matrix metalloproteinase 8
Summary: A member of the MATRIX METALLOPROTEINASES that cleaves triple-helical COLLAGEN types I, II, and III.
- Dwivedi M, Bhagat A, Srivastava R, Jain A, Baghel K, Raj S. Expression of MMP-8 in Pressure Injuries in Spinal Cord Injury Patients Managed by Negative Pressure Wound Therapy or Conventional Wound Care: A Randomized Controlled Trial. J Wound Ostomy Continence Nurs. 2017;44:343-349 pubmed publisher..The novel NPWT device used in this study reduced exudate production and enhanced the rate of formation of red granulation tissue. ..
- Shen T, Hsia T, Chao C, Chen W, Chen C, Chen W, et al. The Contribution of MMP-8 Promoter Polymorphisms in Lung Cancer. Anticancer Res. 2017;37:3563-3567 pubmed..The polymorphisms MMP-8 C-799T, Val436Ala and Lys460Thr may not play a major role in mediating personal susceptibility to lung cancer in Taiwan. ..
- Karabencheva Christova T, Christov C, Fields G. Collagenolytic Matrix Metalloproteinase Structure-Function Relationships: Insights From Molecular Dynamics Studies. Adv Protein Chem Struct Biol. 2017;109:1-24 pubmed publisher..Ultimately, the MD simulation studies have complemented structural (NMR spectroscopy, X-ray crystallography) and kinetic analyses to provide a more detailed mechanistic view of MMP-catalyzed collagenolysis. ..
- Wong H, Cvijanovich N, Anas N, Allen G, Thomas N, Bigham M, et al. Improved Risk Stratification in Pediatric Septic Shock Using Both Protein and mRNA Biomarkers. PERSEVERE-XP. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2017;196:494-501 pubmed publisher..PERSEVERE-XP significantly improves on PERSEVERE and suggests a role for TP53-related cellular division, repair, and metabolism in the pathophysiology of septic shock. ..
- Aström P, Juurikka K, Hadler Olsen E, Svineng G, Cervigne N, Coletta R, et al. The interplay of matrix metalloproteinase-8, transforming growth factor-?1 and vascular endothelial growth factor-C cooperatively contributes to the aggressiveness of oral tongue squamous cell carcinoma. Br J Cancer. 2017;117:1007-1016 pubmed publisher..Together, low MMP-8 and high VEGF-C expression have strong independent prognostic value in OTSCC. ..
- Caria C, Gotardo E, Santos P, Acedo S, de Morais T, Ribeiro M, et al. Extracellular matrix remodeling and matrix metalloproteinase inhibition in visceral adipose during weight cycling in mice. Exp Cell Res. 2017;359:431-440 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that MMPs inhibition could be an interesting target to improve adipose tissue inflammation during WL and to support weight cyclers. ..