Genomes and Genes
matrix metalloproteinase 2
Summary: A secreted endopeptidase homologous with INTERSTITIAL COLLAGENASE, but which possesses an additional fibronectin-like domain.
- Wu C, Zhang H, Fan C, Wu P, Wei Q, Cai Y, et al. [Expressions of inflammatory and fibrogenic factors in perinephric and subcutaneous adipose tissues of patients with adrenocorticotropic hormone-independent Cushing's syndrome]. Nan Fang Yi Ke Da Xue Xue Bao. 2016;37:563-566 pubmed
- Chiu J, Chen F, Tsai Y, Lin M, Tseng L, Shyr Y. Effects of Chinese medicinal herbs on expression of brain-derived Neurotrophic factor (BDNF) and its interaction with human breast cancer MDA-MB-231 cells and endothelial HUVECs. BMC Complement Altern Med. 2017;17:401 pubmed publisher..These findings provide important information that should help with the development of integrated medical therapies for breast cancer patients. ..
- Cao W, Hu N, Yuan Y, Cheng J, Guo X, Wang Y, et al. Effects of Tilianin on Proliferation, Migration and TGF-?/Smad Signaling in Rat Vascular Smooth Muscle Cells Induced with Angiotensin II. Phytother Res. 2017;31:1240-1248 pubmed publisher..The inhibitory effects of Tilianin support its use in the suppression and treatment of atherosclerosis. Copyright © 2017 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd. ..
- Bendeck M, Irvin C, Reidy M. Inhibition of matrix metalloproteinase activity inhibits smooth muscle cell migration but not neointimal thickening after arterial injury. Circ Res. 1996;78:38-43 pubmed..Thus, it appears that inhibiting SMC migration with MMP inhibitors is not sufficient to inhibit lesion growth, and lesion size eventually catches up to control via increased SMC replication. ..
- Zhang B, Cui X, Jin H, Hong L, Liu X, Li X, et al. Ginsenoside Re prevents angiotensin II-induced gap-junction remodeling by activation of PPAR? in isolated beating rat atria. Life Sci. 2017;190:36-45 pubmed publisher..Therefore, this study aimed to investigate the effect of G-Re on angiotensin II (Ang II)-induced downregulation of connexin-40 (CX40) and -43 (CX43) in beating rat left atria...
- Seltzer J, Lee A, Akers K, Sudbeck B, Southon E, Wayner E, et al. Activation of 72-kDa type IV collagenase/gelatinase by normal fibroblasts in collagen lattices is mediated by integrin receptors but is not related to lattice contraction. Exp Cell Res. 1994;213:365-74 pubmed
- Walter C, Crawford L, Lai M, Toonen J, Pan Y, Sakiyama Elbert S, et al. Increased Tissue Stiffness in Tumors from Mice with Neurofibromatosis-1 Optic Glioma. Biophys J. 2017;112:1535-1538 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these observations suggest a productive interplay between physical properties of mouse optic nerve gliomas and the extracellular matrix. ..
- Jakovljević K, Matić I, Stanojkovic T, Krivokuca A, Marković V, Joksović M, et al. Synthesis, antioxidant and antiproliferative activities of 1,3,4-thiadiazoles derived from phenolic acids. Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2017;27:3709-3715 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, compounds 3c, 3'c, 3'g and 3'h showed the ability to down-regulate the MMP2 and VEGFA expression levels in the treated HL-60 cells when compared with the control cell samples. ..
- Shen K, Hung J, Chang C, Weng Y, Wu M, Chen P. Solasodine inhibits invasion of human lung cancer cell through downregulation of miR-21 and MMPs expression. Chem Biol Interact. 2017;268:129-135 pubmed publisher..Solasodine also reduces PI3K/Akt signaling pathways and downregulates expression of miR-21. These findings demonstrate an attractive therapeutic potential for solasodine in lung cancer anti-metastatic therapy. ..
- Weekman E, Wilcock D. Matrix Metalloproteinase in Blood-Brain Barrier Breakdown in Dementia. J Alzheimers Dis. 2016;49:893-903 pubmed publisher..This review will focus on the roles of MMP2 and MMP9 in dementia, primarily post-stroke events that lead to dementia, cerebral amyloid angiopathy, and Alzheimer's disease. ..
- Deb S, Gottschall P. Increased production of matrix metalloproteinases in enriched astrocyte and mixed hippocampal cultures treated with beta-amyloid peptides. J Neurochem. 1996;66:1641-7 pubmed..In addition, both cultures express MMP-3 (stromelysin-1) in response to A beta peptides. These results suggest that MMPs may play a role in the development or progression of neuritic plaques, i.e., abnormal neurite outgrowth. ..
- Tocchetti C, Carpi A, Coppola C, Quintavalle C, Rea D, Campesan M, et al. Ranolazine protects from doxorubicin-induced oxidative stress and cardiac dysfunction. Eur J Heart Fail. 2014;16:358-66 pubmed..by elevations in atrial natriuretic peptide (ANP), BNP, connective tissue growth factor (CTGF), and matrix metalloproteinase 2 (MMP2) mRNAs, which were not elevated on co-treatment with ranolazine...
- Lin C, Zeng Y, Xiao M, Mei X, Shen L, Guo M, et al. The Relationship Between MMP-2 -1306C>T and MMP-9 -1562C>T Polymorphisms and the Risk and Prognosis of T-Cell Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia in a Chinese Population: A Case-Control Study. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2017;42:1458-1468 pubmed publisher..These results indicated that MMP-2 -1306C/T and MMP-9 -1562C/T polymorphisms might be associated with an increased risk of T-ALL. The MMP-9 -1562C>T polymorphism may also be related to the prognosis of T-ALL patients. ..
- Cheng M, Wong Y, Chang C, Yang C, Chen S, Yuan C, et al. B1, a novel HDAC inhibitor, induces apoptosis through the regulation of STAT3 and NF-?B. Int J Mol Med. 2017;39:1137-1148 pubmed publisher..The inhibition of the intricate crosstalk between STAT3 and NF-?B may be a major factor in the molecular action mechanism of B1. The multiple targeting effects of B1 render it a potential new drug for lung cancer therapy. ..
- Nan J, Guan S, Jin X, Jian Z, Linshan F, Jun G. Down-regulation of C-terminal binding protein 2 (CtBP2) inhibits proliferation, migration, and invasion of human SHSY5Y cells in vitro. Neurosci Lett. 2017;647:104-109 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that CtBP2 may be a potential target to suppress tumorigenesis in neuroblastoma. ..
- Power G, Moore Z, O CONNOR T. Measurement of pH, exudate composition and temperature in wound healing: a systematic review. J Wound Care. 2017;26:381-397 pubmed publisher..Further research is required to increase the strength of evidence and develop a greater understanding of wound healing dynamics. ..
- Fukai F. New Type of Antitumor Agent Targeting the Cell Adhesion Molecule, Integrin. Yakugaku Zasshi. 2017;137:137-139 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, an in vivo experiment using a mouse xenograft model shows that FNIII14 could be a promising target for preventing lung metastasis of melanoma. ..
- Wang S, Liu C, Liu X, He Y, Shen D, Luo Q, et al. Effects of matrix metalloproteinase inhibitor doxycycline and CD147 antagonist peptide-9 on gallbladder carcinoma cell lines. Tumour Biol. 2017;39:1010428317718192 pubmed publisher..This study provides new information and tries to implement the design of adjuvant therapy method for gallbladder carcinoma...
- Hsu J, Chang J, Chang K, Chang W, Chen B. Epidermal growth factor-induced pyruvate dehydrogenase kinase 1 expression enhances head and neck squamous cell carcinoma metastasis via up-regulation of fibronectin. FASEB J. 2017;31:4265-4276 pubmed publisher..Y., Chang, J.-Y., Chang, K.-Y., Chang, W.-C., Chen B.-K. Epidermal growth factor-induced pyruvate dehydrogenase kinase 1 expression enhances head and neck squamous cell carcinoma metastasis via up-regulation of fibronectin. ..
- Sahay P, Rao A, Padhy D, Sarangi S, Das G, Reddy M, et al. Functional Activity of Matrix Metalloproteinases 2 and 9 in Tears of Patients With Glaucoma. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2017;58:BIO106-BIO113 pubmed publisher..Decreased expression in advanced stages suggests exhaustion of the degradation response. ..
- Puzović V, Brcic I, Ranogajec I, Jakic Razumovic J. Prognostic values of ETS-1, MMP-2 and MMP-9 expression and co-expression in breast cancer patients. Neoplasma. 2014;61:439-46 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that expression of ETS-1 as well as MMP-2, MMP-9 and ETS-1 co-expression might be used as a poor prognostic factor in breast cancer patients. ..
- Kim H, Kim M. Effect of Agmatine Sulfate on Modulation of Matrix Metalloproteinases via PI3K/Akt-1 in HT1080 Cells. Anticancer Res. 2017;37:6303-6309 pubmed..The purpose of this study was to investigate the mechanism by which agmatine sulfate induces an anti-metastatic effect in human HT1080 fibrosarcoma cells, by affecting matrix metalloproteinases (MMPs)...
- Li P, Sun Y, Liu Q. MicroRNA-340 Induces Apoptosis and Inhibits Metastasis of Ovarian Cancer Cells by Inactivation of NF-x03BA;B1. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2016;38:1915-27 pubmed publisher..miR-340 induced cell apoptosis and inhibited metastasis in OC cells by down-regulation of NF-x03BA;B1. ..
- Hosseini F, Hassannia H, Mahdian Shakib A, Jadidi Niaragh F, Enderami S, Fattahi M, et al. Targeting of crosstalk between tumor and tumor microenvironment by ?-D mannuronic acid (M2000) in murine breast cancer model. Cancer Med. 2017;6:640-650 pubmed publisher..Our data imply the use of BDM therapy in future clinical trials to open a new horizon for breast cancer therapy. ..
- Sabbatini A, Barbaro N, de Faria A, Ritter A, Modolo R, Corrêa N, et al. Matrix metalloproteinase-2 -735C/T polymorphism is associated with resistant hypertension in a specialized outpatient clinic in Brazil. Gene. 2017;620:23-29 pubmed publisher..Genetic polymorphisms in matrix metalloproteinase 2 (MMP-2) gene [-1575G/A (rs243866); -1306C/T (rs243865); and -735C/T (rs2285053)] are associated with ..
- Matoba R, Morizane Y, Shiode Y, Hirano M, Doi S, Toshima S, et al. Suppressive effect of AMP-activated protein kinase on the epithelial-mesenchymal transition in retinal pigment epithelial cells. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0181481 pubmed publisher..AMPK is a potential target molecule for the prevention and treatment of PVR, so AICAR may be a promising candidate for PVR therapy. ..
- Morin C, Hiram R, Rousseau E, Blier P, Fortin S. Docosapentaenoic acid monoacylglyceride reduces inflammation and vascular remodeling in experimental pulmonary hypertension. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2014;307:H574-86 pubmed..Altogether, these data provide new evidence regarding the mode of action of MAG-DPA in the prevention of pulmonary hypertension induced by MCT. ..
- Guo L, Li D, Li M, Li L, Huang Y. Variant in GALNT3 Gene Linked with Reduced Coronary Artery Disease Risk in Chinese Population. DNA Cell Biol. 2017;36:529-534 pubmed publisher..These results confirmed the role of GALNT3 gene in CAD and provided new insights into the genetic regulation of the GALNT3 gene with respect to the pathogenesis of CAD. ..
- Shih Y, Chou H, Chou H, Lu H, Chu Y, Shang H, et al. Casticin impairs cell migration and invasion of mouse melanoma B16F10 cells via PI3K/AKT and NF-?B signaling pathways. Environ Toxicol. 2017;32:2097-2112 pubmed publisher..Based on those observations, we suggest that casticin could be used as a novel anticancer metastasis of melanoma cancer in the future. ..
- Han Y, Mao X, Wang L, Liu J, Wang D, Cheng H, et al. Increased Levels of Soluble Cluster of Differentiation 40 Ligand, Matrix Metalloproteinase 9, and Matrix Metalloproteinase 2 Are Associated with Carotid Plaque Vulnerability in Patients with Ischemic Cerebrovascular Disease. World Neurosurg. 2017;105:709-713 pubmed publisher..Serum levels of sCD40L and MMP-9 are associated with the stability of carotid plaques. Higher levels of serum sCD40L and MMP-9 may suggest that the plaques are vulnerable or have ruptured. ..
- Chen G, Yue Y, Qin J, Xiao X, Ren Q, Xiao B. Plumbagin suppresses the migration and invasion of glioma cells via downregulation of MMP-2/9 expression and inaction of PI3K/Akt signaling pathway in vitro. J Pharmacol Sci. 2017;134:59-67 pubmed publisher..Thus, plumbagin might be a potential anti-invasive agent in the treatment of glioma. ..
- Hu Y, Li Y, Wu C, Zhou L, Han X, Wang Q, et al. MicroRNA-140-5p inhibits cell proliferation and invasion by regulating VEGFA/MMP2 signaling in glioma. Tumour Biol. 2017;39:1010428317697558 pubmed publisher..These findings suggested that miR-140-5p inhibited glioma proliferation and invasion by regulating the vascular endothelial growth factor A/matrix metalloproteinase-2 signaling pathway both in vitro and in vivo. ..
- Wani N, Nasser M, Ahirwar D, Zhao H, Miao Z, Shilo K, et al. C-X-C motif chemokine 12/C-X-C chemokine receptor type 7 signaling regulates breast cancer growth and metastasis by modulating the tumor microenvironment. Breast Cancer Res. 2014;16:R54 pubmed publisher..These studies indicate that new strategies using CXCR7 inhibitors could be developed for antimetastatic therapy. ..
- Sun C, Feng S, Cao Z, Bei J, Chen Q, Zhao W, et al. Up-Regulated Expression of Matrix Metalloproteinases in Endothelial Cells Mediates Platelet Microvesicle-Induced Angiogenesis. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2017;41:2319-2332 pubmed publisher..The findings of our study indicate that PMVs promote angiogenesis by up-regulating MMP expression in ECs via mechanism extending beyond the direct delivery of angiogenic factors. ..
- Zheng Y, Miu Y, Yang X, Yang X, Zhu M. CCR7 Mediates TGF-?1-Induced Human Malignant Glioma Invasion, Migration, and Epithelial-Mesenchymal Transition by Activating MMP2/9 Through the Nuclear Factor KappaB Signaling Pathway. DNA Cell Biol. 2017;36:853-861 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, CCR7 was shown to mediate TGF-?1-induced glioma cancer cell migration by activating matrix metalloproteinase 2 (MMP2)/9...
- Fechtner S, Singh A, Chourasia M, Ahmed S. Molecular insights into the differences in anti-inflammatory activities of green tea catechins on IL-1β signaling in rheumatoid arthritis synovial fibroblasts. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2017;329:112-120 pubmed publisher..Therefore, varying EC content in green tea may reduce the anti-inflammatory effects of other potential catechins in green tea. ..
- Li Y, Run L, Shi T, Zhang Y. CTRP9 regulates hypoxia-mediated human pulmonary artery smooth muscle cell proliferation, apoptosis and migration via TGF-?1/ERK1/2 signaling pathway. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;490:1319-1325 pubmed publisher..Our study, for the first time, established that CTRP9 plays a protective role of CTRP9 in pulmonary vascular remodeling, pointing to its potential clinical value for patients with PAH. ..
- Karabencheva Christova T, Christov C, Fields G. Collagenolytic Matrix Metalloproteinase Structure-Function Relationships: Insights From Molecular Dynamics Studies. Adv Protein Chem Struct Biol. 2017;109:1-24 pubmed publisher..Ultimately, the MD simulation studies have complemented structural (NMR spectroscopy, X-ray crystallography) and kinetic analyses to provide a more detailed mechanistic view of MMP-catalyzed collagenolysis. ..
- Kugo H, Zaima N, Onozato M, Miyamoto C, Hashimoto K, Yanagimoto K, et al. Suppressive effects of dietary EPA-rich fish oil on the degradation of elastin fibers in the aortic wall in nicotine-administered mice. Food Funct. 2017;8:2829-2835 pubmed publisher..By suppressing the nicotine induced weakening of the vascular wall, fish oil might help prevent the development of AAA. ..
- Duran G, Wang Y, Moisan F, Francisco E, Sikic B. Decreased levels of baseline and drug-induced tubulin polymerisation are hallmarks of resistance to taxanes in ovarian cancer cells and are associated with epithelial-to-mesenchymal transition. Br J Cancer. 2017;116:1318-1328 pubmed publisher..These alterations may serve as biomarkers for predicting taxane effectiveness in ovarian cancer and should be considered as therapeutic targets. ..
- Chevallay B, Abdul Malak N, Herbage D. Mouse fibroblasts in long-term culture within collagen three-dimensional scaffolds: influence of crosslinking with diphenylphosphorylazide on matrix reorganization, growth, and biosynthetic and proteolytic activities. J Biomed Mater Res. 2000;49:448-59 pubmed
- Peeters S, Engelen L, Buijs J, Chaturvedi N, Fuller J, Schalkwijk C, et al. Plasma levels of matrix metalloproteinase-2, -3, -10, and tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase-1 are associated with vascular complications in patients with type 1 diabetes: the EURODIAB Prospective Complications Study. Cardiovasc Diabetol. 2015;14:31 pubmed publisher..These data support the hypothesis that impaired regulation of matrix remodeling by actions of MMP-2, -3 and-10 and TIMP-1 contributes to the pathogenesis of vascular complications in type 1 diabetes. ..
- Ricci S, Grandgirard D, Wenzel M, Braccini T, Salvatore P, Oggioni M, et al. Inhibition of matrix metalloproteinases attenuates brain damage in experimental meningococcal meningitis. BMC Infect Dis. 2014;14:726 pubmed publisher..MMPs significantly contribute to brain damage associated with experimental MM. Inhibition of MMPs reduces intracranial complications in mice suffering from MM, representing a potential adjuvant strategy in MM post-infection sequelae. ..
- Zheng X, Ning C, Dong Y, Zhao P, Li J, Fan Z, et al. Quantitative proteome analysis of bovine mammary gland reveals protein dynamic changes involved in peak and late lactation stages. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;494:292-297 pubmed publisher..We expect findings in this study could be a valuable resource for future studies investigating the bovine proteome and functional studies...
- Miao T, Wan Z, Sun L, Li X, Xing L, Bai Y, et al. Extracellular matrix remodeling and matrix metalloproteinases (ajMMP-2 like and ajMMP-16 like) characterization during intestine regeneration of sea cucumber Apostichopus japonicus. Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol. 2017;212:12-23 pubmed publisher..This work provides new evidence of ECM and MMPs involvement in sea cucumber regeneration. ..