Genomes and Genes
Summary: Inflammation of the kidney. It is a focal or diffuse proliferative or destructive process which may involve the glomerulus, tubule, or interstitial renal tissue. (Dorland, 27th ed)
Publications254 found, 100 shown here
- Opposite regulation of type II and III receptors for immunoglobulin G in mouse glomerular mesangial cells and in the induction of anti-glomerular basement membrane (GBM) nephritisHeinfried H Radeke
Department of Clinical Immunology and Institute of Pharmacology, Medical School of Hannover, Carl Neuberg Strasse 1, 30625 Hannover, Germany
J Biol Chem 277:27535-44. 2002..In a passive model of acute anti-glomerular basement membrane (GBM) nephritis, induction of FcgammaRIII and suppression of FcgammaRII occurred in kidney tissues...
- Molecular architecture of the Goodpasture autoantigen in anti-GBM nephritisVadim Pedchenko
Center for Matrix Biology, Division of Nephrology, Department of Medicine, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, TN 37232, USA
N Engl J Med 363:343-54. 2010..Alport's post-transplantation nephritis, which is mediated by alloantibodies against the GBM, occurs after kidney transplantation in some patients with ..
- Sublytic C5b-9 complexes induce proliferative changes of glomerular mesangial cells in rat Thy-1 nephritis through TRAF6-mediated PI3K-dependent Akt1 activationWen Qiu
Department of Immunology and Lab of Immunopathology, Nanjing Medical University, People s Republic of China
J Pathol 226:619-32. 2012The proliferation of glomerular mesangial cells (GMCs) and secretion of extracellular matrix (ECM) in rat Thy-1 nephritis (Thy-1N), resembling human mesangioproliferative glomerulonephritis (MsPGN), have been studied for many years, but ..
- Paricalcitol inhibits renal inflammation by promoting vitamin D receptor-mediated sequestration of NF-kappaB signalingXiaoyue Tan
Division of Cellular and Molecular Pathology, Department of Pathology, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15261, USA
J Am Soc Nephrol 19:1741-52. 2008..These results suggest that paricalcitol inhibits renal inflammatory infiltration and RANTES expression by promoting VDR-mediated sequestration of NF-kappaB signaling...
- BK virus nephritis after renal transplantationS Hariharan
Division of Nephrology, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53226, USA
Kidney Int 69:655-62. 2006BK viremia and nephritis are increasing problems in renal transplant recipients. The exact cause of the increasing prevalence of this condition remains poorly understood...
- IL-9 production by regulatory T cells recruits mast cells that are essential for regulatory T cell-induced immune suppressionKathrin Eller
Division of Nephrology and Hypertension, Department of Internal Medicine IV, Medical University, Innsbruck, Austria
J Immunol 186:83-91. 2011..To investigate a possible interaction, we used the Th1- and Th17-dependent model of nephrotoxic serum nephritis (NTS), in which both MCs and Tregs have been shown to play a protective role...
- Protection against autoimmune nephritis in MyD88-deficient MRL/lpr miceAtsushi Sadanaga
Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan
Arthritis Rheum 56:1618-28. 2007To determine whether innate receptor signals play an important role in the development of autoimmune nephritis in MRL/lpr mice, an experimental model of lupus nephritis.
- Immunoregulatory role of TNFalpha in inflammatory kidney diseasesThomas Ernandez
Department of Pathology, Center for Excellence in Vascular Biology, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Kidney Int 76:262-76. 2009..alpha (TNFalpha), a pleiotropic cytokine, plays important inflammatory roles in renal diseases such as lupus nephritis, anti-neutrophil cytoplasmic antibody (ANCA)-associated glomerulonephritis and renal allograft rejection...
- The pathogenesis and treatment of pediatric Henoch-Schönlein purpura nephritisYukihiko Kawasaki
Department of Pediatrics, Fukushima Medical University School of Medicine, 1 Hikariga oka, Fukushima, Fukushima 960 1295, Japan
Clin Exp Nephrol 15:648-57. 2011..Thus, it is important to clarify the onset mechanism of Henoch-Schönlein purpura nephritis (HSPN) and to identify the most appropriate treatment. We herein review the pathogenesis and treatment of HSPN...
- A protective role of Mer receptor tyrosine kinase in nephrotoxic serum-induced nephritisWen Hai Shao
Department of Medicine, Temple University, Philadelphia, PA 19140, USA
Clin Immunol 136:236-44. 2010..Mer thus has a critical role in attenuating renal inflammation, both as a receptor for apoptotic cells and as a molecule that downregulates inflammation...
- Interleukin-6 promoter polymorphism -174 G/C is associated with nephritis in Portuguese Caucasian systemic lupus erythematosus patientsMaria Jose Santos
Rheumatology Research Unit, Instituto de Medicina Molecular, Faculdade de Medicina da Universidade de Lisboa, Lisbon, Portugal
Clin Rheumatol 30:409-13. 2011..The IL-6 gene promoter polymorphism at position -174 does not contribute to SLE susceptibility in Portuguese Caucasian patients but may predispose to specific manifestations of the disease...
- Dexamethasone prodrug treatment prevents nephritis in lupus-prone (NZB × NZW)F1 mice without causing systemic side effectsFang Yuan
University of Nebraska Medical Center, NE 68198, USA
Arthritis Rheum 64:4029-39. 2012To evaluate the potentially improved therapeutic efficacy and safety of nephrotropic macromolecular prodrugs of glucocorticoids (GCs) for the treatment of lupus nephritis.
- Excreted urinary mediators in an animal model of experimental immune nephritis with potential pathogenic significanceTianfu Wu
University of Texas Southwestern Medical School at Dallas, New York 75390, USA
Arthritis Rheum 56:949-59. 2007Currently, proteinuria is viewed as the earliest indicator of renal disease in immune-mediated nephritis. The objective of this study was to determine whether additional mediators may be excreted in the urine during immune-mediated ..
- Serial non-invasive monitoring of renal disease following immune-mediated injury using near-infrared optical imagingYong Du
Internal Medicine Rheumatology, University of Texas, Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas, USA
PLoS ONE 7:e43941. 2012..The LI-COR IRDye® 800CW RGD optical probe (RGD probe) is a NIR fluorophore, that can target integrin alpha v beta 3 (α(v)β(3)) in tissues...
- Both complement and IgG fc receptors are required for development of attenuated antiglomerular basement membrane nephritis in miceMarielle A Otten
Department of Nephrology, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
J Immunol 183:3980-8. 2009....
- Involvement of mesangial cells expressing alpha-smooth muscle actin during restorative glomerular remodeling in Thy-1.1 nephritisKoichiro Ichimura
Department of Anatomy, Juntendo University School of Medicine, 2 1 1 Hongo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 8421, Japan
J Histochem Cytochem 54:1291-301. 2006..In addition, an actin-binding protein, drebrin, was localized in all MC processes extending toward various directions throughout the course of nephritis, suggesting that drebrin is involved in the formation of MC processes.
- Henoch-Schönlein purpura nephritis complicated by reversible posterior leukoencephalopathy syndromeDaimei Sasayama
Third Department of Medicine, Shinshu University School of Medicine, 3 1 1 Asahi, Matsumoto 390 8621, Japan
Clin Rheumatol 26:1761-3. 2007We report a young female patient with Henoch-Schönlein purpura (HSP) nephritis complicated by reversible posterior leukoencephalopathy syndrome (RPLS)...
- Effects of allopurinol treatment on the progression of chronic nephritis in Canine leishmaniosis (Leishmania infantum)K Plevraki
Clinic of Companion Animal Medicine, School of Veterinary Medicine, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece
J Vet Intern Med 20:228-33. 2006..Mesangioproliferative and tubulointerstitial nephritis were detected even in group A and CA dogs...
- Prevention of nephritis in major histocompatibility complex class II-deficient MRL-lpr miceA M Jevnikar
Robarts Research Institute, University of Western Ontario, London, Canada
J Exp Med 179:1137-43. 1994..Whereas non-MHC linked genes can have a profound effect on the development of nephritis, lymphadenopathy, and anti-DNA antibody production in MRL-lpr mice, the role of MHC molecules has not been ..
- TL1A both promotes and protects from renal inflammation and injuryRafia S Al-Lamki
Department of Medicine, University of Cambridge, Addenbrooke s Hospital, Cambridge CB2 2QQ, UK
J Am Soc Nephrol 19:953-60. 2008....
- Apoptosis of glomerular mesangial cells induced by sublytic C5b-9 complexes in rats with Thy-1 nephritis is dependent on Gadd45 gamma upregulationWen Qiu
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing, Jiangsu, PR China
Eur J Immunol 39:3251-66. 2009..cell apoptosis, but the mechanism of sublytic C5b-9-mediated glomerular mesangial cell (GMC) apoptosis in Thy-1 nephritis (Thy-1N) remains largely unclear...
- High-mobility group box-1 protein promotes granulomatous nephritis in adenine-induced nephropathyYoko Oyama
Department of Laboratory and Vascular Medicine, Kagoshima University Graduate School of Medical and Dental Sciences, Kagoshima, Japan
Lab Invest 90:853-66. 2010Granulomatous nephritis can be triggered by diverse factors and results in kidney failure. However, despite accumulating data about granulomatous inflammation, pathogenetic mechanisms in nephritis remain unclear...
- The proteasome inhibitor bortezomib depletes plasma cells and protects mice with lupus-like disease from nephritisKirsten Neubert
Interdisciplinary Center for Clinical Research, research group N2, Nikolaus Fiebiger Center of Molecular Medicine, University Hospital Erlangen, Glückstrasse 6, 91054 Erlangen, Germany
Nat Med 14:748-55. 2008..Hence, the elimination of autoreactive plasma cells by proteasome inhibitors might represent a new treatment strategy for antibody-mediated diseases...
- CCR7 deficiency exacerbates injury in acute nephritis due to aberrant localization of regulatory T cellsKathrin Eller
Innsbruck Medical University, Clinical Division of Internal Medicine IV Nephrology and Hypertension, Anichstrasse 35, 6020 Innsbruck, Austria
J Am Soc Nephrol 21:42-52. 2010..T cells mediate the pathogenesis of experimental accelerated nephrotoxic serum nephritis (NTS), including its suppression by regulatory T cells (Tregs), but the contribution of CCR7 to this disease is ..
- Urinary excretion of interleukin-6 correlates with proteinuria in acute Puumala hantavirus-induced nephritisSatu Makela
Medical School, University of Tampere and Tampere University Hospital, Tampere, Finland
Am J Kidney Dis 43:809-16. 2004..Cytokines are thought to have an important role in the pathogenesis of NE. The aim of this study is to evaluate whether cytokines contribute to renal involvement in NE...
- The complement C5b-9 complexes induced injury of glomerular mesangial cells in rats with Thy-1 nephritis by increasing nitric oxide synthesisYingwei Wang
Department of Immunology, Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing Hanzhong Road 140, Jiangsu Province, 210029, PR China
Life Sci 79:182-92. 2006Thy-1 nephritis (Thy-1 N), namely, anti-Thy-1 or anti-thymocyte serum (ATS) induced nephritis (ATSN), is a typical model of human mesangioproliferative glomerulonephritis...
- Inhibition of macrophage nuclear factor-kappaB leads to a dominant anti-inflammatory phenotype that attenuates glomerular inflammation in vivoHeather M Wilson
Department of Medicine and Therapeutics, University of Aberdeen, Institute of Medical Sciences, Foresterhill, Aberdeen, Scotland, AB25 2ZD, UK
Am J Pathol 167:27-37. 2005..nitric oxide synthase and MHC class II expression when activated naturally in glomeruli of rats with nephrotoxic nephritis. Furthermore, although they only comprised 15% of glomerular macrophages, their presence significantly reduced ..
- Effective duration of antimicrobial therapy for the treatment of acute lobar nephroniaChi Hui Cheng
Division of Pediatric Nephrology, Department of Pediatrics, Chang Gung Children s Hospital, Taoyuan, Taiwan
Pediatrics 117:e84-9. 2006..The goal of this prospective study was to compare the treatment efficacy for pediatric patients who had ALN with a 3- vs 2-week intravenous plus oral antimicrobial-therapy regimen...
- Henoch-Schönlein purpura nephritis in children: risk factors, prevention and treatmentRadovan Bogdanovic
The Institute of Mother and Child Healthcare of Serbia Dr Vukan Cupic, Belgrade, Serbia
Acta Paediatr 98:1882-9. 2009To identify risk factors for a child with Henoch-Schönlein purpura (HSP) either to develop nephritis (HSPN) or to contract progressive course and to obtain the currently available evidence on the efficacy of treatment options in both ..
- Granulomatous nephritis associated with R334Q mutation in NOD2Silvia Mónica Meiorin
J Rheumatol 34:1945-7. 2007
- Glomerulosclerosis develops in Thy-1 nephritis under persistent accumulation of macrophagesYoko Kaneko
Second Department of Internal Medicine, Shinshu University School of Medicine, Saku, Japan
Pathol Int 53:507-17. 2003..relationship between macrophages and development of glomerulosclerosis, the authors developed a new experimental nephritis model with macrophages persisting in Thy-1 nephritis...
- Alpha-lipoic acid attenuates cisplatin-induced acute kidney injury in mice by suppressing renal inflammationKyung Pyo Kang
Department of Internal Medicine and Renal Regeneration Laboratory, Chonbuk National University Medical School, Jeonju, Republic of Korea
Nephrol Dial Transplant 24:3012-20. 2009..The goals of this study were to investigate the anti-inflammatory effects of alpha-LA during cisplatin-induced renal injury and to examine the mechanisms of protection...
- IgA nephropathy and Henoch-Schoenlein purpura nephritis: aberrant glycosylation of IgA1, formation of IgA1-containing immune complexes, and activation of mesangial cellsJan Novak
University of Alabama at Birmingham, Department of Microbiology, Birmingham, AL 35294, USA
Contrib Nephrol 157:134-8. 2007..The circulating IgA1 of patients with Henoch-Schoenlein purpura nephritis (HSPN) has a similar defect...
- Ubiquitin-dependent degradation of Smad2 is increased in the glomeruli of rats with anti-thymocyte serum nephritisAkashi Togawa
First Department of Medicine and the Department of Biochemistry 1, Hamamatsu University School of Medicine, Hamamatsu, Shizuoka, Japan
Am J Pathol 163:1645-52. 2003..this study, we investigated the regulation of Smad proteins in the glomeruli of rats with anti-thymocyte serum nephritis. We found that Smad2 protein decreased markedly in nephritic glomeruli, whereas no significant changes were ..
- [Detection of goose haemorrhagic polyomavirus (GHPV) in flocks with haemorrhagic nephritis and enteritis of geese in southern Germany]Katja Miksch
Geflügelgesundheitsdienst der Tierseuchenkasse Baden Württemberg, Standort Heidelberg
Berl Munch Tierarztl Wochenschr 115:390-4. 2002Two flocks of geese in the South of Germany independently diseased on Haemorrhagic Nephritis and Enteritis of Geese (HNEG) at the age of 4 weeks. The flocks were approximately 300 km apart but had received goslings from the same hatchery...
- CD19 hyperexpression augments Sle1-induced humoral autoimmunity but not clinical nephritisXiaoyan Shi
University of Texas Southwestern Medical School, Dallas, TX 75390 8884, USA
Arthritis Rheum 56:3057-69. 2007..We undertook this study to determine the degree to which generalized B cell hyperactivity can amplify lupus pathogenesis...
- The evolution of crescentic nephritis and alveolar haemorrhage following induction of autoimmunity to glomerular basement membrane in an experimental model of Goodpasture's diseaseJohn Reynolds
Renal Section, Faculty of Medicine, Imperial College of Science, Technology and Medicine, Hammersmith Hospital, London, UK
J Pathol 200:118-29. 2003..This study examines the development of crescentic nephritis and alveolar haemorrhage in a model of Goodpasture's disease, experimental autoimmune glomerulonephritis (EAG), ..
- Rho-kinase inhibition prevents proteinuria in immune-complex-mediated antipodocyte nephritisCatherine Meyer-Schwesinger
Renal Unit, Dept of Internal Medicine, Univ Affiliated Hospital Hamburg Barmbek, Rübenkamp 220, 22291 Hamburg, Germany
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 303:F1015-25. 2012..we have developed a new experimental model of immune-mediated podocyte injury in mice, the antipodocyte nephritis (APN). Podocytes were targeted with a polyclonal antipodocyte antibody causing massive proteinuria around day 10...
- Serum protein oxidation and apolipoprotein CIII levels in people with systemic lupus erythematosus with and without nephritisPhilip E Morgan
Free Radical Group, The Heart Research Institute, Camperdown, Sydeny, Australia
Free Radic Res 41:1301-12. 2007..This study compares serum protein oxidation levels in SLE patients without and with renal involvement (lupus nephritis); the latter have a significantly poorer prognosis...
- The chemokine network in systemic lupus erythematous nephritisBrad H Rovin
The Ohio State University College of Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Nephrology, N210 Means Hall, 1654 Upham Drive, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Front Biosci 13:904-22. 2008..In animal models of SLE nephritis, intervention studies directed at chemokines or chemokine receptors have provided definitive proof that specific ..
- Granulomatous nephritis and meningoencephalomyelitis caused by Halicephalobus gingivalis in a pony geldingMasataka Akagami
Kenhoku Livestock Hygiene Service Center, Ibaraki Prefecture, 966 1 Nakagachi, Mito, Ibaraki 310 0002, Japan
J Vet Med Sci 69:1187-90. 2007..gingivalis. The present results indicated that H. gingivalis caused granulomatous nephritis and meningoencephalomyelitis in this pony gelding.
- Therapeutic effect of all-trans-retinoic acid (at-RA) on an autoimmune nephritis experimental model: role of the VLA-4 integrinMaria M Escribese
Department of Pathology, Hospital Ramon y Cajal, Universidad de Alcala, Madrid, Spain
BMC Nephrol 8:3. 2007Mercuric chloride (HgCl2) induces an autoimmune nephritis in the Brown Norway (BN) rats characterized by anti-glomerular basement membrane antibodies (anti-GBM Ab) deposition, proteinuria and a severe interstitial nephritis, all evident ..
- Predictors of outcome in Henoch-Schönlein nephritis in children and adultsRosanna Coppo
Nephrology, Dialysis and Transplantation Unit, Regina Margherita Hospital, Turin, Italy
Am J Kidney Dis 47:993-1003. 2006Factors predictive of renal outcome were investigated in 219 cases of biopsy-proven Henoch-Schönlein purpura nephritis (HSPN); 83 children and 136 adults enrolled in a national study were followed up for up to 27 years (median, 4...
- Basophils and mast cells in renal injuryMatthias Mack
Department of Internal Medicine II, University Hospital Regensburg, Regensburg, Germany
Kidney Int 76:1142-7. 2009..In this review, we describe how mast cells and basophils affect immune responses and discuss implications for renal diseases and transplant rejection...
- Platelet-complement interactions in mesangial proliferative nephritis in the ratR J Johnson
Department of Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle
Am J Pathol 138:313-21. 1991....
- Neutrophil gelatinase-associated lipocalin is instrumental in the pathogenesis of antibody-mediated nephritis in miceRahul D Pawar
Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, New York, USA
Arthritis Rheum 64:1620-31. 2012The mechanism by which anti-DNA antibodies mediate lupus nephritis has yet to be conclusively determined...
- Treatment of children with Henoch-Schönlein purpura nephritis with mycophenolate mofetilYue Du
Department of Pediatrics, Shengjing Hospital of China Medical University, Shenyang, Liaoning, China
Pediatr Nephrol 27:765-71. 2012Henoch-Schönlein purpura (HSP) can progress to Henoch-Schönlein purpura nephritis (HSPN), and the most effective management remains unclear...
- Cyclosporine A vs. methylprednisolone for Henoch-Schönlein nephritis: a randomized trialOuti Jauhola
Department of Children and Adolescents, Oulu University Hospital, PO Box 23, 90029, Oulu, Finland
Pediatr Nephrol 26:2159-66. 2011Knowledge about how to treat severe Henoch-Schönlein nephritis (HSN) is scarce. The aim of our study is to compare cyclosporine A (CyA) and methylprednisolone pulses (MP) in the treatment of severe HSN...
- Henoch-Schonlein purpura nephritis: pathophysiology, treatment, and future strategyJean Claude Davin
Department of Pediatric Nephrology, Emma Children s Hospital Academic Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Clin J Am Soc Nephrol 6:679-89. 2011Henoch-Schönlein purpura nephritis is a rare kidney disease leading to chronic kidney disease in a non-negligible percentage of patients...
- Clinical outcomes in children with Henoch-Schönlein purpura nephritis grade IIIa or IIIbYonghui Xia
Department of Nephrology, The Children s Hospital, Zhejiang University School of Medicine, Hangzhou 310006, Zhejiang Province, China
Pediatr Nephrol 26:1083-8. 2011..The incidence of HSP nephritis (HSPN) among HSP patients has been reported to be 15-62%. Even so, what constitutes severe HSPN is controversial...
- The combination of mycophenolate mofetil with corticosteroids induces remission of Henoch-Schönlein purpura nephritisPingping Ren
Kidney Disease Center, The First Affiliated Hospital, College of Medicine, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, PR China
Am J Nephrol 36:271-7. 2012Henoch-Schönlein purpura (HSP) is a form of systemic vasculitis that can progress to Henoch-Schönlein purpura nephritis (HSPN), and the most effective treatment remains controversial...
- OX40/OX40L in systemic lupus erythematosus: association with disease activity and lupus nephritisMohamed N Farres
Department of Internal Medicine, Allergy and Clinical Immunology, Ain Shams University, Cairo, Egypt
Ann Saudi Med 31:29-34. 2011OX40-OX40L interaction is implicated in the pathogenesis of systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE). We evaluated the role of OX40/OX40L as markers of disease activity and nephritis in SLE patients.
- Development of autoimmune nephritis in genetically asplenic and splenectomized BAFF transgenic miceCarrie A Fletcher
Autoimmunity Research Unit, Immunology and Inflammation Research Program, The Garvan Institute of Medical Research, Sydney, NSW, Australia
J Autoimmun 36:125-34. 2011..To ascertain the relevance of B1 and MZ-like B cells in the development of nephritis in BAFF Tg mice, we generated genetically asplenic as well as splenectomized BAFF Tg animals...
- Cyclosporin A therapy for Henoch-Schönlein nephritis with nephrotic-range proteinuriaJee Min Park
Department of Pediatrics, Ajou University School of Medicine, 5 Woncheon dong, Youngtong Gu, 442 749, Suwon, Korea
Pediatr Nephrol 26:411-7. 2011To evaluate the therapeutic role of cyclosporin A (CyA) for the treatment of Henoch-Schönlein nephritis (HSN), 29 patients (18 boys, 11 girls) with nephrotic-range proteinuria were analyzed retrospectively. Mean age was 8...
- A Lectin-EGF antibody promotes regulatory T cells and attenuates nephrotoxic nephritis via DC-SIGN on dendritic cellsMinchao Cai
Department of Pediatrics, Ruijin Hospital, Shanghai Jiao Tong University School of Medicine, 197 Ruijin Er Road, Shanghai 200025, China
J Transl Med 11:103. 2013..Under certain conditions, DC-SIGN signalling may result in inhibition of DC maturation, by promoting regulatory T cell (Treg) function and affecting Th1/Th2 bias...
- Induction of urokinase receptor expression in nephrotoxic nephritisY Xu
INSERM U 489, , Paris, France
Exp Nephrol 9:397-404. 2001..the expression of uPAR by immunohistochemistry and in situ hybridization in an accelerated model of nephrotoxic nephritis in rats...
- Induction of nephrotoxic serum nephritis in inbred mice and suppressive effect of colchicine on the development of this nephritisShih Ming Chen
Department of Drug Information and Communication, Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Chiba University, Chiba shi, Japan
Pharmacol Res 45:319-24. 2002Accelerated nephrotoxic serum (NTS) nephritis is successfully produced in C57BL/6 mice, using anti-murine glomerular basement membrane (GBM) rabbit antiserum...
- Nrf2 deficiency improves autoimmune nephritis caused by the fas mutation lprNaoki Morito
Institute of Basic Medical Sciences, Institute of Clinical Medicine and Center for Tsukuba Advanced Research Alliance, University of Tsukuba, Tsukuba, Ibaraki, Japan
Kidney Int 65:1703-13. 2004..We previously reported that Nrf2-deficient female mice develop lupus-like autoimmune nephritis (Kidney Int 60:1343-1353, 2001)...
- Effects of mycophenolate mofetil in mercury-induced autoimmune nephritisElena Nieto
Department of Pathology, Hospital Ramon y Cajal, Universidad de Alcala, Carretera Colmenar km 9 100, Madrid 29034, Spain
J Am Soc Nephrol 13:937-45. 2002..In this study, the effect of MMF in the mercury model of nephritis was examined...
- Comparison of extended virulence genotypes for bacteria isolated from pediatric patients with urosepsis, acute pyelonephritis, and acute lobar nephroniaChi Hui Cheng
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Pediatric Nephrology, Chang Gung Children s Hospital, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Taoyuan, Taiwan
Pediatr Infect Dis J 29:736-40. 2010..This study was conducted to explore and differentiate bacterial virulence factors associated with urosepsis and 2 other severe parenchymal infections, acute pyelonephritis (APN) and acute lobar nephronia (ALN), in pediatric patients...
- A case of IgG4-related sclerosing disease with retroperitoneal fibrosis, autoimmune pancreatitis and bilateral focal nephritisWouter Van Moerkercke
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, University Hospitals Leuven, Herestraat, Belgium
Pancreas 38:825-32. 2009..IgG4-related sclerosing disease with involvement of the pancreas, retroperitoneal fibrosis, and bilateral focal nephritis. To our knowledge, this is the first report on these 3 clinical entities occurring in the same patient...
- Vasodilator-stimulated phosphoprotein-deficient mice demonstrate increased platelet activation but improved renal endothelial preservation and regeneration in passive nephrotoxic nephritisBernd Hohenstein
Division of Nephrology, University Erlangen Nuremberg, Loschgestrasse 8, Erlangen 91054, Germany
J Am Soc Nephrol 16:986-96. 2005..Passive nephrotoxic nephritis was induced in 28 VASP -/- and 28 wt mice; kidneys were harvested; and tissues were analyzed by morphometric, ..
- The effects of PTK787/ZK222584, an inhibitor of VEGFR and PDGFRβ pathways, on intussusceptive angiogenesis and glomerular recovery from Thy1.1 nephritisMonika Wnuk
Department of Nephrology and Hypertension, Inselspital, University of Bern Medical School, Bern, Switzerland
Am J Pathol 178:1899-912. 2011..Glomerular healing by intussusception was examined in a particular setting of Thy1.1 nephritis, where the lysis of mesangial cells results in an initial collapse and successive rebuilding of glomerular ..
- Mechanisms underlying the ameliorative property of lisinopril in progressive mesangioproliferative nephritisToshihiro Shinosaki
Shionogi Discovery Research Laboratories, Shionogi and Co, Toyonaka City, Osaka, Japan
Nephron 91:719-29. 2002..These results indicated that proteinuria in Thy-1.1 antibody-induced chronic nephritis is associated with a decrease in anionic charge sites on GBM, and that the antiproteinuric effect of lisinopril ..
- Clinical outcomes, when matched at presentation, do not vary between adult-onset Henöch-Schönlein purpura nephritis and IgA nephropathyHyung Jung Oh
Divison of Nephrology, Department of Internal Medicine, Yonsei University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Kidney Int 82:1304-12. 2012Henöch-Schönlein purpura nephritis (HSPN) is considered a systemic form of immunoglobulin A nephropathy (IgAN)...
- Comparison of urovirulence factors and genotypes for bacteria causing acute lobar nephronia and acute pyelonephritisChi Hui Cheng
Division of Pediatric Nephrology, Department of Pediatrics, Chang Gung Children s Hospital, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Taoyuan, Taiwan
Pediatr Infect Dis J 26:228-32. 2007..This prospective study was conducted to elucidate and distinguish the bacterial virulence factors associated with ALN and acute pyelonephritis (APN) in pediatric patients...
- Characterization of an avian infectious bronchitis virus isolated in China from chickens with nephritisJ Y Zhou
Institute of Preventive Veterinary Medicine, Zhejiang University, 268 Kaixuan Road, Hangzhou 310029, China
J Vet Med B Infect Dis Vet Public Health 51:147-52. 2004..These results indicated that IBV isolate SC021202 was a new variant IBV isolate and responsible for field outbreak of nephritis.
- Nephritis-associated streptococcal antigens: where are we now?Bernardo Rodriguez-Iturbe
J Am Soc Nephrol 15:1961-2. 2004
- Three genes for lupus nephritis in NZB x NZW miceJ G Knight
J Exp Med 147:1653-60. 1978The occurrence of early severe lupus nephritis in (NZB x NZW)F1 mice must depend on the action of at least two dominant or codominant genes (at least one gene from each parent) as neither of the inbred parental strains shows the disorder...
- Antibodies to endothelial cells in systemic lupus erythematosus: a potential marker for nephritis and vasculitisD P D'Cruz
Lupus Arthritis Research Unit, Rayne Institute, Department of Immunology, St Thomas Hospital, London, England
Clin Exp Immunol 85:254-61. 1991..obtained at the time of renal biopsy in 46 out of 57 patients (81%) with systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE) and nephritis (mean binding index (BI) = 84% +/- 52...
- Tim3 is upregulated and protective in nephrotoxic serum nephritisAndrea Schroll
Department of Internal Medicine I, Innsbruck Medical University, Anichstrasse 35, 6020 Innsbruck, Austria
Am J Pathol 176:1716-24. 2010..diseases, we investigated whether Tim3 is involved in the pathogenesis of the T(H)-1-dependent nephrotoxic nephritis (NTS)...
- Use of urine samples from healthy humans, nephritis patients or other animals as an alternative to foetal calf serum in the culture of Leishmania (L.) donovani in vitroS M Shamsuzzaman
Department of Parasitology, Faculty of Medicine, Kochi Medical School, Japan
Ann Trop Med Parasitol 93:613-20. 1999..The urine samples used were collected from healthy human donors, patients with nephrotic syndrome, diabetic nephritis (DN) or diabetes mellitus, a dog and a cow...
- Rapamycin attenuates the severity of established nephritis in lupus-prone NZB/W F1 miceSing Leung Lui
Department of Medicine, The University of Hong Kong, Queen Mary Hospital, Pokfulam, Hong Kong SAR, People s Republic of China
Nephrol Dial Transplant 23:2768-76. 2008..The aim of this study was to determine the effect of rapamycin on the severity of established nephritis in lupus-prone New Zealand Black/White F(1) (NZB/W F(1)) mice.
- The medical response to trench nephritis in World War OneR L Atenstaedt
National Public Health Service for Wales and Institute of Medical and Social Care Research IMSCaR, University of Wales, Bangor, UK
Kidney Int 70:635-40. 2006..effort that went into responding to the new diseases, which appeared during the First World War, such as trench nephritis. This condition arose among soldiers in spring 1915, characterized by breathlessness, swelling of the face or ..
- A new fluorescent imaging of renal inflammation with RCPKentaro Nakamura
Life Science Research Laboratories, FUJIFILM Corporation, 577 Ushijima, Kaisei Machi, Ashigarakami gun, Kanagawa 258 8577, Japan
J Control Release 148:351-8. 2010..After intravenous administration of R-Gel labeled by Cy7 of a fluorescent dye to three animal models of nephritis mousse, interstitial nephritis (by using UUO model mice), glomerulonephritis (HIGA mice), and ischemia-..
- Granulomatous nephritis in psittacines associated with parasitism by the trematode Paratanaisia sppMarcela M Luppi
Fundação Zoo Botânica de Belo Horizonte, Av Otacílio Negrão de Lima, 8000 31365 450 Belo Horizonte, MG, Brazil
Vet Parasitol 146:363-6. 2007..infiltrate with some epithelioid macrophages, and a few heterophils, characterizing a granulomatous nephritis. Adult worms and eggs were observed within dilated tubules and in the renal pelvis...
- Oral administration of different forms of a tolerogenic peptide to define the preparations and doses that delay anti-DNA antibody production and nephritis and prolong survival in SLE-prone miceB J Skaggs
University of California, Los Angeles, David Geffen School of Medicine, Division of Rheumatology, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Lupus 20:912-20. 2011..Induction of oral tolerance using modified pCons peptides could lead to a novel targeted therapy for human SLE...
- Economic outcomes in patients diagnosed with systemic lupus erythematosus with versus without nephritis: results from an analysis of data from a US claims databaseElise M Pelletier
Health Economics and Outcomes Research, IMS Health Inc, Watertown, Massachusetts 02472, USA
Clin Ther 31:2653-64. 2009Based on a literature search, there are limited data on the economic burden of systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE), particularly in patients with lupus nephritis.
- Glomerular monocyte-macrophage features in ANCA-positive renal vasculitis and cryoglobulinemic nephritisM P Rastaldi
Renal Immunopathology Center, San Carlo Borromeo Hospital, Milan, Italy
J Am Soc Nephrol 11:2036-43. 2000..Moreover, acute activation and cytokine production seem to be present in a greater number of macrophages in ANCA + RV, giving this disease a stronger severity that could be taken into account for therapeutic strategies...
- Henoch-Schönlein purpura nephritis with nephrotic state in children: predictors of poor outcomesHitoshi Wakaki
Department of Pediatrics, Yokohama Municipal Citizen s Hospital, 56 Okazawa cho, Hodogaya ku, Yokohama, 240 0062, Japan
Pediatr Nephrol 26:921-5. 2011b>Nephritis develops in 18-81% of Henoch-Schönlein purpura patients, and the long-term outcomes of this nephritis show great variation. A nephrotic state at disease onset has been proposed as a predictor of poor renal outcomes...
- Predictive factors for nephritis, relapse, and significant proteinuria in childhood Henoch-Schönlein purpuraJ I Shin
Department of Paediatrics, The Institute of Kidney Disease, Yonsei University, College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Scand J Rheumatol 35:56-60. 2006To identify predictive factors for nephritis, relapse, and significant proteinuria in childhood Henoch-Schönlein purpura (HSP).
- Resolution of Henoch-Schönlein purpura nephritis after acquired IgA deficiencyMototsugu Tanaka
Department of Internal Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, University of Tokyo, 7 3 1 Hongo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo, 113 0033, Japan
Pediatr Nephrol 25:2355-8. 2010We report a case of Henoch-Schönlein purpura nephritis (HSPN) with acquired IgA deficiency due to parvovirus B19 infection...
- Anti-programmed cell death 1 antibody reduces CD4+PD-1+ T cells and relieves the lupus-like nephritis of NZB/W F1 miceShimpei Kasagi
Department of Clinical Pathology and Immunology, Kobe University Graduate School of Medicine, Kobe, Hyogo 650 0017, Japan
J Immunol 184:2337-47. 2010..In this study, we used NZB/W F1 mice, a model of lupus-like nephritis, to examine the function of PD-1 and its ligands...
- Henoch-Schönlein nephritis: a nationwide studyO Soylemezoglu
Gazi University, Department of Pediatric Nephrology, Ankara, Turkey
Nephron Clin Pract 112:c199-204. 2009The aim of this retrospective study was to evaluate the presentation, clinical and pathological manifestations and outcome of the Henoch-Schönlein purpura (HSP) nephritis in children.
- Recovery of BK virus large T-antigen-specific cellular immune response correlates with resolution of bk virus nephritisSimon E Prosser
1 Division of Nephrology, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI 53226, USA
Transplantation 85:185-92. 2008..BKV infection progresses to BKV nephritis (BKVN) in approximately 8% of transplants and in half of these cases the graft is lost.
- Effect of early corticosteroid therapy on development of Henoch-Schönlein nephritisUmut S Bayrakci
Department of Pediatric Nephrology, Hacettepe University Faculty of Medicine, Ankara, Turkey
J Nephrol 20:406-9. 2007..Findings of previous reports addressing the preventive effect of corticosteroid treatment in HSP nephritis have been inconsistent...
- Outcome of Henoch-Schönlein purpura nephritis treated with long-term immunosuppressionMohan Shenoy
Department of Paediatric Nephrology, Royal Manchester Children s Hospital, Manchester M27 4HA, UK
Pediatr Nephrol 22:1717-22. 2007This retrospective study investigated the outcome of 27 children (19 male) with Henoch-Schönlein purpura nephritis (HSN) of International Study of Kidney Disease in Children (ISKDC) grade 3b or higher treated with long-term ..
- Effects of all-trans retinoic acid on renin-angiotensin system in rats with experimental nephritisC Dechow
Division of Nephrology, University of Heidelberg, D-69115, Germany
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 281:F909-19. 2001..1 nephritis (Wagner J, Dechow C, Morath C, Lehrke I, Amann K, Floege J, and Ritz E. J Am Soc Nephrol 11: 1479-1489, 2000)...
- Interleukin 8 gene polymorphism is associated with increased risk of nephritis in cutaneous vasculitisMahsa M Amoli
ARC Epidemiology Unit, Manchester University Medical School, Manchester, United Kingdom
J Rheumatol 29:2367-70. 2002....
- Coordinate gene expression of the alpha3, alpha4, and alpha5 chains of collagen type IV. Evidence from a canine model of X-linked nephritis with a COL4A5 gene mutationP S Thorner
Department of Pathology, The Hospital for Sick Children and the University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario M5G 1X8, Canada
J Biol Chem 271:13821-8. 1996Canine X-linked hereditary nephritis is an animal model for human X-linked hereditary nephritis with a premature stop codon in the alpha5(IV) gene of collagen type IV...
- Ras antagonist farnesylthiosalicylic acid (FTS) reduces glomerular cellular proliferation and macrophage number in rat thy-1 nephritisHelen C Clarke
Renal Medicine, GKT School of Medicine, King s College, London, England
J Am Soc Nephrol 14:848-54. 2003..This article reports the effects of Ras antagonist farnesylthiosalicylic acid (FTS) in rat thy-1 nephritis, a model in which cytokine-driven glomerular cell proliferation and invasion is likely to involve Ras signaling ..
- A novel mouse with B cells but lacking serum antibody reveals an antibody-independent role for B cells in murine lupusO T Chan
Section of Immunobiology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06510, USA
J Exp Med 189:1639-48. 1999..These mice developed nephritis, characterized by cellular infiltration within the kidney, indicating that B cells themselves, without soluble ..
- Analysis and classification of B-cell infiltrates in lupus and ANCA-associated nephritisOliver M Steinmetz
III Medizinische Klinik, Universitatsklinikum Hamburg Eppendorf, Hamburg, Germany
Kidney Int 74:448-57. 2008..Therefore we characterized intrarenal lymphoid clusters of 32 patients diagnosed with lupus nephritis and 16 with ANCA associated nephritis...
- 15-Deoxyspergualin and cyclophosphamide, but not mycophenolate mofetil, prolong survival and attenuate renal disease in a murine model of ANCA-associated crescentic nephritisRainer Birck
Fifth Department of Medicine, University Hospital Mannheim, Theodor Kutzer Ufer 1 3, D 68135 Mannheim, Germany
Nephrol Dial Transplant 21:58-63. 2006Here we compare the efficacy of cyclophosphamide (CYC) for treatment of crescentic nephritis (CGN) with the newer immunosuppressants 15-deoxyspergualin (DSG) and mycophenolate mofetil (MMF) in SCG/Kj mice, an inbred mouse strain that ..
- Clinical outcome in children with Henoch-Schönlein nephritisSevgi Mir
Faculty of Medicine, Department of Pediatric Nephrology, Ege University, Izmir, Turkey
Pediatr Nephrol 22:64-70. 2007..features of the children with HSP and the prognoses of short- and long-term outcome of patients diagnosed as HSP nephritis (HSN)...
- Gene expression profile and overexpression of apoptosis-related genes (NGFI-B and Gadd 45 gamma) in early phase of Thy-1 nephritis modelJing Hua Xu
Department of Immunology, Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing Hanzhong Road 140, Jiangsu Province, 210029, People s Republic of China
Cell Tissue Res 326:159-68. 2006Mesangioproliferative glomerulonephritis (MPGN) is a disease of high incidence in humans. Rat Thy-1 nephritis (Thy-1 N), namely, anti-thymocyte serum (ATS)-induced nephritis, is considered to be an animal model for studying MPGN...
- Efficacy of methylprednisolone and urokinase pulse therapy for severe Henoch-Schönlein nephritisYukihiko Kawasaki
Department of Pediatrics, Fukushima Medical University School of Medicine, Fukushima, Japan
Pediatrics 111:785-9. 2003To evaluate the efficacy of methylprednisolone and urokinase pulse therapy (MUPT) for severe Henoch-Schönlein nephritis, we examined the clinical manifestation and prognosis of patients with MUPT on long-term observation.
- Human heme oxygenase-1 deficiency presenting with hemolysis, nephritis, and aspleniaNita Radhakrishnan
Department of Pediatrics, Pediatric Hematology Oncology and BMT Unit, Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, New Delhi, India
J Pediatr Hematol Oncol 33:74-8. 2011..report another case of human HO-1 deficiency in a young girl with congenital asplenia, who presented with severe hemolysis, inflammation, nephritis, which was refractory to therapy with corticosteroids, cyclophosphamide, and rituximab.
- Successful treatment of progressive Henoch-Schönlein purpura nephritis with tonsillectomy and steroid pulse therapyHitoshi Sugiyama
Department of Medicine and Clinical Science, Okayama University Graduate School of Medicine and Dentistry
Intern Med 44:611-5. 2005..We report here an adult patient with HSP nephritis (HSPN) accompanied by persistent proteinuria and progressive renal dysfunction despite conventional therapy...
- Plasmapheresis as the sole therapy for rapidly progressive Henoch-Schönlein purpura nephritis in childrenM Hattori
Department of Pediatric Nephrology, Tokyo Women s Medical University, School of Medicine, Japan
Am J Kidney Dis 33:427-33. 1999To clarify the therapeutic role of plasmapheresis (PP) for patients with Henoch-Schönlein purpura (HSP) nephritis, the clinical courses of nine children with a rapidly progressive type of HSP nephritis, who were treated with PP as the ..
- BK virus nephritis after renal transplantationAaron Dall
Division of Nephrology, Medical College of Wisconsin, 9200 West Wisconsin Avenue, Milwaukee, WI 53226, USA
Clin J Am Soc Nephrol 3:S68-75. 2008BK virus nephritis is an increasing problem and is posing a threat to improving renal transplant graft survival. The pathogenesis of this condition remains to be investigated...
- Dietary Lipids and Silica-Accelerated AutoimmunityJames J Pestka; Fiscal Year: 2013..in fish oil holds promise for preventing and ameliorating chronic inflammatory diseases including autoimmune nephritis. The specific objective here is to test the hypothesis that consumption of n-3 PUFAs will suppress silica-..
- Suppression of pathogenic autoantibodies in lupus by inhibition of AIDJohn D Mountz; Fiscal Year: 2012..Short Narrative Arthritis or nephritis-inducing autoantibodies can either initiate or worsen inflammation in patients with rheumatoid arthritis or ..
- Role of Estrogen Receptors in Lupus-Modulators of the Inflammatory ResponseGary S Gilkeson; Fiscal Year: 2013..These findings led us to postulate that the primary impact of ER[unreadable] deficiency in lupus nephritis was on the response of the kidney to inflammation...
- Role of Focal Adhesion Kinase (FAK) in Nephrosis and NephritisShuta Ishibe; Fiscal Year: 2013..The goal of the proposal is to define the mechanisms that are involved during kidney injury and to utilize inhibitors that antagonize against the offending agent(s) responsible for disease progression. ..
- NADPH-Oxidase and SLE SusceptibilitySwapan K Nath; Fiscal Year: 2013..e., in EA, missense rs17849502 is more strongly associated with lupus nephritis (odds ratio (OR) = 3.5), and with SLE in males (OR = 4.23), compared to SLE in general (OR = 2.5)...
- AUTOIMMUNITY CENTER OF EXCELLENCEDavid Wofsy; Fiscal Year: 2013..a phase Ib/lla trial of anti-CD20 plus cyclophosphamide (IVC) as induction therapy in patients with active lupus nephritis. It will test the hypothesis that the use of IVC in conjunction with anti-CD20 will promote emergence of Tregs ..
- The Effects of C-Reactive Protein on AutoimmunityTerry W Du Clos; Fiscal Year: 2013..Low levels of CRP expression are associated with increased risk of developing SLE and lupus nephritis. Our studies demonstrated that CRP suppresses disease in mouse models of SLE and other immune complex (IC) ..
- Urine biomarkers of lupus nephritis pathology and response to therapyJames C Oates; Fiscal Year: 2013DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Lupus nephritis (LN) results in renal failure in up to 42% of patients after five years...
- The role of neutrophil extracellular traps and NADPH oxidase in SLE pathogenesisALLISON MARIE CAMPBELL; Fiscal Year: 2012..Ultimately this may lead to new therapeutic targets for lupus nephritis.
- The role of cell death in Lupus NephritisRoberto Caricchio; Fiscal Year: 2013..In the third AIM we will test the relevance of necrotic cell death pathways in human lupus nephritis. We will test the hypothesis that HMGB1 released during nephritis might be a biomarker in human lupus GN...
- Progesterone &Estrogen Differentially Regulate DC Function in Lupus AutoimmunityGrant Hughes; Fiscal Year: 2012..Indeed, our new preliminary data show that continuous Pg treatment significantly decreased mortality and nephritis in lupus-prone NZB x NZW F1 (NZB/W) mice...
- Towards Measures of Lupus Nephritis Activity &Damage for ChildrenHermine I Brunner; Fiscal Year: 2012..e. lupus nephritis (LN)...
- Tissue Kallikrein In Immune Mediated NephritisQuan Zhen Li; Fiscal Year: 2011DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): PROJECT SUMMARY/ABSTRACT Immune-mediated nephritis is an important pathogenic determinant in spontaneous lupus and Goodpasture's syndrome (anti-GBM disease), both in mice and in humans...
- Targeting renal inflammatory pathways of SLE nephritis in mouse and manAnne Davidson; Fiscal Year: 2013..laboratories that reflects a set of converging experiments based on gene discovery in human and murine SLE nephritis, and a set of functional studies in mice based on hypotheses generated as a result of these studies...
- Immune and genetic determinants of murine glomerulonephritisElahna Paul; Fiscal Year: 2012..of renal-specific and leukocyte-specific CD48 expression to the onset and progression of immune complex nephritis. In contrast to the lupus-like B6.CD48-/- animals, BALB/c mice with genetic ablation of CD48 (BALB...
- The Renal Pathogenicity of Anti-DNA AntibodiesChaim Putterman; Fiscal Year: 2013..specific for systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE), but are also directly involved in the pathogenesis of lupus nephritis (LN), a major disease manifestation...
- MicroRNA expression in the NZB/W lupus mouseCHRISTOPHER MICHAEL REILLY; Fiscal Year: 2013..Reilly, who has extensive expertise in animal models of nephritis and mesangial cell pathophysiology. Drs. Ahmed and Dai have extensive expertise in miRNAs. Dr...
- BK Virus Receptor and polyomavirus nephropathyAndrey Sorokin; Fiscal Year: 2012DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): In recent years, nephritis induced by BK virus (BKV), a non-enveloped double-stranded DNA polyomavirus, has become a severe problem after renal transplantation...
- RCT of GnRH-a for ovarian protection during CYC therapy for rheumatic diseaseWILLIAM J MC CUNE; Fiscal Year: 2012..according to evidence-based protocols for treatment of severe rheumatic diseases including lupus nephritis, Wegener's granulomatosis, other forms of pauci-immune vasculitis, and severe interstitial lung disease ..
- Role of innate responses to viruses in the genesis of IgA NephropathySteven N Emancipator; Fiscal Year: 2012..The renal disease itself is considered to be a form of immune complex glomerulo- nephritis, but the identity of the antigen remains a source of controversy, and the mechanism(s) whereby the IgA-rich ..
- TNF-like weak inducer of apoptosis (TWEAK) signaling in lupus nephritisChaim Putterman; Fiscal Year: 2013..by applicant): While both infiltrating macrophages and glomerular cells are crucial in the pathogenesis of lupus nephritis (LN), one of the most common and dangerous clinical manifestations of SLE, their interactions remain ..
- Novel Small Molecule Agonists of Integrin CD11b/CD18 as Anti-Inflammatory AgentsVineet Gupta; Fiscal Year: 2013..Likewise, leukocyte infiltration is a key initiating step during chronic inflammation in lupus nephritis, resulting in progressive deterioration of kidney function, and in various other autoimmune diseases...
- Genetic control of renal disease in lupus-prone miceMarcia McDuffie; Fiscal Year: 2010..mice carrying NOD alleles across a 23 cM interval on Chr 4 are resistant to the development of lupus-like nephritis despite substantial deposition of both auto-antibodies and complement in glomeruli...
- Mechanisms of Tolerance to Renal Maternal MicrochimerismANNE MARGUERITE STEVENS; Fiscal Year: 2011..by which maternal microchimerism may contribute to chronic inflammation in systemic lupus erythematosus nephritis (SLE-N)...
- The role of Immunoglobulin CDRH3 in Autoimmune DiseaseHARRY WILLIAM SCHROEDER; Fiscal Year: 2012..that regulate CDR-H3 content and anti-dsDNA activity and assess their relationship to the development of nephritis. We predict that the information we glean from our studies will help us learn how to prevent lupus, as well as ..
- Training Grant in Inflammatory and Fibrosing DiseasesGary S Gilkeson; Fiscal Year: 2013..in the areas of health outcomes, epidemiology of rheumatic diseases, predictors of atherosclerosis, lupus nephritis, signaling pathways leading to fibrosis, matrix proteins, scleroderma lung disease, sphingolipids, proteomics ..
- Urinary Biomarkers of Chronic Kidney Disease Pathology and ProgressionSushrut S Waikar; Fiscal Year: 2013..2) A kidney biopsy biospecimens bank of IgA nephropathy, lupus nephritis, renal vasculitis, and Chinese herbal nephropathy from our established collaboration with Peking University ..
- Cell Death and Antibody-Mediated Protection from AutoimmunityGREGG JOSHUA SILVERMAN; Fiscal Year: 2010..treatments protect from the initiation and/or progression of autoimmune pathogenesis, which includes lupus nephritis and autoimmune cytopenias...
- Cellular and Genetic Basis of Systemic LupusShu Man Fu; Fiscal Year: 2013..of chronic glomerulonephritis (cGN) respectively in NZM2328, a much studied model for human proliferative lupus nephritis. During the currrent grant period, two informative congenic lines, 290-2 and 507-2 were generated and ..
- Molecular pathogenesis of anti-glomerular basement membrane nephritisDorin Bogdan Borza; Fiscal Year: 2012..in health, broken in autoimmune anti-GBM disease, or selectively deficient in alloimmune Alport post-transplant nephritis. The objective of this project is to determine at molecular level how the adaptive immune system is abnormally ..
- A National Consortium to Explore the Genotypic Basis for ESRD in LupusRobert P Kimberly; Fiscal Year: 2010..to identify the genetic risk factors for ESRD in European American (EA) and African Americans (AA) with lupus nephritis (LN/ESRD). Until now, two major barriers have precluded such a study...
- Role of reactive intermediates in lupus nephritisJames C Oates; Fiscal Year: 2012Systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE) is a systemic autoimmune disease that is complicated by lupus nephritis (LN) in approximately 50 percent of cases...
- Expanded double negative T cells in SLEGeorge C Tsokos; Fiscal Year: 2013..IL- 17 and more importantly, IL-17 producing DN T cells infiltrated kidney tissue of patients with lupus nephritis. We propose, accordingly, that an expanded DN T cell population in patients with SLE produces IL-17 and ..
- Altered miRNA expression in mesangial cells in lupus miceCHRISTOPHER MICHAEL REILLY; Fiscal Year: 2011..Mesangial cells play a critical role in the pathogenesis of lupus nephritis. The completion of these experiments will yield important insight of the molecular workings of mesangial cells...
- Colony Stimulating Factor 1: Role in Photosensitive Cutaneous and Systemic LupusVicki Rubin Kelley; Fiscal Year: 2010..MRL (1Faslpr mutation) mice share features with human discoid lupus (DLE) and SLE (most notably lupus nephritis), and thus are valuable for understanding the pathogenesis of DLE, and its relationship to kidney disease...
- Endothelin Signaling and Actions in Renal MesangiumAndrey Sorokin; Fiscal Year: 2013..We will induce anti-Thy-1.1 nephritis and hypertension-induced nephropathy in rats which either lack p66 Shc protein or express endogenous p66 Shc ..
- Molecular Genetics of BAT Genes and SLE RiskF Yesim Demirci; Fiscal Year: 2013..residing within MHC class III region are significantly and independently associated with SLE risk and lupus nephritis. Furthermore, there is extensive literature knowledge documenting the functional and clinical relevance of BAT ..
- Tertiary lymphoid neogenesis in human lupus nephritisMarcus R Clark; Fiscal Year: 2012The most frequent severe manifestation of SLE is lupus nephritis (LN)...
- Targeting CaMK4 in SLEGeorge C Tsokos; Fiscal Year: 2013..deletion of CaMK4 with a small drug inhibitor suppresses autoimmunity, mesangial cell proliferation and lupus nephritis. In additional data, CaMK4 appears to be involved in the generation of regulatory T cells...
- Endogenous RNA Ligands For Toll-like Receptors In Immune-Complex NephritisRamon G B Bonegio; Fiscal Year: 2013..Our long term goal is to use the detailed knowledge tht we will gain about pathogenic Toll-like receptor signaling pathways in mice to identify rational targets to treat immune complex disease in humans. ..
- Defining genetic pathways to severe systemic autoimmunityEdward K Wakeland; Fiscal Year: 2010..The S/e3 phenotypes are: 1) in vivo transition to fatal lupus nephritis with severe IgG humoral autoimmunity in combination with Sle1; 2) variations in cytokine and gene expression ..
- A critical role of TAM receptors in autoimmune nephritisWenhai Shao; Fiscal Year: 2013..Nephrotoxic serum (NTS)-induced experimental nephritis has been a useful model that produces pathological changes similar to those seen in immune-mediated ..
- Estrogen Receptor a Regulation of Lupus Development and PathogenesisKaren A Gould; Fiscal Year: 2013..serum interferon gamma, reduces levels of anti-dsDNA IgG antibodies and attenuates development of lupus nephritis. To test this hypothesis we will 1) Identify the lupus susceptibility loci whose activity is modulated by ER1, 2)..
- C3aR and C5aR Modulate T-cell Responses in the MRL MouseMichael C Braun; Fiscal Year: 2010..in a biologically relevant complement depedent model of human disease, namely the MRL/lpr mouse model of lupus nephritis. Mice with targeted deletions of C3aR and C5aR as well as mice deficient in both the C3aR and the C5aR have been ..
- TRAINING IN CELL STRUCTURE AND FUNCTION IN NEPHROLOGYM Amin Arnaout; Fiscal Year: 2013..disciplines are applied to nine research themes that are relevant to diseases such as diabetes, hypertension, nephritis, vasculitis and polycystic kidney disease...
- Gene Transcription in SLEGeorge C Tsokos; Fiscal Year: 2013..hand is increased in SLE patients and mice and IL17-producing cells invade the kidney in patients with lupus nephritis. cAMP response element modulator (CREM)[unreadable] has been claimed to suppress the production of IL-2 through ..
- Sociodemographic Disparities in Lupus Nephritis: Healthcare Access and OutcomesKaren H Costenbader; Fiscal Year: 2013..S. Systemic lupus erythematosus (lupus), a complex autoimmune disease, can cause nephritis and, in severe cases, end-stage renal disease...
- Autoantibody and BCR peptide-specific T cells in lupus nephritisJAMES BEN ST CLAIR; Fiscal Year: 2013..somatically generated sequences in autoantibody variable regions mediate the development of pathology in lupus nephritis (LN)...
- Parameters Governing Kidney Cell Infection with BKVMichael J Imperiale; Fiscal Year: 2013DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Polyomavirus nephropathy (PVN) is a form of nephritis caused by reactivation of the human polyomavirus, BKV, in renal transplant patients...
- Lupus Glomenulonephritis and NK T cellsSamuel Strober; Fiscal Year: 2013..We hypothesize that the glomerulonephritis and the associated interstitial nephritis with lymphocytic infiltrates is dependent upon NK T cells with abnormal secretion of IL-4, IFN-?, and IL-17, and ..
- Innovative Efficacy Measures of Lupus Nephritis TherapiesHermine I Brunner; Fiscal Year: 2013DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Lupus Nephritis (LN) is a complication of lupus and is associated with immense cost, suffering, and mortality. The criterion standard for the diagnosis and monitoring of LN is a kidney biopsy...
- Modified C-reactive protein for novel treatment of lupus nephritis.MEGHAN NORVELL; Fiscal Year: 2010..Perhaps the most severely affected organ is the kidney, and lupus nephritis (LN) is a major cause of morbidity and mortality in patients with SLE...
- Estrogen Receptor a Regulation of Lupus Development & PathogenesisKaren Gould; Fiscal Year: 2009..diminishes loss of tolerance, reduces levels of anti- dsDNA IgG antibodies and attenuates development of lupus nephritis. To test this hypothesis we will 1) Identify the lupus susceptibility loci whose activity is modulated by ER[..
- SIGN receptors and the antiinflammatory activity of sialylated IgG FcsROBERT MCCULLOUGH ANTHONY; Fiscal Year: 2013..Sialylated IgG Fc can attenuate inflammation in rheumatoid arthritic and nephrotoxic nephritis inflammatory models...
- Modified Human Anti-a(3) IV Antibodies for Drug Delivery in NephritisMichael P Madaio; Fiscal Year: 2010..within glomeruli in vivo, and our experience in Ab engineering, protein expression, and experimental models of nephritis, to create human fusion proteins that bind to the kidney, in vivo...
- Forecasters of futute and progressive CDK in patients with microvascular glomerulHaifeng M Wu; Fiscal Year: 2013..that will examine CKD in the context of microvascular glomerular injury due to autoimmune disease (lupus nephritis, SLE), thrombotic disease (thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura, TTP), and metabolic disease (diabetes mellitus, ..
- Novel Receptor-Ligand Interactions in GlomerulonephritisMary H Foster; Fiscal Year: 2013DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Anti-GBM nephritis, the prototypic autoimmune nephritis for which the kidney target antigen is well characterized, is a key system for discovery involving human kidney disease pathogenesis...
- PROXIMAL DETERMINANTS OF NEPHRITOGENIC AUTOIMMUNITYMary H Foster; Fiscal Year: 2012Immune nephritis afflicts both native and transplanted kidneys and is a leading cause of chronic renal disease...
- GENETIC LINKAGE IN LUPUSJOHN BARKER HARLEY; Fiscal Year: 2013Systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE) is often severe, causing nephritis, oral ulcers, arthritis, pericarditis, pleuritis, rashes, strokes, heart attacks, vasculitis, nervous dysfunction, cytopenias, Raynaud's disease, and immune ..
- Identification of diagnostic markers for lupus nephritisDavid W Powell; Fiscal Year: 2013DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Renal involvement in systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE), termed lupus nephritis (LN), occurs in about 60% of patients and is a leading cause of morbidity and mortality...
- Type 1 Diabetes TrialNet: Clinical Center at Berrie Center, Columbia UniversityRobin S Goland; Fiscal Year: 2013..small molecule syk inhibitor, R788, can prevent collagen-induced arthritis and prevent/treat NZB/NZW lupus nephritis. Phase II clinical studies in rheumatoid arthritis and ITP have demonstrated encouraging efficacy and manageable ..
- Endothelia mechanisms of leukocyte accumulation in glomerulonephritisTanya N Mayadas; Fiscal Year: 2010..TNFR2 deficient mice were completely protected from antibody- mediated nephrotoxic nephritis that was associated with decreased renal leukocyte accumulation and glomerular complement deposition...
- OXIDANT MECHANISMS IN MEMBRANOUS NEPHROPATHYSudhir Shah; Fiscal Year: 1993..Passive Heymann nephritis (PHN), induced by a injection of anti-Fx1A, is a complement-dependent and neutrophil-independent model of ..
- CHEMOKINES AND IMMUNE DISEASESLili Feng; Fiscal Year: 2000..coli. dramatically decreased the influx on monocyte/macrophages in experimental tubulointerstitial nephritis (TIN) in rats...
- PATHOGENIC ROLE OF THE COMPLEMENT SYSTEM IN MURINE LUPUSRichard Quigg; Fiscal Year: 2009..circumstantial and now direct evidence that the complement system is involved in the pathogenesis of lupus nephritis. The work proposed in this application will examine the role of the complement system in renal disease occurring ..
- Prediction of Lupus Outcome by Gene Expression PatternsRobert Winchester; Fiscal Year: 2006..parent trial compares administration of CellCept versus IV Cytoxan for initiating control of biopsy-proven lupus nephritis. We have demonstrated the feasibility of studying gene expression profiles by microarray analysis in glomeruli ..
- ROLE OF PPAR GAMMA IN LUPUS NEPHRITISGary Gilkeson; Fiscal Year: 2005..important insight into the role of PPAR gamma and its ligands in controlling the inflammatory response in lupus nephritis. We and others have shown that the inflammatory response in lupus nephritis can be blocked, decreasing ..
- Inhibition of lupus nephritis in IRF-1 deficient miceChristopher Reilly; Fiscal Year: 2003..The specific aims described below investigate the role of IFN-y signaling and define the role of IRF-1 in lupus nephritis in MRL/lpr mice...
- Human Autoantibodies in Anti-GBM DiseaseAnne Christensen; Fiscal Year: 2005..The studies proposed here seek to identify how autoantibodies against alpha3(IV) initiate nephritis through binding to the GBM...
- Membranous Nephritis Antigen Defined by Phage AntibodiesSudesh Makker; Fiscal Year: 2007..when patients first present with full-blown nephrotic syndrome is supported by similar observation in Heymann nephritis, a rat model of MGN...