Genomes and Genes
Summary: A family of structurally-related DNA helicases that play an essential role in the maintenance of genome integrity. RecQ helicases were originally discovered in E COLI and are highly conserved across both prokaryotic and eukaryotic organisms. Genetic mutations that result in loss of RecQ helicase activity gives rise to disorders that are associated with CANCER predisposition and premature aging.
- Di Marco S, Hasanova Z, Kanagaraj R, Chappidi N, Altmannova V, Menon S, et al. RECQ5 Helicase Cooperates with MUS81 Endonuclease in Processing Stalled Replication Forks at Common Fragile Sites during Mitosis. Mol Cell. 2017;66:658-671.e8 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that RECQ5 removes RAD51 filaments stabilizing stalled replication forks at CFSs and hence facilitates CFS cleavage by MUS81-EME1. ..
- ..describe the structure of the DNA-bound winged-helix domain from the Werner helicase. This structure of a RecQ/DNA complex offers insights into the DNA-unwinding mechanisms of RecQ family helicases. ..
- West S, Blanco M, Chan Y, Matos J, Sarbajna S, Wyatt H. Resolution of Recombination Intermediates: Mechanisms and Regulation. Cold Spring Harb Symp Quant Biol. 2015;80:103-9 pubmed publisher..The temporal regulation of the dissolution/resolution pathways is therefore critical for crossover avoidance while also ensuring that all covalent links between chromosomes are resolved before chromosome segregation. ..
- Guo X, Hum Y, Lehner K, Jinks Robertson S. Regulation of hetDNA Length during Mitotic Double-Strand Break Repair in Yeast. Mol Cell. 2017;67:539-549.e4 pubmed publisher..Data are most consistent with the extent of DNA synthesis from the invading end being the primary determinant of hetDNA length during SDSA. ..
- Sobinoff A, Allen J, Neumann A, Yang S, Walsh M, Henson J, et al. BLM and SLX4 play opposing roles in recombination-dependent replication at human telomeres. EMBO J. 2017;36:2907-2919 pubmed publisher..Our data are consistent with ALT being a conservative DNA replication process, analogous to break-induced replication, which is dependent on BTR and counteracted by SLX4 complex-mediated resolution events. ..
- Legerski R. The Pso4 complex splices into the DNA damage response. Cell Cycle. 2009;8:3448-9 pubmed
- Chan K, Hickson I. On the origins of ultra-fine anaphase bridges. Cell Cycle. 2009;8:3065-6 pubmed