Genomes and Genes
Summary: A short pro-domain caspase that plays an effector role in APOPTOSIS. It is activated by INITIATOR CASPASES such as CASPASE 9. Isoforms of this protein exist due to multiple alternative splicing of its MESSENGER RNA.
Publications114 found, 100 shown here
- Tatton N. Increased caspase 3 and Bax immunoreactivity accompany nuclear GAPDH translocation and neuronal apoptosis in Parkinson's disease. Exp Neurol. 2000;166:29-43 pubmed..b>Caspase 3 and Bax showed increased immunoreactivity in melanized neurons of the PD nigra compared with controls...
- Wen J, Zhao Y, Liu Y, Zhao J. MicroRNA-34a inhibits tumor invasion and metastasis in osteosarcoma partly by effecting C-IAP2 and Bcl-2. Tumour Biol. 2017;39:1010428317705761 pubmed publisher..Taken together, we indicated that miR-34a can inhibit tumor invasion and metastasis in osteosarcoma, and its mechanism may be partly related to downregulating the expression of C-IAP2 and Bcl-2 protein directly or indirectly. ..
- Yu B, Wen L, Xiao B, Han F, Shi Y. Single Prolonged Stress induces ATF6 alpha-dependent Endoplasmic reticulum stress and the apoptotic process in medial Frontal Cortex neurons. BMC Neurosci. 2014;15:115 pubmed publisher..in the ER stress: Glucose-regulated protein (GRP) 78 and ERP57, and apoptotic factors caspase 12, caspase 9, and caspase 3. Our results of Morris Water Maze (MWM) test showed that after SPS exposure, a striking increase of the escape ..
- Weber L, Al Refae K, Ebbert J, Jagers P, Altmuller J, Becker C, et al. Activation of odorant receptor in colorectal cancer cells leads to inhibition of cell proliferation and apoptosis. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0172491 pubmed publisher..This study emphasizes the importance of ectopically expressed ORs in the therapy for several diseases. The findings provide the basis for alternative treatments of colorectal cancer. ..
- Hu J, Xie W, Shang L, Yang X, Li Q, Xu M, et al. Knockdown of calponin 2 suppressed cell growth in gastric cancer cells. Tumour Biol. 2017;39:1010428317706455 pubmed publisher..Consistently, caspase 3/7 activity was also remarkably activated upon shCNN2 lentivirus infection...
- Cao H, Liu Z, Chang Z. Cordycepin induces apoptosis in human bladder cancer cells via activation of A3 adenosine receptors. Tumour Biol. 2017;39:1010428317706915 pubmed publisher..Together, these data suggest that Cordyceps militaris hot water extracts containing cordycepin may be a promising treatment for bladder cancer via A3 adenosine receptor activation. ..
- Bustamante A, LÃ³pez Cancio E, Pich S, Penalba A, Giralt D, GarcÃa Berrocoso T, et al. Blood Biomarkers for the Early Diagnosis of Stroke: The Stroke-Chip Study. Stroke. 2017;48:2419-2425 pubmed publisher..Additional discovery of new biomarkers and improvement on laboratory techniques seem necessary for achieving a molecular diagnosis of stroke. ..
- El Mihi K, Kenawy H, El Karef A, Elsherbiny N, Eissa L. Naringin attenuates thioacetamide-induced liver fibrosis in rats through modulation of the PI3K/Akt pathway. Life Sci. 2017;187:50-57 pubmed publisher..NR alleviated experimental liver fibrosis through inhibition of PI3K/Akt pathway beside its anti-inflammatory and antioxidant effects. Therefore, NR is a promising therapeutic candidate for hepatic fibrosis. ..
- Xiao Y, Yan W, Cao Y, Yan J, Cai W. P38 MAPK Pharmacological Inhibitor SB203580 Alleviates Total Parenteral Nutrition-Induced Loss of Intestinal Barrier Function but Promotes Hepatocyte Lipoapoptosis. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2017;41:623-634 pubmed publisher..We demonstrate that the p38 MAPK inhibitor SB203508 ameliorates intestinal barrier function but promotes hepatic lipoapoptosis in model of TPN. ..
- Roberts F, Hupple C, Norowski E, Walsh N, Przewozniak N, Aryee K, et al. Possible type 1 diabetes risk prediction: Using ultrasound imaging to assess pancreas inflammation in the inducible autoimmune diabetes BBDR model. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0178641 pubmed publisher..Due to ultrasound's established use as a non-invasive diagnostic tool, it may prove useful in a clinical setting for type 1 diabetes risk prediction prior to autoimmunity and to assess the effectiveness of potential therapeutics. ..
- Peredo Silva L, Fuentes Retamal S, Sandoval Acuña C, Pavani M, Maya J, Castro Castillo V, et al. Derivatives of alkyl gallate triphenylphosphonium exhibit antitumor activity in a syngeneic murine model of mammary adenocarcinoma. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2017;329:334-346 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that the combination of TPP+C10 with doxycycline is a valuable candidate therapy for breast cancer management. ..
- Yu Y, Cao F, Ran Q, Wang F. Long non-coding RNA Gm4419 promotes trauma-induced astrocyte apoptosis by targeting tumor necrosis factor ?. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;491:478-485 pubmed publisher..Thus, the present study would expand the insight into the novel approaches for TBI therapy. ..
- Faleiro L, Lazebnik Y. Caspases disrupt the nuclear-cytoplasmic barrier. J Cell Biol. 2000;151:951-9 pubmed..Hence, caspase-9 contributes to cell disassembly by disrupting the nuclear cytoplasmic barrier. ..
- Talwar S, Jagani H, Nayak P, Kumar N, Kishore A, Bansal P, et al. Toxicological evaluation of Terminalia paniculata bark extract and its protective effect against CCl4-induced liver injury in rodents. BMC Complement Altern Med. 2013;13:127 pubmed publisher..The findings support a protective role for Terminalia paniculata in pathologies involving oxidative stress. ..
- Park S, Shim J, Chae J, Cho Y. Heat shock protein 90 inhibitor regulates necroptotic cell death via down-regulation of receptor interacting proteins. Pharmazie. 2015;70:193-8 pubmed..Therefore, pharmacological modulation of necroptotic cell death through HSP90 could be a promising strategy for overcoming cancer drug resistance or protecting ischemic cell death. ..
- Meng P, Dong Q, Tan G, Wen W, Wang H, Zhang G, et al. Anti-tumor effects of a recombinant anti-prostate specific membrane antigen immunotoxin against prostate cancer cells. BMC Urol. 2017;17:14 pubmed publisher..A novel fusion gene, immunocasp-3, may represent a viable approach to treating PSMA-positive prostate cancer. ..
- Finiuk N, Boiko N, Klyuchivska O, Коbylinska L, Kril I, Zimenkovsky B, et al. 4-Thiazolidinone derivative Les-3833 effectively inhibits viability of human melanoma cells through activating apoptotic mechanisms. Croat Med J. 2017;58:129-139 pubmed..Results of Annexin V/PI staining of melanoma cells and activation of caspase 3, PARP, MAPK, and EndoG protein suggest apoptosis in Les-3833-treated cells...
- Jourd heuil F, Xu H, Reilly T, McKellar K, El Alaoui C, Steppich J, et al. The Hemoglobin Homolog Cytoglobin in Smooth Muscle Inhibits Apoptosis and Regulates Vascular Remodeling. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2017;37:1944-1955 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that CYGB is expressed in vessels primarily in differentiated medial VSM cells where it regulates neointima formation and inhibits apoptosis after injury. ..
- Ye X, Lin J, Lin Z, Xue A, Li L, Zhao Z, et al. Axin1 up-regulated 1 accelerates stress-induced cardiomyocytes apoptosis through activating Wnt/?-catenin signaling. Exp Cell Res. 2017;359:441-448 pubmed publisher..Our data provided novel evidence that therapeutic strategies against Axud1 or Wnt/?-catenin signaling might be promising in relation to RS-induced myocardial injury. ..
- Bammert T, Hijmans J, Reiakvam W, Levy M, Brewster L, Goldthwaite Z, et al. High glucose derived endothelial microparticles increase active caspase-3 and reduce microRNA-Let-7a expression in endothelial cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;493:1026-1029 pubmed publisher..43 ± 0.17 fold vs control). These results demonstrate that hyperglycemic-induced EMPs increase endothelial cell active caspase-3. This apoptotic effect may be mediated, at least in part, by a reduction in miR-Let-7a expression. ..
- Maiuthed A, Pinkhien T, Chamni S, Suwanborirux K, Saito N, Petpiroon N, et al. Apoptosis-inducing Effect of Hydroquinone 5-O-Cinnamoyl Ester Analog of Renieramycin M on Non-small Cell Lung Cancer Cells. Anticancer Res. 2017;37:6259-6267 pubmed..hydroquinone 5-O-cinnamoyl ester (CIN-RM), was investigated here for its activity against non-small cell lung cancer cells...
- Wang L, Ma W, Markovich R, Chen J, Wang P. Regulation of cardiomyocyte apoptotic signaling by insulin-like growth factor I. Circ Res. 1998;83:516-22 pubmed..actions on the apoptotic signaling of cardiac muscle cells, we have defined the effects of IGF I on Bcl-2, Bax, caspase 3, DNA fragmentation, and cell survival in primary cardiomyocytes...
- Stadelmann C, Deckwerth T, Srinivasan A, Bancher C, Bruck W, Jellinger K, et al. Activation of caspase-3 in single neurons and autophagic granules of granulovacuolar degeneration in Alzheimer's disease. Evidence for apoptotic cell death. Am J Pathol. 1999;155:1459-66 pubmed
- Li J, Wang H, Yao Y, Sun Q, Liu Z, Liu S, et al. Overexpression of microRNA-138 alleviates human coronary artery endothelial cell injury and inflammatory response by inhibiting the PI3K/Akt/eNOS pathway. J Cell Mol Med. 2017;21:1482-1491 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that up-regulation of miR-138 alleviates HCAEC injury and inflammatory response by inhibiting the PI3K/Akt/eNOS signalling pathway. ..
- Grechowa I, Horke S, Wallrath A, Vahl C, Dorweiler B. Human neutrophil elastase induces endothelial cell apoptosis by activating the PERK-CHOP branch of the unfolded protein response. FASEB J. 2017;31:3868-3881 pubmed publisher..Grechowa, I., Horke, S., Wallrath, A., Vahl, C.-F., Dorweiler, B. Human neutrophil elastase induces endothelial cell apoptosis by activating the PERK-CHOP branch of the unfolded protein response. ..
- Lee D, Kim T, Kim K, Ham J, Jang T, Kang K, et al. Evaluation of guggulsterone derivatives as novel kidney cell protective agents against cisplatin-induced nephrotoxicity. Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2017;27:3156-3161 pubmed publisher..In an additional study, we determined that inhibition of the mitogen-activated protein kinase/caspase-3 signaling cascade by 6g mediates its protective effects against cytotoxicity in cultured LLC-PK1 cells. ..
- Irani Y, Scotney P, Klebe S, Mortimer L, Nash A, Williams K. An Anti-VEGF-B Antibody Fragment Induces Regression of Pre-Existing Blood Vessels in the Rat Cornea. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2017;58:3404-3413 pubmed publisher..We tested the ability of an antibody fragment with specificity for vascular endothelial growth factor-B (VEGF-B) to regress nascent and established corneal blood vessels in the rat...
- Zhou X, Liang L, Zhao Y, Zhang H. Epigallocatechin-3-Gallate Ameliorates Angiotensin II-Induced Oxidative Stress and Apoptosis in Human Umbilical Vein Endothelial Cells through the Activation of Nrf2/Caspase-3 Signaling. J Vasc Res. 2017;54:299-308 pubmed publisher..All of our findings indicated that EGCG treatment provides a protective effect for Ang II-induced HUVEC apoptosis by decreasing oxidative stress and ameliorating mitochondrial injury. ..
- Smith B, Galbiati F, Castelvetri L, Givogri M, Lopez Rosas A, Bongarzone E. Peripheral neuropathy in the Twitcher mouse involves the activation of axonal caspase 3. ASN Neuro. 2011;3: pubmed publisher..Our studies showed an elevated activation of the pro-apoptotic protease caspase 3 in sciatic nerves of 15- and 30-day-old Twitcher mice, in parallel with increasing demyelination...
- Primon M, Huszthy P, Motaln H, Talasila K, Miletic H, Atai N, et al. Cathepsin L silencing increases As2O3 toxicity in malignantly transformed pilocytic astrocytoma MPA58 cells by activating caspases 3/7. Exp Cell Res. 2017;356:64-73 pubmed publisher..Therefore, Cathepsin L silencing by gene manipulation can be applied when a more aggressive approach is needed in treatment of pilocytic astrocytomas with anaplastic features. ..
- Su P, Liu F. A peptide disrupting the D2R-DAT interaction protects against dopamine neurotoxicity. Exp Neurol. 2017;295:176-183 pubmed publisher..The peptide may provide some insights to improve treatments for dopamine neurotoxicity and related diseases, such as Parkinson's disease, as well as methamphetamine- and 3,4-methsylenedioxy methamphetamine-induced neurotoxicity. ..
- Rivera M, Ramos Y, Rodríguez Valentín M, López Acevedo S, Cubano L, Zou J, et al. Targeting multiple pro-apoptotic signaling pathways with curcumin in prostate cancer cells. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0179587 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data suggest that curcumin may serve as a promising anticancer agent by inducing a chronic ER stress mediated cell death and activation of cell cycle arrest, UPR, autophagy and oxidative stress responses. ..
- Liu L, Xin Y, Liu J, Zhang E, Li W. INHIBITORY EFFECT OF CHITOSAN OLIGOSACCHARIDE ON HUMAN HEPATOMA CELLS IN VITRO. Afr J Tradit Complement Altern Med. 2017;14:272-277 pubmed publisher..In this study, we explored the inhibitory effect of Chitosan oligosaccharide on human hepatoma cells...
- Fan R, Enkhjargal B, Camara R, Yan F, Gong L, ShengtaoYao -, et al. Critical role of EphA4 in early brain injury after subarachnoid hemorrhage in rat. Exp Neurol. 2017;296:41-48 pubmed publisher..In contrast, Fasudil abolished the effects of rEphx-1. These results suggest that EphA4, a novel and promising target for treatment, exacerbates EBI through an Ephexin-1/ROCK2 pathway after SAH. ..
- Weil M, Raff M, Braga V. Caspase activation in the terminal differentiation of human epidermal keratinocytes. Curr Biol. 1999;9:361-4 pubmed..Here, we show for the first time that caspases are activated during normal human keratinocyte differentiation and that this activation is apparently required for the normal loss of the nucleus. ..
- Lin B, Peng G, Feng H, Li W, Dong X, Chen Y, et al. Purification and characterization of a bioactive alpha-fetoprotein produced by HEK-293 cells. Protein Expr Purif. 2017;136:1-6 pubmed publisher..This study provides a method to produce significant amounts of AFP for use in biochemical assays and functional studies and to screen AFP inhibitors for use in HCC therapy. ..
- George B, Abrahamse H, Hemmaragala N. Phenolics from Rubus fairholmianus induces cytotoxicity and apoptosis in human breast adenocarcinoma cells. Chem Biol Interact. 2017;275:178-188 pubmed publisher..92%) and reduced the population of viable cells (Annexin V-/PI-) (45.56%). Increased caspase 3/7 activity and cytochrome c release were also observed in treated cells...
- Wang L, Chen Z, Wang Y, Chang D, Su L, Guo Y, et al. TR1 promotes cell proliferation and inhibits apoptosis through cyclin A and CTGF regulation in non-small cell lung cancer. Tumour Biol. 2014;35:463-8 pubmed..In conclusion, WWTR1 promotes malignant cell growth and inhibits apoptosis by cyclin A and CTGF regulation. ..
- Jones M, Osawa G, Regal J, Weinberg D, Taggart J, Kocak H, et al. Hematopoietic stem cells are acutely sensitive to Acd shelterin gene inactivation. J Clin Invest. 2014;124:353-66 pubmed publisher..Because the consequences of telomere shortening are progressive and unsynchronized, acute loss of shelterin function represents an attractive alternative for studying telomere crisis in hematopoietic progenitors. ..
- Hogan A, Don E, Rayner S, Lee A, Laird A, Watchon M, et al. Expression of ALS/FTD-linked mutant CCNF in zebrafish leads to increased cell death in the spinal cord and an aberrant motor phenotype. Hum Mol Genet. 2017;26:2616-2626 pubmed publisher..Additionally, this study presents a valuable new tool for use in ongoing studies investigating the pathobiology of ALS-linked CCNF mutations. ..
- Wang Z, Qiu Z, Gao C, Sun Y, Dong W, Zhang Y, et al. 2,5-hexanedione downregulates nerve growth factor and induces neuron apoptosis in the spinal cord of rats via inhibition of the PI3K/Akt signaling pathway. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0179388 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our experimental results indicate that 2,5-HD may induce apoptosis in the spinal cord of rats via downregulating NGF expression and subsequently repressing PI3K/Akt signaling pathway. ..
- Huang C, Huang J, Ma P, Yu G. microRNA-143 acts as a suppressor of hemangioma growth by targeting Bcl-2. Gene. 2017;628:211-217 pubmed publisher..Reexpression of miR-143 may represent a potential therapeutic strategy for the treatment of proliferating hemangiomas. ..
- Pérez Coyotl I, Martínez Vieyra C, Galar Martinez M, Gómez Oliván L, Garcia Medina S, Islas Flores H, et al. DNA damage and cytotoxicity induced on common carp by pollutants in water from an urban reservoir. Madín reservoir, a case study. Chemosphere. 2017;185:789-797 pubmed publisher..carpio, and this sentinel species, coupled with the biomarkers evaluated herein, is a reliable tool for assessing the health risk to wildlife posed by exposure to pollutants in freshwater bodies. ..
- Xin Y, Huang Q, Zhang P, Guo W, Zhang L, Jiang G. Demethoxycurcumin in combination with ultraviolet radiation B induces apoptosis through the mitochondrial pathway and caspase activation in A431 and HaCaT cells. Tumour Biol. 2017;39:1010428317706216 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our data indicate that demethoxycurcumin may be a promising photosensitizer for use in photodynamic therapy to induce apoptosis in skin cancer cells. ..
- Sun H, Xu D, Sun Y, Xue T, Zhang C, Zhang Z, et al. CO-releasing molecules-2 attenuates ox-LDL-induced injury in HUVECs by ameliorating mitochondrial function and inhibiting Wnt/?-catenin pathway. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;490:629-635 pubmed publisher..Collectively, we provide the evidence that CORM-2 attenuated ox-LDL-mediated endothelial apoptosis and oxidative stress by recovering the mitochondrial function and blocking Wnt/?-catenin pathway. ..
- Wang F, Jiang J, Hu S, Ma H, Zhu H, Tong Q, et al. Secondary metabolites from endophytic fungus Chaetomium sp. induce colon cancer cell apoptotic death. Fitoterapia. 2017;121:86-93 pubmed publisher..In addition, 3 induced apoptosis via caspase-3 induction and PARP cleavage, concomitantly with the increase of Bax and decrease of Bcl-2. ..
- Sokołowska J, Urbanska K. Survivin expression in correlation with apoptotic activity in canine lymphomas. Pol J Vet Sci. 2017;20:329-338 pubmed publisher..It seems that survivin does not exhibit anti-apoptotic activity in canine lymphomas. Lack of correlation between survivin expression and apoptotic markers could indicate its potential role in cell cycle activation in lymphoma cells. ..
- Li W, Yu K, Ma J, Shen J, Cheng C, Zhou F, et al. Non-thermal plasma induces mitochondria-mediated apoptotic signaling pathway via ROS generation in HeLa cells. Arch Biochem Biophys. 2017;633:68-77 pubmed publisher..These findings provide insights to the therapeutic potential and clinical research of NTP as a novel tool in cervical cancer treatment. ..
- Liu M, Wei R, Su M, Li H, Fang T, Zhang W. Effects of Panax notoginseng saponins on severe acute pancreatitis through the regulation of mTOR/Akt and caspase-3 signaling pathway by upregulating miR-181b expression in rats. BMC Complement Altern Med. 2018;18:51 pubmed publisher..The significant protection effects of Panax notoginseng saponins suggested its potential in treating taurocholate induced-acute pancreatitis. ..
- Chang C, Lee C, Lu C, Tsai F, Hsu Y, Tsao J, et al. Resveratrol-induced autophagy and apoptosis in cisplatin-resistant human oral cancer CAR cells: A key role of AMPK and Akt/mTOR signaling. Int J Oncol. 2017;50:873-882 pubmed publisher..Overall, our findings indicate that resveratrol is likely to induce autophagic and apoptotic death in drug-resistant oral cancer cells and might become a new approach for oral cancer treatment in the near future. ..
- Nepali S, Ki H, Lee J, Lee H, Kim D, Lee Y. Wheatgrass-Derived Polysaccharide Has Antiinflammatory, Anti-Oxidative and Anti-Apoptotic Effects on LPS-Induced Hepatic Injury in Mice. Phytother Res. 2017;31:1107-1116 pubmed publisher..Taken together, WGP possesses antiinflammatory, anti-oxidant and anti-apoptotic activity and ameliorates LPS-induced liver injury in mice. Copyright © 2017 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd. ..
- Gao W, Zhao B, Liu L, Yuan Q, Wu X, Xia Z. Myocardial ischemic post-conditioning protects the lung against myocardial ischemia/reperfusion-induced damage by activating GSK-3?. Acta Cir Bras. 2017;32:376-387 pubmed publisher..Myocardial ischemia reperfusion injury induces acute lung injury by induction of inflammation and cell apoptosis. Ischemic post-conditioning protects the lung from ALI following MIRI by increasing p-GSK-3?. ..
- Liu P, Hu Y, Kang B, Tseng Y, Wu P, Liang C, et al. Expression levels of cleaved caspase-3 and caspase-3 in tumorigenesis and prognosis of oral tongue squamous cell carcinoma. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0180620 pubmed publisher..The co-expression level of cleaved caspase-3 and caspase-3 might be a prognostic biomarker for OTSCC patients, particular in those patients with certain tumor stages and cell differentiation status. ..
- Nakai S, Imaizumi T, Watanabe T, Iwase Y, Nishi K, Okudaira K, et al. Photodynamically-induced Apoptosis Due to Ultraviolet A in the Presence of Lomefloxacin in Human Promyelocytic Leukemia Cells. Anticancer Res. 2017;37:6407-6413 pubmed..These results indicate that the combination of UVA and LFX induces apoptosis in HL-60 cells...
- Chen L, Yan F, Chen W, Zhao L, Zhang J, Lu Q, et al. Procyanidin from peanut skin induces antiproliferative effect in human prostate carcinoma cells DU145. Chem Biol Interact. 2018;288:12-23 pubmed publisher..Our findings demonstrated that procyanidins from peanut skin have the potential to be developed as an anti-prostate cancer agent. ..
- Leech S, Olie R, Gautschi O, Simões Wüst A, Tschopp S, Haner R, et al. Induction of apoptosis in lung-cancer cells following bcl-xL anti-sense treatment. Int J Cancer. 2000;86:570-6 pubmed..These findings imply that bcl-xL is a more critical survival factor for lung adenocarcinomas than for SCLC, and suggest the use of oligonucleotide 4259 for therapy of this major sub-type of lung cancer. ..
- Lee C, Chuah S, Tai W, Chang C, Chen F. Delay in Human Neutrophil Constitutive Apoptosis after Infection with Klebsiella pneumoniae Serotype K1. Front Cell Infect Microbiol. 2017;7:87 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that K. pneumoniae serotype K1 can prolong the lifespan of infected neutrophils by delaying constitutive apoptosis within the first several hours of infection. ..
- Yamashita N, Kondo M, Zhao S, Li W, Koike K, Nemoto K, et al. Picrasidine G decreases viability of MDA-MB 468 EGFR-overexpressing triple-negative breast cancer cells through inhibition of EGFR/STAT3 signaling pathway. Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2017;27:2608-2612 pubmed publisher..PG treatment increased markers of apoptosis, including chromatin condensation, sub-G1 population, cleavage of caspase 3 and cleavage of poly (ADP-ribose) polymerase (PARP)...
- Mousavi E, Tavakolfar S, Almasirad A, Kooshafar Z, Dehghani S, Afsharinasab A, et al. In vitro and in vivo assessments of two novel hydrazide compounds against breast cancer as well as mammary tumor cells. Cancer Chemother Pharmacol. 2017;79:1195-1203 pubmed publisher..p. administration, when compared to vehicle-treated mice. Collectively, the great potential exhibited by compound 2 could make it a promising chemotherapeutic candidate for human cancers, especially for breast cancer. ..
- Dong X, Fu J, Yin X, Qu C, Yang C, He H, et al. Induction of Apoptosis in HepaRG Cell Line by Aloe-Emodin through Generation of Reactive Oxygen Species and the Mitochondrial Pathway. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2017;42:685-696 pubmed publisher..These findings underscore the need for risk assessment of human exposure to aloe-emodin. ..
- Ghorbani A, Sadeghnia H, Asadpour E. Mechanism of protective effect of lettuce against glucose/serum deprivation-induced neurotoxicity. Nutr Neurosci. 2015;18:103-9 pubmed publisher..Therefore, it has the potential to be used for the management of ischemia-induced neuronal damage. ..
- Lin Z, Guo J, Xue P, Huang L, Deng L, Yang X, et al. Chaiqinchengqi decoction regulates necrosis-apoptosis via regulating the release of mitochondrial cytochrome c and caspase-3 in rats with acute necrotizing pancreatitis. J Tradit Chin Med. 2014;34:178-83 pubmed..CQCQD can induce apoptosis and relieve the necrosis of pancreatic acinar cells via promoting the release of mitochondrial cytochrome c and increasing pancreatic caspase-3 activity in ANP rats. ..
- Lu C, Li L, Zhou W, Zhao J, Wang Y, Peng S. Silica nanoparticles and lead acetate co-exposure triggered synergistic cytotoxicity in A549 cells through potentiation of mitochondria-dependent apoptosis induction. Environ Toxicol Pharmacol. 2017;52:114-120 pubmed publisher..Factorial analyses revealed synergistic interactions were responsible for the potentiation of joint apoptotic responses. ..
- Kim T, Park J, Lee J, Lee H. Effects of 1alpha, 25-dihydroxyvitamin D3 on programmed cell death of Ishikawa endometrial cancer cells through ezrin phosphorylation. J Obstet Gynaecol. 2017;37:503-509 pubmed publisher..Further study will be more interesting to address molecular connections or prove this critical optimal concentration range of vitamin D. ..
- Nicholls S, DeVos S, Commins C, Nobuhara C, Bennett R, Corjuc D, et al. Characterization of TauC3 antibody and demonstration of its potential to block tau propagation. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0177914 pubmed publisher..We propose that TauC3 could contribute to the templated tau misfolding that leads to NFT spread in AD brains. ..
- Sun D, Wang L, Zhang P. ANTITUMOR EFFECTS OF CHRYSANTHEMIN IN PC-3 HUMAN PROSTATE CANCER CELLS ARE MEDIATED VIA APOPTOSIS INDUCTION, CASPASE SIGNALLING PATHWAY AND LOSS OF MITOCHONDRIAL MEMBRANE POTENTIAL. Afr J Tradit Complement Altern Med. 2017;14:54-61 pubmed publisher..The study concluded that chrysanthemin ledanticancer effects in PC-3 prostate cancer cells by inducing apoptosis, activating caspasesignaling pathway and loss of mitochondrial membrane potential. ..
- Zhao W, Li X, Wang J, Wang C, Jia Y, Yuan S, et al. Decreasing Eukaryotic Initiation Factor 3C (EIF3C) Suppresses Proliferation and Stimulates Apoptosis in Breast Cancer Cell Lines Through Mammalian Target of Rapamycin (mTOR) Pathway. Med Sci Monit. 2017;23:4182-4191 pubmed..24±0.2307, p<0.01). The mTOR signaling pathway was involved in decreasing EIF3C translational efficiency. CONCLUSIONS Unveiling the mechanisms of EIF3 action in tumorigenesis may help identify attractive targets for cancer therapy. ..
- Zhang J, Zhang H, Deng X, Zhang N, Liu B, Xin S, et al. Baicalin attenuates non-alcoholic steatohepatitis by suppressing key regulators of lipid metabolism, inflammation and fibrosis in mice. Life Sci. 2018;192:46-54 pubmed publisher..These results provide a possible basis of the underlying mechanism for the application of BA in the treatment of NASH. ..
- Gross A, Jockel J, Wei M, Korsmeyer S. Enforced dimerization of BAX results in its translocation, mitochondrial dysfunction and apoptosis. EMBO J. 1998;17:3878-85 pubmed..This conformational change in BAX manifests in its translocation, mitochondrial membrane insertion and homodimerization, and a program of mitochondrial dysfunction that results in cell death. ..
- Lorenz W, Buhrmann C, Mobasheri A, Lueders C, Shakibaei M. Bacterial lipopolysaccharides form procollagen-endotoxin complexes that trigger cartilage inflammation and degeneration: implications for the development of rheumatoid arthritis. Arthritis Res Ther. 2013;15:R111 pubmed..These results suggest that molecular associations between LPS/TLR4/collagen type II in chondrocytes upregulate the NF-?B and PI-3K signaling pathways and activate proinflammatory activity. ..
- Palmeira dos Santos C, Pereira G, Barbosa C, Jurkiewicz A, Smaili S, Bincoletto C. Comparative study of autophagy inhibition by 3MA and CQ on Cytarabine?induced death of leukaemia cells. J Cancer Res Clin Oncol. 2014;140:909-20 pubmed
- Wang F, Yang H, Li Y, Wu W, Zou Z. [Prevention and treatment mechanism of qingxia therapy (based on yinchenhao decoction and dachengqi decoction) on hepatocyte apoptosis in rats with acute hepatic injury induced by lipopolysaccharide/D-galactosamine]. Zhong Yao Cai. 2014;37:848-52 pubmed
- Yan X, Wang L, Yang X, Qiu Y, Tian X, Lv Y, et al. Fluoride induces apoptosis in H9c2 cardiomyocytes via the mitochondrial pathway. Chemosphere. 2017;182:159-165 pubmed publisher..In summary, these data suggest that apoptosis is involved in NaF-induced H9c2 cell toxicity and that activation of the mitochondrial pathway may occur. ..
- Pan L, Zhang Y, Zhao W, Zhou X, Wang C, Deng F. The cardiac glycoside oleandrin induces apoptosis in human colon cancer cells via the mitochondrial pathway. Cancer Chemother Pharmacol. 2017;80:91-100 pubmed publisher..The present results suggest that oleandrin induces apoptosis in human colorectal cancer cells via the mitochondrial pathway. Our findings provide new insight into the mechanism of anti-cancer property of oleandrin. ..
- Le Gac G, Angenard G, Clement B, Laviolle B, Coulouarn C, Beloeil H. Local Anesthetics Inhibit the Growth of Human Hepatocellular Carcinoma Cells. Anesth Analg. 2017;125:1600-1609 pubmed publisher..The data demonstrate that LAs induced profound modifications in gene expression profiles of tumor cells, including modulations in the expression of cell cycle-related genes that result in a cytostatic effect and induction of apoptosis. ..