Genomes and Genes
fatty acid synthases
Summary: Enzymes that catalyze the synthesis of FATTY ACIDS from acetyl-CoA and malonyl-CoA derivatives.
- Ren B, Thelen A, Peters J, Gonzalez F, Jump D. Polyunsaturated fatty acid suppression of hepatic fatty acid synthase and S14 gene expression does not require peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alpha. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:26827-32 pubmed..One requires PPARalpha and is involved in regulating peroxisomal and microsomal enzymes. The other pathway does not require PPARalpha and is involved in the PUFA-mediated suppression of lipogenic gene expression. ..
- Liu D, Mai K, Zhang Y, Xu W, Ai Q. GSK-3b participates in the regulation of hepatic lipid deposition in large yellow croaker (Larmichthys crocea). Fish Physiol Biochem. 2016;42:379-88 pubmed..The results indicate that GSK-3Î²/Î²-catenin may participate in regulating LPL and FAS through PPARÎ³ in the liver of large yellow croaker, which will lead to the inhibition of hepatic lipid deposition. ..
- Abd Eldaim M, Matsuoka S, Okamatsu Ogura Y, Kamikawa A, Ahmed M, Terao A, et al. Retinoic acid modulates lipid accumulation glucose concentration dependently through inverse regulation of SREBP-1 expression in 3T3L1 adipocytes. Genes Cells. 2017;22:568-582 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that RA suppresses and enhances lipid accumulation through extracellular glucose concentration-dependent modulation of SREBP-1 expression. ..
- Hudlicka O, Brown M, Cotter M, Smith M, Vrbova G. The effect of long-term stimulation of fast muscles on their blood flow, metabolism and ability to withstand fatigue. Pflugers Arch. 1977;369:141-9 pubmed..The latter also enables more efficient delivery of oxygen, and therefore smaller fatiguability, already after 4 days of chronic stimulation. ..
- Lu C, Ma J, Cai D. Increased HAGLR expression promotes non-small cell lung cancer proliferation and invasion via enhanced de novo lipogenesis. Tumour Biol. 2017;39:1010428317697574 pubmed publisher..Therefore, targeting HAGLR may be a possible therapeutic strategy for non-small cell lung cancer. ..
- Cuthbert C, Foster J, Ramdath D. A maternal high-fat, high-sucrose diet alters insulin sensitivity and expression of insulin signalling and lipid metabolism genes and proteins in male rat offspring: effect of folic acid supplementation. Br J Nutr. 2017;118:580-588 pubmed publisher..Maternal HFS diet alters offspring insulin sensitivity and de novo hepatic lipogenesis via altered gene and protein expression, which appears to be potentiated by folate supplementation...