Genomes and Genes
histone deacetylase 1
Summary: A histone deacetylase subtype that is found along with HISTONE DEACETYLASE 2; RETINOBLASTOMA-BINDING PROTEIN 4; and RETINOBLASTOMA-BINDING PROTEIN 7 as core components of histone deacetylase complexes.
- Cao L, Song X, Pei L, Liu L, Wang H, Jia M. Histone deacetylase HDAC1 expression correlates with the progression and prognosis of lung cancer: A meta-analysis. Medicine (Baltimore). 2017;96:e7663 pubmed publisherb>Histone deacetylase 1 (HDAC1) is an important epigenetic factor, and is thought to be associated with the progression and prognosis of some types of cancer...
- Song K, Choi C, Lee H, Oh S, Woo S, Hong S, et al. HDAC1 Upregulation by NANOG Promotes Multidrug Resistance and a Stem-like Phenotype in Immune Edited Tumor Cells. Cancer Res. 2017;77:5039-5053 pubmed publisher..i>Cancer Res; 77(18); 5039-53. Â©2017 AACR. ..
- Shi L, Zhang G, Zheng Z, Lu B, Ji L. Andrographolide reduced VEGFA expression in hepatoma cancer cells by inactivating HIF-1?: The involvement of JNK and MTA1/HDCA. Chem Biol Interact. 2017;273:228-236 pubmed publisher..Andro reduced the expression of metastasis-associated protein 1 (MTA1) and histone deacetylase 1 (HDAC1) in hepatoma cancer cells...
- Wang J, Zhao H, Fan Z, Li G, Ma Q, Tao Z, et al. Long Noncoding RNA H19 Promotes Neuroinflammation in Ischemic Stroke by Driving Histone Deacetylase 1-Dependent M1 Microglial Polarization. Stroke. 2017;48:2211-2221 pubmed publisher..H19 siRNA and histone deacetylase 1 (HDAC1) plasmid were used to knock down H19 and overexpress HDAC1, respectively...
- Wang Y, Liu M, Jin Y, Jiang S, Pan J. InÂ vitro and inÂ vivo anti-uveal melanoma activity of JSL-1, a novel HDAC inhibitor. Cancer Lett. 2017;400:47-60 pubmed publisher..Importantly, JSL-1 potently inhibited the growth of uveal melanoma xenograft in NOD-SCID mice. These results suggested that JSL-1 may be a promising therapeutic agent for UM. ..
- Moruno Manchon J, Uzor N, Blasco Conesa M, Mannuru S, Putluri N, Furr Stimming E, et al. Inhibiting sphingosine kinase 2 mitigates mutant Huntingtin-induced neurodegeneration in neuron models of Huntington disease. Hum Mol Genet. 2017;26:1305-1317 pubmed publisher..Our results identify a novel regulator of mutant huntingtin-mediated neurotoxicity and provide a new target for developing therapies for HD. ..
- Woods D, Woan K, Cheng F, Sodre A, Wang D, Wu Y, et al. T cells lacking HDAC11 have increased effector functions and mediate enhanced alloreactivity in a murine model. Blood. 2017;130:146-155 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data demonstrate a previously unknown role of HDAC11 as a negative epigenetic regulator of T-cell effector phenotype and function. ..
- Liu H, Chen S, Yao X, Li Y, Chen C, Liu J, et al. Histone deacetylases 1 and 2 regulate the transcriptional programs of nephron progenitors and renal vesicles. Development. 2018;145: pubmed publisher..We conclude that the epigenetic regulators HDAC1 and HDAC2 control nephrogenesis via interactions with the transcriptional programs of nephron progenitors and renal vesicles. ..
- Sharma D, Liu Y, Uht R. Estradiol (E2)- and tamoxifen (Tmx)-bound ER-alpha (ER?) interact differentially with histone deacetylases 1 and 3 (HDACs 1 and 3). J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol. 2017;174:128-132 pubmed publisher..In distinction, only HDAC3 knock-down led to increased activity in the presence of Tmx. In summary, ER? differentially interacts with HDACs 1 and 3 to regulate transcriptional activity. ..
- Tang Z, Ding S, Huang H, Luo P, Qing B, Zhang S, et al. HDAC1 triggers the proliferation and migration of breast cancer cells via upregulation of interleukin-8. Biol Chem. 2017;398:1347-1356 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our data showed that HDAC1 can trigger the proliferation and migration of breast cancer cells via activation of Snail/IL-8 signals. ..
- Zhu Y, Vidaurre O, Adula K, Kezunovic N, Wentling M, Huntley G, et al. Subcellular Distribution of HDAC1 in Neurotoxic Conditions Is Dependent on Serine Phosphorylation. J Neurosci. 2017;37:7547-7559 pubmed publisherCalcium-dependent nuclear export of histone deacetylase 1 (HDAC1) was shown previously to precede axonal damage in culture, but the in vivo relevance of these findings and the potential posttranslational modifications of HDAC1 ..
- Wang H, Kohashi K, Yoshizumi T, Okumura Y, Tanaka Y, Shimokawa M, et al. Coexpression of SALL4 with HDAC1 and/or HDAC2 is associated with underexpression of PTEN and poor prognosis in patients with hepatocellular carcinoma. Hum Pathol. 2017;64:69-75 pubmed publisher..has demonstrated that SALL4 interacts with the nucleosome remodeling deacetylase complex, which contains histone deacetylase 1 (HDAC1) and histone deacetylase 2 (HDAC2)...
- Zhang Z, Lei A, Xu L, Chen L, Chen Y, Zhang X, et al. Similarity in gene-regulatory networks suggests that cancer cells share characteristics of embryonic neural cells. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:12842-12859 pubmed publisher..This observed similarity in regulatory mechanisms suggests that cancer cells might share characteristics of embryonic neural cells. ..
- Mehndiratta S, Wang R, Huang H, Su C, Hsu C, Wu Y, et al. 4-Indolyl-N-hydroxyphenylacrylamides as potent HDAC class I and IIB inhibitors in vitro and in vivo. Eur J Med Chem. 2017;134:13-23 pubmed publisher..Therefore, compound 13 could be a suitable lead for further investigation and the development of selective HDAC 2 inhibitors as potent anti-cancer compounds. ..
- Mishra V, Wegwitz F, Kosinsky R, Sen M, Baumgartner R, Wulff T, et al. Histone deacetylase class-I inhibition promotes epithelial gene expression in pancreatic cancer cells in a BRD4- and MYC-dependent manner. Nucleic Acids Res. 2017;45:6334-6349 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our study uncovers a previously unknown role of BRD4 and MYC in eliciting the HDACi-mediated induction of a subset of genes and provides molecular insight into the mechanisms of HDACi action in PDAC. ..
- Bosio M, Fermi B, Spagnoli G, Levati E, Rubbi L, Ferrari R, et al. Abf1 and other general regulatory factors control ribosome biogenesis gene expression in budding yeast. Nucleic Acids Res. 2017;45:4493-4506 pubmed publisher..Our observations point to GRFs as new multifaceted players in Ribi gene regulation both during exponential growth and under repressive conditions. ..
- Durham B, Grigg R, Wood I. Inhibition of histone deacetylase 1 or 2 reduces induced cytokine expression in microglia through a protein synthesis independent mechanism. J Neurochem. 2017;143:214-224 pubmed publisher..Taken together, this study supports the idea that inhibitors selective towards HDAC1 or HDAC2, may be therapeutically useful for targeting neuroinflammation in brain injuries and neurodegenerative disease. ..
- Streubel G, Fitzpatrick D, Oliviero G, Scelfo A, Moran B, Das S, et al. Fam60a defines a variant Sin3a-Hdac complex in embryonic stem cells required for self-renewal. EMBO J. 2017;36:2216-2232 pubmed publisher..Taken together, Fam60a is an essential core subunit of a variant Sin3a complex in ES cells that is required to promote rapid proliferation and prevent unscheduled differentiation. ..
- Gao S, Zang J, Gao Q, Liang X, Ding Q, Li X, et al. Design, synthesis and anti-tumor activity study of novel histone deacetylase inhibitors containing isatin-based caps and o-phenylenediamine-based zinc binding groups. Bioorg Med Chem. 2017;25:2981-2994 pubmed publisher..163, 0.396 and 0.605µM, respectively), compound 9n with IC50 values of 0.032, 0.256 and 0.311µM for HDAC1, 2 and 3 respectively, showed a moderate HDAC1 selectivity. ..