Summary: Pathological processes involving any part of the UROGENITAL SYSTEM in either the male or the female.
- Molecular imaging of urogenital diseasesSteve Y Cho
Russell H Morgan Department of Radiology and Radiological Science, Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD
Semin Nucl Med 44:93-109. 2014There is an expanding and exciting repertoire of PET imaging radiotracers for urogenital diseases, particularly in prostate cancer, renal cell cancer, and renal function. Prostate cancer is the most commonly diagnosed cancer in men...
- The genotyping of infectious bronchitis virus in Taiwan by a multiplex amplification refractory mutation system reverse transcription polymerase chain reactionShr Wei Huang
Department of Veterinary Medicine, College of Veterinary Medicine Huang, Ho, Shien, Wang, National Chung Hsing University, Taichung, TaiwanGraduate Institute of Life Sciences Liu, National Chung Hsing University, Taichung, TaiwanDepartment of Veterinary Medicine, College of Agriculture, National Chiayi University, Chiayi, Taiwan Chan Animal Health Research Institute, Council of Agriculture, Executive Yuan, Taiwan Cheng
J Vet Diagn Invest 26:721-33. 2014Infectious bronchitis virus (IBV; Avian coronavirus) causes acute respiratory and reproductive and urogenital diseases in chickens...
- HIV-associated renal and genitourinary comorbidities in AfricaRobert Kalyesubula
Department of Medicine, School of Medicine, Makerere University College of Health Sciences, Kampala, Uganda Department of Physiology, School of Biomedical Sciences, Makerere University College of Health Sciences, Kampala, Uganda Mulago National Referral and Teaching Hospital, Kampala, Uganda Groote Schuur Hospital and University of Cape Town, Cape Town, South Africa Makerere University Joint AIDS Program, Uganda and School of Medicine, Copperbelt University, Ndola, Zambia
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 67:S68-78. 2014..We review the epidemiology of HIV-associated renal and urogenital diseases, including interactions with kidney-related NCDs such as hypertension, diabetes mellitus, and ..
- Abdominal and urogenital diseases can often be the cause of lower back pain and sciatic-like symptomsJohn D Paulson
Departments of Obstetrics Gynecology, Virginia Commonwealth University and Eastern Virginia Medical School, 19109 Annapolis Way, Gaithersburg, MD 20886, USA
Pain Manag 2:279-94. 2012..There are many causes of chronic lower back pain and sciatica-type symptoms and if the problems and symptoms persist, they should be investigated. ..
- Comparison of ultrasound and magnetic resonance imaging in the prenatal diagnosis of Apert syndrome: report of a caseA Giancotti
Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Urologic Sciences, Umberto I Hospital, Sapienza University, Viale del Policlinico 155, 00161, Rome, Italy
Childs Nerv Syst 30:1445-8. 2014..Other abnormalities includes central nervous system anomalies, congenital heart diseases, cleft palate, and urogenital diseases.
- IMAC fractionation in combination with LC-MS reveals H2B and NIF-1 peptides as potential bladder cancer biomarkersMaria Frantzi
Biomedical Research Foundation Academy of Athens, Athens, Greece
J Proteome Res 12:3969-79. 2013..This approach was employed toward urine samples from patients with invasive BC, noninvasive BC, and benign urogenital diseases. A total of 1845 peptides were identified, corresponding to a total of 638 precursor proteins...
- Urogenital diseases and their effect on reproductive performance in high-parity sowsL M Sanders
Tijdschr Diergeneeskd 129:108-12. 2004..001) production levels in parity 7-9. IMPLICATIONS: The present results indicate that parity markedly influences the production level of sows that have a history of periparturient disease and vulval discharge...
- The effect of postparturient urogenital diseases on the lifetime reproductive performance of sowsXaver T P Glock
Bilkei Consulting, Bahnhofstrasse 42, CH 8600 Dubendorf, Switzerland
Can Vet J 46:1103-7. 2005..The conclusions are that high parity sows have a higher occurrence of postparturient SUGD and that higher parity sows with postparturient SUGD have a lower performance compared with lower parity sows with postparturient SUGD...
- [Useful clinical tests for early diagnosis of kidney and urogenital diseases]Minoru Sakatsume
Nihon Naika Gakkai Zasshi 94:2523-9. 2005
- Effect of urogenital diseases on subsequent reproductive performance of indoor and outdoor sowsM H Thacker
Bilkei Consulting, Bahnhofstrasse 42, CH 8600 Dubendorf, Switzerland
Vet Rec 156:683-4. 2005
- Clinical presentation of primary hyperparathyroidism in Europe--nationwide cohort analysis on mortality from nonmalignant causesInga Lena Nilsson
Department of Surgery, Sundsvall Hospital, Sweden
J Bone Miner Res 17:N68-74. 2002..Principal causes of excess mortality were cardiovascular diseases, diabetes mellitus, and urogenital diseases in all age groups...
- A serine/threonine phosphatase encoded by MG_207 of Mycoplasma genitalium is critical for its virulenceMario A Martinez
Regional Academic Health Center and Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, Edinburg, TX 78541, USA
BMC Microbiol 13:44. 2013..Mycoplasma genitalium, a mollicute that causes the urogenital diseases urethritis and cervicitis in men and women, respectively, is a pathogen which lacks TCS but possesses STK/..
- Ureaplasma urealyticum and Mycoplasma hominis infection in women with urogenital diseasesB Zdrodowska-Stefanow
Department of Dermatology and Venerology, Medical University of Białystok, Poland
Adv Med Sci 51:250-3. 2006The aim of the study was to assess the incidence of Ureaplasma urealyticum (U. urealyticum) and Mycoplasma hominis (M. hominis) infection in women with urogenital diseases.
- Risk of pneumonia recurrence in patients previously hospitalized for pneumonia--a retrospective study (1998-2000)Marina Polić-Vizintin
Zagreb Institute of Public Health, Zagreb, Croatia
Coll Antropol 29:213-9. 2005..hospitalized in 1998 for pneumonia (J12-J18), or for some particular gastrointestinal (K20-K31) and urogenital diseases (N10-N12, N30-N39)...
- Effects of a dietary supplement on chronic pelvic pain syndrome (Category IIIA), leucocytospermia and semen parametersF Lombardo
Department of Experimental Medicine, Policlinico Umberto I, University of Rome La Sapienza, Rome, Italy
Andrologia 44:672-8. 2012Chronic prostatitis (CP) is one of the most common male urogenital diseases and a significant public health problem in industrialised countries. It is associated with a low quality of life and significant expense...
- Effects of oral administration of Phyllanthus amarus leaf extract on the kidneys of adult wistar rats: a histological studyAo Eweka
Department of Anatomy, School of Basic Medical Sciences University of Benin, Edo State, Nigeria
Afr J Tradit Complement Altern Med 8:307-11. 2011..in Africa for the management of various ailments such as kidney stones, dysentery, jaundice, diarrhoea and urogenital diseases on the kidney of adult Wistar rats were carefully studied...
- Commercial Carlinae radix herbal drug: botanical identity, chemical composition and antimicrobial propertiesZorica Stojanović-Radić
Department of Biology and Ecology, Faculty of Science and Mathematics, University of Nis, Nis, Serbia
Pharm Biol 50:933-40. 2012..is an herbal drug, commonly used by the locals in southeastern Serbia for the treatment of respiratory and urogenital diseases and, externally, for various skin conditions...
- Exploring a road map to counter misconceptions about the cervicovaginal microbiome and diseaseJean M Macklaim
Department of Biochemistry, The University of Western Ontario, London, Canada
Reprod Sci 19:1154-62. 2012b>Urogenital diseases, especially infection and cancer, are major causes of death and morbidity in females...
- Histological effects of chronic administration of Phyllanthus amarus on the kidney of adult Wistar ratJosiah Obaghwarhieywo Adjene
Department of Anatomy, School of Basic Medical Sciences, University of Benin Nigeria
N Am J Med Sci 2:193-5. 2010Phyllanthus amarus is commonly used for treatment such as in gastro, urogenital diseases and infection. However, it is speculated to have some toxic effects such as renal tubular damage.
- The OmpA family of proteins: roles in bacterial pathogenesis and immunityAnthony W Confer
Department of Veterinary Pathobiology, Oklahoma State University, McFarland and Farm Road, Stillwater, OK 74078 2007, USA
Vet Microbiol 163:207-22. 2013..These pathogenic roles are most commonly associated with central nervous system, respiratory and urogenital diseases. Alternatively, OmpA family proteins can serve as targets of the immune system with immunogenicity related ..
- [Urogenital diseases in the climacteric: What to do?]Vicenti Renato Bagnoli
Rev Assoc Med Bras 48:101. 2002
- US in pubalgiaGiuseppe Balconi
San Raffaele Turro Hospital, Department of Radiology, Milan, Italy
J Ultrasound 14:157-66. 2011..About 20% of cases of pubalgia are caused by diseases of the neighboring structures or joints such as diseases of the hip, iliopsoas, hamstring, sacred iliac or nerves, or by urogenital diseases.
- Immunoreactivity and differential developmental expression of known and putative Chlamydia trachomatis membrane proteins for biologically variant serovars representing distinct disease groupsJoão P Gomes
Department of Bacteriology, National Institute of Health, Avenue Padre Cruz, 1649 016 Lisbon, Portugal
Microbes Infect 7:410-20. 2005Chlamydia trachomatis is an intracellular bacterium that causes ocular and urogenital diseases worldwide...
- [Mycoplasma genitalium--a new challenge in sexually transmitted diseases]Birger R Møller
Odense Universitetshospital, Gynaekologisk Obstetrisk Afdeling D, ogVejle Sygehus, Øre, naese, halsafdelingen
Ugeskr Laeger 167:3291-4. 2005..especially considering that the pathogen is rather common and has been connected with a number of different urogenital diseases. The PCR technique has made it possible to perform investigations on a large scale, which might elucidate ..
- Vaginal microbiome of reproductive-age womenJacques Ravel
Institute for Genome Sciences, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 108:4680-7. 2011The means by which vaginal microbiomes help prevent urogenital diseases in women and maintain health are poorly understood...
- Proteomic analysis of seminal plasma from normal volunteers and post-vasectomy patients identifies over 2000 proteins and candidate biomarkers of the urogenital systemIhor Batruch
Samuel Lunenfeld Research Institute, Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Mount Sinai Hospital, Toronto, ON, Canada
J Proteome Res 10:941-53. 2011..These proteins may serve as candidate biomarkers for future studies of infertility and urogenital diseases.
- Urinary exosomes and proteomicsPyong Gon Moon
Department of Molecular Medicine, Cell and Matrix Biology Research Institute, School of Medicine, Kyungpook National University, Daegu 700 422, Republic of Korea
Mass Spectrom Rev 30:1185-202. 2011..has proven to be specifically indicative of perturbations of cellular processes in cells associated with urogenital diseases. Exosomes could be released into urine which flows through the kidney, ureter, bladder and urethra, with a ..
- Urine proteomics in kidney and urogenital diseases: Moving towards clinical applicationsPetra Zurbig
Mosaiques diagnostics GmbH, Hannover, Germany
Proteomics Clin Appl 5:256-68. 2011....
- Transcriptional regulation of MG_149, an osmoinducible lipoprotein gene from Mycoplasma genitaliumWenbo Zhang
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, San Antonio, TX 78229 3900, USA
Mol Microbiol 81:327-39. 2011..in Mycoplasma genitalium, the smallest self-replicating cell and the causative agent of a spectrum of urogenital diseases. Previously, we reported that MG_149, a lipoprotein-encoding gene, was highly induced under physiological ..
- Ethanolic Hwaeumjeon induces mitochondrial dependent apoptosis partly via PI3K/AKT/HSP27/ERK pathways and inhibits PSA and AR in LNCaP cellsJung Hoon Lee
College of Oriental Medicine, The Catholic University of Korea, 505 Banpo Dong, Seocho Gu, Seoul, Republic of Korea
Environ Toxicol Pharmacol 28:78-85. 2009Hwaeumjeon is a classical prescription that has been traditionally used for treatment of urogenital diseases with no scientific evidences until now...
- Inhibition of Staphylococcus aureus by lysostaphin-expressing Lactobacillus plantarum WCFS1 in a modified genital tract secretion mediumHuanli Liu
Division of Microbiology, National Center for Toxicological Research, U S Food and Drug Administration, Jefferson, Arkansas 72079 9502, USA
Appl Environ Microbiol 77:8500-8. 2011..in maintaining an acidic vaginal environment thought to contribute to the prevention of a number of urogenital diseases. However, during menstruation the pH of the vaginal environment increases to neutrality, a pH conducive for ..
- [Interdisciplinary problems of male health: point of view of a cardiologist]M N Mamedov
Research Center for Preventive Medicine, Petroverigsky per 10, 101990 Moscow, Russia
Kardiologiia 51:91-6. 2011..The role of diseases of cardiovascular system and urogenital diseases including sexual disorders and androgen deficiency state in lowering of quality and duration of life of ..
- [Detection using molecular biology techniques of Mycoplasma hominis and Ureaplasma urealyticum in urogenital samples]C Fernandez
Instituto de Medicina Tropical Pedro Kouri, La Habana, Cuba
Rev Argent Microbiol 30:53-8. 1998Mycoplasma hominis and Ureaplasma urealyticum are species closely related to urogenital diseases such as pyelonephritis, nongonococcal urethritis, urinary calculi, epididymitis, pelvic inflammation, infertility, abortions and post-..
- Risk factors in burning mouth syndrome: a case-control study based on patient recordsFrederico Omar Gleber Netto
Department of Oral Pathology and Maxillofacial Surgery, School of Dentistry, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais UFMG, Av Antonio Carlos, 6627 Pampulha, CEP 31270901 Belo Horizonte, MG, Brazil
Clin Oral Investig 15:571-5. 2011..003) and urogenital diseases (p = 0.012). The intake of H-2 receptor antagonist and proton pump inhibitor drugs (p = 0...
- Enterococcal urinary tract infections in a university hospital: clinical studiesMilton Barros
Urology Service, School of Medicine, Federal University of Bahia, Salvador, BA, Brazil
Braz J Infect Dis 13:294-6. 2009..In 36 patients (29%), the primary diagnosis was related to urogenital diseases, consisting of obstructive uropathy in 23 of these cases, while in 32 patients (25...
- Management of Fournier's gangrene: review of 45 casesMahmut Basoglu
Department of General Surgery, School of Medicine, Ataturk University, 25070, Erzurum, Turkey
Surg Today 37:558-63. 2007..Fournier's gangrene is a fatal synergistic infectious disease with necrotizing fasciitis of the perineum and abdominal wall along with the scrotum and penis in men and the vulva in women...
- Increased long-term mortality in patients less than 55 years old who have undergone knee replacement for osteoarthritis: results from the Swedish Knee Arthroplasty RegisterO Robertsson
Swedish National Competence Centre for Musculoskeletal Disorders, Lund University Hospital, Lund, Sweden
J Bone Joint Surg Br 89:599-603. 2007..Analysis of specific causes of death showed a higher mortality for cardiovascular, gastrointestinal and urogenital diseases. The observation that early onset of osteoarthritis of the knee which has been treated by total knee ..
- Mortality after spinal cord injury in NorwayIngeborg Beate Lidal
Sunnaas Rehabilitation Hospital, Faculty Division Ullevaal University Hospital, University of Oslo, PB 1130 Blindern, Oslo, Norway
J Rehabil Med 39:145-51. 2007..To study mortality, cause of death and risk indicators for death in Norwegian patients with spinal cord injury...
- [Sexually transmitted infections in the XXI century]Viktória Várkonyi
Általános Orvostudományi Kar, Bor Nemikórtani és Boronkológiai Klinika, Budapest
Orv Hetil 147:2353-8. 2006..Differential diagnostic issues of male and female urogenital diseases with discharge are reviewed, and problems of STDs of viral origin (genital herpes, genital warts, HIV ..
- Xanthogranulomatous pyelonephritis with a renocolic fistula caused by a parapelvic cystYoh Matsuoka
Department of Urology, Tokyo Metropolitan Tama Geriatric Hospital, Tokyo, Japan
Int J Urol 13:433-5. 2006Fistula formation between the upper urinary tract and bowel is an uncommon complication in urogenital diseases. We present a rare case of focal xanthogranulomatous pyelonephritis with a renocolic fistula...
- Diacetylated derivatives of spermine and spermidine as novel promising tumor markersMasao Kawakita
Department of Applied Chemistry, Kogakuin University, 1 24 2 Nishi shinjuku, Shinjuku ku, Tokyo 163 8677
J Biochem 139:315-22. 2006..for malignant conditions in that the excretion of the latter was scarcely elevated in cases of benign urogenital diseases. An ELISA procedure for rapid determination of DiAcSpm was developed to promote the clinical application of ..
- Mycoplasma genitalium attaches to human spermatozoaHelle Friis Svenstrup
Department of Medical Microbiology and Immunology, The Bartholin Building, Braedstrup Hospital, DK 8740 Braedstrup, Denmark
Hum Reprod 18:2103-9. 2003Mycoplasma genitalium causes urogenital diseases in men and women and is presumed to be sexually transmitted. We wanted to investigate whether spermatozoa could serve as vectors for M...
- Ferret urogenital diseasesConnie J Orcutt
Avian and Exotic Pet Medicine, Angell Memorial Animal Hospital, 350 S Huntington Avenue, Boston, MA 02130, USA
Vet Clin North Am Exot Anim Pract 6:113-38. 2003..It is imperative that the veterinarian working with pet ferrets be aware of the clinical presentation and clinicopathologic abnormalities associated with these syndromes...
- [Acute urogenital status]M Sinzig
Röntgendiagnostisches Zentralinstitut, Kinderradiologie, Landeskrankenhaus, St Veiter Str 47, 9020 Klagenfurt Osterreich
Radiologe 42:171-8. 2002..Congenital urogenital diseases should be diagnosed or assumed by means of routine sonography during pregnancy in order to avoid typical ..
- Sexual dysfunction in epileptic menMohammadreza Nikoobakht
Department of Urology, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Sina Hospital, Hassanabad Square, Tehran 1995345432, Iran
Urol J 4:111-7. 2007..The aim of this study was to evaluate the frequency of sexual dysfunction among epileptic patients...
- [Tree analysis pattern of mass spectral urine profiles in differential diagnosis of bladder transitional cell carcinoma]Deng Long Wu
Department of Urology, Shanghai 6th People s Hospital, Shanghai Jiatong University, Shanghai 200233, China
Zhonghua Zhong Liu Za Zhi 29:274-7. 2007....
- Comparative expression profiling of the Chlamydia trachomatis pmp gene family for clinical and reference strainsAlexandra Nunes
Center for Immunobiology and Vaccine Development, Children s Hospital Oakland Research Institute, Oakland, California, United States of America
PLoS ONE 2:e878. 2007Chlamydia trachomatis, an obligate intracellular pathogen, is a leading worldwide cause of ocular and urogenital diseases. Advances have been made in our understanding of the nine-member polymorphic membrane protein (Pmp) gene (pmp) ..
- Vaginal microbiocoenosis and cytology of prepubertal and adolescent girls: their role in health and diseaseLyubov A Matytsina
Obstetrics, Gynecology, Perinatology and Pediatric and Adolescent Gynecology, Donetsk Medical University, Donetsk, Ukraine
World J Pediatr 6:32-7. 2010..Clinicians and investigators often do not appreciate the importance of vaginal microbiocoenosis and vaginal cytology in the health of prepubertal and adolescent girls...
- CT043, a protective antigen that induces a CD4+ Th1 response during Chlamydia trachomatis infection in mice and humansEva Meoni
Novartis Vaccines and Diagnostics, 53100 Siena, Italy
Infect Immun 77:4168-76. 2009..studies, no vaccines against Chlamydia trachomatis, an intracellular pathogen causing serious ocular and urogenital diseases, are available yet...
- Hypermethylated SFRP1, but none of other nine genes "informative" for western countries, is valuable for bladder cancer detection in Mainland ChinaJinfeng Sun
School of Medicine, Fudan University, 200032 Shanghai, China
J Cancer Res Clin Oncol 135:1717-27. 2009..In this study, we have evaluated 10 DNA methylation biomarkers that have been reported informative in western countries for bladder cancer diagnosis for a better set...
- Possible application of hyperbaric oxygen technology in the management of urogenital and renal diseasesN S Al-Waili
Life Support Technology Groups, Chronic Wound Care and Hyperbaric Center, Mount Vernon Hospital, Sound Shore Health System, Westchester, New York, USA
J Med Eng Technol 33:507-15. 2009..of this report is to explore possible therapeutic use of hyperbaric oxygen (HBO(2)) technology on renal and urogenital diseases. HBO(2) reduces inflammation, immunity and inflammatory cytokines, stimulates wound repair and ..
- Urogenital history in veterans exposed to high-dose sulfur mustard: a preliminary study of self-reported dataMohammad Reza Soroush
Janbazan Medical and Engineering Research Center, Tehran, Iran
Urol J 6:114-9; discussion 119. 2009To date, little information exists regarding urogenital diseases in those who have been exposed to sulfur mustard (SM)...
- Urine in clinical proteomicsStephane Decramer
INSERM, U858 I2MR, Department of Cardiac and Renal Remodeling, Team 5, 1 avenue Jean Poulhes, BP 84225, 31432 Toulouse Cedex 4, France
Mol Cell Proteomics 7:1850-62. 2008..tract, but recent data show that analysis of the urinary proteome can also be highly informative on non-urogenital diseases and used in their classification...
- Comorbidity, limitations in activities and pain in patients with osteoarthritis of the hip or kneeGabriella M van Dijk
NIVEL Netherlands Institute for Health Services Research, Utrecht, The Netherlands
BMC Musculoskelet Disord 9:95. 2008....
- Proteomic evaluation of urine from renal cell carcinoma using SELDI-TOF-MS and tree analysis patternDeng Long Wu
Urology Department, Shanghai Sixth People s Hospital, Shanghai Jiaotong University, Shanghai, China
Technol Cancer Res Treat 7:155-60. 2008..Urine samples from 58 RCC patients, 45 healthy volunteers, and 56 patients with other urogenital diseases were analyzed using IMAC-Cu ProteinChip capable of specifically binding metal interesting proteins...
- [Knowledge of the urogenital diseases in the work of Gaspar Casal, "natural and medical history of the Principality of Asturias" (1762)]Luis Angel Fariña Pérez
Servicio de Urologia, Hospital POVISA, Vigo, Pontevedra, Espana
Arch Esp Urol 60:909-15. 2007....
- Development of a novel proteomic approach for the detection of transitional cell carcinoma of the bladder in urineA Vlahou
Departments of Microbiology and Molecular Cell Biology, Eastern Virginia Medical School, 700 W Olney Rd, Norfolk, VA 23507, USA
Am J Pathol 158:1491-502. 2001..Ninety-four urine samples from patients with TCC, patients with other urogenital diseases, and healthy donors were analyzed...
- Society for Basic Urologic Research (SBUR) 2013 Fall SymposiumNeil A Bhowmick; Fiscal Year: 2013..sessions: I) Host and disease, turning the tables, II) Re-thinking our basic and clinical understanding of urogenital diseases, III) Translating technology, IV) Stem cells are part of the urologic tissue heterogeneity and therapeutic ..
- TELOKIN GENE REGULATION IN SMOOTH MUSCLEBRIAN HERRING; Fiscal Year: 2005..of smooth muscle development and of the pathology of many different vascular, pulmonary, intestinal and urogenital diseases that are associated with altered contractile protein expression and altered contractility...