Summary: Forms of energy that are constantly and rapidly renewed by natural processes such as solar, ocean wave, and wind energy. (from McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Scientific and Technical Terms, 6th ed)
- Attiaoui I, Toumi H, Ammouri B, Gargouri I. Causality links among renewable energy consumption, CO2 emissions, and economic growth in Africa: evidence from a panel ARDL-PMG approach. Environ Sci Pollut Res Int. 2017;24:13036-13048 pubmed publisher..links among renewable energy consumption (REC), CO2 emissions (CE), non-renewable energy consumption (NREC), and economic ..
- Youngs H, Somerville C. Implementing industrial-academic partnerships to advance bioenergy research: the Energy Biosciences Institute. Curr Opin Biotechnol. 2017;45:184-190 pubmed publisher..In particular, we describe how the multidisciplinary nature and management structure of the organization led to hybrid approaches in which bioconversions and chemical synthesis were combined to develop new products. ..
- Rana M. Least mean square fourth based microgrid state estimation algorithm using the internet of things technology. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0176099 pubmed publisher..Finally, the least mean square fourth algorithm is explored for estimating the system states. The effectiveness of the developed approach is verified through numerical simulations. ..
- Wingfield J, O Brien M, Lyubchich V, Roberts J, Halpin P, Rice A, et al. Year-round spatiotemporal distribution of harbour porpoises within and around the Maryland wind energy area. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0176653 pubmed publisherOffshore windfarms provide renewable energy, but activities during the construction phase can affect marine mammals...
- Trancik J. Renewable energy: Back the renewables boom. Nature. 2014;507:300-2 pubmed
- Want A, Crawford R, Kakkonen J, Kiddie G, Miller S, Harris R, et al. Biodiversity characterisation and hydrodynamic consequences of marine fouling communities on marine renewable energy infrastructure in the Orkney Islands Archipelago, Scotland, UK. Biofouling. 2017;33:567-579 pubmed publisherAs part of ongoing commitments to produce electricity from renewable energy sources in Scotland, Orkney waters have been targeted for potential large-scale deployment of wave and tidal energy converting devices...
- da Silva M, Pastina M, de Souza V, Schaffert R, Carneiro P, Noda R, et al. Phenotypic and molecular characterization of sweet sorghum accessions for bioenergy production. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0183504 pubmed publisher..The low correlation observed between the molecular and the phenotypic diversity matrices highlights the complementarity between the molecular and the phenotypic characterization to assist a breeding program. ..