Genomes and Genes
disorders of sex development
Summary: In gonochoristic organisms, congenital conditions in which development of chromosomal, gonadal, or anatomical sex is atypical. Effects from exposure to abnormal levels of GONADAL HORMONES in the maternal environment, or disruption of the function of those hormones by ENDOCRINE DISRUPTORS are included.
- Sun S, Klebaner F, Tian T. Mathematical modelling for variations of inbreeding populations fitness with single and polygenic traits. BMC Genomics. 2017;18:196 pubmed publisher..In addition, the calculated purging rate shows that inbreeding mating purges the deleterious mutants more efficiently than randomly mating does. ..
- van der Horst H, de Wall L. Hypospadias, all there is to know. Eur J Pediatr. 2017;176:435-441 pubmed publisher..What is New: • Long-term complications include urinary tract symptoms and sexual and cosmetic issues. • New developments allow a more individualized approach, hopefully leading to less complications and more patient satisfaction. ..
- SÅ‚owikowska Hilczer J, Hirschberg A, Claahsen van der Grinten H, Reisch N, Bouvattier C, Thyen U, et al. Fertility outcome and information on fertility issues in individuals with different forms of disorders of sex development: findings from the dsd-LIFE study. Fertil Steril. 2017;108:822-831 pubmed publisherTo investigate fertility outcome in individuals with different forms of disorders of sex development (DSD), if assisted reproductive technology (ART) was used, and the patients' satisfaction with the information they had received...
- Miccoli A, Maradonna F, De Felice A, Caputo Barucchi V, Estonba A, Genangeli M, et al. Detection of endocrine disrupting chemicals and evidence of their effects on the HPG axis of the European anchovy Engraulis encrasicolus. Mar Environ Res. 2017;127:137-147 pubmed publisher..Our results have developed the understanding of the European anchovy's reproductive toxicological risk and our approach could assist the comprehension of the complex dynamics of commercially relevant Teleost species. ..
- Hirsh D, Oppenheim D, Klass M. Development of the reproductive system of Caenorhabditis elegans. Dev Biol. 1976;49:200-19 pubmed
- Davis M, Montalbano A, Wood M, Schisa J. Biphasic adaptation to osmotic stress in the C. elegans germ line. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2017;312:C741-C748 pubmed publisher..We speculate that increased glycerol levels may function as a secondary osmoregulatory adaptive response in the germ line, following a primary response of RNP granule assembly. ..
- Curtis E, Grant R. MASCULINIZATION OF FEMALE PUPS BY PROGESTOGENS. J Am Vet Med Assoc. 1964;144:395-8 pubmed
- Dzimira S, Nizanski W, Madej J. Morphological analysis of testicles in cats with disorders of sex development. Pol J Vet Sci. 2017;20:123-131 pubmed publisherb>Disorders of sex development (DSD) are rare in cats. They can be caused by chromosomal aberrations, gene mutations or other undefined factors...
- Sulston J, Albertson D, Thomson J. The Caenorhabditis elegans male: postembryonic development of nongonadal structures. Dev Biol. 1980;78:542-76 pubmed
- Hosono R, Mitsui Y, Sato Y, Aizawa S, Miwa J. Life span of the wild and mutant nematode Caenorhabditis elegans. Effects of sex, sterilization, and temperature. Exp Gerontol. 1982;17:163-72 pubmed..The results suggest that the life span of C. elegans is rigidly determined by somatic cells and markedly influenced by the effects of temperature on the cells during the post-mitotic state. ..
- Hiort O, Ahmed S. Understanding differences and disorders of sex development. Foreword. Endocr Dev. 2014;27:VII-VIII pubmed
- Friedman D, Johnson T. A mutation in the age-1 gene in Caenorhabditis elegans lengthens life and reduces hermaphrodite fertility. Genetics. 1988;118:75-86 pubmed..It is likely that the action of age-1 in lengthening life results not from eliminating a programmed aging function but rather from reduced hermaphrodite self-fertility or from some other unknown metabolic or physiologic alteration. ..
- Hage J, Bloem J, Suliman H. Review of the literature on techniques for phalloplasty with emphasis on the applicability in female-to-male transsexuals. J Urol. 1993;150:1093-8 pubmed
- Edwards J, Gallagher D, Prakash B. Urethral atresia with uroperitoneum in a newborn bovine freemartin. Vet Pathol. 1994;31:117-9 pubmed