Genomes and Genes
myo inositol 1 phosphate synthase
Summary: An enzyme that catalyzes the formation of myo-inositol-1-phosphate from glucose-6-phosphate in the presence of NAD. EC 220.127.116.11.
- Kudo F, Tsunoda T, Takashima M, Eguchi T. Five-Membered Cyclitol Phosphate Formation by a myo-Inositol Phosphate Synthase Orthologue in the Biosynthesis of the Carbocyclic Nucleoside Antibiotic Aristeromycin. Chembiochem. 2016;17:2143-2148 pubmed publisher..This provides insight into cyclitol phosphate synthase as a member of the MIPS family of enzymes. A biosynthetic pathway to aristeromycin is proposed based on bioinformatics analysis of the gene cluster. ..
- Chang H, Jesch S, Gaspar M, Henry S. Role of the unfolded protein response pathway in secretory stress and regulation of INO1 expression in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Genetics. 2004;168:1899-913 pubmed..Indeed, many of the Sec(-) mutants that had elevated UPR expression at semipermissive growth temperatures failed to achieve wild-type levels of INO1 expression under these same conditions. ..
- Kniewel R, Buglino J, Shen V, Chadha T, Beckwith A, Lima C. Structural analysis of Saccharomyces cerevisiae myo-inositol phosphate synthase. J Struct Funct Genomics. 2002;2:129-34 pubmed..The structure further reveals extensive interactions involved in tetrameric assembly of the enzyme complex. ..
- Jin X, Geiger J. Structures of NAD(+)- and NADH-bound 1-l-myo-inositol 1-phosphate synthase. Acta Crystallogr D Biol Crystallogr. 2003;59:1154-64 pubmed..A comparison of the yeast and mycobacterial enzymes shows a surprisingly large change in the relative orientation of the catalytic and Rossmann-fold domains in the two enzymes. ..
- Shirra M, Arndt K. Evidence for the involvement of the Glc7-Reg1 phosphatase and the Snf1-Snf4 kinase in the regulation of INO1 transcription in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Genetics. 1999;152:73-87 pubmed..Our data suggest that association of TBP with the TATA box may be regulated, directly or indirectly, by a substrate of Snf1. Analysis of INO1 transcription in various mutant strains suggests that this substrate is distinct from Opi1. ..
- Li Y, Chen Z, Li X, Zhang H, Huang Q, Zhang Y, et al. Inositol-1-phosphate synthetase mRNA as a new target for antisense inhibition of Mycobacterium tuberculosis. J Biotechnol. 2007;128:726-34 pubmed..This study demonstrates that the M. tuberculosis I-1-P synthase is a target for the development of novel antibiotics and PS-ODN to I-1-P synthase is a promising antimycobaterial candidate. ..
- GhoshDastidar K, Chatterjee A, Chatterjee A, Majumder A. Evolutionary divergence of L-myo-inositol 1-phosphate synthase: significance of a "core catalytic structure". Subcell Biochem. 2006;39:315-40 pubmed
- Morii H, Kiyonari S, Ishino Y, Koga Y. A novel biosynthetic pathway of archaetidyl-myo-inositol via archaetidyl-myo-inositol phosphate from CDP-archaeol and D-glucose 6-phosphate in methanoarchaeon Methanothermobacter thermautotrophicus cells. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:30766-74 pubmed publisher..This is the first report of the biosynthesis of ether-type inositol phospholipids in Archaea...
- Vigoder F, Parker D, Cook N, Tournière O, Sneddon T, Ritchie M. Inducing Cold-Sensitivity in the Frigophilic Fly Drosophila montana by RNAi. PLoS ONE. 2016;11:e0165724 pubmed publisher..Thus, our results demonstrate the involvement of Inos in increasing cold tolerance in D. montana. The potential mechanisms involved by which Inos increases cold tolerance are also discussed. ..
- Nikawa J, Nakano H, Ohi N. Structural and functional conservation of human and yeast HCP1 genes which can suppress the growth defect of the Saccharomyces cerevisiae ire15 mutant. Gene. 1996;171:107-11 pubmed..These results clearly indicate that the products of human and yeast HCP1 are structural and functional homologs, and are involved in expression of genes such as of IN01. ..
- Moon T, Yoon S, Lanza A, Roy Mayhew J, Prather K. Production of glucaric acid from a synthetic pathway in recombinant Escherichia coli. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2009;75:589-95 pubmed publisher..This represents a novel microbial system for the biological production of glucaric acid, a "top value-added chemical" from biomass. ..
- Chen H, Xiong L. myo-Inositol-1-phosphate synthase is required for polar auxin transport and organ development. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:24238-47 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate that MIPS1 is critical for maintaining phosphatidylinositol levels and affects pattern formation in plants likely through regulation of auxin distribution. ..
- Wang X, Lei G, Wu X, Wang F, Lai C, Li Z. Expression, purification and characterization of sll1981 protein from cyanobacterium Synechocystis sp. PCC6803. Protein Expr Purif. 2017;139:21-28 pubmed publisher..Therefore sll1981 was probably a key enzyme in completing the TCA cycle of Synechocystis sp. PCC6803. ..
- Chauvin T, Griswold M. Characterization of the expression and regulation of genes necessary for myo-inositol biosynthesis and transport in the seminiferous epithelium. Biol Reprod. 2004;70:744-51 pubmed..We postulate that this upregulation is a result of the capability of the Sertoli cell to sense and then react to a change in osmolarity by increasing the transport and production of the osmolyte myo-inositol...
- Jiranek V, Graves J, Henry S. Pleiotropic effects of the opi1 regulatory mutation of yeast: its effects on growth and on phospholipid and inositol metabolism. Microbiology. 1998;144 ( Pt 10):2739-48 pubmed..opi1 cells were also more salt tolerant than wild-type cells: they were partly resistant to shrinking, more rapidly resumed growth, and attained a higher culture density after upshift to medium supplemented with 8% NaCl. ..
- Rundlett S, Carmen A, Suka N, Turner B, Grunstein M. Transcriptional repression by UME6 involves deacetylation of lysine 5 of histone H4 by RPD3. Nature. 1998;392:831-5 pubmed..As increased acetylation of this residue is not merely a consequence of gene transcription, acetylation of this site may be essential for regulating gene activity. ..
- Phaiphinit S, Pattaradilokrat S, Lursinsap C, Plaimas K. In silico multiple-targets identification for heme detoxification in the human malaria parasite Plasmodium falciparum. Infect Genet Evol. 2016;37:237-44 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, the method has shown an effective and efficient way to identify target combinations which are obviously useful in the development of novel antimalarial drug combinations. ..
- Graves J, Henry S. Regulation of the yeast INO1 gene. The products of the INO2, INO4 and OPI1 regulatory genes are not required for repression in response to inositol. Genetics. 2000;154:1485-95 pubmed..Various models for Opi1p function were tested and no evidence for binding of Opi1p to UAS(INO), or to Ino2p or Ino4p, was obtained. ..
- Mishra S, Phukan U, Tripathi V, Singh D, Luqman S, Shukla R. PsAP2 an AP2/ERF family transcription factor from Papaver somniferum enhances abiotic and biotic stress tolerance in transgenic tobacco. Plant Mol Biol. 2015;89:173-86 pubmed publisher..somniferum. Taken together PsAP2 can directly bind and transcriptionally activate NtAOX1a and its overexpression in tobacco imparted increased tolerance towards both abiotic and biotic stress. ..
- Malanovic N, Streith I, Wolinski H, Rechberger G, Kohlwein S, Tehlivets O. S-adenosyl-L-homocysteine hydrolase, key enzyme of methylation metabolism, regulates phosphatidylcholine synthesis and triacylglycerol homeostasis in yeast: implications for homocysteine as a risk factor of atherosclerosis. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:23989-99 pubmed publisher..The addition of homocysteine, by the reversal of the Sah1-catalyzed reaction, also leads to TG accumulation in yeast, providing an attractive model for the role of homocysteine as a risk factor of atherosclerosis in humans. ..
- Ford J, Odeyale O, Shen C. Activator-dependent recruitment of SWI/SNF and INO80 during INO1 activation. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2008;373:602-6 pubmed publisher..In light of these findings, we proposed a model which describes the order of events in INO1 activation. ..
- Das Chatterjee A, Goswami L, Maitra S, Dastidar K, Ray S, Majumder A. Introgression of a novel salt-tolerant L-myo-inositol 1-phosphate synthase from Porteresia coarctata (Roxb.) Tateoka (PcINO1) confers salt tolerance to evolutionary diverse organisms. FEBS Lett. 2006;580:3980-8 pubmed
- Takaya T, Kasatani K, Noguchi S, Nikawa J. Functional analyses of immediate early gene ETR101 expressed in yeast. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2009;73:1653-60 pubmed..The E2F1 gene product (E2F1) is known to bind to and activate the ISYNA1 promoter. In a manner similar to E2F1, ETR101 binds to and activates the ISYNA1 promoter. ..
- Ahmed S, Brickner D, Light W, Cajigas I, McDonough M, Froyshteter A, et al. DNA zip codes control an ancient mechanism for gene targeting to the nuclear periphery. Nat Cell Biol. 2010;12:111-8 pubmed publisher..Finally, GRS I also functions as a DNA zip code in Schizosaccharomyces pombe, suggesting that this mechanism of targeting to the nuclear periphery has been conserved over approximately one billion years of evolution. ..
- Hoshizaki D, Hill J, Henry S. The Saccharomyces cerevisiae INO4 gene encodes a small, highly basic protein required for derepression of phospholipid biosynthetic enzymes. J Biol Chem. 1990;265:4736-45 pubmed
- Klig L, Homann M, Kohlwein S, Kelley M, Henry S, Carman G. Saccharomyces cerevisiae mutant with a partial defect in the synthesis of CDP-diacylglycerol and altered regulation of phospholipid biosynthesis. J Bacteriol. 1988;170:1878-86 pubmed..The cdg1 lesion also caused constitutive expression of inositol-1-phosphate synthase and elevated phosphatidylserine synthase. Phosphatidylinositol synthase was not affected in the cdg1 mutant. ..
- Schmoll M, Zeilinger S, Mach R, Kubicek C. Cloning of genes expressed early during cellulase induction in Hypocrea jecorina by a rapid subtraction hybridization approach. Fungal Genet Biol. 2004;41:877-87 pubmed..Their consistent response to additional inducing conditions (cellulose) confirms their interconnection with cellulase formation. ..
- Benaroya R, Zamski E, Tel Or E. L-Myo-inositol 1-phosphate synthase in the aquatic fern Azolla filiculoides. Plant Physiol Biochem. 2004;42:97-102 pubmed..These results indicated that accumulation of phytate in Azolla is a result of the intensified expression of INPS protein and mRNA, and its regulation may be primarily derived by the uptake of inorganic phosphate, and Zn2+, Cd2+ or NaCl. ..
- Szabolcs M, Francia I. Determination of the sedimentation coefficient and molecular weight of proteins by density gradient ultracentrifugation in fixed angle rotor. Acta Biochim Biophys Hung. 1989;24:245-58 pubmed..This curve for which the equation ln y = 2.022 ln x + 8.71 is valid can be used for the determination of molecular weights of globular or nearly globular proteins. ..
- Majumder A, Chatterjee A, Ghosh Dastidar K, Majee M. Diversification and evolution of L-myo-inositol 1-phosphate synthase. FEBS Lett. 2003;553:3-10 pubmed..However, conservation of a 'core catalytic structure' among the MIPS proteins implies an essential function of the enzyme in cellular metabolism throughout the biological kingdom. ..
- Jin X, Foley K, Geiger J. The structure of the 1L-myo-inositol-1-phosphate synthase-NAD+-2-deoxy-D-glucitol 6-(E)-vinylhomophosphonate complex demands a revision of the enzyme mechanism. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:13889-95 pubmed..There are several other conformational changes in NAD(+) and the enzyme active site as well. Based on the new structural data, we propose a new and completely different mechanism for MIP synthase. ..
- Yukawa M, Yo K, Hasegawa H, Ueno M, Tsuchiya E. The Rpd3/HDAC complex is present at the URS1 cis-element with hyperacetylated histone H3. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2009;73:378-84 pubmed..The biological significance of this phenomenon is discussed below. ..
- Abid G, Silue S, Muhovski Y, Jacquemin J, Toussaint A, Baudoin J. Role of myo-inositol phosphate synthase and sucrose synthase genes in plant seed development. Gene. 2009;439:1-10 pubmed publisher..They exhibit several isoforms that are essential for normal seed development. The possible role of both genes in seed development is discussed in this review. ..
- Nikawa J. A cDNA encoding the human transforming growth factor beta receptor suppresses the growth defect of a yeast mutant. Gene. 1994;149:367-72 pubmed..These results clearly indicate that these human genes function in yeast cells. It is also suggested that yeast possesses a signal transduction mechanism resembling the human TGF-beta-mediated signaling pathway. ..
- Abreu E, Aragão F. Isolation and characterization of a myo-inositol-1-phosphate synthase gene from yellow passion fruit (Passiflora edulis f. flavicarpa) expressed during seed development and environmental stress. Ann Bot. 2007;99:285-92 pubmed..flavicarpa seeds was characterized and an investigation made into its spatial and differential expression, as well as changes in its transcription during exposure of growing plants to cold and heat stresses...
- Alebous H, Cartee R, Vaccari D, Wright O, Ahmed A, Hood R, et al. Developmental control of inositol phosphate biosynthesis is altered in the brain of both curly and phenotypically normal straight tail mutant mice. Birth Defects Res A Clin Mol Teratol. 2009;85:822-7 pubmed publisher..These findings implicate a role for MIP in the maturation of the CNS and evoke a hypothesis regarding the regulation of inositol phosphate biosynthesis in brain development. ..
- Di Daniel E, Cheng L, Maycox P, Mudge A. The common inositol-reversible effect of mood stabilizers on neurons does not involve GSK3 inhibition, myo-inositol-1-phosphate synthase or the sodium-dependent myo-inositol transporters. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2006;32:27-36 pubmed..These results confirm that the common inositol-reversible effect of mood stabilizers on neurons does not involve GSK3 and further show that the effects are independent of MIP-synthase and SMIT transporters. ..
- Kaadige M, Lopes J. Analysis of Opi1p repressor mutants. Curr Genet. 2006;49:30-8 pubmed..A third mutation (L252F) resides in a region of Opi1p with no known function. ..
- Sreenivas A, Carman G. Phosphorylation of the yeast phospholipid synthesis regulatory protein Opi1p by protein kinase A. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:20673-80 pubmed..These data supported the conclusion that phosphorylation of Opi1p at Ser31 and Ser251 mediated the stimulation of the negative regulatory function of Opi1p on the expression of the INO1 gene. ..
- Chatterjee A, Majee M, Ghosh S, Majumder A. sll1722, an unassigned open reading frame of Synechocystis PCC 6803, codes for L-myo-inositol 1-phosphate synthase. Planta. 2004;218:989-98 pubmed..Comparison of the sll1722 sequences with other MIPS sequences and its phylogenetic analysis revealed that the Synechocystis MIPS gene is quite divergent from the others. ..
- Ghosh Dastidar K, Maitra S, Goswami L, Roy D, Das K, Majumder A. An insight into the molecular basis of salt tolerance of L-myo-inositol 1-P synthase (PcINO1) from Porteresia coarctata (Roxb.) Tateoka, a halophytic wild rice. Plant Physiol. 2006;140:1279-96 pubmed..It is conceivable that salt-tolerant MIPS proteins may be designed out of the salt-sensitive plant MIPS proteins by replacement of the corresponding amino acid stretch by the designated 37-amino acid stretch of PcINO1. ..
- Chatterjee A, Dastidar K, Maitra S, Das Chatterjee A, Dihazi H, Eschrich K, et al. sll1981, an acetolactate synthase homologue of Synechocystis sp. PCC6803, functions as L-myo-inositol 1-phosphate synthase. Planta. 2006;224:367-79 pubmed..It is probable that sll1981 may code for a bifunctional enzyme protein having conserved domains for both MIPS and acetolactate synthase (ALS) activities. ..
- Esposito M, Konarzewska P, Odeyale O, Shen C. Gene-wide histone acetylation at the yeast INO1 requires the transcriptional activator Ino2p. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2010;391:1285-90 pubmed publisher..Therefore, these observations constitute evidence for the molecular mechanism of the correlation between histone acetylation and INO1 activity. ..
- Ding D, Shi Y, Shaltiel G, Azab A, Pullumbi E, Campbell A, et al. Yeast bioassay for identification of inositol depleting compounds. World J Biol Psychiatry. 2009;10:893-9 pubmed publisher..Inositol depletion in yeast may be exploited as an easy and inexpensive screening test for potential new inositol depleting anti-bipolar drugs. ..
- Guan G, Dai P, Shechter I. cDNA cloning and gene expression analysis of human myo-inositol 1-phosphate synthase. Arch Biochem Biophys. 2003;417:251-9 pubmed..hIPS mRNA expression is 50% suppressed by 10mM lithium ion in these cells. Neither 5mM myo-inositol nor the three hormones: estrogen, thyroid hormone, and insulin altered hIPS mRNA expression in these cells. ..
- Donahue J, Alford S, Torabinejad J, Kerwin R, Nourbakhsh A, Ray W, et al. The Arabidopsis thaliana Myo-inositol 1-phosphate synthase1 gene is required for Myo-inositol synthesis and suppression of cell death. Plant Cell. 2010;22:888-903 pubmed publisher..Thus, MIPS1 has a significant impact on myo-inositol levels that is critical for maintaining levels of ascorbic acid, phosphatidylinositol, and ceramides that regulate growth, development, and cell death. ..
- Ray S, Patra B, Das Chatterjee A, Ganguli A, Majumder A. Identification and organization of chloroplastic and cytosolic L-myo-inositol 1-phosphate synthase coding gene(s) in Oryza sativa: comparison with the wild halophytic rice, Porteresia coarctata. Planta. 2010;231:1211-27 pubmed publisher..Nucleotide divergence among the different Oryza and Porteresia INO1 genes were calculated and compared. ..
- Shaldubina A, Ju S, Vaden D, Ding D, Belmaker R, Greenberg M. Epi-inositol regulates expression of the yeast INO1 gene encoding inositol-1-P synthase. Mol Psychiatry. 2002;7:174-80 pubmed
- Stein A, Geiger J. The crystal structure and mechanism of 1-L-myo-inositol- 1-phosphate synthase. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:9484-91 pubmed..Three helices and a long beta-strand are formed in this process. We postulate a mechanism for the conversion based on the structure of the inhibitor-bound complex. ..
- Movahedzadeh F, Williams A, Clark S, Hatch G, Smith D, Ten Bokum A, et al. Construction of a severely attenuated mutant of Mycobacterium tuberculosis for reducing risk to laboratory workers. Tuberculosis (Edinb). 2008;88:375-81 pubmed publisher..As the strain will grow in the presence of supplements, we propose that this strain could be used for research and antigen preparative purposes, with reduced risks to laboratory workers. ..
- Donahue T, Henry S. myo-Inositol-1-phosphate synthase. Characteristics of the enzyme and identification of its structural gene in yeast. J Biol Chem. 1981;256:7077-85 pubmed..Furthermore, it is shown that the Mr = 62,000 subunit is largely absent from crude extracts prepared from wild type yeast grown in the presence of repressing concentrations of inositol. ..
- Ju S, Greenberg M. Valproate disrupts regulation of inositol responsive genes and alters regulation of phospholipid biosynthesis. Mol Microbiol. 2003;49:1595-603 pubmed..Thus, in contrast to the effect of chronic VPA treatment, short-term exposure to VPA abrogated the normal response to inositol depletion of inositol responsive genes and led to aberrant synthesis of phospholipids. ..
- Majee M, Maitra S, Dastidar K, Pattnaik S, Chatterjee A, Hait N, et al. A novel salt-tolerant L-myo-inositol-1-phosphate synthase from Porteresia coarctata (Roxb.) Tateoka, a halophytic wild rice: molecular cloning, bacterial overexpression, characterization, and functional introgression into tobacco-conferring salt tole. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:28539-52 pubmed..MIPS protein isolated from PINO1 transgenics showed salt-tolerant property in vitro confirming functional expression in planta of the PINO1 gene. To our knowledge, this is the first report of a salt-tolerant MIPS from any source. ..
- Geiger J, Jin X. The structure and mechanism of myo-inositol-1-phosphate synthase. Subcell Biochem. 2006;39:157-80 pubmed..These include the structure of the enzyme from Saccharomyces cerevisiae, Archeoglobus fulgidus and Mycobacterium tuberculosis. ..
- Martin K, Smith T. The myo-inositol-1-phosphate synthase gene is essential in Trypanosoma brucei. Biochem Soc Trans. 2005;33:983-5 pubmed..brucei and that the de novo synthesized myo-inositol is used for the formation of PI and GPI anchors. ..
- Han G, Siniossoglou S, Carman G. The cellular functions of the yeast lipin homolog PAH1p are dependent on its phosphatidate phosphatase activity. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:37026-35 pubmed..These results demonstrated that the PAP1 activity of the PAH1 gene product is essential for its roles in lipid metabolism and cell physiology. ..
- Yukawa M, Katoh S, Miyakawa T, Tsuchiya E. Nps1/Sth1p, a component of an essential chromatin-remodeling complex of Saccharomyces cerevisiae, is required for the maximal expression of early meiotic genes. Genes Cells. 1999;4:99-110 pubmed..The impaired increase in NPS1 transcription led to inefficient sporulation. The results suggest that Nps1p/RSC is required for the activation of gene expression at the initiation of meiosis. ..
- Chen M, Hancock L, Lopes J. Transcriptional regulation of yeast phospholipid biosynthetic genes. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2007;1771:310-21 pubmed..Here, we have tried to present a complete summary of the transcription factors and mechanisms that regulate the phospholipid biosynthetic genes. ..
- Ilg T. Generation of myo-inositol-auxotrophic Leishmania mexicana mutants by targeted replacement of the myo-inositol-1-phosphate synthase gene. Mol Biochem Parasitol. 2002;120:151-6 pubmed
- Wei W, Dai X, Wang Y, Chuan Y, Gou C, Chen F. Cloning and expression analysis of 1 L-myo-inositol-1-phosphate synthase gene from Ricinus communis L. Z Naturforsch C. 2010;65:501-7 pubmed..Our findings suggest that MIPS plays an important role in the defensive mechanisms of R. communis against drought stress. ..
- Peterson C, Kruger W, Herskowitz I. A functional interaction between the C-terminal domain of RNA polymerase II and the negative regulator SIN1. Cell. 1991;64:1135-43 pubmed..The SWI1, SWI2, and SWI3 genes, whose products activate HO transcription by antagonizing SIN1, are also required for INO1 transcription and may assist the CTD. In addition, an intact CTD binds nonspecifically to DNA in vitro. ..
- Mitsuhashi N, Kondo M, Nakaune S, Ohnishi M, Hayashi M, Hara Nishimura I, et al. Localization of myo-inositol-1-phosphate synthase to the endosperm in developing seeds of Arabidopsis. J Exp Bot. 2008;59:3069-76 pubmed publisher..This suggests that a complex interaction between the endosperm and embryo occurs during the synthesis and subsequent accumulation of InsP(6) in developing seeds of Arabidopsis. ..
- Ford J, Odeyale O, Eskandar A, Kouba N, Shen C. A SWI/SNF- and INO80-dependent nucleosome movement at the INO1 promoter. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2007;361:974-9 pubmed..In light of these findings, we suggest that nucleosomes subject to local mobilization are also targets for local histone modifications. ..
- Chhetri D, Adhikari J, Mukherjee A. NAD+ mediated differential thermotolerance between chloroplastic and cytosolic L-myo-inositol-1-phosphate synthase from Diplopterygium glaucum (Thunb.) Nakai. Prep Biochem Biotechnol. 2006;36:307-19 pubmed..Added NAD+ increased the lower thermotolerance of the chloroplastic MIPS and the removal of 'built-in' NAD+ decreased the higher thermal stability of the cytosolic MIPS. ..
- Kottapalli K, Rakwal R, Shibato J, Burow G, Tissue D, Burke J, et al. Physiology and proteomics of the water-deficit stress response in three contrasting peanut genotypes. Plant Cell Environ. 2009;32:380-407 pubmed publisher..g. cell wall strengthening, signal transduction, energy metabolism, cellular detoxification and gene regulation) indicates that these molecules could affect the molecular mechanism of water-deficit stress tolerance in peanut. ..
- Lo W, Duggan L, Emre N, Belotserkovskya R, Lane W, Shiekhattar R, et al. Snf1--a histone kinase that works in concert with the histone acetyltransferase Gcn5 to regulate transcription. Science. 2001;293:1142-6 pubmed
- Seelan R, Parthasarathy L, Parthasarathy R. E2F1 regulation of the human myo-inositol 1-phosphate synthase (ISYNA1) gene promoter. Arch Biochem Biophys. 2004;431:95-106 pubmed..Because the -117 E2F motif is not a high-affinity binding site, we propose that the upregulation of ISYNA1 occurs through the cooperative interaction of several low-affinity E2F binding motifs present in the minimal promoter. ..
- Park S, Kim J. Characterization of recombinant Drosophila melanogaster myo-inositol-1-phosphate synthase expressed in Escherichia coli. J Microbiol. 2004;42:20-4 pubmed..The Michaelis (Km) and dissociation constants for glucose-6-phosphate were 3.5 and 3.7 mM, whereas for the cofactor NAD+ these were 0.42 and 0.4 mM, respectively. ..
- Tan Wong S, Wijayatilake H, Proudfoot N. Gene loops function to maintain transcriptional memory through interaction with the nuclear pore complex. Genes Dev. 2009;23:2610-24 pubmed publisher..We predict that gene loop conformations enhance gene expression by facilitating rapid transcriptional response to changing environmental conditions. ..
- Murphy A, Otto B, Brearley C, Carr J, Hanke D. A role for inositol hexakisphosphate in the maintenance of basal resistance to plant pathogens. Plant J. 2008;56:638-52 pubmed publisher..In contrast, mutant atips1 plants, which were also depleted in InsP6, were not compromised in resistance to pathogens, suggesting that a specific pool of InsP6 regulates defence against phytopathogens. ..
- Azab A, He Q, Ju S, Li G, Greenberg M. Glycogen synthase kinase-3 is required for optimal de novo synthesis of inositol. Mol Microbiol. 2007;63:1248-58 pubmed..These results demonstrate for the first time that GSK-3 is required for optimal myo-inositol-3 phosphate synthase activity and de novo inositol biosynthesis, and that loss of GSK-3 activity causes inositol depletion. ..
- Shirra M, Rogers S, Alexander D, Arndt K. The Snf1 protein kinase and Sit4 protein phosphatase have opposing functions in regulating TATA-binding protein association with the Saccharomyces cerevisiae INO1 promoter. Genetics. 2005;169:1957-72 pubmed..However, analysis of rapamycin-treated cells suggests that Sit4 represses INO1 transcription through multiple mechanisms, only one of which may involve inhibition of TOR signaling. ..