cytochrome p450 family 2
Summary: A cytochrome P450 enzyme family that includes members which function in the metabolism of STEROIDS; COUMARINS; and NICOTINE.
- Hashimoto R, Joshi S, Jiang H, Capdevila J, McMurtry I, Laniado Schwartzman M, et al. Cyp2c44 gene disruption is associated with increased hematopoietic stem cells: implication in chronic hypoxia-induced pulmonary hypertension. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2017;313:H293-H303 pubmed publisher..These stem cells give rise to increased circulating monocytes and macrophages and contribute to the pathogenesis of chronic hypoxia-induced pulmonary artery remodeling and hypertension. ..
- Ducassou L, Dhers L, Jonasson G, Pietrancosta N, Boucher J, Mansuy D, et al. Membrane-bound human orphan cytochrome P450 2U1: Sequence singularities, construction of a full 3D model, and substrate docking. Biochimie. 2017;140:166-175 pubmed publisher..This model should be useful to find new endogenous or exogenous CYP2U1 substrates and to interpret the regioselectivity of their hydroxylation. ..
- Manousaki D, Dudding T, Haworth S, Hsu Y, Liu C, Medina GÃ³mez C, et al. Low-Frequency Synonymous Coding Variation in CYP2R1 Has Large Effects on Vitamin D Levels and Risk of Multiple Sclerosis. Am J Hum Genet. 2017;101:227-238 pubmed publisher..InÂ conclusion, we describe a low-frequency CYP2R1 coding variant that exerts the largest effect upon 25OHD levels identified to date in the general European population and implicates vitamin D in the etiology of multiple sclerosis. ..
- Andersen M, Cruzan G, Black M, Pendse S, Dodd D, Bus J, et al. Assessing molecular initiating events (MIEs), key events (KEs) and modulating factors (MFs) for styrene responses in mouse lungs using whole genome gene expression profiling following 1-day and multi-week exposures. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2017;335:28-40 pubmed publisher..We found no gene expression changes indicative of cytotoxicity or activation of p53-mediated DNA-damage pathways. ..
- Noordam R, de Craen A, Pedram P, Maier A, Mooijaart S, van Pelt J, et al. Levels of 25-hydroxyvitamin D in familial longevity: the Leiden Longevity Study. CMAJ. 2012;184:E963-8 pubmed publisher..These results cast doubt on the causal nature of previously reported associations between low levels of vitamin D and age-related diseases and mortality. ..
- Ding Y, Zhang H, Li X, Li C, Chen G, Chen H, et al. Safety, pharmacokinetics and pharmacogenetics of a single ascending dose of pradefovir, a novel liver-targeting, anti-hepatitis B virus drug, in healthy Chinese subjects. Hepatol Int. 2017;11:390-400 pubmed publisher..The single oral dose of pradefovir 10-120 mg was well tolerated. SNPs may be associated with variable rates of adverse events. CTR20140341. ..
- Moon R, Harvey N, Cooper C, D Angelo S, Curtis E, Crozier S, et al. Response to Antenatal Cholecalciferol Supplementation Is Associated With Common Vitamin D-Related Genetic Variants. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2017;102:2941-2949 pubmed publisher..In contrast, the response to antenatal cholecalciferol supplementation was associated with SNPs in CYP2R1, which may alter 25-hydroxylase activity, and GC, which may affect vitamin D binding protein synthesis or metabolite affinity. ..
- Li L, Carratt S, Hartog M, Kovalchik N, Jia K, Wang Y, et al. Human CYP2A13 and CYP2F1 Mediate Naphthalene Toxicity in the Lung and Nasal Mucosa of CYP2A13/2F1-Humanized Mice. Environ Health Perspect. 2017;125:067004 pubmed publisher..CYP2F1 is an active enzyme. Both CYP2A13 and CYP2F1 are active toward NA in the CYP2A13/2F1-humanized mice, where they play significant roles in NA-induced respiratory tract toxicity. https://doi.org/10.1289/EHP844. ..
- Petersen R, Larsen L, Damsgaard C, Sørensen L, Hjorth M, Andersen R, et al. Common genetic variants are associated with lower serum 25-hydroxyvitamin D concentrations across the year among children at northern latitudes. Br J Nutr. 2017;117:829-838 pubmed publisher..Potentially due to modified serum 25(OH)D response to UVB sunlight exposure. Further confirmation and paediatric studies investigating vitamin D-related health outcomes of these genotypic differences are needed. ..