Summary: A family of neutral serine proteases with TRYPSIN-like activity. Tryptases are primarily found in the SECRETORY GRANULES of MAST CELLS and are released during mast cell degranulation.
- Lin C, Liu H, Zhang H, Cao Y, Li R, Wu S, et al. Tryptase expression as a prognostic marker in patients with resected gastric cancer. Br J Surg. 2017;104:1037-1044 pubmed publisher..Tryptase expression is an independent prognostic factor for overall and recurrence-free survival in patients with gastric cancer after surgical resection. ..
- Kube P, Audige L, Küther K, Welle M. Distribution, density and heterogeneity of canine mast cells and influence of fixation techniques. Histochem Cell Biol. 1998;110:129-35 pubmed..This fact has to be taken into consideration when evaluating mast cell subtypes under pathological conditions. ..
- Bischoff S, Wedemeyer J, Herrmann A, Meier P, Trautwein C, Cetin Y, et al. Quantitative assessment of intestinal eosinophils and mast cells in inflammatory bowel disease. Histopathology. 1996;28:1-13 pubmed..The present data show that the number of intestinal mast cells and eosinophils is altered in patients with inflammatory bowel diseases, suggesting that both cell types are involved in the pathogenesis of chronic intestinal inflammation. ..
- Pizzichini E, Pizzichini M, Efthimiadis A, Evans S, Morris M, Squillace D, et al. Indices of airway inflammation in induced sputum: reproducibility and validity of cell and fluid-phase measurements. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 1996;154:308-17 pubmed..Thus, the methods of measuring cell and fluid phase markers in induced sputum used in this study are reproducible and valid. They can therefore be used to reliably measure these indices of airway inflammation. ..
- Schwartz L, Bradford T, Rouse C, Irani A, Rasp G, Van der Zwan J, et al. Development of a new, more sensitive immunoassay for human tryptase: use in systemic anaphylaxis. J Clin Immunol. 1994;14:190-204 pubmed
- GÃ³rska A, Niedoszytko M, Lange M, CheÅ‚miÅ„ska M, Nedoszytko B, WasÄ…g B, et al. Risk factors for anaphylaxis in patients with mastocytosis. Pol Arch Med Wewn. 2015;125:46-53 pubmed..Risk factors for anaphylaxis included increased serum tryptase levels and indolent variant of systemic mastocytosis. Standard pharmacological treatment was ineffective in 10% of the patients, who may require biological treatment. Â ..
- Villar J, Cabrera BenÃtez N, Valladares F, GarcÃa HernÃ¡ndez S, Ramos Nuez Ã, MartÃn Barrasa J, et al. Tryptase is involved in the development of early ventilator-induced pulmonary fibrosis in sepsis-induced lung injury. Crit Care. 2015;19:138 pubmed publisher..Increased levels of these proteins were associated with development of sepsis and ventilator-induced pulmonary fibrosis early in the course of sepsis-induced lung injury. ..
- Lin R, Schwartz L, Curry A, Pesola G, Knight R, Lee H, et al. Histamine and tryptase levels in patients with acute allergic reactions: An emergency department-based study. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2000;106:65-71 pubmed..The clinical utility of beta-tryptase determinations in the evaluation of acute allergic reactions needs further study. ..
- Baba S, Kondo K, Suzukawa M, Ohta K, Yamasoba T. Distribution, subtype population, and IgE positivity of mast cells in chronic rhinosinusitis with nasal polyps. Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol. 2017;119:120-128 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest a role for IgE-mediated mast cell activation in the pathogenesis of ECRS. ..