Genomes and Genes
Summary: A disintegrin and metalloproteinase domain-containing protein that cleaves the membrane-bound precursor of TUMOR NECROSIS FACTOR-ALPHA to its mature form. It cleaves several other CELL SURFACE PROTEINS, including INTERLEUKIN-1 RECEPTOR TYPE II; TRANSFORMING GROWTH FACTOR ALPHA; L-SELECTIN; MUCIN-1; and AMYLOID BETA-PROTEIN PRECURSOR. It can also function as an activator of the Notch signaling pathway by mediating the cleavage of NOTCH RECEPTORS.
- Pham D, Kim J, Kim S, Shin D, Uong N, Hyun H, et al. Effects of ADAM10 and ADAM17 Inhibitors on Natural Killer Cell Expansion and Antibody-dependent Cellular Cytotoxicity Against Breast Cancer Cells In Vitro. Anticancer Res. 2017;37:5507-5513 pubmed..Thus, the aim of this study was to investigate the influence of ADAM10 and ADAM17 inhibitors on expanded NK cell to enhance antibody-dependent cellular cytotoxicity (ADCC) in breast cancer cell lines...
- Ishimoto T, Miyake K, Nandi T, Yashiro M, Onishi N, Huang K, et al. Activation of Transforming Growth Factor Beta 1 Signaling in Gastric Cancer-associated Fibroblasts Increases Their Motility, via Expression of Rhomboid 5 Homolog 2, and Ability to Induce Invasiveness of Gastric Cancer Cells. Gastroenterology. 2017;153:191-204.e16 pubmed publisher..RHBDF2 promotes cleavage of TGFBR1 by activating TACE and motility of CAFs in response to TGFB1. These highly motile CAFs induce DGCs to invade extracellular matrix and lymphatic vessels in nude mice. ..
- Tong L, Kim S, Chen L, Kosinski A, Shankar B, Girijavallabhan V, et al. Development of a prodrug of hydantoin based TACE inhibitor. Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2017;27:3704-3708 pubmed publisher..A prodrug approach was investigated to address this issue. The pivalate prodrug 3 can be formulated as stable neutral form and demonstrated improved DMPK properties when compared with parent compound. ..
- Urriola Muñoz P, Lizama C, Lagos Cabré R, Reyes J, Moreno R. Differential expression and localization of ADAM10 and ADAM17 during rat spermatogenesis suggest a role in germ cell differentiation. Biol Res. 2014;47:31 pubmed publisher..Therefore, these results show that ADAM10 and ADAM17 protein levels and subcellular (cell surface) localization are regulated during rat spermatogenesis.
- Sharma N, Trinidad C, Trembath A, Markiewicz M. NKG2D Signaling between Human NK Cells Enhances TACE-Mediated TNF-? Release. J Immunol. 2017;199:2865-2872 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that NKG2D signaling is critical for maximal TNF-? release by NK cells. Further, they demonstrate a role for NKG2D-ligand interaction via homotypic NK cell contact in NK cell effector function. ..
- Link M, Lücke K, Schmid J, Schumacher V, Eden T, Rose John S, et al. The role of ADAM17 in the T-cell response against bacterial pathogens. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0184320 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our study indicates that ADAM17 is either not required in T cells under homoeostatic conditions and for control of listeria infection or can be effectively compensated by other mechanisms. ..
- Bredemeier M, Edimiris P, Mach P, Kubista M, Sjöback R, Rohlová E, et al. Gene Expression Signatures in Circulating Tumor Cells Correlate with Response to Therapy in Metastatic Breast Cancer. Clin Chem. 2017;63:1585-1593 pubmed publisher..i>ADAM17 could be a key marker in distinguishing R from NR, and KRT19 was powerful in identifying CTCs. ..
- Lahey K, Ronaghan N, Shang J, Dion S, Desilets A, Leduc R, et al. Signaling pathways induced by serine proteases to increase intestinal epithelial barrier function. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0180259 pubmed publisher..The pathways mediating enhanced barrier function by proteases may be novel therapeutic targets for intestinal disorders characterized by disrupted epithelial barrier function. ..
- Du X, Jiang C, Lv Y, Dull R, Zhao Y, Schwartz D, et al. Isoflurane promotes phagocytosis of apoptotic neutrophils through AMPK-mediated ADAM17/Mer signaling. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0180213 pubmed publisher..Increased macrophage efferocytosis following isoflurane treatment correlates with upregulation of Mer surface expression through AMPK-mediated blockade of ADAM17 trafficking to the cell membrane. ..
- Cho Y, Park D, Kim C. Disruption of TACE-filamin interaction can inhibit TACE-mediated ectodomain shedding. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;490:997-1003 pubmed publisher..From these data, we suggest that filamin may work as a scaffold that can recruit TACE and its substrates in a PMA-dependent manner to achieve substrate specificity for TACE. ..
- Xu J, Sriramula S, Xia H, Moreno Walton L, Culicchia F, Domenig O, et al. Clinical Relevance and Role of Neuronal AT1 Receptors in ADAM17-Mediated ACE2 Shedding in Neurogenic Hypertension. Circ Res. 2017;121:43-55 pubmed publisher..Our data demonstrate that angiotensin II type 1 receptors promote ADAM17-mediated ACE2 shedding in the brain of hypertensive patients, leading to a loss in compensatory activity during neurogenic hypertension. ..
- Serban K, Petrusca D, Mikosz A, Poirier C, Lockett A, Saint L, et al. Alpha-1 antitrypsin supplementation improves alveolar macrophages efferocytosis and phagocytosis following cigarette smoke exposure. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0176073 pubmed publisher..The amelioration of CS-exposed AM global engulfment may render A1AT as a potential therapy for COPD exacerbations. ..
- Yamamoto K, Santamaria S, Botkjaer K, Dudhia J, Troeberg L, Itoh Y, et al. Inhibition of Shedding of Low-Density Lipoprotein Receptor-Related Protein 1 Reverses Cartilage Matrix Degradation in Osteoarthritis. Arthritis Rheumatol. 2017;69:1246-1256 pubmed publisher..Shedding of LRP-1 is a key link to OA progression. Local inhibition of LRP-1 sheddase activities of ADAM-17 and MMP-14 is a unique way to reverse matrix degradation in OA cartilage and could be effective as a therapeutic approach. ..
- Chen J, Lin C, Chen B. Hypoxia-induced ADAM 17 expression is mediated by RSK1-dependent C/EBP? activation in human lung fibroblasts. Mol Immunol. 2017;88:155-163 pubmed publisher..Moreover, RSK1/C/EBP?-dependent ADAM 17 expression is involved in hypoxia-induced CTGF expression. Our results suggest possible therapeutic approaches for treating hypoxia-mediated lung fibrosis in COA. ..
- Couchie D, Vaisman B, Abderrazak A, Mahmood D, Hamza M, Canesi F, et al. Human Plasma Thioredoxin-80 Increases With Age and in ApoE-/- Mice Induces Inflammation, Angiogenesis, and Atherosclerosis. Circulation. 2017;136:464-475 pubmed publisher..TRX80 showed an age-dependent increase in human plasma. In mouse models, TRX80 was associated with a proinflammatory status and increased atherosclerosis. ..
- Luo W, Shu H. Emerging roles of rhomboid-like pseudoproteases in inflammatory and innate immune responses. FEBS Lett. 2017;591:3182-3189 pubmed publisher..Here, we summarize recent progress on the roles and mechanisms of iRhom2 and its homologues in innate immunity and also discuss the links between the physiological functions of iRhoms and immunological diseases. ..
- Sun L, Liu Y, Li W, Liu S, Liu H, Li L, et al. Nivolumab effectively inhibit platinum-resistant ovarian cancer cells via induction of cell apoptosis and inhibition of ADAM17 expression. Eur Rev Med Pharmacol Sci. 2017;21:1198-1205 pubmed..Therefore, all the results demonstrated that the combined treatment with nivolumab and cisplatin effectively inhibited PROC cells via induction of cell apoptosis and inhibition of ADAM17 expression. ..
- Kawai T, Takayanagi T, Forrester S, Preston K, Obama T, Tsuji T, et al. Vascular ADAM17 (a Disintegrin and Metalloproteinase Domain 17) Is Required for Angiotensin II/?-Aminopropionitrile-Induced Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm. Hypertension. 2017;70:959-963 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, VSMC ADAM17 silencing or systemic ADAM17 inhibition seems to protect mice from AAA formation. The mechanism seems to involve suppression of epidermal growth factor receptor activation. ..