Genomes and Genes
Summary: Catalyzes the ATP-dependent PHOSPHORYLATION of GMP to generate GDP and ADP.
- Stolzer M, Siewert K, Lai H, Xu M, Durand D. Event inference in multidomain families with phylogenetic reconciliation. BMC Bioinformatics. 2015;16 Suppl 14:S8 pubmed publisher..These case studies reveal a more vivid and detailed evolutionary history than previously provided. Our algorithms have been implemented in software, freely available at http://www.cs.cmu.edu/Ëœdurand/Notung. ..
- Sen T, Gupta R, Kaiser H, Sen N. Activation of PERK Elicits Memory Impairment through Inactivation of CREB and Downregulation of PSD95 After Traumatic Brain Injury. J Neurosci. 2017;37:5900-5911 pubmed publisher..Therefore, our study suggests that CREB and PSD95 are novel substrates of PERK, so inhibition of PERK phosphorylation using GSK2656157 would be beneficial against memory impairment after TBI. ..
- Frank R, Zhu F, Komiyama N, Grant S. Hierarchical organization and genetically separable subfamilies of PSD95 postsynaptic supercomplexes. J Neurochem. 2017;142:504-511 pubmed publisher..Read the Editorial Highlight for this article on page 500. Cover Image for this issue: doi. 10.1111/jnc.13811. ..
- Li J, Zhang W, Yang H, Howrigan D, Wilkinson B, Souaiaia T, et al. Spatiotemporal profile of postsynaptic interactomes integrates components of complex brain disorders. Nat Neurosci. 2017;20:1150-1161 pubmed publisher..These results were integrated into a software platform, Synaptic Protein/Pathways Resource (SyPPRes), enabling the prioritization of disease risk factors and their placement within synaptic protein interaction networks. ..
- Das S, Knust E. Stardust, the Janus-faced partner of Crumbs. J Cell Biol. 2017;216:1219-1221 pubmed publisher..2017. J. Cell Biol https://doi.org/10.1083/jcb.201611196) report that a subset of Sdt isoforms are targeted by the ubiquitin ligase Neuralized, thus fine tuning the endocytosis and activity of this apical determinant. ..
- Perez Mockus G, Roca V, Mazouni K, Schweisguth F. Neuralized regulates Crumbs endocytosis and epithelium morphogenesis via specific Stardust isoforms. J Cell Biol. 2017;216:1405-1420 pubmed publisher..Thus, our study uncovers a novel regulatory mechanism for the developmental control of Crb-mediated morphogenesis. ..
- Tiffany A, Manganas L, Kim E, Hsueh Y, Sheng M, Trimmer J. PSD-95 and SAP97 exhibit distinct mechanisms for regulating K(+) channel surface expression and clustering. J Cell Biol. 2000;148:147-58 pubmedMechanisms of ion channel clustering by cytoplasmic membrane-associated guanylate kinases such as postsynaptic density 95 (PSD-95) and synapse-associated protein 97 (SAP97) are poorly understood...
- Duran Fernández Feijoo C, Carrasco Carrasco C, Villalmazo Francisco N, Cebrià Romero J, Fernández Lorenzo J, Jimenez Chillaron J, et al. Influence of catch up growth on spatial learning and memory in a mouse model of intrauterine growth restriction. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0177468 pubmed publisher..CUG after a period of prenatal malnutrition seems to improve learning skills. The functional alterations observed might be related to lower PSD95 activity and a possible dysfunction in the hormone regulation of synaptic plasticity. ..
- Reggiani C, Coppens S, Sekhara T, DIMOV I, Pichon B, Lufin N, et al. Novel promoters and coding first exons in DLG2 linked to developmental disorders and intellectual disability. Genome Med. 2017;9:67 pubmed publisher..In addition, our work brings evidence for the lack of cross-annotation in human versus mouse reference genomes and nucleotide versus protein databases. ..
- Lozada L, Desai A, Kevala K, Lee J, Kim H. Perinatal Brain Docosahexaenoic Acid Concentration Has a Lasting Impact on Cognition in Mice. J Nutr. 2017;147:1624-1630 pubmed publisher..b>Conclusion: Developmental deprivation of brain DHA by dietary ?-3 FA depletion in mice may have a lasting impact on cognitive function if not corrected at an early age. ..
- Hayashi S, Uehara D, Tanimoto K, Mizuno S, Chinen Y, Fukumura S, et al. Comprehensive investigation of CASK mutations and other genetic etiologies in 41 patients with intellectual disability and microcephaly with pontine and cerebellar hypoplasia (MICPCH). PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0181791 pubmed publisher