Genomes and Genes
Summary: A disintegrin and metalloproteinase domain-containing protein. It cleaves the membrane-bound precursor of TUMOR NECROSIS FACTOR-ALPHA between ALANINE 76 and VALINE 77 to its functional form, as well as several other CELL SURFACE PROTEINS to their soluble forms, including AMYLOID BETA-PROTEIN PRECURSOR and PRION PROTEIN.
- Yang W, Kim J, Han N, Lee E, Park S. 1,25-Dihydroxyvitamin D3 Attenuates the Effects of Lipopolysaccharide by Causing ADAM10-Dependent Ectodomain Shedding of Toll-Like Receptor 4. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2017;41:2104-2116 pubmed publisher..1,25D3 causes ectodomain shedding of TLR4 and thereby decreases the responsiveness of cells to LPS. ADAM10, activated by extracellular Ca2+ influx, was implicated in the ectodomain cleavage of TLR4. ..
- Marcello E, Borroni B, Pelucchi S, Gardoni F, Di Luca M. ADAM10 as a therapeutic target for brain diseases: from developmental disorders to Alzheimer's disease. Expert Opin Ther Targets. 2017;21:1017-1026 pubmed publisher..Expert opinion: A progress in the understanding of the molecular mechanisms driving ADAM10 activity at synapses and its alterations in brain disorders is the first step before designing a specific drug able to modulate ADAM10 activity. ..
- Warchol M, Stone J, Barton M, Ku J, Veile R, Daudet N, et al. ADAM10 and ?-secretase regulate sensory regeneration in the avian vestibular organs. Dev Biol. 2017;428:39-51 pubmed publisher..Together, our data suggest multiple roles for ?-secretase and ADAM10 in vestibular hair cell regeneration. ..
- McRobb L, McKay M, Gamble J, Grace M, Moutrie V, Santos E, et al. Ionizing radiation reduces ADAM10 expression in brain microvascular endothelial cells undergoing stress-induced senescence. Aging (Albany NY). 2017;9:1248-1268 pubmed publisher..ADAM10 may be a key molecule linking radiation, senescence and endothelial dysfunction with increased risk of premature neurodegenerative diseases normally associated with aging. ..
- Mamada N, Tanokashira D, Ishii K, Tamaoka A, Araki W. Mitochondria are devoid of amyloid ?-protein (A?)-producing secretases: Evidence for unlikely occurrence within mitochondria of A? generation from amyloid precursor protein. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;486:321-328 pubmed publisher..In view of the particularly low expression levels of BACE1, ?-secretase complex proteins, and ?-CTF in mitochondria, we propose that it is unlikely that A? generation from APP occurs locally within this organelle. ..
- Ostalecki C, Lee J, Dindorf J, Collenburg L, Schierer S, Simon B, et al. Multiepitope tissue analysis reveals SPPL3-mediated ADAM10 activation as a key step in the transformation of melanocytes. Sci Signal. 2017;10: pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that systematic tissue antigen analysis could complement whole-genome approaches to provide more insight into cancer development. ..
- Couchie D, Vaisman B, Abderrazak A, Mahmood D, Hamza M, Canesi F, et al. Human Plasma Thioredoxin-80 Increases With Age and in ApoE-/- Mice Induces Inflammation, Angiogenesis, and Atherosclerosis. Circulation. 2017;136:464-475 pubmed publisher..TRX80 showed an age-dependent increase in human plasma. In mouse models, TRX80 was associated with a proinflammatory status and increased atherosclerosis. ..