Genomes and Genes
Summary: A disintegrin and metalloproteinase domain-containing protein that cleaves the membrane-bound precursor of TUMOR NECROSIS FACTOR-ALPHA to its mature form. It cleaves several other CELL SURFACE PROTEINS, including INTERLEUKIN-1 RECEPTOR TYPE II; TRANSFORMING GROWTH FACTOR ALPHA; L-SELECTIN; MUCIN-1; and AMYLOID BETA-PROTEIN PRECURSOR. It can also function as an activator of the Notch signaling pathway by mediating the cleavage of NOTCH RECEPTORS.
- Du X, Jiang C, Lv Y, Dull R, Zhao Y, Schwartz D, et al. Isoflurane promotes phagocytosis of apoptotic neutrophils through AMPK-mediated ADAM17/Mer signaling. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0180213 pubmed publisher..Increased macrophage efferocytosis following isoflurane treatment correlates with upregulation of Mer surface expression through AMPK-mediated blockade of ADAM17 trafficking to the cell membrane. ..
- Cho Y, Park D, Kim C. Disruption of TACE-filamin interaction can inhibit TACE-mediated ectodomain shedding. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;490:997-1003 pubmed publisher..From these data, we suggest that filamin may work as a scaffold that can recruit TACE and its substrates in a PMA-dependent manner to achieve substrate specificity for TACE. ..
- Xu J, Sriramula S, Xia H, Moreno Walton L, Culicchia F, Domenig O, et al. Clinical Relevance and Role of Neuronal AT1 Receptors in ADAM17-Mediated ACE2 Shedding in Neurogenic Hypertension. Circ Res. 2017;121:43-55 pubmed publisher..Our data demonstrate that angiotensin II type 1 receptors promote ADAM17-mediated ACE2 shedding in the brain of hypertensive patients, leading to a loss in compensatory activity during neurogenic hypertension. ..
- Serban K, Petrusca D, Mikosz A, Poirier C, Lockett A, Saint L, et al. Alpha-1 antitrypsin supplementation improves alveolar macrophages efferocytosis and phagocytosis following cigarette smoke exposure. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0176073 pubmed publisher..The amelioration of CS-exposed AM global engulfment may render A1AT as a potential therapy for COPD exacerbations. ..
- Yamamoto K, Santamaria S, Botkjaer K, Dudhia J, Troeberg L, Itoh Y, et al. Inhibition of Shedding of Low-Density Lipoprotein Receptor-Related Protein 1 Reverses Cartilage Matrix Degradation in Osteoarthritis. Arthritis Rheumatol. 2017;69:1246-1256 pubmed publisher..Shedding of LRP-1 is a key link to OA progression. Local inhibition of LRP-1 sheddase activities of ADAM-17 and MMP-14 is a unique way to reverse matrix degradation in OA cartilage and could be effective as a therapeutic approach. ..
- Chen J, Lin C, Chen B. Hypoxia-induced ADAM 17 expression is mediated by RSK1-dependent C/EBP? activation in human lung fibroblasts. Mol Immunol. 2017;88:155-163 pubmed publisher..Moreover, RSK1/C/EBP?-dependent ADAM 17 expression is involved in hypoxia-induced CTGF expression. Our results suggest possible therapeutic approaches for treating hypoxia-mediated lung fibrosis in COA. ..
- Couchie D, Vaisman B, Abderrazak A, Mahmood D, Hamza M, Canesi F, et al. Human Plasma Thioredoxin-80 Increases With Age and in ApoE-/- Mice Induces Inflammation, Angiogenesis, and Atherosclerosis. Circulation. 2017;136:464-475 pubmed publisher..TRX80 showed an age-dependent increase in human plasma. In mouse models, TRX80 was associated with a proinflammatory status and increased atherosclerosis. ..
- Luo W, Shu H. Emerging roles of rhomboid-like pseudoproteases in inflammatory and innate immune responses. FEBS Lett. 2017;591:3182-3189 pubmed publisher..Here, we summarize recent progress on the roles and mechanisms of iRhom2 and its homologues in innate immunity and also discuss the links between the physiological functions of iRhoms and immunological diseases. ..
- Sun L, Liu Y, Li W, Liu S, Liu H, Li L, et al. Nivolumab effectively inhibit platinum-resistant ovarian cancer cells via induction of cell apoptosis and inhibition of ADAM17 expression. Eur Rev Med Pharmacol Sci. 2017;21:1198-1205 pubmed..Therefore, all the results demonstrated that the combined treatment with nivolumab and cisplatin effectively inhibited PROC cells via induction of cell apoptosis and inhibition of ADAM17 expression. ..
- Kawai T, Takayanagi T, Forrester S, Preston K, Obama T, Tsuji T, et al. Vascular ADAM17 (a Disintegrin and Metalloproteinase Domain 17) Is Required for Angiotensin II/β-Aminopropionitrile-Induced Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm. Hypertension. 2017;70:959-963 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, VSMC ADAM17 silencing or systemic ADAM17 inhibition seems to protect mice from AAA formation. The mechanism seems to involve suppression of epidermal growth factor receptor activation. ..