Genomes and Genes
Summary: A flavoprotein that reversibly oxidizes NADPH to NADP and a reduced acceptor. EC 220.127.116.11.
- Livingston A, Cruz J, Kohzuma K, Dhingra A, Kramer D. An Arabidopsis mutant with high cyclic electron flow around photosystem I (hcef) involving the NADPH dehydrogenase complex. Plant Cell. 2010;22:221-33 pubmed publisher..By contrast, crossing hcef1 with crr2-2, deficient in thylakoid NADPH dehydrogenase (NDH) complex, results in a double mutant that is highly light sensitive and lacks elevated CEF1, ..
- Opperman D, Piater L, van Heerden E. A novel chromate reductase from Thermus scotoductus SA-01 related to old yellow enzyme. J Bacteriol. 2008;190:3076-82 pubmed publisher..Sequence analysis shows the chromate reductase to be related to the old yellow enzyme family, in particular the xenobiotic reductases involved in the oxidative stress response. ..
- Padhi S, Bougioukou D, Stewart J. Site-saturation mutagenesis of tryptophan 116 of Saccharomyces pastorianus old yellow enzyme uncovers stereocomplementary variants. J Am Chem Soc. 2009;131:3271-80 pubmed publisher..These computational tools will allow preliminary in silico screening of additional residues to identify those most likely to control the substrate binding orientation and provide some guidance to future experimental studies...
- Stueckler C, Mueller N, Winkler C, Glueck S, Gruber K, Steinkellner G, et al. Bioreduction of alpha-methylcinnamaldehyde derivatives: chemo-enzymatic asymmetric synthesis of Lilial and Helional. Dalton Trans. 2010;39:8472-6 pubmed publisher..The stereochemical outcome of the reduction of alpha-methylcinnamaldehyde using NCR and OYEs 1-3 [previously reported to be (R)] was unambiguously corrected to be (S). ..
- Gaillard J, Ramabhadran V, Neumanne E, Gurel P, Blanchoin L, Vantard M, et al. Differential interactions of the formins INF2, mDia1, and mDia2 with microtubules. Mol Biol Cell. 2011;22:4575-87 pubmed publisher..These differences in interactions with microtubules and actin suggest differential function in cellular processes requiring both cytoskeletal elements. ..
- Lovasova K, Kluchova D, Bolekova A, Dorko F, Spakovska T. Distribution of NADPH-diaphorase and AChE activity in the anterior leaflet of rat mitral valve. Eur J Histochem. 2010;54:e5 pubmed..The presence of nitrergic and cholinergic activity confirms the involvement of both neurotransmitters in nerve plexuses and other structures of mitral valve. ..
- Hwang S, Huh Y. Age-related changes in nitric oxide synthase in the lateral geniculate nucleus of rats. J Mol Histol. 2010;41:129-35 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that increased nitric oxide production and peroxynitrite may be associated with alterations in visual function during aging. ..
- Vaillant D, Copeland S, Davis C, Thurston S, Abdennur N, Copeland J. Interaction of the N- and C-terminal autoregulatory domains of FRL2 does not inhibit FRL2 activity. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:33750-62 pubmed publisher..Finally, unlike other formins, we find that the FH2 and N-terminal dimerization domains of FRL2 and FRL3 are able to form hetero-oligomers. ..
- Lammers M, Meyer S, Kühlmann D, Wittinghofer A. Specificity of interactions between mDia isoforms and Rho proteins. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:35236-46 pubmed publisher..We also show that the F106H and H104F mutations drastically alter the affinities and thermodynamics of mDia interactions. ..
- Opperman D, Sewell B, Litthauer D, Isupov M, Littlechild J, van Heerden E. Crystal structure of a thermostable old yellow enzyme from Thermus scotoductus SA-01. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2010;393:426-31 pubmed publisher..Mutational studies have confirmed the role of Tyr177 as the proposed proton donor although reduction could still occur at a reduced rate when this residue was mutated to phenylalanine. ..
- Mateos R, Bonilla Valverde D, del R o L, Palma J, Corpas F. NADP-dehydrogenases from pepper fruits: effect of maturation. Physiol Plant. 2009;135:130-9 pubmed publisher..The increase in the content of NADPH in mature fruits because of the enhanced activity of NADP-dehydrogenases suggests that these NADPH-generating enzymes could be involved in the maturation of pepper fruits...
- Tan H, He J, Wang S, Hirata K, Yang Z, Kuraoka A, et al. Age-related NADPH-diaphorase positive bodies in the lumbosacral spinal cord of aged rats. Arch Histol Cytol. 2006;69:297-310 pubmed
- Yanto Y, Winkler C, Lohr S, Hall M, Faber K, Bommarius A. Asymmetric bioreduction of alkenes using ene-reductases YersER and KYE1 and effects of organic solvents. Org Lett. 2011;13:2540-3 pubmed publisher..The effects of organic solvents on enzyme activity and stereoselectivity were outlined in this study, where two-phase systems hexane and toluene are shown to sustain bioreduction efficiency even at high organic solvent content. ..
- Dent E, Kwiatkowski A, Mebane L, Philippar U, Barzik M, Rubinson D, et al. Filopodia are required for cortical neurite initiation. Nat Cell Biol. 2007;9:1347-59 pubmed..Neurite initiation also requires microtubule extension into filopodia, suggesting that interactions between actin-filament bundles and dynamic microtubules within filopodia are crucial for neuritogenesis. ..
- Huh Y, Choon Park D, Geun Yeo S, Cha Il C. Evidence for increased NADPH-diaphorase-positive neurons in the central auditory system of the aged rat. Acta Otolaryngol. 2008;128:648-53 pubmed publisher..05). The staining densities of NADPH-d-positive neurons in the inferior colliculus, the auditory cortex, and the visual cortex were significantly greater in aged compared with younger rats (p<0.05). ..
- Watanabe S, Ando Y, Yasuda S, Hosoya H, Watanabe N, Ishizaki T, et al. mDia2 induces the actin scaffold for the contractile ring and stabilizes its position during cytokinesis in NIH 3T3 cells. Mol Biol Cell. 2008;19:2328-38 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that mDia2 is essential in mammalian cell cytokinesis and that mDia2-induced F-actin forms a scaffold for the contractile ring and maintains its position in the middle of a dividing cell. ..
- Kluchova D, Bolekova A, Heichel C, Bron A, Kozak I. NADPH-diaphorase expression in the meibomian glands of rat palpebra in postnatal development. Eur J Histochem. 2010;54:e47 pubmed..Nerves innervating MGs utilize nitric oxide (NO) as a neurotransmitter mostly in early developmental stages and this need thereafter decreases and stabilizes at 3 weeks postnatally...
- Villena A, Diaz F, Vidal L, Moreno M, Perez De Vargas I. Quantitative age-related changes in NADPH-diaphorase-positive neurons in the ventral lateral geniculate nucleus. Neurosci Res. 2003;46:63-72 pubmed..Finally, the type C neurons modify their size and dendritic process. ..
- Pisu M, Guioli S, Conforti E, Bernocchi G. Signal molecules and receptors in the differential development of cerebellum lobules. Acute effects of cisplatin on nitric oxide and glutamate systems in Purkinje cell population. Brain Res Dev Brain Res. 2003;145:229-40 pubmed
- Kataoka M, Kotaka A, Hasegawa A, Wada M, Yoshizumi A, Nakamori S, et al. Old Yellow Enzyme from Candida macedoniensis catalyzes the stereospecific reduction of the C=C bond of ketoisophorone. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2002;66:2651-7 pubmed..The results of primary structural analysis and its enzymatic properties suggested that the enzyme might be an Old Yellow Enzyme family protein. ..
- Olsen L, Mortensen K, Martinussen T, Larsson L, Baandrup U, Pedersen H. Increased NADPH-diaphorase activity in canine myxomatous mitral valve leaflets. J Comp Pathol. 2003;129:120-30 pubmed..In conclusion, increased NADPH-d activity, suggesting increased NOS expression, was found in areas of the mitral valve with myxomatous changes. This indicates that nitric oxide (NO) may play a role in the pathogenesis of MMVD in dogs. ..
- Kovar D, Harris E, Mahaffy R, Higgs H, Pollard T. Control of the assembly of ATP- and ADP-actin by formins and profilin. Cell. 2006;124:423-35 pubmed..These results suggest that diverse formins are mechanistically similar, but the rates of particular assembly steps vary. ..
- Yu K, Tamada Y, Suwa F, Fang Y, Tang C. Age-related changes in oxytocin-, arginine vasopressin- and nitric oxide synthase-expressing neurons in the supraoptic nucleus of the rat. Life Sci. 2006;78:1143-8 pubmed..Based on our histochemical findings and reports demonstrated by other authors, we attempted to discuss the physiological role of NOS for the secretion of posterior pituitary hormones along with age. ..
- Racekova E, Martončíková M, Mitrusková B, Cizkova D, Orendacova J. Age-related changes of NADPH-diaphorase positivity in the rat rostral migratory stream. Cell Mol Neurobiol. 2005;25:1093-105 pubmed..The presence of NO producing cells in the RMS of neonatal adult and aging rats indicates, that this proliferating and migratory area is under the influence of NO throughout the entire life of the animals. ..
- Danko J, Ondrasovic M, Svický E, Jenca A, Pospieszny N, Ondrasovicova O. Histochemical study of innervation and NADPH-D activity of the thymus. Anat Histol Embryol. 2003;32:233-5 pubmed..Nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide phosphate-diaphorase positive cells observed in the rat thymus were irregular with numerous projections and were located on the boundary of the cortex and medulla. ..
- Michalecka A, Agius S, M ller I, Rasmusson A. Identification of a mitochondrial external NADPH dehydrogenase by overexpression in transgenic Nicotiana sylvestris. Plant J. 2004;37:415-25 pubmed..with high transcript and protein levels for St-NDB1 had up to threefold increased activity of external NADPH dehydrogenase in isolated mitochondria as compared to the wild type (WT)...
- Williams R, Rathbone D, Scrutton N, Bruce N. Biotransformation of explosives by the old yellow enzyme family of flavoproteins. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2004;70:3566-74 pubmed..Characterization of an active site mutant of one of the enzymes suggests a structural basis for this difference. ..
- Wada M, Yoshizumi A, Noda Y, Kataoka M, Shimizu S, Takagi H, et al. Production of a doubly chiral compound, (4R,6R)-4-hydroxy-2,2,6-trimethylcyclohexanone, by two-step enzymatic asymmetric reduction. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2003;69:933-7 pubmed..To our knowledge, this is the first report of the application of S. cerevisiae old yellow enzyme for the production of a useful compound. ..
- Fitzpatrick T, Amrhein N, Macheroux P. Characterization of YqjM, an Old Yellow Enzyme homolog from Bacillus subtilis involved in the oxidative stress response. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:19891-7 pubmed..Moreover, we show that YqjM is rapidly induced in response to oxidative stress as exerted by hydrogen peroxide, demonstrating a potential physiological role for this enigmatic class of proteins. ..
- Yamazaki H, Tasaka M, Shikanai T. PPR motifs of the nucleus-encoded factor, PGR3, function in the selective and distinct steps of chloroplast gene expression in Arabidopsis. Plant J. 2004;38:152-63 pubmed..a transient increase in fluorescence after turning off the actinic light, which was ascribed to chloroplast NADPH dehydrogenase (NDH) activity, was impaired in pgr3-1 and pgr3-3 but not in pgr3-2...
- Wallar B, Stropich B, Schoenherr J, Holman H, Kitchen S, Alberts A. The basic region of the diaphanous-autoregulatory domain (DAD) is required for autoregulatory interactions with the diaphanous-related formin inhibitory domain. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:4300-7 pubmed..These studies further refine our understanding of the molecular contribution of DAD to mDia control and the role of mDia2 in the assembly of membrane protrusions. ..
- Brigé A, Van den Hemel D, Carpentier W, De Smet L, Van Beeumen J. Comparative characterization and expression analysis of the four Old Yellow Enzyme homologues from Shewanella oneidensis indicate differences in physiological function. Biochem J. 2006;394:335-44 pubmed..e. the protection of cellular components against oxidative damage. As only SYE4 was induced under oxidative stress conditions, however, a functional divergence between bacterial OYEs is likely to exist. ..
- Kataoka M, Kotaka A, Thiwthong R, Wada M, Nakamori S, Shimizu S. Cloning and overexpression of the old yellow enzyme gene of Candida macedoniensis, and its application to the production of a chiral compound. J Biotechnol. 2004;114:1-9 pubmed..4%. Since the use of E. coli BL21 (DE3) cells co-expressing oye and gdh as a catalyst is simple and does not require the addition of glucose dehydrogenase, it is highly advantageous for the practical synthesis of (6R)-levodione. ..
- Ouda L, Nwabueze Ogbo F, Druga R, Syka J. NADPH-diaphorase-positive neurons in the auditory cortex of young and old rats. Neuroreport. 2003;14:363-6 pubmed..The length of dendrites in NADPH-d-positive neurons and their density increased in very old rats. The total number of NADPH-d-positive neurons within the Te 1 and Te 3 fields was 13% lower in the old rats than in the young. ..
- Gorbachevskaia A, Chivileva O. [Structural organization of the zona incerta in the dog diencephalon]. Morfologiia. 2007;131:16-21 pubmed..The mapping of zona incerta was performed, and the borders of the sectors were accurately determined by histochemical demonstration of NADPH-diaphorase-positive neurons. ..
- Jin W, Wang H, Ji Y, Zhu L, Yan W, Qiao L, et al. Genetic ablation of Nrf2 enhances susceptibility to acute lung injury after traumatic brain injury in mice. Exp Biol Med (Maywood). 2009;234:181-9 pubmed publisher..The results of the present study suggest that Nrf2 reduces TBI-induced acute lung injury, possibly by decreasing pulmonary inflammation and inducing antioxidant and detoxifying enzymes. ..
- Jayabalan R, Sathishkumar M, Jeong E, Mun S, Yun S. Immobilization of flavin adenine dinucleotide (FAD) onto carbon cloth and its application as working electrode in an electroenzymatic bioreactor. Bioresour Technol. 2012;123:686-9 pubmed publisher..Immobilized FAD on the surface of carbon cloth electrode facilitated it to carry electrons from electrode to electron transfer enzymes; thereby NADH-regeneration was accelerated to drive the enzymatic reaction efficiently. ..
- Jennings B, Donald J. Neurally-derived nitric oxide regulates vascular tone in pulmonary and cutaneous arteries of the toad, Bufo marinus. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. 2008;295:R1640-6 pubmed publisher..The nitrergic vasodilation in the arteries appears to be caused, in part, via activation of K(+)(ATP) channels. Thus, NO could play an important role in determining pulmocutaneous blood flow and the magnitude of cardiac shunting. ..
- Coyle C, Cheng J, O Connor S, Panaccione D. An old yellow enzyme gene controls the branch point between Aspergillus fumigatus and Claviceps purpurea ergot alkaloid pathways. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2010;76:3898-903 pubmed publisher..These data indicate that functional differences in the easA-encoded old yellow enzymes of A. fumigatus and C. purpurea result in divergence of their respective ergot alkaloid pathways...
- Alard A, Fabre B, Anesia R, Marboeuf C, Pierre P, Susini C, et al. NAD(P)H quinone-oxydoreductase 1 protects eukaryotic translation initiation factor 4GI from degradation by the proteasome. Mol Cell Biol. 2010;30:1097-105 pubmed publisher..Our findings assign NQO1 an original role in the regulation of mRNA translation via the control of eIF4GI stability by the proteasome. ..
- Pai N, Ghosh K, Shetty S. Hereditary protein C deficiency in Indian patients with venous thrombosis. Ann Hematol. 2012;91:1471-6 pubmed publisher..001). PC deficiency in Indian VT patients can, thus, largely be explained by PROC gene promoter CG polymorphisms; only a small fraction of the patients show specific mutations in PROC gene. ..
- Juszczuk I, Szal B, Rychter A. Oxidation-reduction and reactive oxygen species homeostasis in mutant plants with respiratory chain complex I dysfunction. Plant Cell Environ. 2012;35:296-307 pubmed publisher..The new cellular homeostasis in mutants with dysfunction of complex I allows growth and development, reflecting the plasticity of plant metabolism. ..
- Degano B, Valmary S, Serrano E, Brousset P, Arnal J. Expression of nitric oxide synthases in primary ciliary dyskinesia. Hum Pathol. 2011;42:1855-61 pubmed publisher..We therefore conclude that the drop in nasal nitric oxide in patients with primary ciliary dyskinesia is not secondary to the loss of nitric oxide synthase expression. ..
- Matte A, De Falco L, Iolascon A, Mohandas N, An X, Siciliano A, et al. The Interplay Between Peroxiredoxin-2 and Nuclear Factor-Erythroid 2 Is Important in Limiting Oxidative Mediated Dysfunction in Î²-Thalassemic Erythropoiesis. Antioxid Redox Signal. 2015;23:1284-97 pubmed publisher..of genes that protect against oxidative damage such as gluthatione S-transferase, heme-oxygenase-1, and NADPH dehydrogenase quinone-1...
- Kotsyuba A, Kotsyuba E, Chertok V. Nitroxidergic nerve fibers of intracerebral vessels. Neurosci Behav Physiol. 2010;40:451-5 pubmed publisher..Thus, nitroxidergic neurons or groups of these neurons may monitor the state of the circulation at different points in the vascular bed, functioning as local nerve centers. ..
- Greggio F, Fontes R, Maifrino L, Castelucci P, de Souza R, Liberti E. Effects of perinatal protein deprivation and recovery on esophageal myenteric plexus. World J Gastroenterol. 2010;16:563-70 pubmed..Protein deprivation causes a delay in neuronal maturation but postnatal recovery can almost completely restore the normal morphology of myenteric neurons. ..
- Wang S, Yao Z, Wang J, Ai Y, Li D, Zhang Y, et al. Evidence for a distinct group of nestin-immunoreactive neurons within the basal forebrain of adult rats. Neuroscience. 2006;142:1209-19 pubmed
- Boccoli J, Loidl C, López Costa J, Creydt V, Ibarra C, Goldstein J. Intracerebroventricular administration of Shiga toxin type 2 altered the expression levels of neuronal nitric oxide synthase and glial fibrillary acidic protein in rat brains. Brain Res. 2008;1230:320-33 pubmed publisher..The present animal model resembles the encephalopathy developed in Hemolytic Uremic Syndrome (HUS) patients by STEC intoxication. ..
- Zhao X, Wang L, Wang Y, Song F, Li Y, Fu R, et al. Activation of phospholipase-C? and protein kinase C signal pathways helps the survival of spinal motoneurons injured by root avulsion. J Neurochem. 2012;121:362-72 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that PLC? mediates, while PKC and nNOS are associated with, the avulsion-induced MN death in brachial plexus root avulsion. ..
- Shikanai T. Cyclic electron transport around photosystem I: genetic approaches. Annu Rev Plant Biol. 2007;58:199-217 pubmed..Based on several lines of evidence presented here, it is necessary to reconsider the fundamental mechanisms of chloroplast energetics. ..