Genomes and Genes
Summary: Inflammation of the kidney. It is a focal or diffuse proliferative or destructive process which may involve the glomerulus, tubule, or interstitial renal tissue. (Dorland, 27th ed)
Publications223 found, 100 shown here
- The proteasome inhibitor bortezomib depletes plasma cells and protects mice with lupus-like disease from nephritisKirsten Neubert
Interdisciplinary Center for Clinical Research, research group N2, Nikolaus Fiebiger Center of Molecular Medicine, University Hospital Erlangen, Glückstrasse 6, 91054 Erlangen, Germany
Nat Med 14:748-55. 2008..Hence, the elimination of autoreactive plasma cells by proteasome inhibitors might represent a new treatment strategy for antibody-mediated diseases...
- Opposite regulation of type II and III receptors for immunoglobulin G in mouse glomerular mesangial cells and in the induction of anti-glomerular basement membrane (GBM) nephritisHeinfried H Radeke
Department of Clinical Immunology and Institute of Pharmacology, Medical School of Hannover, Carl Neuberg Strasse 1, 30625 Hannover, Germany
J Biol Chem 277:27535-44. 2002..In a passive model of acute anti-glomerular basement membrane (GBM) nephritis, induction of FcgammaRIII and suppression of FcgammaRII occurred in kidney tissues...
- Molecular architecture of the Goodpasture autoantigen in anti-GBM nephritisVadim Pedchenko
Center for Matrix Biology, Division of Nephrology, Department of Medicine, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, TN 37232, USA
N Engl J Med 363:343-54. 2010..Alport's post-transplantation nephritis, which is mediated by alloantibodies against the GBM, occurs after kidney transplantation in some patients with ..
- Paricalcitol inhibits renal inflammation by promoting vitamin D receptor-mediated sequestration of NF-kappaB signalingXiaoyue Tan
Division of Cellular and Molecular Pathology, Department of Pathology, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15261, USA
J Am Soc Nephrol 19:1741-52. 2008..These results suggest that paricalcitol inhibits renal inflammatory infiltration and RANTES expression by promoting VDR-mediated sequestration of NF-kappaB signaling...
- BK virus nephritis after renal transplantationS Hariharan
Division of Nephrology, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53226, USA
Kidney Int 69:655-62. 2006BK viremia and nephritis are increasing problems in renal transplant recipients. The exact cause of the increasing prevalence of this condition remains poorly understood...
- Protection against autoimmune nephritis in MyD88-deficient MRL/lpr miceAtsushi Sadanaga
Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan
Arthritis Rheum 56:1618-28. 2007To determine whether innate receptor signals play an important role in the development of autoimmune nephritis in MRL/lpr mice, an experimental model of lupus nephritis.
- Prevention of nephritis in major histocompatibility complex class II-deficient MRL-lpr miceA M Jevnikar
Robarts Research Institute, University of Western Ontario, London, Canada
J Exp Med 179:1137-43. 1994..Whereas non-MHC linked genes can have a profound effect on the development of nephritis, lymphadenopathy, and anti-DNA antibody production in MRL-lpr mice, the role of MHC molecules has not been ..
- OX40/OX40L in systemic lupus erythematosus: association with disease activity and lupus nephritisMohamed N Farres
Department of Internal Medicine, Allergy and Clinical Immunology, Ain Shams University, Cairo, Egypt
Ann Saudi Med 31:29-34. 2011OX40-OX40L interaction is implicated in the pathogenesis of systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE). We evaluated the role of OX40/OX40L as markers of disease activity and nephritis in SLE patients.
- Henoch-Schönlein purpura nephritis complicated by reversible posterior leukoencephalopathy syndromeDaimei Sasayama
Third Department of Medicine, Shinshu University School of Medicine, 3 1 1 Asahi, Matsumoto 390 8621, Japan
Clin Rheumatol 26:1761-3. 2007We report a young female patient with Henoch-Schönlein purpura (HSP) nephritis complicated by reversible posterior leukoencephalopathy syndrome (RPLS)...
- Henoch-Schonlein purpura nephritis: pathophysiology, treatment, and future strategyJean Claude Davin
Department of Pediatric Nephrology, Emma Children s Hospital Academic Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Clin J Am Soc Nephrol 6:679-89. 2011Henoch-Schönlein purpura nephritis is a rare kidney disease leading to chronic kidney disease in a non-negligible percentage of patients...
- Induction of nephrotoxic serum nephritis in inbred mice and suppressive effect of colchicine on the development of this nephritisShih Ming Chen
Department of Drug Information and Communication, Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Chiba University, Chiba shi, Japan
Pharmacol Res 45:319-24. 2002Accelerated nephrotoxic serum (NTS) nephritis is successfully produced in C57BL/6 mice, using anti-murine glomerular basement membrane (GBM) rabbit antiserum...
- Involvement of mesangial cells expressing alpha-smooth muscle actin during restorative glomerular remodeling in Thy-1.1 nephritisKoichiro Ichimura
Department of Anatomy, Juntendo University School of Medicine, 2 1 1 Hongo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 8421, Japan
J Histochem Cytochem 54:1291-301. 2006..In addition, an actin-binding protein, drebrin, was localized in all MC processes extending toward various directions throughout the course of nephritis, suggesting that drebrin is involved in the formation of MC processes.
- Effects of allopurinol treatment on the progression of chronic nephritis in Canine leishmaniosis (Leishmania infantum)K Plevraki
Clinic of Companion Animal Medicine, School of Veterinary Medicine, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece
J Vet Intern Med 20:228-33. 2006..Mesangioproliferative and tubulointerstitial nephritis were detected even in group A and CA dogs...
- Effective duration of antimicrobial therapy for the treatment of acute lobar nephroniaChi Hui Cheng
Division of Pediatric Nephrology, Department of Pediatrics, Chang Gung Children s Hospital, Taoyuan, Taiwan
Pediatrics 117:e84-9. 2006..The goal of this prospective study was to compare the treatment efficacy for pediatric patients who had ALN with a 3- vs 2-week intravenous plus oral antimicrobial-therapy regimen...
- Inhibition of macrophage nuclear factor-kappaB leads to a dominant anti-inflammatory phenotype that attenuates glomerular inflammation in vivoHeather M Wilson
Department of Medicine and Therapeutics, University of Aberdeen, Institute of Medical Sciences, Foresterhill, Aberdeen, Scotland, AB25 2ZD, UK
Am J Pathol 167:27-37. 2005..nitric oxide synthase and MHC class II expression when activated naturally in glomeruli of rats with nephrotoxic nephritis. Furthermore, although they only comprised 15% of glomerular macrophages, their presence significantly reduced ..
- Henoch-Schönlein purpura nephritis in children: risk factors, prevention and treatmentRadovan Bogdanovic
The Institute of Mother and Child Healthcare of Serbia Dr Vukan Cupic, Belgrade, Serbia
Acta Paediatr 98:1882-9. 2009To identify risk factors for a child with Henoch-Schönlein purpura (HSP) either to develop nephritis (HSPN) or to contract progressive course and to obtain the currently available evidence on the efficacy of treatment options in both ..
- Mechanisms underlying the ameliorative property of lisinopril in progressive mesangioproliferative nephritisToshihiro Shinosaki
Shionogi Discovery Research Laboratories, Shionogi and Co, Toyonaka City, Osaka, Japan
Nephron 91:719-29. 2002..These results indicated that proteinuria in Thy-1.1 antibody-induced chronic nephritis is associated with a decrease in anionic charge sites on GBM, and that the antiproteinuric effect of lisinopril ..
- A case of IgG4-related sclerosing disease with retroperitoneal fibrosis, autoimmune pancreatitis and bilateral focal nephritisWouter Van Moerkercke
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, University Hospitals Leuven, Herestraat, Belgium
Pancreas 38:825-32. 2009..IgG4-related sclerosing disease with involvement of the pancreas, retroperitoneal fibrosis, and bilateral focal nephritis. To our knowledge, this is the first report on these 3 clinical entities occurring in the same patient...
- Comparison of extended virulence genotypes for bacteria isolated from pediatric patients with urosepsis, acute pyelonephritis, and acute lobar nephroniaChi Hui Cheng
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Pediatric Nephrology, Chang Gung Children s Hospital, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Taoyuan, Taiwan
Pediatr Infect Dis J 29:736-40. 2010..This study was conducted to explore and differentiate bacterial virulence factors associated with urosepsis and 2 other severe parenchymal infections, acute pyelonephritis (APN) and acute lobar nephronia (ALN), in pediatric patients...
- The effects of PTK787/ZK222584, an inhibitor of VEGFR and PDGFRβ pathways, on intussusceptive angiogenesis and glomerular recovery from Thy1.1 nephritisMonika Wnuk
Department of Nephrology and Hypertension, Inselspital, University of Bern Medical School, Bern, Switzerland
Am J Pathol 178:1899-912. 2011..Glomerular healing by intussusception was examined in a particular setting of Thy1.1 nephritis, where the lysis of mesangial cells results in an initial collapse and successive rebuilding of glomerular ..
- Serial non-invasive monitoring of renal disease following immune-mediated injury using near-infrared optical imagingYong Du
Internal Medicine Rheumatology, University of Texas, Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas, USA
PLoS ONE 7:e43941. 2012..The LI-COR IRDye® 800CW RGD optical probe (RGD probe) is a NIR fluorophore, that can target integrin alpha v beta 3 (α(v)β(3)) in tissues...
- Comparison of urovirulence factors and genotypes for bacteria causing acute lobar nephronia and acute pyelonephritisChi Hui Cheng
Division of Pediatric Nephrology, Department of Pediatrics, Chang Gung Children s Hospital, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Taoyuan, Taiwan
Pediatr Infect Dis J 26:228-32. 2007..This prospective study was conducted to elucidate and distinguish the bacterial virulence factors associated with ALN and acute pyelonephritis (APN) in pediatric patients...
- Clinical outcomes, when matched at presentation, do not vary between adult-onset Henöch-Schönlein purpura nephritis and IgA nephropathyHyung Jung Oh
Divison of Nephrology, Department of Internal Medicine, Yonsei University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Kidney Int 82:1304-12. 2012Henöch-Schönlein purpura nephritis (HSPN) is considered a systemic form of immunoglobulin A nephropathy (IgAN)...
- Vasodilator-stimulated phosphoprotein-deficient mice demonstrate increased platelet activation but improved renal endothelial preservation and regeneration in passive nephrotoxic nephritisBernd Hohenstein
Division of Nephrology, University Erlangen Nuremberg, Loschgestrasse 8, Erlangen 91054, Germany
J Am Soc Nephrol 16:986-96. 2005..Passive nephrotoxic nephritis was induced in 28 VASP -/- and 28 wt mice; kidneys were harvested; and tissues were analyzed by morphometric, ..
- Sublytic C5b-9 complexes induce proliferative changes of glomerular mesangial cells in rat Thy-1 nephritis through TRAF6-mediated PI3K-dependent Akt1 activationWen Qiu
Department of Immunology and Lab of Immunopathology, Nanjing Medical University, People s Republic of China
J Pathol 226:619-32. 2012The proliferation of glomerular mesangial cells (GMCs) and secretion of extracellular matrix (ECM) in rat Thy-1 nephritis (Thy-1N), resembling human mesangioproliferative glomerulonephritis (MsPGN), have been studied for many years, but ..
- The pathogenesis and treatment of pediatric Henoch-Schönlein purpura nephritisYukihiko Kawasaki
Department of Pediatrics, Fukushima Medical University School of Medicine, 1 Hikariga oka, Fukushima, Fukushima 960 1295, Japan
Clin Exp Nephrol 15:648-57. 2011..Thus, it is important to clarify the onset mechanism of Henoch-Schönlein purpura nephritis (HSPN) and to identify the most appropriate treatment. We herein review the pathogenesis and treatment of HSPN...
- Characterization of an avian infectious bronchitis virus isolated in China from chickens with nephritisJ Y Zhou
Institute of Preventive Veterinary Medicine, Zhejiang University, 268 Kaixuan Road, Hangzhou 310029, China
J Vet Med B Infect Dis Vet Public Health 51:147-52. 2004..These results indicated that IBV isolate SC021202 was a new variant IBV isolate and responsible for field outbreak of nephritis.
- Three genes for lupus nephritis in NZB x NZW miceJ G Knight
J Exp Med 147:1653-60. 1978The occurrence of early severe lupus nephritis in (NZB x NZW)F1 mice must depend on the action of at least two dominant or codominant genes (at least one gene from each parent) as neither of the inbred parental strains shows the disorder...
- Nephritis-associated streptococcal antigens: where are we now?Bernardo Rodriguez-Iturbe
J Am Soc Nephrol 15:1961-2. 2004
- Excreted urinary mediators in an animal model of experimental immune nephritis with potential pathogenic significanceTianfu Wu
University of Texas Southwestern Medical School at Dallas, New York 75390, USA
Arthritis Rheum 56:949-59. 2007Currently, proteinuria is viewed as the earliest indicator of renal disease in immune-mediated nephritis. The objective of this study was to determine whether additional mediators may be excreted in the urine during immune-mediated ..
- Rapamycin attenuates the severity of established nephritis in lupus-prone NZB/W F1 miceSing Leung Lui
Department of Medicine, The University of Hong Kong, Queen Mary Hospital, Pokfulam, Hong Kong SAR, People s Republic of China
Nephrol Dial Transplant 23:2768-76. 2008..The aim of this study was to determine the effect of rapamycin on the severity of established nephritis in lupus-prone New Zealand Black/White F(1) (NZB/W F(1)) mice.
- Use of urine samples from healthy humans, nephritis patients or other animals as an alternative to foetal calf serum in the culture of Leishmania (L.) donovani in vitroS M Shamsuzzaman
Department of Parasitology, Faculty of Medicine, Kochi Medical School, Japan
Ann Trop Med Parasitol 93:613-20. 1999..The urine samples used were collected from healthy human donors, patients with nephrotic syndrome, diabetic nephritis (DN) or diabetes mellitus, a dog and a cow...
- Tim3 is upregulated and protective in nephrotoxic serum nephritisAndrea Schroll
Department of Internal Medicine I, Innsbruck Medical University, Anichstrasse 35, 6020 Innsbruck, Austria
Am J Pathol 176:1716-24. 2010..diseases, we investigated whether Tim3 is involved in the pathogenesis of the T(H)-1-dependent nephrotoxic nephritis (NTS)...
- Antibodies to endothelial cells in systemic lupus erythematosus: a potential marker for nephritis and vasculitisD P D'Cruz
Lupus Arthritis Research Unit, Rayne Institute, Department of Immunology, St Thomas Hospital, London, England
Clin Exp Immunol 85:254-61. 1991..obtained at the time of renal biopsy in 46 out of 57 patients (81%) with systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE) and nephritis (mean binding index (BI) = 84% +/- 52...
- The medical response to trench nephritis in World War OneR L Atenstaedt
National Public Health Service for Wales and Institute of Medical and Social Care Research IMSCaR, University of Wales, Bangor, UK
Kidney Int 70:635-40. 2006..effort that went into responding to the new diseases, which appeared during the First World War, such as trench nephritis. This condition arose among soldiers in spring 1915, characterized by breathlessness, swelling of the face or ..
- A new fluorescent imaging of renal inflammation with RCPKentaro Nakamura
Life Science Research Laboratories, FUJIFILM Corporation, 577 Ushijima, Kaisei Machi, Ashigarakami gun, Kanagawa 258 8577, Japan
J Control Release 148:351-8. 2010..After intravenous administration of R-Gel labeled by Cy7 of a fluorescent dye to three animal models of nephritis mousse, interstitial nephritis (by using UUO model mice), glomerulonephritis (HIGA mice), and ischemia-..
- Granulomatous nephritis in psittacines associated with parasitism by the trematode Paratanaisia sppMarcela M Luppi
Fundação Zoo Botânica de Belo Horizonte, Av Otacílio Negrão de Lima, 8000 31365 450 Belo Horizonte, MG, Brazil
Vet Parasitol 146:363-6. 2007..infiltrate with some epithelioid macrophages, and a few heterophils, characterizing a granulomatous nephritis. Adult worms and eggs were observed within dilated tubules and in the renal pelvis...
- Economic outcomes in patients diagnosed with systemic lupus erythematosus with versus without nephritis: results from an analysis of data from a US claims databaseElise M Pelletier
Health Economics and Outcomes Research, IMS Health Inc, Watertown, Massachusetts 02472, USA
Clin Ther 31:2653-64. 2009Based on a literature search, there are limited data on the economic burden of systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE), particularly in patients with lupus nephritis.
- Oral administration of different forms of a tolerogenic peptide to define the preparations and doses that delay anti-DNA antibody production and nephritis and prolong survival in SLE-prone miceB J Skaggs
University of California, Los Angeles, David Geffen School of Medicine, Division of Rheumatology, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Lupus 20:912-20. 2011..Induction of oral tolerance using modified pCons peptides could lead to a novel targeted therapy for human SLE...
- Glomerular monocyte-macrophage features in ANCA-positive renal vasculitis and cryoglobulinemic nephritisM P Rastaldi
Renal Immunopathology Center, San Carlo Borromeo Hospital, Milan, Italy
J Am Soc Nephrol 11:2036-43. 2000..Moreover, acute activation and cytokine production seem to be present in a greater number of macrophages in ANCA + RV, giving this disease a stronger severity that could be taken into account for therapeutic strategies...
- Resolution of Henoch-Schönlein purpura nephritis after acquired IgA deficiencyMototsugu Tanaka
Department of Internal Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, University of Tokyo, 7 3 1 Hongo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo, 113 0033, Japan
Pediatr Nephrol 25:2355-8. 2010We report a case of Henoch-Schönlein purpura nephritis (HSPN) with acquired IgA deficiency due to parvovirus B19 infection...
- Ras antagonist farnesylthiosalicylic acid (FTS) reduces glomerular cellular proliferation and macrophage number in rat thy-1 nephritisHelen C Clarke
Renal Medicine, GKT School of Medicine, King s College, London, England
J Am Soc Nephrol 14:848-54. 2003..This article reports the effects of Ras antagonist farnesylthiosalicylic acid (FTS) in rat thy-1 nephritis, a model in which cytokine-driven glomerular cell proliferation and invasion is likely to involve Ras signaling ..
- Effects of all-trans retinoic acid on renin-angiotensin system in rats with experimental nephritisC Dechow
Division of Nephrology, University of Heidelberg, D-69115, Germany
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 281:F909-19. 2001..1 nephritis (Wagner J, Dechow C, Morath C, Lehrke I, Amann K, Floege J, and Ritz E. J Am Soc Nephrol 11: 1479-1489, 2000)...
- Interleukin-6 promoter polymorphism -174 G/C is associated with nephritis in Portuguese Caucasian systemic lupus erythematosus patientsMaria Jose Santos
Rheumatology Research Unit, Instituto de Medicina Molecular, Faculdade de Medicina da Universidade de Lisboa, Lisbon, Portugal
Clin Rheumatol 30:409-13. 2011..The IL-6 gene promoter polymorphism at position -174 does not contribute to SLE susceptibility in Portuguese Caucasian patients but may predispose to specific manifestations of the disease...
- Recovery of BK virus large T-antigen-specific cellular immune response correlates with resolution of bk virus nephritisSimon E Prosser
1 Division of Nephrology, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI 53226, USA
Transplantation 85:185-92. 2008..BKV infection progresses to BKV nephritis (BKVN) in approximately 8% of transplants and in half of these cases the graft is lost.
- Henoch-Schönlein purpura nephritis with nephrotic state in children: predictors of poor outcomesHitoshi Wakaki
Department of Pediatrics, Yokohama Municipal Citizen s Hospital, 56 Okazawa cho, Hodogaya ku, Yokohama, 240 0062, Japan
Pediatr Nephrol 26:921-5. 2011b>Nephritis develops in 18-81% of Henoch-Schönlein purpura patients, and the long-term outcomes of this nephritis show great variation. A nephrotic state at disease onset has been proposed as a predictor of poor renal outcomes...
- Interleukin 8 gene polymorphism is associated with increased risk of nephritis in cutaneous vasculitisMahsa M Amoli
ARC Epidemiology Unit, Manchester University Medical School, Manchester, United Kingdom
J Rheumatol 29:2367-70. 2002....
- Effect of early corticosteroid therapy on development of Henoch-Schönlein nephritisUmut S Bayrakci
Department of Pediatric Nephrology, Hacettepe University Faculty of Medicine, Ankara, Turkey
J Nephrol 20:406-9. 2007..Findings of previous reports addressing the preventive effect of corticosteroid treatment in HSP nephritis have been inconsistent...
- Henoch-Schönlein nephritis: a nationwide studyO Soylemezoglu
Gazi University, Department of Pediatric Nephrology, Ankara, Turkey
Nephron Clin Pract 112:c199-204. 2009The aim of this retrospective study was to evaluate the presentation, clinical and pathological manifestations and outcome of the Henoch-Schönlein purpura (HSP) nephritis in children.
- Outcome of Henoch-Schönlein purpura nephritis treated with long-term immunosuppressionMohan Shenoy
Department of Paediatric Nephrology, Royal Manchester Children s Hospital, Manchester M27 4HA, UK
Pediatr Nephrol 22:1717-22. 2007This retrospective study investigated the outcome of 27 children (19 male) with Henoch-Schönlein purpura nephritis (HSN) of International Study of Kidney Disease in Children (ISKDC) grade 3b or higher treated with long-term ..
- Anti-programmed cell death 1 antibody reduces CD4+PD-1+ T cells and relieves the lupus-like nephritis of NZB/W F1 miceShimpei Kasagi
Department of Clinical Pathology and Immunology, Kobe University Graduate School of Medicine, Kobe, Hyogo 650 0017, Japan
J Immunol 184:2337-47. 2010..In this study, we used NZB/W F1 mice, a model of lupus-like nephritis, to examine the function of PD-1 and its ligands...
- Predictive factors for nephritis, relapse, and significant proteinuria in childhood Henoch-Schönlein purpuraJ I Shin
Department of Paediatrics, The Institute of Kidney Disease, Yonsei University, College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Scand J Rheumatol 35:56-60. 2006To identify predictive factors for nephritis, relapse, and significant proteinuria in childhood Henoch-Schönlein purpura (HSP).
- Coordinate gene expression of the alpha3, alpha4, and alpha5 chains of collagen type IV. Evidence from a canine model of X-linked nephritis with a COL4A5 gene mutationP S Thorner
Department of Pathology, The Hospital for Sick Children and the University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario M5G 1X8, Canada
J Biol Chem 271:13821-8. 1996Canine X-linked hereditary nephritis is an animal model for human X-linked hereditary nephritis with a premature stop codon in the alpha5(IV) gene of collagen type IV...
- Urinary excretion of interleukin-6 correlates with proteinuria in acute Puumala hantavirus-induced nephritisSatu Makela
Medical School, University of Tampere and Tampere University Hospital, Tampere, Finland
Am J Kidney Dis 43:809-16. 2004..Cytokines are thought to have an important role in the pathogenesis of NE. The aim of this study is to evaluate whether cytokines contribute to renal involvement in NE...
- Analysis and classification of B-cell infiltrates in lupus and ANCA-associated nephritisOliver M Steinmetz
III Medizinische Klinik, Universitatsklinikum Hamburg Eppendorf, Hamburg, Germany
Kidney Int 74:448-57. 2008..Therefore we characterized intrarenal lymphoid clusters of 32 patients diagnosed with lupus nephritis and 16 with ANCA associated nephritis...
- A novel mouse with B cells but lacking serum antibody reveals an antibody-independent role for B cells in murine lupusO T Chan
Section of Immunobiology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06510, USA
J Exp Med 189:1639-48. 1999..These mice developed nephritis, characterized by cellular infiltration within the kidney, indicating that B cells themselves, without soluble ..
- Clinical outcome in children with Henoch-Schönlein nephritisSevgi Mir
Faculty of Medicine, Department of Pediatric Nephrology, Ege University, Izmir, Turkey
Pediatr Nephrol 22:64-70. 2007..features of the children with HSP and the prognoses of short- and long-term outcome of patients diagnosed as HSP nephritis (HSN)...
- 15-Deoxyspergualin and cyclophosphamide, but not mycophenolate mofetil, prolong survival and attenuate renal disease in a murine model of ANCA-associated crescentic nephritisRainer Birck
Fifth Department of Medicine, University Hospital Mannheim, Theodor Kutzer Ufer 1 3, D 68135 Mannheim, Germany
Nephrol Dial Transplant 21:58-63. 2006Here we compare the efficacy of cyclophosphamide (CYC) for treatment of crescentic nephritis (CGN) with the newer immunosuppressants 15-deoxyspergualin (DSG) and mycophenolate mofetil (MMF) in SCG/Kj mice, an inbred mouse strain that ..
- Human heme oxygenase-1 deficiency presenting with hemolysis, nephritis, and aspleniaNita Radhakrishnan
Department of Pediatrics, Pediatric Hematology Oncology and BMT Unit, Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, New Delhi, India
J Pediatr Hematol Oncol 33:74-8. 2011..report another case of human HO-1 deficiency in a young girl with congenital asplenia, who presented with severe hemolysis, inflammation, nephritis, which was refractory to therapy with corticosteroids, cyclophosphamide, and rituximab.
- Gene expression profile and overexpression of apoptosis-related genes (NGFI-B and Gadd 45 gamma) in early phase of Thy-1 nephritis modelJing Hua Xu
Department of Immunology, Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing Hanzhong Road 140, Jiangsu Province, 210029, People s Republic of China
Cell Tissue Res 326:159-68. 2006Mesangioproliferative glomerulonephritis (MPGN) is a disease of high incidence in humans. Rat Thy-1 nephritis (Thy-1 N), namely, anti-thymocyte serum (ATS)-induced nephritis, is considered to be an animal model for studying MPGN...
- Efficacy of methylprednisolone and urokinase pulse therapy for severe Henoch-Schönlein nephritisYukihiko Kawasaki
Department of Pediatrics, Fukushima Medical University School of Medicine, Fukushima, Japan
Pediatrics 111:785-9. 2003To evaluate the efficacy of methylprednisolone and urokinase pulse therapy (MUPT) for severe Henoch-Schönlein nephritis, we examined the clinical manifestation and prognosis of patients with MUPT on long-term observation.
- Apoptosis of glomerular mesangial cells induced by sublytic C5b-9 complexes in rats with Thy-1 nephritis is dependent on Gadd45 gamma upregulationWen Qiu
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing, Jiangsu, PR China
Eur J Immunol 39:3251-66. 2009..cell apoptosis, but the mechanism of sublytic C5b-9-mediated glomerular mesangial cell (GMC) apoptosis in Thy-1 nephritis (Thy-1N) remains largely unclear...
- BK virus nephritis after renal transplantationAaron Dall
Division of Nephrology, Medical College of Wisconsin, 9200 West Wisconsin Avenue, Milwaukee, WI 53226, USA
Clin J Am Soc Nephrol 3:S68-75. 2008BK virus nephritis is an increasing problem and is posing a threat to improving renal transplant graft survival. The pathogenesis of this condition remains to be investigated...
- High-mobility group box-1 protein promotes granulomatous nephritis in adenine-induced nephropathyYoko Oyama
Department of Laboratory and Vascular Medicine, Kagoshima University Graduate School of Medical and Dental Sciences, Kagoshima, Japan
Lab Invest 90:853-66. 2010Granulomatous nephritis can be triggered by diverse factors and results in kidney failure. However, despite accumulating data about granulomatous inflammation, pathogenetic mechanisms in nephritis remain unclear...
- Plasmapheresis as the sole therapy for rapidly progressive Henoch-Schönlein purpura nephritis in childrenM Hattori
Department of Pediatric Nephrology, Tokyo Women s Medical University, School of Medicine, Japan
Am J Kidney Dis 33:427-33. 1999To clarify the therapeutic role of plasmapheresis (PP) for patients with Henoch-Schönlein purpura (HSP) nephritis, the clinical courses of nine children with a rapidly progressive type of HSP nephritis, who were treated with PP as the ..
- Successful treatment of progressive Henoch-Schönlein purpura nephritis with tonsillectomy and steroid pulse therapyHitoshi Sugiyama
Department of Medicine and Clinical Science, Okayama University Graduate School of Medicine and Dentistry
Intern Med 44:611-5. 2005..We report here an adult patient with HSP nephritis (HSPN) accompanied by persistent proteinuria and progressive renal dysfunction despite conventional therapy...
- BK virus-specific antibodies and BKV DNA in renal transplant recipients with BKV nephritisSundaram Hariharan
The Division of Nephrology, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI, USA
Am J Transplant 5:2719-24. 2005We evaluated twenty renal transplant subjects at various stages of BKV nephritis (BKVN) for BKV-specific IgG and IgM antibodies using ELISA technique and BKV-DNA using PCR...
- Predictors of outcome in Henoch-Schönlein nephritis in children and adultsRosanna Coppo
Nephrology, Dialysis and Transplantation Unit, Regina Margherita Hospital, Turin, Italy
Am J Kidney Dis 47:993-1003. 2006Factors predictive of renal outcome were investigated in 219 cases of biopsy-proven Henoch-Schönlein purpura nephritis (HSPN); 83 children and 136 adults enrolled in a national study were followed up for up to 27 years (median, 4...
- Possible pathologenic role of interleukin-5 and eosino cationic protein in Henoch-Schönlein purpura nephritisYukihiko Kawasaki
Department of Pediatrics, Fukushima Medical University School of Medicine, Fukushima City, Fukushima, Japan
Pediatr Int 47:512-7. 2005The mechanism for the onset of Henoch-Schönlein purpura nephritis is unknown...
- Streptococcal origin of a case of Henoch-Schoenlein purpura nephritisY Kikuchi
Second Department of Internal Medicine, National Defense Medical College, Namiki, Tokorozawa, Saitama, Japan
Clin Nephrol 65:124-8. 2006..occurring 2 weeks after acute tonsillitis, and admitted to our hospital with suspected Henoch-Schönlein purpura nephritis (HSPN). He had increased anti-streptolysin O (ASO) titer and hypocomplementemia...
- SLEN2 (2q34-35) and SLEN1 (10q22.3) replication in systemic lupus erythematosus stratified by nephritisAna I Quintero-del-Rio
Am J Hum Genet 75:346-8. 2004
- Prevention and reversal of nephritis in MRL/lpr mice with a single injection of C-reactive proteinWilfredo Rodriguez
University of New Mexico School of Medicine, Albuquerque, NM 87108, USA
Arthritis Rheum 54:325-35. 2006..These mice develop high-titer anti-DNA antibodies and immune complex-mediated nephritis and exhibit progressive lymphadenopathy...
- Pathology and protection in nephrotoxic nephritis is determined by selective engagement of specific Fc receptorsYoshikatsu Kaneko
Laboratory of Molecular Genetics and Immunology, The Rockefeller University, New York, NY 10021, USA
J Exp Med 203:789-97. 2006..These results establish the significance of specific IgG subclasses and their cognate FcgammaRs in renal disease...
- Development of nephritis but not sialadenitis in autoimmune-prone BAFF transgenic mice lacking marginal zone B cellsCarrie A Fletcher
Immunology and Inflammation Research Program, The Garvan Institute of Medical Research, Sydney, Australia
Eur J Immunol 36:2504-14. 2006..BAFF transgenic (Tg) mice develop autoimmune disorders characterized by autoantibody production, which leads to nephritis and salivary gland destruction (sialadenitis), features reminiscent of systemic lupus erythematosus and Sjögren'..
- Henoch-Schönlein purpura nephritis with nephrotic-range proteinuria: histological regression possibly associated with cyclosporin A and steroid treatmentJ I Shin
Department of Paediatrics, The Institute of Kidney Disease, Yonsei University College of Medicine, Severance Hospital, Seoul, Korea
Scand J Rheumatol 34:392-5. 2005To clarify the therapeutic role of cyclosporin A (CyA) for patients with Henoch-Schönlein purpura nephritis (HSPN) showing nephrotic-range proteinuria.
- Coincident scrapie infection and nephritis lead to urinary prion excretionHarald Seeger
Institute of Neuropathology, University Hospital of Zurich, Schmelzbergstrasse 12, CH 8091 Zurich, Switzerland
Science 310:324-6. 2005..Urinary proteins from scrapie-infected mice with lymphocytic nephritis induced scrapie upon inoculation into noninfected indicator mice...
- Inhibition of gene markers of fibrosis with a novel inhibitor of transforming growth factor-beta type I receptor kinase in puromycin-induced nephritisEugene T Grygielko
Urogenital Biology, GlaxoSmithKline, King of Prussia, PA 19406, USA
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 313:943-51. 2005..the role of TGF-beta1 in the acute puromycin aminonucleoside (PAN) rat model of renal disease, a model of nephritis-induced renal fibrosis...
- Polyomavirus (BK) in pediatric renal transplants: evaluation of viremic patients with and without BK associated nephritisLeonard C Hymes
Department of Pediatrics, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Pediatr Transplant 10:920-2. 2006..complication in renal transplantation, which may lead to renal dysfunction and graft loss caused by BK nephritis (BKN). We report the management and outcome of 20 children who developed BK viremia...
- CD134 expression on CD4+ T cells is associated with nephritis and disease activity in patients with systemic lupus erythematosusS Patschan
Department of Nephrology, University Hospital Essen, Hufelandstrasse 55, 45122 Essen, Germany
Clin Exp Immunol 145:235-42. 2006..Eleven patients had biopsy-proven lupus nephritis while 17 patients had no clinical evidence of lupus nephritis...
- IgA nephropathy and Henoch-Schoenlein purpura nephritis: aberrant glycosylation of IgA1, formation of IgA1-containing immune complexes, and activation of mesangial cellsJan Novak
University of Alabama at Birmingham, Department of Microbiology, Birmingham, AL 35294, USA
Contrib Nephrol 157:134-8. 2007..The circulating IgA1 of patients with Henoch-Schoenlein purpura nephritis (HSPN) has a similar defect...
- Risk factors for BK polyomavirus nephritis in renal allograft recipientsPaulo N Rocha
Department of Medicine, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Clin Transplant 18:456-62. 2004..AR) and/or the intense immunosuppression used for their treatment have been proposed as risk factors for BK nephritis (BKN; BK refers to the initials of the first patient from whom this polyomavirus was isolated)...
- Clinical and pathological features of children with Henoch-Schoenlein purpura nephritis: risk factors associated with poor prognosisY Kawasaki
Department of Pediatrics, Fukushima Medical University School of Medicine, Fukushima, Japan
Clin Nephrol 60:153-60. 2003To clarify the risk factors related to prognosis in patients with Henoch-Schoenlein purpura nephritis (HSPN), we investigated the cases with HSPN on long-term observation.
- The targets of nephritogenic antibodies in systemic autoimmune disordersP Migliorini
Clinical Immunology Unit, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Pisa, Via Roma 67, 56126 Pisa, Italy
Autoimmun Rev 1:168-73. 2002..Alpha-actinin, an actin-binding protein localized in glomerular podocytes, is the major target of nephritogenic anti-DNA antibodies. Alpha-enolase, a glycolytic enzyme, is a target of nephritogenic anti-DNA and non-anti-DNA antibodies...
- Nephritis-associated plasmin receptor and acute poststreptococcal glomerulonephritis: characterization of the antigen and associated immune responseNobuyuki Yoshizawa
Department of Public Health, National Defense Medical College, Saitama, Japan
J Am Soc Nephrol 15:1785-93. 2004The role of nephritis-associated antigen as a virulence factor for acute poststreptococcal glomerulonephritis (APSGN) remains to be fully clarified...
- Renal expression of alpha-smooth muscle actin and c-Met in children with Henoch-Schönlein purpura nephritisYukihiko Kawasaki
Department of Pediatrics, Fukushima Medical University School of Medicine, 1 Hikariga oka, Fukushima City, Fukushima 960 1295, Japan
Pediatr Nephrol 23:913-9. 2008..whether alpha-SMA and HGF are associated with the progression of renal injury in Henoch-Schönlein purpura nephritis (HSPN), we evaluated the renal expression of alpha-SMA and c-Met in HSPN patients...
- Henoch-Schönlein purpura nephritisFernando C Fervenza
Division of Nephrology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Int J Dermatol 42:170-7. 2003
- Glomerular type 1 angiotensin receptors augment kidney injury and inflammation in murine autoimmune nephritisSteven D Crowley
Department of Medicine, Division of Nephrology, Duke University Medical Center, and Durham VA Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27705, USA
J Clin Invest 119:943-53. 2009..Since AT1A-deficient lpr mice had low blood pressure, these findings suggest that activation of type 1 angiotensin receptors in the glomerulus is sufficient to accelerate renal injury and inflammation in the absence of hypertension...
- Anti-C1q antibodies: association with nephritis and disease activity in systemic lupus erythematosusCarlos Geraldo Moura
Hospital Santo Antonio, Escola Bahiana de Medicina e Saude Publica, Salvador, Brazil
J Clin Lab Anal 23:19-23. 2009Anti-C1q antibodies have been described in systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE) as well as in other connective tissue diseases. They have been considered as a marker for disease activity and presence of nephritis.
- Genome sequence of a Lancefield group C Streptococcus zooepidemicus strain causing epidemic nephritis: new information about an old diseaseStephen B Beres
Center for Molecular and Translational Human Infectious Diseases Research, The Methodist Hospital Research Institute, Houston, Texas, USA
PLoS ONE 3:e3026. 2008..zooepidemicus strain MGCS10565, a group C organism that caused a very large and unusually severe epidemic of nephritis in Brazil. The genome is a circular chromosome of 2,024,171 bp...
- Noninvasive diagnosis of BK virus nephritis by measurement of messenger RNA for BK virus VP1 in urineRuchuang Ding
Division of Nephrology, Departments of Medicine and Transplantation Medicine, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York Presbyterian Hospital, New York, NY 10021, USA
Transplantation 74:987-94. 2002Polyoma virus type BK (BKV) nephritis has emerged as an important cause of renal allograft dysfunction and graft failure. Its diagnosis is contingent on the invasive procedure of allograft biopsy...
- Treatment-based literature of Henoch-Schönlein purpura nephritis in childhoodMarco Zaffanello
Department of Mother Child and Biology Genetics, University of Verona, 37134 Verona, Italy
Pediatr Nephrol 24:1901-11. 2009..of identifying an improved therapeutic protocol for use in the treatment of childhood Henoch-Schönlein purpura nephritis, primarily due to the unpredictable success shown to date in improving long-term renal outcome...
- Association of angiotensin-converting enzyme polymorphisms with systemic lupus erythematosus and nephritis: analysis of 644 SLE familiesA Parsa
Division of Nephrology, Department of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, CA, USA
Genes Immun 3:S42-6. 2002Angiotensin II is a strong candidate for the perpetuation of autoimmunity, nephritis and visceral damage in systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE)...
- Serum protein oxidation and apolipoprotein CIII levels in people with systemic lupus erythematosus with and without nephritisPhilip E Morgan
Free Radical Group, The Heart Research Institute, Camperdown, Sydeny, Australia
Free Radic Res 41:1301-12. 2007..This study compares serum protein oxidation levels in SLE patients without and with renal involvement (lupus nephritis); the latter have a significantly poorer prognosis...
- Acute focal bacterial nephritis in 25 childrenTanja Seidel
Universitaetsklinikum Münster, University Children s Hospital, Munster, Germany
Pediatr Nephrol 22:1897-901. 2007Acute focal bacterial nephritis (AFBN), formerly known as lobar nephronia, is a rare form of interstitial bacterial nephritis. Most often described in adults with diabetes, there is only limited knowledge of AFBN in children...
- Prevention of mercuric chloride-induced nephritis in the brown Norway rat by treatment with antibodies against the alpha 4 integrinA Molina
Department of Pathology, , Madrid, Spain
J Immunol 153:2313-20. 1994HgCl2 induces the synthesis of anti-GBM Abs with the development of glomerular and interstitial nephritis, as well as proteinuria, in the Brown Norway rat...
- Chemokine receptor CXCR3 mediates T cell recruitment and tissue injury in nephrotoxic nephritis in miceUlf Panzer
Medizinische Klinik III, Zentrum fur Innere Medizin, University of Hamburg, Martinistrasse 52, Hamburg, Germany
J Am Soc Nephrol 18:2071-84. 2007..testing whether CXCR3 plays a role in renal inflammation, CXCR3-deficient mice were generated and nephrotoxic nephritis was induced in C57BL/6 CXCR3(-/-) and C57BL/6 wild-type mice...
- Complement activation through the lectin pathway in patients with Henoch-Schönlein purpura nephritisM Endo
Second Department of Internal Medicine, Nihon University School of Medicine, Tokyo
Am J Kidney Dis 35:401-7. 2000Henoch-Schönlein purpura nephritis (HSPN) is considered a form of systemic vasculitis of the small blood vessels with immune pathogenesis...
- Functional relevance of activated beta1 integrins in mercury-induced nephritisE Escudero
Department of Pathology, , , Madrid, Spain
J Am Soc Nephrol 11:1075-84. 2000..synthesis and glomerular deposits of anti-glomerular basement membrane antibodies, proteinuria, and interstitial nephritis. Using the mercury model of nephritis, it was found that the expression of HUTS-21 epitope is induced in vivo in ..
- Epidemic nephritis in Nova Serrana, BrazilS Balter
Respiratory Diseases Branch, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
Lancet 355:1776-80. 2000Outbreaks of nephritis have been rare since the 1970s. From December, 1997, to July, 1998, 253 cases of acute nephritis were identified in Nova Serrana, Brazil. Seven patients required dialysis, and three patients died...
- Nitric oxide inhibition enhances platelet aggregation in experimental anti-Thy-1 nephritisH van Goor
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University Hospital Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
Nitric Oxide 5:525-33. 2001..Urinary protein excretion was significantly elevated in Thy-1 nephritis at 3 and 7 days...
- Henoch-Schönlein purpura nephritis: course of disease and efficacy of cyclophosphamidePenina Tarshish
Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, New York 10461, USA
Pediatr Nephrol 19:51-6. 2004b>Nephritis in Henoch-Schönlein purpura (HSP) is the primary cause of morbidity and mortality. Although many therapeutic regimens have been reported to be effective, no therapy has been shown in a controlled trial to be beneficial...
- Clinical ComponentBRIAN KOTZIN; Fiscal Year: 2003..ACE includes groups doing clinical investigation on type 1 diabetes, systemic lupus erythematosus and lupus nephritis, rheumatoid arthritis, systemic sclerosis, multiple sclerosis, autoimmune pulmonary diseases including ..
- ADHESION MOLECULES AND GLOMERULONEPHRITISTANYA MAYADAS NORTON; Fiscal Year: 2000..in murine models of glomerulonephritis developed by our group: acute, passive anti- glomerular basement membrane nephritis, complement dependent acute nephrotoxic serum nephritis and accelerated nephrotoxic serum nephritis associated ..
- PATHOGENIC ROLE OF THE COMPLEMENT SYSTEM IN MURINE LUPUSRichard Quigg; Fiscal Year: 2009..circumstantial and now direct evidence that the complement system is involved in the pathogenesis of lupus nephritis. The work proposed in this application will examine the role of the complement system in renal disease occurring ..
- Molecular pathogenesis of anti-glomerular basement membrane nephritisDorin Bogdan Borza; Fiscal Year: 2010..in health, broken in autoimmune anti-GBM disease, or selectively deficient in alloimmune Alport post-transplant nephritis. The objective of this project is to determine at molecular level how the adaptive immune system is abnormally ..
- Molecular pathogenesis of anti-glomerular basement membrane nephritisDorin Bogdan Borza; Fiscal Year: 2009..in health, broken in autoimmune anti-GBM disease, or selectively deficient in alloimmune Alport post-transplant nephritis. The objective of this project is to determine at molecular level how the adaptive immune system is abnormally ..
- Prediction of Lupus Outcome by Gene Expression PatternsRobert Winchester; Fiscal Year: 2006..parent trial compares administration of CellCept versus IV Cytoxan for initiating control of biopsy-proven lupus nephritis. We have demonstrated the feasibility of studying gene expression profiles by microarray analysis in glomeruli ..
- The Renal Pathogenicity of Anti-DNA AntibodiesChaim Putterman; Fiscal Year: 2010..specific for systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE), but are also directly involved in the pathogenesis of lupus nephritis (LN), a major disease manifestation...
- The Renal Pathogenicity of Anti-DNA AntibodiesChaim Putterman; Fiscal Year: 2009..specific for systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE), but are also directly involved in the pathogenesis of lupus nephritis (LN), a major disease manifestation...
- The Renal Pathogenicity of Anti-DNA AntibodiesChaim Putterman; Fiscal Year: 2009..specific for systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE), but are also directly involved in the pathogenesis of lupus nephritis (LN), a major disease manifestation...
- ROLE OF PPAR GAMMA IN LUPUS NEPHRITISGary Gilkeson; Fiscal Year: 2005..important insight into the role of PPAR gamma and its ligands in controlling the inflammatory response in lupus nephritis. We and others have shown that the inflammatory response in lupus nephritis can be blocked, decreasing ..
- CELL MEDIATED RENAL INJURY IN LUPUSVICKI KELLEY; Fiscal Year: 2004..renal disease regulated by the lpr gene we will investigate the importance of CSF-1 in the pathogenesis of lupus nephritis. We propose to test whether the increase in circulating CSF-1 detected in neonatal MRL-lpr/lpr mice is ..
- CLINICAL CENTERDavid Wofsy; Fiscal Year: 2003..The two proposed clinical trials are: Protocol 1: Treatment of lupus nephritis with CTLA4Ig, a fusion protein that inhibits T cell costimulation via the CD28 pathway...
- Cellular and Genetic Basis of Systemic LupusShu Man Fu; Fiscal Year: 2010..of chronic glomerulonephritis (cGN) respectively in NZM2328, a much studied model for human proliferative lupus nephritis. During the currrent grant period, two informative congenic lines, 290-2 and 507-2 were generated and ..
- RCT of GnRH-a for ovarian protection during CYC therapy for rheumatic diseaseWILLIAM J contact MC CUNE; Fiscal Year: 2010..according to evidence-based protocols for treatment of severe rheumatic diseases including lupus nephritis, Wegener's granulomatosis, other forms of pauci-immune vasculitis, and severe interstitial lung disease ..
- Biomarkers Based Studies of PolyomavirusesAbhay Vats; Fiscal Year: 2007..In patients with BKV-associated tubulointerstitial nephritis, a significant risk for graft loss was noted in our studies...
- Role of Focal Adhesion Kinase (FAK) in Nephrosis and NephritisShuta Ishibe; Fiscal Year: 2010..The goal of the proposal is to define the mechanisms that are involved during kidney injury and to utilize inhibitors that antagonize against the offending agent(s) responsible for disease progression. ..
- Inhibition of lupus nephritis in IRF-1 deficient miceChristopher Reilly; Fiscal Year: 2002..The specific aims described below investigate the role of IFN-y signaling and define the role of IRF-1 in lupus nephritis in MRL/lpr mice...
- Cellular and Genetic Basis of Systemic LupusShu Man Fu; Fiscal Year: 2004..detected in SLE and the genetic factors important in the generation of ANA and anti-dsDNA antibodies and lupus nephritis. Recently, a new model of SLE NZM2328 has been characterized...
- Tertiary lymphoid neogenesis in human lupus nephritisMarcus R Clark; Fiscal Year: 2010The most frequent severe manifestation of SLE is lupus nephritis (LN)...
- Role of reactive intermediates in lupus nephritisJames C Oates; Fiscal Year: 2010Systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE) is a systemic autoimmune disease that is complicated by lupus nephritis (LN) in approximately 50 percent of cases...
- Human Autoantibodies in Anti-GBM DiseaseAnne Christensen; Fiscal Year: 2005..The studies proposed here seek to identify how autoantibodies against alpha3(IV) initiate nephritis through binding to the GBM...
- IMMUNOLOGIC MECHANISMS OF LUPUS NEPHRITISMichael Madaio; Fiscal Year: 1993..per se, are critical for and contribute to the observed variations in the phenotypic expression of lupus nephritis, and they emphasize the disease relevance of both the Ag binding regions of pathogenic autoAb and the glomerular ..
- Sociodemographic Disparities in Lupus Nephritis: Healthcare Access and OutcomesKaren Costenbader; Fiscal Year: 2009..S. Systemic lupus erythematosus (lupus), a complex autoimmune disease, can cause nephritis and, in severe cases, end-stage renal disease...
- Membranous Nephritis Antigen Defined by Phage AntibodiesSudesh Makker; Fiscal Year: 2007..when patients first present with full-blown nephrotic syndrome is supported by similar observation in Heymann nephritis, a rat model of MGN...