Genomes and Genes
Summary: Peptide hydrolases that contain at the active site a SERINE residue involved in catalysis.
- Pokora M, Zambrowicz A, Zabłocka A, Dabrowska A, Szołtysik M, Babij K, et al. The use of serine protease from Yarrowia lipolytica yeast in the production of biopeptides from denatured egg white proteins. Acta Biochim Pol. 2017;64:245-253 pubmed publisher..The peptides, mainly derived from ovalbumin, were composed of 2-19 amino-acid residues. We have thus demonstrated a novel ability of serine protease from Y. lipolytica to release biopeptides from an EP by-product. ..
- SÃ¸rensen O, Clemmensen S, Dahl S, Ã˜stergaard O, Heegaard N, GlenthÃ¸j A, et al. Papillon-LefÃ¨vre syndrome patient reveals species-dependent requirements for neutrophil defenses. J Clin Invest. 2014;124:4539-48 pubmed publisher..results from mutations that inactivate cysteine protease cathepsin C (CTSC), which processes a variety of serine proteases considered essential for antimicrobial defense...
- Arya M, Srinivasan M, Rajasekharan R. Human alpha beta hydrolase domain containing protein 11 and its yeast homolog are lipid hydrolases. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;487:875-880 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our results demonstrate that human ABHD11 and its yeast homolog YGR031W have a pivotal role in the lipid metabolism. ..
- Li G, Zhou Q, Qiu L, Yao Q, Chen K, Tang Q, et al. Serine protease Bm-SP142 was differentially expressed in resistant and susceptible Bombyx mori strains, involving in the defence response to viral infection. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0175518 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, overexpression of Bm-SP142 in BmN cells inhibited viral propagation. ..
- Sarker S, Menanteau Ledouble S, Kotob M, El Matbouli M. A RNAi-based therapeutic proof of concept targets salmonid whirling disease in vivo. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0178687 pubmed publisher..We also observed long-term RNAi in T. tubifex. Together these results demonstrate a novel RNAi-based therapeutic proof of concept in vivo against salmonid whirling disease. ..
- Liu H, Wang L, Meng Z, Tang X, Li Y, Xia Q, et al. A clip domain serine protease involved in moulting in the silkworm, Bombyx mori: cloning, characterization, expression patterns and functional analysis. Insect Mol Biol. 2017;26:507-521 pubmed publisherClip domain serine proteases (CLIPs), characterized by one or more conserved clip domains, are essential components of extracellular signalling cascades in various biological processes, especially in innate immunity and the embryonic ..
- Guarino C, Hamon Y, Croix C, Lamort A, Dallet Choisy S, Marchand Adam S, et al. Prolonged pharmacological inhibition of cathepsin C results in elimination of neutrophil serine proteases. Biochem Pharmacol. 2017;131:52-67 pubmed publisher..Such a transitory inhibition of CatC might thus help to rebalance the protease load during chronic inflammatory diseases, which opens new perspectives for therapeutic applications in humans. ..
- Kushnir T, Mezuman S, Bar Cohen S, Lange R, Paroush Z, Helman A. Novel interplay between JNK and Egfr signaling in Drosophila dorsal closure. PLoS Genet. 2017;13:e1006860 pubmed publisher..Our results identify a new developmental role for Egfr signaling in regulating epithelial plasticity via crosstalk with the JNK pathway. ..
- Cao X, Gulati M, Jiang H. Serine protease-related proteins in the malaria mosquito, Anopheles gambiae. Insect Biochem Mol Biol. 2017;88:48-62 pubmed publisherInsect serine proteases (SPs) and serine protease homologs (SPHs) participate in digestion, defense, development, and other physiological processes. In mosquitoes, some clip-domain SPs and SPHs (i.e...
- Phumisantiphong U, Siripanichgon K, Reamtong O, Diraphat P. A novel bacteriocin from Enterococcus faecalis 478 exhibits a potent activity against vancomycin-resistant enterococci. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0186415 pubmed publisher..faecalis, gi|488296663 (NCBI database), which has never been reported as a bacteriocin. This study reported a novel bacteriocin with high antibacterial activity against VRE and MDRE. ..
- Kobayashi H, Otsubo T, Teraoka F, Ikeda K, Seike S, Takahashi E, et al. Involvement of the Arg566 residue of Aeromonas sobria serine protease in substrate specificity. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0186392 pubmed publisher..We therefore conclude that the Arg-566 residue of ASP is likely responsible for the selection of substrates. ..
- Ekchaweng K, Evangelisti E, Schornack S, Tian M, Churngchow N. The plant defense and pathogen counterdefense mediated by Hevea brasiliensis serine protease HbSPA and Phytophthora palmivora extracellular protease inhibitor PpEPI10. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0175795 pubmed publisher..To gain insights into the molecular function of H. brasiliensis subtilisin-like serine proteases, the HbSPA, HbSPB, and HbSPC genes were transiently expressed in Nicotiana benthamiana via agroinfiltration...
- Masuda Y, Yamaotsu N, Hirono S. Gibbs Free Energy of Hydrolytic Water Molecule in Acyl-Enzyme Intermediates of a Serine Protease: A Potential Application for Computer-Aided Discovery of Mechanism-Based Reversible Covalent Inhibitors. Chem Pharm Bull (Tokyo). 2017;65:889-892 pubmed publisher..Gibbs free energy of hydrolytic water molecule might be a useful descriptor for computer-aided discovery of mechanism-based reversible covalent inhibitors of hydrolytic enzymes...