Genomes and Genes
matrix metalloproteinase 13
Summary: A secreted matrix metalloproteinase that plays a physiological role in the degradation of extracellular matrix found in skeletal tissues. It is synthesized as an inactive precursor that is activated by the proteolytic cleavage of its N-terminal propeptide.
- Park S, Jin Y, Park Y, Yeon S, Xu J, Han R, et al. IL-25-induced activation of nasal fibroblast and its association with the remodeling of chronic rhinosinusitis with nasal polyposis. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0181806 pubmed publisher..in NPDFs and increased expression of IL-25 were also involved in the pathogenesis of nasal polyposis by affecting nasal fibroblasts in chronic rhinosinusitis with nasal polyps. ..
- Liu Y, Zhu H, Yan X, Gu H, Gu Z, Liu F. Endoplasmic reticulum stress participates in the progress of senescence and apoptosis of osteoarthritis chondrocytes. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;491:368-373 pubmed publisher..These results help us to open new perspectives for the development of molecular-targeted treatment approaches and thus present an effective novel therapeutic approach for OA. ..
- Choi J, Fuerst R, Knapinska A, Taylor A, Smith L, Cao X, et al. Structure-Based Design and Synthesis of Potent and Selective Matrix Metalloproteinase 13 Inhibitors. J Med Chem. 2017;60:5816-5825 pubmed publisher..and structure-guided molecular design to develop potent and selective inhibitors (10d and (S)-17b) of matrix metalloproteinase 13 (MMP-13)...
- Hsu Y, Yang Y, Huwang M, Weng Y, Jou I, Wu P, et al. Anti-IL-20 monoclonal antibody inhibited inflammation and protected against cartilage destruction in murine models of osteoarthritis. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0175802 pubmed publisher..7E reduced the severity of arthritis in murine models of surgery-induced OA. Our findings provide evidence that IL-20 is a novel target and that 7E is a potential therapeutic agent for OA. ..
- Ren H, Zhang C, Liu R, Li N, Li X, Xue H, et al. Primary cultures of mouse small intestinal epithelial cells using the dissociating enzyme type I collagenase and hyaluronidase. Braz J Med Biol Res. 2017;50:e5831 pubmed publisher..This culture system can be a beneficial in vitro model for studies on mucosal immunology and toxicology. ..
- Yamamoto K, Santamaria S, Botkjaer K, Dudhia J, Troeberg L, Itoh Y, et al. Inhibition of Shedding of Low-Density Lipoprotein Receptor-Related Protein 1 Reverses Cartilage Matrix Degradation in Osteoarthritis. Arthritis Rheumatol. 2017;69:1246-1256 pubmed publisherThe aggrecanase ADAMTS-5 and the collagenase matrix metalloproteinase 13 (MMP-13) are constitutively secreted by chondrocytes in normal cartilage, but rapidly endocytosed via the cell surface endocytic receptor low-density lipoprotein ..
- Young I, Chuang S, Hsu C, Sun Y, Liu H, Chen Y, et al. Protective effects of aucubin on osteoarthritic chondrocyte model induced by hydrogen peroxide and mechanical stimulus. BMC Complement Altern Med. 2017;17:91 pubmed publisher..These results indicated that aucubin has protective effects in an osteoarthritic chondrocyte model induced by H2O2 and mechanical stimulus. ..
- D ANGELO M, Yan Z, Nooreyazdan M, Pacifici M, Sarment D, Billings P, et al. MMP-13 is induced during chondrocyte hypertrophy. J Cell Biochem. 2000;77:678-93 pubmed..These results suggest that MMP-13 is activated by MMP-2 during chondrocyte maturation, and that the combination of both proteinases is required to prepare cartilage matrix for subsequent calcification, before endochondral ossification. ..
- Sato K, Mera H, Wakitani S, Takagi M. Effect of epigallocatechin-3-gallate on the increase in type II collagen accumulation in cartilage-like MSC sheets. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2017;81:1241-1245 pubmed publisher..Taken together, EGCG may enhance the accumulation of type II collagen by suppressing type II collagen degradation. ..
- He J, Zhang J, Wang D. Down-regulation of microRNA-216b inhibits IL-1Î²-induced chondrocyte injury by up-regulation of Smad3. Biosci Rep. 2017;37: pubmed publisher..Our results suggested that miR-216b contributes to progression of OA by directly targeting Smad3, providing a potential therapeutic target for treatment of OA. ..
- Choi E, Lee J, Baek S, Kim S. Gene expression profile altered by orthodontic tooth movement during healing of surgical alveolar defect. Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop. 2017;151:1107-1115 pubmed publisher..It would be a basis on selecting putative genes to be therapeutically applied for tissue-friendly accelerated orthodontics in the future. ..
- Hua W, Wu X, Zhang Y, Song Y, Tu J, Kang L, et al. Dysregulated miR-127-5p contributes to type II collagen degradation by targeting matrix metalloproteinase-13 in human intervertebral disc degeneration. Biochimie. 2017;139:74-80 pubmed publisher..Dysregulated miR-127-5p contributed to the degradation of type II collagen by targeting MMP-13 in human IDD. Our findings highlight that miR-127-5p may serve as a new therapeutic target in IDD. ..
- Singh A, Rajasekaran N, Hartenstein B, Szabowski S, Gajda M, Angel P, et al. Collagenase-3 (MMP-13) deficiency protects C57BL/6 mice from antibody-induced arthritis. Arthritis Res Ther. 2013;15:R222 pubmed..MMP-13 deficiency acts to suppress the local inflammatory responses. Therefore, MMP-13 has a role in the pathogenesis of arthritis, suggesting MMP-13 is a potential therapeutic target. ..
- Shlopov B, Lie W, Mainardi C, Cole A, Chubinskaya S, Hasty K. Osteoarthritic lesions: involvement of three different collagenases. Arthritis Rheum. 1997;40:2065-74 pubmed..Retinoic acid, an agent which induces autodigestion of cartilage in vitro, stimulated only the expression of MMP-13. These findings suggest a key role of MMP-13 and MMP-8, as well as MMP-1 in osteoarthritis. ..
- Tian X, Zhao C, Guo J, Xie S, Yin F, Huo X, et al. Carvedilol Attenuates the Progression of Hepatic Fibrosis Induced by Bile Duct Ligation. Biomed Res Int. 2017;2017:4612769 pubmed publisher..i>Conclusions. The study indicates that carvedilol attenuated hepatic fibrosis in a dose-dependent manner. It can decrease collagen accumulation and HSCs activation by the amelioration of oxidative stress. ..
- Elayyan J, Lee E, Gabay O, Smith C, Qiq O, Reich E, et al. LEF1-mediated MMP13 gene expression is repressed by SIRT1 in human chondrocytes. FASEB J. 2017;31:3116-3125 pubmed publisher..Elayyan, J., Lee, E.-J., Gabay, O., Smith, C. A., Qiq, O., Reich, E., Mobasheri, A., Henrotin, Y., Kimber, S. J., Dvir-Ginzberg, M. LEF1-mediated MMP13 gene expression is repressed by SIRT1 in human chondrocytes. ..
- Huang W, Ao P, Li J, Wu T, Xu L, Deng Z, et al. Autophagy Protects Advanced Glycation End Product-Induced Apoptosis and Expression of MMP-3 and MMP-13 in Rat Chondrocytes. Biomed Res Int. 2017;2017:6341919 pubmed publisher..We therefore demonstrated that autophagy is linked with AGE-related pathology in rat chondrocytes and plays a protective role in AGE-induced apoptosis and expression of MMP-3 and MMP-13. ..