Genomes and Genes
Summary: A family of serine endopeptidases found in the SECRETORY GRANULES of LEUKOCYTES such as CYTOTOXIC T-LYMPHOCYTES and NATURAL KILLER CELLS. When secreted into the intercellular space granzymes act to eliminate transformed and virus-infected host cells.
- Klein Hessling S, Muhammad K, Klein M, Pusch T, Rudolf R, Flöter J, et al. NFATc1 controls the cytotoxicity of CD8+ T cells. Nat Commun. 2017;8:511 pubmed publisher..Here the authors show NFATc1 controls the cytotoxicity and metabolic switching of activated CD8+ T cells required for optimal response to bacteria and tumor cells. ..
- de Jong H, García Laorden M, Hoogendijk A, Parry C, Maude R, Dondorp A, et al. Expression of intra- and extracellular granzymes in patients with typhoid fever. PLoS Negl Trop Dis. 2017;11:e0005823 pubmed publisher..enterica serovar Typhi, remains a major cause of morbidity and mortality worldwide. Granzymes are serine proteases promoting cytotoxic lymphocytes mediated eradication of intracellular pathogens via the ..
- Pallett L, Davies J, Colbeck E, Robertson F, Hansi N, Easom N, et al. IL-2high tissue-resident T cells in the human liver: Sentinels for hepatotropic infection. J Exp Med. 2017;214:1567-1580 pubmed publisher..We suggest that these inhibitory molecules, together with paradoxically robust, rapid, cell-autonomous IL-2 and IFNÎ³ production, equip liver CD8 TRM to survive while exerting local noncytolytic hepatic immunosurveillance. ..
- Heibein J, Goping I, Barry M, Pinkoski M, Shore G, Green D, et al. Granzyme B-mediated cytochrome c release is regulated by the Bcl-2 family members bid and Bax. J Exp Med. 2000;192:1391-402 pubmed..Our results provide evidence for a new pathway by which CTLs inflict damage and explain the caspase-independent mechanism of mitochondrial dysfunction. ..
- Pellegatta S, Valletta L, Corbetta C, PatanÃ¨ M, Zucca I, Riccardi Sirtori F, et al. Effective immuno-targeting of the IDH1 mutation R132H in a murine model of intracranial glioma. Acta Neuropathol Commun. 2015;3:4 pubmed publisher..These results support the translational potential of immunotherapeutic targeting of gliomas carrying IDH1 mutations. ..
- Klose D, Woitok M, Niesen J, Beerli R, Grawunder U, Fischer R, et al. Generation of an artificial human B cell line test system using Transpo-mAbTM technology to evaluate the therapeutic efficacy of novel antigen-specific fusion proteins. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0180305 pubmed publisher..Our data confirm that antigen-based fusion proteins containing granzyme B (R201K) are suitable candidates for the depletion of autoreactive B cells. ..
- Voskoboinik I, Whisstock J, Trapani J. Perforin and granzymes: function, dysfunction and human pathology. Nat Rev Immunol. 2015;15:388-400 pubmed..and regulated secretion of potent toxins, including the pore-forming protein perforin and serine protease granzymes. Until recently, mechanisms of pore formation and granzyme transfer into the target cell were poorly understood, ..
- Serafini B, Scorsi E, Rosicarelli B, Rigau V, Thouvenot E, Aloisi F. Massive intracerebral Epstein-Barr virus reactivation in lethal multiple sclerosis relapse after natalizumab withdrawal. J Neuroimmunol. 2017;307:14-17 pubmed publisher..These results may encourage switching to B-cell depleting therapy after natalizumab discontinuation. ..
- Yin W, Song Y, Liu Q, Wu Y, He R. Topical treatment of all-trans retinoic acid inhibits murine melanoma partly by promoting CD8+ T-cell immunity. Immunology. 2017;152:287-297 pubmed publisher..Hence, our study demonstrates that topical atRA treatment effectively inhibits melanoma growth partly by promoting the differentiation and the cytotoxic function of effector CD8+ T cells. ..
- Kah J, Koh S, Volz T, Ceccarello E, Allweiss L, Lutgehetmann M, et al. Lymphocytes transiently expressing virus-specific T cell receptors reduce hepatitis B virus infection. J Clin Invest. 2017;127:3177-3188 pubmed publisher..T cell transfer did not trigger inflammation in uninfected mice. These data support the feasibility of using mRNA electroporation to engineer HBV TCR-redirected T cells in patients with chronic HBV infection. ..
- Larimer B, Wehrenberg Klee E, Dubois F, Mehta A, Kalomeris T, Flaherty K, et al. Granzyme B PET Imaging as a Predictive Biomarker of Immunotherapy Response. Cancer Res. 2017;77:2318-2327 pubmed publisher..Overall, our results suggest granzyme B PET imaging can serve as a quantitatively useful predictive biomarker for efficacious responses to cancer immunotherapy. Cancer Res; 77(9); 2318-27. Â©2017 AACR. ..
- Nagler A, Lanier L, Cwirla S, Phillips J. Comparative studies of human FcRIII-positive and negative natural killer cells. J Immunol. 1989;143:3183-91 pubmed..Based on these results, we propose that these NK cell subsets represent portions of the NK cell differentiation pathway present in the peripheral blood. ..
- Wagner L, Yang O, Garcia Zepeda E, Ge Y, Kalams S, Walker B, et al. Beta-chemokines are released from HIV-1-specific cytolytic T-cell granules complexed to proteoglycans. Nature. 1998;391:908-11 pubmed..This association appears to have a functional significance, because heparan sulphate facilitates RANTES inhibition of HIV-1 infection of monocytes. ..