Genomes and Genes
aurora kinase a
Summary: An aurora kinase that localizes to the CENTROSOME during MITOSIS and is involved in centrosome regulation and formation of the MITOTIC SPINDLE. Aurora A overexpression in many malignant tumor types suggests that it may be directly involved in NEOPLASTIC CELL TRANSFORMATION.
- Kasahara K, Aoki H, Kiyono T, Wang S, Kagiwada H, Yuge M, et al. EGF receptor kinase suppresses ciliogenesis through activation of USP8 deubiquitinase. Nat Commun. 2018;9:758 pubmed publisher..We further show that usp8 knockout zebrafish develops ciliopathy-related phenotypes including cystic kidney, suggesting that USP8 is a regulator of ciliogenesis in vertebrates. ..
- Wang H, Choe M, Lee I, Namgoong S, Kim J, Kim N, et al. CIP2A acts as a scaffold for CEP192-mediated microtubule organizing center assembly by recruiting Plk1 and aurora A during meiotic maturation. Development. 2017;144:3829-3839 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that CIP2A acts as a scaffold for CEP192-mediated MTOC assembly by recruiting Plk1 and aurora A during meiotic maturation in mouse oocytes. ..
- Xie Y, Zhu S, Zhong M, Yang M, Sun X, Liu J, et al. Inhibition of Aurora Kinase A Induces Necroptosis in Pancreatic Carcinoma. Gastroenterology. 2017;153:1429-1443.e5 pubmed publisher..lines and reduced colony formation; these effects required RIPK1, RIPK3, and MLKL, as well as inhibition of aurora kinase A (AURKA). AURKA interacted directly with RIPK1 and RIPK3 to reduce necrosome activation...
- Oblinger J, Burns S, Huang J, Pan L, Ren Y, Shen R, et al. Overexpression of eIF4F components in meningiomas and suppression of meningioma cell growth by inhibiting translation initiation. Exp Neurol. 2018;299:299-307 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that inhibiting protein translation could be a potential treatment for meningiomas. ..
- Damodaran A, Vaufrey L, Gavard O, Prigent C. Aurora A Kinase Is a Priority Pharmaceutical Target for the Treatment of Cancers. Trends Pharmacol Sci. 2017;38:687-700 pubmed publisher..and particularities of these drugs raise several questions that are explored in this review: is Aurora A even a good target? What biomarkers can we use to measure its activity in vivo? How can we improve the Aurora A-inhibiting drugs? ..
- Lee E, An Y, Kwon J, Kim K, Jeon R. Optimization and biological evaluation of 2-aminobenzothiazole derivatives as Aurora B kinase inhibitors. Bioorg Med Chem. 2017;25:3614-3622 pubmed publisher..We suggest that the reported compounds have the potential to be further developed as anticancer therapeutics. ..
- Xu L, Liu H, Yan Z, Sun Z, Luo S, Lu Q. Inhibition of the Hedgehog signaling pathway suppresses cell proliferation by regulating the Gli2/miR-124/AURKA axis in human glioma cells. Int J Oncol. 2017;50:1868-1878 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that miR-124 is an important downstream target gene of Hh signaling, and the Gli2/miR-124/AURKA axis is essential for the proliferation and growth of human glioma cells. ..
- Wang J, Nikhil K, Viccaro K, Chang L, Jacobsen M, Sandusky G, et al. The Aurora-A-Twist1 axis promotes highly aggressive phenotypes in pancreatic carcinoma. J Cell Sci. 2017;130:1078-1093 pubmed publisherWe uncovered a crucial role for the Aurora kinase A (AURKA)-Twist1 axis in promoting epithelial-to-mesenchymal transition (EMT) and chemoresistance in pancreatic cancer...
- Caputo E, Miceli R, Motti M, Tatè R, Fratangelo F, Botti G, et al. AurkA inhibitors enhance the effects of B-RAF and MEK inhibitors in melanoma treatment. J Transl Med. 2014;12:216 pubmed publisherb>Aurora kinase A (AurkA) is over-expressed in melanoma and its inhibition has been observed to limit tumor growth, suggesting a potential role in melanoma treatment...
- Sampson J, O Regan L, Dyer M, Bayliss R, Fry A. Hsp72 and Nek6 Cooperate to Cluster Amplified Centrosomes in Cancer Cells. Cancer Res. 2017;77:4785-4796 pubmed publisher..Hence, the Nek6-Hsp72 module represents a novel actionable pathway for selective targeting of cancer cells with amplified centrosomes. Cancer Res; 77(18); 4785-96. Â©2017 AACR. ..
- D Angelo L, Myer N, Myers K. MCAK-mediated regulation of endothelial cell microtubule dynamics is mechanosensitive to myosin-II contractility. Mol Biol Cell. 2017;28:1223-1237 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, we find that 3D ECM engagement uncouples MCAK-mediated regulation of MT growth persistence from myosin-II-mediated regulation of growth persistence specifically within EC branched protrusions. ..