Genomes and Genes
polycomb repressive complex 2
Summary: A multisubunit polycomb protein complex that catalyzes the METHYLATION of chromosomal HISTONE H3. It works in conjunction with POLYCOMB REPRESSIVE COMPLEX 1 to effect EPIGENETIC REPRESSION.
- Clancy K, Russell A, Subramanian V, Nguyen H, Qian Y, Campbell R, et al. Citrullination/Methylation Crosstalk on Histone H3 Regulates ER-Target Gene Transcription. ACS Chem Biol. 2017;12:1691-1702 pubmed publisher..In total, our studies support the existence of crosstalk between citrullination of H3R26 and methylation of H3K27. ..
- Bratkowski M, Yang X, Liu X. Polycomb repressive complex 2 in an autoinhibited state. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:13323-13332 pubmed publisher..b>Polycomb repressive complex 2 (PRC2) is responsible for methylation of histone H3 lysine 27 (H3K27), and trimethylated H3K27 (..
- Yu W, Zhang F, Wang S, Fu Y, Chen J, Liang X, et al. Depletion of polycomb repressive complex 2 core component EED impairs fetal hematopoiesis. Cell Death Dis. 2017;8:e2744 pubmed publisherb>Polycomb repressive complex 2 (PRC2), a H3K27me3 methyltransferase complex, promotes the development of many organs by silencing ectopic transcription program...
- Xu M, Zuo D, Liu X, Fan H, Chen Q, Deng S, et al. MiR-155 contributes to Th17 cells differentiation in dextran sulfate sodium (DSS)-induced colitis mice via Jarid2. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;488:6-14 pubmed publisher..This study suggests that miR-155 plays a host-damaging role during DSS-induced colitis mice and induces Th17 differentiation by targeting Jarid2. ..
- Holoch D, Margueron R. Mechanisms Regulating PRC2 Recruitment and Enzymatic Activity. Trends Biochem Sci. 2017;42:531-542 pubmed publisherb>Polycomb repressive complex 2 (PRC2) and its histone H3 lysine-27 methylation activity are crucial for multicellular development by virtue of their role in maintaining transcriptional repression patterns...
- Bradley W, Arora S, Busby J, Balasubramanian S, Gehling V, Nasveschuk C, et al. EZH2 inhibitor efficacy in non-Hodgkin's lymphoma does not require suppression of H3K27 monomethylation. Chem Biol. 2014;21:1463-75 pubmed publisher..Importantly, we find that these inhibitors are broadly efficacious also in NHL models with wild-type EZH2. ..
- Gnad F, Doll S, Manning G, Arnott D, Zhang Z. Bioinformatics analysis of thousands of TCGA tumors to determine the involvement of epigenetic regulators in human cancer. BMC Genomics. 2015;16 Suppl 8:S5 pubmed publisher..Our predictor uncovered one OG and several TSGs among ERGs. Expression analyses elucidated multiple dysregulated ERGs including EZH2 as member of a co-expressed cell cycle network. ..
- Ai S, Yu X, Li Y, Peng Y, Li C, Yue Y, et al. Divergent Requirements for EZH1 in Heart Development Versus Regeneration. Circ Res. 2017;121:106-112 pubmed publisherb>Polycomb repressive complex 2 is a major epigenetic repressor that deposits methylation on histone H3 on lysine 27 (H3K27me) and controls differentiation and function of many cells, including cardiac myocytes...
- Prokopuk L, Stringer J, Hogg K, Elgass K, Western P. PRC2 is required for extensive reorganization of H3K27me3 during epigenetic reprogramming in mouse fetal germ cells. Epigenetics Chromatin. 2017;10:7 pubmed publisher..Here, we show that Polycomb Repressive Complex 2 is transiently localized in the nucleus of mouse fetal germ cells, while DNA methylation is removed ..
- Gray S, Amezquita R, Guan T, Kleinstein S, Kaech S. Polycomb Repressive Complex 2-Mediated Chromatin Repression Guides Effector CD8+ T Cell Terminal Differentiation and Loss of Multipotency. Immunity. 2017;46:596-608 pubmed publisher..b>Polycomb repressive complex 2 deficiency impaired clonal expansion and TE cell differentiation, but minimally impacted CD8+Shiekhattar R. PINTing for p53. Genome Biol. 2013;14:132 pubmed..A new study identifies the long noncoding RNA Pintas a regulator of cellular proliferation and a target of the p53 pathway. ..Zhang J, Wu W, Xu S, Zhang J, Zhang J, Yu Q, et al. MicroRNA-105 inhibits human glioma cell malignancy by directly targeting SUZ12. Tumour Biol. 2017;39:1010428317705766 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results indicate that miR-105 plays a significant role in tumor behavior and malignant progression, which may provide a novel therapeutic strategy for the treatment of glioma and other cancers. ..Parvani J, Schiemann W. Sox4, EMT programs, and the metastatic progression of breast cancers: mastering the masters of EMT. Breast Cancer Res. 2013;15:R72 pubmed..This viewpoint highlights Sox4 as a 'new' master of EMT programs and metastatic breast cancer. ..Wang W, Xiao X, Chen X, Huo Y, Xi W, Lin Z, et al. Tumor-suppressive miR-145 co-repressed by TCF4-Î²-catenin and PRC2 complexes forms double-negative regulation loops with its negative regulators in colorectal cancer. Int J Cancer. 2018;142:308-321 pubmed publisher..Collectively, we elucidated the detailed molecular mechanism of how dysregulated Wnt/Î²-catenin signaling and tumor-suppressive miRNAs reciprocally regulate each other in CRC cells. ..Wang A, Juan A, Ko K, Tsai P, Zare H, Dell Orso S, et al. The Elongation Factor Spt6 Maintains ESC Pluripotency by Controlling Super-Enhancers and Counteracting Polycomb Proteins. Mol Cell. 2017;68:398-413.e6 pubmed publisher..Thus, in addition to serving as a histone chaperone and transcription elongation factor, Spt6 counteracts repression by opposing H3K27me3 deposition at critical genomic regulatory regions. ..Vo B, Li C, Morgan M, Theurillat I, Finkelstein D, Wright S, et al. Inactivation of Ezh2 Upregulates Gfi1 and Drives Aggressive Myc-Driven Group 3 Medulloblastoma. Cell Rep. 2017;18:2907-2917 pubmed publisher..Although negative regulation of Gfi1 by Ezh2 may restrain MB development, Gfi1 activation can bypass these effects. ..Liu S, Chen D, Shen W, Chen L, Yu A, Fu H, et al. EZH2 Mediates the Regulation of S100A4 on E-cadherin Expression and the Proliferation, Migration of Gastric Cancer Cells. Hepatogastroenterology. 2015;62:737-41 pubmed..As a novel downstream target of S100A4, EZH2 mediates the inhibition of S100A4 on E-cadherin. The SET domain is important for EZH2 in mediating the cellular function of S100A4. ..Ciarapica R, Russo G, Verginelli F, Raimondi L, Donfrancesco A, Rota R, et al. Deregulated expression of miR-26a and Ezh2 in rhabdomyosarcoma. Cell Cycle. 2009;8:172-5 pubmedXie L, Zhang Z, Tan Z, He R, Zeng X, Xie Y, et al. MicroRNA-124 inhibits proliferation and induces apoptosis by directly repressing EZH2 in gastric cancer. Mol Cell Biochem. 2014;392:153-9 pubmed..Therefore, miR-124 shows tumor-suppressive activity and may be a new and useful approach of gastric cancer therapy. ..Neri F, Incarnato D, Krepelova A, Rapelli S, Pagnani A, Zecchina R, et al. Genome-wide analysis identifies a functional association of Tet1 and Polycomb repressive complex 2 in mouse embryonic stem cells. Genome Biol. 2013;14:R91 pubmed publisher..We find that 5hmC co-localization with Polycomb repressive complex 2 (PRC2) is specific to ESCs and is absent in differentiated cells...Eun S, Feng L, Cedeno Rosario L, Gan Q, Wei G, Cui K, et al. Polycomb Group Gene E(z) Is Required for Spermatogonial Dedifferentiation in Drosophila Adult Testis. J Mol Biol. 2017;429:2030-2041 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our data suggest that E(z) acts intrinsically in germ cells to activate dedifferentiation and thus replenish lost GSCs during both aging and tissue regeneration. ..Gherardi S, Ripoche D, Mikaelian I, Chanal M, Teinturier R, Goehrig D, et al. Menin regulates Inhbb expression through an Akt/Ezh2-mediated H3K27 histone modification. Biochim Biophys Acta Gene Regul Mech. 2017;1860:427-437 pubmed publisher..Our data suggests therefore that Menin could take an important part to the Ezh2-epigenetic repressive landscape in many cells and tissues through its capacity to modulate Akt phosphorylation. ..Shen W, Clemente M, Hosono N, Yoshida K, Przychodzen B, Yoshizato T, et al. Deep sequencing reveals stepwise mutation acquisition in paroxysmal nocturnal hemoglobinuria. J Clin Invest. 2014;124:4529-38 pubmed publisher..Together, our data indicate that in addition to PIGA mutations, accessory genetic events are frequent in PNH, suggesting a stepwise clonal evolution derived from a singular stem cell clone. ..Xiao J, Jin R, Yu X, Shen M, Wagner J, Pai A, et al. Cis and trans determinants of epigenetic silencing by Polycomb repressive complex 2 in Arabidopsis. Nat Genet. 2017;49:1546-1552 pubmed publisher..Here we define short genomic fragments, known as Polycomb response elements (PREs), that direct Polycomb repressive complex 2 (PRC2) placement at developmental genes regulated by silencing in Arabidopsis thaliana...Nishioka K, Wang X, Miyazaki H, Soejima H, Hirose S. Mbf1 ensures Polycomb silencing by protecting E(z) mRNA from degradation by Pacman. Development. 2018;145: pubmed publisher..i>In vitro, Mbf1 protected E(z) RNA from Pcm activity. Our results suggest that Mbf1 buffers fluctuations in Pcm activity to maintain an E(z) mRNA expression level sufficient for Polycomb silencing. ..