Genomes and Genes
multicenter studies as topic
Summary: Works about controlled studies which are planned and carried out by several cooperating institutions to assess certain variables and outcomes in specific patient populations, for example, a multicenter study of congenital anomalies in children.
- Pérez Gómez M, Ortiz Arduan A, Lorenzo Sellares V. Vitamin D and proteinuria: a critical review of molecular bases and clinical experience. Nefrologia. 2013;33:716-26 pubmed publisher..Two Spanish clinical trials and one Italian trial attempted to determine the effect of paricalcitol and vitamin D on residual proteinuria in various clinical circumstances (PALIFE, NEFROVID and PROCEED). ..
- . The role of Community Advisory Boards (CABs) in Project Eban. J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr. 2008;49 Suppl 1:S68-74 pubmed publisher..This article highlights the importance of CABs in the conduct of HIV multisite clinical trials and their roles in making the study culturally congruent to meet the needs of the black community in dealing with the HIV epidemic. ..
- Okazaki S, Stintzing S, Sunakawa Y, Cao S, Zhang W, Yang D, et al. Predictive value of TLR7 polymorphism for cetuximab-based chemotherapy in patients with metastatic colorectal cancer. Int J Cancer. 2017;141:1222-1230 pubmed publisher..04, p?=?0.005, multivariate: HR 2.02, 95% CI: 1.14-3.55, p?=?0.015). This association was not observed in the control cohort. Our findings suggest that TLR7 rs3853839 predicts the outcome of cetuximab-based chemotherapy in mCRC patients. ..
- Agashe C, Chiang D, Grishin A, Masilamani M, Jones S, Wood R, et al. Impact of granulocyte contamination on PBMC integrity of shipped blood samples: Implications for multi-center studies monitoring regulatory T cells. J Immunol Methods. 2017;449:23-27 pubmed publisher..Routine incorporation of a granulocyte depletion step during PBMC isolation is recommended prior to downstream immune monitoring in blood with next-day processing. ..
- Graves P, Kabesch M, Halonen M, Holberg C, Baldini M, Fritzsch C, et al. A cluster of seven tightly linked polymorphisms in the IL-13 gene is associated with total serum IgE levels in three populations of white children. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2000;105:506-13 pubmed..These data suggest that the Arg130Gln polymorphism in IL-13, or others in close linkage with it, is associated with the development of the elevated serum IgE phenotype. ..
- Demaerschalk B, Brown R, Roubin G, Howard V, Cesko E, Barrett K, et al. Factors Associated With Time to Site Activation, Randomization, and Enrollment Performance in a Stroke Prevention Trial. Stroke. 2017;48:2511-2518 pubmed publisher..Overall, selection of sites with high enrollment rates will likely require customization to align the sites selected to the factor under study in the trial. URL: http://www.clinicaltrials.gov. Unique identifier: NCT02089217. ..
- Sevilla Cazes J, Finkleman B, Chen J, Brensinger C, Epstein A, Streiff M, et al. Association Between Patient-Reported Medication Adherence and Anticoagulation Control. Am J Med. 2017;130:1092-1098.e2 pubmed publisher..Clinicians may gain additional insight into patients' medication adherence by incorporating this information into patient management. ..
- John W, Little R, Sacks D, Weykamp C, Lenters Westra E, Hornsby T, et al. Multicentre evaluation of the Premier Hb9210 HbA1c analyser. Clin Chem Lab Med. 2015;53:319-27 pubmed publisher..Overall the Hb9210 performs well across the whole analytical range. The Hb9210 performs well and is suitable for clinical application in the analysis of HbA1c. ..
- Mill J, Pinto K, Griep R, Goulart A, Foppa M, Lotufo P, et al. [Medical assessments and measurements in ELSA-Brasil]. Rev Saude Publica. 2013;47 Suppl 2:54-62 pubmed..The inclusion of younger individuals and a variety of assessments make the ELSA-Brasil a relevant epidemiology study nationwide and worldwide. ..
- Richardson P, Roy A, Acharyya S, Panneerselvam A, Mendelson E, Gunther A, et al. Treatment-free interval as a metric of patient experience and a health outcome of value for advanced multiple myeloma: the case for the histone deacetylase inhibitor panobinostat, a next-generation novel agent. Expert Rev Hematol. 2017;10:933-939 pubmed publisher..TFI has not been traditionally measured in clinical trials, but should be assessed in prospective data collection given its value to payers, providers, and patients. ..
- Pollack M, Ruttimann U, Getson P. Pediatric risk of mortality (PRISM) score. Crit Care Med. 1988;16:1110-6 pubmed..25), respiratory disease patients (chi 2(5) = 5.82; p greater than .25), and neurologic disease patients (chi 2(5) = 7.15; p greater than .10). ROC analysis also demonstrated excellent predictor performance (area index = 0.92 +/- 0.02). ..
- . The exon 13 duplication in the BRCA1 gene is a founder mutation present in geographically diverse populations. The BRCA1 Exon 13 Duplication Screening Group. Am J Hum Genet. 2000;67:207-12 pubmed
- Drusano G, Lode H, Edwards J. Meropenem: clinical response in relation to in vitro susceptibility. Clin Microbiol Infect. 2000;6:185-94 pubmed..25 and < or = 0.5 mg/L, respectively. Meropenem monotherapy is therefore a valid option for the initial empirical treatment of a range of serious infections caused by single or multiple bacterial pathogens. ..
- . COSSACS (Continue or Stop post-Stroke Antihypertensives Collaborative Study): rationale and design. J Hypertens. 2005;23:455-8 pubmed..Secondary outcomes include blood pressure changes, and neurological and functional status at 2 weeks and 6 months post-ictus. ..
- Bhangu A, Fitzgerald J, Kolias A. Trainee-led research collaboratives: a novel model for delivering multi-centre studies. ANZ J Surg. 2014;84:902-3 pubmed
- Reis Miranda D, Moreno R, Iapichino G. Nine equivalents of nursing manpower use score (NEMS). Intensive Care Med. 1997;23:760-5 pubmed
- Bartlett J, Ahmed I, Regan M, Sestak I, Mallon E, Dell Orto P, et al. HER2 status predicts for upfront AI benefit: A TRANS-AIOG meta-analysis of 12,129 patients from ATAC, BIG 1-98 and TEAM with centrally determined HER2. Eur J Cancer. 2017;79:129-138 pubmed publisher..Other causes, perhaps related to subtle differences between AIs, cannot be excluded and warrant further exploration. ..
- Wernerman J. Glutamine--from conditionally essential to totally dispensable?. Crit Care. 2014;18:162 pubmed publisher..Now we will all have to do our homework and try to understand whether supplementation or omission of glutamine for patients fed parenterally is a good idea or not. ..
- Schmidt M, Griep R, Passos V, Luft V, Goulart A, Menezes G, et al. [Strategies and development of quality assurance and control in the ELSA-Brasil]. Rev Saude Publica. 2013;47 Suppl 2:105-12 pubmed..Data that estimate the reliability of the obtained information attest that the quality goals have been achieved. ..
- Foa R. Interleukin-2 and gene therapy in the management of acute lymphoblastic leukaemia. Baillieres Clin Haematol. 1994;7:421-34 pubmed
- . Reliability of anthropometric measurements in the WHO Multicentre Growth Reference Study. Acta Paediatr Suppl. 2006;450:38-46 pubmed..The coefficient of reliability was above 95% for all measurements except skinfolds whose R coefficient was 75-93%. Reliability of the MGRS teams compared well with the study's anthropometry expert and published reliability statistics. ..
- Chou A, D Urzo A. New therapy for managing moderate to severe chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. Can Fam Physician. 2014;60:352-4 pubmed
- Shorvon S. Safety of topiramate: adverse events and relationships to dosing. Epilepsia. 1996;37 Suppl 2:S18-S22 pubmed..No clinically significant treatment-related abnormalities were observed in clinical laboratory parameters or in neurologic, electrocardiographic, ophthalmologic, or audiologic tests. ..
- . The Parkinson Progression Marker Initiative (PPMI). Prog Neurobiol. 2011;95:629-35 pubmed publisher..This approach is crucial to enhance the potential for success of this ambitious strategy to develop PD progression biomarkers that will accelerate research in disease modifying therapeutics. ..
- Mattesini A, Valente S, Sorini Dini C, Bartolini S, Caiazzo G, Baldereschi G, et al. [Percutaneous treatment of coronary chronic total occlusions: state of the art]. G Ital Cardiol (Rome). 2017;18:3S-11S pubmed publisher..This state of the art paper is aimed to provide updated evidences on the clinical benefit of CTO recanalization and to describe specific interventional techniques for CTO recanalization. ..
- Winkler K, Bielack S, Delling G, Jurgens H, Kotz R, Salzer Kuntschik M. Treatment of osteosarcoma: experience of the Cooperative Osteosarcoma Study Group (COSS). Cancer Treat Res. 1993;62:269-77 pubmed..Exploration of the most effective but least toxic mode of drug administration might be one possibility. Another might be reduction of the cumulative doses and therapy duration, while simultaneously increasing the dose rate. ..
- Bose C, Bauserman M, Goldenberg R, Goudar S, McClure E, Pasha O, et al. The Global Network Maternal Newborn Health Registry: a multi-national, community-based registry of pregnancy outcomes. Reprod Health. 2015;12 Suppl 2:S1 pubmed publisher..The MNHR, an international, multicenter, population-based registry, assesses pregnancy outcomes over time in support of efforts to develop improved perinatal healthcare in resource-limited areas. ..
- Hemming K, Taljaard M, Forbes A. Analysis of cluster randomised stepped wedge trials with repeated cross-sectional samples. Trials. 2017;18:101 pubmed publisher..Consideration needs to be given to the appropriate model choice at the analysis stage. We provide a Stata code to implement the proposed analyses in the illustrative case study. ..
- Yen Lieberman B, Brambilla D, Jackson B, Bremer J, Coombs R, Cronin M, et al. Evaluation of a quality assurance program for quantitation of human immunodeficiency virus type 1 RNA in plasma by the AIDS Clinical Trials Group virology laboratories. J Clin Microbiol. 1996;34:2695-701 pubmed..Thus, use of a common set of standards across clinical trial protocols would allow for cross-protocol comparisons. ..
- Beno S, Ackery A, Callum J, Rizoli S. Tranexamic acid in pediatric trauma: why not?. Crit Care. 2014;18:313 pubmed publisher..This article compares the hematologic response to trauma between children and adults, and explores the potential use of tranexamic acid in pediatric hemorrhagic trauma. ..