Genomes and Genes
Summary: A group of enzymes which catalyze the hydrolysis of ATP. The hydrolysis reaction is usually coupled with another function such as transporting Ca(2+) across a membrane. These enzymes may be dependent on Ca(2+), Mg(2+), anions, H+, or DNA.
Publications106 found, 100 shown here
- Bascos N, Mayer M, Bukau B, Landry S. The Hsp40 J-domain modulates Hsp70 conformation and ATPase activity with a semi-elliptical spring. Protein Sci. 2017;26:1838-1851 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that the functional J-domain acts like a semi-elliptical spring, wherein the resistance to bending upon binding to the Hsp70 ATPase modulates the ATPase domain conformational change and promotes ATP hydrolysis. ..
- Greber B, Nguyen T, Fang J, Afonine P, Adams P, Nogales E. The cryo-electron microscopy structure of human transcription factor IIH. Nature. 2017;549:414-417 pubmed publisher..Additionally, our structure provides insight into the conformational dynamics of TFIIH and the regulation of its activity. ..
- Takahashi Sato K, Murakawa M, Kimura J, Ito M, Matsuoka I. Loss of ectonucleotidases from the coronary vascular bed after ischemia-reperfusion in isolated rat heart. BMC Cardiovasc Disord. 2013;13:53 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that decreased ectonucleotidase activity by ischemia may exacerbate subsequent reperfusion injury, and that levels of circulating ectonucleotidase may reflect the severity of ischemic vascular injury. ..
- Mickolajczyk K, Hancock W. Kinesin Processivity Is Determined by a Kinetic Race from a Vulnerable One-Head-Bound State. Biophys J. 2017;112:2615-2623 pubmed publisher..Overall, our results provide a kinetic framework for explaining kinesin processivity and for mapping structural differences to functional differences in diverse kinesin isoforms. ..
- Green H. Mechanisms of muscle fatigue in intense exercise. J Sports Sci. 1997;15:247-56 pubmed
- Yu C, Dolgova N, Dmitriev O. Dynamics of the metal binding domains and regulation of the human copper transporters ATP7B and ATP7A. IUBMB Life. 2017;69:226-235 pubmed publisher..2016 IUBMB Life, 69(4):226-235, 2017. ..
- Goode K, Petrov D, Vickman R, Crist S, Pascuzzi P, Ratliff T, et al. Targeting the Hsp90 C-terminal domain to induce allosteric inhibition and selective client downregulation. Biochim Biophys Acta Gen Subj. 2017;1861:1992-2006 pubmed publisher..Allosteric inhibition of Hsp90 via a mechanism used by the NSC145366-based probes is a promising avenue for selective oncogenic client downregulation. ..
- Krah A, Kato Yamada Y, Takada S. The structural basis of a high affinity ATP binding ? subunit from a bacterial ATP synthase. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0177907 pubmed publisher..The inferred structural basis of the high affinity mutant may help to design novel nucleotide sensors based on the ? subunit from bacterial ATP synthases. ..
- Aoyama J, Nariai T, Mukawa M, Inaji M, Tanaka Y, Maehara T. Case of Familial Moyamoya Disease Presenting 10 Years After Initial Negative Magnetic Resonance Screening in Childhood. World Neurosurg. 2017;105:1035.e1-1035.e4 pubmed publisher..We must carefully consider when, how, and for whom screening for moyamoya disease should be performed, taking into account familial history of the disease. ..
- Yi Z, Yuan Z. Aggregation of a hepatitis C virus replicase module induced by ablation of p97/VCP. J Gen Virol. 2017;98:1667-1678 pubmed publisher..The reduction of the hyperphosphorylation of NS5A coincided with the aggregation of NS5A. We propose that HCV may co-opt VCP to disaggregate an aggregation-prone replicase module to facilitate its replicase assembly. ..
- Martin T, Edgerton V, Grindeland R. Influence of spaceflight on rat skeletal muscle. J Appl Physiol (1985). 1988;65:2318-25 pubmed..Based on a metabolic profile of ATPase, SDH, and GPD, there was an increase in the proportion of fast oxidative-glycolytic fibers in some muscles. ..
- Ariano M, Armstrong R, Edgerton V. Hindlimb muscle fiber populations of five mammals. J Histochem Cytochem. 1973;21:51-5 pubmed
- Degens H, Ringnalda B, Hoofd L. Capillarisation, fibre types and myoglobin content of the dog gracilis muscle. Adv Exp Med Biol. 1994;361:533-9 pubmed
- Ohshita K, Fukui K, Sato M, Morisawa T, Hakumai Y, Morono Y, et al. Archaeal MutS5 tightly binds to Holliday junction similarly to eukaryotic MutS?. FEBS J. 2017;284:3470-3483 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that archaeal MutS5 should stabilize the Holliday junction and play a role in homologous recombination, which is analogous to the function of eukaryotic MutS?. ..
- Harris H, Epstein H. Myosin and paramyosin of Caenorhabditis elegans: biochemical and structural properties of wild-type and mutant proteins. Cell. 1977;10:709-19 pubmed..These myosins of these results are discussed in terms of the myosin heavy chain composition. ..
- Ohira Y, Jiang B, Roy R, Oganov V, Ilyina Kakueva E, Marini J, et al. Rat soleus muscle fiber responses to 14 days of spaceflight and hindlimb suspension. J Appl Physiol (1985). 1992;73:51S-57S pubmed..abstract truncated at 250 words) ..
- Wawrzynow A, Banecki B, Zylicz M. The Clp ATPases define a novel class of molecular chaperones. Mol Microbiol. 1996;21:895-9 pubmed..A mechanism is suggested to explain how the Clp ATPases 'decide' whether to repair or destroy their protein substrates. ..
- Ochem A, Skopac D, Costa M, Rabilloud T, Vuillard L, Simoncsits A, et al. Functional properties of the separate subunits of human DNA helicase II/Ku autoantigen. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:29919-26 pubmed..The three separate species (heterodimer, 70-kDa subunit, and 83-kDa subunit homodimer) all have ssDNA-dependent ATPase activity. ..
- Ren H, Dang X, Cai X, Yu P, Li Y, Zhang S, et al. Spatio-temporal orientation of microtubules controls conical cell shape in Arabidopsis thaliana petals. PLoS Genet. 2017;13:e1006851 pubmed publisher..Together, our results provide a novel imaging approach for studying petal conical cell morphogenesis and suggest that the spatio-temporal organization of microtubule arrays plays crucial roles in controlling conical cell shape. ..
- Ladomersky E, Khan A, Shanbhag V, Cavet J, Chan J, Weisman G, et al. Host and Pathogen Copper-Transporting P-Type ATPases Function Antagonistically during Salmonella Infection. Infect Immun. 2017;85: pubmed publisher..These findings reveal unique and opposing functions for copper transporters of the host and pathogen during infection. ..
- Moy J, Khoutorsky A, Asiedu M, Black B, Kuhn J, Barragán Iglesias P, et al. The MNK-eIF4E Signaling Axis Contributes to Injury-Induced Nociceptive Plasticity and the Development of Chronic Pain. J Neurosci. 2017;37:7481-7499 pubmed publisher..We reveal a new mechanistic target for the development of a chronic pain state and propose that targeting the upstream kinase, MAPK interacting kinase 1/2, could be used as a therapeutic approach for chronic pain. ..
- Khalili Yazdi A, Namjoshi S, Hackett J, Ghonaim N, Shilton B. Characterization of a polypeptide-binding site in the DEAD Motor of the SecA ATPase. FEBS Lett. 2017;591:3378-3390 pubmed publisher..This study shows that there is a promiscuous and nucleotide-modulated peptide-binding site in the DEAD Motor domains of SecA. ..
- Govindarajan S, Amster Choder O. The bacterial Sec system is required for the organization and function of the MreB cytoskeleton. PLoS Genet. 2017;13:e1007017 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our data reveal that the secretion system plays an important role in determining the organization and functioning of the cytoskeletal system in bacteria. ..
- Burke R, Levine D, Zajac F. Mammalian motor units: physiological-histochemical correlation in three types in cat gastrocnemius. Science. 1971;174:709-12 pubmed..Within each individual motor unit, the muscle fibers were histochemically uniform. ..
- Eisenberg E, Kielley W. Troponin-tropomyosin complex. Column chromatographic separation and activity of the three, active troponin components with and without tropomyosin present. J Biol Chem. 1974;249:4742-8 pubmed
- Bhatt K, Banerjee S, Chakraborti P. Evidence that phosphate specific transporter is amplified in a fluoroquinolone resistant Mycobacterium smegmatis. Eur J Biochem. 2000;267:4028-32 pubmed..These findings suggest a novel role of the Pst system in active efflux, in addition to its involvement in phosphate transport. ..
- Titorenko V, Rachubinski R. Peroxisomal membrane fusion requires two AAA family ATPases, Pex1p and Pex6p. J Cell Biol. 2000;150:881-6 pubmed..The next step, peroxisome docking, requires release of Pex1p from one partner. Subsequent fusion of the peroxisomal membranes is independent of both Pex1p and Pex6p. ..
- Chatzi K, Sardis M, Tsirigotaki A, Koukaki M, Sostaric N, Konijnenberg A, et al. Preprotein mature domains contain translocase targeting signals that are essential for secretion. J Cell Biol. 2017;216:1357-1369 pubmed publisher..Both the preprotein MTSs and their receptor site on SecA are essential for protein secretion. Evidently, mature domains have their own previously unsuspected distinct roles in preprotein targeting and secretion. ..
- Lyu Y, Fu L, Qian Y, Jiang M, He L, Ouyang A, et al. [Mechanism of heart and lung injury induced by cerebral ischemia/reperfusion in both young and old mice]. Xi Bao Yu Fen Zi Mian Yi Xue Za Zhi. 2017;33:800-806 pubmed..Conclusion Cerebral ischemia/reperfusion can cause heart and lung tissue injury in the old mice, and energy metabolism and inflammation cascade are the main mechanisms of the injury. ..
- Stiegler S, Rübbelke M, Korotkov V, Weiwad M, John C, Fischer G, et al. A chemical compound inhibiting the Aha1-Hsp90 chaperone complex. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:17073-17083 pubmed publisher..This concept may also hold true for other co-chaperones of Hsp90. ..
- Wang J, Blevins T, Podicheti R, Haag J, Tan E, Wang F, et al. Mutation of Arabidopsis SMC4 identifies condensin as a corepressor of pericentromeric transposons and conditionally expressed genes. Genes Dev. 2017;31:1601-1614 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our genome-wide analyses implicate condensin in the suppression of hundreds of loci, acting in both DNA methylation-dependent and methylation-independent pathways. ..
- Tchasovnikarova I, Timms R, Douse C, Roberts R, Dougan G, Kingston R, et al. Hyperactivation of HUSH complex function by Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease mutation in MORC2. Nat Genet. 2017;49:1035-1044 pubmed publisher..These data define a critical role for MORC2 in epigenetic silencing by the HUSH complex and provide a mechanistic basis underpinning the role of MORC2 mutations in CMT disease. ..
- Spudich J, Watt S. The regulation of rabbit skeletal muscle contraction. I. Biochemical studies of the interaction of the tropomyosin-troponin complex with actin and the proteolytic fragments of myosin. J Biol Chem. 1971;246:4866-71 pubmed
- Wohlever M, Mateja A, McGilvray P, Day K, Keenan R. Msp1 Is a Membrane Protein Dislocase for Tail-Anchored Proteins. Mol Cell. 2017;67:194-202.e6 pubmed publisher..Together, these data provide a molecular framework for Msp1-dependent extraction of mislocalized TA proteins from the outer mitochondrial membrane. ..
- Ho C, Tsai S. Functional and biochemical characterization of a T cell-associated anti-apoptotic protein, GIMAP6. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:9305-9319 pubmed publisher..Combining the expression data, biochemical properties, and cellular features, we conclude that GIMAP6 plays a role in modulating immune function and that it does this by controlling cell death and the activation of T cells. ..
- Brahms A, Mudhasani R, Pinkham C, Kota K, Nasar F, Zamani R, et al. Sorafenib Impedes Rift Valley Fever Virus Egress by Inhibiting Valosin-Containing Protein Function in the Cellular Secretory Pathway. J Virol. 2017;91: pubmed publisher..The significance of our research is in identifying the cellular target of sorafenib that inhibits RVFV propagation, so that this information can be used as a tool for the further development of therapeutics used to treat RVFV infection. ..
- Brady S, Pfister K, Bloom G. A monoclonal antibody against kinesin inhibits both anterograde and retrograde fast axonal transport in squid axoplasm. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1990;87:1061-5 pubmed..Moreover, the inhibition of bidirectional axonal transport by H2 raises the possibility that kinesin may play some role in both anterograde and retrograde axonal transport. ..
- Beauvoit B, Rigoulet M, Raffard G, Canioni P, Guerin B. Differential sensitivity of the cellular compartments of Saccharomyces cerevisiae to protonophoric uncoupler under fermentative and respiratory energy supply. Biochemistry. 1991;30:11212-20 pubmed..The maintenance of the delta pH across the plasma membrane, that of the energetic state, and the cellular TPP+ uptake depend on the nature of the ATP-producing process.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS) ..
- Nakaoka H, Wakamoto Y. Aging, mortality, and the fast growth trade-off of Schizosaccharomyces pombe. PLoS Biol. 2017;15:e2001109 pubmed publisher..pombe and thus cannot be an appropriate molecular marker or index for replicative aging under both favorable and stressful environmental conditions. ..
- Stach L, Freemont P. The AAA+ ATPase p97, a cellular multitool. Biochem J. 2017;474:2953-2976 pubmed publisher..In this review, we will describe the cellular processes governed by p97, how the cofactors interact with both p97 and its ubiquitinated substrates, p97 enzymology and the current status in developing p97 inhibitors for cancer therapy. ..
- Weidberg H, Amon A. MitoCPR-A surveillance pathway that protects mitochondria in response to protein import stress. Science. 2018;360: pubmed publisher..mitoCPR was required for maintaining mitochondrial functions when protein import was compromised, demonstrating the importance of mitoCPR in protecting the mitochondrial compartment. ..
- Baldwin K, Herrick R, Ilyina Kakueva E, Oganov V. Effects of zero gravity on myofibril content and isomyosin distribution in rodent skeletal muscle. FASEB J. 1990;4:79-83 pubmed
- Riley D, Slocum G, Bain J, Sedlak F, Sowa T, Mellender J. Rat hindlimb unloading: soleus histochemistry, ultrastructure, and electromyography. J Appl Physiol (1985). 1990;69:58-66 pubmed..These findings indicate that the atrophy and pathological changes result from unloaded contractions, reduced use, compromised blood flow, and shortened working length. ..
- Keller R, Snel M, De Kruijff B, Marsh D. SecA restricts, in a nucleotide-dependent manner, acyl chain mobility up to the center of a phospholipid bilayer. FEBS Lett. 1995;358:251-4 pubmed..The implications of these findings for translocation of precursor proteins across the E. coli inner membrane are discussed. ..
- Ryu H, Ahn S. Yeast histone H3 lysine 4 demethylase Jhd2 regulates mitotic rDNA condensation. BMC Biol. 2014;12:75 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that Jhd2-mediated alleviation of excessive Csm1/Lrs4 or condensin at the NTS1 region of rDNA is required for the integrity of rDNA repeats and proper rDNA silencing during mitosis. ..
- Tuteja N, Tarique M, Tuteja R. Rice SUV3 is a bidirectional helicase that binds both DNA and RNA. BMC Plant Biol. 2014;14:283 pubmed publisher..These results should make significant contribution towards better understanding of SUV3 protein in plants. ..
- Yegutkin G, Bodin P, Burnstock G. Effect of shear stress on the release of soluble ecto-enzymes ATPase and 5'-nucleotidase along with endogenous ATP from vascular endothelial cells. Br J Pharmacol. 2000;129:921-6 pubmed..These results show that soluble ATPase and 5'-nucleotidase which are released during shear stress are not released from an intracellular compartment together with ATP but have an extracellular origin. ..
- Guan X, Zong Z, Chen S, Sang X, Wu D, Wang L, et al. The role of miR-372 in ovarian carcinoma cell proliferation. Gene. 2017;624:14-20 pubmed publisher..Our findings indicate that miR-372 has a prominent role in inhibiting tumor growth and it is a valuable target for ovarian cancer therapy. ..
- Komatsu H, Koseki Y, Kanno T, Aoki S, Kodama T. 2,3-Butandione 2-monoxime inhibits skeletal myosin II by accelerating ATP cleavage. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;490:849-854 pubmed publisher..This is the first study suggesting that oxime provides catalytic assistance for ATP cleavage by an ATP-hydrolyzing enzyme. ..
- Burr R, Ribbens D, Raychaudhuri S, Stewart E, Ho J, Espenshade P. Dsc E3 ligase localization to the Golgi requires the ATPase Cdc48 and cofactor Ufd1 for activation of sterol regulatory element-binding protein in fission yeast. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:16333-16350 pubmed publisher..Together, these findings demonstrate that two distinct Cdc48 complexes, Cdc48-Ufd1 and Cdc48-Rbd2, are required for SREBP activation and low-oxygen adaptation in S. pombe. ..
- Kranz A, Jiao C, Winterkorn L, Albritton S, Kramer M, Ercan S. Genome-wide analysis of condensin binding in Caenorhabditis elegans. Genome Biol. 2013;14:R112 pubmed..Our results provide the first genome-wide view of metazoan condensin II binding in interphase, define putative recruitment motifs, and illustrate shared loading mechanisms for condensin I(DC) and condensin II. ..
- Losh J, King A, Bakelar J, Taylor L, Loomis J, Rosenzweig J, et al. Interaction between the RNA-dependent ATPase and poly(A) polymerase subunits of the TRAMP complex is mediated by short peptides and important for snoRNA processing. Nucleic Acids Res. 2015;43:1848-58 pubmed..Here, we identify an important interaction site between Mtr4 and Trf5, and show that disrupting the Mtr4/Trf interaction disrupts specific TRAMP and exosome functions, including snoRNA processing. ..
- Morimoto T, Mineharu Y, Ono K, Nakatochi M, Ichihara S, Kabata R, et al. Significant association of RNF213 p.R4810K, a moyamoya susceptibility variant, with coronary artery disease. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0175649 pubmed publisher..82; 95% confidence interval: 0.87-16.77; p = 0.076). The RNF213 p.R4810K variant appears to be significantly associated with coronary artery disease in the Japanese population. ..
- Sher J, Cardasis C. Skeletal muscle fiber types in the adult mouse. Acta Neurol Scand. 1976;54:45-56 pubmed..This is consistent with the fact that the gastrocnemius is generally considered a white, fast muscle. The IIB and I fibers are fewer in number and are located deeper in the muscle. ..
- Hastillo A, Poland J, Hess M. Mechanical and subcellular function of rat myocardium during chronic ethanol consumption. Proc Soc Exp Biol Med. 1980;164:415-20 pubmed
- Rechkemmer G, Frizzell R, Halm D. Active potassium transport across guinea-pig distal colon: action of secretagogues. J Physiol. 1996;493 ( Pt 2):485-502 pubmed..In particular, maximal rates of K+ secretory current require uptake via apical membrane K+ pumps. Such interrelations support a common cellular locus for these ion transport pathways. ..
- Sigruener A, Wolfrum C, Boettcher A, Kopf T, Liebisch G, Orso E, et al. Lipidomic and metabolic changes in the P4-type ATPase ATP10D deficient C57BL/6J wild type mice upon rescue of ATP10D function. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0178368 pubmed publisher..ATP10D transgenic mice showed altered hepatic expression of lipid-metabolism associated genes, including Scd1, along with changes in hepatic and plasma lipid species and plasma lipoprotein pattern. ..
- Döring K, Ahmed N, Riemer T, Suresh H, Vainshtein Y, Habich M, et al. Profiling Ssb-Nascent Chain Interactions Reveals Principles of Hsp70-Assisted Folding. Cell. 2017;170:298-311.e20 pubmed publisher..Ssb thus employs substrate-tailored dynamic nascent chain associations to coordinate co-translational protein folding, facilitate accelerated translation, and support membrane targeting of organellar proteins. ..
- Walsh J, Angstmann C, Duggin I, Curmi P. Non-linear Min protein interactions generate harmonics that signal mid-cell division in Escherichia coli. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0185947 pubmed publisher..These results show that non-linear interactions of Min proteins are essential for producing the mid-cell positioning signal via the generation of second-order harmonic components in the time-dependent spatial protein distribution. ..
- Breukink E, Keller R, De Kruijff B. Nucleotide and negatively charged lipid-dependent vesicle aggregation caused by SecA. Evidence that SecA contains two lipid-binding sites. FEBS Lett. 1993;331:19-24 pubmed..From our results we propose that the SecA monomer possesses two lipid-binding sites which in the functional dimer conformation are responsible for the SecA-mediated vesicle aggregation. ..
- Park M, Shin J, Lee S, Park H, Park K. RNF213 rs112735431 polymorphism in intracranial artery steno-occlusive disease and moyamoya disease in Koreans. J Neurol Sci. 2017;375:331-334 pubmed publisher..Further studies are needed to clarify the relationship between the rs112735431 polymorphism of the RNF213 and hypertension in patients with MMD. ..
- Nariman Saleh Fam Z, Bastami M, Somi M, Behjati F, Mansoori Y, Daraei A, et al. miRNA-Related Polymorphisms in miR-423 (rs6505162) and PEX6 (rs1129186) and Risk of Esophageal Squamous Cell Carcinoma in an Iranian Cohort. Genet Test Mol Biomarkers. 2017;21:382-390 pubmed publisher..This study identified the first evidence of an association of a miRNA-related variant with risk of ESCC in an Iranian cohort. PEX6 rs1129186 may not modulate the risk of ESCC in the cohort. ..
- Tanizawa H, Kim K, Iwasaki O, Noma K. Architectural alterations of the fission yeast genome during the cell cycle. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2017;24:965-976 pubmed publisher..Our study describes the chromosomal oscillation between the formation and decay phases of the large and small domains, and we predict that the condensin-mediated domains serve as chromosomal compaction units...
- Cooke R, Franks K, Luciani G, Pate E. The inhibition of rabbit skeletal muscle contraction by hydrogen ions and phosphate. J Physiol. 1988;395:77-97 pubmed
- Mahanna D, Fitch C, Fischer V. Effects of beta-guanidinopropionic acid on murine skeletal muscle. Exp Neurol. 1980;68:114-21 pubmed
- Betz P. Histological and enzyme histochemical parameters for the age estimation of human skin wounds. Int J Legal Med. 1994;107:60-8 pubmed..Therefore, the detection of reactive changes is useful for a wound age estimation whereas negative findings, which in general must be interpreted with caution, can provide information only in a limited number of histological parameters. ..
- Miller B, Zulauf K, Braunstein M. The Sec Pathways and Exportomes of Mycobacterium tuberculosis. Microbiol Spectr. 2017;5: pubmed publisher..We focus on proteins with established functions in M. tuberculosis pathogenesis and proteins that suggest potential roles for SecA1 and SecA2 in M. tuberculosis dormancy. ..
- Guhathakurta P, Prochniewicz E, Roopnarine O, Rohde J, Thomas D. A Cardiomyopathy Mutation in the Myosin Essential Light Chain Alters Actomyosin Structure. Biophys J. 2017;113:91-100 pubmed publisher..We propose that this effect is responsible for the hypercontractile phenotype induced by this HCM mutation in myosin. ..
- Larsson L, Li X, Frontera W. Effects of aging on shortening velocity and myosin isoform composition in single human skeletal muscle cells. Am J Physiol. 1997;272:C638-49 pubmed..Thus the present results provide evidence of qualitative changes in contractile properties of human skeletal muscle in old age, which probably play an important role in the age-related impairment of skeletal muscle function. ..
- Wagner G, Singhal N, Nicetto D, Straub T, Kremmer E, Rupp R. Brg1 chromatin remodeling ATPase balances germ layer patterning by amplifying the transcriptional burst at midblastula transition. PLoS Genet. 2017;13:e1006757 pubmed publisher..Since this group contains many key developmental regulators, we propose Brg1 to be responsible for raising their expression above threshold levels in preparation for embryonic patterning. ..
- Margossian S, Lowey S. Interaction of myosin subfragments with F-actin. Biochemistry. 1978;17:5431-9 pubmed..The small difference in binding energy between HMM and S1 suggests that either only one head can bind strongly to actin at a time or that free energy is lost during the sterically unfavorable attachment of the two heads to actin. ..
- Li Z, Wang Y, Xu M, Jiang T. Crystal structures of the UBX domain of human UBXD7 and its complex with p97 ATPase. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;486:94-100 pubmed publisher..Interestingly, UBXD7 may have a cooperative effect on p97 interaction with UFD1. Together, these results provide structural and biochemical insights into the interaction between p97NTD and UBXD7UBX. ..
- Ganesh R, Suresh N, Vasanthi T, Sathiyasekaran M, Thulasiraman R. A 6-year-old boy with Wilson disease-A diagnostic dilemma. Indian J Gastroenterol. 2017;36:149-154 pubmed publisher..We report a clinicopathological conference of this boy to highlight the challenges faced by pediatricians in the diagnosis of Wilson disease. ?. ..
- Nie M, Moser B, Nakamura T, Boddy M. SUMO-targeted ubiquitin ligase activity can either suppress or promote genome instability, depending on the nature of the DNA lesion. PLoS Genet. 2017;13:e1006776 pubmed publisher..In summary, depending on the nature of the initiating DNA lesion, STUbL activity can either be beneficial or harmful. ..