Genomes and Genes
Summary: Statistical interpretation and description of a population with reference to distribution, composition, or structure.
- Gonzalez Mirelis G, Lindegarth M. Predicting the distribution of out-of-reach biotopes with decision trees in a Swedish marine protected area. Ecol Appl. 2012;22:2248-64 pubmed..Species distribution modeling is presented as an ecological tool that can handle a wide variety of systems (e.g., the benthic system). ..
- Livingston M, Dietze P, Ferris J, Pennay D, Hayes L, Lenton S. Surveying alcohol and other drug use through telephone sampling: a comparison of landline and mobile phone samples. BMC Med Res Methodol. 2013;13:41 pubmed publisher..In contrast, estimates of alcohol consumption and cannabis use from landline surveys are likely to be broadly accurate, once basic demographic weighting is undertaken. ..
- Munzbergova Z. Comparative demography of two co-occurring Linum species with different distribution patterns. Plant Biol (Stuttg). 2013;15:963-70 pubmed publisher..To understand similarities and differences in population dynamics of closely related species, I studied demography of two congeneric endangered species, Linum flavum and L. tenuifolium co-occurring in dry grasslands...
- Bonacini M, Shetler K, Yu I, Osorio R, Osorio R. Features of Patients With Severe Hepatitis Due to Mushroom Poisoning and Factors Associated With Outcome. Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2017;15:776-779 pubmed publisher..Women and older patients were more likely to have a poor outcome than men and younger patients. ..
- Letsa T, Noora C, Kuma G, Asiedu E, Kye Duodu G, Afari E, et al. Pneumococcal meningitis outbreak and associated factors in six districts of Brong Ahafo region, Ghana, 2016. BMC Public Health. 2018;18:781 pubmed publisher..Moreover, we recommend Pneumococcal vaccination in BAR to prevent future outbreaks. ..
- Yin Y, Han W, Wang Y, Zhang Y, Wu S, Zhang H, et al. Identification of Risk Factors Affecting Impaired Fasting Glucose and Diabetes in Adult Patients from Northeast China. Int J Environ Res Public Health. 2015;12:12662-78 pubmed publisher..Living in Changling County, men and 60-69 years old subjects were found to be risk factors for IFG. Subjects with high BMI were more likely to develop IFG and DM. ..
- Weber C, Horst K, Lefering R, Hofman M, Dienstknecht T, Pape H. Major trauma in winter sports: an international trauma database analysis. Eur J Trauma Emerg Surg. 2016;42:741-747 pubmed..While all athlete groups required a high rate of emergency surgery procedures, the observed in-hospital mortality from winter sports remains low. ..
- Xie D, Yu C, Gao C, Osaiweran H, Hu J, Gong J. An Optimal Approach for Laparoscopic D3 Lymphadenectomy Plus Complete Mesocolic Excision (D3+CME) for Right-Sided Colon Cancer. Ann Surg Oncol. 2017;24:1312-1313 pubmed publisher..This procedure is safe and strongly practical for advanced right colon cancer intervention. ..
- Charlson E, Sankar P, Miller Ellis E, Regina M, Fertig R, Salinas J, et al. The primary open-angle african american glaucoma genetics study: baseline demographics. Ophthalmology. 2015;122:711-20 pubmed publisher..Blindness and low BMI were significantly associated with POAG. This population was predominantly recruited from neighborhoods whose population income exists at or near the federal poverty level. ..
- Harris J, Sammarco A, Swenson C, Uppal S, Kamdar N, Campbell D, et al. Are perioperative bundles associated with reduced postoperative morbidity in women undergoing benign hysterectomy? Retrospective cohort analysis of 16,286 cases in Michigan. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2017;216:502.e1-502.e11 pubmed publisher..Implementation of evidence-based process bundles at a healthcare system level are worthy of prospective study to determine whether improvements in patient outcomes are possible. ..
- Rezapour J, Nickels S, Schuster A, Michal M, Munzel T, Wild P, et al. Prevalence of depression and anxiety among participants with glaucoma in a population-based cohort study: The Gutenberg Health Study. BMC Ophthalmol. 2018;18:157 pubmed publisher..A lack of a burden of depressive symptoms may result from recruitment from a population-based sample as compared to previous study groups predominantly recruited from tertiary care hospitals. ..
- Li X, Ding X, Shi P, Zhu Y, Huang Y, Li Q, et al. Clinical features and antimicrobial susceptibility profiles of culture-proven neonatal sepsis in a tertiary children's hospital, 2013 to 2017. Medicine (Baltimore). 2019;98:e14686 pubmed publisher..Better medical decisions, especially early detection and appropriate initial antimicrobial therapy can be made after understanding the different clinical features and pathogens of EONS and LONS. ..
- Angelovska S, Stafilov T, Å ajn R, Balabanova B. Geogenic and Anthropogenic Moss Responsiveness to Element Distribution Around a Pb-Zn Mine, Toranica, Republic of Macedonia. Arch Environ Contam Toxicol. 2016;70:487-505 pubmed publisher..This phenomenon strongly affects the environment, which is a natural geochemical imprint in this unique area (described with the strong dominance of the geochemical association Cd-Zn-Pb-Cu). ..
- Kleinman S, King M, Busch M, Murphy E, Glynn S. The National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute retrovirus epidemiology donor studies (Retrovirus Epidemiology Donor Study and Retrovirus Epidemiology Donor Study-II): twenty years of research to advance blood product safety and availability. Transfus Med Rev. 2012;26:281-304, 304.e1-2 pubmed publisher
- Morrissey D, El Khawand D, Ginzburg N, Wehbe S, O Hare P, Whitmore K. Botulinum Toxin A Injections Into Pelvic Floor Muscles Under Electromyographic Guidance for Women With Refractory High-Tone Pelvic Floor Dysfunction: A 6-Month Prospective Pilot Study. Female Pelvic Med Reconstr Surg. 2015;21:277-82 pubmed publisher..8%), fecal incontinence (4.8%), and new onset stress urinary incontinence (4.8%). Electromyography-guided Botox injection into PFM could be beneficial for women with refractory HTPFD who have failed conservative therapy. ..
- BelaviÄ‡ M, JanÄiÄ‡ E, MiÅ¡koviÄ‡ P, BrozoviÄ‡ Krijan A, Bakota B, Å½uniÄ‡ J. Secondary stroke in patients with polytrauma and traumatic brain injury treated in an Intensive Care Unit, Karlovac General Hospital, Croatia. Injury. 2015;46 Suppl 6:S31-5 pubmed publisher..The lack of routine use of intracranial pressure (ICP) monitoring may explain the high mortality rate and the occurrence of secondary stroke in patients with TBI. ..
- Dotson J, Nelson L, YOUNG S, Buchwald D, Roll J. Use of cell phones and computers for health promotion and tobacco cessation by American Indian college students in Montana. Rural Remote Health. 2017;17:4014 pubmed
- Lakomkin N, Goz V, Cheng J, Brodke D, Spiker W. The utility of preoperative laboratories in predicting postoperative complications following posterolateral lumbar fusion. Spine J. 2018;18:993-997 pubmed publisher..Although the majority of laboratories were not significantly associated with adverse events, abnormal sodium values, INR, creatinine, and platelets were shown to be predictive of various complications. ..
- Baltajian K, Bajracharya S, Salahuddin S, Berg A, Geahchan C, Wenger J, et al. Sequential plasma angiogenic factors levels in women with suspected preeclampsia. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2016;215:89.e1-89.e10 pubmed publisher..These data support the hypothesis that targeting angiogenic imbalance in preeclampsia may lead to prolongation of pregnancy. ..
- t Mannetje A, Eng A, Walls C, Dryson E, Douwes J, Bertazzi P, et al. Morbidity in New Zealand pesticide producers exposed to 2,3,7,8-tetrachlorodibenzo-p-dioxin (TCDD). Environ Int. 2018;110:22-31 pubmed publisher..These results need to be interpreted with caution due to the small study size and the cross-sectional nature of the study. ..
- Jelsig A. Hamartomatous polyps - a clinical and molecular genetic study. Dan Med J. 2016;63: pubmed..We identified 14 Danish patients. Most of these had symptoms of both conditions and one had aortic root dilatation. Thus, this group of patients requires a multidisciplinary follow-up program. ..
- Salzler G, Long B, Avgerinos E, Chaer R, Leers S, Hager E, et al. Contemporary Results of Surgical Management of Peripheral Mycotic Aneurysms. Ann Vasc Surg. 2018;53:86-91 pubmed publisher..With close follow-up of these patients, resection or ligation may obviate the more extensive initial revascularization procedures in these infected fields. ..
- Rider L, Shah M, Mamyrova G, Huber A, Rice M, Targoff I, et al. The myositis autoantibody phenotypes of the juvenile idiopathic inflammatory myopathies. Medicine (Baltimore). 2013;92:223-43 pubmed publisher..We conclude that juvenile myositis is a heterogeneous group of illnesses with distinct autoantibody phenotypes defined by varying clinical and demographic characteristics, laboratory features, and outcomes. ..
- Mokaddas E, Shetty S, Abdullah A, Rotimi V. A 4-year prospective study of septicemia in pediatric surgical patients at a tertiary care teaching hospital in Kuwait. J Pediatr Surg. 2011;46:679-684 pubmed publisher..Empirical therapy with piperacillin/tazobactam or carbapenems for gram-negative septicemia and glycopeptides for gram-positive septicemia was effective. ..