Genomes and Genes
renal cell carcinoma
Summary: A heterogeneous group of sporadic or hereditary carcinoma derived from cells of the KIDNEYS. There are several subtypes including the clear cells, the papillary, the chromophobe, the collecting duct, the spindle cells (sarcomatoid), or mixed cell-type carcinoma.
Articles from Journal RESEARCH
Articles from Journal RESEARCH1
Publications362 found, 100 shown here
- Efficacy of everolimus in advanced renal cell carcinoma: a double-blind, randomised, placebo-controlled phase III trialRobert J Motzer
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY, USA
Lancet 372:449-56. 2008..administered inhibitor of the mammalian target of rapamycin (mTOR), a therapeutic target for metastatic renal cell carcinoma. We did a phase III, randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial of everolimus in patients with ..
- Overall survival and updated results for sunitinib compared with interferon alfa in patients with metastatic renal cell carcinomaRobert J Motzer
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, 1275 York Ave, New York, NY 10021, USA
J Clin Oncol 27:3584-90. 2009..superiority of sunitinib over interferon alfa (IFN-alpha) in progression-free survival (primary end point) as first-line treatment for metastatic renal cell carcinoma (RCC). Final survival analyses and updated results are reported.
- Pazopanib in locally advanced or metastatic renal cell carcinoma: results of a randomized phase III trialCora N Sternberg
FACP, Department of Medical Oncology, San Camillo Forlanini Hospital, Circonvallazione Gianicolense 87, Rome, Italy 00152
J Clin Oncol 28:1061-8. 2010..and safety of pazopanib monotherapy in treatment-naive and cytokine-pretreated patients with advanced renal cell carcinoma (RCC)...
- Sorafenib for treatment of renal cell carcinoma: Final efficacy and safety results of the phase III treatment approaches in renal cancer global evaluation trialBernard Escudier
Institut Gustave Roussy, Villejuif, France
J Clin Oncol 27:3312-8. 2009..data and evaluation of vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) as a prognostic biomarker from the Treatment Approaches in Renal Cancer Global Evaluation Trial (TARGET) study in patients with renal cell carcinoma (RCC) are reported.
- Phase 3 trial of everolimus for metastatic renal cell carcinoma : final results and analysis of prognostic factorsRobert J Motzer
Department of Medicine, Genitourinary Oncology Service, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York 10021, USA
Cancer 116:4256-65. 2010..trial demonstrated superiority at interim analysis for everolimus over placebo in patients with metastatic renal cell carcinoma (mRCC) progressing on vascular endothelial growth factor receptor-tyrosine kinase inhibitors...
- Sorafenib in advanced clear-cell renal-cell carcinomaBernard Escudier
Department of Medicine, Institut Gustave Roussy, Villejuif, France
N Engl J Med 356:125-34. 2007..We conducted a phase 3, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial of sorafenib, a multikinase inhibitor of tumor-cell proliferation and angiogenesis, in patients with advanced clear-cell renal-cell carcinoma...
- Temsirolimus, interferon alfa, or both for advanced renal-cell carcinomaGary Hudes
Department of Medical Oncology, Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, PA 19111, USA
N Engl J Med 356:2271-81. 2007..Interferon alfa is widely used for metastatic renal-cell carcinoma but has limited efficacy and tolerability. Temsirolimus, a specific inhibitor of the mammalian target of rapamycin kinase, may benefit patients with this disease...
- Presence of intratumoral neutrophils is an independent prognostic factor in localized renal cell carcinomaHanne Krogh Jensen
Department of Oncology, Aarhus University Hospital, 8000 Aarhus C, Denmark
J Clin Oncol 27:4709-17. 2009We have previously demonstrated a significant negative impact of intratumoral neutrophils in metastatic renal cell carcinoma. This study assessed intratumoral neutrophils in localized clear cell renal cell carcinoma (RCC).
- Rising incidence of renal cell cancer in the United StatesW H Chow
Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD 20892 7240, USA
JAMA 281:1628-31. 1999Clinical surveys have revealed that incidental detection of renal cell carcinoma is rising because of increased use of imaging procedures.
- Prognostic factors for overall survival in patients with metastatic renal cell carcinoma treated with vascular endothelial growth factor-targeted agents: results from a large, multicenter studyDaniel Y C Heng
FRCPC, Department of Medical Oncology, Tom Baker Cancer Center, University of Calgary, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
J Clin Oncol 27:5794-9. 2009There are no robust data on prognostic factors for overall survival (OS) in patients with metastatic renal cell carcinoma (RCC) treated with vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) -targeted therapy.
- Renal cell carcinomaBrian I Rini
Department of Solid Tumor Oncology, Cleveland Clinic Taussig Cancer Institute, Cleveland, OH, USA
Lancet 373:1119-32. 2009Considerable progress has been made in the treatment of patients with renal cell carcinoma, with innovative surgical and systemic strategies revolutionising the management of this disease...
- Sunitinib versus interferon alfa in metastatic renal-cell carcinomaRobert J Motzer
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10021, USA
N Engl J Med 356:115-24. 2007..Since sunitinib malate has shown activity in two uncontrolled studies in patients with metastatic renal-cell carcinoma, a comparison of the drug with interferon alfa in a phase 3 trial is warranted...
- Sunitinib mediates reversal of myeloid-derived suppressor cell accumulation in renal cell carcinoma patientsJennifer S Ko
Department of Immunology, Cleveland Clinic Lerner Research Institute, Cleveland, OH, USA
Clin Cancer Res 15:2148-57. 2009Immune dysfunction reported in renal cell carcinoma (RCC) patients may contribute to tumor progression. Myeloid-derived suppressor cells (MDSC) represent one mechanism by which tumors induce T-cell suppression...
- Searching for the hereditary causes of renal-cell carcinomaChristian P Pavlovich
Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center, Brady Urological Institute, A 345, 4940 Eastern Ave, Baltimore, Maryland 21224, USA
Nat Rev Cancer 4:381-93. 2004
- Phase III trial of bevacizumab plus interferon alfa-2a in patients with metastatic renal cell carcinoma (AVOREN): final analysis of overall survivalBernard Escudier
Unité Immunothérapie, Institut Gustave Roussy, 39 rue Camille Desmoulins, 94805 Villejuif Cedex, France
J Clin Oncol 28:2144-50. 2010A phase III trial of bevacizumab combined with interferon alfa-2a (IFN) showed significant improvements in progression-free survival (PFS) in metastatic renal cell carcinoma (mRCC). Here, we report overall survival (OS) data.
- Phase III trial of bevacizumab plus interferon alfa versus interferon alfa monotherapy in patients with metastatic renal cell carcinoma: final results of CALGB 90206Brian I Rini
Department of Solid Tumor Oncology, Cleveland Clinic Taussig Cancer Institute, 9500 Euclid Ave Desk R35, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
J Clin Oncol 28:2137-43. 2010Bevacizumab is an antibody that binds vascular endothelial growth factor and has activity in metastatic renal cell carcinoma (RCC). Interferon alfa (IFN-alpha) is the historic standard initial treatment for RCC...
- HIF-1 inhibits mitochondrial biogenesis and cellular respiration in VHL-deficient renal cell carcinoma by repression of C-MYC activityHuafeng Zhang
Vascular Biology Program, Institute for Cell Engineering, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Cancer Cell 11:407-20. 2007..We demonstrate that transcription of the gene encoding the coactivator PGC-1beta is C-MYC dependent and that loss of PGC-1beta expression is a major factor contributing to reduced respiration in VHL-deficient renal carcinoma cells...
- The efficacy of the novel dual PI3-kinase/mTOR inhibitor NVP-BEZ235 compared with rapamycin in renal cell carcinomaDaniel C Cho
Division of Hematology and Oncology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, USA
Clin Cancer Res 16:3628-38. 2010Inhibitors of TORC1 have been shown to be active in patients with metastatic renal cell carcinoma (RCC)...
- Interleukin-8 mediates resistance to antiangiogenic agent sunitinib in renal cell carcinomaDan Huang
Laboratory of Cancer Genetics, Laboratory of Computational Biology, Van Andel Research Institute, Grand Rapids, Michigan 49503, USA
Cancer Res 70:1063-71. 2010The broad spectrum kinase inhibitor sunitinib is a first-line therapy for advanced clear cell renal cell carcinoma (ccRCC), a deadly form of kidney cancer...
- Histone methyltransferase gene SETD2 is a novel tumor suppressor gene in clear cell renal cell carcinomaGerben Duns
Departments of Genetics and Pathology, University Medical Centre Groningen, University of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
Cancer Res 70:4287-91. 2010Sporadic clear cell renal cell carcinoma (cRCC) is genetically characterized by the recurrent loss of the short arm of chromosome 3, with a hotspot for copy number loss in the 3p21 region...
- MicroRNA profiling of clear cell renal cell carcinoma by whole-genome small RNA deep sequencing of paired frozen and formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded tissue specimensLihong Weng
Department of Pathology, City of Hope National Medical Center and Beckman Research Institute, Duarte, CA 91010, USA
J Pathol 222:41-51. 2010b>Renal cell carcinoma (RCC) is one of the leading causes of cancer mortality...
- Phase II study of axitinib in sorafenib-refractory metastatic renal cell carcinomaBrian I Rini
Department of Solid Tumor Oncology and Urology, Cleveland Clinic Taussig Cancer Institute, 9500 Euclid Ave, Desk R35, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
J Clin Oncol 27:4462-8. 2009..potent, and selective inhibitor of vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) receptors 1, 2, and 3 in patients with metastatic renal cell carcinoma (mRCC) refractory to prior therapies that included, but were not limited to, sorafenib.
- Identifying mRNA targets of microRNA dysregulated in cancer: with application to clear cell Renal Cell CarcinomaHuiqing Liu
BioMaPS Institute, Rutgers University, Piscataway, NJ 08854, USA
BMC Syst Biol 4:51. 2010..Putative mRNA targets of microRNA identified from seed sequence matches are available in many databases. However, such matches have a high false positive rate and cannot identify tissue specificity of regulation...
- Arginase I-producing myeloid-derived suppressor cells in renal cell carcinoma are a subpopulation of activated granulocytesPaulo C Rodriguez
Department of Microbiology, Stanley S Scott Cancer Center, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, New Orleans, Louisiana 70112, USA
Cancer Res 69:1553-60. 2009..suppressor cells (MDSC) producing arginase I are increased in the peripheral blood of patients with renal cell carcinoma (RCC)...
- Sunitinib: from rational design to clinical efficacyLaura Q M Chow
Department of Medical Oncology, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
J Clin Oncol 25:884-96. 2007..and breast cancers in phase II studies, whereas definitive efficacy has been demonstrated in advanced renal cell carcinoma and in imatinib-refractory GISTs, leading to US Food and Drug Administration approval of sunitinib for ..
- Bevacizumab plus interferon alfa-2a for treatment of metastatic renal cell carcinoma: a randomised, double-blind phase III trialBernard Escudier
Department of Medicine, Institut Gustave Roussy, Villejuif, France
Lancet 370:2103-11. 2007Vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) inhibition is a valid therapeutic approach in renal cell carcinoma. Therefore, an investigation of the combination treatment of the humanised anti-VEGF monoclonal antibody bevacizumab with ..
- Mitochondrial DNA content: its genetic heritability and association with renal cell carcinomaJinliang Xing
Department of Epidemiology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 100:1104-12. 2008..b>Renal cell carcinoma accounts for 85% of all renal cancers...
- Antitumor activity and biomarker analysis of sunitinib in patients with bevacizumab-refractory metastatic renal cell carcinomaBrian I Rini
Department of Solid Tumor Oncology and Urology, Cleveland Clinic Taussig Cancer Institute, 9500 Euclid Avenue, Desk R35, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
J Clin Oncol 26:3743-8. 2008To assess the safety and efficacy of sunitinib in patients with bevacizumab-refractory metastatic renal cell carcinoma (mRCC) and explore biomarkers for sunitinib response.
- Targeting beta2-microglobulin mediated signaling as a novel therapeutic approach for human renal cell carcinomaTakeo Nomura
Molecular Urology and Therapeutics Program, Department of Urology and Winship Cancer Institute, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia 30322, USA
J Urol 178:292-300. 2007..In the current study we investigated the direct role of beta2-microglobulin in the regulation of human renal cell carcinoma cell growth and the possible apoptotic inducing effect of blocking the beta2-microglobulin signaling ..
- Pretreatment neutrophil-to-lymphocyte ratio as an independent predictor of recurrence in patients with nonmetastatic renal cell carcinomaYoshio Ohno
Department of Urology, Tokyo Medical University, Tokyo, Japan
J Urol 184:873-8. 2010We investigated the prognostic significance of the neutrophil-to-lymphocyte ratio to predict recurrence in patients with nonmetastatic renal cell carcinoma.
- Genetic variations in microRNA-related genes are associated with survival and recurrence in patients with renal cell carcinomaJie Lin
Department of Epidemiology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Carcinogenesis 31:1805-12. 2010..single-nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) in microRNAs (miRNAs)-related genes on survival and recurrence among renal cell carcinoma (RCC) patients. During a median follow-up of 21...
- Germline mutations in FH predispose to dominantly inherited uterine fibroids, skin leiomyomata and papillary renal cell cancerIan P M Tomlinson
Molecular and Population Genetics Laboratory, Imperial Cancer Research Fund, 44, Lincoln s Inn Fields, London WC2A 3PX, UK
Nat Genet 30:406-10. 2002..We previously mapped a gene that predisposes to multiple fibroids, cutaneous leiomyomata and renal cell carcinoma to chromosome 1q42.3-q43 (refs 4-6)...
- A randomized trial of bevacizumab, an anti-vascular endothelial growth factor antibody, for metastatic renal cancerJames C Yang
Surgery Branch, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
N Engl J Med 349:427-34. 2003..We conducted a clinical trial to evaluate bevacizumab, a neutralizing antibody against vascular endothelial growth factor, in patients with metastatic renal-cell carcinoma...
- Rising incidence of small renal masses: a need to reassess treatment effectJohn M Hollingsworth
Michigan Urology Center, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 98:1331-4. 2006..The fact that increased detection and treatment of small tumors is not reducing mortality argues for a reassessment of the current treatment paradigm...
- Surveillance after radical or partial nephrectomy for localized renal cell carcinoma and management of recurrent diseaseNicolette K Janzen
Department of Urology, University of California at Los Angeles School of Medicine, 10833 Le Conte Avenue, CHS 66 118, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1738, USA
Urol Clin North Am 30:843-52. 2003..Factors including patient comorbidities and patient willingness to pursue aggressive management in the event of recurrence may alter the follow-up for each individual...
- Comparisons of outcome and prognostic features among histologic subtypes of renal cell carcinomaJohn C Cheville
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 27:612-24. 2003..compare cancer-specific survival and to examine associations with outcome among the histologic subtypes of renal cell carcinoma (RCC)...
- The epidemiology of renal cell carcinomaLoren Lipworth
International Epidemiology Institute, 1455 Research Boulevard, Rockville, MD 20850, USA
J Urol 176:2353-8. 2006..We identified and examined risk factors for renal cell cancer, some of which may explain in part the trends of steadily increasing incidence rates, particularly in black Americans...
- Carbonic anhydrase IX is an independent predictor of survival in advanced renal clear cell carcinoma: implications for prognosis and therapyMatthew H T Bui
Department of Urology, University of California, Los Angeles, California 90095 1738, USA
Clin Cancer Res 9:802-11. 2003Metastatic renal cell carcinoma (RCC) has a poor prognosis and an unpredictable course. To date, there are no molecular markers which can reliably predict RCC outcome...
- Single nucleotide polymorphisms of microRNA machinery genes modify the risk of renal cell carcinomaYohei Horikawa
Department of Epidemiology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Clin Cancer Res 14:7956-62. 2008..Compelling evidence has shown that miRNAs are involved in cancer initiation and progression. We hypothesized that genetic variations of the miRNA machinery genes could be associated with the risk of renal cell carcinoma.
- Spheres derived from the human SK-RC-42 renal cell carcinoma cell line are enriched in cancer stem cellsYong Zhong
Department of Immunology, Cancer Institute, Peking Union Medical College and Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences, Beijing 100021, China
Cancer Lett 299:150-60. 2010..In this study, we sought to enrich CSCs from the renal cell carcinoma (RCC) cell line SK-RC-42 using the sphere culture system and characterize their immunophenotype...
- Impact of immune parameters on long-term survival in metastatic renal cell carcinomaFrede Donskov
Department of Oncology, Aarhus University Hospital, Aarhus C, Denmark
J Clin Oncol 24:1997-2005. 2006The purpose of this study was to evaluate the impact of immunologic prognostic factors in combination with established clinical prognostic factors in patients with metastatic renal cell carcinoma (mRCC).
- Evaluating overall survival and competing risks of death in patients with localized renal cell carcinoma using a comprehensive nomogramAlexander Kutikov
Department of Urological Oncology, Fox Chase Cancer Center, Temple University School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19111, USA
J Clin Oncol 28:311-7. 2010Many patients with localized node-negative renal cell carcinoma (RCC) are elderly with competing comorbidities. Their overall survival benefit after surgical treatment is unknown...
- Angiopoietin-like 4 is a proangiogenic factor produced during ischemia and in conventional renal cell carcinomaSebastien Le Jan
INSERM U36, College de France, Paris
Am J Pathol 162:1521-8. 2003..We observed particularly high levels of ANGPTL4 mRNA in tumor cells of conventional renal cell carcinoma. Other benign and malignant renal tumor cells do not produce ANGPTL4 mRNA...
- Overexpression of the myc target gene Mina53 in advanced renal cell carcinomaHironori Ishizaki
Department of Pathology, Kurume University School of Medicine, Kurume, Japan
Pathol Int 57:672-80. 2007..study was to examined Mina53 expression and its relationship to clinicopathological parameters in human renal cell carcinoma (RCC)...
- Sunitinib inhibition of Stat3 induces renal cell carcinoma tumor cell apoptosis and reduces immunosuppressive cellsHong Xin
Divisions of Cancer Immunotherapeutics and Tumor Immunology, Beckman Research Institute and City of Hope Comprehensive Cancer Center, Duarte, California, USA
Cancer Res 69:2506-13. 2009..is used as an antiangiogenic agent for the treatment of several types of cancer, including metastatic renal cell carcinoma (RCC). Sunitinib was shown to positively change the immunosuppressive phenotype in RCC patients...
- Serum biomarkers of renal cell carcinoma assessed using a protein profiling approach based on ClinProt techniqueClizia Chinello
Department of Experimental Medicine, University of Milano Bicocca, Monza, Italy
Urology 75:842-7. 2010..related diagnostic markers that are able to better discriminate healthy subjects from patients affected by renal cell carcinoma (ccRCC). Renal cell carcinoma is the most common malignancy of the kidney...
- FDA approval summary: temsirolimus as treatment for advanced renal cell carcinomaVirginia E Kwitkowski
Division of Drug Oncology Products, Office of Oncology Drug Products, Center for Drug Evaluation and Research, U S Food and Drug Administration, Silver Spring, Maryland 20993 0002, USA
Oncologist 15:428-35. 2010..Administration (FDA)'s approval of temsirolimus (Torisel), on May 30, 2007, for the treatment of advanced renal cell carcinoma (RCC). Information provided includes regulatory history, study design, study results, and literature review...
- Prevalence of renal cell carcinoma in patients with autosomal dominant polycystic kidney disease and chronic renal failurePascal Hajj
Department of Urology, Bicetre University Hospital, Universite Paris Sud, Le Kremlin Bicetre, France
Urology 74:631-4. 2009To study the prevalence and the characteristics of renal cell carcinoma (RCC) in patients with autosomal dominant polycystic kidney disease (ADPKD) in our series.
- HIF overexpression correlates with biallelic loss of fumarate hydratase in renal cancer: novel role of fumarate in regulation of HIF stabilityJennifer S Isaacs
Urologic Oncology Branch, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Cancer Cell 8:143-53. 2005..Further, we show that fumarate acts as a competitive inhibitor of HPH. These data delineate a novel fumarate-dependent pathway for regulating HPH activity and HIF protein levels...
- Arginase, prostaglandins, and myeloid-derived suppressor cells in renal cell carcinomaAugusto C Ochoa
Stanley S Scott Cancer Center and Department of Pediatrics, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, 533 Bolivar Street, New Orleans, LA 70112, USA
Clin Cancer Res 13:721s-726s. 2007..increase in MDSC could explain the molecular alterations and dysfunction found in T cells of patients with renal cell carcinoma (RCC)...
- Proliferative activity of intratumoral CD8(+) T-lymphocytes as a prognostic factor in human renal cell carcinoma: clinicopathologic demonstration of antitumor immunityO Nakano
Department of Pathology, Tohoku University Graduate School of Medical Science, Sendai 980-8575, Japan
Cancer Res 61:5132-6. 2001..analyzed the biological significance of tumor-infiltrating lymphocytes in 221 patients with renal cell carcinoma without preoperative treatments...
- Epidemiologic and socioeconomic burden of metastatic renal cell carcinoma (mRCC): a literature reviewKiran Gupta
Abt Associates Inc, HERQuLES, 181 Spring Street, Lexington, MA 02421, United States
Cancer Treat Rev 34:193-205. 2008b>Renal cell carcinoma (RCC), the most common form of kidney cancer, initially has an asymptomatic clinical course; 25-30% of patients present with metastatic disease at time of diagnosis...
- Sorafenib for the treatment of advanced renal cell carcinomaRobert C Kane
Division of Drug Oncology Products, Center for Drug Evaluation and Research, U S Food and Drug Administration, Silver Spring, Maryland 20993 0004, USA
Clin Cancer Res 12:7271-8. 2006..S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) review and approval of sorafenib (Nexavar, BAY43-9006), a new small-molecule, oral, multi-kinase inhibitor for the treatment of patients with advanced renal cell carcinoma (RCC).
- Germline and somatic mutations in the tyrosine kinase domain of the MET proto-oncogene in papillary renal carcinomasL Schmidt
Intramural Research Support Program, SAIC Frederick, MD, USA
Nat Genet 16:68-73. 1997..The results suggest that missense mutations located in the MET proto-oncogene lead to constitutive activation of the MET protein and papillary renal carcinomas...
- C-reactive protein is an informative predictor of renal cell carcinoma-specific mortality: a European study of 313 patientsPierre I Karakiewicz
Cancer Prognostics and Health Outcomes Unit, University of Montreal Health Center, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Cancer 110:1241-7. 2007C-reactive protein (CRP) represents a promising prognostic variable in patients with sporadic renal cell carcinoma (RCC)...
- Noninfectious pneumonitis after everolimus therapy for advanced renal cell carcinomaDorothy A White
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, Pulmonary Medicine, New York, NY 10021, USA
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 182:396-403. 2010..Noninfectious pneumonitis is a known class effect of mammalian target of rapamycin (mTOR) inhibitors...
- Reversal of myeloid cell-mediated immunosuppression in patients with metastatic renal cell carcinomaSergei Kusmartsev
Department of Urology, College of Medicine, University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida 32610 0247, USA
Clin Cancer Res 14:8270-8. 2008..immunosuppression remains a significant obstacle that limits the efficacy of biological therapy for renal cell carcinoma. Here we evaluate the role of CD33 myeloid-derived suppressor cells (MDSC) in the regulation of T-cell ..
- Hypoxia-inducible factor 1 alpha in clear cell renal cell carcinomaTobias Klatte
Department of Urology, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Clin Cancer Res 13:7388-93. 2007..Here, we evaluated the significance of HIF-1 alpha in renal cell carcinoma (RCC).
- Biology and clinical development of vascular endothelial growth factor-targeted therapy in renal cell carcinomaBrian I Rini
University of California San Francisco Comprehensive Cancer Center, CA, USA
J Clin Oncol 23:1028-43. 2005To review the biology of renal cell carcinoma (RCC) leading to vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) overexpression and the clinical results of VEGF blockade in metastatic RCC.
- The von Hippel-Lindau tumor suppressor gene and kidney cancerWilliam G Kaelin
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Dana Farber Cancer Institute and Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Clin Cancer Res 10:6290S-5S. 2004..basis of these and other data, VHL appears to be a critical gatekeeper with respect to the development of renal cell carcinoma. The VHL gene product, pVHL, is the substrate recognition module of an E3 ubiquitin ligase that targets the ..
- Identification of novel target genes by an epigenetic reactivation screen of renal cancerInmaculada Ibanez de Caceres
Departments of Surgical Oncology and Pathology, Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19111, USA
Cancer Res 66:5021-8. 2006....
- Cytogenetic profile predicts prognosis of patients with clear cell renal cell carcinomaTobias Klatte
Department of Urology, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Center for Health Sciences, Los Angeles, CA 90025 1738, USA
J Clin Oncol 27:746-53. 2009The majority of cytogenetic studies in renal cell carcinoma (RCC) have been impaired by small sample size, retrospective character, and lack of a survival end point...
- High-dose interleukin-2 for the treatment of metastatic renal cell carcinoma : a retrospective analysis of response and survival in patients treated in the surgery branch at the National Cancer Institute between 1986 and 2006Jacob A Klapper
Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Cancer 113:293-301. 2008The treatment of metastatic renal cell carcinoma (RCC) with high-dose interleukin-2 (HD IL-2) has resulted in durable tumor regression in a minority of patients...
- Detection of DNA copy number changes and oncogenic signaling abnormalities from gene expression data reveals MYC activation in high-grade papillary renal cell carcinomaKyle A Furge
Laboratory of Computational Biology, Van Andel Research Institute, Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA
Cancer Res 67:3171-6. 2007Papillary renal cell carcinoma (RCC) represents 10% to 15% of adult renal neoplasms; however, the molecular genetic events that are associated with the development and progression of sporadic papillary RCC remain largely unclear...
- Prognostic value of histologic subtypes in renal cell carcinoma: a multicenter experienceJean Jacques Patard
Department of Urology, Rennes University Hospital, Rennes, France
J Clin Oncol 23:2763-71. 2005To analyze to what extent histologic subtype is of prognostic importance in renal cell carcinoma based on a large, international, multicenter experience.
- Circulating tumour tissue fragments in patients with pulmonary metastasis of clear cell renal cell carcinomaGursah Kats-Ugurlu
Department of Pathology, Radboud University, Nijmegen Medical Centre, PO Box 9101, 6500 HB Nijmegen, The Netherlands
J Pathol 219:287-93. 2009..Here we tested whether this process has clinical relevance for clear cell renal cell carcinoma (ccRCC), a prototype tumour in the sense of high constitutive VEGF-A expression...
- Renal cell carcinoma: dynamic contrast-enhanced MR imaging for differentiation of tumor subtypes--correlation with pathologic findingsMaryellen R M Sun
Department of Radiology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, 330 Brookline Ave, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Radiology 250:793-802. 2009....
- Lymphangiogenesis and angiogenesis in conventional renal cell carcinoma: association with vascular endothelial growth factors A to D immunohistochemistryTakahisa Iwata
Department of Urology, Nagasaki University School of Medicine, Nagasaki, Japan
Urology 71:749-54. 2008..However, little is known about the pathologic roles of lymphangiogenesis in renal cell carcinoma (RCC)...
- Pathway signature and cellular differentiation in clear cell renal cell carcinomaHan W Tun
Department of Hematology Oncology, Mayo Clinic, Jacksonville, Florida, United States of America
PLoS ONE 5:e10696. 2010Clear cell renal cell carcinoma (ccRCC) is the most common kidney cancer. The purpose of this study is to define a biological pathway signature and a cellular differentiation program in ccRCC.
- Tumor doubling time of renal cell carcinoma measured by CT: collaboration of Japanese Society of Renal CancerSeiichiro Ozono
Department of Urology, Hamamatsu University School of Medicine, Hamamatsu, Shizuoka, Japan
Jpn J Clin Oncol 34:82-5. 2004This study was conducted to examine the natural history of renal cell carcinoma (RCC).
- Overexpression of DLC-1 induces cell apoptosis and proliferation inhibition in the renal cell carcinomaTao Zhang
Department of Laboratory Medicine, Huashan Hospital, Shanghai Medical College, Fudan University, Shanghai 200040, China
Cancer Lett 283:59-67. 2009The lack of effective anti-tumor therapy for renal cell carcinoma (RCC) has stimulated the search for novel target whose inhibition could block tumorigenesis...
- Synergistic in vivo antitumor effect of the histone deacetylase inhibitor MS-275 in combination with interleukin 2 in a murine model of renal cell carcinomaYukihiko Kato
The Sidney Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Center at Johns Hopkins, Baltimore, Maryland 21231, USA
Clin Cancer Res 13:4538-46. 2007..interleukin 2 (IL-2) is a Food and Drug Administration-approved regimen for patients with metastatic renal cell carcinoma. However, the toxicity and limited clinical benefit associated with IL-2 has hampered its use...
- Vascular endocan (ESM-1) is markedly overexpressed in clear cell renal cell carcinomaXavier Leroy
Department of Pathology, University Hospital, CHRU and Lille II University, Lille, France
Histopathology 56:180-7. 2010..The aim was to analyse the expression of endocan or endothelial cell-specific molecule-1, which is a proteoglycan up-regulated in presence of pro-angiogenic factors...
- Sporadic clear cell renal cell carcinoma but not the papillary type is characterized by severely reduced frequency of primary ciliaPeter Schraml
Department of Pathology, Institute of Surgical Pathology, University Hospital Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
Mod Pathol 22:31-6. 2009Renal cysts and clear cell renal cell carcinoma are common clinical manifestations of people with germ-line mutations of the von Hippel-Lindau tumor suppressor gene, VHL...
- Global histone acetylation levels: prognostic relevance in patients with renal cell carcinomaDavit Mosashvilli
Department of Urology, University Hospital Bonn, Bonn, Germany
Cancer Sci 101:2664-9. 2010..histone H3 acetylation [H3Ac] and total histone H4 acetylation [H4Ac]) were determined in patients with renal cell carcinoma (RCC) using immunohistochemistry in a tissue micro array with 193 RCC and 10 oncocytoma specimens...
- CXCR4 nuclear localization follows binding of its ligand SDF-1 and occurs in metastatic but not primary renal cell carcinomaLinhui Wang
The Department of Urology, Changhai Hospital, Second Military Medical University, Shanghai, PR China
Oncol Rep 22:1333-9. 2009b>Renal cell carcinoma (RCC) shows organ-specific metastasis...
- Hypoxia-inducible factor-1-dependent repression of E-cadherin in von Hippel-Lindau tumor suppressor-null renal cell carcinoma mediated by TCF3, ZFHX1A, and ZFHX1BBalaji Krishnamachary
Vascular Biology Program, Institute for Cell Engineering, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
Cancer Res 66:2725-31. 2006..Thus, HIF-1 contributes to the epithelial-mesenchymal transition in VHL-null RCC by indirect repression of E-cadherin...
- Economic evaluation of sunitinib malate for the first-line treatment of metastatic renal cell carcinomaEdit Remak
Health Care Analytics, United BioSource Corp, 20 Bloomsbury Square, London WC1A 2NS, United Kingdom
J Clin Oncol 26:3995-4000. 2008To assess the cost effectiveness and cost utility of sunitinib malate as a first-line treatment in metastatic renal cell carcinoma (mRCC) compared with interferon-alfa (IFN-alpha) and interleukin-2 (IL-2) from a US societal perspective.
- Gene signatures of progression and metastasis in renal cell cancerJon Jones
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center Genomics Center and Dana Farber Harvard Cancer Center Proteomics Core, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Clin Cancer Res 11:5730-9. 2005..To address the progression, metastasis, and clinical heterogeneity of renal cell cancer (RCC)...
- Annexin II represents metastatic potential in clear-cell renal cell carcinomaY Ohno
Department of Urology, Tokyo Medical University, Tokyo, Japan
Br J Cancer 101:287-94. 2009..The purpose of this study was to assess ANX2 expression in clear-cell (cc) renal cell carcinoma (RCC).
- Maximal COX-2 immunostaining and clinical response to celecoxib and interferon alpha therapy in metastatic renal cell carcinomaBrian I Rini
Department of Hematology and Oncology, Cleveland Clinic, Taussig Cancer Center, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
Cancer 106:566-75. 2006..COX-2 is expressed in the majority of renal cell carcinoma (RCC) tumors and correlates with stage, grade, and microvessel density...
- Carbonic anhydrase IX and pathological features as predictors of outcome in patients with metastatic clear-cell renal cell carcinoma receiving vascular endothelial growth factor-targeted therapyToni K Choueiri
Dana Farber Harvard Cancer Center, Boston, MA, USA
BJU Int 106:772-8. 2010..carbonic anhydrase IX (CAIX) expression and histological features for predicting the outcome in patients with metastatic clear-cell renal cell carcinoma (mRCC) treated with vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF)-targeted therapy.
- The expression of prostate stem cell antigen in human clear cell renal cell carcinoma: a quantitative reverse transcriptase-polymerase chain reaction analysisEssam M Elsamman
Department of Urology and Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, The University of Tokushima Graduate School Institute of Health Biosciences, Tokushima, Japan
BJU Int 98:668-73. 2006To analyse the gene expression level of prostate stem cell antigen (PSCA) in human clear cell renal cell carcinoma (CC-RCC) and its relationship with conventional clinicopathological manifestations, to evaluate its prognostic value for ..
- Transient potential receptor channel 4 controls thrombospondin-1 secretion and angiogenesis in renal cell carcinomaDorina Veliceasa
Department of Urology, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
FEBS J 274:6365-77. 2007Angiogenic switch in renal cell carcinoma (RCC) is attributed to the inactivation of the von Hippel-Lindau tumor suppressor, stabilization of hypoxia inducible factor-1 transcription factor and increased vascular endothelial growth factor...
- The candidate tumor suppressor gene, RASSF1A, from human chromosome 3p21.3 is involved in kidney tumorigenesisK Dreijerink
Laboratory of Immunobiology and Intramural Research Support Program, Science Applications International Corporation, National Cancer Institute, Frederick, MD 21702, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 98:7504-9. 2001..Mutant RASSF1A had reduced growth suppression activity significantly. These data suggest that RASSF1A is the candidate renal TSG gene for the 3p21.3 region...
- Tumor-to-tumor metastasis: Renal cell carcinoma metastatic to papillary carcinoma of thyroid-report of a case and review of the literatureOlga L Bohn
Department of Pathology, MetroHealth Medical Center Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH 44109, USA
Head Neck Pathol 3:327-30. 2009Metastatic disease to thyroid gland is a rare event. Although renal cell carcinoma (RCC) has been reported to metastasize the thyroid gland, metastatic RCC to a thyroid neoplasm is very unusual...
- von Hippel-Lindau gene status and response to vascular endothelial growth factor targeted therapy for metastatic clear cell renal cell carcinomaToni K Choueiri
Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Urol 180:860-5; discussion 865-6. 2008The von Hippel-Lindau (VHL) gene is often inactivated (by mutation or promoter hypermethylation) in renal cell carcinoma but the relation to therapeutic outcome is unclear.
- The sonic hedgehog signaling pathway is reactivated in human renal cell carcinoma and plays orchestral role in tumor growthValérian Dormoy
INSERM U682, Section of Renal Cancer and Renal Physiopathology, University of Strasbourg, School of Medicine, Strasbourg, 67085 France
Mol Cancer 8:123. 2009Human clear cell renal cell carcinoma (CRCC) remains resistant to therapies. Recent advances in Hypoxia Inducible Factors (HIF) molecular network led to targeted therapies, but unfortunately with only limited clinical significance...
- Differentiation of subtypes of renal cell carcinoma on helical CT scansJeong Kon Kim
Department of Radiology, Asan Medical Center, University of Ulsan, 388 1 Poongnap dong, Songpa Gu, Seoul, 138 736, South Korea
AJR Am J Roentgenol 178:1499-506. 2002The purpose of our study was to differentiate subtypes of renal cell carcinoma on helical CT scans.
- Safety and efficacy results of the advanced renal cell carcinoma sorafenib expanded access program in North AmericaWalter M Stadler
Department of Medicine, University of Chicago Medical Center, Chicago, Illinois
Cancer 116:1272-80. 2010The Advanced Renal Cell Carcinoma Sorafenib (ARCCS) program made sorafenib available to patients with advanced renal cell carcinoma (RCC) before regulatory approval.
- Expression of cyclooxygenase-2 in renal cell carcinoma: correlation with tumor cell proliferation, apoptosis, angiogenesis, expression of matrix metalloproteinase-2, and survivalYasuyoshi Miyata
Department of Urology, Nagasaki University School of Medicine, Japan
Clin Cancer Res 9:1741-9. 2003..However, the relationships between COX-2 expression and these biological processes, clinicopathological features, and survival rate in patients with renal cell carcinoma are not clear.
- Tumor size is associated with malignant potential in renal cell carcinoma casesR Houston Thompson
Department of Surgery, Urology Service, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York, USA
J Urol 181:2033-6. 2009..We evaluated our experience with renal cortical tumors to determine whether tumor size is associated with malignant histology and/or nuclear grade...
- Prognosis of Japanese metastatic renal cell carcinoma patients in the cytokine era: a cooperative group report of 1463 patientsSei Naito
Department of Urology, Yamagata University, Yamagata 951 8510, Japan
Eur Urol 57:317-25. 2010Incidence rate of renal cell carcinoma (RCC) differs among countries. The rates of Asian countries are lower than those of countries in North America or Europe but are exceptionally high in Japanese males...
- Characterization of CD4+CD25+ regulatory T cells in patients treated with high-dose interleukin-2 for metastatic melanoma or renal cell carcinomaGiovanni C Cesana
Tumor Immunology Laboratory, Department of Surgery and Biostatistics, Columbia University Medical Center, New York, NY 10032, USA
J Clin Oncol 24:1169-77. 2006To characterize the number and functional status of CD4+CD25+ regulatory T cells (Tregs) in patients with metastatic melanoma (MM) and renal cell carcinoma (RCC) treated with high-dose bolus interleukin-2 (IL-2).
- Hsa-miR-9 methylation status is associated with cancer development and metastatic recurrence in patients with clear cell renal cell carcinomaM A T Hildebrandt
Department of Epidemiology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Oncogene 29:5724-8. 2010The long-term prognosis for clear cell renal cell carcinoma (ccRCC) is dramatically altered by the development of metastatic recurrence. However, there are very few indicators that can predict which patient will develop a recurrence...
- Efficacy of sunitinib and sorafenib in metastatic papillary and chromophobe renal cell carcinomaToni K Choueiri
Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Clin Oncol 26:127-31. 2008..are novel tyrosine kinase inhibitors (TKIs) that have shown significant clinical activity in metastatic clear cell renal cell carcinoma (RCC). The activity of sunitinib and sorafenib in non-clear cell histologies has not been evaluated.
- Immunotherapy for human renal cell carcinoma by adoptive transfer of autologous transforming growth factor beta-insensitive CD8+ T cellsLongxin Wang
Department of Urology, Xijing Hospital, State Key Laboratory of Cancer Biology, Fourth Military Medical University, Xi an, Shaanxi Province, China
Clin Cancer Res 16:164-73. 2010....
- Analysis of RNA-binding protein IMP3 to predict metastasis and prognosis of renal-cell carcinoma: a retrospective studyZhong Jiang
University of Massachusetts Medical Center, Department of Pathology, Worcester, MA, USA
Lancet Oncol 7:556-64. 2006..We aimed to investigate whether IMP3, an oncofetal RNA-binding protein, can be used as a biomarker to predict metastasis and prognosis of renal-cell carcinoma...
- Preoperative characterisation of clear-cell renal carcinoma using iodine-124-labelled antibody chimeric G250 (124I-cG250) and PET in patients with renal masses: a phase I trialChaitanya R Divgi
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY, USA
Lancet Oncol 8:304-10. 2007..We aimed to assess whether iodine-124-labelled antibody chimeric G250 ((124)I-cG250) PET predicts clear-cell renal carcinoma, the most common and aggressive renal tumour...
- Sunitinib reverses type-1 immune suppression and decreases T-regulatory cells in renal cell carcinoma patientsJames H Finke
Department of Immunology, Lerner Research Institute, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
Clin Cancer Res 14:6674-82. 2008Immune dysfunction is well documented in renal cell carcinoma (RCC) patients and likely contributes to tumor evasion...
- Clinical significance of Galectin-3 in clear cell renal cell carcinomaManabu Sakaki
Department of Urology, Institute of Health Biosciences, University of Tokushima Graduated School, Tokushima, Japan
J Med Invest 57:152-7. 2010..In this study, we investigated the expression of galectin-3 in clear cell renal cell carcinoma (CC-RCC) and evaluated the relationship between galectin-3 expression levels and the clinicopathological ..
- Sutureless Laparoscopic Partial Nephrectomy Using Laser Tissue Welding: PreclinicYasmin Wadia; Fiscal Year: 2013..and nephron-sparing surgery substitutes for radical nephrectomy in appropriately selected patients with renal cell carcinoma. Laparoscopic partial nephrectomy (LPN) has demonstrated excellent outcomes in terms of oncologic control, ..
- Genistein, microRNAs and kidney cancerRajvir Dahiya; Fiscal Year: 2013DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Background: Renal cell carcinoma (RCC) is one of the most common malignancies among our Veterans...
- Role of Diabetes in Development of Renal Cell CarcinomaSAMY LEWIZ HABIB; Fiscal Year: 2013..Our preliminary studies show that incubation of rat renal proximal tubular cells (the cell origin of renal cell carcinoma) in high glucose results in increased reactive oxygen species (ROS) enhanced tuberin phosphorylation and ..
- Systemic AA Amyloidosis InhibitorsALAN D SNOW; Fiscal Year: 2010..ankylosing spondylitis, inflammatory bowl disease, tuberculosis, leprosy, Hodgkin's disease, renal cell carcinoma, and Familial Mediterranean Fever...
- Identification of Biomarkers for Early Detection of Renal Cell CarcinomaOthon Iliopoulos; Fiscal Year: 2012The incidence of renal cell carcinoma (RCC) in United States has been projected to reach 56,000 cases/year in 2007 and has been rising since 1970 for both men and women and for whites as well as blacks...
- PAX2 gene targets, binding sites and functionPatrick D Brophy; Fiscal Year: 2010..of Pax2 is found in human and mouse PKD, dysplastic and cystic disease and also is associated with renal cell carcinoma and the Wilms Tumor...
- HIF-2alpha mediated mitophagy and lipogenesis in clear cell renal cell carcinomaBo Qiu; Fiscal Year: 2013DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Clear cell renal cell carcinoma (ccRCC) is the most common renal malignancy worldwide...
- Effect of MIP-1 delta on Osteoclast Development and Pathological Bone ResorptionScott L Kominsky; Fiscal Year: 2010..Interestingly, we recently found levels of the MIP family member MIP-1d to be significantly elevated in renal cell carcinoma bone metastasis (RBM), which frequently causes excessive bone destruction...
- KIDNEY INJURY MOLECULE-1 IN EPITHELIAL REPAIRJOSEPH VINCENT BONVENTRE; Fiscal Year: 2013..in various states characterized by epithelial cell dedifferentiation: ischemia, toxic renal injury, and renal cell carcinoma. We have cloned, and generated monoclonal and polyclonal antibodies to, the human, mouse, pig, dog, ..
- Mechanism of Gene Repression in the KidneySanjeevkumar R Patel; Fiscal Year: 2013..Furthermore, the Pax2 protein is overexpresed in a variety of disease states, including renal cell carcinoma, polycystic kidney disease, Wilms'tumor, and prostate carcinoma...
- Nanoscale proteomic profiles of hypoxia pathways to develop biomarkers of renal cJOHN THOMAS LEPPERT; Fiscal Year: 2013DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Renal cell carcinoma (RCC, kidney cancer) is one of the most commonly diagnosed cancers and is associated with significant mortality...
- Novel multivalent/multifunctional agents derived from a humanized anti-insulin-liThomas M Cardillo; Fiscal Year: 2010..One of the most challenging forms of this type of cancer is metastatic renal cell carcinoma (RCC). It has resisted attempts of curative radiotherapy and chemotherapy...
- Wnt antagonist genes in kidney tumor progression and metastasisRajvir Dahiya; Fiscal Year: 2012..whether inactivation of Wnt antagonist genes is involved in the progression and metastasis of human renal cell carcinoma. Based on the preliminary data, we have screened several Wnt antagonist genes and have identified six genes ..
- Regultion of p53 DeubiquitinationZhenkun Lou; Fiscal Year: 2013..Finally, we found loss of USP10 expression in high percentage of renal cell carcinoma cases...
- Sphingolipid Signaling in Endothelial Responses to InjuryTERESA SANCHEZ GARCIA-VAO; Fiscal Year: 2013..in the Matrigel model and in a model of tumor angiogenesis, involving subcutaneous injection of the murine renal cell carcinoma line, RENCA, into syngeneic wild type, S1p2r , S1p2r-/- and Pten mice...
- Predictive Markers in Metastatic Renal CancerPhillip G Febbo; Fiscal Year: 2012DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Metastatic renal cell carcinoma (RCC) is a dismal disease, with nearly uniform resistance to radiotherapy, chemotherapy and immunotherapy...
- Pathway Specific Imaging in VHL Deficient Renal CancerPANKAJ K SETH; Fiscal Year: 2013..is that administration of DCA will result in decreased lactate formation in an orthotopic mouse model of renal cell carcinoma, and that this "pharmacodynamic" measurement will correlate with decreased tumor burden in this model...
- Germline KLLN Alterations in PTEN Mutation Negative Cowden SyndromeEMILY ALISON NIZIALEK; Fiscal Year: 2013..KLLN hypermethylation had an increased risk, compared to PTEN mutation positive patients, for developing renal cell carcinoma and breast cancer...
- Technology and Endothelial Biology of Kidney Injury Molecule-1Vishal S Vaidya; Fiscal Year: 2010..and can be quantitated, by an ELISA assay, in the urine of rodents and patients with kidney injury or renal cell carcinoma. An important feature common to repair of the tissue after injury (e.g...
- TRAIL-expressing Recombinant Adenovirus Based Immunotherapy for RCCThomas S Griffith; Fiscal Year: 2013DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): This year in the U.S. ~40,000 new cases of renal cell carcinoma (RCC) will be diagnosed and >13,000 deaths are expected from RCC...
- REGULATORY PATHWAYS AND ROLE OF VPF/VEGF IN RENAL CANCERDebabrata Mukhopadhyay; Fiscal Year: 2013DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Most of the cases, the clear-cell renal cell carcinoma (RCC) express strikingly elevated baseline levels of vascular permeability factor also known as vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) ..
- Investigation of the Role of BAP1 in Normal and Malignant HematopoiesisLINDSAY MARIE LAFAVE; Fiscal Year: 2013..other cancer contexts where BAP1 mutations are quite prevalent, such as uveal melanoma, mesothelioma, and renal cell carcinoma. Further, we will establish novel MDS models for future testing of novel therapeutic agents in subsequent ..
- 124I-cG250 ImmunoPET Imaging of Sunitinib Treatment Response in Renal Cell CancerSTEVEN MARK LARSON; Fiscal Year: 2012DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Renal cell carcinoma (RCC) is the most common malignancy of the kidney, accounting for more than 58,000 new diagnoses of cancer and 13,000 cancer deaths in the United States during 2010...
- The Role of KIR and FcR Genotype in the Efficacy of mAb and IL2 ImmunotherapyPaul M Sondel; Fiscal Year: 2013..genotype data, can identify patients more likely to respond to: a) single agent mAb therapy for lymphoma, b) single agent IL2 treatment for renal cell carcinoma (RCC), and c) mAb + cytokine (IL2 + GM-CSF) therapy for neuroblastoma (NBL).
- Expression profiling of renal cell carcinoma utilizing tissue from CALGB 90206Hyung L Kim; Fiscal Year: 2013DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): One third of patients newly diagnosed with renal cell carcinoma (RCC) have metastatic disease...
- Bifunctional T cell receptor based immunotherapeuticsHing C Wong; Fiscal Year: 2011..trial to evaluate the efficacy and safety of ALT-801 in subjects with refractory metastatic melanoma, renal cell carcinoma, head and neck cancer and prostate cancer at the MTD dose level...
- Models to predict prognosis and benefit from adjuvant therapy in renal cell carciHarriet M Kluger; Fiscal Year: 2013..endothelial cells, and develop models to predict clinical benefit from adjuvant sorafenib and sunitinib for renal cell carcinoma (RCC), as well as models to predict prognosis in untreated patients...
- The Role of Planar Cell Polarity Signals in Shaping Kidney TubulesRACHEL KATHERINE MILLER; Fiscal Year: 2013..has been linked to developmental pathologies such as Wilms tumor and cystic diseases, as well as with renal cell carcinoma. Recent studies from our group and others indicate that canonical (?-catenin- mediated) Wnt signaling is ..
- Targeting Novel T Cell Antigens on Renal Cell CarcinomaScott S Tykodi; Fiscal Year: 2010Metastatic renal cell carcinoma (RCC) is poorly responsive to most conventional cancer therapy, but regression of metastatic RCC is seen in 10-20% of patients treated with non-specific immunotherapies such as interleukin-2 or interferon-(..
- High-throughput screen for specific small-molecule inhibitors of HIF-2A activityMei Yee Koh; Fiscal Year: 2013..HIF-2[unreadable] is an important driver of tumor morbidity in renal cell carcinoma (RCC), neuroblastoma, glioblastoma (GBM) and non small cell lung cancer (NSCLC)...
- Defining the effects of bortezomib on NK cell activation in cancerAnil Shanker; Fiscal Year: 2013..A similar role of combined CD8+ T cells and NK cells was also observed by us in the rejection of mouse renal cell carcinoma Renca and by others in the control of mammary, bladder and intraperitoneal mesenchymal tumors...
- Free-Breathing Perfusion MRI of the Abdomen with Predictive Motion CorrectionH Michael Gach; Fiscal Year: 2013..Diagnostic imaging serves a key role in detecting and monitoring renal diseases including renal cell carcinoma (RCC)...
- Image-guided combination therapy: noninvasive assessment of delivery and responseSusanta K Sarkar; Fiscal Year: 2013..inhibitor, pazopanib, is one of the promising AAT drugs and has been recently approved for advanced renal cell carcinoma and is currently in clinical trials for combination therapy of multiple tumor types...
- Promoting Tumor Immunity by Cross-Linking B7-DCLarry R Pease; Fiscal Year: 2013..Treatment of animals with the immune modulator prevented the outgrowth of melanoma, renal cell carcinoma, lymphoma, leukemia, and breast cancer, demonstrating the potential application of this reagent to the ..
- Enhancing renal cell carcinoma response to IL-2 with the HDAC inhibitor SNDX-275Roberto Pili; Fiscal Year: 2010DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): High dose interleukin 2 (IL-2) is an approved regimen for metastatic renal cell carcinoma (RCC). Unfortunately, the response rate is modest and only few patients achieve durable remission...
- Role of fumarate hydratase in renal hypoxia and tumorigenesisSunil Sudarshan; Fiscal Year: 2013..enable the candidate to become an independent physician-scientist whose goal is to further understanding of renal cell carcinoma through the study of inherited forms of kidney cancer...
- VHL tumor suppressor gene and the initiation of renal cell carcinomaTien Hsu; Fiscal Year: 2013..Up to 70% of the carriers of germ line VHL mutations develop renal cell carcinoma of the clear-cell type (ccRCC)...
- Cadherin-regulated apoptosis and survival signaling in epithelial cellsSTEEN HENNING HANSEN; Fiscal Year: 2013..Loss of E-cadherin expression occurs in familial cancer syndromes and sporadic cancer, with renal cell carcinoma serving a prominent example of both...
- Elimination of Immature Myeloid CellsJohannes Vieweg; Fiscal Year: 2009..and promising strategy to eliminate immunosuppressive immature myeloid suppressor cells (ImC) in metastatic renal cell carcinoma patients (RCC)...
- Pooled genome-wide analysis of kidney cancer riskGhislaine Scelo; Fiscal Year: 2013DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Renal cell carcinoma (RCC) is the 8th most common cancer in the US and the 10th most common form of cancer death, with over 34,000 cases and 12,000 deaths each year...
- Metabolomic discovery and validation of urinary biomarkers for kidney cancerRobert H Weiss; Fiscal Year: 2013DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Kidney cancer (also known as renal cell carcinoma [RCC]) is diagnosed in 36,000 patients and is the cause of death of 11-13,000 individuals yearly in the US;unfortunately (and for unknown reasons), ..
- Targeting the PI3-Kinase/Akt Pathway for the Therapy of Renal Cell CarcinomaDANIEL CHANG CHO; Fiscal Year: 2013..Cho has chosen to focus his research career on developing novel therapies for the treatment of renal cell carcinoma (RCC)...
- Interferon-induced SLFNs and tumorigenesisLeonidas C Platanias; Fiscal Year: 2013..For that purpose malignant melanoma or renal cell carcinoma (RCC) mouse models will be established using mice with the elektra phenotype (Slfn2eka/eka) or Slfn1 or ..
- Characterization and therapeutic targeting of HIF in LKB1 - deficient lung cancerWilliam Y Kim; Fiscal Year: 2013..HIF2 has been shown to be a bona fide oncogene in renal cell carcinoma (RCC) and downstream mediators of HIF2 signaling are the relevant therapeutic targets that have resulted in ..
- Identifying a Hypoxia Inducible Factor target profile in Renal Cell Carcinoma tumAlexandra Arreola; Fiscal Year: 2013DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Renal cell carcinoma (RCC) is a highly prevalent malignancy with a high mortality rate...
- Enhancing Translational Science via Prospective InvestigationWENDY K RATHMELL; Fiscal Year: 2013DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Renal cell carcinoma is a cancer with major unmet clinical needs for which the incidence is steadily rising, and which is increasingly becoming a multidisciplinary disease...
- Inhibiting VHL-positive kidney cancerGEORGE VICTOR THOMAS; Fiscal Year: 2013DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Patients with VHL-positive renal cell carcinoma (RCC) have very few treatment options...
- A research and training program for junior clinicians in treating metastatic melaHarriet M Kluger; Fiscal Year: 2013..I am an associate professor, seeing patients with melanoma and renal cell carcinoma. I mentor junior faculty and clinical fellows and run an R-01 funded research laboratory, conducting ..
- Mechanism of Acquired Resistance to VEGF-R Antagonists in RCCRupal S Bhatt; Fiscal Year: 2013..PUBLIC HEALTH RELEVANCE: Renal cell carcinoma (RCC) exhibits a period of disease stabilization in response to inhibitors of vascular endothelial growth ..
- Clinical Impact of B7-H Immune Cell Coregulators in Renal Cell CarcinomaEugene D Kwon; Fiscal Year: 2013DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Renal cell carcinoma (RCC) encompasses 90% of kidney cancers and 3% of adult cancers. In the U.S. alone, more than 30,000 new cases of RCC are diagnosed and nearly 13,000 patients die from RCC annually...
- Novel treatment strategies for enhancing sunitinib response in renal cell cancerTowia A Libermann; Fiscal Year: 2013..by applicant): While there has been significant progress in management of early stages of clear cell renal cell carcinoma (RCC), metastatic RCC has few effective therapeutic strategies available and a death rate close to the ..
- Visual Programming Tool for Integrated Gene/Protein Networks in Cancer ResearchMaciek Sasinowski; Fiscal Year: 2011..development will be performed in parallel with a multidisciplinary, integrative biological study of renal cell carcinoma (RCC, or kidney cancer)...
- Molecular pathways linking obesity and RCC tumorigenesis (PQ1)Xifeng Wu; Fiscal Year: 2013..tissues, and comprehensive epidemiology data including diet, obesity, and physical activity of an ongoing renal cell carcinoma (RCC) case control study from Texas...
- B7-H3 in prognosis and immunotherapy of pancreatic cancerXinhui Wang; Fiscal Year: 2010..our own results: i) the level of B7-H3 expression in hypopharyngeal carcinoma, non-small-lung carcinoma, renal cell carcinoma and prostate carcinoma is associated with the clinical course of the disease, ii) the B7-H3-specific mAb ..
- Role of NFxB/HIF2a axis in renal cell carcinoma progressionE Jason Abel; Fiscal Year: 2013..His past record of achievement is exceptional, including 11 manuscripts on renal cell carcinoma (RCC)...
- Immunotherapy for Renal Cell CarcinomaMarc S Ernstoff; Fiscal Year: 2010Biological therapies, such as aldesleukin (IL-2), for metastatic renal cell carcinoma (mRCC) are designed to mobilize immune effector cells that recognize and destroy cancer...
- Chromatin organization and transcription factor targeting in cancerIan J Davis; Fiscal Year: 2013..between hypoxia pathway signaling and the development of cancer are nowhere more relevant than in renal cell carcinoma. Hypoxia, the reduction in oxygen content in tissues, leads to the stabilization of the transcription ..
- Role of Notch and Kidney DevelopmentRaphael Kopan; Fiscal Year: 2012..cells that continue to divide and develop papillary adenomas, thought to be the precursor for papillary renal cell carcinoma (PRCC). Injury increases the frequency of cyst and papillary adenoma formation...
- TGF Beta receptor biology in human renal cell carcinomaJOHN COPLAND; Fiscal Year: 2009b>Renal cell carcinoma (RCC) is a major health issue. While localized disease can be cured surgically, there is no effective treatment for metastatic disease...
- Regulation of MDSC function and traffickingJames H Finke; Fiscal Year: 2013..immunosuppressive- and angiogenic G-MDSCs that infiltrate inflammatory murine tumors is paralleled in human renal cell carcinoma (RCC) tumors, which also accumulate mostly G-MDSCs...
- TAS::75 0849::TAS TOPIC 255 SELECTIVE AND POTENT INHIBITORS OF TUMOR SPECIFIC GLPaul Pearson; Fiscal Year: 2011Previously, we employed a novel, chemical synthetiC lethal screening approach in VHL-deficient renal cell carcinoma (RCC VHL-) to identify inhibitors of GLUT1, a glucose transporter critical for RCC energy metabolism and survival...
- Prostaglandin Receptor Regulation of Kidney CancerYehia Daaka; Fiscal Year: 2013ABSTRACT PROSTAGLANDIN RECEPTOR REGULATION OF KIDNEY CANCER Renal cell carcinoma is a leading cause of cancer death, and its incidence is steadily increasing at an annual rate of 2.5% across population groups...
- RENAL CELL CARCINOMA--ADOPTIVE IMMUNOTHERAPYKURT STENZEL; Fiscal Year: 1990The long term goal of this study is to develop successful immunotherapy for human renal cell carcinoma based on the adoptive transfer of autologous, mononuclear leukocytes (PBM) activated in a novel way (combined treatment with sodium ..
- RENAL CYST PATHOGENESIS IN TSC, VHL, AND ADPKDELIZABETH HENSKE; Fiscal Year: 1999..It is of particular interest because the cysts in VHL can progress to renal cell carcinoma. Renal cell carcinoma causes 10,000 deaths annually in the United States...
- Systemic AA Amyloidosis InhibitorsALAN SNOW; Fiscal Year: 2004..ankylosing spondylitis, inflammatory bowel diseases, tuberculosis, leprosy, Hodgkin's disease, renal cell carcinoma, and Familial Mediterranean Fever...
- Analysis of the Novel Kinase ROR2: A New Molecular Target in Renal Cell CarcinomaTricia M Wright; Fiscal Year: 2010b>Renal cell carcinoma (RCC), a notoriously hard to treat solid tumor and the most common form of kidney cancer, has minimal sensitivity to traditional chemotherapy...
- Genetic Susceptibility Modifiers in Renal Cell CarcinomaXifeng Wu; Fiscal Year: 2007..Tobacco exposure is an established risk factor for renal cell carcinoma (RCC)...
- A Schizosaccharomyces pombe Model of Birt-Hogg-Dube SyndromeELIZABETH HENSKE; Fiscal Year: 2007..an autosomal dominant disorder characterized by skin hamartomas, lung cysts, spontaneous pneumothorax, and renal cell carcinoma. A germline mutation in the BHD gene was also recently found in a large kindred with dominantly inherited ..
- MOLECULAR-GENETIC ANALYSIS OF 3P14 GENOMIC STABILITYHarry Drabkin; Fiscal Year: 2006..rearrangement of any protein that interacts with VHL and its function may be germane to the development of renal cell carcinoma (RCC)...
- Analysis of Somatic Mutations in Cancer of the KidneyWAYNE VEDECKIS; Fiscal Year: 2005..in p53 result from tobacco smoke carcinogens), and because we have access to DNA from 1,141 newly diagnosed renal cell carcinoma cases in the INCO Central Europe Health Study (CEHS), this NCI R03 project will evaluate whether there is a ..
- Genetic Retargeted Human T-cells for RCC ImmunotherapyWayne Marasco; Fiscal Year: 2006unreadable] DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Renal cell carcinoma (RCC) is the most prevalent malignancy within the kidney and the incidence is rising...
- CANCER SUPPRESSION AND DEVELOPMENTAL FUNCTIONS OF THE RBEva Lee; Fiscal Year: 1993..g. retinoblastoma, breast cancer, colon cancer, renal cell carcinoma, etc...
- MDA-7/IL-24 and free radicals in renal cancer therapyPaul Dent; Fiscal Year: 2009DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Renal Cell Carcinoma (RCC) is among the most lethal and difficult tumors to treat, particularly when disease has spread beyond the kidney and into the surrounding fascia;even intensive combinations of ..
- BIOLOGY OF BLADDER CANCER METASTASESColin Dinney; Fiscal Year: 2000..Elevated levels of bFGF have been associated with a number of malignancies, including renal cell carcinoma, breast carcinoma, and lung carcinoma...