Genomes and Genes
male genital neoplasms
Summary: Neoplasms of the male genitalia.
Publications190 found, 100 shown here
- Cystadenoma of the seminal vesicleChoong Bum Lee
Department of Urology, St Vincent Hospital, College of Medicine, The Catholic University of Korea, Suwon, Korea
Int J Urol 13:1138-40. 2006..However, benign tumors of the seminal vesicle are extremely rare. We report a case of a cystadenomas of the seminal vesicles in a 46-year-old asymptomatic man, which was detected incidentally by computed tomography...
- [A case of intrascrotal schwannoma]Futoshi Matsui
Department of Urology, Nagano Red Cross Hospital
Hinyokika Kiyo 48:749-51. 2002..Tumor resection was performed. The tumor was 13 x 7.5 x 3.0 cm in size and 285 g in weight. Histological diagnosis was schwannoma. To our knowledge, the case was considered as the sixth reported in Japan...
- The presence of HPV types 6/11, 16/18, 31/33/51 in Bowenoid papulosis demonstrated by DNA in situ hybridizationS Pala
STD Centre, Dermatology and Venereology Institute, University of Rome La Sapienza, Italy
Int J STD AIDS 11:823-4. 2000..We report a case of BP with some particular aspects: (1) misdiagnosis of the disease for 2 years; (2) contemporaneous presence of different types of HPV...
- Cystadenoma of the seminal vesicle: report of a case with ultrastructural findingsL D Santos
Department of Anatomical Pathology, Liverpool Hospital, NSW, Australia
Pathology 33:399-402. 2001..The purpose of this paper is to report an unusual case of cystadenoma of the seminal vesicle and review the 10 previously reported cases in the English literature...
- A rare case of benign fibroepithelial tumor of the seminal vesicleGianpaolo R Zanetti
Institute of Urology, IRCCS Ospedale Maggiore di Milano, Italy
Arch Ital Urol Androl 75:164-5. 2003..Histological examination of tumor revealed two distinct components: epithelial and stromal. We consider the term fibroadenoma more appropriate than cystoadenoma, because the stroma is not reactive but a distinct neoplastic component...
- Phyllodes tumor of the seminal vesicle: case report and literature reviewHyun Jin Son
Department of Pathology, Chonbuk National University Medical School, 634 18 Keumam dong, Dukjin Gu, Jeonju, Chonbuk 561 712, Korea
Pathol Int 54:924-9. 2004..A combination of stromal cellularity, atypia and mitosis might be used for the histological grading, and a prostatic origin might be excluded by the location of the primary lesion itself and by the failure to show PSA...
- Ectopic pheochromocytoma arising in the spermatic cord 5 years after removal of bilateral carotid body tumors and adrenal pheochromocytomasT Abe
Department of Urology, Abashiri Kosei Hospital, Japan
Int J Urol 7:110-1. 2000..This is thought to be the first case of pheochromocytoma of the spermatic cord in a setting of multiplicity...
- Phaeochromocytoma of the spermatic cordI E Young
Department of General Surgery, Eastern General Hospital, Edinburgh, UK
J Clin Pathol 52:305-6. 1999..A small tumour may be asymptomatic because insufficient catecholamines are secreted to cause haemodynamic disturbance...
- The persistent risk of genital tumors among men treated with psoralen plus ultraviolet A (PUVA) for psoriasisRobert S Stern
Department of Dermatology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, 330 Brookline Avenue, Boston, MA 02215, USA
J Am Acad Dermatol 47:33-9. 2002..Since that time, fewer cohort patients have used PUVA, and genital protection among PUVA users is likely to be frequent...
- Cystosarcoma phyllodes of the seminal vesicleHiroyuki Abe
Department of Urology, Chiba Hokuso Hospital, Nippon Medical School, Chiba, Japan
Int J Urol 9:599-601. 2002..We report here an extremely rare case of cystosarcoma phyllodes of the seminal vesicle...
- Primary scrotal cancer: disease characteristics and increasing incidenceJonathan L Wright
Department of Urology, University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, Washington 98195, USA
Urology 72:1139-43. 2008..Using a population-based cancer registry, we describe the demographic and pathologic characteristics of scrotal cancer and report the incidence trends over time...
- Spindle cell lipoma of the spermatic cordMohammed Al Rashid
Department of Urology, Assir Central Hospital, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Saudi Med J 25:667-8. 2004
- Inguinal cord lipomasS Carilli
General Surgery Department, VKF American Hospital, 80200, Istanbul, Turkey
Hernia 8:252-4. 2004..We believe that even if there is no peritoneal sac, the herniation of extraperitoneal fat through the inguinal canal should be counted as an inguinal hernia, and it requires treatment...
- [Liposarcoma of the spermatic cord--report of one new case and review of the literature]M May
Klinik für Urologie, Carl Thiem Klinikum Cottbus
Aktuelle Urol 35:130-3. 2004..Retroperitoneal lymphadenectomy does not offer any additional therapeutic benefit, and the role of chemotherapy is not well defined. Regardless of initial therapy, the risk of local recurrence always necessitates long-term followup...
- Primary paratesticular adult ganglioneuromaNick P Pardalidis
Department of Urology, Hellenic Airforce and Veterans Affairs Hospital, Athens, Greece
Urology 63:584-5. 2004..We report the first case of a primary, adult paratesticular ganglioneuroma that presented as a paratesticular mass. The patient underwent surgical intervention for diagnostic and therapeutic purposes...
- A case of polypoid clear cell acanthoma on the scrotumHiroshi Kawaguchi
Department of Dermatology, National Sagamihara Hospital, Sakuradai, Sagamihara, Japan
J Dermatol 31:236-8. 2004..There has been no previous report of polypoid clear cell acanthoma in Japan, and only a few reports from the rest of the world. In addition, clear cell acanthoma arising on the scrotum is particularly unusual...
- Paratesticular rhabdomyoma in a young adult: case study and review of the literatureBenjamin Davies
Division of Pediatric Urology, Children s Hospital of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
J Pediatr Surg 42:E5-7. 2007..We report the first case of a locally invasive paratesticular rhabdomyoma in a 17-year-old male teenager who presented with chronic scrotal pain. We further review the current literature of this rare tumor...
- [Consults by scrotum mass: epididymo lesions]P Serrano Frago
Servicio de Urologia, Hospital Universitario Miguel Server, Zaragoza
Actas Urol Esp 31:420-2. 2007....
- [Scrotal masses]A Karl
Urologische Klinik und Poliklinik, Klinikum Grosshadern, LMU Munchen
MMW Fortschr Med 149:44-8; quiz 49. 2007..Immediate treatment of a testicular tumor is of decisive importance for the patient's prognosis...
- Solitary neurofibroma of the spermatic cordCharalampos Deliveliotis
Department of Urology, Sismanoglio Hospital, Medical School of Kapodistrian, University of Athens, Greece
Int Urol Nephrol 34:373-5. 2002..Only a little number of solitary neurofibromas of the spermatic cord are reported in the literature...
- Scrotal aggressive angiomyxoma mimicking inguinal herniaChia Chang Wu
Asian J Androl 9:723-5. 2007
- Adult paratesticular malignant fibrous histiocytoma treated with surgery, systemic chemotherapy and postoperative adjuvant radiotherapyGilbert D A Padula
Radiation Oncology, Lacks Cancer Center, Saint Mary s Health Care, 200 Jefferson St, Grand Rapids, Michigan 49503, USA
J Cancer Res Ther 2:201-2. 2006..We present here a case of a 57-year-old man with a diagnosis of high-grade malignant fibrous histiocytoma of the left intrascrotal region who underwent radical orchiectomy, systemic chemotherapy and postoperative radiotherapy...
- Liposarcoma with meningothelial-like whorls. Report of four cases showing diverse histologic findings and behaviorSe Hoon Kim
Department of Pathology, Yonsei University College of Medicine, 134 Shinchon dong, Seodaemun gu, Seoul 120 752, Korea
Yonsei Med J 44:392-400. 2003....
- Malignant ectomesenchymoma: genetic profile reflects rhabdomyosarcomatous differentiationGiuseppe Floris
Laboratory for Morphology and Molecular Pathology, University of Leuven, Belgium
Diagn Mol Pathol 16:243-8. 2007..This finding supports the oncogenic properties of the HMGA family of proteins and their role in the process of malignant transformation...
- Primary paratesticular epithelioid leiomyosarcomaA Ptochos
Department of Urology, Agios Dimitrios General Hospital, Thessaloniki, Greece
Urol Int 70:321-3. 2003..A final diagnosis of paratesticular epithelioid leiomyosarcoma was made. 13 months after treatment he is alive without any signs of tumor recurrence or metastasis...
- Continuing problems with classifications of vascular malformationsStuart C Morrison
Pediatr Radiol 37:609. 2007
- Sonographic features of spermatic cord leiomyosarcomaMustafa Secil
Department of Radiology, Dokuz Eylul University Faculty of Medicine, Inciralti, Izmir, Turkey
J Ultrasound Med 23:973-6; quiz 977-8. 2004
- Adult paratesticular myxofibrosarcoma: report of a rare entity and review of the literatureBurak Ozkan
Department of Urology, University of Istanbul Cerrahpasa School of Medicine, Istanbul, Turkey
Int Urol Nephrol 38:5-7. 2006..Complete surgical resection is the only curative treatment modality in the treatment of these low grade tumors. Adjuvant chemotherapy or radiotherapy are not recommended for paratesticular myxofibrosarcomas...
- Tubercular scrotal diseaseKim R Geisinger
Acta Cytol 50:241-2. 2006
- Proximal type epithelioid sarcoma of the scrotum: a source of diagnostic confusion that needs immediate attentionFikret Fatih Onol
Marmara University School of Medicine, Department of Urology, Turkey
Eur Urol 49:406-7. 2006..Its prognostic factors also have not yet been fully investigated. We herein report a case of metastatic proximal-type epithelioid sarcoma arising from the scrotum of a 50-year-old man managed by radical surgery and adjuvant chemotherapy...
- [Local recurrence of spermatic cord liposarcoma: a case report]Takahiro Yoshida
Department of Urology, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine
Hinyokika Kiyo 52:581-4. 2006..Ten cases of recurrent spermatic cord liposarcoma, including the present case, have been reported in Japan. Because of the possibility of local recurrence, spermatic cord liposarcoma needs strict and long-term follow up...
- Extramammary Paget's disease: a report of 2 cases and a review of the literatureJoon Joon Khoo
Department of Pathology, Sultanah Aminah Hospital, Johor Bahru, Malaysia
Malays J Pathol 25:73-8. 2003..Even then, recurrences are high for this disease and long term follow-up is advocated...
- Angiomyofibroblastoma-like tumors (cellular angiofibroma)Benjamin K Canales
Department of Urology, University of Minnesota, and VA Medical Center, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55455 0392, USA
Int J Urol 13:177-9. 2006..Recommended treatment is complete surgical excision with long-term follow up exams, as local recurrence may occur many years after resection of the lesion...
- [Spermatic cord liposarcoma. Association with prostate cancer. Report of a case and review of literature]C Muller Arteaga
Servicio de Urologia, Hospital Clinico Universitario de Valladolid
Actas Urol Esp 29:700-3. 2005..We discuss clinical and pathologic behaviour of this lesions and diagnosis and treatment options...
- Laparoscopic resection of metastatic pelvic liposarcomaHong B Shim
Department of Urology, Seoul Veterans Hospital, Seoul, Korea
Int Braz J Urol 32:445-7. 2006..To our knowledge, no case of laparoscopic resection for the recurrent liposarcoma has been described. In addition, the present case serves to demonstrate that radical orchiectomy with wide excision is needed for paratesticular tumor...
- Leiomyoma of the epididymis: a case reportHsin Chih Yeh
Department of Urology, Kaohsiung Medical University Hospital, Kaohsiung, Taiwan
Kaohsiung J Med Sci 22:519-23. 2006..The leiomyoma was definitively diagnosed by subsequent histopathologic analysis. The details of this rare case are reported herein with a review of the medical literature...
- [Scrotal lymphangioma--a rare cause of acute scrotal pain in childhood]A Hacker
Urologische Klinik, Klinikum Mannheim gGmbH
Aktuelle Urol 37:445-8; quiz 421-2. 2006..Scrotal lymphangioma is a rare differential diagnosis in boys with acute scrotal pain...
- Giant condylomata accuminata of scrotum representing as carcinoma (a case report)Ahmet Metin
Urology Clinics of Abant Izzet Baysal School of Medicine, Bolu, Turkey
Int Urol Nephrol 38:659-61. 2006..A wide surgical resection of the lesion was done with the hystopathologic diagnosis of condyloma accuminata. He was followed for 12 months with satisfactory functional and cosmetic result with no recurrence with the time being...
- [Color Doppler in differential diagnosis of scrotal mass]Shu Jun Wu
Department of Functional Examination, Wuxi No 2 People s Hospital, Wuxi, Jiangsu 214002, China
Zhonghua Nan Ke Xue 12:927-9. 2006..To evaluate the differential diagnosis of scrotal mass with color Doppler ultrasound...
- Malignant fibrous histiocytoma of the spermatic cord: a case report and review of the literatureM M Shoja
Department of Anatomical Sciences, University of Medical Sciences, Tabriz, Iran
Folia Morphol (Warsz) 65:390-5. 2006..The morphological findings of the spermatic tumour are presented and the literature is reviewed to clarify the potential diagnostic/therapeutic approaches and the prognosis related to spermatic cord MFH...
- Aggressive fibromatosis in the urological system. Report of two adult patients and review of the literatureBenkang Shi
Department of Urology, Qilu Hospital, Shandong University, Jinan, China
Urol Int 78:93-6. 2007..We report 2 cases of AF in the bladder and scrotum, and provide a review of similar published cases...
- Rapidly growing adenomatoid tumor extending into testicular parenchyma mimics testicular carcinomaKaren Evans
Department of Urology, Madigan Army Medical Center, Tacoma, WA 98431 1100, USA
Urology 64:589. 2004..In hindsight, the tumor's unique pattern of extension into the adjacent testicular parenchyma confounded the preoperative diagnosis...
- [Well-differentiated inflammatory liposarcoma occurring in the scrotum: a case report]Harutake Sawazaki
Department of Urology, Kyoto University Graduate School of Medicine
Hinyokika Kiyo 52:961-3. 2006..The adjacent lipoma-like lesion was clearly defined, and the mass was pathologically diagnosed as well-differentiated inflammatory liposarcoma...
- Squamous cell carcinoma of the scrotum in a radiation technologist and the use of sentinel lymph node biopsy in recurrent diseaseDavid A Shifrin
Department of General Surgery, Michigan State University Grand Rapids, Medical Education and Research Center, Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA
Am Surg 73:302-3. 2007..This is the first report of its use in recurrent metastatic SCC of the scrotum...
- Proximal type epithelioid sarcoma of the scrotum: a source of diagnostic confusion that needs immediate attention: part 2Fikret Fatih Onol
Marmara University School of Medicine, Department of Urology, Altunizade, Istanbul, Turkey
Eur Urol 49:578-80. 2006
- Scrotal hysterectomy in a male patient with mixed gonadal dysgenesis 46,XY(75%)/45,X(25%)Stefan Preusser
Department of Urology, St Gallen Cantonal Hospital, St Gallen, Switzerland
Urology 70:1223.e7-9. 2007..Biopsies from both tested showed no signs of malignant disease. After removal of the tumor, we decided not to remove the testes prophylactically because of the male phenotype and the sufficient testosterone production...
- Magnetic resonance imaging of scrotal diseases: when it makes the differenceValdair Muglia
Department of Radiology, University of Sao Paulo, Ribeirao Preto, School of Medicine, Ribeirao Preto, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Urology 59:419-23. 2002..To investigate the utility of magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) after inconclusive sonography in the evaluation of scrotal disease...
- Paratesticular metastasis of malignant melanoma: a case reportOmer Acar
Department of Urology, Istanbul Faculty of Medicine, Istanbul University, Istanbul, Turkey
Kaohsiung J Med Sci 24:315-8. 2008..The patient died during the third month of chemotherapy. Our case was unique because the malignant melanoma was widely metastatic and involved primarily paratesticular tissues without any invasion of the testis and epididymis...
- Benign and malignant epididymal masses evaluated with scrotal sonography: clinical and pathologic review of 85 patientsWade G Alleman
Department of Radiology, Mayo Clinic, 200 First St SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
J Ultrasound Med 27:1195-202. 2008..The purpose of this study was to determine whether the clinical history and sonographic appearance of solid epididymal masses could aid in distinguishing benign and malignant disease...
- [A case of polyarteritis nodosa presenting as a mass in scrotum]T Kishino
Department of Urology, Tane General Hospital
Hinyokika Kiyo 47:211-3. 2001..The patient is currently asymptomatic and is being followed at our clinic. The pathogenesis and management of this rare condition are discussed...
- Primary paratesticular neuroblastomaClaudio Granata
Department of Surgery, Giannini Gaslini Children s Hospital, Genoa, Italy
J Urol 168:1530-1. 2002
- Expression of mucin core proteins in extramammary Paget's diseaseNoriko Yoshii
Department of Dermatology, Faculty of Medicine, Kagoshima University, Kagoshima, Japan m3 kufm kagoshima u ac jp
Pathol Int 52:390-9. 2002..The combination of immunohistochemical staining for MUC1 and MUC5AC was useful for identifying invasive Paget cells. The decrease or loss of MUC5AC expression may have an important role in the invasive growth of Paget cells...
- [Local recurrence of liposarcoma of the spermatic cord 6 years after orchiectomy: a case report]Noriyasu Hagiwara
Department of Urology, Ogaki Municipal Hospital
Hinyokika Kiyo 48:443-6. 2002..Therefore, we considered that intrascrotal liposarcoma should be resected as extensively as possible and observed for a long period...
- Role of Doppler sonography in the diagnosis of cystic lymphangioma of the scrotumNorman Loberant
Department of Radiology, Western Galilee Hospital, Nahariya, Israel
J Clin Ultrasound 30:384-7. 2002....
- Paratesticular liposarcoma in a transplanted patientG Zavos
Renal Transplantation Unit, Athens Medical School, GR-17341 Athens, Greece
Urol Int 67:254-6. 2001..We present a case of considerable clinical interest, our therapeutic approach and the final outcome...
- Squamous metaplasia of Paget's diseaseT Miyakawa
Department of Dermatology, School of Medicine, Chiba University, 1 8 1 Inohana cho, Chuo Ku, Chiba City 260 8670, Japan
Clin Exp Dermatol 29:71-3. 2004..The coexistence of these different cells within the same tumour island suggested that the squamoid cells derived from metaplasia of Paget cells...
- Well-differentiated giant scrotal liposarcoma: case presentation and managementM C Sighinolfi
Department of Urology, University of Modena and Reggio Emilia, Modena, Italy
Andrologia 40:200-2. 2008..Scrotal liposarcoma is an uncommon disease, usually found after the fifth decade. We describe the case of a well-differentiated scrotal liposarcoma associated with a considerable inflammatory reaction, treated with surgical ablation...
- Liposarcoma of the spermatic cord masquerading as an incarcerated inguinal herniaJ Matthew Hassan
Department of Urology, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, Tennessee 37232 2765, USA
Am Surg 69:163-5. 2003..e., high-grade tumor, lymphatic invasion, inadequate margin, or recurrence). The current literature, diagnosis, and management of malignant tumors of the spermatic cord are reviewed...
- Sonography of the scrotumVikram S Dogra
Department of Radiology, University Hospitals of Cleveland, Case Western Reserve University, 11100 Euclid Ave, Cleveland, OH 44106, USA
Radiology 227:18-36. 2003..Newly described conditions such as intratesticular varicoceles and other benign intratesticular cystic lesions are also discussed...
- [A case of dedifferentiated liposarcoma of the spermatic cord]Makoto Funahashi
The Department of Urology, National Hospital, Organization Sagamihara National Hospital
Hinyokika Kiyo 54:151-3. 2008..Histopathological diagnosis was dedifferentiated liposarcoma of the spermatic cord. Dedifferentiated liposarcoma of the spermatic cord was rare, and preoperative diagnosis was difficult...
- Aggressive angiomyxoma of childhood: two unusual cases developed in the scrotumHan Seong Kim
Department of Anatomic Pathology, Ilsan Paik Hospital, Inje University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Pediatr Dev Pathol 6:187-91. 2003..Both lesions typically showed infiltrating borders and penetrated into skin adnexa and Dartos' muscle fibers. AAM should be considered in the differential diagnosis of a scrotal mass found in childhood...
- Liposarcoma of the spermatic cord: report of 2 casesT J R Bestman
Department of Surgery, AZ St Dimpna, Geel, Belgium
Acta Chir Belg 107:58-9. 2007..It is treated by radical surgical resection. The diagnosis is usually made postoperatively. The role of adjuvant radio- or chemotherapy is uncertain...
- From the archives of the AFIP: extratesticular scrotal masses: radiologic-pathologic correlationPaula J Woodward
Department of Radiologic Pathology, Armed Forces Institute of Pathology, 14th and Alaska NW, Bldg 54, Rm M 121, Washington, DC 20306 6000, USA
Radiographics 23:215-40. 2003..Magnetic resonance imaging can be very helpful in the evaluation of some of these disorders, allowing for a more specific diagnosis in cases of lipoma, fibrous pseudotumor, and polyorchidism...
- Mohs micrographic surgery for penoscrotal malignancyMichael J Wells
Department of Dermatology, Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, Lubbock, TX 79407, USA
Urol Clin North Am 37:403-9. 2010..Specific penoscrotal neoplasias discussed in this article include invasive and in situ squamous cell carcinoma, basal cell carcinoma, extramammary Paget disease, and granular cell tumor...
- Human papillomavirus and genital cancerAlwyn Rapose
Division of Infectious Diseases, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, Texas 77555 0435, USA
Indian J Dermatol Venereol Leprol 75:236-43; quiz 243-4. 2009..Two HPV vaccines are now available and offer protection from infection by the HPV-types included in the vaccine. This benefit is maximally seen in young women who were uninfected prior to vaccination...
- Extramammary Paget's disease of scrotum. A case with local lymph node metastasisDavid Parada
Service of Pathology, Vargas Hospital, Caracas, Venezuela
Arch Esp Urol 58:85-9. 2005..We describe the clinical, histological and immunohistochemical studies in a case of extramammary Paget's disease localized in the scrotum with lymph node inguinal metastasis...
- [Photodynamic therapy for genitourinary carcinomas--report of 26 tumors in 17 patients]J G Huang
First Hospital, Dalian Medical College
Zhonghua Zhong Liu Za Zhi 13:55-7. 1991..Ultrastructurally, it was found that the necrosis of the malignant cells developed gradually and mitochondria was the major target of injury. No deleterious side effect was found...
- Fine needle aspiration cytology of tubercular epididymitis and epididymo-orchitisShatrughn Prasad Sah
Department of Pathology, B P Koirala Institute of Health Sciences, Dharan, Nepal
Acta Cytol 50:243-9. 2006..To study the role of fine needle aspiration cytology (FNAC) and ancillary studies in the diagnosis of tubercular epididymitis or epididymo-orchitis...
- A tale of 3 testes? A rare presentation of lipoblastoma with a novel karyotypeAndrew Robb
Bristol Royal Hospital for Children, BS2 8BJ Bristol, UK
J Pediatr Surg 45:E29-31. 2010..Although lipoblastomas can affect any part of the body, only 5 cases affecting the scrotum have previously been reported. We present a case of an intrascrotal lipoblastoma with a novel karyotype...
- OdynorgasmiaP Donnellan
Department of Medical Oncology, Guys and St Thomas Hospital Trust, London, UK
Scand J Urol Nephrol 35:158. 2001..Painful ejaculation ("odynorgasmia") is not well recognized. When it occurs it may indicate the precise site of pathology...
- Metastatic extramammary Paget's disease treated with paclitaxel and trastuzumab combination chemotherapyShunsuke Takahagi
Department of Dermatology, Division of Molecular Medical Science, Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, Hiroshima University, Minami Ku, Hiroshima, Japan
J Dermatol 36:457-61. 2009..Trastuzumab and paclitaxel-combination with the assessment of central nervous system lesions should be considered as an option for the treatment of HER2-positive EMPD...
- [Scrotal leiomyosarcoma with bone metastasis]M R Diz Rodríguez
Servicio de Urologia, Hospital Central de la Defensa, Madrid
Actas Urol Esp 30:638-40. 2006..We carried out a literature revision proving the rarity of this lesion type (only 27 cases have been described), and that, contrary to another leiomiosarcomas type, their aggressive evolution is not habitual in this localization...
- [Primary adenocarcinoma of the seminal vesicles]Ana Martínez-Peñuela
Servicio de Anatomia Patologica, Hospital de Navarra, Pamplona, Navarra, Espana
Arch Esp Urol 62:671-3. 2009..To report one case of primary adenocarcinoma of the seminal vesicles...
- Bidirectional association of anogenital and oral cavity/pharyngeal carcinomas in menAndrew G Sikora
Department of Otolaryngology, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, One Gustave L Levy Place, Box 1189, New York, NY 10029, USA
Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 135:402-5. 2009..To test the hypothesis of a bidirectional association of anogenital and oral cavity/pharyngeal human papillomavirus (HPV)-associated cancers in men...
- Presacral cystic schwannoma in a manSero Andonian
Department of Urology, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York 10021 6007, USA
Urology 62:551. 2003..Complete excision was achieved without bladder injury. The patient voided without difficulty and was free of local recurrence at 12 months after surgery...
- Multiple polypoid basal cell carcinomas on the perineum of a patient with basal cell nevus syndromeSteven Q Wang
Department of Medicine, Dermatology Service, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York, USA
J Am Acad Dermatol 57:S36-7. 2007..PBCC is a rare variant of nodular BCCs. Clinically, PBCCs mimic acrochordons. We recommend that the perineum, perianal, and genital areas should be included in the routine exam of patients with BCNS...
- [Scrotal leiomyoma: report of a case]J I Jiménez Aristu
Servicio de Urologia, Hospital Virgen del Camino, Pamplona, Navarra
Actas Urol Esp 27:822-4. 2003..We report a new case in a 68-year-old patients with a 10 years history of a scrotal tumour and anatomopathological diagnostic post surgery was leiomyoma...
- Aggressive angiomyxoma of the male genital regionDiane M Kidric
Institute of Pathology, University Hospitals of Cleveland, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH, USA
J Urol 180:1506. 2008
- Schwannoma of a seminal vesicleKalyan C Latchamsetty
Department of Urology, Rush Presbyterian St Luke s Medical Center, Chicago, Illinois 60612, USA
Urology 60:515. 2002..Radical prostatectomy with en bloc removal of the seminal vesicle mass was performed and the patient has been free of disease 24 months postoperatively...
- Epidemiology of human papillomavirus infection in men, cancers other than cervical and benign conditionsAnna R Giuliano
Risk Assessment, Detection and Intervention Program, H Lee Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute, Tampa, FL, USA
Vaccine 26:K17-28. 2008....
- Extramammary Paget's disease of the scrotum with Bowenoid featuresSerafinella P Cannavo
Eur J Dermatol 16:203-4. 2006
- [Urothelial carcinoma in situ of the seminal vesicles--an indicator of tumour multifocality]N T Gaisa
Institut für Pathologie der RWTH Aachen, Pauwelsstrasse 30, 52074, Aachen
Pathologe 29:371-4. 2008..DNA sequencing of the tumour suppressor gene TP53 of different tumour lesions revealed identical wild-type sequences...
- Scissor excision plus electrocautery of anogenital warts in prepubertal childrenJ M Handley
Department of Genitourinary Medicine, Royal Victoria Hospital, Belfast, Northern Ireland
Pediatr Dermatol 8:243-5, 248-9. 1991..5% podophyllotoxin (Condyline). Surgery plus electrocautery was well tolerated with no notable side effects. It is simple, safe, and efficacious, and is a suitable second-line treatment for AG warts in children...
- Scrotal lymphangioma: an uncommon cause for a scrotal massEric R Weidman
Department of Radiology, Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center, Lebanon, New Hampshire 03755, USA
J Ultrasound Med 21:669-72. 2002
- [Two cases of liposarcoma of spermatic cord]Yoichi Kakuta
The Department of Urology, Ikeda Municipal Hospital
Hinyokika Kiyo 54:147-50. 2008..Left radical orchiectomy was performed. Histopathological examination revealed a well-differentiated liposarcoma. These are the 84th and 85th cases of liposarcoma of the spermatic cord reported in Japan...
- [A case of malignant lymphoma mimicking a seminal vesicle tumor]Shinsuke Hamada
The Department of Urology, National Defense Medical College
Hinyokika Kiyo 56:393-6. 2010..The tumor responded to one course, but the patient died of neutropenic sepsis during the second course...
- Recurrent transitional cell carcinoma in a scrotal abscessAdam J Berman
Department of Urology, Beth Israel Medical Center, New York, New York 10010, USA
Urology 67:846.e1-2. 2006..We discuss a case of recurrent transitional cell carcinoma to the scrotum 5 years after cystectomy, along with its postoperative management and implications...
- Chondroid syringoma of the scrotumHidenobu Okuda
Department of Urology, Toyonaka Municipal Hospital, Toyonaka, Osaka, Japan
Int J Urol 15:944-5. 2008..Excisional biopsy of the scrotal specimen revealed chondroid syringoma, a very rare benign tumor, more likely to occur in the head and neck region. This is the eighth such case reported, and is an important type of scrotal tumor...
- Fine-needle aspiration cytology of giant cell fibroblastoma: case report and review of the literatureLester J Layfield
Department of Pathology, Division of Anatomic Pathology, University of Utah School of Medicine, and ARUP Laboratories, Inc, Salt Lake City, Utah 84132, USA
Diagn Cytopathol 26:398-403. 2002..Surgical resection of the mass confirmed the diagnosis of giant cell fibroblastoma. We review the characteristic cytologic features of giant cell fibroblastoma and compare them with other soft tissue tumors in the differential diagnosis...
- Unusual squamous cell carcinoma of the scrotum arising from a well healed, innocuous scar of an infertility procedure: a case reportSanjeev Kotwal
Pyrah Department of Urology, St James s University Hospital, Leeds, UK
Ann R Coll Surg Engl 89:W17-9. 2007..A novel case of squamous cell carcinoma of scrotum that developed in a well-healed, uncomplicated scar following an infertility procedure...
- Ultrasound findings of masses of the paratesticular spaceJ M Smart
Department of Radiology, Southampton University Hospitals NHS Trust, Southampton, Hampshire, UK
Clin Radiol 63:929-38. 2008..The ultrasound findings (both typical and atypical) of these lesions are clarified, and emphasis is given to the features that help to differentiate between them...
- Cause-specific mortality of Dutch chlorophenoxy herbicide manufacturing workersD Boers
Utrecht University, Institute for Risk Assessment Sciences, Department of Environmental Epidemiology, PO Box 80178, 3508 TD, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Occup Environ Med 67:24-31. 2010..Previously, we have shown elevated risks for mortality and cancer mortality in this cohort. The purpose of the current, third follow-up, is to provide an updated assessment of cause-specific mortality for both factories...
- Mixed paratesticular liposarcoma with osteosarcoma elementsLisardo Ugidos
Department of Medical Oncology, Centro Integral Oncologico Clara Campal, Madrid, Spain
Clin Transl Oncol 12:148-9. 2010..Osteosarcoma is rarely observed in this location and combined tumours with this component have not been described. We present a case of SCS with mixed differentiation with both liposarcoma and osteosarcoma elements...
- Cancer of the male genital tract in Circumpolar InuitA Prener
Danish Cancer Registry, Danish Cancer Society, Copenhagen, Denmark
Acta Oncol 35:589-93. 1996..Penile cancer occurred with relatively high risk (SIR 1.8-3.0) based on rates among non-Inuit. The incidence is, however, lower than anticipated considering the possibility for shared risk factors with cancer of the uterine cervix...
- [Spermatic cord liposarcoma: report of a new case]Nicolás Alberto Cruz Guerra
Servicio de Urologia, Hospital Ramon y Cajal, Madrid, Espana
Arch Esp Urol 55:191-3. 2002..To report an additional case of liposarcoma of the spermatic cord...
- Primitive neuroectodermal tumor of the spermatic cordHiroaki Matsumoto
Department of Urology, Yamaguchi University School of Medicine, Ube, Yamaguchi, Japan
J Urol 167:1791-2. 2002
- [Congenial seminal vesicle cyst with an intracystic papillary adenoma associated with ipsilateral renal agenesis]J T Kluckert
Institut fur Radiologie, Kantonsspital St Gallen Schweiz, Germany
Radiologe 42:837-9. 2002..Postoperatively the diagnosis of an intracystic papillary adenoma in a seminal vesicle cyst was made histologically...
- Bilateral scrotal masses in an infant: remote presentation of an inflammatory reaction to surgical glove powderAnna R Smither
Division of Pediatric Urology, Medical College and Children s Hospital of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, USA
J Urol 168:2592-3. 2002
- Primary urethral transitional cell carcinoma with scrotal metastasesNeville D Perera
National Hospital of Sri Lanka, Colombo
Ceylon Med J 47:98. 2002
- Paratesticular rhabdomyomaEric A Kurzrock
Department of Urology, UC Davis School of Medicine and Children s Hospital, Sacramento, CA, USA
J Pediatr Surg 38:1546-7. 2003..Although fetal-type rhabdomyoma of the head and neck generally is a benign tumor, the prognosis of paratesticular fetal-type rhabdomyoma is unknown. Long-term follow-up is recommended...
- [Cellular angiofibroma, angiomyofibroblastoma and aggressive angiomyxoma: members of a spectrum of genital stromal tumours?]Jean Philippe Dufau
Ann Pathol 22:241-3. 2002
- Effect of Oxidant Load on HPV Persistence and CIN (SIL)Anna Giuliano; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- SURVEILLANCE METHODS FOR HEALTH CARE AND RELATED WORKERSJohn Dement; Fiscal Year: 2004..Results of the case-based surveillance effort also will have broad application to health care workers. ..
- NATURAL HISTORY OF HPV--INFECTION TO NEOPLASIAAnna Barbara Moscicki; Fiscal Year: 2004..The understanding of both local and systemic immune responses to initial and subsequent HPV infections may be key in vaccine or therapeutic developments. ..
- Molecular Detection of Prostate Cancer in UrinePaul Cairns; Fiscal Year: 2005..We will test this further in two clinically problematic populations in need of better diagnosis. ..
- Strategies Against HPV Related Genital Diseases in WomenBradley Monk; Fiscal Year: 2006..It is expected that Dr. Monk will have obtained extramural funding for both his laboratory and clinical studies by the end of the period of support requested. ..
- Development of a Web Based Tobacco Cessation CurriculumJohn Spangler; Fiscal Year: 2007..The ultimate goal will be to develop a highly portable tobacco cessation curriculum that can be used a variety of educational settings. ..
- Natural History of CIN2 in AdolescentsAnna Barbara Moscicki; Fiscal Year: 2007..S. and specifically assess how best to modify cytology-based screening, utilize HPV diagnostics, and tailor aoDrooriate follow-uo strategies for adolescents and vouna women diaanosed with CIN 2 ..
- Native Navigation across the Cancer Continuum in Comanche NationValerie S Eschiti; Fiscal Year: 2010....