Genomes and Genes
neuronal apoptosis inhibitory protein
Summary: An inhibitor of apoptosis protein that was initially identified during analysis of CHROMOSOME DELETIONS associated with SPINAL MUSCULAR ATROPHY. Naip contains a nucleotide binding oligomerization domain and a carboxy-terminal LEUCINE rich repeat.
- Herman M, Moche M, Flodin S, Welin M, Trésaugues L, Johansson I, et al. Structures of BIR domains from human NAIP and cIAP2. Acta Crystallogr Sect F Struct Biol Cryst Commun. 2009;65:1091-6 pubmed publisher..In addition to shedding light on the specificity determinants of these two proteins, the structures should now also provide a framework for future structure-based work targeting these proteins. ..
- Kang T, Lee G, Kim S, Jin S, Chae G. Comparison of two mice strains, A/J and C57BL/6, in caspase-1 activity and IL-1beta secretion of macrophage to Mycobacterium leprae infection. Mediators Inflamm. 2010;2010:708713 pubmed publisher..However, macrophages from A/J mice exhibited reduced caspase-1 activation and IL-1beta secretion compared to C57BL/6 macrophages. These results suggest that NLR family proteins may have a role in the innate immune response to M. leprae...
- Omrani O, Bonyadi M, Barzgar M. Molecular analysis of the SMN and NAIP genes in Iranian spinal muscular atrophy patients. Pediatr Int. 2009;51:193-6 pubmed publisher..The purpose of the present study was to determine the frequency of SMN and neuronal apoptosis inhibitory protein (NAIP) gene deletions in Iranian SMA patients...
- Rudinskiy N, Kaneko Y, Beesen A, Gokce O, Regulier E, Déglon N, et al. Diminished hippocalcin expression in Huntington's disease brain does not account for increased striatal neuron vulnerability as assessed in primary neurons. J Neurochem. 2009;111:460-72 pubmed publisher..Likewise, expression of hippocalcin together with interactor proteins including the neuronal apoptosis inhibitory protein did not increase the survival of striatal cells in cellular models of HD...
- Archer K, Ader F, Kobayashi K, Flavell R, Roy C. Cooperation between multiple microbial pattern recognition systems is important for host protection against the intracellular pathogen Legionella pneumophila. Infect Immun. 2010;78:2477-87 pubmed publisher..pneumophila and by recruiting to the site of infection additional phagocytes that eliminate extracellular bacteria. ..