Genomes and Genes
costs and cost analysis
Summary: Absolute, comparative, or differential costs pertaining to services, institutions, resources, etc., or the analysis and study of these costs.
Publications387 found, 100 shown here
- The cost of 1989 workers' compensation low back pain claimsB S Webster
Liberty Mutual Insurance Company, Hopkinton, MA
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 19:1111-5; discussion 1116. 1994..8%. CONCLUSIONS. Since indemnity costs represent the greatest percentage of workers' compensation expenditure, the primary goal of low back pain management should be the prevention or reduction of prolonged disability...
- Food store types, availability, and cost of foods in a rural environmentAngela D Liese
Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Arnold School of Public Health, University of South Carolina, Columbia, SC 29208, USA
J Am Diet Assoc 107:1916-23. 2007..To characterize the built nutritional environment in terms of types and number of food stores, availability, and cost of selected food items in a rural area...
- A cost-utility analysis of pregabalin in the management of peripheral neuropathic painL Annemans
IMS Health, De Crayerstraat 6, 1000 Brussel, Belgium
Acta Clin Belg 63:170-8. 2008..To assess the cost per QALY (quality-adjusted life years) of pregabalin in the management of peripheral neuropathic pain...
- Missing... presumed at random: cost-analysis of incomplete dataAndrew Briggs
Health Economics Research Centre, University of Oxford, Institute of Health Sciences, Headington, UK
Health Econ 12:377-92. 2003....
- Hunger, waiting time and transport costs: time to confront challenges to ART adherence in AfricaA P Hardon
University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam School for Social Science Research, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
AIDS Care 19:658-65. 2007....
- Precision and accuracy in measuring absence from work as a basis for calculating productivity costs in The NetherlandsJ L Severens
Department of Medical Technology Assessment, University of Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Soc Sci Med 51:243-9. 2000..We recommend using a recall period of no more than 2 months...
- Pertussis in adolescents and adults: should we vaccinate?Grace M Lee
Center for Child Health Care Studies, Department of Ambulatory Care and Prevention, Harvard Pilgrim Health Care and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, USA
Pediatrics 115:1675-84. 2005..Combined acellular pertussis vaccines for adolescents and adults are available in Canada, Australia, and Germany and may soon be considered for use in the United States...
- Who pays for poor surgical quality? Building a business case for quality improvementJustin B Dimick
VA Outcomes Group, Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center, White River Junction, VT, USA
J Am Coll Surg 202:933-7. 2006..The goal of the present study was to determine whether hospitals or payors incur a larger burden of increased hospital costs associated with complications...
- The cost of diabetes Type II in Europe: the CODE-2 StudyM Massi-Benedetti
Dipartimento di Medicina Interna, Universita di Perugia, Via E dal Pozzo, 06126 Perugia, Italy
Diabetologia 45:S1-4. 2002
- The clinical impact and cost-effectiveness of routine, voluntary HIV screening in South AfricaRochelle P Walensky
Division of Infectious Disease, Department of Medicine, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA 02114, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 56:26-35. 2011..Although 900,000 HIV-infected South Africans receive antiretroviral therapy, the majority of South Africans with HIV remain undiagnosed...
- Non-adherence to antipsychotic medication regimens: associations with resource use and costsMartin Knapp
LSE Health and Social Care, London School of Economics and Political Science, and Centre for the Economics of Mental Health, Institute of Psychiatry, London, UK
Br J Psychiatry 184:509-16. 2004..Several factors are thought to influence resource use and costs in treating schizophrenia...
- Population-wide benefits of routine vaccination of children against influenzaDerek Weycker
Policy Analysis Inc, Four Davis Court, Brookline, MA 02445, USA
Vaccine 23:1284-93. 2005..Similar reductions were estimated to occur in influenza-related mortality and economic costs...
- A comparison of the availability and affordability of a market basket in two communities in the Chicago areaDaniel Block
Department of Geography, Sociology, Economics, and Anthropology, Chicago State University, 9501 South King Drive, Chicago, IL 60628, USA
Public Health Nutr 9:837-45. 2006..Detailed analysis focuses on the relationship between community store mix and price, availability and produce quality...
- Estimating patient time costs associated with colorectal cancer careK Robin Yabroff
Health Services and Economics Branch Applied Research Program, Division of Cancer Control and Population Sciences, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 7344, USA
Med Care 43:640-8. 2005..Nonmedical costs of care, such as patient time associated with travel to, waiting for, and seeking medical care, are rarely measured systematically with population-based data...
- Brain drain and health professionalsTikki Pang
BMJ 324:499-500. 2002
- Modeling the impact and costs of semiannual mass drug administration for accelerated elimination of lymphatic filariasisWilma A Stolk
Department of Public Health, Erasmus MC, University Medical Center Rotterdam, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
PLoS Negl Trop Dis 7:e1984. 2013..Semiannual MDA is likely to shorten the time and lower the cost required for LF elimination in countries where it can be implemented. This strategy may improve prospects for global elimination of LF by the target year 2020...
- What should be done about policy on alcohol pricing and promotions? Australian experts' views of policy priorities: a qualitative interview studyAndrea S Fogarty
Sydney School of Public Health, The University of Sydney, Edward Ford Building A27, Sydney, NSW 2006, Australia
BMC Public Health 13:610. 2013..We investigate policy experts' views on alcohol policy priorities with a view to establishing levels of accord and providing suggestions for future advocates...
- The evolving cost of HIV in South Africa: changes in health care cost with duration on antiretroviral therapy for public sector patientsGuy Harling
Desmond Tutu HIV Centre, Institute of Infectious Disease and Molecular Medicine, Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Cape Town, Cape Town, South Africa
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 45:348-54. 2007..This analysis suggests that the total cost of treatment for patients on ART falls by almost half after 1 year, largely attributable to a reduction in hospital costs...
- Impact of European pharmaceutical price regulation on generic price competition: a reviewJaume Puig-Junoy
Research Centre for Economics and Health CRES, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, Barcelona, Spain
Pharmacoeconomics 28:649-63. 2010....
- [A proposed guideline for economic evaluation of health technologies]Julio Lopez Bastida
Servicio Canario de Salud, Unidad de Planificación y Evaluación, Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Spain
Gac Sanit 24:154-70. 2010....
- Costs and quality of life in multiple sclerosis in Europe: method of assessment and analysisGisela Kobelt
Lund University, Lund, Sweden
Eur J Health Econ 7:S5-13. 2006..This paper describes the methodology used for the study, while results are presented in the individual country reports...
- Cost analysis for efficient management: diabetes treatment at a public district hospital in ThailandArthorn Riewpaiboon
Division of Social and Administrative Pharmacy, Department of Pharmacy, Mahidol University, Bangkok
Int J Pharm Pract 19:342-9. 2011..Nonetheless, given the high avoidable cost associated with complications of diabetes, healthcare providers in Thailand should focus on initiatives that delay the progression of complications in diabetic patients...
- Cost-effectiveness of pregabalin for the management of neuropathic pain associated with diabetic peripheral neuropathy and postherpetic neuralgia: a Canadian perspectiveJean Eric Tarride
Program for Assessment of Technology in Health, St Joseph s Healthcare, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Clin Ther 28:1922-34. 2006..In addition to potentially lasting many years, the relationship between chronic pain, anxiety/depression, and sleep, also referred to as the triad of pain, causes functional impairment in many areas of life...
- The costs of caring for stroke patients in a GP-led community hospital: an application of programme budgeting and marginal analysisL R Henderson
RCN Institute, Radcliffe Infirmary, UK
Health Soc Care Community 9:244-54. 2001..Current evidence suggests that health outcomes are unchanged due to early discharge, but further research is required to ensure that patients' health status and quality of life are maintained before such a policy is widely adopted...
- Evidence for the effect of disease management: is $1 billion a year a good investment?Soeren Mattke
RAND Health, 1200 S Hayes St, Arlington, VA 22202, USA
Am J Manag Care 13:670-6. 2007..To assess the evidence for the effect of disease management on quality of care, disease control, and cost, with a focus on population-based programs...
- Telephone-delivered interventions for physical activity and dietary behavior change: an updated systematic reviewAna D Goode
Cancer Prevention Research Centre, School of Population Health, The University of Queensland, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Am J Prev Med 42:81-8. 2012..The purpose of this systematic review is to update the evidence for their potential to inform translation, including effectiveness in promoting maintenance, reporting on implementation, and costs...
- The practice of discounting in economic evaluations of healthcare interventionsD H Smith
University of York, USA
Int J Technol Assess Health Care 17:236-43. 2001..A lower likelihood of discounting for benefits when they are in natural units may indicate confusion regarding the rationale for discounting health effects...
- Community-directed treatment with ivermectin in two Nigerian communities: an analysis of first year start-up processes, costs and consequencesObinna Onwujekwe
Health Policy Research Unit, Department of Pharmacology and Therapeutics, College of Medicine, University of Nigeria, P M B 01129, Enugu, Nigeria
Health Policy 62:31-51. 2002..The other objectives were to discover the community-financing mechanisms, local ivermectin distribution strategies and communities' organisational capacity to handle the programme...
- Is price a barrier to eating more fruits and vegetables for low-income families?Diana Cassady
Department of Public Health Sciences, University of California, Davis, CA 9561, USA
J Am Diet Assoc 107:1909-15. 2007....
- Suppression of exposure to malaria vectors by an order of magnitude using microbial larvicides in rural KenyaUlrike Fillinger
School of Biological and Biomedical Sciences, Durham University, Durham, UK
Trop Med Int Health 11:1629-42. 2006..To determine the contribution larviciding could make to reduce the burden of malaria, by conducting a trial of microbial larvicides in a 4.5 km2 area in and around a large village in rural western Kenya...
- The impact of a worksite migraine intervention program on work productivity, productivity costs, and non-workplace impairment among Spanish postal service employees from an employer perspectiveTeofila Vicente-Herrero
Correos y Telégrafos de España, Valencia, Spain
Curr Med Res Opin 20:1805-14. 2004..Migraine is associated with a significant productivity loss to employers, who may benefit from making a migraine intervention available to their employees...
- How do minimum cigarette price laws affect cigarette prices at the retail level?E C Feighery
Public Health Institute, Oakland, California, USA
Tob Control 14:80-5. 2005..This study assesses whether stores in states with minimum price laws have higher cigarette prices and lower rates of retailer participation in cigarette company promotional incentive programmes...
- The economic burden of osteoarthritisRyan Bitton
Health Plan of Nevada, Inc, Las Vegas, NV 88011, USA
Am J Manag Care 15:S230-5. 2009..Despite the need for wide-ranging and up-to-date data on the economics of OA treatment to clarify the most effective treatments and the best use of resources, this area of study has received insufficient research attention...
- Health promotion in the workplace: framing the concept; reviewing the evidenceM Shain
Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, 33 Russell St, Toronto, Canada, M5S 2S1
Occup Environ Med 61:643-8, 585. 2004
- The World Health Organization Health and Work Performance Questionnaire (HPQ)Ronald C Kessler
Department of Health Care Policy, Harvard Medical School, 180 Longwood Avenue, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Occup Environ Med 45:156-74. 2003..The paper closes with a brief discussion of the calibration methodology used to monetize HPQ reports and of future directions in substantive research based on the HPQ...
- Variable costs of ICU patients: a multicenter prospective studyCarlotta Rossi
Centro di Ricerche Cliniche per le Malattie Rare Aldo e Cele Daccò, Istituto di Ricerche Farmacologiche Mario Negri, Ranica, Italy
Intensive Care Med 32:545-52. 2006..To analyze the costs of treating critically ill patients...
- Impact of model, methodological, and parameter uncertainty in the economic analysis of vaccination programsM Brisson
Modelling and Economics Unit, Health Protection Agency, London, UK
Med Decis Making 26:434-46. 2006..Thus, the authors clearly show that model and methodological assumptions can have greater impact on results than parameter estimates, although sensitivity analyses are rarely performed on these sources of uncertainty...
- Incremental system costs of introducing combined DTwP-hepatitis B-Hib vaccine into national immunization services in EthiopiaUlla K Griffiths
Hib Initiative, Health Policy Unit, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, Keppel Street, London WC1E 7HT, United Kingdom
Vaccine 27:1426-32. 2009..This vaccine was substituted with DTwP in a 10-dose vial. We aimed to estimate the incremental system costs of pentavalent vaccine delivery...
- Price and cigarette consumption in EuropeS Gallus
Istituto di Ricerche Farmacologiche Mario Negri, Milan, Italy
Tob Control 15:114-9. 2006..To analyse the variation in demand for tobacco according to price of cigarettes across the European region...
- The AMPATH medical record system: creating, implementing, and sustaining an electronic medical record system to support HIV/AIDS care in western KenyaWilliam M Tierney
Indiana University School of Medicine and the Regenstrief Institute, Indianapolis, Indiana, USA
Stud Health Technol Inform 129:372-6. 2007..g., tracing patients who fail to return for appointments), strategic planning (e.g., hiring health care providers and staff), reports to national AIDS programs and funding agencies, and research...
- Modeling the long-term outcomes and costs of HIV antiretroviral therapy using HIV RNA levels: application to a clinical trialJ Cook
Merck and Co, Inc, Whitehouse Station, New Jersey 08889, USA
AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses 15:499-508. 1999..At 20 years, the incremental cost per life-year gained by adding IDV to a ZDV+3TC regimen was estimated at $13,229, which is well within the range of other widely accepted medical interventions...
- Assessing the impact of complications on the costs of Type II diabetesR Williams
Nuffield Institute for Health, Division of Public Health, University of Leeds, UK
Diabetologia 45:S13-7. 2002..Type II diabetes is associated with a number of serious long-term complications, which are a major cause of morbidity, hospitalisation and mortality in diabetic patients...
- Globalization and the price decline of illicit drugsCláudia Costa Storti
European Monitoring Center for Drugs and Drug Addiction, Rua da Cruz de Santa Apolónia 23 25, PT 1149 045 Lisbon, Portugal
Int J Drug Policy 20:48-61. 2009..It also aims at analysing the implications of this decline for drug policies...
- Management of syncope: clinical and economic impact of a Syncope UnitFabrizio Ammirati
Department of Cardiology, G B Grassi Hospital, Via Passeroni 28, Ostia Lido, Roma, Italy
Europace 10:471-6. 2008..Aim of this observational study is to evaluate the clinical performance of a Syncope Unit, in order to assess whether the implemented organization really improves syncope management...
- Free cholesterol testing as a motivation device in blood donations: evidence from field experimentsLorenz Goette
Center for Behavioral Economics and Decision Making, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Transfusion 49:524-31. 2009..Health tests are often seen as promising donor incentives to improve the supply of blood. However, systematic behavioral evidence on donor recruitment is scarce...
- Comparison of multiplex ligation-dependent probe amplification and karyotyping in prenatal diagnosisElisabeth M Boormans
Academic Medical Center Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Obstet Gynecol 115:297-303. 2010....
- Are the lowest-cost healthful food plans culturally and socially acceptable?Matthieu Maillot
1INSERM U476, UMR1260, Nutriments Lipidiques et Prévention des Maladies Métaboliques, Marseille, France
Public Health Nutr 13:1178-85. 2010....
- Impact of the Japanese diagnosis procedure combination-based payment system in JapanKai Wang
Department of Medical Information and Management Science, Nagoya University Graduate School of Medicine, 65 Tsurumai, Showa Ku, Nagoya 466 8550, Japan
J Med Syst 34:95-100. 2010..Its introduction should thus be performed with sufficient caution. We will make greater efforts to establish a better medical fee system by evaluating these problems...
- Effects of an adverse-drug-event alert system on cost and quality outcomes in community hospitalsFrank Piontek
College of William and Mary, Williamsburg, VA, USA
Am J Health Syst Pharm 67:613-20. 2010..The effects of an adverse-drug-event (ADE) alert system on cost and quality outcomes in community hospitals were evaluated...
- Economic evaluations in Italy: a review of the literatureLivio Garattini
Centre for Health Economics, Angelo e Angela Valenti, Institute for Pharmacological Research Mario Negri, Ranica Bergamo, Italy
Int J Technol Assess Health Care 19:685-91. 2003..To review the economic evaluations (EEs) done in Italy by Italian authors, following a common scheme to allow some comparisons of the studies selected and with the international reviews...
- Evaluation of non-medical costs associated with visual impairment in four European countries: France, Italy, Germany and the UKAntoine Lafuma
Cemka Eval, Bourg la Reine, France
Pharmacoeconomics 24:193-205. 2006..We estimated the non-medical costs related to visual impairment in four European countries: France, Italy, Germany and the UK...
- Specific net present value: an improved method for assessing modularisation costs in water services with growing demandM Maurer
Eawag, Swiss Federal Institute of Aquatic Science and Technology, Dubendorf, Switzerland
Water Res 43:2121-30. 2009....
- The cost-effectiveness of integrated home care and discharge practice for home care patientsTeija Hammar
the National Institute for Health and Welfare, PO Box 30, 00271 Helsinki, Finland
Health Policy 92:10-20. 2009..To evaluate the effects of integrated home care and discharge practice (IHCaD-practice) on the use of services and cost-effectiveness...
- Activity-based costing methodology as tool for costing in hematopathology laboratorySumeet Gujral
Hematopathology Laboratory, Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai, India
Indian J Pathol Microbiol 53:68-74. 2010..Cost analysis in laboratories represents a necessary phase in their scientific progression...
- The feasibility of a Paleolithic diet for low-income consumersMatthew Metzgar
Department of Business, SUNY Alfred State College, Alfred, NY 14802, USA
Nutr Res 31:444-51. 2011..However, the diet does fall short of meeting the daily recommended intakes for certain micronutrients. A 9.3% increase in income is needed to consume a Paleolithic diet that meets all daily recommended intakes except for calcium...
- Evolutionary cost analysis of valsartan initiation among patients with hypertension: a time series approachPeter Sun
Kailo Research Group, Fishers, IN 46038, USA
J Med Econ 15:8-18. 2012..This study examines the evolutionary impact of valsartan initiation on medical costs...
- Undertreatment of COPD: a retrospective analysis of US managed care and Medicare patientsBarry Make
National Jewish Health, Denver, CO, USA
Int J Chron Obstruct Pulmon Dis 7:1-9. 2012..We investigated a large population of patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) to determine their frequency of medication use and patterns of pharmacotherapy...
- Applying activity-based costing to the nuclear medicine unitSakesun Suthummanon
Faculty of Engineering, Department of Industrial Engineering, Prince of Songkla University, Thailand
Health Serv Manage Res 18:141-50. 2005..The ABC system will also help hospitals control costs, improve the quality and efficiency of the care they provide, and manage their resources better...
- Cost analysis of Gamma Knife stereotactic radiosurgeryAlison Griffiths
NHMRC Clinical Trials Centre, University of Sydney, Camperdown, New South Wales 2050, Austria
Int J Technol Assess Health Care 23:488-94. 2007..However, some countries including Australia have not recommended additional reimbursement for dedicated systems. This study compares the costs of Linac radiosurgery with Gamma Knife radiosurgery...
- Price increase causes fewer sales of factory-made cigarettes and higher sales of cheaper loose tobacco in GermanyReiner Hanewinkel
Institute for Therapy and Health Research, IFT Nord, Kiel, Germany
Health Econ 17:683-93. 2008..Price differentials between tobacco products should be reduced in order to maximize the public health benefits of high cigarette prices...
- Reductions in human papillomavirus-disease resource use and costs with quadrivalent human papillomavirus (types 6, 11, 16, and 18) recombinant vaccination: the FUTURE Study Economic EvaluationRalph P Insinga
Department of Health Economics Statistics, Merck Research Laboratories, North Wales, PA 19454 1099, USA
Value Health 11:1022-32. 2008..To examine the short-term impact of quadrivalent human papillomavirus (HPV) (types 6/11/16/18) recombinant vaccination upon HPV disease-related health-care resource utilization and costs among young women...
- Incremental absenteeism due to headaches in migraine: results from the Mig-Access French national cohortP Michel
CCECQA, CHU Bordeaux, France
Cephalalgia 19:503-10. 1999..To assess the costs of headache-related absenteeism of community-dwelling migraineurs, and to compare the amount of absenteeism between migraineurs aged 18 and older and age, sex, and occupation-matched nonheadache-prone subjects...
- Comorbid depression is associated with increased health care use and expenditures in individuals with diabetesLeonard E Egede
Department of Medicine, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, South Carolina 29401, USA
Diabetes Care 25:464-70. 2002..This study ascertained the odds of diagnosed depression in individuals with diabetes and the relation between depression and health care use and expenditures...
- Tetrazolium microplate assay as a rapid and inexpensive colorimetric method for determination of antibiotic susceptibility of Mycobacterium tuberculosisLuz Caviedes
Infectious Diseases Laboratory, Pathology Department, Universidad Peruana Cayetano Heredia, Lima, Peru
J Clin Microbiol 40:1873-4. 2002..A new, rapid, easily read, and inexpensive colorimetric method with a tetrazolium indicator performs this determination as quickly and accurately as the more expensive Alamar Blue technique...
- Revealing the cost of Type II diabetes in EuropeB Jonsson
Centre for Health Economics, Stockholm School of Economics, Box 6501, 113 83 Stockholm, Sweden
Diabetologia 45:S5-12. 2002..The study evaluated more than 7000 patients with Type II diabetes in eight countries -- Belgium, France, Germany, Italy, the Netherlands, Spain, Sweden and the United Kingdom...
- Cost utility of prenatal diagnosis and the risk-based thresholdRyan A Harris
Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology, and Reproductive Sciences, University of California, San Francisco, CA, USA
Lancet 363:276-82. 2004..We aimed to assess the economic validity of thresholds based on age or risk for offering invasive prenatal diagnosis...
- A population-based study of the costs of care for community-acquired pneumoniaM Bartolome
Consorci Sanitari de Mataró, Mataro, Spain
Eur Respir J 23:610-6. 2004..4%. Community-acquired pneumonia in Maresme, Spain, occurs at a low incidence, although with a high percentage of hospitalisations (in part inappropriate), resulting in considerable costs...
- Premorbid, psychosocial and clinical predictors of the costs of schizophrenia and other psychosesVaughan J Carr
Centre for Mental Health Studies, University of Newcastle and Hunter Area Health ServiceCallaghan, NSW, Australia
Br J Psychiatry 184:517-25. 2004..Predictors of the costs of psychosis have received insufficient research attention, particularly factors associated with indirect costs...
- Cost of multiple sclerosis in EuropeG Kobelt
European Health Economics France, Speracedes, France
Eur J Neurol 12:63-7. 2005
- Self-reports of health-care utilization: diary or questionnaire?Mandy Van Den Brink
Leiden University Medical Center, The Netherlands
Int J Technol Assess Health Care 21:298-304. 2005..The feasibility and convergent validity of a cost diary and a cost questionnaire was investigated...
- [Empirical standard costs for health economic evaluation in Germany -- a proposal by the working group methods in health economic evaluation]C Krauth
Abt Epidemiologie, Sozialmedizin und Gesundheitssystemforschung, Medizinische Hochschule Hannover
Gesundheitswesen 67:736-46. 2005..This should be taken into account when updating the system of standard costs...
- Integrating economic costs into conservation planningRobin Naidoo
Conservation Science Program, WWF US, 1250 24th Street NW, Washington, DC 20037, USA
Trends Ecol Evol 21:681-7. 2006..We assess how costs fit into this new framework and consider prospects for integrating them into conservation planning...
- Monetary costs of dietary energy reported by young Japanese women: association with food and nutrient intake and body mass indexKentaro Murakami
Nutritional Epidemiology Program, National Institute of Health and Nutrition, Toyama 1 23 1, Shinjuku ku, Tokyo 162 8636, Japan
Public Health Nutr 10:1430-9. 2007..This study examined monetary cost of dietary energy in relation to diet quality and body mass index (BMI) among young Japanese women...
- The cost of US foods as related to their nutritive valueAdam Drewnowski
Center for Public Health Nutrition, School of Public Health, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195 3410, USA
Am J Clin Nutr 92:1181-8. 2010..Comparisons of the cost of different foods relative to their energy and nutritive value were conducted in the 1800s by the US Department of Agriculture (USDA)...
- Hypoglycemia: an overview of fear of hypoglycemia, quality-of-life, and impact on costsCarrie Fidler
Abacus International, Bicester, Oxfordshire, UK
J Med Econ 14:646-55. 2011..The positive impact of good glycemic control is, however, counterbalanced by the negative impact of an increased incidence of hypoglycemia...
- Activity-based cost analysis: a method of analyzing the financial and operating performance of academic radiology departmentsM D Cohen
Department of Radiology, Indiana University Hospital, Indianapolis, USA
Radiology 215:708-16. 2000....
- A minimum income for healthy livingJ N Morris
Health Promotion Research Unit, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, Keppel Street, London WC1E 7HT, UK
J Epidemiol Community Health 54:885-9. 2000..Their minimal money costs, together with those of a home and other basic necessities, indicate disposable income that is now essential for health...
- The direct cost and incidence of systemic fungal infectionsLeslie S Wilson
Department of Clinical Pharmacy, University of California San Francisco, 3333 California Street, Suite 420M, San Francisco, CA 94118, USA
Value Health 5:26-34. 2002..In this study we determined the incidence and direct inpatient and outpatient costs of systemic fungal infections (candidiasis, aspergillosis, cryptococcosis, histoplasmosis) in 1998...
- [Operative approaches, indications, and medical economics evaluation of 4180 cases of hysterectomy]Xian Jie Tan
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, PUMC Hospital, CAMS and PUMC, Beijing 100730, China
Zhongguo Yi Xue Ke Xue Yuan Xue Bao 25:406-9. 2003..To examine the operative approaches, major indications, and medical economic parameters of the hysterectomy...
- Cost-utility analysis of varenicline versus existing smoking cessation strategies using the BENESCO Simulation model: application to a population of US adult smokersPaul Howard
Heron Evidence Development Ltd, Letchworth, Hertfordshire, UK
Pharmacoeconomics 26:497-511. 2008..Despite the health and economic benefits of smoking cessation being well documented, reimbursement coverage for smoking cessation therapies is generally limited in the US and elsewhere...
- Estimated effect of alcohol pricing policies on health and health economic outcomes in England: an epidemiological modelRobin C Purshouse
Department of Automatic Control and Systems Engineering, University of Sheffield, Sheffield, UK
Lancet 375:1355-64. 2010..We assessed effects of alcohol pricing and promotion policy options in various population subgroups...
- A decision chart for assessing and improving the transferability of economic evaluation results between countriesRobert Welte
Institute of Health Economics and Health Care Management IGM, GSF National Research Center for Environment and Health, Neuherberg, Germany
Pharmacoeconomics 22:857-76. 2004..To develop a user-friendly tool for managing the transfer of economic evaluation results...
- Costs and benefits of influenza vaccination and work productivity in a Colombian company from the employer's perspectiveAlvaro Morales
Fundacion Santafe de Bogota, Colombia
Value Health 7:433-41. 2004..This study was designed to evaluate the effects of an employee influenza vaccination campaign, measured in terms of health and economic benefits...
- Cigarette purchase patterns in four countries and the relationship with cessation: findings from the International Tobacco Control (ITC) Four Country SurveyA Hyland
Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Department of Health Behavior, Elm and Carlton Streets, Buffalo, New York 14263, USA
Tob Control 15:iii59-64. 2006..This price avoidance behaviour likely dampens the health impact of higher cigarette prices although it has not been thoroughly studied...
- Cost-utility analysis from a societal perspectiveM Johannesson
Centre for Health Economics, Stockholm School of Economics, Sweden
Health Policy 39:241-53. 1997..To get more information on the willingness to pay per QALY gained so as to provide cost-utility analysis with a useful decision rule should be a research priority...
- The friction cost method: a commentM Johannesson
Department of Economics, Stockholm School of Economics, Sweden
J Health Econ 16:249-55; discussion 257-9. 1997..It is concluded that the friction cost method does not seem to be a useful alternative to the human-capital approach in the estimation of indirect costs...
- Cost of illness and disease severity in a cohort of French patients with Parkinson's diseaseC Lepen
Laboratoire d Economie et de Gestion des Organismes de Santé LEGOS, Universite Paris Dauphine, France
Pharmacoeconomics 16:59-69. 1999..To assess the relationship between severity and progression of illness in Parkinson's disease and the use of healthcare resources...
- [Analysis of the cochlear implant as a treatment technique for profound hearing loss in pre and postlocutive patients]M Manrique
Estudio Multicéntrico realizado por los Grupos de Implantación Coclear de la Clínica Universitaria de Navarra, Pamplona
Acta Otorrinolaringol Esp 57:2-23. 2006..4. Assess direct and indirect costs generated during the phases of a cochlear implantation programme. 5. Determine which factors have a high impact on the clinical evolution and the financial cost...
- Non-traditional settings for influenza vaccination of adults: costs and cost effectivenessLisa A Prosser
Department of Ambulatory Care and Prevention, Harvard Medical School and Harvard Pilgrim Health Care, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, USA
Pharmacoeconomics 26:163-78. 2008..All analyses are from the US societal perspective...
- Changing cost of HIV interventions in the context of scaling-up in IndiaLalit Dandona
George Institute for International Health India, Hyderabad, India
AIDS 22:S43-9. 2008..A rapid scaling up of HIV interventions in India is anticipated, but systematic information on how costs of HIV interventions change over time and programme scale is not available to inform planning...
- Costs of hematopoietic cell transplantation: comparison of umbilical cord blood and matched related donor transplantation and the impact of posttransplant complicationsNavneet S Majhail
University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 15:564-73. 2009..These costs are primarily driven by severe posttransplant complications, graft failure, and prolonged inpatient stay. Strategies to enhance engraftment will decrease the costs of UCB transplantation...
- Controlling the cost of innovative cancer therapeuticsNafees N Malik
Institute of Biotechnology, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, UK
Nat Rev Clin Oncol 6:550-2. 2009..This article discusses what the impact of these strategies would be in terms of their ability to reduce costs and their effect on innovative cancer drug discovery...
- A cost-utility analysis of adding a bivalent or quadrivalent HPV vaccine to the Irish cervical screening programmeAnne Dee
Health Service Executive Mid West Region, 31 33 Catherine Street, Limerick, Ireland
Eur J Public Health 20:213-9. 2010..Two newly developed vaccines against HPV infection have become available. This study is a cost-utility analysis of the HPV vaccine in Ireland, and it compares the cost-effectiveness profiles of the two vaccines...
- Cost-minimization analysis of robotic-assisted, laparoscopic, and abdominal sacrocolpopexyJohn P Judd
Division of Urogynecology and Pelvic Reconstructive Surgery, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
J Minim Invasive Gynecol 17:493-9. 2010..To perform a cost-minimization analysis comparing robotic-assisted, laparoscopic, and abdominal sacrocolpopexy...
- The effect of surgeon volume on outcomes and resource use for vaginal hysterectomyLisa J Rogo-Gupta
Division of Gynecologic Oncology, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, New York 10032, USA
Obstet Gynecol 116:1341-7. 2010..To estimate the effect of surgical volume on outcomes and resource use in women undergoing vaginal hysterectomy...
- Cost analysis of abdominal, laparoscopic, and robotic-assisted myomectomiesMillie A Behera
Divisions of Reproductive Endocrinology and Fertility, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina, USA
J Minim Invasive Gynecol 19:52-7. 2012..To perform a cost-minimization analysis of abdominal, traditional laparoscopic and robotic-assisted myomectomy...
- Outcomes of the Kaiser Permanente Tele-Home Health Research ProjectB Johnston
Home Health Department, Kaiser Permanente Medical Center, Sacramento, Calif, USA
Arch Fam Med 9:40-5. 2000..As referrals continue to increase, health care organizations are encouraged to find more effective methods for providing high-quality patient care with cost savings...
- The cost of emergency obstetric care: concepts and issuesJ Desai
Family Health International, Durham, North Carolina, USA
Int J Gynaecol Obstet 81:74-82. 2003..Thereupon the process of collecting cost data and calculating costs is outlined using a simple spreadsheet format, and issues related to the analysis of costs and cost-effectiveness are discussed...
- Distributing insecticide-treated bednets during measles vaccination: a low-cost means of achieving high and equitable coverageMark Grabowsky
American Red Cross, Washington, DC 20006 5304, USA
Bull World Health Organ 83:195-201. 2005..To achieve high and equitable coverage of insecticide-treated bednets by integrating their distribution into a measles vaccination campaign...
- Screening for cervical cancer in India: How much will it cost? A trial based analysis of the cost per case detectedRosa Legood
Health Economics Research Centre, Department of Public Health, University of Oxford, United Kingdom
Int J Cancer 117:981-7. 2005..Cytology was more effective at detecting cases than VIA but was also more expensive. Our findings indicate that HPV may not be a cost effective screening strategy in India at current consumable prices...
- High monetary costs of dietary patterns associated with lower body mass index: a population-based studyH Schroder
Lipids and Cardiovascular Epidemiology Unit, Institut Municipal d Investigacio Medica, IMIM, Barcelona, Spain
Int J Obes (Lond) 30:1574-9. 2006..The purpose of this study was to determine the cost differences between low and high adherence to two dietary patterns which have been inversely associated with body mass index (BMI) and obesity...
Research Grants105 found, 100 shown here
- STATISITICAL DESIGN, MONITORING &COORD. OF VISION CLINICAL TRIALS &EPIDEMIOLOGYKeri Hammel; Fiscal Year: 2012..Also, there will be a measurement of pressure in the eye and thickness of the cornea. To study patients'DNA, the researchers will obtain a bloo..
- STATISITICAL DESIGN, MONITORING &COORD. OF VISION CLINICAL TRIALS &EPIDEMIOLOGYKeri Hammel; Fiscal Year: 2013..Also, there will be a measurement of pressure in the eye and thickness of the cornea. To study patients'DNA, the researchers will obtain a bloo..
- Understanding/ Treating Neuropsychiatric Symptoms of Pediatric Physical IllnessEva Szigethy; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- Discovery metabolite profiling of the prolyl peptidasesAlan Saghatelian; Fiscal Year: 2009..Furthermore, the application of DMP to peptidases will demonstrate the generality of this approach for the future characterization of medically relevant enzymes and signaling pathways. ..
- Variation in M. tuberculosis in response to host selectionSarah Fortune; Fiscal Year: 2009..In these studies, we expect to provide fundamental insights into the mechanisms and targets of diversifying immune selection in M. tuberculosis. ..
- High Throughput Genotyping and DNA Sequencing for Studying the Genetic ContributiSonia Dua; Fiscal Year: 2013..The contractor is responsible for providing staff with the credentials required by CLIA. ..
- Brain Activation responses in adolescents with genetic predisposition to obesitySusan Carnell; Fiscal Year: 2011..The results may lead to new drugs and interventions to improve eating behavior, and help establish unbiased indicators of obesity risk and prognosis for use in research and clinical settings. ..
- Enhanced iron removal with peptide linked chelators targeted to ferritinElizabeth C Theil; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Comprehensive biomarker study to capitalize on existing GWAS in 10K South AsiansDanish Saleheen; Fiscal Year: 2010..We seek support for additional blood markers to PROMIS by assaying plasma biomarkers potentially relevant to atherogenesis, plaque rupture and/or thrombosis. ..
- Charles W Wilkinson; Fiscal Year: 2016..abstract_text> ..
- Soluble Epoxide Hydrolase as a Target for Ischemic CardioprotectionDonna M Van Winkle; Fiscal Year: 2012..Thus the currently proposed studies are significant in terms of clinical implications for limiting cardiac damage in the vulnerable veteran population and for fiscal health of the Department of Veterans Affairs. ..
- BRIAN JAMES MCMAHON; Fiscal Year: 2016..abstract_text> ..
- Susan Carnell; Fiscal Year: 2015..abstract_text> ..
- Integrated Microfluidic Platform for Point-of-Care SerodiagnosticsXiaowu Liang; Fiscal Year: 2013..This proposal is an effective integration of emerging microarray technologies and will set the stage for future serological detection systems. ..
- KEVIN ROBERT VINCENT; Fiscal Year: 2014....
- Marcelo B Sztein; Fiscal Year: 2016..Given the shortcomings of available measures to successfully control this infection, and its bioterrorism potential, to develop a S. dysenteriae type 1 vaccine is of great importance. ..
- Mechanisms of action of ghrelin in muscle and adipose tissue in cancer-related caJose M Garcia; Fiscal Year: 2013..Cachexia is also a complication of many other conditions including lung and heart disease and aging, the knowledge generated through this proposal also will help us in establishing new therapies for these conditions. ..
- METABOLIC SYNDROME AND PERIODONTITIS IN POSTMENOPAUSAL WOMENMichael J LaMonte; Fiscal Year: 2013..The existing resources for this secondary data analysis provide an unprecedented cost- efficient opportunity to build on established work and expand knowledge in this important area of public health. ..
- Junxuan Lu; Fiscal Year: 2014..These multiple targeting activities plus published work supporting anti- angiogenesis activity provide strong rationale for testing the efficacy of PGG for prostate cancer chemoprevention. ..
- Hepcidin-based screening for infantile iron deficiencyMark D Fleming; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Tobacco Control Research Branch Scientific and Technical Services SupportKOURTNEY MARSHALL; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- PAUL CAMILLE TUMEH; Fiscal Year: 2015..As a future independent investigator, this system will enable me to collaborate with scientists and clinicians to address a wide scope of challenges in medicine. ..
- JAMES FRANCIS MCGINNIS; Fiscal Year: 2015....
- Novel DNA-Launched Attenuated Vaccine for VEE VirusPETER M PUSHKO; Fiscal Year: 2012..If successful, this technology can potentially transform the field of live attenuated vaccines for many viral diseases. ..
- Novel, Rapidly Translatable Technologies for Healing Long Bone Segmental DefectsChristopher H Evans; Fiscal Year: 2010..If this project is successful, it will prevent much human suffering, enable people to return to work more quickly, and save money. ..
- A MicroRNA Approach to Screen for Sporadic Colon Cancer Exfoliately in Human StooFarid E Ahmed; Fiscal Year: 2010..However, larger well designed clinical studies are needed to corroborate initial results. ..
- Roy Curtiss Iii; Fiscal Year: 2016..We will also develop a RASV using S. Typhi as vector to prevent transmission and infection by Mycobacterium tuberculosis. ..
- Arcuate nucleus glutamatergic neurons modulate energy homeostasisAnthony N van den Pol; Fiscal Year: 2013..abstract_text> ..
- Clinical , Mechanical and Chemical Evaluation of Amalgam and ART RestorationsLilliam Marie Pinzon; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- The Relationship Between STK39, Salt Sensitivity, and HCTZ-induced BP ResponseYEN PEI CHRISTY CHANG; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Expanding Vietnamese Community and Academic Infrastructure for Health ResearchBang H Nguyen; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Alzheimer's Disease TherapeuticTrevor P Castor; Fiscal Year: 2012..Alternatively, at this stage, Amylon will merge with a mid-tier public company or be acquired by a multinational pharmaceutical company. ..
- INTERNET ENHANCED HEALTH PROMOTION FOR OBESE ETHNIC MINORITY ADOLESCENTSJessica A Whiteley; Fiscal Year: 2011..abstract_text> ..
- Emergency Neurophysiological Assessment Bedside Logic EngineDon M Tucker; Fiscal Year: 2010..Network access technology will facilitate remote review by expert neurologists, and a training protocol will provide first-responder usability for emergency technicians and physicians without training in clinical neurophysiology. ..
- Roy Curtiss Iii; Fiscal Year: 2014..If successful, this vaccine(s) should have a societal public health benefit of a magnitude similar to the impact of the smallpox vaccine. ..
- JEAN CLAIRE LEE; Fiscal Year: 2014..The "bioconjugate" vaccines will be tested in animal models of staphylococcal infection and processed for initial safety testing in humans. ..
- ALAN AI PING WEI; Fiscal Year: 2014..Our research aims to bridge this gap by developing rapid, high throughput and automated technologies for aflatoxin detection. ..
- JUSTIN RICHARD BAILEY; Fiscal Year: 2016..Therefore, a better understanding of viral escape from nAb and development of broadly nAb responses should facilitate HCV vaccine development. ..
- Kenneth J Gustafson; Fiscal Year: 2015..This approach is less invasive than existing devices and is expected to expand the population of individuals able to benefit from neural stimulation systems to restore bladder function. ..
- Comparative effectiveness of diabetes prevention strategies in women with GDMAssiamira Ferrara; Fiscal Year: 2010..Finding that this intervention is cost-effective in this setting should motivate its adoption at KP as well as in other health care systems. ..
- SHANTHI K SRINIVASAN; Fiscal Year: 2016..Identification of new therapies for hepatic steatosis will directly benefit the veteran population. Taken together our data from this proposal may provide novel targets for the treatment or prevention of hepatic steatosis. ..
- Patrick O'Connor; Fiscal Year: 2016....
- Advanced Nitric Oxide Release Bactericidal Urinary CathetersMark E Meyerhoff; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- UMESH RAMANLAL DESAI; Fiscal Year: 2016..The proposed research on novel dual direct inhibitors of thrombin and factor Xa aims to improve current anticoagulation therapy, which is beset with significant number of adverse reactions and limitations. ..
- Transforming PCI Informed Consent into an Evidence-based Decision-making ToolJohn A Spertus; Fiscal Year: 2010..We will then estimate the cost-savings associated with more rational BAT use to test the hypothesis that PRISM will improve the cost-effectiveness of PCI. ..
- Robust Peptide-Based Diagnostics of Botulinum ToxinsJohn E Mueller; Fiscal Year: 2012..In addition to toxin monitoring, our proposed multiplexed point-of-care diagnostic platform has valuable ramifications for public health by enabling truly individualized medicine. ..
- Vitamin A adjuvant to enhance gut immunity and rotavirus vaccines in neonatesLinda J Saif; Fiscal Year: 2010..Vitamin A adjuvants may be universally applicable, not only to rotavirus vaccines, but also to other mucosal vaccines for humans such as HIV. ..
- Durable Visible Light-activated Antivral Coatings for Fabrics Used for Personal PJOSEF STEPHAN SCHNEIDER; Fiscal Year: 2011..The goal of the research is to transition the manufacture of antiviral fabric and respirator masks from the test lab to large-scale manufacturing. ..
- C. Difficile Outcomes and Effectiveness of Treatment Strategies in SCICharlesnika T Evans; Fiscal Year: 2013..This is an important project with a strong study team. 2. Discussion of how multiple events from the same patient will be handled is needed. 3. How guarding against chance findings and selection of the validation cases is needed. ..
- Treatment of Inflammatory Bowel Disease with Ceramidase InhibitorsLynn W Maines; Fiscal Year: 2012..Extensive work, including our Preliminary Studies, suggests that inhibition of neutral ceramidase may provide a new therapy for these diseases. The proposed studies will provide the first test of this hypothesis. ..
- A Culturally Tailored LIfestyle Intervention to Prevent Diabetes in South Asians:KABAYAM M VENKAT NARAYAN; Fiscal Year: 2010..The outcomes of this project could be used to plan larger interventions to prevent diabetes in South Asians, a rapidly growing segment of the US population. ..
- Maternal nutrient restriction and nonhuman primate fetal skeletal muscle developmMin Du; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Imaging Nonlinear Absorption of Biomarkers for Improved Detection of MelanomaWarren S Warren; Fiscal Year: 2010..Reducing false negatives would reduce cancer fatalities;reducing false positives reduces overall healthcare costs. ..
- Elaine Hylek; Fiscal Year: 2015..The public health significance is enormous given the projected need for joint replacement in this patient population. ..
- Diane R Gold; Fiscal Year: 2014..If vitamin D or marine omega-3 fatty acid supplementation reduce COPD and asthma exacerbations, reduce decline of lung function, improve asthma control and/or reduce pneumonia risk, this would be of great benefit to public health. ..
- DHANANJAY MADHUKAR VAIDYA; Fiscal Year: 2015....
- Needle-Implantable, Wireless Multi-Sensor for Continuous Glucose MonitoringSanthisagar Vaddiraju; Fiscal Year: 2010..e. mice, rats) will provide an invaluable tool in diabetes drug development. ..
- Effectivenss of a New Non-Invasive Erectile Support System in Aging PopulationsS ALEXANDER WEINSTOCK; Fiscal Year: 2012....
- Effect of Lactobacillus GG on gut permeability and microbiome in VLBW neonatesROSE MARIE VISCARDI; Fiscal Year: 2013..The data generated from the proposed studies will directly lead to decisions concerning future randomized safety and efficacy trials of LGG to prevent NEC in the preterm population. ..
- Insights from Comparative Genomics for the Treatment of Pneumococcal InfectionsNatalia Luisa Hiller; Fiscal Year: 2011..PUBLIC HEALTH RELEVANCE: The long-term goal of this proposal is the diagnosis and treatment of bacterial-induced ear infections. These infections are the most common illnesses in infants and young children. ..
- Salivary-based Bone-loss Marker Detection Platform for Point-of-Care ScreeningMANAL BESHAY; Fiscal Year: 2012..Significant cost savings will be realized in the reduction of osteoporosis-related fractures and associated treatment. ..
- Enhanced Membrane Systems for Supplying Quality Drinking WaterAndrew Feiring; Fiscal Year: 2013..First reduction in THM will reduce cancer. Second enhanced disinfection will reduce infectious diseases. Third it will be of value to environmental health and occupational health activities. ..
- Exon capture and large-scale sequencing for disease-cause identification, early dFriedhelm Hildebrandt; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Anti-Fibrotic Therapy for Scleroderma/SScLatha Paka; Fiscal Year: 2010..The objective of this application is to evaluate a lead small- molecule drug candidate in two preclinical models of scleroderma/SSc to advance to SBIR Phase-II project with the ultimate objective of bringing our drug to clinical trials. ..
- New drug VS-110 for treating inflammatory bowel diseasesJinshyun Ruth Wu-Wong; Fiscal Year: 2013..9 billion in annual worldwide sales in 2011. Assuming VS- 110 has a 20% penetration into the IBD market, the estimated annual sales will be ~US$0.58 billion. ..
- Triazole hypersensitivity in Candida albicansNeeraj Chauhan; Fiscal Year: 2009..6 billion, and the average per-patient attributable cost was $31,200 (5). The present study is aimed at the development and identification of newer antifungal drug targets which may be exploited in anti-fungal drug discovery. ..
- Regional Biocontainment LaboratoryCharles Bailey; Fiscal Year: 2007..The Provost and Chief Financial Officer have committed the University to pay these costs as appropriate should they exceed the balance of the start-up contingency fund. ..
- The Prevalence of Blood Pressure Abnormalities among Veterans with SCIJill Wecht; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Irritable bowel syndrome-diarrhea: the role of gluten intolerance and HLA-DQ2MICHAEL L CAMILLERI; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- RCT of US versus CT for Patients in the ED with Suspected Renal ColicRebecca Smith Bindman; Fiscal Year: 2010..The results of this trial could lead to a change in clinical practice that is associated with both improved patient outcomes and reduced cost. ..
- Low-cost handheld medical device for neuroaxial anesthesia guidance in the obeseFRANK WILLIAM MAULDIN; Fiscal Year: 2012....
- An Innovative Endoscopic Instrument with Full-Field Viewing and Intelligent ImagiSTEVEN YI; Fiscal Year: 2010..for the next generation cystoscopy, neuroendoscopy, laparoscopy, etc. Non-medical fields to benefit this technology include commercial perimeter surveillance, and water and gas pipe inspection - another multi-billion market. ..
- Economic Consequences of Advanced Testing for Subclinical Cardiovascular DiseaseLeslee J Shaw; Fiscal Year: 2010..We will compare costs in addition to the added benefit of improved detection of heart disease risk using several cardiac biomarkers. ..
- Race, Ethnicity, Nativity and Housing Outcomes in Los AngelesEILEEN DIAZ MCCONNELL; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Medicare Part D Cost-Sharing and Treatment of Mental Disorders Among Disabled DuaJulie Marie Donohue; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Comparative effectiveness of noninvasive cardiac imagingMarcelo F Di Carli; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Low-cost Large-area High-Sensitivity X-ray Panel Detector for Digital MammographyNEAL EUGENE HARTSOUGH; Fiscal Year: 2010..Mammography will benefit due to the improved spatial resolution and reduced cost from this unique combination of detector material and readout. ..
- Cost Effectiveness of Anticoagulation Versus Genetic Testing of CYP2C9 & VKORC1 GAnna Teschemaker; Fiscal Year: 2009..The current study is proposed to assess the cost-effectiveness of genetic testing for the identified genes. ..
- SURGICAL TREATMENTS OUTCOMES PROJECT FOR DUB (STOP-DUB)Kay Dickersin; Fiscal Year: 2000..Evaluation of costs for all patients may or may not be evaluable or within budget for this project, according to the research plan. ..
- Consequences of Drug Cost Sharing:A New Randomized TrialSebastian Schneeweiss; Fiscal Year: 2006..It should further provide a set of refined tools describing how to plan, implement, and execute drug cost-saving measures, including a pre-policy impact-simulation software. ..
- SIMPLIFIED POPULATION SCREENING FOR ADULT HYPOTHYROIDISMEdwin Naylor; Fiscal Year: 2000..Screening Large populations and using very inexpensive specimens greatly enhance the cost- effectiveness of the test and the commercial application of this technology. ..
- Low-Cost, Noninvasive Liver Iron Measurements in African American Iron OverloadWilliam F Avrin; Fiscal Year: 2010..This new diagnostic tool, and the improved medical knowledge that it makes possible, will benefit millions of patients. ..
- Impact of Medicaid Policy on cardiovascular drug use and clinical outcomesMichael A Fischer; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Effectiveness of Early Stage Prostate Cancer TreatmentMARTIN G contact SANDA; Fiscal Year: 2010..We propose to compare effectiveness of different treatments for early prostate cancer (that has not yet spread) while taking into consideration differences in symptoms and quality of life that patients have before treatment. ..
- EFFECTS OF DIFFERENTIAL COST SHARING IN THE ELDERLYStephen Soumerai; Fiscal Year: 1999..abstract_text> ..
- CHILD MOBILITY: ROLE OF STRENGTH, BODY FAT & ENERGY COSTCRAIG MC DONALD; Fiscal Year: 2000....
- Low-cost tethered capsule endoscope for screening for Barrett's esophagusJason Dominitz; Fiscal Year: 2009..This has important public health implications since a cost-effective screening tool for BE could help reduce the rising incidence of deaths from esophageal adenocarcinoma. ..