molecular motor proteins
Summary: Proteins that are involved in or cause CELL MOVEMENT such as the rotary structures (flagellar motor) or the structures whose movement is directed along cytoskeletal filaments (MYOSIN; KINESIN; and DYNEIN motor families).
- Hollenbeck P. Kinesin delivers: identifying receptors for motor proteins. J Cell Biol. 2001;152:F25-8 pubmed
- Nogales E, Grigorieff N. Molecular Machines: putting the pieces together. J Cell Biol. 2001;152:F1-10 pubmed
- Kido J, Shimohata T, Amano S, Hatayama S, Nguyen A, Sato Y, et al. Cystic Fibrosis Transmembrane Conductance Regulator Reduces Microtubule-Dependent Campylobacter jejuni Invasion. Infect Immun. 2017;85: pubmed publisher..We suggest that CFTR plays a critical role in cellular defenses against C. jejuni invasion and that suppression of CFTR may be an initial step in promoting cell invasion during C. jejuni infection. ..
- Desantis M, Cianfrocco M, Htet Z, Tran P, Reck Peterson S, Leschziner A. Lis1 Has Two Opposing Modes of Regulating Cytoplasmic Dynein. Cell. 2017;170:1197-1208.e12 pubmed publisher..The low-affinity state requires Lis1 to also bind to dynein at a novel conserved site, mutation of which disrupts Lis1's function in vivo. We propose a new model for the regulation of dynein by Lis1. ..
- Liao W, Luo X, Zhang X, Chen P, Wu H, Shu W, et al. [Genetic analysis of a pedigree affected with inherited thrombocytopenia caused by a novel mutation of MYH9 gene]. Zhonghua Yi Xue Yi Chuan Xue Za Zhi. 2017;34:352-356 pubmed publisher..The c.5803delG mutation probably underlies the MYH9-related disorders in this pedigree. The mutation has altered the C-end of the tail domain of the NMMHC-IIA protein, resulting in mild clinical symptoms in the affected individuals. ..
- Nirschl J, Ghiretti A, Holzbaur E. The impact of cytoskeletal organization on the local regulation of neuronal transport. Nat Rev Neurosci. 2017;18:585-597 pubmed publisher..The synthesis of these mechanisms provides a sophisticated and responsive transit system for the cell. ..
- Tipping M, Delalez N, Lim R, Berry R, Armitage J. Load-dependent assembly of the bacterial flagellar motor. MBio. 2013;4: pubmed publisher..These new results, in addition to previous data, lead us to hypothesize that the motor stators function as mechanosensors as well as functioning as torque-generating units. ..
- Braun T, Poulson S, Gully J, Empey J, Van Way S, Putnam A, et al. Function of proline residues of MotA in torque generation by the flagellar motor of Escherichia coli. J Bacteriol. 1999;181:3542-51 pubmed..We propose a mechanism for torque generation, in which specific functions are suggested for the proline residues of MotA and Asp32 of MotB. ..
- Cramer L. Myosin VI: roles for a minus end-directed actin motor in cells. J Cell Biol. 2000;150:F121-6 pubmed
- Siletti K. Roop Mallik: From machines to molecular motors. J Cell Biol. 2017;216:852-853 pubmed publisher..Roop Mallik studies how molecular motors and lipids interact to drive intracellular transport. ..
- Iizuka Y, Mooneyham A, Sieben A, Chen K, Maile M, Hellweg R, et al. UNC-45A is required for neurite extension via controlling NMII activation. Mol Biol Cell. 2017;28:1337-1346 pubmed publisher..Collectively our results provide novel insights into the molecular mechanisms of neurite growth and define UNC-45A as a novel and master regulator of NMII-mediated cellular processes in neurons. ..
- Machesky L. The tails of two myosins. J Cell Biol. 2000;148:219-21 pubmed
- Deacon S, Gelfand V. Of yeast, mice, and men. Rab proteins and organelle transport. J Cell Biol. 2001;152:F21-4 pubmed
- Iwase K, Tanaka M, Hirose K, Uyeda T, Honda H. Acceleration of the sliding movement of actin filaments with the use of a non-motile mutant myosin in in vitro motility assays driven by skeletal muscle heavy meromyosin. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0181171 pubmed publisher..We found that the velocity of actin filaments sliding on skeletal muscle myosin molecules increased in the presence of a non-motile G680V mutant myosin motor. ..
- Duret G, Pereira F, Raphael R. Diflunisal inhibits prestin by chloride-dependent mechanism. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0183046 pubmed publisher..The inhibitory effects on hair cell function are noteworthy given the proposed use of diflunisal to treat neurodegenerative diseases. ..
- Xia L, Hai B, Gao Y, Burnette D, Thazhath R, Duan J, et al. Polyglycylation of tubulin is essential and affects cell motility and division in Tetrahymena thermophila. J Cell Biol. 2000;149:1097-106 pubmed
- Yau R, Wong S, Weisman L. Spatial regulation of organelle release from myosin V transport by p21-activated kinases. J Cell Biol. 2017;216:1557-1566 pubmed publisher..Our study reveals a critical step in the spatial regulation of myosin V-dependent organelle transport and may reveal common mechanisms for how molecular motors accurately deposit cargoes at the correct locations. ..
- Zhang K, Foster H, Rondelet A, Lacey S, Bahi Buisson N, Bird A, et al. Cryo-EM Reveals How Human Cytoplasmic Dynein Is Auto-inhibited and Activated. Cell. 2017;169:1303-1314.e18 pubmed publisher..Our model explains how dynactin binding to the dynein-1 tail directly stimulates its motor activity. ..
- Agircan F, Schiebel E, Mardin B. Separate to operate: control of centrosome positioning and separation. Philos Trans R Soc Lond B Biol Sci. 2014;369: pubmed publisher..In this review, we will focus on the mechanisms of centrosome positioning and separation, and describe their functions and mechanisms in the light of recent findings. ..
- Ibrahim Y, Shults N, Rybka V, Suzuki Y. Docetaxel Reverses Pulmonary Vascular Remodeling by Decreasing Autophagy and Resolves Right Ventricular Fibrosis. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2017;363:20-34 pubmed publisher..Thus, docetaxel is capable of reversing pulmonary vascular remodeling and resolving right ventricle fibrosis and is a promising therapeutic agent for the treatment of pulmonary arterial hypertension and right heart failure. ..
- De Vos K, Severin F, Van Herreweghe F, Vancompernolle K, Goossens V, Hyman A, et al. Tumor necrosis factor induces hyperphosphorylation of kinesin light chain and inhibits kinesin-mediated transport of mitochondria. J Cell Biol. 2000;149:1207-14 pubmed..These data provide evidence for direct regulation of kinesin-mediated organelle transport by extracellular stimuli via cytokine receptor signaling pathways. ..
- Robinson C. From molecular chaperones to membrane motors: through the lens of a mass spectrometrist. Biochem Soc Trans. 2017;45:251-260 pubmed publisher..Moreover, in the light of powerful new electron microscopy methods, what role is there now for MS? In considering these questions, I will give my personal view on progress and problems as well as my predictions for future directions. ..
- Yamada M, Tanaka Takiguchi Y, Hayashi M, Nishina M, Goshima G. Multiple kinesin-14 family members drive microtubule minus end-directed transport in plant cells. J Cell Biol. 2017;216:1705-1714 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that kinesin-14 motors were duplicated and developed as alternative MT-based minus end-directed transporters in land plants. ..