Genomes and Genes
Summary: Enzymes that remove UBIQUITIN from a protein substrate, including POLYUBIQUITIN, or from other molecules.
- Kwon K, Oh S, Kim Y, Han T, Ahn J. Cooperative inhibition of RIP1-mediated NF-?B signaling by cytomegalovirus-encoded deubiquitinase and inactive homolog of cellular ribonucleotide reductase large subunit. PLoS Pathog. 2017;13:e1006423 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our data demonstrate that cytomegalovirus-encoded DUB and inactive R1 homolog target RIP1 and cooperatively inhibit RIP1-mediated NF-?B signaling at the late stages of HCMV infection. ..
- Kampmeyer C, Karakostova A, Schenstrøm S, Abildgaard A, Lauridsen A, Jourdain I, et al. The exocyst subunit Sec3 is regulated by a protein quality control pathway. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:15240-15253 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our results suggest that a cytosolic protein quality control pathway monitors folding and proteasome-dependent turnover of an exocyst subunit and, thereby, controls exocytosis in fission yeast. ..
- Puvar K, Zhou Y, Qiu J, Luo Z, Wirth M, Das C. Ubiquitin Chains Modified by the Bacterial Ligase SdeA Are Protected from Deubiquitinase Hydrolysis. Biochemistry. 2017;56:4762-4766 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, this renders the ubiquitin chains unable to be processed by a variety of deubiquitinating enzymes. These observations broaden the scope of SdeA's modulatory functions during Legionella infection.
- Dyson O, Pagano J, Whitehurst C. The Translesion Polymerase Pol ? Is Required for Efficient Epstein-Barr Virus Infectivity and Is Regulated by the Viral Deubiquitinating Enzyme BPLF1. J Virol. 2017;91: pubmed publisher..These findings help to establish how EBV enlists and manipulates cellular DNA repair factors during the viral lytic cycle, contributing to efficient infectious virion production. ..
- de Poot S, Tian G, Finley D. Meddling with Fate: The Proteasomal Deubiquitinating Enzymes. J Mol Biol. 2017;429:3525-3545 pubmed publisherThree deubiquitinating enzymes-Rpn11, Usp14, and Uch37-are associated with the proteasome regulatory particle...
- Gersch M, Gladkova C, Schubert A, Michel M, Maslen S, Komander D. Mechanism and regulation of the Lys6-selective deubiquitinase USP30. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2017;24:920-930 pubmed publisher..Our work provides insights into the architecture, activity and regulation of USP30, which will aid drug design against this and related enzymes. ..
- Li X, Seidel C, Szerszen L, Lange J, Workman J, Abmayr S. Enzymatic modules of the SAGA chromatin-modifying complex play distinct roles in Drosophila gene expression and development. Genes Dev. 2017;31:1588-1600 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, we found that the DUB module can bind to chromatin and regulate transcription independently of the HAT module. Our results suggest that the DUB module has functions within SAGA and independent functions. ..
- Mevissen T, Komander D. Mechanisms of Deubiquitinase Specificity and Regulation. Annu Rev Biochem. 2017;86:159-192 pubmed publisher..We further discuss the many mechanisms of DUB regulation with a focus on those that modulate catalytic activity. Our review provides a framework to tackle lingering questions in DUB biology. ..
- Mazurkiewicz M, Hillert E, Wang X, Pellegrini P, Olofsson M, Selvaraju K, et al. Acute lymphoblastic leukemia cells are sensitive to disturbances in protein homeostasis induced by proteasome deubiquitinase inhibition. Oncotarget. 2017;8:21115-21127 pubmed publisher..We conclude that ALL cells are highly sensitive to the proteasome DUB inhibitor VLX1570 suggesting a novel therapeutic option for this disease. ..