Genomes and Genes
Summary: Inflammation of the prostate. (Dorland, 27th ed)
Publications249 found, 100 shown here
- Prostatic MR imaging. Accuracy in differentiating cancer from other prostatic disordersS Ikonen
Department of Radiology, Helsinki University Central Hospital, and The Finnish Institute of Occupational Health, Helsinki, Finland
Acta Radiol 42:348-54. 2001..Twenty patients had prostatic cancer, 20 benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH), 4 acute bacterial prostatitis, 5 chronic bacterial prostatitis (2 also belonging to the previous category), 19 chronic non-bacterial ..
- CCL2 and CCL3 are essential mediators of pelvic pain in experimental autoimmune prostatitisMarsha L Quick
Department of Urology, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, Illinois 60611, USA
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 303:R580-9. 2012Experimental autoimmune prostatitis (EAP) is a murine model of chronic prostatitis/chronic pelvic pain syndrome (CPPS) in men, a syndrome characterized by chronic pelvic pain...
- Prostatitis, sexually transmitted diseases, and prostate cancer: the California Men's Health StudyIona Cheng
Epidemiology Program, Cancer Research Center of Hawai i, University of Hawai i, Honolulu, Hawai i, United States of America
PLoS ONE 5:e8736. 2010b>Prostatitis and sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) have been positively associated with prostate cancer in previous case-control studies. However, results from recent prospective studies have been inconclusive...
- The controversial relationship between benign prostatic hyperplasia and prostate cancer: the role of inflammationCosimo De Nunzio
Department of Urology, Sant Andrea Hospital, University La Sapienza, Rome, Italy
Eur Urol 60:106-17. 2011..Recent data suggest that prostatic inflammation is involved in the pathogenesis and progression of both conditions...
- Seminal plasma cytokines and chemokines in prostate inflammation: interleukin 8 as a predictive biomarker in chronic prostatitis/chronic pelvic pain syndrome and benign prostatic hyperplasiaGiuseppe Penna
BioXell, Milan, Italy
Eur Urol 51:524-33; discussion 533. 2007This prospective study quantified cytokine and chemokine levels in seminal plasma of patients with chronic prostatitis/chronic pelvic pain syndrome (CP/CPPS) and benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH), to evaluate inflammatory mediators as ..
- Epidemiologic association between prostatitis and prostate cancerLeslie K Dennis
Department of Epidemiology, University of Iowa College of Public Health, Iowa City, Iowa 52242, USA
Urology 60:78-83. 2002To quantify the relationship between prostatitis and prostate cancer by pooling previous epidemiologic studies of this association.
- Presence of INFgamma-secreting lymphocytes specific to prostate antigens in a group of chronic prostatitis patientsRuben Dario Motrich
Centro de Investigaciones en Bioquímica Clínica e Inmunología CIBICI CONICET Departamento de Bioquímica Clínica, Facultad de Ciencias Quimicas, Universidad Nacional de Cordoba, Cordoba 5000, Argentina
Clin Immunol 116:149-57. 2005Acute and chronic infectious prostatitis are the best understood of the prostate syndromes, but they are the least frequent...
- Chronic prostatitis/chronic pelvic pain syndromeMichel A Pontari
Department of Urology, Temple University School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19140, USA
Urol Clin North Am 35:81-9; vi. 2008In the 20th century, the term "prostatitis" traditionally referred to inflammation in the prostate, often attributed to infection...
- Validation and comparison of EuroQol and short form 6D in chronic prostatitis patientsFei Li Zhao
University of Newcastle, Callaghan, NSW, Australia
Value Health 13:649-56. 2010..However, to our knowledge, no such HRQoL instrument has been validated or used in chronic prostatitis. We therefore aimed to assess and compare the psychometric properties of EuroQol (EQ-5D) and Short Form 6D (SF-..
- PSA is a candidate self-antigen in autoimmune chronic prostatitis/chronic pelvic pain syndromeS Ponniah
Division of Urology, University of Maryland School of Medicine, and Section of Urology, VA Maryland Health Care System, Baltimore, Maryland 21201, USA
Prostate 44:49-54. 2000Previous studies demonstrated that recognition of seminal plasma antigens can occur in patients with chronic prostatitis/chronic pelvic pain syndrome. This suggests that an autoimmune component may contribute to symptoms in some men...
- Evaluation of prostatitis in autopsied prostates--is chronic inflammation more associated with benign prostatic hyperplasia or cancer?Nicolas B Delongchamps
Department of Urology, State University of New York Upstate Medical University, New York 13210, USA
J Urol 179:1736-40. 2008..However, the prevalence of chronic inflammation in malignant and benign glands has not been compared. We evaluated the association of inflammation, benign prostatic hyperplasia and cancer in autopsied prostates...
- Clinical phenotyping of patients with chronic prostatitis/chronic pelvic pain syndrome and correlation with symptom severityDaniel A Shoskes
Glickman Urological and Kidney Institute, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
Urology 73:538-42; discussion 542-3. 2009..We wished to validate this system in men with chronic pelvic pain syndrome (CPPS). CPPS is a heterogeneous syndrome with a variable treatment response...
- ProstatitisMichel A Pontari
Department of Urology, Temple University School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
J Urol 177:2050-7. 2007We quantified the burden of prostatitis in the United States by identifying trends in the use of health care resources and estimating the economic impact of the disease.
- Willingness to pay per quality-adjusted life year: is one threshold enough for decision-making?: results from a study in patients with chronic prostatitisFei Li Zhao
School of Biomedical Sciences and Pharmacy, University of Newcastle, Callaghan, NSW, Australia
Med Care 49:267-72. 2011To estimate the willingness to pay (WTP) per quality-adjusted life year (QALY) ratio with the stated preference data and compare the results obtained between chronic prostatitis (CP) patients and general population (GP).
- Inflammation in prostate carcinogenesisAngelo M De Marzo
Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Department of Pathology, Baltimore, MD, USA
Nat Rev Cancer 7:256-69. 2007....
- Vinclozolin exposure in utero induces postpubertal prostatitis and reduces sperm production via a reversible hormone-regulated mechanismPrue A Cowin
Monash Institute of Medical Research, Monash University, Clayton, Victoria 3168, Australia
Endocrinology 151:783-92. 2010..We previously reported in utero Vinclozolin exposure-induced prostatitis (prostate inflammation) in postpubertal rats concurrent with down-regulation of AR and increased nuclear factor-..
- Chronic pelvic pain syndrome/chronic prostatitis affect the acrosome reaction in human spermatozoaRalf Henkel
Department of Medical Biosciences, University of the Western Cape, Private Bag X17, 7535 Bellville, South Africa
World J Urol 24:39-44. 2006..004) and spontaneous AR increased (P < 0.02). Our data clearly demonstrate a significant influence of the inflammation on acrosomal functionality, which could be mediated by inflammatory mediators like ROS...
- Significance of inflammation on standard semen analysis in chronic prostatitis/chronic pelvic pain syndromeM Ludwig
Klinik und Poliklinik für Urologie und Kinderurologie Institut für Medizinische Informatik, Universitätsklinikum Giessen, Germany
Andrologia 35:152-6. 2003..Basic spermiogram parameters has been analysed in patients with inflammatory and noninflammatory chronic prostatitis/chronic pelvic pain syndrome (CP/CPPS-NIH IIIA/IIIB) with regard to indicators of inflammation in prostatic ..
- Prostate biopsy culture findings of men with chronic pelvic pain syndrome do not differ from those of healthy controlsJay C Lee
Department of Urology, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington, USA
J Urol 169:584-7; discussion 587-8. 2003..To examine whether prostatic bacteria are more prevalent among patients with chronic pelvic pain syndrome than among those without pelvic pain, we compared 4-glass urine test and prostate biopsy results...
- Prostatitis: diagnosis and treatmentVictoria J Sharp
University of Iowa Health Care, Iowa City, 52242 1089, USA
Am Fam Physician 82:397-406. 2010b>Prostatitis ranges from a straightforward clinical entity in its acute form to a complex, debilitating condition when chronic. It is often a source of frustration for the treating physician and patient...
- Examination of the relationship between symptoms of prostatitis and histological inflammation: baseline data from the REDUCE chemoprevention trialJ Curtis Nickel
Department of Urology, Queen s University, Kingston General Hospital, Kingston, Ontario, Canada
J Urol 178:896-900; discussion 900-1. 2007Symptoms of abacterial chronic prostatitis/chronic pelvic pain syndrome are considered to be associated with prostate inflammation...
- Health-related quality of life in Chinese patients with chronic prostatitis/chronic pelvic pain syndromeFei Li Zhao
Discipline of Pharmacy and Experimental Pharmacology, School of Biomedical Sciences and Pharmacy, University of Newcastle, Callaghan, NSW 2308, Australia
Qual Life Res 19:1273-83. 2010..the health-related quality of life (HRQoL) and factors associated with HRQoL in Chinese patients with chronic prostatitis/chronic pelvic pain syndrome (CP/CPPS) using two generic preference-based HRQoL instruments, EQ-5D (plus EQ-VAS)..
- Epidemiologic risk factors for chronic prostatitisJa Hyeon Ku
Department of Urology, Seoul Veterans Hospital, Seoul, Korea
Int J Androl 28:317-27. 2005Chronic prostatitis/chronic pelvic pain syndrome is a multifactorial problem, which affects men of all ages and in all demographics...
- The role of the urinary epithelium in the pathogenesis of interstitial cystitis/prostatitis/urethritisC Lowell Parsons
Division of Urology, Department of Surgery, University of California, San Diego Medical Center, University of California, San Diego, San Diego, California 92103 8897, USA
Urology 69:9-16. 2007..Groups of patients who have been given a diagnosis of IC, chronic prostatitis, and urethritis have been shown to have IC by virtue of their shared potassium sensitivity...
- Leukocytes and bacteria in men with chronic prostatitis/chronic pelvic pain syndrome compared to asymptomatic controlsJ Curtis Nickel
Department of Urology, Queen s University, Kingston General Hospital, 76 Stuart Street, Kingston, Ontario K7L 2V7, Canada
J Urol 170:818-22. 2003Chronic prostatitis has been traditionally characterized by inflammation and/or infection of the prostate gland, objectively categorized by white blood cells and cultured bacteria in prostate specific specimens...
- Chronic prostatitis and male accessory gland infection--is there an impact on male infertility (diagnosis and therapy)?K Everaert
Department of Urology, Ghent University Hospital, Ghent, Belgium
Andrologia 35:325-30. 2003..male infertility, extrapolate this hypothesis to male accessory gland infection (MAGI) and relate it to chronic prostatitis and its treatment. Infertility is a multifactorial disease and diagnosis and therapy must be oriented as such...
- A case-control study of risk factors in men with chronic pelvic pain syndromeMichel A Pontari
Temple University School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19140, USA
BJU Int 96:559-65. 2005To compare the demographic, behavioural, clinical and medical history characteristics of men with chronic prostatitis/chronic pelvic pain syndrome (CP/CPPS) and asymptomatic controls, to identify characteristics that might be associated ..
- Differentiation of prostatitis and prostate cancer by using diffusion-weighted MR imaging and MR-guided biopsy at 3 TKlaas N A Nagel
Department of Technical Medicine, University of Twente, Enschede, The Netherlands
Radiology 267:164-72. 2013To determine if prostatitis and prostate cancer (PCa) can be distinguished by using apparent diffusion coefficients (ADCs) on magnetic resonance (MR) images, with specimens obtained at MR-guided biopsy as the standard of reference.
- The prevalence and overlap of interstitial cystitis/bladder pain syndrome and chronic prostatitis/chronic pelvic pain syndrome in men: results of the RAND Interstitial Cystitis Epidemiology male studyAnne M Suskind
Department of Urology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109, USA
J Urol 189:141-5. 2013..validated case definitions to identify interstitial cystitis/bladder pain syndrome in women and chronic prostatitis/chronic pelvic pain syndrome in men...
- Non-obese diabetic (NOD) mice are genetically susceptible to experimental autoimmune prostatitis (EAP)V E Rivero
Faculty of Chemical Sciences, National University of Cordoba
J Autoimmun 11:603-10. 1998Rodents develop inflammatory, non-infectious, prostatitis upon autoimmuniz-ation with male accessory gland (MAG) extracts in complete Freund's adjuvant (CFA)...
- PCR for diagnosis of male Trichomonas vaginalis infection with chronic prostatitis and urethritisJong Jin Lee
Prime Urology Clinic, Gwangmyeong 423 807, Korea
Korean J Parasitol 50:157-9. 2012..usefulness of PCR for diagnosis of Trichomonas vaginalis infection among male patients with chronic recurrent prostatitis and urethritis...
- Chronic prostatitis and small intestinal bacterial overgrowth: effect of rifaximinLeonard B Weinstock
Internal Medicine, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri, USA
Can J Urol 18:5826-30. 2011This pilot study determined the efficacy of rifaximin, a gut-directed antibiotic, in reducing chronic prostatitis (CP) and gastrointestinal (GI) symptoms in patients with CP type III...
- Reduced semen quality in chronic prostatitis patients that have cellular autoimmune response to prostate antigensRuben Dario Motrich
Inmunologia, CIBICI CONICET, Departamento de Bioquimica Clinica, Facultad de Ciencias Quimicas, Universidad Nacional de Cordoba, Argentina
Hum Reprod 20:2567-72. 2005The relationship between chronic prostatitis and fertility has been controversial for many years...
- Psychometric profiles and hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axis function in men with chronic prostatitis/chronic pelvic pain syndromeRodney U Anderson
Department of Urology, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, California 94305, USA
J Urol 179:956-60. 2008..Chronic stress may have a role in the disorder of chronic prostatitis/chronic pelvic pain syndrome related to initiation or exacerbation of the syndrome...
- Prevalence of prostatitis-like symptoms in a population based study using the National Institutes of Health chronic prostatitis symptom indexJ C Nickel
Department of Urology, Queen's University, Kingston, Ontario, Canada
J Urol 165:842-5. 2001PURPOSE: The National Institutes of Health (NIH) chronic prostatitis symptom index was used to determine the prevalence of prostatitis-like symptoms among men (age 20 to 74 years) at risk in a community based study...
- Brain functional and anatomical changes in chronic prostatitis/chronic pelvic pain syndromeMelissa A Farmer
Department of Physiology, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, Illinois, USA
J Urol 186:117-24. 2011Research into the pathophysiology of chronic prostatitis/chronic pelvic pain syndrome has primarily focused on markers of peripheral dysfunction...
- Sexual behavior, sexually transmitted diseases and prostatitis: the risk of prostate cancer in black menAruna V Sarma
Department of Urology, University of Michigan Health System, 1500 E Medical Center Drive, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 0330, USA
J Urol 176:1108-13. 2006..In concurrence, population based studies of white men have revealed an increased risk of prostate cancer with history of sexually transmitted diseases and prostatitis.
- Treatment of chronic prostatitis lowers serum prostate specific antigenCaleb B Bozeman
Department of Urology, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, Shreveport, Louisiana, USA
J Urol 167:1723-6. 2002We evaluated men with documented chronic prostatitis and elevated serum prostate specific antigen (PSA) to determine whether treatment with antibiotics and anti-inflammatory drugs lowers serum PSA.
- Chronic bacterial infection and inflammation incite reactive hyperplasia in a mouse model of chronic prostatitisJohny E Elkahwaji
Department of Surgery, Division of Urology, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, 600, Highland Ave, Madison, WI 53792, USA
Prostate 67:14-21. 2007Chronic inflammation is postulated to contribute to prostate carcinogenesis. We developed a mouse model of chronic prostatitis to test whether infection-induced chronic inflammation would incite reactive changes in prostatic epithelium.
- Prevalence of and risk factors for prostatitis: population based assessment using physician assigned diagnosesJ Quentin Clemens
Department of Urology, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, Illinois 60611, USA
J Urol 178:1333-7. 2007Previous studies to assess risk factors for prostatitis used patient self-reported data and, therefore, they were subject to recall bias...
- Fears, sexual disturbances and personality features in men with prostatitis: a population-based cross-sectional study in FinlandA Mehik
Division of Urology, Department of Surgery, Oulu University Hospital, Finland
BJU Int 88:35-8. 2001To determine the occurrence of mental distress related to prostatitis in Finnish men.
- The prevalence of prostatitis-like symptoms in ChinaChao Zhao Liang
Department of Urology, The First Affiliated Hospital of Anhui Medical University, Hefei, China
J Urol 182:558-63. 2009We studied the prevalence of prostatitis-like symptoms and identified their associated risk factors in a population based Chinese sample.
- A pollen extract (Cernilton) in patients with inflammatory chronic prostatitis-chronic pelvic pain syndrome: a multicentre, randomised, prospective, double-blind, placebo-controlled phase 3 studyFlorian M E Wagenlehner
Clinic for Urology, Paediatric Urology and Andrology, Justus Liebig University of Giessen, Giessen, Germany
Eur Urol 56:544-51. 2009National Institutes of Health (NIH) category III prostatitis/chronic pelvic pain syndrome (CP/CPPS) is a prevalent condition for which no standardised treatment exists.
- A prospective study of symptoms and quality of life in men with chronic prostatitis/chronic pelvic pain syndrome: the National Institutes of Health Chronic Prostatitis Cohort studyKathleen Joy Propert
Department of Biostatistics and Epidemiology, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104 6021, USA
J Urol 175:619-23; discussion 623. 2006..We present the results of 2 years of symptom and quality of life followup of men with CP/CPPS enrolled in the CPC...
- Prevalence of asymptomatic inflammatory (National Institutes of Health Category IV) prostatitis in young men according to semen analysisPaul Korrovits
Andrology Center, Tartu University Hospital, Tartu, Estonia
Urology 71:1010-5. 2008To determine the prevalence of asymptomatic inflammatory (National Institutes of Health category IV) prostatitis in a cross-sectional community sample of young men.
- IgG4-related autoimmune prostatitis: two cases with or without autoimmune pancreatitisIsao Nishimori
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Kochi Medical School, Nankoku
Intern Med 46:1983-9. 2007..We report herein two cases with prostatitis. One was seen in a patient with typical AIP, and the other was observed without any clinical manifestation of ..
- Pain sensitization in male chronic pelvic pain syndrome: why are symptoms so difficult to treat?Claire C Yang
Department of Urology, Box 356510, University of Washington, 1959 N E Pacific Street, Seattle, WA 98195 6510, USA
J Urol 170:823-6; discussion 826-7. 2003..We evaluated men with and without CPPS to determine if there were differences between the 2 groups in their responses to noxious heat stimuli...
- Extracorporeal shock wave therapy for the treatment of chronic pelvic pain syndrome in males: a randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled studyReinhold Zimmermann
Department of Urology, Elisabethinen Hospital, University Affiliated Hospital, Linz, Austria
Eur Urol 56:418-24. 2009..There is no sufficiently validated therapy for chronic pelvic pain syndrome (CPPS)...
- Epidemiology of inflammation and prostate cancerElizabeth A Platz
Department of Epidemiology, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, The Brady Urological Institute, The Sidney Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Center, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
J Urol 171:S36-40. 2004....
- Mechanisms in prostatitis/chronic pelvic pain syndromeMichel A Pontari
Department of Urology, Temple University School of Medicine, 3401 N Broad Street, Philadelphia, PA 19140, USA
J Urol 172:839-45. 2004We reviewed the current literature on mechanisms involved in the pathogenesis of prostatitis/chronic pelvic pain syndrome (CPPS).
- Immunological alterations in the ejaculate of chronic prostatitis patients: clues for autoimmunityH John
Clinic of Urology, University Hospital and University of Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
Andrologia 35:294-9. 2003..Thirty-five patients of a total of 88 patients with chronic prostatitis Cat IIIB were consecutively selected...
- Current challenges in the treatment of complicated urinary tract infections and prostatitisF M E Wagenlehner
Department of Urology, Hospital St Elisabeth, Straubing, Germany
Clin Microbiol Infect 12:67-80. 2006Serious urinary tract infections (UTIs) and acute bacterial prostatitis in adults cause significant morbidity and economic burden...
- Intraprostatic capsaicin injection as a novel model for nonbacterial prostatitis and effects of botulinum toxin AYao Chi Chuang
Department of Urology, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Kaohsiung Medical Center, Chang Gung University College of Medicine, Kaohsiung, Taiwan
Eur Urol 51:1119-27. 2007An animal model for nonbacterial prostatitis in rats was developed with the use of intraprostatic injection of capsaicin, an agent thought to excite C-afferent fibers and cause neurogenic inflammation...
- How does the pre-massage and post-massage 2-glass test compare to the Meares-Stamey 4-glass test in men with chronic prostatitis/chronic pelvic pain syndrome?J Curtis Nickel
Department of Urology, Queen s University, Kingston General Hospital, Kingston, Ontario, Canada
J Urol 176:119-24. 2006..inflammation and the presence of bacteria in the lower urinary tract in men presenting with the chronic prostatitis syndrome...
- Bacteria in the chronic prostatitis-chronic pelvic pain syndrome: molecular approaches to critical research questionsJohn N Krieger
Department of Urology, University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, WA, USA
J Urol 167:2574-83. 2002There is a pressing need to determine the causes and consequences of, and optimal therapy for the chronic prostatitis-chronic pelvic pain syndrome.
- Clinical phenotyping in chronic prostatitis/chronic pelvic pain syndrome and interstitial cystitis: a management strategy for urologic chronic pelvic pain syndromesD A Shoskes
Glickman Urological and Kidney Institute, The Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Prostate Cancer Prostatic Dis 12:177-83. 2009The urologic chronic pain conditions such as chronic prostatitis/chronic pelvic pain syndrome and interstitial cystitis are syndromes whose evaluation and management are controversial...
- A prospective, randomized, double-blind trial to evaluate the role of a short reducing course of oral corticosteroid therapy in the treatment of chronic prostatitis/chronic pelvic pain syndromeSylvia M Bates
Department of Genito Urinary Medicine, Royal Hallamshire Hospital, Sheffield, UK
BJU Int 99:355-9. 2007..To assess the validity of our observational experience that a short course of oral prednisolone therapy might be of value in the management of symptoms of chronic pelvic pain syndrome (CPPS) in men...
- Effect of NIH-IV prostatitis on free and free-to-total PSAIgor Stancik
Urology Department, Kaiser Franz Josef Hospital, Kundratstrasse 3, 1100 Vienna, Austria
Eur Urol 46:760-4. 2004To examine the effect of asymptomatic prostatic inflammation (NIH category IV prostatitis) on total PSA (tPSA), free serum PSA (fPSA) and the ratio of free-to-total prostate specific antigen (%fPSA)...
- Phenotypically directed multimodal therapy for chronic prostatitis/chronic pelvic pain syndrome: a prospective study using UPOINTDaniel A Shoskes
Glickman Urological and Kidney Institute, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Urology 75:1249-53. 2010..In this study, we treated patients with multimodal therapy based on the UPOINT phenotype and measured response after at least 6 months...
- Pseudomonas aeruginosa acute prostatitis and urosepsis after sexual relations in a hot tubLori M Dulabon
Department of Urology, State University of New York, Upstate Medical University, Syracuse, New York 13210, USA
J Clin Microbiol 47:1607-8. 2009We report a case of a previously healthy 38-year-old male with acute prostatitis and concurrent Pseudomonas aeruginosa urosepsis...
- Eradication of Enterococcus faecalis by phage therapy in chronic bacterial prostatitis--case reportS Letkiewicz
Urological and Andrological Clinic UROGEN, 42 600, Tarnowskie Góry, Poland
Folia Microbiol (Praha) 54:457-61. 2009The treatment of three patients suffering from chronic bacterial prostatitis who were qualified for an experimental phage therapy protocol managed at the Phage Therapy Unit in Wrocław is described...
- Chlamydia trachomatis occurrence and its impact on sperm quality in chronic prostatitis patientsRuben Dario Motrich
Centro de Investigaciones en Bioquímica Clínica e Inmunología CIBICI CONICET, Departamento de Bioquimica Clinica, Facultad de Ciencias Quimicas, Universidad Nacional de Cordoba, Ciudad Universitaria, Cordoba, Argentina
J Infect 53:175-83. 2006The role of Chlamydia trachomatis (CT) in the pathogenesis of chronic prostatitis and its impact on male fertility remain controversial...
- Demographic and clinical characteristics of men with chronic prostatitis: the national institutes of health chronic prostatitis cohort studyAnthony J Schaeffer
Department of Urology, Northwestern University, Chicago, Illinois 60611, USA
J Urol 168:593-8. 2002We describe the study design of the National Institutes of Health Chronic Prostatitis Cohort (CPC) study characterizing men with chronic prostatitis/the chronic pelvic pain syndrome.
- Chlamydia trachomatis infection is related to poor semen quality in young prostatitis patientsSandra Mazzoli
Sexually Transmitted Disease Centre, Santa Maria Annunziata Hospital, Florence, Italy
Eur Urol 57:708-14. 2010The impact of chronic prostatitis resulting from Chlamydia trachomatis infection on male fertility is controversial.
- Adverse impact of sexual dysfunction in chronic prostatitis/chronic pelvic pain syndromeShaun Wen Huey Lee
School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Science Malaysia, Penang, Malaysia
Urology 71:79-84. 2008..To examine the prevalence, characteristics, and impact of sexual dysfunction in our primary care referral population...
- Autoimmune prostatitis: state of the artR D Motrich
Departamento de Bioquimica Clinica, Facultad de Ciencias Quimicas, Universidad Nacional de Cordoba, Haya de la Torre y Medina Allende, Ciudad Universitaria, Cordoba, Argentina
Scand J Immunol 66:217-27. 2007..Pathological conditions of the prostate gland range from infections, chronic prostatitis/chronic pelvic pain syndrome (CP/CPPS) of a still unknown aetiology to benign hyperplasia and cancer...
- The association between varicocele, premature ejaculation and prostatitis symptoms: possible mechanismsFrancesco Lotti
Andrology Unit, Department of Clinical Physiopathology, University of Florence, Florence 50139, Italy
J Sex Med 6:2878-87. 2009..No study has ever systematically evaluated the impact of varicocele on sexual function...
- Prostatitis/chronic pelvic pain syndromeGeoffrey M Habermacher
Department of Urology, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, Illinois 60611, USA
Annu Rev Med 57:195-206. 2006We review the diagnosis, categorization, and treatment of prostatitis/chronic pelvic pain syndrome based on the National Institutes of Health (NIH) classification. Prostatitis is an extremely common syndrome that afflicts 2%-10% of men...
- Prostatitis as a risk factor for prostate cancerRosebud O Roberts
Department of Health Sciences Research, Division of Epidemiology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
Epidemiology 15:93-9. 2004..The association of infection or inflammation of the prostate with prostate cancer has been suggested but not established. This study was undertaken to investigate this association...
- The correlation between serum prostate specific antigen levels and asymptomatic inflammatory prostatitisCuneyt Ozden
Department of Urology, Numune Education and Research Hospital, Cevizlidere Mah 14 Cad, Balgat 12 25, Ankara, 06100, Turkey
Int Urol Nephrol 39:859-63. 2007Asymptomatic inflammatory prostatitis is a common pathological finding in patients with benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH)...
- Nanobacteria: a possible etiology for type III prostatitisXuecheng Shen
Urological Research Institute of PLA, Southwest Hospital, Third Military Medical University, Chongqing, People s Republic of China
J Urol 184:364-9. 2010..We observed pathological changes in nanobacteria infected prostates in Sprague-Dawley(R) rats and investigated the possible etiological relationships of nanobacteria and type III prostatitis.
- Interleukin-8 levels in seminal plasma in chronic prostatitis/chronic pelvic pain syndrome and nonspecific urethritisAbbas Khadra
Department of Clinical Development Sciences Genitourinary Medicine, St George s, University of London, London
BJU Int 97:1043-6. 2006To investigate whether a range of cytokines were detectable in the seminal plasma and urine of men with chronic prostatitis/chronic pelvic pain syndrome (CP/CPPS) and nonspecific urethritis (NSU), and whether cytokine levels correlated ..
- Nerve growth factor and chronic prostatitis/chronic pelvic pain syndromeLauri J Miller
Department of Pathology, University of Connecticut School of Medicine and School of Dental Medicine, Farmington, Connecticut 06030, USA
Urology 59:603-8. 2002To investigate whether the pain experienced by patients with chronic prostatitis/chronic pelvic pain syndrome (CPPS) may be related to the expression of nerve growth factor (NGF), induced by inflammation and tissue injury experienced as ..
- Alfuzosin treatment for chronic prostatitis/chronic pelvic pain syndrome: a prospective, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, pilot studyAare Mehik
Division of Urology, Department of Surgery, Oulu University, Oulu, Finland
Urology 62:425-9. 2003..examine the long-term efficacy of alfuzosin compared with placebo and standard therapy in patients with chronic prostatitis/chronic pelvic pain syndrome (CP/CPPS), because alpha-blockers have been suggested for the treatment of CP/CPPS.
- Prevalence of sexual dysfunction in Chinese men with chronic prostatitisChao Zhao Liang
Department of Urology, First Affiliated Hospital of Anhui Medical University, Anhui, China
BJU Int 93:568-70. 2004To investigate the prevalence and risk factors of sexual dysfunction in Chinese men with chronic prostatitis.
- Long-term results of multimodal therapy for chronic prostatitis/chronic pelvic pain syndromeDaniel A Shoskes
Cleveland Clinic Florida, Weston and Nova Southeastern University, Ft Lauderdale, USA
J Urol 169:1406-10. 2003Chronic prostatitis/chronic pelvic pain syndrome is a prevalent and multifactorial condition. Many patients have the condition for years despite conventional therapies...
- Treatment of chronic prostatitis/chronic pelvic pain syndrome with tamsulosin: a randomized double blind trialJ Curtis Nickel
Queen s University, Kingston, Ontario, Canada
J Urol 171:1594-7. 2004We compared the efficacy of tamsulosin with placebo for the treatment of chronic prostatitis/chronic pelvic pain syndrome (CP/CPPS).
- Loss of Nkx3.1 expression in bacterial prostatitis: a potential link between inflammation and neoplasiaMay Khalili
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Maryland Baltimore County, Baltimore, MD 21250, USA
Am J Pathol 176:2259-68. 2010..To determine the effect of inflammation on Nxk3.1 accumulation, bacterial prostatitis was induced by intraurethral inoculation of a uropathogenic E. coli strain in mice. Nkx3...
- The prevalence of men with National Institutes of Health category IV prostatitis and association with serum prostate specific antigenBrett S Carver
Department of Urology, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, Shreveport, Louisiana, USA
J Urol 169:589-91. 2003We evaluated the prevalence and relationship of serum prostate specific antigen (PSA) levels in a screening population of men diagnosed with National Institutes of Health (NIH) category IV prostatitis.
- Acupuncture versus sham acupuncture for chronic prostatitis/chronic pelvic painShaun Wen Huey Lee
School of Pharmaceutical Science, University of Science, Malaysia
Am J Med 121:79.e1-7. 2008Chronic prostatitis/chronic pelvic pain syndrome (CP/CPPS) afflicts 2%-10% of adult men. Available therapies offer little or no proven benefit...
- Pentosan polysulfate sodium therapy for men with chronic pelvic pain syndrome: a multicenter, randomized, placebo controlled studyJ Curtis Nickel
Department of Urology, Queens University, Kingston, Ontario, Canada
J Urol 173:1252-5. 2005..We evaluated the efficacy and tolerability of pentosan polysulfate sodium (PPS) for the treatment of men with chronic pelvic pain syndrome (CPPS), National Institutes of Health (NIH) category III...
- Terazosin therapy for chronic prostatitis/chronic pelvic pain syndrome: a randomized, placebo controlled trialPhaik Yeong Cheah
School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Science Malaysia, Penang, Malaysia
J Urol 169:592-6. 2003We evaluate terazosin therapy for chronic prostatitis/chronic pelvic pain syndrome.
- Acute bacterial prostatitis after transrectal prostate needle biopsy: clinical analysisKazuyoshi Shigehara
Department of Urology, Ishikawa Prefectural Central Hospital, 2 1 Kuratsukihigashi, Kanazawa, Ishikawa, Japan
J Infect Chemother 14:40-3. 2008We investigated the incidence and characteristics of acute bacterial prostatitis after transrectal prostate biopsy, based on urine and blood cultures, treatment method, and outcome...
- Gonorrhea, syphilis, clinical prostatitis, and the risk of prostate cancerSiobhan Sutcliffe
Department of Epidemiology, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, Room E6138, 615 North Wolfe Street, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 15:2160-6. 2006Although previous case-control studies have observed positive associations among gonorrhea, syphilis, clinical prostatitis, and prostate cancer, many may have been susceptible to recall and interviewer biases due to their retrospective ..
- Conventional bacteriology in prostatitis patients: microbiological bias, problems and epidemiology on 1686 microbial isolatesSandra Mazzoli
STDs Center, Santa Maria Annunziata Hospital, Florence, Italy
Arch Ital Urol Androl 79:71-5. 2007b>Prostatitis is one of the most common illnesses in men aged < or = 50 with different clinical presentation such as pelvic pain, Lower Urinary Tract Symptoms or sexual disfunction...
- Studies on antibacterial, anti-inflammatory and antioxidant activity of herbal remedies used in the treatment of benign prostatic hyperplasia and prostatitisV Steenkamp
Department of Urology, Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Pretoria, South Africa
J Ethnopharmacol 103:71-5. 2006..remedies reported in the literature for traditional treatment of benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) and/or prostatitis were investigated for their effect on hydroxyl scavenging activity, antibacterial activity and their ability to ..
- Clinical significance of nontraditional bacterial uropathogens in the management of chronic prostatitisJ Curtis Nickel
Department of Urology, Queen s University, Kingston, Ontario, Canada
J Urol 179:1391-5. 2008We compared the clinical benefits of eradicating traditional accepted uropathogens and nontraditional uropathogens (gram-positive bacteria other than enterococci) in prostate specific specimens in men with clinical prostatitis.
- High frequency of chronic bacterial and non-inflammatory prostatitis in infertile patients with prostatitis syndrome plus irritable bowel syndromeEnzo Vicari
Section of Endocrinology, Andrology and Internal Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine and Systemic Diseases, University of Catania, Catania, Italy
PLoS ONE 6:e18647. 2011Although prostatitis syndrome (PS) and irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) are common disorders, information on the prevalence of IBS in infertile patients with PS is relatively scanty...
- Epidemiology of prostatitis: new evidence for a world-wide problemJohn N Krieger
Department of Urology, University of Washington School of Medicine, VAPSHCS 112 GU, 1600 South Columbian Way, Seattle, WA 98108, USA
World J Urol 21:70-4. 2003We review new data on the epidemiology of chronic prostatitis. These population-based studies used reasonable case-definitions to survey various populations from North America, Europe and Asia...
- Serum prostate-specific antigen levels in Middle Eastern men with subclinical prostatitisJ T Anim
Department of Pathology, Faculty of Medicine, Kuwait University, Kuwait
Med Princ Pract 16:53-8. 2007To investigate the influence of subclinical or histologically diagnosed prostatitis on serum prostate-specific antigen (PSA) in patients investigated for prostatic disease in Kuwait.
- Quality of life and psychological factors in chronic prostatitis/chronic pelvic pain syndromeJa Hyeon Ku
Department of Urology, Seoul Veterans Hospital, Seoul, Korea
Urology 66:693-701. 2005
- A prospective, 1-year trial using saw palmetto versus finasteride in the treatment of category III prostatitis/chronic pelvic pain syndromeSteven A Kaplan
Department of Urology, College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia University, New York, New York 10032, USA
J Urol 171:284-8. 2004This study was designed to assess the safety and efficacy of saw palmetto or finasteride in men with category III prostatitis/chronic pelvic pain syndrome (CP/CPPS).
- Association between chronic prostatitis/chronic pelvic pain syndrome and anxiety disorder: a population-based studyShiu Dong Chung
Division of Urology, Department of Surgery, Far Eastern Memorial Hospital, New Taipei City, Taiwan
PLoS ONE 8:e64630. 2013This case-control study utilized a population-based dataset to examine the association of chronic prostatitis/chronic pelvic pain syndrome (CP/CPPS) with prior anxiety disorder (AD) by comparing the risk of prior AD between subjects with ..
- Recommendations for the evaluation of patients with prostatitisJ Curtis Nickel
Department of Urology, Queen s University, Kingston General Hospital, Kingston, ON K7L 2V7, Canada
World J Urol 21:75-81. 2003b>Prostatitis is a prevalent, confusing and frustrating clinical presentation for urologists. Three recent international and North American consensus meetings have drafted suggestions for the evaluation of a man presenting with prostatitis...
- Fluoroquinolone-macrolide combination therapy for chronic bacterial prostatitis: retrospective analysis of pathogen eradication rates, inflammatory findings and sexual dysfunctionVittorio Magri
Urology and Sonography Secondary Care Clinic, Azienda Ospedaliera Istituti Clinici di Perfezionamento, Milano 20132, Italy
Asian J Androl 13:819-27. 2011..the safety and efficacy of fluoroquinolone-macrolide combination therapy in category II chronic bacterial prostatitis (CBP)...
- Prostatein or steroid binding protein (PSBP) induces experimental autoimmune prostatitis (EAP) in NOD miceVirginia Rivero
Departamento de Bioquimica Clinica, Facultad de Ciencias Quimicas, Universidad Nacional de Cordoba, Cordoba, Argentina
Clin Immunol 105:176-84. 2002..both spontaneous and induced autoimmune lesions, are susceptible to the induction of experimental autoimmune prostatitis (EAP), developing a severe inflammatory reaction in the prostate, accompanied by humoral and T-cell-mediated ..
- Role of mepartricin in category III chronic nonbacterial prostatitis/chronic pelvic pain syndrome: a randomized prospective placebo-controlled trialAldo Franco De Rose
Luciano Giuliani Urology Department, University of Genoa, Genoa, Italy
Urology 63:13-6. 2004..efficacy of mepartricin versus placebo with regard to symptom improvement in patients with chronic nonbacterial prostatitis/chronic pelvic pain syndrome (CPPS) and to verify a relation between hormonal levels and clinical improvement ..
- Symptoms and inflammation in chronic prostatitis/chronic pelvic pain syndromeJohn N Krieger
Department of Urology, School of Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington, USA
Urology 60:959-63. 2002To evaluate the possibility that patients with inflammatory and noninflammatory chronic prostatitis/chronic pelvic pain syndrome (CP/CPPS) might present with different symptoms...
- Prostatitis-like symptoms: one year laterJ C Nickel
Department of Urology, Queen s University, Kingston, Ontario, Canada
BJU Int 90:678-81. 2002..as having perineal and/or ejaculatory pain/discomfort severe enough to suggest a clinical diagnosis of chronic prostatitis (using the National Institutes of Health-Chronic Prostatitis Symptom Index, NIH-CPSI), and to compare them with ..
- Prostatitis, interstitial cystitis, chronic pelvic pain, and urethral syndrome share a common pathophysiology: lower urinary dysfunctional epithelium and potassium recyclingC Lowell Parsons
Division of Urology, Department of Surgery, University of California, San Diego, Medical Center, 92103 8897, USA
Urology 62:976-82. 2003
- Quercetin for chronic prostatitis/chronic pelvic pain syndromeDaniel A Shoskes
Department of Urology, Glickman Urological and Kidney Institute, Cleveland Clinic, Desk Q10 1, 9500 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Urol Clin North Am 38:279-84. 2011Chronic prostatitis/chronic pelvic pain syndrome (CP/CPPS) is a common condition with a heterogeneous origin that responds best to multimodal therapy...
- VIRULENCE FACTORS OF CHLAMYDIAEPRISCILLA WYRICK; Fiscal Year: 2009..in the USA and worldwide, of bacterially acquired sexually transmitted diseases and their sequelae, including prostatitis, epididymitis, pelvic inflammatory disease, ectopic pregnancy and sterility...
- Advanced Nitric Oxide Release Bactericidal Urinary CathetersMark E Meyerhoff; Fiscal Year: 2013..28 days, 100% long term) leading to complications such as cystitis, pyelonephritis, gram-negative bacteremia, prostatitis, epididymitis, urosepsis, septicemia, orchitis, endocarditis, vertebral osteomyelitis, septic arthritis, ..
- Rho-Modifying Cytotoxic Necrotizing Factor of E. coliALISON DAVIS O'BRIEN; Fiscal Year: 2013..e., cystitis or pyelonephritis, or acute prostatitis. In fact, the cnf1 locus and a hly operon are co-transcribed and co-regulated from a prototypic uropathogenic E...
- FUNCTION OF THE ENTERIC NERVOUS SYSTEMJACKIE WOOD; Fiscal Year: 2013..g., interstitial cystitis, prostatitis, vulvodynia and fibromyalgia)...
- Cholesterol and Prostate HealthMichael R Freeman; Fiscal Year: 2013..applicant): The origin of benign prostatic disease, such as benign prostatic hyperperplasia (BPH) and chronic prostatitis/chronic pelvic pain syndrome (CP/CPPS), is poorly understood...
- Development of Nonhuman Primate Models for PSA Biology StudiesJAMES NKAMBWE MUBIRU; Fiscal Year: 2013Common prostatic diseases include prostate cancer, benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) and prostatitis. These diseases are a cause of significant mortality and morbidity...
- Mapping serotonin receptors in lower urinary tract innervationE Michelle Southard-Smith; Fiscal Year: 2013..floor is a defining feature of chronic pelvic pain syndromes including Interstitial Cystitis and Chronic Prostatitis. The causative pathology of these disorders is not known despite efforts to identify disease markers...
- Multi-Disciplinary Evaluation of Chronic Pelvic Pain SyndromeGERALD LOUIS ANDRIOLE; Fiscal Year: 2012..Our understanding of (UCPPS) such as interstitial cystitis/painful bladder syndrome (IC/PBS) and chronic prostatitis/chronic pelvic pain syndrome, (CP/CPPS) is poor...
- Energy Balance-Related Hormones &Prostate Cancer Incidence &ProgressionEdward Giovannucci; Fiscal Year: 2012..to SNS activity that disassociates high energy intake from weight gain and which is associated with chronic prostatitis/chronic pelvic pain syndrome prostatitis are at increased risk of prostate cancer...
- A Novel Surface Sensing Pathway in Proteus mirabilisPhilip N Rather; Fiscal Year: 2013DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Urinary tract infections, including prostatitis and infectious urinary stones, affect a large percentage of our veteran population...
- Initiation and Regulation of Chronic Autoimmune Prostate InflammationTimothy L Ratliff; Fiscal Year: 2013..non-bacterial inflammation of the prostate is associated with multiple prostate diseases including chronic prostatitis-chronic pelvic pain syndrome (CP-CPPS), benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH), and prostate cancer...
- Glycoproteins and Glycan-Binding IgGs: Biomarkers for Cancer and Inflammatory DiHyesook Kim; Fiscal Year: 2013..from cancer-free individuals had PSA levels higher than 4 ng/ml (false PSA positives) probably due to BPH or prostatitis. Moreover, ~75% of biopsy samples of individuals with PSA levels between 4 - 10 ng/ml were tumor negative...
- Role of Inflammation and Epigenetics in Benign Prostate PathologyCharles J Bieberich; Fiscal Year: 2012..provided by applicant): Lower urinary tract symptoms associated with benign prostatic hyperplasia and prostatitis have a profound impact on quality of life...
- Auto-antibody plus PSA assay for patients with prostate cancerGang Zeng; Fiscal Year: 2010..Serum sample from 75 subjects in each cohort of healthy donors, BPH patients, patients with prostatitis as well as prostate cancer patients will be available for the proposed study...
- Advancing research on the sexually transmitted female 'nuisance' pathogen TrichomJane Carlton; Fiscal Year: 2010..parasite resides in the urogenital tract of both sexes and can cause vaginitis in women and urethritis and prostatitis in men...
- Chemokine Mechanisms in Chronic Pelvic PainPraveen Thumbikat; Fiscal Year: 2013..pelvic pain is the hallmark of patients with chronic pelvic pain syndrome (CPPS), a non- bacterial category of prostatitis that is a significant source of morbidity in American men...
- PROSAPOSIN, A NOVEL INFLAMMATORY RESPONSE FACTOR FOR PROSTATE CANCER PROGRESSIONShahriar Koochekpour; Fiscal Year: 2011..Chronic prostatitis, triggered by an infectious process, has been suggested as a promoter of prostate carcinogenesis and prostate ..
- T cells in Chronic Pelvic PainPraveen Thumbikat; Fiscal Year: 2013DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Chronic pelvic pain is the hallmark of patients with Chronic prostatitis/chronic pelvic pain syndrome (CP/CPPS), a category of prostatitis that is a significant source of morbidity in American men...
- Urinary Biomarkers of Lower Urinary Traxct Symptoms (LUTS) in MenWADE A BUSHMAN; Fiscal Year: 2013..comparative studies to identify biomarker similarities among human LUTS patients, mice with bacterial prostatitis, and mice with hormone-induced urinary obstruction...
- Sensory Sensitivity and Urinary Symptoms in the Female PopulationBarbara D Reed; Fiscal Year: 2011..used to describe these symptoms include interstitial cystitis (IC), painful bladder syndrome (PBS), chronic prostatitis, and overactive bladder (OAB), but there is tremendous overlap between these entities, and the distinction ..
- Limited Competition of the MAPP Research Network Data Coordinating Core (U01)J Richard Landis; Fiscal Year: 2013..org), 6 including urology co-investigators with extensive expertise in chronic pelvic pain, chronic 7 prostatitis, and interstitial cystitis...
- Alternative Therapies for BPH, Multiethnic VariabilitySteven A Kaplan; Fiscal Year: 2010..Erectile and ejaculatory function, ICSmale Incontinence scale, Jenkins Sleep Dysfunction scale and NIH Chronic Prostatitis Symptom Index;and to assess the impact of the assigned treatments on conhplete blood counts and basic blood ..
- Prostatitis and Prostate Cancer DevelopmentLawrence Fong; Fiscal Year: 2013DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Prostatitis and prostate cancer are extremely common diseases in men, but the relationship between these two diseases is unknown...
- Interactive Mechanisms of Pelvic PainDavid J Klumpp; Fiscal Year: 2012..KEY ABBREVIATIONS SCPP = Syndromes of Chronic Pelvic Pain UCPPS = Urological Chronic Pelvic Pain Syndromes IBS = Irritable Bowel Syndrome CP = Chronic Prostatitis
- Role of TRPA1 &TRPV1 in pain and voiding symptoms in a new mouse CP/CPPS modelCharles J Bieberich; Fiscal Year: 2013DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Chronic prostatitis/chronic pelvic pain syndrome (CP/CPPS) affects as many as 16% of men and has enormous quality of life and economic consequences...
- Intravesical Drug Delivery DeviceMichael J Cima; Fiscal Year: 2010..diseases such as overactive bladder (OAB), interstitial cystitis/painful bladder syndrome (IC/PBS), chronic prostatitis/chronic pelvic pain syndrome (CP/CPPS), and superficial bladder cancer...
- Role of Pattern Recognition Receptors in Prostate Epithelial InflammationPraveen Thumbikat; Fiscal Year: 2013..coli. In vitro culture models and a novel in vivo murine bacterial prostatitis model will be used...
- Anti-GM1b IgM for Detection of Localized Prostate CancerMepur Ravindranath; Fiscal Year: 2005..Moreover, benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) and prostatitis can falsely elevate serum PSA...
- REGULATION OF E-SELECTIN DURING ACUTE INFLAMMATIONKevin Billups; Fiscal Year: 1999..Examples of specific disorders include: pyelonephritis, cystitis, epididymitis, orchitis, and prostatitis. In addition to acute infectious etiologies, it is becoming increasingly clear that ischemia/reperfusion injury ..
- Interstitial Cystitis Clinical Research NetworkChristopher Payne; Fiscal Year: 2007..group at Stanford will work in parallel with the centers conducting trials for investigation of chronic prostatitis. A simultaneous application for that effort is being submitted. This is a critical juncture for IC research...
- CHRONIC PROSTATITIS COLLABORATIVE CLINICAL RESEARCHAnthony Schaeffer; Fiscal Year: 1999DESCRIPTION (Taken from the applicant's Abstract) Chronic Prostatitis/Chronic Pelvic Pain Syndrome (CPPS) affects men of all ages. Cytokines are important inflammatory mediators...
- CHRONIC PROSTATITIS CLINICAL RESEARCH CENTERMichel Pontari; Fiscal Year: 1999..to validate survey and laboratory diagnostic tools for clinical study protocols of men with category III prostatitis. This is a proposal to be chosen as one of the clinical centers carrying out these studies...
- Healing Chronic Wounds by Controlling Microbial BiofilmPhilip Stewart; Fiscal Year: 2009..Furthermore, the results of this research may impact the treatment of other biofilm-related diseases, such as osteomyelitis, endocarditis, prostatitis, otitis media, and sinusitis.
- MR Based Molecular Imaging of Prostate CancerJohn Kurhanewicz; Fiscal Year: 2009..increasing Gleason score, prostatic intraepithelial neoplasia (PIN), prostatic inflammatory atrophy (PIA) and prostatitis. (2) The dramatic decreases in prostate citrate levels with prostate cancer evolution, progression, and in ..
- ATRAZINE: IMPACT ON ENVIRONMENTAL AND PUBLIC HEALTHTyrone Hayes; Fiscal Year: 2004..Several studies have suggested that atrazine induces mammary tumors, prostate cancer, and prostatitis in rodents in addition to other adverse effects on reproduction...
- BIOSTATISTICS SUPPORT CENTER FOR CHRONIC PROSTATITISJ Landis; Fiscal Year: 2000..University of Pennsylvania Medical Center to serve as the Biostatistics Support Center (BSC) for the Chronic Prostatitis Clinical Research Group (CPCRG)...
- PROGRESSION OF BPH ON MEDICAL THERAPYSteven Kaplan; Fiscal Year: 2001..various forms of BPH resulting in different rates of progression and differential response to therapy? and, E) whether concomitant prostate conditions such as cancer or prostatitis are effected by pharmacologic intervention for BPH?
- CHRONIC PROSTATITIS COLLABORATIVE CLINICAL RESEARCH STUDMark Litwin; Fiscal Year: 1999DESCRIPTION (Taken from the applicant's Abstract) Chronic non-infectious prostatitis or chronic pelvic pain syndrome (CPPS) represents one of the greatest challenges in clinical medicine...
- IMMUNOLOGIC THERAPY OF PROSTATE CANCERGurkamal Chatta; Fiscal Year: 2001..Others have shown that immunizing rodents to homogenate prostate tissue can induce T cell mediated autoimmune prostatitis. However, the target antigens are unknown, and the autoimmunity has been observed to be self limited...
- MULTISPECTRAL BACTERIAL IDENTIFICATIONSTEVEN ROBLES; Fiscal Year: 2002..Using this integrated identification protocol, bacteria that may be associated with chronic conditions (e.g., prostatitis and vaginosis) will be identified first by analyzing their 16S rDNA sequences and then by visualizing them with ..
- ACTIVATION OF PROSTATE SPECIFIC ANTIGEN PRECURSORThomas Takayama; Fiscal Year: 2000..bradykinin stimulates inflammatory response, there may be a potential role of PSA in the pathogenesis of prostatitis. Our hypothesis therefore, is that PSA, and other serine proteases of the prostate, may be involved in the ..
- Effects of Stretch on IC and Normal UrotheliaToby Chai; Fiscal Year: 2005..2. Male patients with chronic non-bacterial prostatitis (prostatitis class III or chronic pelvic pain syndrome, CPPS) and NISC have post-hydrodistention glomerulations ..
- CHARACTERIZATION & TREATMENT OF CATEGORY III PROSTATITISJ Nickel; Fiscal Year: 1999DESCRIPTION (Taken from the applicant's Abstract) Characterization and Treatment of Category III Prostatitis Background: Chronic abacterial prostatitis and prostatodynia (NIH Category III), remains a frustrating enigma for North American ..
- CHRONIC PROSTATITIS COLLABORATIVE CLINICAL STUDIESRichard Alexander; Fiscal Year: 1999DESCRIPTION (Taken from the applicant's Abstract) Chronic non-bacterial prostatitis is perhaps the most common diagnosis of men in the United States who seek the care of a urologist, yet almost nothing is known about the etiology of the ..
- Interstitial Cystitis Clinical Research NetworkDavid Burks; Fiscal Year: 2007..The ICCRN will work in collaboration with the Chronic Prostatitis Clinical Research Network to investigate interstitial cystitis as a subset of chronic pelvic pain disorders of ..
- Interstitial Cystitis Clinical Research Network (ICCRN)Karl Kreder; Fiscal Year: 2007..will participate in the Urologic-Chronic Pelvic Pain Syndromes Collaborative Group to conduct trials in chronic prostatitis. A concept protocol using low dose BCG and interferon-alpha(alpha) is included in this proposal...
- Interstitial Cystitis Clinical Research Network (ICCRN)Grannum Sant; Fiscal Year: 2003..e) coordinate protocol development and clinical outcomes analyses with the Chronic Prostatitis Clinical Research Network (CPCRN) under the umbrella of the Urological Chronic Pain Syndromes Collaborative ..
- BIOFEEDBACK SYSTEM FOR URINARY AND FECAL INCONTINENCEEDWARD MC GOWAN; Fiscal Year: 1992..3. Develop other applications, such as : Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Prostatitis, and Sexual Function for this system...
- Chronic Prostatitis Collaborative Clinical TrialsMary McNaughton Collins; Fiscal Year: 2007..General Hospital (MGH) / Harvard Medical School to become one of the Clinical Centers of the Chronic Prostatitis Collaborative Research Network (CPCRN) to develop and conduct randomized clinical trials for evaluating novel ..
- CHARACTERIZATION & TREATMENT OF CATEGORY III PROSTATITISJ Nickel; Fiscal Year: 2003DESCRIPTION (Taken from the applicant's Abstract) Characterization and Treatment of Category III Prostatitis Background: Chronic abacterial prostatitis and prostatodynia (NIH Category III), remains a frustrating enigma for North American ..
- Interstitial Cystitis Clinical Research Network (ICCRN)J Nickel; Fiscal Year: 2007..The interstitial cystitis research group is closely affiliated with the Queen's University Prostatitis Research Group (PI Dr. J.C. Nickel) which is collaborating in the NIH CPCRN (including CPCRN RCT#1)...
- CHRONIC PROSTATITIS COLLABORATIVE CLINICAL STUDIESMICHAEL O LEARY; Fiscal Year: 1999..This proposal describes an integrated, multidisciplinary and collaborative approach to studying chronic prostatitis/chronic pelvic pain syndrome (CP/CPPS), a common yet poorly understood condition, in a spectrum of men from ..
- Chronic Prostatitis Collaborative Research Network CPCRNJ Nickel; Fiscal Year: 2007..The Queen's University Prostatitis Research Group was established under the directorship of Dr. J...
- Becoming a member of the CPCRN-for prostatitisRichard Berger; Fiscal Year: 2005..manner; (3) develop and conduct ancillary studies, which will provide further understanding of chronic prostatitis. Subjects will be recruited from the practice of Dr...
- MECHANISMS OF CHRONIC PROSTATITISDon Kreutzer; Fiscal Year: 2000..is known about the existence and role of T lymphocytes, mast cells and their products in non bacterial chronic prostatitis (NBCP)...
- Data Coordinating Center for CPCRN and ICCRNJ Landis; Fiscal Year: 2007..at the University of Pennsylvania Medical Center to serve as the Data Coordinating Center (DCC) for the Chronic Prostatitis Collaborative Research Network (CPCRN) and the Interstitial Cystitis Clinical Research Network (ICCRN)...
- Biomarkers for prostate cancer risk assessmentSrinivasa Nagalla; Fiscal Year: 2006..PSA levels that are due to factors other than prostate cancer, such as benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH), prostatitis, etc...
- REGULATORY MECHANISMS OF PROSTATE TUMOR PROGRESSIONWarren Heston; Fiscal Year: 2002Abnormal conditions or the prostate constitute a major medical problem in the United States. Prostatitis, benign enlargement (BPH), and malignant growth of the prostate (CaP), will effect the lives of most men over the age of 50...
- Diagnostic Challenges in IC (and Male CPPS)Jordan Dimitrakov; Fiscal Year: 2007The etiology and pathogenesis of interstitial cystitis (IC) and its related condition in men, chronic prostatitis/chronic pelvic pain syndrome (CP/CPPS) has remained elusive...
- Chronic Prostatitis Collaborative Research NetworkMichel Pontari; Fiscal Year: 2007..to develop and conduct randomized clinical trials to evaluate novel therapies in patients with category III prostatitis. The research group will conduct ancillary studies to investigate the etiology and pathogenesis of chronic ..
- Urological Studies of Ideopathic Lower Tract SyndromeJOHN KRIEGER; Fiscal Year: 2005b>Prostatitis syndromes cause major morbidity with a 10 percent prevalence among adult men. This project focuses on the most common category, chromc prostatitis/chronic pelvic pain syndrome (CP/CPPS)...
- UW/USM Chronic Prostatitis CRCJOHN KRIEGER; Fiscal Year: 2007b>Prostatitis is a chronic, disabling condition affecting untold numbers of men of all ages and ethnic origins. We will participate in the Chronic Prostatitis Collaborative Research Network (CPCRN)...
- MALE GENITAL TRACT RESERVOIRS AND VIRAL SHEDDINGJOHN KRIEGER; Fiscal Year: 2004..Thus, controlling one genital tract virus may limit viral-viral interactions, reduce the viral burden in semen, and decrease the sexual transmission of other viruses. ..