Genomes and Genes
carbon carbon double bond isomerases
Summary: Enzymes that catalyze the shifting of a carbon-carbon double bond from one position to another within the same molecule. EC 5.3.3.
Publications103 found, 100 shown here
- Lee P, Mijts B, Schmidt Dannert C. Investigation of factors influencing production of the monocyclic carotenoid torulene in metabolically engineered Escherichia coli. Appl Microbiol Biotechnol. 2004;65:538-46 pubmed..Lycopene was efficiently converted into torulene during aerobic cultures, indicating that the engineered torulene synthesis pathway is well coordinated, and maintains the functionality and integrity of the carotenogenic enzyme complex. ..
- Wouters J, Oudjama Y, Ghosh S, Stalon V, Droogmans L, Oldfield E. Structure and mechanism of action of isopentenylpyrophosphate-dimethylallylpyrophosphate isomerase. J Am Chem Soc. 2003;125:3198-9 pubmed..The inhibition of the enzyme by a wide variety of other potent inhibitors is also readily explained on the basis of the bromohydrin inhibitor structure. ..
- Kraut D, Sigala P, Pybus B, Liu C, Ringe D, Petsko G, et al. Testing electrostatic complementarity in enzyme catalysis: hydrogen bonding in the ketosteroid isomerase oxyanion hole. PLoS Biol. 2006;4:e99 pubmed
- Solis J, Singh R. Management of fatty acid oxidation disorders: a survey of current treatment strategies. J Am Diet Assoc. 2002;102:1800-3 pubmed
- Zeng J, Li D. Intrinsic isomerase activity of medium-chain acyl-CoA dehydrogenase. Biochemistry. 2005;44:6715-22 pubmed..This raises the question as to whether the dehydrogenase might function as an isomerase in vivo in conditions in which the activity of the isomerase is decreased. ..
- de Ruyck J, Durisotti V, Oudjama Y, Wouters J. Structural role for Tyr-104 in Escherichia coli isopentenyl-diphosphate isomerase: site-directed mutagenesis, enzymology, and protein crystallography. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:17864-9 pubmed..Crystallographic and thermal denaturation data for Y104A and Y104F mutants were obtained. Those data demonstrate the importance of residue Tyr-104 for proper folding of Escherichia coli type I IPP isomerase. ..
- Suk K, Kim Y, Hwang D, Ihm S, Yoo H, Lee M. Molecular cloning and expression of a novel human cDNA related to the diazepam binding inhibitor. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1999;1454:126-31 pubmed..Further studies are required to test whether or not DRS-1 is a new autoantigen in autoimmune diabetes. ..
- Poelarends G, Veetil V, Whitman C. The chemical versatility of the beta-alpha-beta fold: catalytic promiscuity and divergent evolution in the tautomerase superfamily. Cell Mol Life Sci. 2008;65:3606-18 pubmed publisher..The shared promiscuous activities provide evidence for divergent evolution from a common ancestor, give hints about mechanistic relationships, and implicate catalytic promiscuity in the emergence of new enzymes. ..
- Thompson J, Schaefer S, Madison J. Determination of aconitate isomerase in plants. Anal Biochem. 1990;184:39-47 pubmed..The method was tested by measuring aconitate isomerase in crude extracts of several higher plant species and tissues and these analyses showed that wheat and corn have more aconitate isomerase than the other species tested. ..
- Wouters J, Yin F, Song Y, Zhang Y, Oudjama Y, Stalon V, et al. A crystallographic investigation of phosphoantigen binding to isopentenyl pyrophosphate/dimethylallyl pyrophosphate isomerase. J Am Chem Soc. 2005;127:536-7 pubmed..In particular, both bromohydrin and epoxy phosphoantigens are potent, irreversible inhibitors of IPPI while HMBPP is only a weak inhibitor, ruling out an IPPI or IPPI-like target for HMBPP in gammadelta T cell activation. ..
- Shimura M, Hasumi A, Minato T, Hosono M, Miura Y, Mizutani S, et al. Isohumulones modulate blood lipid status through the activation of PPAR alpha. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2005;1736:51-60 pubmed..Thus, our results strongly suggest that IHE intake upregulates the expression of key genes that are involved in hepatic fatty acid oxidation, and that it ameliorates the blood lipid profile by activating PPARalpha. ..
- Wang Y, Qiu C, Zhang F, Guo B, Miao Z, Sun X, et al. Molecular cloning, expression profiling and functional analyses of a cDNA encoding isopentenyl diphosphate isomerase from Gossypium barbadense. Biosci Rep. 2009;29:111-9 pubmed publisher..The cloning and functional analysis of GbIPI will be useful in increasing understanding of the role of IPI in isoprenoid biosynthesis at the molecular level. ..
- Yoon S, Welsh W, Jung H, Yoo Y. CSSP2: an improved method for predicting contact-dependent secondary structure propensity. Comput Biol Chem. 2007;31:373-7 pubmed..The present method provides a simple and accurate tool for predicting sequence potential for secondary structure conversions without using 3D structural information. ..
- Aboushadi N, Engfelt W, Paton V, Krisans S. Role of peroxisomes in isoprenoid biosynthesis. J Histochem Cytochem. 1999;47:1127-32 pubmed..These data further support the proposal that peroxisomes play an essential role in isoprenoid biosynthesis. ..
- Oudjama Y, Durbecq V, Sainz G, Clantin B, Tricot C, Stalon V, et al. Preliminary structural studies of Escherichia coli isopentenyl diphosphate isomerase. Acta Crystallogr D Biol Crystallogr. 2001;57:287-8 pubmed..The protein was purified and crystallized by the hanging-drop vapour-diffusion method. Crystals display trigonal symmetry, with unit-cell parameters a = b = 71.3, c = 61.7 A, and diffract to 1.45 A resolution. ..
- Takagi M, Kuzuyama T, Seto H. [Overlooked targets for the development of antibacterial and antimalarial drugs and herbicides: diverse biosynthetic systems for the isoprene units]. Tanpakushitsu Kakusan Koso. 2002;47:58-65 pubmed
- Takahashi Y, Kushiro M, Shinohara K, Ide T. Activity and mRNA levels of enzymes involved in hepatic fatty acid synthesis and oxidation in mice fed conjugated linoleic acid. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2003;1631:265-73 pubmed..Both the activation of peroxisomal proliferator alpha and up-regulation of SREBP-1 may be responsible for this. ..
- Zheng W, Sun F, Bartlam M, Li X, Li R, Rao Z. The crystal structure of human isopentenyl diphosphate isomerase at 1.7 A resolution reveals its catalytic mechanism in isoprenoid biosynthesis. J Mol Biol. 2007;366:1447-58 pubmed..Comparison with Escherichia coli IPP isomerase reveals a novel substrate entrance in human IPP isomerase. ..
- Hubbard P, Yu W, Schulz H, KIM J. Domain swapping in the low-similarity isomerase/hydratase superfamily: the crystal structure of rat mitochondrial Delta3, Delta2-enoyl-CoA isomerase. Protein Sci. 2005;14:1545-55 pubmed
- Rothman S, Helm T, Poulter C. Kinetic and spectroscopic characterization of type II isopentenyl diphosphate isomerase from Thermus thermophilus: evidence for formation of substrate-induced flavin species. Biochemistry. 2007;46:5437-45 pubmed..Redox potentials of IPP-bound enzyme indicate that the neutral semiquinone state of the flavin is stabilized thermodynamically relative to free FMN in solution. ..
- de Ruyck J, Rothman S, Poulter C, Wouters J. Structure of Thermus thermophilus type 2 isopentenyl diphosphate isomerase inferred from crystallography and molecular dynamics. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2005;338:1515-8 pubmed..In contrast to previous studies, positions of flexible loops were obtained and carefully analyzed by molecular dynamics. Docking simulations find a unique putative binding site for the IPP substrate. ..
- Ghimire G, Lee H, Sohng J. Improved squalene production via modulation of the methylerythritol 4-phosphate pathway and heterologous expression of genes from Streptomyces peucetius ATCC 27952 in Escherichia coli. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2009;75:7291-3 pubmed publisher..1 mg/liter of squalene. This level was elevated to 11.8 mg/liter when there was also increased expression of dxs and idi, E. coli genes encoding 1-deoxy-d-xylulose 5-phosphate synthase and isopentenyl diphosphate isomerase. ..
- Sherman M, Petersen L, Poulter C. Isolation and characterization of isoprene mutants of Escherichia coli. J Bacteriol. 1989;171:3619-28 pubmed..In particular, the enzymes studied were isopentenyldiphosphate delta-isomerase (EC 188.8.131.52), farnesyldiphosphate synthetase (EC 184.108.40.206), and higher prenyl transferases. ..
- Katz B, Ollis D, Wyckoff H. Low resolution crystal structure of muconolactone isomerase. A decamer with a 5-fold symmetry axis. J Mol Biol. 1985;184:311-7 pubmed..The 7 A resolution crystal structure was solved by single isomorphous replacement followed by 10-fold symmetry averaging. The decameric enzyme has an uncommon non-crystallographic 5-fold symmetry axis and a large cavity in its center. ..
- Vesely M, Knoppová M, Nesvera J, Patek M. Analysis of catRABC operon for catechol degradation from phenol-degrading Rhodococcus erythropolis. Appl Microbiol Biotechnol. 2007;76:159-68 pubmed..erythropolis DeltacatR). Two different potential binding sites for the IclR-type regulator and a recognition site for the cyclic AMP receptor protein (CRP) were identified within the intergenic region between catR and catA. ..
- Aldrich T, Chakrabarty A. Transcriptional regulation, nucleotide sequence, and localization of the promoter of the catBC operon in Pseudomonas putida. J Bacteriol. 1988;170:1297-304 pubmed..The catBC promoter was compared with other positively regulated procaryotic promoters to identify possible consensus sequences...
- Rodríguez Concepción M, Campos N, María Lois L, Maldonado C, Hoeffler J, Grosdemange Billiard C, et al. Genetic evidence of branching in the isoprenoid pathway for the production of isopentenyl diphosphate and dimethylallyl diphosphate in Escherichia coli. FEBS Lett. 2000;473:328-32 pubmed..In addition, the IPP isomerase encoded by the idi gene was shown to be functional in vivo and to represent the only possibility for interconverting IPP and DMAPP in this bacterium. ..
- Roe D, Yang B, Vianey Saban C, Struys E, Sweetman L, Roe C. Differentiation of long-chain fatty acid oxidation disorders using alternative precursors and acylcarnitine profiling in fibroblasts. Mol Genet Metab. 2006;87:40-7 pubmed..These methods may be considered useful alternatives to specific enzyme assays for differentiation between these long-chain fatty acid oxidation disorders, as well as provide insight into new treatment strategies. ..
- Paton V, Shackelford J, Krisans S. Cloning and subcellular localization of hamster and rat isopentenyl diphosphate dimethylallyl diphosphate isomerase. A PTS1 motif targets the enzyme to peroxisomes. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:18945-50 pubmed..In addition, we also demonstrate that IPP isomerase is regulated at the mRNA level. ..
- Kao C, Kittleman W, Zhang H, Seto H, Liu H. Stereochemical analysis of isopentenyl diphosphate isomerase type II from Staphylococcus aureus using chemically synthesized (S)- and (R)-[2-2H]isopentenyl diphosphates. Org Lett. 2005;7:5677-80 pubmed..Our results show that the C-2 deprotonation of IPP by this enzyme is pro-R stereospecific, suggesting a similar stereochemical course as the type I enzyme. ..
- Geisbrecht B, Zhang D, Schulz H, Gould S. Characterization of PECI, a novel monofunctional Delta(3), Delta(2)-enoyl-CoA isomerase of mammalian peroxisomes. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:21797-803 pubmed..The potential roles for this monofunctional Delta(3),Delta(2)-enoyl-CoA isomerase in peroxisomal metabolism are discussed. ..
- Hiltunen J, Filppula S, Koivuranta K, Siivari K, Qin Y, Häyrinen H. Peroxisomal beta-oxidation and polyunsaturated fatty acids. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 1996;804:116-28 pubmed
- Kimura C, Mizugaki M, Yamanaka H, Fujino M, Morishima T. [2,4-Dienoyl-CoA reductases: from discovery toward pathophysiological significance]. Nihon Rinsho. 2004;62:1577-83 pubmed..Very recently a single amino acid substitution adjacent to the NADPH binding site has been reported in pigs, suggesting that single nucleotide polymorphism will also be found to occur in humans. ..
- Dutoit R, de Ruyck J, Durisotti V, Legrain C, Jacobs E, Wouters J. Overexpression, physicochemical characterization, and modeling of a hyperthermophilic pyrococcus furiosus type 2 IPP isomerase. Proteins. 2008;71:1699-707 pubmed..This could increase the number of salt bridges between monomers of IDI2 in P. furiosus enzyme and, hence, decrease flexibility of loops or N-terminal segment, thereby enhancing its thermal stability...
- Bartley G, Scolnik P, Beyer P. Two Arabidopsis thaliana carotene desaturases, phytoene desaturase and zeta-carotene desaturase, expressed in Escherichia coli, catalyze a poly-cis pathway to yield pro-lycopene. Eur J Biochem. 1999;259:396-403 pubmed
- van Beek E, Pieterman E, Cohen L, Lowik C, Papapoulos S. Farnesyl pyrophosphate synthase is the molecular target of nitrogen-containing bisphosphonates. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1999;264:108-11 pubmed..On the basis of these and our previous findings, we conclude that none of the enzymes up- or downstream of FPP synthase are affected by NBps, and FPP synthase is, therefore, the exclusive molecular target of NBp action. ..
- Moiseeva O, Belova O, Solyanikova I, Schlömann M, Golovleva L. Enzymes of a new modified ortho-pathway utilizing 2-chlorophenol in Rhodococcus opacus 1CP. Biochemistry (Mosc). 2001;66:548-55 pubmed..6, and temperature optimum of 40 degrees C. These results confirm the existence of a new modified ortho-pathway for utilization of 2-chlorophenol by R. opacus 1CP. ..
- Velarde M, Macieira S, Hilberg M, Bröker G, Tu S, Golding B, et al. Crystal structure and putative mechanism of 3-methylitaconate-delta-isomerase from Eubacterium barkeri. J Mol Biol. 2009;391:609-20 pubmed publisher..It has been proposed that the initial step in this enzyme is a protonation generating a tertiary carbocation intermediate. ..
- Mahlstedt S, Walsh C. Investigation of anticapsin biosynthesis reveals a four-enzyme pathway to tetrahydrotyrosine in Bacillus subtilis. Biochemistry. 2010;49:912-23 pubmed publisher..subtilis but is a recognized building block in cyanobacterial nonribosomal peptides such as micropeptins and aeruginopeptins...
- McCorkle G, Yeh W, Fletcher P, Ornston L. Repetitions in the NH2-terminal amino acid sequence of beta-ketoadipate enol-lactone hydrolase from Pseudomonas putida. J Biol Chem. 1980;255:6335-41 pubmed..Rather, the data favor the interpretation that copies of DNA were substituted into structural genes for the enzymes as they diverged. ..
- Luo M, Smeland T, Shoukry K, Schulz H. Delta 3,5, delta 2,4-dienoyl-CoA isomerase from rat liver mitochondria. Purification and characterization of a new enzyme involved in the beta-oxidation of unsaturated fatty acids. J Biol Chem. 1994;269:2384-8 pubmed..3.1.34) before reentering the beta-oxidation spiral. ..
- Hahn F, Hurlburt A, Poulter C. Escherichia coli open reading frame 696 is idi, a nonessential gene encoding isopentenyl diphosphate isomerase. J Bacteriol. 1999;181:4499-504 pubmed..The E. coli protein requires Mg(2+) or Mn(2+) for activity. The enzyme contains conserved cysteine and glutamate active-site residues found in other IPP isomerases. ..
- Cheng F, Oldfield E. Inhibition of isoprene biosynthesis pathway enzymes by phosphonates, bisphosphonates, and diphosphates. J Med Chem. 2004;47:5149-58 pubmed
- Goetzman E, Tian L, Wood P. Differential induction of genes in liver and brown adipose tissue regulated by peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-alpha during fasting and cold exposure in acyl-CoA dehydrogenase-deficient mice. Mol Genet Metab. 2005;84:39-47 pubmed..Moreover, mitochondrial fatty acid oxidation genes are not regulated by PPARalpha in brown adipose tissue as they are in liver. ..
- Martin P, Guillou H, Lasserre F, Dejean S, Lan A, Pascussi J, et al. Novel aspects of PPARalpha-mediated regulation of lipid and xenobiotic metabolism revealed through a nutrigenomic study. Hepatology. 2007;45:767-77 pubmed..Under such conditions, we established the role of PPARalpha as a dietary FA sensor and highlighted its importance in regulating hepatic FA content and composition. ..
- Patwa T, Wang Y, Simeone D, Lubman D. Enhanced detection of autoantibodies on protein microarrays using a modified protein digestion technique. J Proteome Res. 2008;7:2553-61 pubmed publisher..This new methodology may increase the sensitivity of microarray studies measuring autoantibodies in serum. ..
- Fessner W. Enzyme mediated C-C bond formation. Curr Opin Chem Biol. 1998;2:85-97 pubmed..This will have important implications for the future scope of practical applications, the first of which are currently being industrialized. ..
- Guardiola Diaz H, Rehnmark S, Usuda N, Albrektsen T, Feltkamp D, Gustafsson J, et al. Rat peroxisome proliferator-activated receptors and brown adipose tissue function during cold acclimatization. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:23368-77 pubmed
- Bergstrom J, Bostedor R, Masarachia P, Reszka A, Rodan G. Alendronate is a specific, nanomolar inhibitor of farnesyl diphosphate synthase. Arch Biochem Biophys. 2000;373:231-41 pubmed
- Halvorsen B, Rustan A, Madsen L, Reseland J, Berge R, Sletnes P, et al. Effects of long-chain monounsaturated and n-3 fatty acids on fatty acid oxidation and lipid composition in rats. Ann Nutr Metab. 2001;45:30-7 pubmed..In conclusion, monounsaturated fatty acids seemed to stimulate peroxisomal beta-oxidation and to increase plasma triacylglycerol, whereas the mitochondrial oxidation was slightly decreased. ..
- Zhang D, Liang X, He X, Alipui O, Yang S, Schulz H. Delta 3,5,delta 2,4-dienoyl-CoA isomerase is a multifunctional isomerase. A structural and mechanistic study. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:13622-7 pubmed
- Gurvitz A, Hamilton B, Ruis H, Hartig A, Hiltunen J. Degradation of conjugated linoleic acid isomers in the yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2001;1533:81-5 pubmed..Cells utilized efficiently trans-10,cis-12 CLA, but not the corresponding cis-9,trans-11 isomer, probably due to the formation of cis-3,trans-5-dienoyl-CoA intermediates that are recalcitrant to beta-oxidation. ..
- Rohdich F, Bacher A, Eisenreich W. Perspectives in anti-infective drug design. The late steps in the biosynthesis of the universal terpenoid precursors, isopentenyl diphosphate and dimethylallyl diphosphate. Bioorg Chem. 2004;32:292-308 pubmed..A hitherto unknown family of IPP isomerases using FMN as coenzyme has been discovered recently in Archaea and certain eubacteria. ..
- Barkley S, Desai S, Poulter C. Type II isopentenyl diphosphate isomerase from Synechocystis sp. strain PCC 6803. J Bacteriol. 2004;186:8156-8 pubmed..The homotetrameric enzyme required NADPH, flavin mononucleotide, and Mg(2+) for activity; K(m)(IPP) was 52 microM, and k(cat)(IPP) was 0.23 s(-1). ..
- Thibodeaux C, Mansoorabadi S, Kittleman W, Chang W, Liu H. Evidence for the involvement of acid/base chemistry in the reaction catalyzed by the type II isopentenyl diphosphate/dimethylallyl diphosphate isomerase from Staphylococcus aureus. Biochemistry. 2008;47:2547-58 pubmed publisher..Possible mechanisms for the IDI-2 catalyzed reaction are presented and discussed in terms of the available X-ray crystal structures. ..
- Gu L, Zhang G, Kombu R, Allen F, Kutz G, Brewer W, et al. Parenteral and enteral metabolism of anaplerotic triheptanoin in normal rats. II. Effects on lipolysis, glucose production, and liver acyl-CoA profile. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2010;298:E362-71 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that triheptanoin, administered either intravenously or intraduodenally, could be used for intensive care and nutritional support of metabolically decompensated long-chain fatty acid oxidation disorders. ..
- Muller Newen G, Stoffel W. Mitochondrial 3-2trans-Enoyl-CoA isomerase. Purification, cloning, expression, and mitochondrial import of the key enzyme of unsaturated fatty acid beta-oxidation. Biol Chem Hoppe Seyler. 1991;372:613-24 pubmed..coli. ..
- Katti S, Katz B, Wyckoff H. Crystal structure of muconolactone isomerase at 3.3 A resolution. J Mol Biol. 1989;205:557-71 pubmed..Molecular interactions between subunits are extensive. Each subunit contacts four neighbors and loses nearly 40% of its solvent contact area on oligomerization. ..
- Durbecq V, Sainz G, Oudjama Y, Clantin B, Bompard Gilles C, Tricot C, et al. Crystal structure of isopentenyl diphosphate:dimethylallyl diphosphate isomerase. EMBO J. 2001;20:1530-7 pubmed..W161 may stabilize the highly reactive carbocation generated during the reaction through quadrupole- charge interaction. ..
- Hamano Y, Dairi T, Yamamoto M, Kawasaki T, Kaneda K, Kuzuyama T, et al. Cloning of a gene cluster encoding enzymes responsible for the mevalonate pathway from a terpenoid-antibiotic-producing Streptomyces strain. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2001;65:1627-35 pubmed..coli. Among them, the recombinant GGDPS, MK, and IPP isomerase were confirmed to have the expected activities. This is the first report, to the best of our knowledge, about eubacterial MK with direct evidence. ..
- Li D, Wong C, Yu W, Li P. Cloning, expression, and purification of the functional Delta(3)-Delta(2)-enoyl-CoA isomerase fusion protein. Protein Expr Purif. 2002;26:35-41 pubmed
- Chegary M, te Brinke H, Doolaard M, IJlst L, Wijburg F, Wanders R, et al. Characterization of L-aminocarnitine, an inhibitor of fatty acid oxidation. Mol Genet Metab. 2008;93:403-10 pubmed..Therefore, we conclude that in intact cells L-AC inhibits CPT2. Combined with our observation that l-AC does not activate PPAR, we suggest that L-AC is useful to simulate a FAO defect in cells from different origin. ..
- Kilponen J, Häyrinen H, Rehn M, Hiltunen J. cDNA cloning and amino acid sequence of human mitochondrial delta 3 delta 2-enoyl-CoA isomerase: comparison of the human enzyme with its rat counterpart, mitochondrial short-chain isomerase. Biochem J. 1994;300 ( Pt 1):1-5 pubmed..Many basic amino acid residues in rat isomerase have been changed to acidic or neutral residues in human enzyme, explaining the differences observed between these proteins. ..
- Murphy M, Crocker J, Lee S, Acott P, Her H. Sequestration of coenzyme A by the industrial surfactant, Toximul MP8. A possible role in the inhibition of fatty-acid beta-oxidation in a surfactant/influenza B virus mouse model for acute hepatic encephalopathy. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1997;1361:103-13 pubmed..However, these do not fully explain the synergistic effect of the virus and chemical on beta-oxidation inhibition, which is a candidate co-mechanism for potentiation of mortality in this mouse model of AHE. ..
- Ide T, Kobayashi H, Ashakumary L, Rouyer I, Takahashi Y, Aoyama T, et al. Comparative effects of perilla and fish oils on the activity and gene expression of fatty acid oxidation enzymes in rat liver. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2000;1485:23-35 pubmed..Dietary perilla oil and fish oil therefore exert similar physiological activity in modulating hepatic fatty acid oxidation, but these dietary fats considerably differ in affecting fatty acid synthesis. ..
- Thompson K, Dunford J, Ebetino F, Rogers M. Identification of a bisphosphonate that inhibits isopentenyl diphosphate isomerase and farnesyl diphosphate synthase. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2002;290:869-73 pubmed
- Breitling R, Laubner D, Clizbe D, Adamski J, Krisans S. Isopentenyl-diphosphate isomerases in human and mouse: evolutionary analysis of a mammalian gene duplication. J Mol Evol. 2003;57:282-91 pubmed..The significant positive fitness effect of IDI2, revealed by the pattern of sequence conservation, as well as its specific expression pattern underscores the importance of the IDI gene duplication in mammals. ..
- Kovalyov L, Kovalyova M, Kovalyov P, Serebryakova M, Moshkovskii S, Shishkin S. Polymorphism of delta3,5-delta2,4-dienoyl-coenzyme A isomerase (the ECH1 gene product protein) in human striated muscle tissue. Biochemistry (Mosc). 2006;71:448-53 pubmed..The rates of these alleles in two representative cohorts of Moscow and Minsk residents are similar. ..
- Lee S, Poulter C. Escherichia coli type I isopentenyl diphosphate isomerase: structural and catalytic roles for divalent metals. J Am Chem Soc. 2006;128:11545-50 pubmed..72 equiv of Mg(2+), 0.92 equiv of Zn(2+), and 0.10 equiv of Mn(2+). These results are consistent with a structure in which Mg(2+) facilitates diphosphate binding and Zn(2+) or Mn(2+) occupies the hexacoordinate site. ..
- Yu W, Chu X, Deng G, Liu X, Chen G, Li D. Mutation of Lys242 allows Delta3-Delta2-enoyl-CoA isomerase to acquire enoyl-CoA hydratase activity. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2006;1760:1874-83 pubmed
- Ntamack A, Karpichev I, Gould S, Small G, Schulz H. Oleate beta-oxidation in yeast involves thioesterase but not Yor180c protein that is not a dienoyl-CoA isomerase. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2009;1791:371-8 pubmed publisher..These observations support the conclusion that the YOR180c gene does not encode dienoyl-CoA isomerase. ..
- Yang S, Schulz H. The large subunit of the fatty acid oxidation complex from Escherichia coli is a multifunctional polypeptide. Evidence for the existence of a fatty acid oxidation operon (fad AB) in Escherichia coli. J Biol Chem. 1983;258:9780-5 pubmed..Additionally, this study provides further evidence for the existence of a fatty acid oxidation (fad AB) operon that codes for the multienzyme complex of fatty acid oxidation and that is located at 85 min on the E. coli chromosome. ..
- Subramanya H, Roper D, Dauter Z, Dodson E, Davies G, Wilson K, et al. Enzymatic ketonization of 2-hydroxymuconate: specificity and mechanism investigated by the crystal structures of two isomerases. Biochemistry. 1996;35:792-802 pubmed..Finally, the molecular basis for substrate specificity in the two enzymes is discussed. ..
- van Beek E, Pieterman E, Cohen L, Lowik C, Papapoulos S. Nitrogen-containing bisphosphonates inhibit isopentenyl pyrophosphate isomerase/farnesyl pyrophosphate synthase activity with relative potencies corresponding to their antiresorptive potencies in vitro and in vivo. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1999;255:491-4 pubmed..Our study reveals for the first time the intracellular target of N-containing bisphosphonates and supports the view that all bisphosphonates do not share the same molecular mechanism of action. ..
- Gurvitz A, Hamilton B, Ruis H, Hartig A. Peroxisomal degradation of trans-unsaturated fatty acids in the yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:895-903 pubmed..We propose an amendment to the current scheme of the carbon flux through beta-oxidation taking into account the dispensability of beta-oxidation auxiliary enzymes for metabolizing trans double bonds at even-numbered positions. ..
- Nakamura A, Shimada H, Masuda T, Ohta H, Takamiya K. Two distinct isopentenyl diphosphate isomerases in cytosol and plastid are differentially induced by environmental stresses in tobacco. FEBS Lett. 2001;506:61-4 pubmed..Both IPI transcripts were increased in an abscisic acid-independent manner. This is the first report of a cytosolic IPI. The results indicated that two distinct IPIs were differentially induced in response to stress...
- Montelione G. Structural genomics: an approach to the protein folding problem. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2001;98:13488-9 pubmed
- Tame J, Namba K, Dodson E, Roper D. The crystal structure of HpcE, a bifunctional decarboxylase/isomerase with a multifunctional fold. Biochemistry. 2002;41:2982-9 pubmed..Key mutations within the active site apparently allow enzymes with this fold to carry out a variety chemical processes. ..
- Hogenboom S, Wanders R, Waterham H. Cholesterol biosynthesis is not defective in peroxisome biogenesis defective fibroblasts. Mol Genet Metab. 2003;80:290-5 pubmed..Our results imply that functional peroxisomes are not a prerequisite for the functioning of enzymes involved in cholesterol/isoprenoid biosynthesis and as such raise doubts about the true involvement of peroxisomes therein. ..
- Conti C. Refractory chronic stable angina--now what?. Clin Cardiol. 2004;27:375-6 pubmed
- Huang Y, Tian L, Sun Y, Pei Y. Two new compounds from marine Streptomyces sp. FX-58. J Asian Nat Prod Res. 2006;8:495-8 pubmed..FX-58, which was separated from a marine plant collected in Qingdao. Their structures were determined based on spectroscopic methods, especially 2D NMR spectral analysis. ..
- de Ruyck J, Oudjama Y, Wouters J. Monoclinic form of isopentenyl diphosphate isomerase: a case of polymorphism in biomolecular crystals. Acta Crystallogr Sect F Struct Biol Cryst Commun. 2008;64:239-42 pubmed publisher..After data collection from small thin needle-shaped crystals, a new monoclinic form of the studied protein was identified. In this article, the three crystal forms of IDI-1 (orthorhombic, monoclinic and trigonal) are compared. ..
- Ramos Valdivia A, van der Heijden R, Verpoorte R, Camara B. Purification and characterization of two isoforms of isopentenyl-diphosphate isomerase from elicitor-treated Cinchona robusta cells. Eur J Biochem. 1997;249:161-70 pubmed..robusta cells. Isoform II was specifically induced by elicitation, non-treated cells contained low activity of this isoform. The possible role of isopentenyl-POP isomerase in the biosynthesis of anthraquinones is discussed...
- Filppula S, Yagi A, Kilpeläinen S, Novikov D, Fitzpatrick D, Vihinen M, et al. Delta3,5-delta2,4-dienoyl-CoA isomerase from rat liver. Molecular characterization. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:349-55 pubmed..Transport of the protein into the mitochondria with cleavage of the targeting signal results in a mature mitochondrial form with a molecular mass of 32,000 Da; transport to peroxisomes yields a protein of 36,000 Da. ..
- Campbell M, Hahn F, Poulter C, Leustek T. Analysis of the isopentenyl diphosphate isomerase gene family from Arabidopsis thaliana. Plant Mol Biol. 1998;36:323-8 pubmed..thaliana. Based on northern analysis expression of both cDNAs occurs predominantly in roots of mature A. thaliana plants grown to the pre-flowering stage. ..
- Geisbrecht B, Schulz K, Nau K, Geraghty M, Schulz H, Erdmann R, et al. Preliminary characterization of Yor180Cp: identification of a novel peroxisomal protein of saccharomyces cerevisiae involved in fatty acid metabolism. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1999;260:28-34 pubmed..This result suggested that Yor180Cp might associate with Eci1p in vivo, and a Yor180Cp-Eci1p interaction was detected using the yeast two-hybrid system. Potential roles for Yor180Cp in peroxisomal fatty acid metabolism are discussed. ..
- Lagarde D, Beuf L, Vermaas W. Increased production of zeaxanthin and other pigments by application of genetic engineering techniques to Synechocystis sp. strain PCC 6803. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2000;66:64-72 pubmed..In this way, by a combination of overexpression and deletion of particular genes, the carotenoid content of cyanobacteria can be altered significantly. ..
- Klose D, Kölker S, Heinrich B, Prietsch V, Mayatepek E, Von Kries R, et al. Incidence and short-term outcome of children with symptomatic presentation of organic acid and fatty acid oxidation disorders in Germany. Pediatrics. 2002;110:1204-11 pubmed