Genomes and Genes
Summary: A circumscribed collection of fluid, especially a collection of fluid in the tunica vaginalis of the testicle or along the spermatic cord. (Dorland, 27th ed)
Publications175 found, 100 shown here
- [Lymphedema of male external genitalia: a retrospective study of 33 cases]S Vignes
Unité de lymphologie, hôpital Cognacq Jay, Site Broussais, Paris
Ann Dermatol Venereol 132:21-5. 2005..The aim of this retrospective study was to describe the main characteristics and treatment of male external genitalia lymphedema...
- Filariasis in the Igwun River Basin, Nigeria: an epidemiological and clinical study with a note on the vectorsJ K Udonsi
Department of Zoology, University of Port Harcourt, Nigeria
Ann Trop Med Parasitol 82:75-82. 1988..4% of clinical cases were inflammatory, and lympho-obstructive manifestations consisted of 23.8% chyluria, 12.7% hydrocele and 19.1% elephantiasis. In L...
- Does color Doppler sonography improve the clinical assessment of patients with acute scrotum?Pietro Pepe
Urology Unit, Cannizzaro Hospital, Catania, Italy
Eur J Radiol 60:120-4. 2006..Our experience concerning the use of color Doppler sonography (CDS) in the differential diagnosis of acute scrotum is reported...
- Impact of long-term ivermectin (Mectizan) on Wuchereria bancrofti and Mansonella perstans infections in Burkina Faso: strategic and policy implicationsD Kyelem
Lymphatic Filariasis Programme, Ministry of Health, 03 BP 7009, Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso
Ann Trop Med Parasitol 97:827-38. 2003..bancrofti, and by clinical examination for hydrocele (if male) and lymphoedema...
- Scrotal edema secondary to fluid imbalance in patients on continuous peritoneal dialysisMuniru Adeniyi
Section of Nephrology, Raymond G Murphy VA Medical Center, Albuquerque, New Mexico 87108, USA
Adv Perit Dial 25:68-71. 2009..After repair of a ventral hernia and of a communicating hydrocele, he started continuous cycling peritoneal dialysis (CCPD), plus 2 daytime CAPD exchanges...
- Protean clinical manifestations and diagnostic challenges of human brucellosis in adults: 16 years' experience in an endemic areaBasappa G Mantur
Department of Microbiology, BLDEA s Shri B M Patil Medical College, Bijapur 586 103, Karnataka, India
J Med Microbiol 55:897-903. 2006..8 % of the patients (arthritis excluded): this included the unusual complications of hydrocele (two cases), Stevens-Johnson syndrome (one case) and urinary tract infection (one case)...
- Situation analysis in a large urban area of India, prior to launching a programme of mass drug administrations to eliminate lymphatic filariasisK D Ramaiah
Vector Control Research Centre Indian Council of Medical Research, Medical Complex, Indira Nagar, Pondicherry 605 006, India
Ann Trop Med Parasitol 99:243-52. 2005..that LF was not viewed as a major pubic-health problem in the study area, even though cases of elephantiasis and hydrocele were detected in 2%-8% and 7%-20% of the households investigated...
- Urology in pre-civil war CharlestonJ Nathaniel Hamilton
Department of Urology, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, South Carolina, USA
J Urol 180:477-80. 2008....
- Sonographic differential diagnosis of acute scrotum: real-time whirlpool sign, a key sign of torsionS Boopathy Vijayaraghavan
Sonoscan Ultrasonic Scan Centre, Coimbatore, India
J Ultrasound Med 25:563-74. 2006..The purpose of this study was to prospectively investigate the role of high-resolution and color Doppler sonography in the differential diagnosis of acute scrotum and testicular torsion in particular...
- Scrotal pathology in pediatrics with sonographic imagingM M Munden
Baylor College of Medicine, Texas Children s Hospital, Houston, USA
Curr Probl Diagn Radiol 29:185-205. 2000Scrotal pathology in pediatrics ranges from the more benign hydrocele and varicocele to acute testicular torsion requiring emergent surgery...
- The onchocerciasis focus at Kinsuka/Kinshasa (Republic of Zaire) in 1985. II. Parasitological and clinical aspectsM C Henry
Service de Parasitologie Projet Institut de Medecine Tropicale, Antwerpen, , Zaire
Ann Trop Med Parasitol 84:493-502. 1990..Cutaneous lesions were mild. Lymphatic complications such as adenolymphocele, hydrocele and elephantiasis of the lower limbs were observed in 18% of the adults...
- The normal and abnormal scrotum in children: evaluation with color Doppler sonographyG O Atkinson
Department of Radiology Pediatrics, Egleston Children s Hospital, Emory University, Atlanta, GA 30322 1101
AJR Am J Roentgenol 158:613-7. 1992..epididymitis (five patients), epididymo-orchitis (one patient), yolk sac tumor of the testis (one patient), hydrocele (one patient), and local reaction to an insect bite (one patient)...
- Soluble cellular adhesion molecules, selectins, VEGF and endothelin-1 in patients with Wuchereria bancrofti infection and association with clinical statusP Esterre
Immunology Unit, Institut de Recherches Medicales Malarde, Papeete 98713 Tahiti French Polynesia
Parasite Immunol 27:9-16. 2005..concentrations of soluble (s-) L selectin (CD62L) were noticed in sera of of patients with chronic conditions (hydrocele and elephantiasis)...
- US of the tunica vaginalis testis: anatomic relationships and pathologic conditionsVictoria Garriga
Department of Radiology, Hospital General de Granollers, Fundació Hospital Asil de Granollers, Granollers, Spain
Radiographics 29:2017-32. 2009..of the tunica vaginalis, such as complete or partial patency of the processus vaginalis, spermatic cord hydrocele, and inguinoscrotal hernia...
- Comparison of magnetic resonance urography with ultrasound studies in detection of fetal urogenital anomaliesAbdol Mohammad Kajbafzadeh
Pediatric Urology Research Center, Department of Urology, Children s Hospital Medical Center, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran
J Pediatr Urol 4:32-9. 2008..We assessed the potential of magnetic resonance urography (MRU) in the evaluation of different urogenital anomalies in fetuses when ultrasound study was equivocal...
- Immunofluorescence distribution of actin-associated proteins in human seminiferous tubules of adolescent testes, normal and pathologicG Santoro
Department of Biomorphology, University of Messina, Italy
J Endocrinol Invest 23:369-75. 2000..The study group consisted of 8 biopsies from normal testes (i.e., adolescents operated on for hydrocele or inguinal hernia) and 20 biopsies from pathological testes (i.e...
- [Epidemiological characteristics and control of filariasis in Hunan Province]Q J Li
Sanitary and Anti Epidemic Station of Hunan Province
Zhongguo Ji Sheng Chong Xue Yu Ji Sheng Chong Bing Za Zhi 8:134-7. 1990..64% (180,046/3,194,102), and the incidence of advanced filariasis, including elephantiasis and hydrocele was 3.29%. The number of filariasis patients in the whole province was estimated to be 1...
- Lymphatic filariasis in the Karonga district of northern Malawi: a prevalence surveyB M M Ngwira
Department of Infectious and Tropical Diseases, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, UK
Ann Trop Med Parasitol 96:137-44. 2002..7%) were identified as cases of hydrocele. Lymphoedema was found in seven (1.0%) of these adult males and in 29 (3...
- Bancroftian filariasis in Kwale District of Kenya. III. Quantification of the IgE response in selected individuals from an endemic communityB B Estambale
Department of Medical Microbiology, University of Nairobi, Kenya
Ann Trop Med Parasitol 89:287-95. 1995..categories, based on the presence/absence of microfilaraemia, the presence/absence of acute or chronic (hydrocele or elephantiasis) clinical manifestations, and age...
- Polyorchidism: a three-case report and review of the literatureM Savas
Department of Urology, Harran University, Sanliurfa, Turkey
Andrologia 42:57-61. 2010..The majority of reported cases are asymptomatic patients, others present with cryptorchidism, hydrocele, varicocele, epididymitis, infertility, testicular malignancy and testicular torsion...
- Filariasis: new drugs and new opportunities for lymphatic filariasis and onchocerciasisAchim Hoerauf
Institute of Medical Microbiology, Immunology and Parasitology, University Bonn Medical Centre, Bonn, Germany
Curr Opin Infect Dis 21:673-81. 2008..This review details the recent indications for this new treatment, focussing on regimes for individual drug administration...
- Pathogenesis of filarial hydrocele: risk associated with intrascrotal nodules caused by death of adult Wuchereria bancroftiJoaquim Noroes
Servico de Urologia, Departamento de Cirurgia, Universidade Federal de Pernambuco, Recife, Brazil
Trans R Soc Trop Med Hyg 97:561-6. 2003Although testicular hydrocele is the most common clinical manifestation of bancroftian filariasis, its pathogenesis is poorly understood, as is its relationship to inflammatory scrotal nodules following death of adult Wuchereria ..
- Status of lymphatic filariasis in Lucknow District, Uttar PradeshSukhvir Singh
Dept of Parasitic Diseases, National Institute of Communicable Diseases, 22 Shamnath Marg, Delhi 110054
J Commun Dis 41:39-44. 2009..7%. In all, 175 individuals had disease manifestations of LF. Out of 108 males, 81 had hydrocele(75%). Disease rate was similar in males (4.7%) and females (4.8%). The mean mf density was 9...
- Urban lymphatic filariasis in central NigeriaA Terranella
Department of Global Health, Rollins School of Public Health, Emory University, 1518 Clifton Road, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Ann Trop Med Parasitol 100:163-72. 2006..Over a 1-month period, selected providers in these clinics sought hydrocele, lymphoedema, elephantiasis, or acute adenolymphangitis among the patients seeking treatment...
- Role of Doppler ultrasonography in the triage of acute scrotum in the emergency departmentYael Yagil
Department of Medical Imaging, Rambam Health Care Campus, PO Box 9602, Ha Aliya St 8, 31096 Haifa, Israel
J Ultrasound Med 29:11-21. 2010..The purpose of this study was to examine the triage role of scrotal Doppler ultrasonography (DUS) as the primary preoperative diagnostic tool in patients presenting to the emergency department (ED) with acute scrotum...
- Ectopic adrenal cortex tissue: an incidental finding during inguinoscrotal operations in pediatric patientsSabeur Ketata
Department of Urology, CHU Habib Bourguiba, Sfax, Tunisia
Urol Int 81:316-9. 2008..The aim of the present study was to assess the occurrence of ectopic remnants of adrenal cortex tissue encountered in pediatric patients who underwent groin surgical explorations...
- Results and complications of adolescent varicocele repair with intraoperative sodium morrhuate sclerotherapyBrett Lebed
Department of Urology, Temple University Children s Hospital, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
J Urol 180:1837-41. 2008..We report our experience with 3 varicocele ligation procedures in concordance with sclerotherapy in adolescent patients...
- Seminoma of testis masquerading as orchitis in an adult with paraplegia: proposed measures to avoid delay in diagnosing testicular tumours in spinal cord injury patientsSubramanian Vaidyanathan
Regional Spinal Injuries Centre, District General Hospital, Southport, PR8 6PN, UK
ScientificWorldJournal 8:149-56. 2008..Ultrasound examination of the testis 4 weeks later showed a moderate hydrocele, enlargement and altered echogenicity of both the epididymis and testis, and features of mass-like lesions ..
- Rapid assessment for lymphatic filariasis in central Nigeria: a comparison of the immunochromatographic card test and hydrocele rates in an area of high endemicityAbel Eigege
The Carter Center, Jos, Nigeria
Am J Trop Med Hyg 68:643-6. 2003..Our study was conducted to determine if village-based hydrocele surveys could be used to supplement the ICT surveys in the mapping activities...
- Cryptorchidism, open processus vaginalis, and associated hernia: laparoscopic approach to the internal inguinal ringC Radmayr
Department of Urology, University of Innsbruck, Austria
Eur Urol 36:631-4. 1999..An associated inguinal hernia due to an open processus vaginalis is reported in 26% of cryptorchidism cases. Simultaneous laparoscopic orchidopexy and herniorrhaphy are therefore the next logical step...
- Safety and efficacy of intratesticular injection of vital dyes for lymphatic preservation during varicocelectomyJohn H Makari
Division of Urology, Children s National Medical Center, Washington, DC 20010, USA
J Urol 178:1026-30; discussion 1030. 2007The most common complications of varicocelectomy include failure and hydrocele formation. Various surgical approaches have been used to minimize complications and guarantee durable results...
- Laparoscopic liver biopsy using cup-shaped punch biopsy forceps and argon beam coagulator in childrenTadao Okada
Department of Pediatric Surgery, Hokkaido University Graduate School of Medicine, Kita ku, Kita 15, Nishi 7, Sapporo, 060 8638, Japan
Pediatr Surg Int 23:947-51. 2007..There were also no death cases, and only one complication (hydrocele testis) was recorded...
- A 16-year follow-up study on bancroftian filariasis in three communities of north-eastern TanzaniaD W Meyrowitsch
Danish Bilharziasis Laboratory, Charlottenlund, Denmark
Ann Trop Med Parasitol 89:665-75. 1995..observed in any of the three villages, with respect to total or age-specific prevalences of microfilaraemia, hydrocele in males aged > or = 20 years or leg elephantiasis in all subjects aged > or = 20 years, when the results ..
- Maternal exposure to a brominated flame retardant and genitourinary conditions in male offspringChanley M Small
Department of Epidemiology, Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia 30322, USA
Environ Health Perspect 117:1175-9. 2009..Polybrominated biphenyl (PBB), a brominated flame retardant, is one such suspected endocrine disruptor...
- Plasma vascular endothelial growth Factor-A (VEGF-A) and VEGF-A gene polymorphism are associated with hydrocele development in lymphatic filariasisAlexander Yaw Debrah
Institute for Medical Microbiology, Immunology and Parasitology, University of Bonn, Bonn, Germany
Am J Trop Med Hyg 77:601-8. 2007b>Hydrocele is a build-up of fluid in the scrotal regions of a proportion of men infected with the filarial nematode Wuchereria bancrofti...
- The relationship between infection and disease in Wuchereria bancrofti infection in GhanaJ O Gyapong
Health Research Unit, Ministry of Health, Accra, Ghana
Trans R Soc Trop Med Hyg 92:390-2. 1998..a negative association between infection status and lymphoedema/elephantiasis, but a positive association with hydrocele; however, the intensity of infection was negatively associated with both elephantiasis and hydrocele...
- [Cystic lymphangioma of the spermatic cord in old man: a case report and review of the literature]Du jian Li
Department of Urology, Branch of No 1 People s Hospital Affiliated to Shanghai Jiaotong University, Shanghai 200081, China
Zhonghua Nan Ke Xue 13:815-7. 2007..To investigate the clinical and pathological features, diagnosis and treatment of cystic lymphangioma of the spermatic cord...
- Incidence and management of hydrocele following varicocele surgery in childrenCiro Esposito
Pediatric Surgery Units, Magna Graecia University, Catanzaro, Italy
J Urol 171:1271-3. 2004b>Hydrocele seems to be the most frequent complication in children who undergo surgery for varicocele and the issue of the optimal management of hydrocele remains controversial...
- Scrotal calculiHakan Artas
Department of Radiology, Elazig Training and Research Hospital, Elazig, Turkey
J Ultrasound Med 26:1775-9. 2007..The aim of our series was to examine the etiopathogenesis of scrotal calculi, which were detected incidentally in various age groups, with reference to the medical literature...
- Community's knowledge and perceptions about filarial elephantiasis and hydrocele in coastal Orissa, IndiaK Rath
Division of Epidemiology, Regional Medical Research Centre, Indian Council of Medical Research, Bhubaneswar 751 023, India
Asia Pac J Public Health 19:28-33. 2007..assesses people's knowledge and perceptions on transmission, prevention and eradication of elephantiasis and hydrocele, common manifestations of chronic lymphatic filariasis (LF)...
- Total calcium content of sacs associated with inguinal hernia, hydrocele or undescended testis reflects differences dictated by programmed cell deathF Cahit Tanyel
Department of Pediatric Surgery, Hacettepe University Faculty of Medicine, Children s Hospital, TR 06100 Ankara, Turkey
Urol Int 70:211-5. 2003Inguinal hernia and hydrocele are suggested to result from the persistence of smooth muscle (SM) which should undergo programmed cell death (PCD) after presenting transiently to propel the testis...
- Hidradenitis suppurativa: a disease with male predominance in TunisiaAmel Mebazaa
Dermatology Department, La Rabta Hospital, rue jabbari 1007, Tunis
Acta Dermatovenerol Alp Pannonica Adriat 18:165-72. 2009..The diagnosis is primarily clinical, based on the presence of both sinus tracts and abscesses with a characteristic distribution...
- Management of chronic testalgia by microsurgical testicular denervationAxel Heidenreich
Klinik für Urologie and Kinderurologie, Philipps Universitat Marburg, Baldingerstrasse, 35043 Marburg, Germany
Eur Urol 41:392-7. 2002..Success rates of conservative and surgical measures including epididymectomy and orchiectomy rarely exceed 55-73% and 10-40%, respectively. We report our experience on microsurgical testicular denervation as therapeutic option in CTP...
- Evaluation of extracellular matrix protein composition in sacs associated with undescended testis, hydrocele, inguinal hernia, and peritoneumPelin Oguzkurt
Department of Pediatric Surgery, Baskent University, Faculty of Medicine, Ankara, Turkey
Urology 70:346-50. 2007....
- Prevalence and pathology of camel filariasis in IranA Oryan
Department of Pathology, Veterinary School, Shiraz University, Shiraz, Iran
Parasitol Res 103:1125-31. 2008..macrophages and fibroblasts, parenchymal degeneration, and necrosis and, in some cases, with hematoma and hydrocele formation...
- Giant hydrocele--an epitome of neglectEmmanuel E Akpo
Surgery Department, Dalhatu Araf Specialist Hospital, Lafia, Nasarawa State, Nigeria
Afr Health Sci 5:343-4. 2005b>Hydrocele [Greek: water--sac] is abnormal fluid collection within the tunica vaginalis of the scrotum or a patent tunica vaginalis. It is a relatively common condition in surgical practice...
- Immunology of lymphatic filariasisS Babu
NIAID NIRT ICER, Chennai, India
Parasite Immunol 36:338-46. 2014..T-cell responses clearly play a role in mediating pathological manifestations of LF, including lymphedema, hydrocele and elephantiasis...
- [Urethroplasty with tunica vaginalis flap for treating hypospadias with hydrocele: a report of 9 cases]Hai Qiu Liao
Department of Urology, 2nd Xiangya Hospital of Central South University, Changsha, Hunan 410011, China
Zhonghua Nan Ke Xue 14:152-4. 2008To explore the treatment of hypospadias with hydrocele.
- The excisional, plication and internal drainage techniques: a comparison of the results for idiopathic hydroceleJ H Ku
Department of Urology, Military Manpower Administration, Taejon, Korea
BJU Int 87:82-4. 2001To assess the results of the excision, plication and internal drainage techniques for hydrocele repair.
- Sparganosis presenting as spermatic cord hydrocele in six-year-old boyDong hoon Lim
Department of Urology, Chosun University College of Medicine and Hospital, Gwangju, Republic of Korea
Urology 70:1223.e1-2. 2007..However, no previous cases have been reported of it presenting as a spermatic cord hydrocele. We present a case of sparganosis with spermatic cord hydrocele in a 6-year-old boy.
- [Surgical treatment of hydrocele--modern aspects]N Al-Khalil
Khirurgiia (Sofiia) 60:11-2. 2004Basically no one has ever introduced into practice any better procedure in cases of hydrocele than those of Winkelmann and Bergman...
- [Treatment of adult hydrocele]E Tariel
Service d Urologie, Hopital Saint Louis, Universite Paris VII, 1, avenue Claude Vellefaux, 75010 Paris, France
Ann Urol (Paris) 38:180-5. 2004Surgery is the gold standard of hydrocele treatment; it is indicated in case of functional disorders. The two principal techniques are Lord's plication procedure, and excision...
- Peno-scrotal limphedema with giant hydrocele--surgical treatment particularitiesDan Mischianu
Dr Carol Davila Clinical Military Emergency Hospital Bucharest, Department of Urology, 134 Calea Plevnei, Bucharest, Romania
J Med Life 2:72-5. 2009..The necessity for complex and multidisciplinary approach of "border" surgical pathology has unanimously been agreed upon for such a long period of time, its advantages becoming even more obvious in rare, particular cases...
- Laparoscopic excision of abdominoscrotal hydroceleNordeen Bouhadiba
Department of Paediatric Surgery, Sheffield Children s NHS Foundation Trust, Sheffield, United Kingdom
J Laparoendosc Adv Surg Tech A 17:701-3. 2007Abdominoscrotal hydrocele (ASH) is reported with increasing frequency and is recognized to be responsible for complications not only related to the pressure effect on the contiguous structures, but a wide a variety of conditions, ..
- [Early surgical therapy for idiopathic varicocele]G Bolla
Servizio di Chirurgia Pediatrica O C Dolo, VE
Pediatr Med Chir 29:340-2. 2007..We did not find recurrences of varicocele. Four boys showed postoperative hydrocele; no one required surgical treatment...
- A case of hydrocele stone with its composition analysisMasayoshi Zaitsu
Department of Urology, Kanto Rosai Hospital, 1 1 Kizukisumiyoshi cho, Nakahara ku, Kawasaki 211 8510, Japan
Case Report Med 2010:586204. 2010b>Hydrocele stones are freely mobile calcified bodies lying between the tunica vaginalis layers, and they are relatively rare...
- New minimally access hydrocelectomyAly Saber
Port Fouad General Hospital, Port Fouad, Egypt
Urology 77:487-90. 2011..Although controversy exists regarding the treatment of hydrocele, hydrocelectomy remains the treatment of choice for hydroceles...
- Impact of seven rounds of mass administration of diethylcarbamazine and ivermectin on prevalence of chronic lymphatic filariasis in south IndiaJ Yuvaraj
Vector Control Research Centre, Pondicherry, India
Trop Med Int Health 13:737-42. 2008..To evaluate the impact of seven rounds of mass administration of diethylcarbamazine (DEC) and ivermectin on the prevalence of chronic lymphatic filariasis and to compare it with that observed in a placebo arm in a community-level trial...
- Epididymal-testicular fusion anomalies in cryptorchidism are associated with proximal location of the undescended testis and with a widely patent processus vaginalisSalvatore Caterino
Surgical and Medical Department of Translational Medicine, Faculty of Medicine and Psychology, University of Rome La Sapienza, Sant Andrea Hospital, Rome, Italy Department of Surgery Pietro Valdoni, University of Rome La Sapienza, Rome, Italy Andrological and Gynecological Surgery Unit, Bambino Gesu Pediatric Hospital Research Institute, Rome, Italy
J Anat 225:473-8. 2014..fusion anomalies and persistence of a patent processus vaginalis in a small case-series of cryptorchid and/or hydrocele patients...
- The differences in testicular volumes in boys 8-36 months old with undescended, retractile and hydrocele testis--usefulness of scrotal screening ultrasoundG Jedrzejewski
Department of Pediatric Radiology, Medical University of Lublin, Poland
Early Hum Dev 88:185-9. 2012..The aim of the study was quantitative and qualitative assessments of scrotal abnormalities diagnosed in boys 8 to 36 months old during ultrasound screening and estimation if these abnormalities influence testes volume...
- [Open surgery, laparoscopic Palomo varicocelectomy and embolization in children with varicocele]O Gómez Beltran
Unidad de Gestión Clínica de Ciruglá Pediátrica, Hospital Universitario Reina Sofia, Cordoba
Cir Pediatr 26:9-12. 2013..to prove the outcomes in varicocele treatment during last 10 years in our institution regarding to the recurrence rate and reactive hydrocele in children and adolescents treated with open technique, laparoscopic approach or embolization.
- A simple single-port laparoscopic-assisted technique for completely enclosing inguinal hernia in childrenYu Tang Chang
Department of Surgery, Division of Pediatric Surgery, Kaohsiung Medical University Hospital, Kaohsiung, Taiwan
Am J Surg 198:e13-6. 2009..technique may fail to entirely enclose the hernia defect and has the potential to lead to higher incidence of hydrocele and hernia recurrence...
- Reduction in levels of plasma vascular endothelial growth factor-A and improvement in hydrocele patients by targeting endosymbiotic Wolbachia sp. in Wuchereria bancrofti with doxycyclineAlexander Y Debrah
Institute for Medical Microbiology, Immunology and Parasitology, University Hospital Bonn, Bonn, Germany
Am J Trop Med Hyg 80:956-63. 2009The treatment for hydrocele is expensive, invasive surgery-hydrocelectomy. A drug that could prevent or improve this condition could replace or supplement hydrocelectomy...
- [Malignant mesotheliomas of the tunica vaginalis testis]Hiromoto Tei
The Department of Urology, Hyogo Prefectural Kakogawa Medical Center
Hinyokika Kiyo 59:603-6. 2013..There is a thickening of mesothelia of the tunica vaginalis with left sided hydrocele by ultrasonography and computed tomography scan...
- Filarial lymphedema is characterized by antigen-specific Th1 and th17 proinflammatory responses and a lack of regulatory T cellsSubash Babu
National Institutes of Health International Center for Excellence in Research, Chennai, India
PLoS Negl Trop Dis 3:e420. 2009Lymphatic filariasis can be associated with development of serious pathology in the form of lymphedema, hydrocele, and elephantiasis in a subset of infected patients.
- Laparoscopic completely extraperitoneal repair of inguinal hernia in children: a single-institute experience with 1,257 repairs compared with cut-down herniorrhaphyMasao Endo
Department of Pediatric Surgery, Saitama City Hospital, 2460, Mimuro, Midori ku, Saitama shi, 336 8522, Japan
Surg Endosc 23:1706-12. 2009..We developed a unique technique to achieve completely extraperitoneal ligation of PPV without any skip areas under laparoscopic control. This report introduces our technique and results compared with the cut-down herniorrhaphy...
- [Intrascrotal malignant mesothelioma diagnosed after surgery for hydrocele testis: a case report]Ryuichi Kato
The Department of Urology, Muroran City General Hospital
Hinyokika Kiyo 58:45-8. 2012..of intrascrotal malignant mesothelioma, arising from the tunica vaginalis, which was diagnosed after surgery for hydrocele testis. A 52-year-old man underwent left hydrocelectomy for hydrocele testis...
- Atypical presentation of a vaginal epithelial inclusion cystCostas A Apostolis
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Mount Auburn Hospital, Cambridge, MA 02138, USA
J Minim Invasive Gynecol 19:654-7. 2012..Most of these diagnoses are correct, with the rare exception of the occasional urethral diverticulum or hydrocele. In this case report, we discuss the initial diagnosis of a suspected infected Bartholin gland duct cyst that ..
- The infant in the community: the first two months of lifeSiba Prosad Paul
Great Western Hospital, Swindon, Wiltshire
Community Pract 85:40-3. 2012..The first few months in an infant's life can be a very anxious period for parents. Minor issues, such as hydrocele and haemangiomas, can worry parents and reassurance is all that is required...
- A new PAX8 mutation causing congenital hypothyroidism in three generations of a family is associated with abnormalities in the urogenital tractAna Carvalho
1 Department of Pediatrics, Hospital of Divino Espirito Santo, Ponta Delgada, Portugal
Thyroid 23:1074-8. 2013..Herein, we report a case series and in vitro characterization of the PAX8 gene mutation...
- Ten years of managing the clinical manifestations and disabilities of lymphatic filariasisP Brantus
Neglected Tropical Diseases, Health and Rehabilitation Unit, Handicap International France, 14 avenue Berthelot, 69361 Lyon cedex 07, France
Ann Trop Med Parasitol 103:S5-10. 2009..i.e. hydrocele, lymphoedema and/or 'acute attacks')...
- The global programme to eliminate lymphatic filariasis: health impact after 8 yearsEric A Ottesen
Lymphatic Filariasis Support Center, Task Force for Child Survival and Development, Decatur, Georgia, United States of America
PLoS Negl Trop Dis 2:e317. 2008....
- Scrotal hematoma as a sign of adrenal hemorrhage in newbornsRenata Gonçalves
Neonatal Medicine Division, Department of Pediatrics, Dona Helena Hospital, Joinville, Santa Catarina, Brazil
Sao Paulo Med J 129:113-5. 2011..can arise from a number of diseases, including torsion of the testes, orchitis, scrotal or testicular edema, hydrocele, inguinal hernia, meconium peritonitis, hematocele, testicular tumor and traumatic hematoma...
- Structural analysis of testicular appendices in patients with cryptorchidismGuilherme D Tostes
Urogenital Research Unit, Rio de Janeiro State University, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Int Braz J Urol 39:240-7. 2013..Report the incidence and structure of testicular appendices (TAs) in patients with cryptorchidism, comparing their incidence with epididymal anomalies (EA) and patency of the vaginal process (PVP) and analyzes the structure of TAs...
- [Varicocele in the adolescent. What is the best surgical option?]José M Escala
Unidad de Urología Infantil, Hospital de Niños Exequiel González Cortés, Santiago, Chile
Arch Esp Urol 61:691-4. 2008..To compare three different surgical approaches for the performance of varicocelectomy in the pediatric population, analyzing their effectiveness and secondary complications...
- Hydrocele of the spermatic cord in infants and children: its particular characteristicsYu Tang Chang
Department of Surgery, Kaohsiung Medical University Hospital, the Graduate Institute of Medicine, College of Medicine, Kaohsiung Medical University, Kaohsiung, Taiwan
Urology 76:82-6. 2010The hydrocele of the spermatic cord (cord hydrocele) typically presents as a translucent swelling in the inguinal canal or upper scrotum, located above the testis. We report a case series and point out its distinctive characteristics.
- The long-term efficacy of hydrocele treatment with aspiration and sclerotherapy with polidocanol compared to placebo: a prospective, double-blind, randomized studyL Lund
Department of Urology, Odense University Hospital, Odense, Denmark Viborg Hospital, Viborg, Denmark Electronic address
J Urol 191:1347-50. 2014We evaluate whether aspiration and sclerosing of hydrocele testis is an effective treatment.
- A novel VEGFR3 mutation causes Milroy diseaseMatthew G Butler
Department of Human Genetics, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 0618, USA
Am J Med Genet A 143:1212-7. 2007..lymphedema, affected family members had other clinical manifestations associated with Milroy disease including hydrocele, ski jump toenails, large caliber veins, and subcutaneous thickening...
- Lymphography prior to laparoscopic Palomo varicocelectomy to prevent postoperative hydroceleSalvatore F Chiarenza
Department of Pediatric Surgery, Saint Bortolo Hospital, Vicenza, Italy
J Laparoendosc Adv Surg Tech A 16:394-6. 2006..to identify and perioperatively preserve the ligature of the lymphatic vessels to reduce the incidence of postoperative testicular hydrocele in patients undergoing laparoscopic Palomo varicocelectomy for adolescent varicocele.
- Abdominal polyorchidism: a case report and review of the literatureCem Ozden Yeniyol
SSK Karsiyaka Dispensary, Urology Outpatient Clinic, Izmir, Turkey
Int Urol Nephrol 36:407-8. 2004..Patients may present with pain or scrotal swelling. Most commonly abnormalities are maldescent (40%), hernia (30%), torsion (15%), hydrocele (9%) and malignancy (6%).
- The ultrasound investigation of scrotal swellingM Micallef
Department of Radiology, Altnagelvin Hospital, Londonderry, Northern Ireland
Int J STD AIDS 11:297-302. 2000..The cause of the scrotal swelling was mainly extratesticular (75% of all scrotal swellings), hydrocele being the commonest. Of the intratesticular causes, infection (50.8%) and tumour (20.6%) were the commonest...
- Unbalanced segregation of a complex four-break 5q23-31 insertion in the 5p13 band in a malformed childDaniela Giardino
Laboratorio di Citogenetica, Istituto Auxologico Italiano, Milan, Italy
Eur J Hum Genet 12:455-9. 2004..showed hypotonia, microcephaly, cardiac defects, pulmonary hypoplasia and stenosis, bilateral hydronephrosis, hydrocele, testicular hypoplasia and phimosis. Dysmorphisms were also observed...
- [The treatment of inguinofemoral hernias with laparoscopic herniorraphy. Our experience of 1210 transabdominal preperitoneal (TAPP) reconstructions]Jozsef Batorfi
Nagykanizsa Megyei Jogú Város Kórháza, Altalános Sebészeti Osztály
Magy Seb 58:385-97. 2005..b>Hydrocele, which developed in the remnant of the sac was operated on in 3 (0.25%) patients...
- Cremaster muscles obtained from boys with an undescended testis show significant neurological changesF C Tanyel
Department of Paediatric Surgery, Hacettepe University, Faculty of Medicine, Ankara, Turkey
BJU Int 85:116-9. 2000To compare cremaster muscles (CMs) obtained from boys with inguinal hernia, hydrocele or an undescended testis and those obtained from girls with inguinal hernia, thus defining the changes associated with each clinical condition.
- Impact of chronic lymphatic filariasis on quantity and quality of productive work among weavers in an endemic village from IndiaB V Babu
Epidemiology Division, Regional Medical Research Centre, Indian Council of Medical Research, Bhubaneswar, Orissa, India
Trop Med Int Health 11:712-7. 2006To assess the impact of hydrocele and lymphoedema on the quantity and quality of productive work of weavers.
- Diagnosis of malignant mesothelioma of the tunica vaginalis testis by ultrasound-guided fine-needle aspirationCostanza Bruno
Department of Radiology, University of Verona, Istituto di Radiologia dell Università, Policlinico G B Rossi, Piazzale L A Scuro 1, 37134 Verona, Italy
J Clin Ultrasound 30:181-3. 2002..a few cases has the correct diagnosis been obtained preoperatively by cytologic examination of fluid from the hydrocele. We describe a case of mesothelioma of the tunica vaginalis testis that was suspected on sonography because of ..
- [The acute scrotum]R H Ringert
Klinik für Urologie der Georg August Universität Göttingen
Z Arztl Fortbild Qualitatssich 92:343-8. 1998..spermatic cord torsion, torsion of testicular appendages, epididymitis, orchitis, incarcerated scrotal hernia, hydrocele, varicocele, trauma, tumor and testicular pain in vasculitis syndromes such as Schoenlein-Hennoch purpura...
- Torsion of a communicating hydrocele in a childKoji Shiraishi
Department of Urology, Saiseikai Shimonoseki General Hospital, Yamaguchi, Japan
Int J Urol 12:111-2. 2005Among the diseases presenting as acute scrotum, torsion of a communicating hydrocele is extremely rare. A 5-year-old boy was referred with discomfort and swelling of the left scrotum...
- Bancroftian filariasis: analysis of infection and disease in five endemic communities of north-eastern TanzaniaD W Meyrowitsch
Danish Bilharziasis Laboratory, Charlottenlund, Denmark
Ann Trop Med Parasitol 89:653-63. 1995..b>Hydrocele was the most common clinical manifestation (with a prevalence of 30.2%-40...
- Sonographic appearance of canal of Nuck hydroceleParitosh C Khanna
Department of Diagnostic Imaging and Radiology, Children s National Medical Center, George Washington University, Washington DC, USA
Pediatr Radiol 37:603-6. 2007..On sonography, she was thought to have a hydrocele of a patent processus vaginalis, although differentials could not be excluded...
- Malignant mesothelioma of testicular tunica vaginalisKazuhiro Abe
Department of Urology, Jikei University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Int J Urol 9:602-3. 2002..An 81-year-old Japanese man with left hydrocele was referred for operation...
- Testicular microlithiasis: what does it mean clinically?Haitham Dagash
Department of Paediatric Urology, Sheffield Children s Hospital, Sheffield, UK
BJU Int 99:157-60. 2007....
- Abdominoscrotal hydrocele--is there a place for conservative management?V Upadhyay
Department of Paediatric Surgery and Radiology, Starship Children s Hospital, Auckland, New Zealand
Eur J Pediatr Surg 16:282-4. 2006Abdominoscrotal hydrocele (ASH) is an uncommon entity. It consists of large inguinoscrotal swelling which is dumbbell shaped, and in theory, communicates with its intra-abdominal component...
- Sarco(endo)plasmic reticulum and plasmalemmal Ca(2+)-ATPase activities in cremaster muscles and sacs differ according to the associated inguinal pathologyN N Ulusu
Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Medicine, Hacettepe University, Ankara, Turkey
Cell Biochem Funct 25:515-9. 2007..Samples of cremaster muscles and sacs associated with male or female inguinal hernia, hydrocele or undescended testis were obtained from children during operations and activities of SERCA and PMCA were ..
- Bancroftian filariasis in Kwale District of Kenya. I. Clinical and parasitological survey in an endemic communityB B Estambale
Department of Medical Microbiology, University of Nairobi, Kenya
Ann Trop Med Parasitol 88:145-51. 1994..Approximately 16.5% of the males aged > or = 15 years had hydrocele and 2.4% of the population had elephantiasis...
- Hydrocele of the canal of Nuck: value of radiological diagnosisRanjeet Jagdale
Department of Radiology, Kasturba Medical College, Manipal, India
J Radiol Case Rep 6:18-22. 2012b>Hydrocele of the canal of Nuck (cyst of the canal of Nuck) is the female homologue of hydrocele of the spermatic cord in males and is a rarely encountered entity, mostly diagnosed on the operating table at the time of suspected inguinal ..
- Autonomic nervous system appears to play a role in obliteration of processus vaginalisF C Tanyel
The Department of Pediatric Surgery, Hacettepe University Faculty of Medicine, 06100, Ankara, Turkey
Hernia 8:149-54. 2004..Sacs from hernia, hydrocele, or undescended testis reveal alterations in Ca(2+) contents...
- Morvan syndrome: after scrotal sac drainage and chemical instillation in hydroceleSanjay Sharma
Department of Neurology, Ramkrishna Care Hospital, Raipur, Chhattisgarh, India
Neurol India 61:300-2. 2013..the occurrence of Morvan syndrome (MoS) after scrotal tap and injection of sclerosing agent for the treatment of hydrocele in 5 male. The mean age was 43...
- Inguinal approach in adult hydrocele surgery: preliminary randomized studyKadir Ceylan
Department of Urology, Yuzuncu Yil University, Van, Turkey
Adv Ther 23:159-62. 2006This prospective study compared the effects of scrotal and inguinal approaches in hydrocele repair...
- Female hydrocele of the canal of Nuck: a case reportFrederic De Meulder
Department of Pediatrics, University Hospital Antwerp, Wilrijkstraat 10 B 2650, Edegem Antwerp, Belgium
Eur J Pediatr 165:193-4. 2006..When the processus vaginalis fails to close, it can result in a hernia or hydrocele, both in women and men. Female hydrocele of the canal of Nuck is uncommon...
- Hydrocele of the canal of NuckProsanta Kumar Bhattacharjee
Department of Surgery, RG Kar Medical College and Hospital, Kolkata
J Indian Med Assoc 104:150-1. 2006b>Hydrocele of the canal of Nuck is an uncomon and infrequently reported finding in women. A 24-year-old female presented with a painless left groin swelling which was soft, cystic, non-tender with 7.5 cm x 5 cm in measurement...
- The Role of Hormone Polymorphisms in Menstrual Function and FertilityCHANLEY SMALL; Fiscal Year: 2008..The proposed pilot study is an efficient use of existing data and biological specimens to explore these relationships among a subset of important genes in reproductive function. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..