Genomes and Genes
Summary: Pathological processes of the TESTIS.
Publications189 found, 100 shown here
- Testicular dysgenesis syndrome: an increasingly common developmental disorder with environmental aspectsN E Skakkebaek
Department of Growth and Reproduction, Copenhagen University Hospital, Copenhagen, Denmark
Hum Reprod 16:972-8. 2001..Otherwise, important biological information may be lost...
- Androgen action in the masculinization programming window and development of male reproductive organsD J Macleod
MRC Human Reproductive Sciences Unit, Centre for Reproductive Biology, University of Edinburgh, The Queen s Medical Research Institute, Edinburgh, UK
Int J Androl 33:279-87. 2010..controls. In conclusion, we show that the size of all male reproductive organs is programmed by androgen exposure in the MPW, but that growth towards this size is dependent on androgen action postnatally...
- Testicular microlithiasis: what does it mean clinically?Haitham Dagash
Department of Paediatric Urology, Sheffield Children s Hospital, Sheffield, UK
BJU Int 99:157-60. 2007....
- Testicular microlithiasis: what is its association with testicular cancer?A M Bach
Department of Radiology, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, 1275 York Ave, New York, NY 10021, USA
Radiology 220:70-5. 2001..To determine the prevalence of testicular microlithiasis in patients who were referred for scrotal ultrasonography (US) at a tertiary care cancer center and to evaluate the association between microlithiasis and cancer...
- Human 'testicular dysgenesis syndrome': a possible model using in-utero exposure of the rat to dibutyl phthalateJane S Fisher
MRC Human Reproductive Sciences Unit, Centre for Reproductive Biology, The Chancellor s Building, University of Edinburgh, 49 Little France Crescent, Edinburgh EH16 4SB, UK
Hum Reprod 18:1383-94. 2003..The disorders comprising human 'testicular dysgenesis syndrome' (TDS) may be increasing in incidence. TDS originates in fetal life but the mechanisms are not known, and discerning them requires an animal model...
- Histological evaluation of the human testis--approaches to optimizing the clinical value of the assessment: mini reviewR I McLachlan
Prince Henry s Institute, Monash University, Clayton, Victoria, Australia
Hum Reprod 22:2-16. 2007..We propose a new diagnosis code for testicular biopsies that addresses the needs of ART clinicians and allows data storage and retrieval of value in clinical practice and research...
- Right varicocele and hypoxia, crucial factors in male infertility: fluid mechanics analysis of the impaired testicular drainage systemYigal Gat
Andrology Unit, Maynei HaYeshua Hospital and Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Rabin Medical Center, Beilinson Campus, Petah Tiqva and Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel
Reprod Biomed Online 13:510-5. 2006....
- Upregulated NADPH oxidase contributes to diabetic testicular complication and is relieved by strontium fructose 1,6-diphosphateM Xu
Research Division of Pharmacology, China Pharmaceutical University, Nanjing, China
Exp Clin Endocrinol Diabetes 118:459-65. 2010..It is due to its extra-energy supply and an antioxidant activity of FDP-Sr...
- Isolated testicular vasculitis presenting as a tumor-like lesionFadi N Joudi
Department of Urology, University of Iowa, Iowa City, USA
J Urol 171:799. 2004
- Testicular polyarteritis nodosa mimicking testicular neoplasmGokhan Atis
Goztepe Training and Research Hospital, 2nd Urology Clinic, Istanbul
ScientificWorldJournal 10:1915-8. 2010..We described the case of a 57-year-old patient with isolated testicular PAN who presented with a testicular mass mimicking a primary testicular tumor...
- Prevalence of testicular microlithiasis in an asymptomatic populationSelim Serter
Departments of Radiology, School of Medicine, Celal Bayar University, Manisa, Turkey
Scand J Urol Nephrol 40:212-4. 2006..The aim of this prospective study was to determine the true prevalence of testicular microlithiasis in an asymptomatic population by means of ultrasound screening...
- Testicular vasculitis mimicking a testicular neoplasmB B McGuire
Ir Med J 99:27-8. 2006..We report the general clinical presentation, methods of investigation and subsequent management. This is the first time it has been described in the elderly population...
- Testicular microlithiasis: is it a benign condition with malignant potential?U Otite
Department of Urology, The Barts and Royal London NHS Trust and Queen Mary and Westfield College, University of London, UK
Eur Urol 40:538-42. 2001....
- Does testicular microlithiasis matter? A reviewF N A C Miller
Department of Radiology, King s College Hospital, Denmark Hill, London SE5 9RS, UK
Clin Radiol 57:883-90. 2002..Similarly, there is limited evidence to support the association with infertility. Not surprisingly, algorithms for the follow-up of patients with TM on ultrasound have been difficult to formulate...
- Testicular microlithiasis: histologic and immunohistochemical findings in 11 pediatric casesRicardo Drut
Department of Pathology, Hospital de Ninos, Superiora Sor Maria Ludovica, 1900 La Plata, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Pediatr Dev Pathol 5:544-50. 2002..It is unclear how this may be related to the development of germ cell tumors. However, the presence of calcospherites in gonadoblastoma may indicate a combined Sertoli cell and germ cell derangement in the genesis of TM...
- Repeated testicular infarction in a patient with sickle cell disease: a possible mechanism for testicular failureMaomi Li
Department of Pathology, Montefiore Medical Center Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, New York 10467, USA
Urology 62:551. 2003..We propose repeated testicular infarction as a probable mechanism of testicular failure and impaired fertility in patients with sickle cell disease...
- Testicular microlithiasis: an unreported feature of McCune-Albright syndrome in malesMalgorzata Wasniewska
Department of Pediatrics, Universities of Messina, Pisa, and Milan, Reginal Margherita Hospital of Turin, Italy
J Pediatr 145:670-2. 2004..To ascertain the incidence of testicular microlithiasis (TM) in boys with McCune-Albright syndrome (MAS)...
- Significance of testicular microlithiasisStefan Zastrow
Department of Urology, University Hospital Carl Gustav Carus, Technical University of Dresden, Dresden, Germany
Urol Int 75:3-7. 2005..Testicular microlithiasis is an uncommon condition characterized by calcifications within the seminiferous tubules. The true prevalence in a normal population has not been defined...
- Testicular microlithiasis: a review and its association with testicular cancerHani H Rashid
Department of Urology, Strong Memorial Hospital, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, NY 14652, USA
Urol Oncol 22:285-9. 2004..Therefore, follow-up at this time should be dictated based on risk factors for developing testis cancer more than on the presence of TM...
- Testicular microlithiasis: our experience of 10 yearsDiana L Lam
University of California, Davis Medical Center, Sacramento, CA, USA
J Ultrasound Med 26:867-73. 2007..The correlation between TM and testicular malignancies is variable. The purpose of this study was to review our 10-year experience regarding the prevalence of TM and its association with testicular malignancies...
- Microsurgical denervation of the spermatic cord for chronic orchialgia: long-term results from a single centerKurt H Strom
Department of Urology, Rush University Medical Center, Chicago, Illinois, USA
J Urol 180:949-53. 2008..We assessed the long-term efficacy, complications and patient perceptions of microsurgical denervation of the spermatic cord in the treatment of chronic orchialgia...
- Increased prevalence of testicular microlithiasis in men with familial testicular cancer and their relativesL A Korde
Clinical Genetics Branch, Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, National Cancer Institute, Rockville, MD 20852, USA
Br J Cancer 99:1748-53. 2008..If proven, this could be clinically important to men in FTGCT families, and may be useful in identifying specific genes involved in FTGCT...
- Microsurgical denervation of the spermatic cord as primary surgical treatment of chronic orchialgiaL A Levine
Department of Urology, Rush-Presbyterian-St. Luke's Medical Center, Chicago, Illinois, USA
J Urol 165:1927-9. 2001..CONCLUSIONS: When conservative treatment fails, microsurgical denervation of the spermatic cord should be considered first rate surgical therapy for patients with chronic orchialgia...
- Management of chronic testalgia by microsurgical testicular denervationAxel Heidenreich
Klinik für Urologie and Kinderurologie, Philipps Universitat Marburg, Baldingerstrasse, 35043 Marburg, Germany
Eur Urol 41:392-7. 2002..Success rates of conservative and surgical measures including epididymectomy and orchiectomy rarely exceed 55-73% and 10-40%, respectively. We report our experience on microsurgical testicular denervation as therapeutic option in CTP...
- Amifostine protects against early but not late toxic effects of doxorubicin in infant ratsK Jahnukainen
Pediatric Endocrinology Unit, Karolinska Institute, Karolinska Hospital, 171 76 Stockholm, Sweden
Cancer Res 61:6423-7. 2001....
- The prevalence of testicular microlithiasis in an asymptomatic population of men 18 to 35 years oldA C Peterson
Department of Surgery, Madigan Army Medical Center, Tacoma, Washington 98431, USA
J Urol 166:2061-4. 2001..This study indicates that testicular microlithiasis is a common finding in asymptomatic men that may not be related to testicular cancer...
- Ipsilateral orchialgia after laparoscopic donor nephrectomyFernando J Kim
James Buchanan Brady Urological Institute, The Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
J Endourol 17:405-9. 2003..In an effort to assess the incidence of this problem, determine the etiology, and adapt preventive measures, we reviewed our experience...
- Increased risk of carcinoma in situ in patients with testicular germ cell cancer with ultrasonic microlithiasis in the contralateral testicleMette Holm
University Department of Growth and Reproduction, Copenhagen University Hospital, Denmark
J Urol 170:1163-7. 2003..We compared clinical and histological data regarding the contralateral testicle in a population of men diagnosed with testicular germ cell cancer to find features associated with an increased risk of bilateral neoplasia...
- Management of simple intratesticular cysts: a single-institution 11-year experienceIqbal S Shergill
Princess Alexandra Hospital, Harlow, Essex, United Kingdom
Urology 67:1266-8. 2006..To evaluate the clinicoradiologic findings and outcomes of management of simple intratesticular cysts, by review of an 11-year experience...
- From the archives of the AFIP: tumors and tumorlike lesions of the testis: radiologic-pathologic correlationPaula J Woodward
Department of Radiologic Pathology, Armed Forces Institute of Pathology, 6825 16th St, NW, Bldg 54, Rm M 121, Washington, DC 20306 6000, USA
Radiographics 22:189-216. 2002..Other benign lesions that can be suspected on the basis of imaging findings and history include intratesticular cysts, epidermoid cysts, congenital adrenal hyperplasia, and sarcoidosis...
- Expression of transcription factor GATA-4 during human testicular development and diseaseI Ketola
Children s Hospital, University of Helsinki, Finland
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 85:3925-31. 2000..GATA-4 protein is abundantly present in Sertoli and Leydig cell tumors, suggesting a relationship to tumorigenesis or tumor progression in somatic cell-derived testicular neoplasms...
- The origins and time of appearance of focal testicular dysgenesis in an animal model of testicular dysgenesis syndrome: evidence for delayed testis development?Gary R Hutchison
MRC Human Reproductive Sciences Unit, Centre for Reproductive Biology, Queen s Medical Research Institute, Edinburgh, UK
Int J Androl 31:103-11. 2008..5 after DBP exposure, which may be indicative of a wider delay in testis cell development and organisation, and this might account for some of the unexplained findings...
- Bilateral testicular microlithiasis predicts the presence of the precursor of testicular germ cell tumors in subfertile menC A De Gouveia Brazao
Department of Andrology, and Laboratory for Experimental Pathology, Josephine Nefkens Institute, Erasmus Medical Center University Medical Center Rotterdam, The Netherlands
J Urol 171:158-60. 2004..We determined the predictive value of unilateral and bilateral testicular microlithiasis for CIS in subfertile men, a known risk population for TGCTs (approximately 1%)...
- Complex multilocular cystic lesion of rete testis, accompanied by smooth muscle hyperplasia, mimicking intratesticular Leydig cell neoplasmEduard Fridman
Department of Pathology, Sheba Medical Center, Sackler School of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Tel Hashomer, Israel
Virchows Arch 447:768-71. 2005..To the best of our knowledge, no similar complex lesion of the rete testis has yet been reported...
- Giant cell arteritis mimicking a testicular tumourS Sundaram
Department of Rheumatology, Morriston Hospital, Swansea, UK
Rheumatol Int 20:215-6. 2001..Giant cell arteritis involving the bladder, prostate, uterus, and adnexa have been described before. To our knowledge, this is the first described case of giant cell arteritis affecting the testis...
- Testicular hematocele mimicking a testicular tumor: a case report and review of literatureA Shamsa
Mashhad University of Medical Sciences, Department of Urology, Anesthesiology and Kidney Transplant, MUMS, Mashhad, Iran
Transplant Proc 34:2141-2. 2002
- Relapse of brucellosis simulating testis tumorIzzet Kocak
Department of Urology, Adnan Menderes University Faculty of Medicine, Aydin 09110, Turkey
Int J Urol 11:683-5. 2004..Even in the absence of systemic symptoms, the possible relapse of brucellosis as an abscess formation in the testis should be considered as a rare cause of testicular mass in patients who live in endemic regions...
- Testicular microlithiasis and its relation to testicular cancer on ultrasound findings of symptomatic menErika Ringdahl
Department of Family and Community Medicine, University of Missouri Hospitals and Clinics, Columbia, Missouri, USA
J Urol 172:1904-6. 2004..We reviewed testicular microlithiasis (TM) on scrotal ultrasound in relation to the incidence of testicular neoplasm in males 17 to 45 years old with scrotal symptoms...
- Primary testicular amyloidosis mimicking tumor in a cryptorchid testisRoberto Casella
Scott Department of Urology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas, USA
Urology 59:445. 2002..After radical orchiectomy, the histologic evaluation revealed primary amyloidosis of the testis. The pathogenesis and clinical presentation of testicular amyloidosis are reviewed...
- Testicular epidermoid cyst: a case report and review of the clinicopathologic featuresJoshua D Wiesenthal
Department of Pathology, The University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario, Canada
Can J Urol 11:2133-5. 2004..Radical orchidectomy was performed revealing the pathologic diagnosis. The presentation, evaluation and management of epidermoid cysts are discussed...
- Isolated testicular polyarteritis nodosa mimicking testicular neoplasm-long-term follow-upZohar A Dotan
Department of Urology, Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer, Israel
Urology 62:352. 2003..The postoperative laboratory evaluation was negative. Long-term follow-up, without systemic treatment, showed no evidence of recurrence in the remainder of the testis or development of systemic vasculitis...
- Testicular microlithiasis and carcinoma in situ overview and proposed clinical guidelineN J van Casteren
Department of Urology, Erasmus MC, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Int J Androl 32:279-87. 2009..A long-term active follow-up schedule, including ultrasonography and physical examinations, is not indicated in the remaining patients with TM...
- How worrisome is testicular microlithiasis?Raymond A Costabile
Urology Department, University of Virginia Health System, Charlottesville, Virginia 22908, USA
Curr Opin Urol 17:419-23. 2007..Until 2001 little prospective data were available on the prevalence or natural history of testicular microlithiasis in the healthy male population...
- Avian infectious bronchitis virus: a possible cause of reduced fertility in the roosterDavid A Boltz
Department of Animal Sciences, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, 1207 West Gregory, Urbana, IL 61801, USA
Avian Dis 48:909-15. 2004..17 x 10(7) sperm/g of testis. We conclude that the use of a live attenuated AIBV vaccine increases the incidence of epididymal stones in roosters, resulting in decreased sperm production and decreased serum testosterone concentrations...
- Testicular hypotrophy does not correlate with grade of adolescent varicoceleJoseph P Alukal
Department of Urology, Children s Hospital Boston, Hunnewell 3, 300 Longwood Avenue, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Urol 174:2367-70, discussion 2370. 2005..As this relationship has significant clinical implications, we studied the correlation between grade and testicular volume disproportion in our adolescent varicocele population...
- Localized traumatic infarction of the testicleJohn McCabe
Department of Urology, Countess of Chester Hospital, Chester, UK
Scand J Urol Nephrol 38:442-3. 2004..Ultrasonically it is extremely difficult to accurately distinguish testicular infarct from neoplasm. We describe a case which highlights this, together with the previously unreported phenomenon of a localized infarct secondary to trauma...
- [Physiopathology of the infertile testicle. Etiopathogenesis of varicocele]Manuel Nistal
Departamento de Anatomia Patologica, Hospital Universitario La Paz, Madrid, Espana
Arch Esp Urol 57:883-904. 2004..To systematically review pathologic testicular lesions in patients with varicocele. To establish factors that may have prognostic significance on post-treatment fertility...
- Ethnic differences in occurrence of TDS-- genetics and/or environment?Aleksander Giwercman
Fertility Centre and Department of Urology, Scanian Andrology Centre, Malmo University Hospital, Lund University, Malmo, Sweden
Int J Androl 29:291-7; discussion 304-6. 2006..Such 'susceptibility genes' need to be identified, those involved in the synthesis, action and metabolism of sex steroids being strong candidates...
- [Andrological relevance of testicular biopsies]Frank Michael Köhn
Klinik und Poliklinik fur Dermatologie und Allergologie, Technische Universitat Munchen
J Dtsch Dermatol Ges 3:532-57; quiz 557-8. 2005
- [Diagnostic image (234). A man with an acute scrotum]J G H van Roermund
Canisius Wilhelmina Ziekenhuis, afd Urologie, 6500 GS Nijmegen
Ned Tijdschr Geneeskd 149:758. 2005..A 48-year-old man presented with acute testicular pain caused by a haematoma in a non seminoma testicular tumour...
- The painful scrotum: an ultrasonographical approach to diagnosisM Muttarak
Department of Radiology, Chiang Mai University, 110 Intavaroros Road, Chiang Mai 50200, Thailand
Singapore Med J 46:352-7; quiz 358. 2005..This pictorial essay is intended to review the causes, US appearances of disease processes causing the painful scrotum, and examination pitfalls of scrotal US...
- Testicular dysgenesis syndrome: possible role of endocrine disruptersKatrine Bay
University Department of Growth and Reproduction, Rigshospitalet, Blegdamsvej 9, 2100 Copenhagen, Denmark
Best Pract Res Clin Endocrinol Metab 20:77-90. 2006..Clinicians should be aware of the interconnection between the different features of TDS, and inclusion of a programme for early detection of testis cancer in the management of infertile men with poor semen quality is recommended...
- Metachronous testicular tumors developing 5 and 9 years after the diagnosis of testicular microlithiasisSimon Gilbert
Department of Urology, Darent Valley Hospital, Dartford, England
J Ultrasound Med 26:981-4. 2007
- Intratesticular haematoma: differentiation from tumour on clinical history and ultrasound appearances in two casesH Purushothaman
Department of Radiology, King s College Hospital, Denmark Hill, London SE9 9RS, UK
Br J Radiol 80:e184-7. 2007..A clinical history coupled with Doppler ultrasound features is crucial for conservative management...
- Polyorchidism: presentation of 2 cases, review of the literature and a new management strategyMehdi Khedis
Department of Urology and Andrology, Rangueil Hospital, Toulouse, France
Urol Int 80:98-101. 2008..To present 2 cases with polyorchidism, to review the literature about polyorchidism, and to propose a rational therapeutic algorithm...
- The testis: the unusual, the rare and the bizarreV R Stewart
Department of Radiology, King s College Hospital, London, UK
Clin Radiol 62:289-302. 2007....
- [Diagnostic image (305). A boy with a painful and swollen scrotum]A van Beurden
Groene Hart Ziekenhuis, afd Chirurgie, Gouda
Ned Tijdschr Geneeskd 150:2870. 2006..Left double testis was diagnosed in a 12-year-old boy with a painful and swollen scrotum...
- Epididymal stone formation and decreased sperm production in roosters vaccinated with a killed strain of avian infectious bronchitis virusDavid A Boltz
Department of Animal Sciences, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, Urbana, IL 61801, USA
Avian Dis 50:594-8. 2006..Histologically, immune cells were seen in the interstitium of efferent ductules containing stones. We conclude that use of a killed vaccine does not reduce the incidence of epididymal stones...
- [CT diagnosis and pathological findings of testicular lesion]Gang Duan
Diagnostic Imaging Center, Nanfang Hospital, Southern Medical University, Guangzhou 510515, China
Nan Fang Yi Ke Da Xue Xue Bao 27:98-100. 2007..To investigate the value of CT scan in the diagnosis and differential diagnosis of testicular space-occupying lesions...
- Epididymo-testicular malacoplakia--a case reportV Kusuma
Department of Pathology, Kempegowda Institute of Medical Sciences, Bangalore
Indian J Pathol Microbiol 49:413-5. 2006..Diagnosis of the same is important as the treatment differs from the other granulomatous lesions in this area. We present a case of malacoplakia involving both the epididymis and testis with a brief review of literature...
- Unilateral benign testicular macro-orchidism in a child: decisions and dilemmasC Gerry Henderson
Division of Urology, Children s National Medical Center, Washington, DC 20010, USA
Clin Pediatr (Phila) 45:765-7. 2006
- [Increased risk of testicular dysgenesis?]Elin L Aschim
Avdeling for helsefag, Høgskolen i Oslo, Postboks 4 St Olavs plass, 0130 Oslo
Tidsskr Nor Laegeforen 126:2278-81. 2006..The potential importance of environmental factors must be taken seriously, and the authorities must take action to strengthen the research in this area...
- Testicular schistosomiasis simulating malignancyM M Dauda
Department of Surgery, Ahmadu Bello University Teaching Hospital, Zarira, Nigeria
Trop Doct 36:182-3. 2006
- [Pathogenesis of neoplastic changes in germ cells as a developmental aspect]Jolanta Słowikowska-Hilczer
Zakład Endokrynologii Płodności, Katedra Andrologii i Endokrynologii Płodności UM w Łodzi
Pediatr Endocrinol Diabetes Metab 13:37-42. 2007..CIS cells can disappear but with the advancing puberty they may give rise to GCT under the influence of gonadotropins and androgens...
- [Benign space-occupying cysts in the testis. An overview]G Bonkat
Urologische Klinik, Universitatsspital Basel, Spitalstrasse 21, Basel, Switzerland
Urologe A 46:1697-703. 2007..On diagnosis of a benign lesion of the testis an organ-conserving surgical therapy or an observational watch-and-wait strategy can be recommended in most cases...
- Management of nonpalpable incidental testicular massesTimothy M Powell
Division of Urology, Department of Surgery, Southern Illinois University School of Medicine, Springfield, IL 62794, USA
J Urol 176:96-8; discussion 99. 2006..We report on 4 patients who presented with nonpalpable testicular masses discovered on scrotal ultrasound, and offer treatment recommendations based on our experience and a review of the literature...
- [Ultrasound of the scrotum]G Stuckmann
Institut fur Radiologie, Kantonsspital Winterthur
Praxis (Bern 1994) 95:709-20. 2006..In cases of acute scrotum or of vascular and inflammatory lesions, Doppler ultrasound is mandatory. This article gives a systematical survey of the most frequent scrotal lesions and their appearance in ultrasound...
- Testicular and paratesticular pathology in infants and children: the histopathological experience of a tertiary paediatric unit over a 17 year periodF L Murphy
Department of Paediatric Urology, Great Ormond Street Children s Hospital, Great Ormond Street, London WC1N 3JH, UK
Pediatr Surg Int 23:867-72. 2007..Neoplasms represented >20% of the pathology, but the largest clinical group of pathological specimens in this patient population is associated with clinically impalpable or the palpably abnormal testis...
- [Testicular microlithiasis--are biopsy and follow-up necessary?]Lisbeth Schjerling
Hillerød Sygehus, organkirurgisk afdeling A
Ugeskr Laeger 164:2041-5. 2002..TM is described in otherwise healthy men, but is also found related to cancer and CIS. Here we will discuss the evaluation and follow up of patients with diagnosed TM...
- [Large cell calcifying Sertoli cell tumor of the testis: report of one case]Alfonso Latiff Conde
Fundacion Santa Fe de Bogota, Colombia
Arch Esp Urol 57:78-82. 2004..To report one case of Sertoli cell testicular tumor of the large cell calcifying type, a rare presentation, and to perform a medical literature review on the topic...
- [Torsion of the spermatic cord and testicular annexes]P Mongiat-Artus
Service d Urologie, Universite Paris VII, Hopital Saint Louis, 1, avenue Claude Vellefaux, 75475 Paris Cedex 10, France
Ann Urol (Paris) 38:25-34. 2004..But the most important improvement should come from parental and teenagers educational information so that they urgently visit a practitioner in case of acute scrotal pain...
- Benign cystic lesion of the tunica albuginea: a case reportKazushi Tanaka
Division of Urology, Department of Organs Therapeutics, Faculty of Medicine, Kobe University Graduate School of Medicine
Hinyokika Kiyo 50:45-8. 2004..Although orchiectomy was performed in this case, early consideration and confirmation of benign lesions may permit testicular preservation...
- Cysts of the tunica albugineaS J Chou
Division of Urology, Department of Surgery, Armed Forces Taoyuan General Hospital, Taoyuan, Taiwan, ROC
Arch Androl 50:89-92. 2004..The authors report 3 cases of cysts of the tunica albuginea. Scrotal ultrasonography facilitates preoperative diagnosis and helps to avoid orchiectomy or to prevent unnecessary surgery...
- [Obstructive azoospermia in men who wish to father children; diagnosis and surgical sperm retrieval]D K van der Schoot
afd Urologie, Universitair Medisch Centrum St Radboud, Postbus 9101, 6500 HB Nijmegen
Ned Tijdschr Geneeskd 147:2583-7. 2003..To evaluate diagnostic procedures and surgical sperm retrieval in men with suspected obstructive azoospermia who wish to father children...
- Impaired spermatogenesis in men with congenital absence of the vas deferensM V Meng
Department of Urology, University of California San Francisco School of Medicine, California 94143-0738, USA
Hum Reprod 16:529-33. 2001..In addition, genetic counselling should be offered and testing for genetic lesions, including cystic fibrosis gene mutations and/or variants, Y chromosome microdeletions, and karyotype abnormalities, should be considered...
- [Scrotal ultrasonography. Part I: common non-cancerous pathologies]C Roy
Service de Radiologie B, Chir A, Hopitaux Universitaires de Strasbourg, Hopital Civil, 1 Place de l Hopital, BP 426, 67091 Strasbourg
J Radiol 84:581-95. 2003..When a tumoral process is suspected, surgery is required to confirm the diagnosis and provide histology. The role of MR remains under evaluation...
- [Current status of high-resolution scrotal echography]Rafael Rodríguez-Patrón Rodríguez
Unidad de Ecografia Urológica, Hospital Ramon y Cajal, Madrid, Espana
Arch Esp Urol 56:509-20. 2003..To review the main images that can be observed by ultrasound, trying to highlight what decision to take after their finding: exploratory surgery, orchyectomy, or follow-up...
- [The childless couple in the doctor's office. Examination of the male]G Haidl
Klinik und Poliklinik für Haut und Geschlechtskrankheiten, Rheinische Friedrich Wilhelms Universitat Bonn
MMW Fortschr Med 145:35-6. 2003
- Molecular evidence supporting the neoplastic nature of some epidermoid cysts of the testisCheryl Younger
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis 46202, USA
Arch Pathol Lab Med 127:858-60. 2003..Loss of heterozygosity of 17p13 has also been demonstrated in germ cell tumors. The incidence of LOH in epidermoid cysts, a possible special form of teratoma, has not been previously determined...
- Re: The prevalence of testicular microlithiasis in an asymptomatic population of men 18 to 35 years oldA Freeman
J Urol 169:1474. 2003
- Testicular-sparing surgery: a reasonable option in selected patients with testicular lesionsM Passarella
Department of Urology, Tulane University School of Medicine, New Orleans, LA, USA
BJU Int 91:337-40. 2003..To describe our experience of inguinal exploration in patients who had a reasonable chance of having a benign testicular lesion...
- Epididymal lithiasis in roosters and efferent ductule and testicular damageG A B Mahecha
Departmento de Morfologia, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais, Belo Horizonte MG, 30190 003, Brazil
Reproduction 124:821-34. 2002..The severity of the lesion points to potentially severe economical impact in the poultry industry...
- Scrotal ultrasoundRaymond H Oyen
Department of Radiology, University Hospitals, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Herestraat 49, 3000 Leuven, Belgium
Eur Radiol 12:19-34. 2002
- Epidermoid cysts of the testes in Taiwanese menE Meng
National Defense Medical Center, National Defense College, Taipei, Taiwan, ROC
Arch Androl 50:201-5. 2004..The absence of relapse in these patients further supports the use of organ sparing surgery in these young men...
- [Testicular microlithiasis and testicular carcinoma: bilateral calcifications go with increased CIS risk]Renate Leinmüller
Aktuelle Urol 35:367-9. 2004
- [Testicular epidermoid cyst: report of a new case and bibliographic review]Víctor Manuel Martínez Silva
Servicio de Urologia, Hospital Universitario 12 de Octubre, Madrid, Espana
Arch Esp Urol 57:641-3. 2004..Pathology reveals a cavity consisting of squamous epithelial cells containing keratin and non-nucleated keratic flakes in the absence of atypia or elements of teratoma...
- Testicular ultrasoundMichael Blaivas
Section of Emergency Ultrasound, Department of Emergency Medicine, Medical College of Georgia, 1120 15th Street, AF 2039, Augusta, GA 30912 4007, USA
Emerg Med Clin North Am 22:723-48, ix. 2004....
- [Testicular microlithiasis and cancer of the testis]Denis Rey
Service d Urologie, Hopital Robert Debre, avenue du general Koening, 51032 Reims
Prog Urol 12:500-3. 2002..On the basis of this case and a review of the literature, the authors discuss the aetiopathogenesis and management of these microscopic stones in a context of cancer...
- Germinal tumor invasion and the role of the testicular stromaAlejandro Díez-Torre
Department of Cell Biology and Histology, School of Medicine and Dentistry, University of the Basque Country, E 48940 Leioa, Vizcaya, Spain
Int J Dev Biol 48:545-57. 2004..Finally, we discuss prospects for future research on the role of the stroma in the progression and differentiation of male germ cell tumors...
- Analysis of the intratesticular control of spermatogenesis by ex-vivo approachingMarie Hélene Perrard
Institut de Génomique Fonctionnelle de Lyon, Universite de Lyon, Université Lyon I, CNRS INRA Ecole Normale Supérieure de Lyon, Lyon, France
Folia Histochem Cytobiol 47:S89-94. 2009..There is now evidence that chemical exposure is at least partly responsible for these testicular diseases. If a large number of environmental pollutants are able to affect male fertility and to exert carcinogenic ..
- Blood plasma concentrations of oestradiol-17beta, testosterone and testosterone/oestradiol ratio in dogs with neoplastic and degenerative testicular diseasesR Mischke
Clinic for Small Animals, School of Veterinary Medicine, Hannover, Germany
Res Vet Sci 73:267-72. 2002....
- Bilateral male breast cancer with male potential hypogonadismYukiko Hirose
Department of Oncological and Regenerative Surgery, Institute of Health Biosciences, The University of Tokushima, 3 18 15, Kuramoto Cho, Tokushima 770 8509, Japan
World J Surg Oncol 5:60. 2007..Risk factors are said to be genetic factors and hormonal abnormalities due to obesity or testicular diseases.
- Testicular adrenal rest tumors and Leydig and Sertoli cell function in boys with classical congenital adrenal hyperplasiaA Martinez-Aguayo
Endocrinology Unit, Department of Pediatrics, Pontificia Universidad Catolica de Chile, 833 0074, Santiago, Chile
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 92:4583-9. 2007..Infertility observed in adult males with congenital adrenal hyperplasia (CAH) has been associated with testicular adrenal rest tumors (TART) that may originate during childhood...
- Scrotal disorders: evaluation of testicular enhancement patterns at dynamic contrast-enhanced subtraction MR imagingY Watanabe
Depts of Radiology, and Urology, Kurashiki Central Hospital, 1 1 1 Miwa, Kurashiki, 710 8602, Japan
Radiology 217:219-27. 2000..To evaluate testicular enhancement patterns in various scrotal disorders at dynamic contrast medium-enhanced subtraction magnetic resonance (MR) imaging...
- The impact of commonly prescribed drugs on male fertilityTetsuo Hayashi
Department of Urology, Saitama Medical Center, Saitama Medical University, Kawagoe, Saitama, Japan
Hum Fertil (Camb) 11:191-6. 2008..Of these 201 men, a total of 165 had no history of testicular diseases nor abnormalities in any examinations...
- Kinetic fluorescence RT-PCR is highly sensitive for detection of germ-cell-tumor-specific transcripts in peripheral bloodM Schrader
Department of Urology, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Campus Benjamin Franklin, D 12200 Berlin, Germany
Int J Mol Med 16:143-7. 2005..controls comprised of samples taken from patients 3 months after treatment, from patients with inflammatory testicular diseases or non-germ-cell-tumors and from healthy males (n=66)...
- Factors influencing testicular volume in young men: results of a community-based surveyJ H Ku
Departments of Urology, Military Manpower Administration, Seoul, and Soonchunhyang University School of Medicine, Pucheon and Chonan, Korea
BJU Int 90:446-50. 2002..To investigate the factors influencing testicular volume in young men in the community...
- Deregulation of EZH2 expression in human spermatogenic disorders and testicular germ cell tumorsStefan Hinz
Department of Urology, Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Charite, Campus Mitte, Chariteplatz 1, 10117 Berlin, Germany
World J Urol 28:631-5. 2010..deregulation of EZH2 expression may contribute to the development and progression of benign and malignant testicular diseases. The objective of this study was to investigate the expression profile of EZH2 in testicular germ cell ..
- [MRI for the diagnosis of Leydig cell testicular tumors]Elena Angulo Hervías
Servicio de Radiodiagnostico, Hospital Universitario Miguel Servet, Zaragoza, Espana
Arch Esp Urol 60:75-7. 2007..To determine the diagnostic usefulness of MRI in the diagnosis of Leydig cell testicular tumor...
- Estrogen therapy in a male patient with chronic hepatitis C and irradiation-induced testicular dysfunctionI Shimizu
Second Department of Internal Medicine, Tokushima University School of Medicine
Intern Med 40:100-4. 2001..This observation suggests that endogenous estradiol may play a beneficial role in male patients with chronic hepatitis C...
- Spontaneous and age-related testicular findings in beagle dogsMichael J Goedken
Pfizer, Inc, Groton, Connecticut, USA
Toxicol Pathol 36:465-71. 2008..If evaluation of spermatogenesis is critical, the incidental findings can be minimized by using males over twelve months of age...
- SERTOLI CELL TOXICITY IN VIVO--MICROTUBULE DISRUPTIONKim Boekelheide; Fiscal Year: 2001..Together, these complimentary approaches will critically examine key steps in the pathogenetic sequence by which microtubule disrupters alter the supportive capacity of Sertoli cells resulting in loss of germ cells and infertility. ..
- ANTI-VIRAL TREATMENT OF DEVELOPING BOVINE EMBRYOSMaurice Givens; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- ENVIRONMENTAL/INDUSTRIAL TOXICANTS AND TESTICULAR INJURYKim Boekelheide; Fiscal Year: 2003..Together, these complimentary approaches will elucidate the key molecular mechanisms responsible for irreversible testicular injury. ..
- Testicular Torsion: Mechanisms and TreatmentTerry Turner; Fiscal Year: 2005..It is likely that these investigations will be relevant to other forms of oxidative stress inducing testicular dysfunction. ..
- PHTHALATE-INDUCED MURINE TESTICULAR DYSGENESIS AND P53Kim Boekelheide; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- AUTOSOMAL MECHANISMS OF TESTIS INDUCTIONVICKI MEYERS WALLEN; Fiscal Year: 2005..At the end of this grant period, we will have identified the gene causing this disorder and the step in the testis pathway that is altered by the mutation in timing, quantity, or location of gene expression. ..
- Constitutively active LH receptors in transgenic micePrema Narayan; Fiscal Year: 2007..These studies will contribute new information on testicular and ovarian physiology and pathophysiology and provide insight into the molecular mechanisms of FMPP, female infertility and premature ovarian failure. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Insulin and Oocyte Chromatin SegregationGary Smith; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- 2006 Environmental Endocrine Disruptors Gordon ConferenceRex Hess; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Genetic epidemiology of glutathione and CF lung diseaseEDWARD MCKONE; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- PROTEIN PHOSPHATASES AND OOCYTE MEIOSISGary Smith; Fiscal Year: 2002..These studies will provide novel information concerning control of oocyte maturation and spindle formation that may subsequently influence the developmental competency of resulting embryos. ..
- Sertoli Cell Mediated Engulfment of Apoptotic Germ CellsKodi S Ravichandran; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..