Summary: Hydrocarbon-rich byproducts from the non-fossilized BIOMASS that are combusted to generate energy as opposed to fossilized hydrocarbon deposits (FOSSIL FUELS).
Publications103 found, 100 shown here
- Dahunsi S, Oranusi S, Efeovbokhan V. Pretreatment optimization, process control, mass and energy balances and economics of anaerobic co-digestion of Arachis hypogaea (Peanut) hull and poultry manure. Bioresour Technol. 2017;241:454-464 pubmed publisher..5±1.5%; 26±1% and 53±1%; 26±2% respectively. The co-digestion of peanut hull with poultry droppings and other energy-yielding substrates is further encouraged. ..
- Zargar A, Bailey C, Haushalter R, Eiben C, Katz L, Keasling J. Leveraging microbial biosynthetic pathways for the generation of 'drop-in' biofuels. Curr Opin Biotechnol. 2017;45:156-163 pubmed publisherAdvances in retooling microorganisms have enabled bioproduction of 'drop-in' biofuels, fuels that are compatible with existing spark-ignition, compression-ignition, and gas-turbine engines...
- Cao W, Wang X, Sun S, Hu C, Zhao Y. Simultaneously upgrading biogas and purifying biogas slurry using cocultivation of Chlorella vulgaris and three different fungi under various mixed light wavelength and photoperiods. Bioresour Technol. 2017;241:701-709 pubmed publisher..These results will provide a theoretical foundation for large-scale biogas slurry purifying and biogas upgrading using microalgae. ..
- Zhang J, Jia C, Wu Y, Xia X, Xi B, Wang L, et al. Life cycle energy efficiency and environmental impact assessment of bioethanol production from sweet potato based on different production modes. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0180685 pubmed publisher..46% and 23.36%. This study showed that CEM was effective in improving energy efficiency, especially in reducing the environmental impact, and it provides a new method for bioethanol production. ..
- Chen Y, Wei Q, Ren X. The effect of hydrophilic amines on hydrothermal liquefaction of macroalgae residue. Bioresour Technol. 2017;243:409-416 pubmed publisher..Methylamine had the highest yield of liquid products of 79.09wt%, and the highest bio-oil yield of 24.37wt% was obtained in the presence of triethylamine. ..
- Barua V, Raju V, Lippold S, Kalamdhad A. Electrohydrolysis pretreatment of water hyacinth for enhanced hydrolysis. Bioresour Technol. 2017;238:733-737 pubmed publisher..Compositional analysis and characterization study revealed the efficiency of electrohydrolysis pretreatment in melting the lignin and lowering the cellulose crystallinity of water hyacinth. ..
- Dornelas K, Schneider R, do Amaral A. Biogas from poultry waste-production and energy potential. Environ Monit Assess. 2017;189:407 pubmed publisher..It was concluded that the re-use of poultry litter resulted in an increase in biogas production, and the use of fermentation in the microbiological treatment of poultry litter seems to have negatively influenced production of biogas. ..
- Liu Y, Zhu Y, Jia H, Yong X, Zhang L, Zhou J, et al. Effects of different biofilm carriers on biogas production during anaerobic digestion of corn straw. Bioresour Technol. 2017;244:445-451 pubmed publisher..The results of high-throughput sequencing indicated that the dominant species in the polypropylene fiber system were Methanoregula and Methanobacterium. ..
- Das L, Liu E, Saeed A, Williams D, Hu H, Li C, et al. Industrial hemp as a potential bioenergy crop in comparison with kenaf, switchgrass and biomass sorghum. Bioresour Technol. 2017;244:641-649 pubmed publisher..that industrial hemp could generate higher per hectare gross profit than the other crops if both hemp grains and biofuels from hemp stem were counted...
- Fan L, Zhang Y, Liu S, Zhou N, Chen P, Cheng Y, et al. Bio-oil from fast pyrolysis of lignin: Effects of process and upgrading parameters. Bioresour Technol. 2017;241:1118-1126 pubmed publisher..Noble metal-based catalysts and metal sulfide catalysts are normally used as the HDO catalysts and the conversion mechanisms associated with a series of reactions have been proposed. ..
- Chao B, Liu R, Zhang X, Zhang X, Tan T. Tannin extraction pretreatment and very high gravity fermentation of acorn starch for bioethanol production. Bioresour Technol. 2017;241:900-907 pubmed publisher..4g/L. A comprehensive process for bioethanol production from acorn starch was designed and a preliminary economic assessment was then performed revealing that this process appeared technically and economically justified. ..
- Wall D, McDonagh S, Murphy J. Cascading biomethane energy systems for sustainable green gas production in a circular economy. Bioresour Technol. 2017;243:1207-1215 pubmed publisher..Recent EU legislation encourages the production and use of advanced, third generation biofuels with improved sustainability for future energy systems...
- Concepcion J, House R, Papanikolas J, Meyer T. Chemical approaches to artificial photosynthesis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:15560-4 pubmed
- Zhang W, Heaven S, Banks C. Continuous operation of thermophilic food waste digestion with side-stream ammonia stripping. Bioresour Technol. 2017;244:611-620 pubmed publisher..5. The pattern of VFA accumulation indicated failure of both acetoclastic methanogenesis and acetate oxidation. ..
- Li C, Wang X, Zhang G, Yu G, Lin J, Wang Y. Hydrothermal and alkaline hydrothermal pretreatments plus anaerobic digestion of sewage sludge for dewatering and biogas production: Bench-scale research and pilot-scale verification. Water Res. 2017;117:49-57 pubmed publisher..Based on the data from the pilot tests, the alkaline hydrothermal process realized self-sufficiency in energy at the cost of a proper amount of CaO. ..
- Demichelis F, Pleissner D, Fiore S, Mariano S, Navarro Gutiérrez I, Schneider R, et al. Investigation of food waste valorization through sequential lactic acid fermentative production and anaerobic digestion of fermentation residues. Bioresour Technol. 2017;241:508-516 pubmed publisher..Finally, a mass balance of three different outlines with the aim to assess the amount of LA and biogas that may be generated within different scenarios is presented. ..
- Pettigrew L, Gutbrod A, Domes H, Groß F, Méndez Contreras J, Delgado A. Modified ADM1 for high-rate anaerobic co-digestion of thermally pre-treated brewery surplus yeast wastewater. Water Sci Technol. 2017;76:542-554 pubmed publisher..More detailed characterization of influent and effluent is required if organic acid concentrations for pH control are needed. ..
- Zhang H, Shao S, Luo M, Xiao R. The comparison of chemical liquid deposition and acid dealumination modified ZSM-5 for catalytic pyrolysis of pinewood using pyrolysis-gas chromatography/mass spectrometry. Bioresour Technol. 2017;244:726-732 pubmed publisher..Considering environmental cost and catalytic performance, CLD seems to be a preferable modification method over ZSM-5 in the catalytic pyrolysis of biomass for petrochemicals. ..
- Arun J, Shreekanth S, Sahana R, Raghavi M, Gopinath K, Gnanaprakash D. Studies on influence of process parameters on hydrothermal catalytic liquefaction of microalgae (Chlorella vulgaris) biomass grown in wastewater. Bioresour Technol. 2017;244:963-968 pubmed publisher..67%wt was observed at operating conditions of 300°C, 15g/200ml biomass load and 2.5%wt of NaOH at 60min holding time. Fatty acids and other high carbon compounds were detected in the bio-oil obtained through liquefaction process. ..
- Ravindar J, Arulselvi I, Elangovan N. Isolation and molecular characterization of butanol tolerant bacterial strains for improved biobutanol production. J Environ Biol. 2014;35:1131-6 pubmed..tequilensis, and B. circulans using 16S rDNA sequence. These isolates were markedly attractive to identify butanol tolerance specific stress response genes and further engineered to act as a genetic host for biobutanol production. ..
- Bremges A, Maus I, Belmann P, Eikmeyer F, Winkler A, Albersmeier A, et al. Deeply sequenced metagenome and metatranscriptome of a biogas-producing microbial community from an agricultural production-scale biogas plant. Gigascience. 2015;4:33 pubmed publisher..Moreover, mapping of transcripts to reconstructed genome sequences will enable the identification of active metabolic pathways in target organisms. ..
- Kazeem M, Shah U, Baharuddin A, AbdulRahman N. Prospecting Agro-waste Cocktail: Supplementation for Cellulase Production by a Newly Isolated Thermophilic B. licheniformis 2D55. Appl Biochem Biotechnol. 2017;182:1318-1340 pubmed publisher..Agro-waste cocktail supplementation provides an alternative method for an efficient production of cellulase. ..
- Zoccali M, Schug K, Walsh P, Smuts J, Mondello L. Flow-modulated comprehensive two-dimensional gas chromatography combined with a vacuum ultraviolet detector for the analysis of complex mixtures. J Chromatogr A. 2017;1497:135-143 pubmed publisher..Satisfactory results were obtained in terms of tailing factor (1.1), asymmetry factor (1.1), and similarity (average value 97%), for the FAMEs mixtures analysis. ..
- Hsieh C, Huang X, Amaya J, Rutland C, Keys C, Groves J, et al. The Enigmatic P450 Decarboxylase OleT Is Capable of, but Evolved To Frustrate, Oxygen Rebound Chemistry. Biochemistry. 2017;56:3347-3357 pubmed publisher..Positioning of the incipient substrate radical is a crucial element in controlling the efficiency of activated OH rebound...
- Tang X, Ng H. Anthraquinone-2-sulfonate immobilized to conductive polypyrrole hydrogel as a bioanode to enhance power production in microbial fuel cell. Bioresour Technol. 2017;244:452-455 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrated that the facile synthesis of the CPH/AQS anode provided an efficient route to enhance the power production of microbial fuel cell (MFC). ..
- Lucas R, Kuchenbuch A, Fetzer I, Harms H, Kleinsteuber S. Long-term monitoring reveals stable and remarkably similar microbial communities in parallel full-scale biogas reactors digesting energy crops. FEMS Microbiol Ecol. 2015;91: pubmed publisher..Practical implications such as flexible operation schemes comprising controlled variations of process parameters for an efficient microbial resource management under fluctuating process conditions are discussed. ..
- Zhou W, Wang H, Chen L, Cheng W, Liu T. Heterotrophy of filamentous oleaginous microalgae Tribonema minus for potential production of lipid and palmitoleic acid. Bioresour Technol. 2017;239:250-257 pubmed publisher..to be effective ways to improve the economic viability and feasibility of commercial production of microalgae biofuels. This work reported the heterotrophic cultivation of Tribonema minus for lipid and palmitoleic acid (a novel ..
- Schabort D, Kilian S, du Preez J. Elucidation of new condition-dependent roles for fructose-1,6-bisphosphatase linked to cofactor balances. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0177319 pubmed publisher..Based on these findings, a strategy is proposed for the metabolic engineering of a future xylose-fermenting yeast for biofuel production. ..
- Terboven C, Ramm P, Herrmann C. Demand-driven biogas production from sugar beet silage in a novel fixed bed disc reactor under mesophilic and thermophilic conditions. Bioresour Technol. 2017;241:582-592 pubmed publisher..The FBDR was demonstrated to be well-suited for flexible biogas production, but further research and comparison with traditional reactor systems are required. ..
- Zaafouri K, Ziadi M, Ben Hassen Trabelsi A, Mekni S, Aïssi B, Alaya M, et al. Optimization of Hydrothermal and Diluted Acid Pretreatments of Tunisian Luffa cylindrica (L.) Fibers for 2G Bioethanol Production through the Cubic Central Composite Experimental Design CCD: Response Surface Methodology. Biomed Res Int. 2017;2017:9524521 pubmed publisher..Enzymatic hydrolysis allowed achieving 59.4?g/kg of reducing sugars. The conversion yield of reducing sugar to ethanol was 88.66%. After the distillation step, concentration of ethanol was 1.58% with a volumetric yield about 70%. ..
- He Y, Jiang C, Jiang J, Di J, Liu F, Ding Y, et al. One-pot chemo-enzymatic synthesis of furfuralcohol from xylose. Bioresour Technol. 2017;238:698-705 pubmed publisher..Finally, the yield of FOL from 200mM furfural was achieved to 100% by Escherichia coli CCZU-K14 whole cells after 24h. In conclusion, this strategy show high potential application for the effective synthesis of FOL. ..
- Huang C, Lai C, Wu X, Huang Y, He J, Huang C, et al. An integrated process to produce bio-ethanol and xylooligosaccharides rich in xylobiose and xylotriose from high ash content waste wheat straw. Bioresour Technol. 2017;241:228-235 pubmed publisher..3kg xylobiose and 124.8kg xylotriose. The results demonstrated that the integrated process for the WWS bio-refinery is promising, based on value-adding co-production in addition to robust ethanol yields. ..
- Williams N. New biofuel questions. Curr Biol. 2010;20:R219-20 pubmed
- Li Y, Liu C, Wachemo A, Yuan H, Zou D, Liu Y, et al. Serial completely stirred tank reactors for improving biogas production and substance degradation during anaerobic digestion of corn stover. Bioresour Technol. 2017;235:380-388 pubmed publisher..The serial systems showed more stable process performance in high organic load. HRT30+10d system showed the best biogas production and conversions among all systems. ..
- Su H, Lin J, Wang Y, Chen Q, Wang G, Tan F. Engineering Brevibacterium flavum for the production of renewable bioenergy: C4-C5 advanced alcohols. Biotechnol Bioeng. 2017;114:1946-1958 pubmed publisherBiosynthesis of advanced biofuels by engineered non-natural microorganisms has been proposed to be the most promising approach for the replacement of dwindling fossil fuel resources...
- Gunnigle E, Siggins A, Botting C, Fuszard M, O Flaherty V, Abram F. Low-temperature anaerobic digestion is associated with differential methanogenic protein expression. FEMS Microbiol Lett. 2015;362: pubmed publisher..This study demonstrated the value of employing a polyphasic approach to address microbial community dynamics and highlighted the functional redundancy of AD microbiomes. ..
- Tan Y, Abdullah A, Hameed B. Fast pyrolysis of durian (Durio zibethinus L) shell in a drop-type fixed bed reactor: Pyrolysis behavior and product analyses. Bioresour Technol. 2017;243:85-92 pubmed publisher..Bio-oil has potential to be used as liquid fuel or fine chemical precursor after further upgrading. The results further showed the potential of bio-char as a solid fuel. ..
- Schroyen M, Van Hulle S, Holemans S, Vervaeren H, Raes K. Laccase enzyme detoxifies hydrolysates and improves biogas production from hemp straw and miscanthus. Bioresour Technol. 2017;244:597-604 pubmed publisher..Finally a combination of enzymatic detoxification and subsequent biogas production showed that a decrease in phenolic compounds by laccase treatment can considerably lower the inhibition levels of the biogas production. ..
- Yang D, Fan X, Shi X, Lian S, Qiao J, Guo R. Metabolomics reveals stage-specific metabolic pathways of microbial communities in two-stage anaerobic fermentation of corn-stalk. Biotechnol Lett. 2014;36:1461-8 pubmed..Identification of stage-specific metabolic pathways using metabolomics can therefore assist in monitoring and optimization of the microbial community for increased biogas production during anaerobic fermentation. ..
- Kondrat S, Miedziak P, Douthwaite M, Brett G, Davies T, Morgan D, et al. Base-free oxidation of glycerol using titania-supported trimetallic Au–Pd–Pt nanoparticles. ChemSusChem. 2014;7:1326-34 pubmed..The turnover frequency increased from 210?h(?1) with the Pd–Pt/TiO2 catalyst to378?h(?1) for the trimetallic Au–Pd–Pt/TiO2 catalyst with retention of selectivity towards C3 products. ..
- Pham H, Kwak H, Hong M, Lee J, Chang W, Sim S. Development of an X-Shape airlift photobioreactor for increasing algal biomass and biodiesel production. Bioresour Technol. 2017;239:211-218 pubmed publisher..Finally, we observed the lipid from X-Shape had high MUFAs, CN and low IV, which is suitable for high quality of biodiesel, suggesting that it can be practicably utilized for mass production of algal biofuel. ..
- Cheng T, Zhang W, Zhang W, Yuan G, Wang H, Liu T. An oleaginous filamentous microalgae Tribonema minus exhibits high removing potential of industrial phenol contaminants. Bioresour Technol. 2017;238:749-754 pubmed publisher..So Tribonema minus is a potential algal specie to help the construction of integrated process for both oleaginous biomass production and bioremediation of phenol contaminants. ..
- Favaro L, Cagnin L, Basaglia M, Pizzocchero V, van Zyl W, Casella S. Production of bioethanol from multiple waste streams of rice milling. Bioresour Technol. 2017;244:151-159 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrated for the first time that the co-conversion of multiple waste streams is a promising option for second generation ethanol production. ..
- Nguyen Q, Cho E, Trinh L, Jeong J, Bae H. Development of an integrated process to produce d-mannose and bioethanol from coffee residue waste. Bioresour Technol. 2017;244:1039-1048 pubmed publisher..Under optimized conditions, approximately 15.7g dry weight (DW) of d-mannose (approximately 46% of the mannose) and approximately 11.3g DW of ethanol from 150g DW of ethanol-pretreated CRW, were recovered. ..
- Wheeldon I, Christopher P, Blanch H. Integration of heterogeneous and biochemical catalysis for production of fuels and chemicals from biomass. Curr Opin Biotechnol. 2017;45:127-135 pubmed publisher..government and private investment in fundamental research and process development for the production of biofuels and chemicals from lignocellulosic biomass-derived sugars...
- Inui H, Ishikawa T, Tamoi M. Wax Ester Fermentation and Its Application for Biofuel Production. Adv Exp Med Biol. 2017;979:269-283 pubmed publisher..Wax esters produced by anaerobic Euglena are promising biofuels because myristic acid (C14:0) in contrast to other algal produced fatty acids, such as palmitic acid (..
- Himanshu H, Voelklein M, Murphy J, Grant J, O Kiely P. Factors controlling headspace pressure in a manual manometric BMP method can be used to produce a methane output comparable to AMPTS. Bioresour Technol. 2017;238:633-642 pubmed publisher..Two mBMP treatments produced methane yields equivalent to AMPTS. ..
- Zhang R, Wang X, Gu J, Zhang Y. Influence of zinc on biogas production and antibiotic resistance gene profiles during anaerobic digestion of swine manure. Bioresour Technol. 2017;244:63-70 pubmed publisher..Redundancy analysis showed that NO3-N and bio-zinc significantly explained the changes in genes, where they accounted for 60.9% and 20.3% of the total variation in the environmental factors, respectively. ..
- Heeg K, Pohl M, Sontag M, Mumme J, Klocke M, Nettmann E. Microbial communities involved in biogas production from wheat straw as the sole substrate within a two-phase solid-state anaerobic digestion. Syst Appl Microbiol. 2014;37:590-600 pubmed..The higher anaerobic digestion efficiency of the thermophilic compared to the mesophilic UASS reactor was accompanied by a high abundance of Firmicutes and Methanosarcina sp. in the thermophilic UASS biofilm. ..
- Deeba F, Pruthi V, Negi Y. Fostering triacylglycerol accumulation in novel oleaginous yeast Cryptococcus psychrotolerans IITRFD utilizing groundnut shell for improved biodiesel production. Bioresour Technol. 2017;242:113-120 pubmed publisher..The present findings raise the possibility of using agricultural waste groundnut shell as a substrate for production of biodiesel by novel oleaginous yeast isolate C. psychrotolerans IITRFD. ..
- Almeida Streitwieser D. Comparison of the anaerobic digestion at the mesophilic and thermophilic temperature regime of organic wastes from the agribusiness. Bioresour Technol. 2017;241:985-992 pubmed publisher..The activation energy at the temperature insensitive mesophilic regime is very small at 8.9 (kJ/mole), while the activation energy at the temperature sensitive thermophilic regime lies around 117 (kJ/mole). ..
- Pandit P, Fulekar M, Karuna M. Effect of salinity stress on growth, lipid productivity, fatty acid composition, and biodiesel properties in Acutodesmus obliquus and Chlorella vulgaris. Environ Sci Pollut Res Int. 2017;24:13437-13451 pubmed publisher..vulgaris and A. obliquus potential strains for biodiesel production. ..
- Kwak S, Jin Y. Production of fuels and chemicals from xylose by engineered Saccharomyces cerevisiae: a review and perspective. Microb Cell Fact. 2017;16:82 pubmed publisher..for developing an economic microbial conversion process of terrestrial lignocellulosic biomass into biofuels and biochemicals...
- Ma Y, Yin Y, Liu Y. New insights into co-digestion of activated sludge and food waste: Biogas versus biofertilizer. Bioresour Technol. 2017;241:448-453 pubmed publisher..9-fold of that from Approach 1 due to high market value of biofertilizer. It is expected that this study may lead to a paradigm shift in biosolid management towards environmental and economic sustainability. ..
- Church J, Hwang J, Kim K, McLean R, Oh Y, Nam B, et al. Effect of salt type and concentration on the growth and lipid content of Chlorella vulgaris in synthetic saline wastewater for biofuel production. Bioresour Technol. 2017;243:147-153 pubmed publisher..06 to 0.11mday-1 which could potentially reduce the cost of harvesting for algal biofuel production. Overall, C. vulgaris makes a suitable candidate for high salinity wastewater cultivation and biofuel production. ..
- Shakya R, Adhikari S, Mahadevan R, Shanmugam S, Nam H, Hassan E, et al. Influence of biochemical composition during hydrothermal liquefaction of algae on product yields and fuel properties. Bioresour Technol. 2017;243:1112-1120 pubmed publisher..The aqueous phases obtained had high amount of TOC (12-43g/L), COD (35-160g/L), TN (1-18g/L), ammonium (0.34-12g/L) and phosphate (0.7-12g/L). ..
- Ashraf M, Thomsen M, Schmidt J. Hydrothermal pretreatment and enzymatic hydrolysis of mixed green and woody lignocellulosics from arid regions. Bioresour Technol. 2017;238:369-378 pubmed publisher..It indicates that this mixture can be a suitable feedstock for lignocellulosic biorefinery. ..
- Kou L, Song Y, Zhang X, Tan T. Comparison of four types of energy grasses as lignocellulosic feedstock for the production of bio-ethanol. Bioresour Technol. 2017;241:424-429 pubmed publisherIn order to utilize energy grasses as substrates for production of biofuels and expand the diversity of lignocellulosic feedstocks, this work developed an evaluation system considering 16 kinds of parameters related to the contents of ..
- Lamba N, Gupta K, Modak J, Madras G. Biodiesel synthesis from Calophyllum inophyllum oil with different supercritical fluids. Bioresour Technol. 2017;241:767-774 pubmed publisher..Pseudo first order kinetics was used to obtain the rate constants and the activation energies followed the order: EMeOH<EDMC<EMeOAc<EMTBE. ..
- Guldhe A, Kumari S, Ramanna L, Ramsundar P, Singh P, Rawat I, et al. Prospects, recent advancements and challenges of different wastewater streams for microalgal cultivation. J Environ Manage. 2017;203:299-315 pubmed publisher..are recognized as one of the most powerful biotechnology platforms for many value added products including biofuels, bioactive compounds, animal and aquaculture feed etc...
- Dash A, Banerjee R. Enhanced biodiesel production through phyco-myco co-cultivation of Chlorella minutissima and Aspergillus awamori: An integrated approach. Bioresour Technol. 2017;238:502-509 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, C16:0 (31.26-35.02%) and C18:1 (21.14-24.21%) fatty acids were the major composites of the co-culture oils, which suggest co-culture as a promising strategy for biodiesel production. ..
- Svanstrom M, Heimersson S, Peters G, Harder R, I Ons D, Finnson A, et al. Life cycle assessment of sludge management with phosphorus utilisation and improved hygienisation in Sweden. Water Sci Technol. 2017;75:2013-2024 pubmed publisher..It is recommended that any sludge management option minimises emissions from sludge to air and water and that resources are recovered and used, in line with the principles of a circular economy. ..
- Ramos Suárez J, Gomez D, Regueiro L, Baeza A, Hansen F. Alkaline and oxidative pretreatments for the anaerobic digestion of cow manure and maize straw: Factors influencing the process and preliminary economic viability of an industrial application. Bioresour Technol. 2017;241:10-20 pubmed publisher..Pretreating cow manure with the aforementioned reagents does not increase the profitability of a biogas plant due mainly to the increase in operational costs from the intensive use of chemicals. ..
- Wang M, Nie K, Cao H, Xu H, Fang Y, Tan T, et al. Biosynthesis of medium chain length alkanes for bio-aviation fuel by metabolic engineered Escherichia coli. Bioresour Technol. 2017;239:542-545 pubmed publisher..00062mg/g, 0.0052mg/g, and 0.249mg/g respectively. Thioesterase from UC controlled the fatty acid chain length in a range of 10-14 carbons and the ACP gene with whole FASs from JC significantly increased the production of MCLA. ..
- Lázaro B, Villa J, Santín O, Cabezas M, Milagre C, de la Cruz F, et al. Heterologous expression of a thermophilic diacylglycerol acyltransferase triggers triglyceride accumulation in Escherichia coli. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0176520 pubmed publisher..These results set the basis for further research on the achievement of a suitable method towards the sustainable production of these neutral lipids. ..
- Suhartini S, Melville L, Amato T. Pre-treatment of thickened waste activated sludge (TWAS) for enhanced biogas production via the application of a novel radial horn sonication technology. Water Sci Technol. 2017;75:2179-2193 pubmed publisher..Partial-stream sonication (30:70 sonicated to untreated TWAS) resulted in a proportionate increase in biogas production illustrating the benefits of full-stream sonication. ..
- Lee J, Kim J, Ok Y, Kwon E. Rapid biodiesel synthesis from waste pepper seeds without lipid isolation step. Bioresour Technol. 2017;239:17-20 pubmed publisher..The in situ biodiesel production from other oil-bearing food wastes can be studied. ..
- Lizasoain J, Trulea A, Gittinger J, Kral I, Piringer G, Schedl A, et al. Corn stover for biogas production: Effect of steam explosion pretreatment on the gas yields and on the biodegradation kinetics of the primary structural compounds. Bioresour Technol. 2017;244:949-956 pubmed publisher..The biodegradation kinetics trial demonstrated that steam explosion enhances the degradation of structural carbohydrates and acid insoluble lignin. ..
- Zhao D, Chen S, Zhou Y, Li X, Liu S, Chen L, et al. [Preliminary analysis of lung function of population with biofuel smoke exposure]. Zhonghua Jie He He Hu Xi Za Zhi. 2017;40:349-353 pubmed publisher..exposure were selected as research objects in a mountainous area of northern Guangdong where the families used biofuels as main energies and the nonsmokers without biofuel smoke exposure in the same area as control...
- Pandit P, Fulekar M. Egg shell waste as heterogeneous nanocatalyst for biodiesel production: Optimized by response surface methodology. J Environ Manage. 2017;198:319-329 pubmed publisher..6 rpm. The biodiesel conversion was determined by 1H nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy (NMR). The fuel properties of prepared biodiesel were found to be highly comply with the biodiesel standard ASTMD6751 and EN14214. ..
- Baroukh C, Turon V, Bernard O. Dynamic metabolic modeling of heterotrophic and mixotrophic microalgal growth on fermentative wastes. PLoS Comput Biol. 2017;13:e1005590 pubmed publisher..production of numerous molecules of interest, such as pigments, proteins or triglycerides that can be turned into biofuels. Heterotrophic or mixotrophic growth on fermentative wastes represents an interesting approach to achieving ..
- Li W, Dang Q, Brown R, Laird D, Wright M. The impacts of biomass properties on pyrolysis yields, economic and environmental performance of the pyrolysis-bioenergy-biochar platform to carbon negative energy. Bioresour Technol. 2017;241:959-968 pubmed publisher..The impact of ash and O/C ratio of biomass on GHG emissions are not consistent for all feedstocks. ..