Summary: Forests with high average annual rainfall.
- Mendes D, Oliveira J, Alves Oliveira J, Rafael J. New species and new behavioral data of <i>Phlugiola</i> Karny, 1907 (Orthoptera: Tettigoniidae: Meconematinae) from the Brazilian Amazonian Rainforest. Zootaxa. 2017;4243:503-520 pubmed publisher..nov. (type locality: Amazonas, Tefé) and Phlugiola igarape sp. nov., (type locality: Acre, Bujari) both from tropical rainforests. Behavioral data and natural history notes are provided. ..
- Zheng J, Liu K, Liu X, Zhang L, Hui F. Deakozyma yunnanensis sp. nov., a novel yeast species isolated from rotten wood. Int J Syst Evol Microbiol. 2017;67:2436-2439 pubmed publisher..representing a novel yeast species were isolated from rotten wood samples collected in Xishuangbanna Tropical Rainforest in Yunnan Province, PR China...
- Klarner B, Winkelmann H, Krashevska V, Maraun M, Widyastuti R, Scheu S. Trophic niches, diversity and community composition of invertebrate top predators (Chilopoda) as affected by conversion of tropical lowland rainforest in Sumatra (Indonesia). PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0180915 pubmed publisher..drivers shaping ecological niches of soil living invertebrate predators in one of the world's hotspots of rainforest conversion...
- Trujillo Arias N, Dantas G, ArbelÃ¡ez CortÃ©s E, Naoki K, GÃ³mez M, Santos F, et al. The niche and phylogeography of a passerine reveal the history of biological diversification between the Andean and the Atlantic forests. Mol Phylogenet Evol. 2017;112:107-121 pubmed publisher..In addition, we discussed taxonomic implications of the results and proposed to split the studied taxon into two full species. ..
- Palacios Vargas J, Villagomez F. Three new species of <i>Pergalumna</i> (Acari: Oribatida: Galumnidae) from the tropical rainforest of Veracruz, Mexico. Zootaxa. 2017;4242:77-94 pubmed publisher..These are the first Mexican species descriptions of this genus. ..
- Pereira G, Coelho M, Beirão M, Braga R, Fernandes G. Diversity of fruit-feeding butterflies in a mountaintop archipelago of rainforest. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0180007 pubmed publisher..vegetation and landscape structure on the fruit-feeding butterfly community of a natural archipelago of montane rainforest islands in the Serra do Espinhaço, southeastern Brazil...
- Roberts P, Hunt C, Arroyo Kalin M, Evans D, Boivin N. The deep human prehistory of global tropical forests and its relevance for modern conservation. Nat Plants. 2017;3:17093 pubmed publisher..We emphasize archaeology's importance not only in promoting natural and cultural heritage in tropical forests, but also in taking an active role to inform modern conservation and policy-making. ..
- Macario P, Pichorim M, Doherty P, Toledo Lima G, Oliveira Júnior T, Câmara T, et al. Apparent survival and cost of reproduction for White-lined Tanager (Tachyphonus rufus, Thraupidae) in the northern Atlantic Rainforest, Brazil. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0185890 pubmed publisher..Further exploration of latitudinal variation in demographic traits, especially in diverse, but poorly known habitats is needed to fully vet and develop life history theories. ..