Genomes and Genes
Summary: Resorption in which cementum or dentin is lost from the root of a tooth owing to cementoclastic or osteoclastic activity in conditions such as trauma of occlusion or neoplasms. (Dorland, 27th ed)
Publications259 found, 100 shown here
- A finite element model of apical force distribution from orthodontic tooth movementD J Rudolph
University of California, School of Dentistry, Los Angeles, USA
Angle Orthod 71:127-31. 2001..The maxillary central incisor was chosen for study because it is one of the teeth at greatest risk for apical root resorption. The material properties of enamel, dentin, PDL, and bone and 5 different load systems (tipping, intrusion, ..
- Orthodontically induced inflammatory root resorption. Part I: The basic science aspectsNaphtali Brezniak
Israel Defense Forces, Tel Hashomer
Angle Orthod 72:175-9. 2002Orthodontically induced inflammatory root resorption (OIIRR) or, as it is better known, root resorption, is an unavoidable pathologic consequence of orthodontic tooth movement...
- Management of inflammatory external root resorption by using calcium-enriched mixture cement: a case reportSaeed Asgary
Iranian Center for Endodontic Research, Dental Research Center, Dental School, Shahid Beheshti University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran
J Endod 37:411-3. 2011Inflammatory external root resorption is one of the major complications after replantation of avulsed teeth...
- Orthodontically induced inflammatory root resorption. Part II: The clinical aspectsNaphtali Brezniak
Israel Defense Forces, Tel Hashomer
Angle Orthod 72:180-4. 2002Over the past 10 years, orthodontically induced inflammatory root resorption (OIIRR) has been increasingly recognized as an iatrogenic consequence of orthodontic treatment...
- Genetic predisposition to external apical root resorptionRiyad A Al-Qawasmi
School of Dentistry, Indiana University, Indianapolis 46202 5186, USA
Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop 123:242-52. 2003External apical root resorption (EARR) can be an undesirable sequela of orthodontic treatment. Previous studies have suggested that EARR has a substantial genetic component...
- Endodontics: Part 9. Calcium hydroxide, root resorption, endo-perio lesionsP Carrotte
Department of Adult Dental Care, Glasgow Dental Hospital and School, 378 Sauchiehall Street, Glasgow G2 3JZ, UK
Br Dent J 197:735-43. 2004..Endo-perio lesions are complex and the correct diagnosis is essential if treatment is to be successful. However, root canal treatment will always be the first phase in treating such lesions...
- Evaluation of root resorption following rapid maxillary expansion using cone-beam computed tomographyAsli Baysal
Department of Orthodontics, Faculty of Dentistry, Kocaeli University, Kocaeli, Turkey
Angle Orthod 82:488-94. 2012To evaluate the root resorption after rapid maxillary expansion (RME) via cone-beam computed tomography (CBCT).
- Root resorption after orthodontic intrusion and extrusion: an intraindividual studyGuangli Han
Department of Orthodontics, School and Hospital of Stomatology, Wuhan University, People s Republic of China
Angle Orthod 75:912-8. 2005The aim of this investigation was to compare root resorption in the same individual after application of continuous intrusive and extrusive forces. In nine patients (mean age 15...
- Predicting and preventing root resorption: Part II. Treatment factorsG T Sameshima
Department of Orthodontics, DEN 312D, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA 90089 0641, USA
Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop 119:511-5. 2001..of this study was to determine which treatment factors are most clearly identified with external apical root resorption that is detectable on periapical radiographs at the end of orthodontic treatment...
- Assessment of root resorption and root shape: periapical vs panoramic filmsG T Sameshima
Department of Orthodontics, University of Southern California, Los Angeles 90089 0641, USA
Angle Orthod 71:185-9. 2001..than the other in the pretreatment evaluation of root shape and the posttreatment computation of apical root resorption. Pretreatment and posttreatment panoramic films and full-mouth periapical films from 42 patients who ..
- The tissue, cellular, and molecular regulation of orthodontic tooth movement: 100 years after Carl SandstedtMurray C Meikle
Department of Oral Sciences, Faculty of Dentistry, University of Otago, Dunedin, New Zealand
Eur J Orthod 28:221-40. 2006..Orthodontic tooth movement involves two interrelated processes: (1) deflection or bending of the alveolar bone and (2) remodelling of the periodontal tissues...
- The effect of prostaglandin E2 and calcium gluconate on orthodontic tooth movement and root resorption in ratsMassoud Seifi
Department of Orthodontics, Shahid Beheshti University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran
Eur J Orthod 25:199-204. 2003Possible modifications in orthodontic tooth movement (OTM) and root resorption as a result of local injections of prostaglandin E2 (PGE2) alone and with calcium gluconate (Ca) formed the aim of the present study...
- The detection and management of root resorption lesions using intraoral radiography and cone beam computed tomography - an in vivo investigationS Patel
Endodontic Postgraduate Unit, King s College London Dental Institute, London, UK
Int Endod J 42:831-8. 2009..To compare the accuracy of intraoral periapical radiography with cone beam computed tomography (CBCT) for the detection and management of resorption lesions...
- Apical root resorption after orthodontic treatment -- a retrospective studySatu Apajalahti
Department of Dental Radiology, Institute of Dentistry, University of Helsinki, Finland
Eur J Orthod 29:408-12. 2007The purpose of the study was to compare the incidence and severity of apical root resorption in patients treated with different orthodontic appliances and to evaluate the effect of treatment duration on the degree of apical root ..
- Severe external apical root resorption--local cause or genetic predisposition?Kathrin Sehr
Department of Orthodontics, Medical Center for Dental and Oral Medicine, Justus Liebig University, Schlangenzahl 14, 35392, Giessen, Germany
J Orofac Orthop 72:321-31. 2011Current data suggest that a large extent of the variation in orthodontic root resorption may be explained by differences in individual genetic predisposition. This would imply, however, a similar root resorption reaction in all teeth.
- Apical root resorption after lingual orthodontic therapyUlrike Fritz
Department of Orthodontics, University of Aachen, Germany
J Orofac Orthop 64:434-42. 2003....
- Monozygotic twins with idiopathic internal root resorption: A case reportDaniel Urban
1st Department of Stomatology, Faculty of Medicine, Pavol Jozef Safarik University, Kosice, Slovakia
Aust Endod J 36:79-82. 2010This study presents the first case of internal root resorption in monozygotic twins. Genetic factors have been implicated in the development of root resorption lesions...
- Root resorption associated with orthodontic tooth movement: a systematic reviewBelinda Weltman
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop 137:462-76; discussion 12A. 2010This systematic review evaluated root resorption as an outcome for patients who had orthodontic tooth movement...
- Comparison of two cone beam computed tomographic systems versus panoramic imaging for localization of impacted maxillary canines and detection of root resorptionAli Alqerban
Department of Orthodontics, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium
Eur J Orthod 33:93-102. 2011The diagnostic accuracy for the localization of impacted canines and the detection of canine-induced root resorption of maxillary incisors were compared between conventional radiographic procedures using one two-dimensional (2D) ..
- Comparison of root resorption between self-ligating and conventional preadjusted brackets using cone beam computed tomographyVanessa Leite
Department of Orthodontics, University of North Parana, Londrina, Parana, Brazil
Angle Orthod 82:1078-82. 2012To compare the magnitude of external apical root resorption (EARR) of incisors in patients undergoing the initial phase of orthodontic treatment with two sets of brackets.
- A radiographic analysis of external apical root resorption of maxillary incisors during active orthodontic treatmentHooman Mohandesan
Dental Research Center, Faculty of Dentistry, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Tehran
Eur J Orthod 29:134-9. 2007External apical root resorption (EARR) is an undesirable consequence of orthodontic treatment...
- Internal root resorption: a reviewShanon Patel
Endodontic Postgraduate Unit, King s College, London Dental Institute, London, United Kingdom
J Endod 36:1107-21. 2010Internal root resorption is the progressive destruction of intraradicular dentin and dentinal tubules along the middle and apical thirds of the canal walls as a result of clastic activities.
- Perceived long-term prognosis of teeth with orthodontically resorbed rootsK S Lee
Institute for Regulatory Science, Columbia, MD, USA
Orthod Craniofac Res 6:177-91. 2003To investigate the perceived significance of root resorption in the dental community. STUDY DESIGN AND SAMPLE: Mail out survey questionnaire accompanied by morphed images of 10-50% root resorption...
- Three-dimensional mechanical environment of orthodontic tooth movement and root resorptionRodrigo F Viecilli
Biomechanics Laboratory, Department of Orthodontics and Orofacial Genetics, Indiana University School of Dentistry and Purdue School of Engineering and Technology, Indianapolis, Ind 46202, USA
Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop 133:791.e11-26. 2008..characterization of the mechanical environment, there is no consensus on the mechanisms that link stimuli to root resorption and bone response...
- Predicting and preventing root resorption: Part I. Diagnostic factorsG T Sameshima
Department of Orthodontics, DEN 312D, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA 90089 0641, USA
Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop 119:505-10. 2001..pretreatment factors that will allow the clinician to predict the incidence, location, and severity of root resorption before the commencement of orthodontic treatment...
- Invasive cervical root resorption: treatment rationale with an interdisciplinary approachAmi Smidt
Center for Graduate Studies in Prosthodontics, Department of Prosthodontics, Faculty of Dental Medicine, Hebrew University Hadassah, Jerusalem, Israel
J Endod 33:1383-7. 2007..The presented interdisciplinary technique is offered for the prudent clinician as a solution in ICR cases of severe destructive nature...
- Apical root resorption 6 months after initiation of fixed orthodontic appliance therapyIsolde Smale
Department of Developmental and Preventative Sciences, Kuwait University, Kuwait
Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop 128:57-67. 2005Individual predisposition might be a major reason for the observed variation in apical orthodontic root resorption. If so, resorption might be expressed during the initial stages of orthodontic therapy in patients at risk.
- Ultrastructure of cementum and periodontal ligament after continuous intrusion in humans: a transmission electron microscopy studyR M Faltin
Laboratory of Mineralized Tissue Biology, Department of Histology and Embryology, Institute of Biomedical Sciences, , Brazil
Eur J Orthod 23:35-49. 2001..Thus, a reduction of continuous force magnitude should be considered to preserve the integrity of tissues...
- Apical root resorption six and 12 months after initiation of fixed orthodontic appliance therapyJon Artun
Department of Developmental and Preventive Sciences, Faculty of Dentistry, Kuwait University, Kuwait City, Kuwait
Angle Orthod 75:919-26. 2005The low explained variance of identified risk factors for apical root resorption in orthodontic patients suggests effects of parameters related to individual predisposition. Our purpose was to explore this hypothesis...
- Detection of apical root resorption after orthodontic treatment by using panoramic radiography and cone-beam computed tomography of super-high resolutionAlexander Dudic
Department of Orthodontics, University of Geneva, Geneva, Switzerland
Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop 135:434-7. 2009Apical root resorption is an adverse side effect of orthodontic treatment. We compared panoramic radiography (OPT) with cone-beam computed tomography (CBCT) in evaluating orthodontically induced apical root resorption.
- A radiographic comparison of apical root resorption after orthodontic treatment with 3 different fixed appliance techniquesG R Janson
Department of Orthodontics, Bauru Dental School, University of Sao Paulo, Brazil
Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop 118:262-73. 2000Apical root resorption is an undesirable, but frequent side effect of orthodontic treatment, and therefore improvements in orthodontic techniques and materials are in constant development to decrease it...
- Hyalinization and root resorption during early orthodontic tooth movement in adolescentsJ Kurol
Department of Orthodontics, Lund University, Faculty of Odontology, Malmo, Sweden
Angle Orthod 68:161-5. 1998..were recorded opposite an intact root surface (54%) or close to and just apical or coronal to an area of root resorption (45%), and were usually located buccocervically and linguoapically, corresponding to expected pressure zones ..
- Root resorption related to hypofunctional periodontium in experimental tooth movementS Sringkarnboriboon
Orthodontic Science, Department of Orofacial Development and Function, Division of Oral Health Science, Graduate School, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, 1 5 45 Yushima, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 8549, Japan
J Dent Res 82:486-90. 2003Orthodontic movement of non-occluding teeth may result in undesirable apical root resorption. These teeth present with a histologically altered periodontium and are considered to be hypofunctional...
- External apical root resorption in patients treated with conventional and self-ligating bracketsNikolaos Pandis
Department of Pediatric Dentistry, School of Dentistry, University of Athens, Athens, Greece
Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop 134:646-51. 2008Our aim was to comparatively investigate the amount of external apical root resorption (EARR) between conventional and passive self-ligating brackets.
- Cellular and extracellular factors in early root resorption repair in the ratAndreas Jager
Department of Orthodontics, University of Bonn, Bonn, Germany
Eur J Orthod 30:336-45. 2008..Cells with a defined osteoblastic phenotype seemed to be of minor importance in this repair process...
- Physiologic root resorption in primary teeth: molecular and histological eventsEvlambia Harokopakis-Hajishengallis
Department of Orthodontics and Pediatric Dentistry, School of Dentistry, University of Louisville, KY 40292, USA
J Oral Sci 49:1-12. 2007b>Root resorption is a physiologic event for the primary teeth. It is still unclear whether odontoclasts, the cells which resorb the dental hard tissue, are different from the osteoclasts, the cells that resorb bone...
- External apical root resorption in Class II malocclusion: a retrospective review of 1- versus 2-phase treatmentIlana Brin
Department of Orthodontics, HU Hadassah SDM, Jerusalem, Israel
Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop 124:151-6. 2003External apical root resorption (EARR) is an imperfectly understood problem of orthodontic treatment...
- The effect of intracanal anti-inflammatory medicaments on external root resorption of replanted dog teeth after extended extra-oral dry timeH Chen
Private Practice, Durham, NC, USA
Dent Traumatol 24:74-8. 2008..Studies show that after 60 min dry time, root resorption is predicted...
- Force magnitude and duration effects on amount of tooth movement and root resorption in the rat molarCarmen Gonzales
Division of Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics, Nagasaki University Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, Nagasaki, Japan
Angle Orthod 78:502-9. 2008To test the hypothesis that there is no difference in the effect of different continuous moderate to very heavy forces on root resorption or amount of tooth movement.
- Treatment of inflammatory internal root resorption with mineral trioxide aggregate: a case reportM Jacobovitz
Paulista Association of Dental Surgeons, Regional de São Carlos, Sao Carlos, Brazil
Int Endod J 41:905-12. 2008..To report the treatment and follow-up of a maxillary central incisor with internal resorption managed by root canal treatment, white mineral trioxide aggregate (MTA) repair and a fibre-glass post for reinforcement...
- Bone structure effect on root resorptionLinda L Otis
Oral and Maxillofacial Radiology, School of Dental Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, 4001 Spruce Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Orthod Craniofac Res 7:165-77. 2004To explore if alveolar bone shape and density might promote external apical root resorption.
- Method to evaluate inflammatory root resorption by using cone beam computed tomographyCarlos Estrela
Department of Endodontics, Federal University of Goias, Goiania, GO, Brazil
J Endod 35:1491-7. 2009The aim of this study was to evaluate a method to measure inflammatory root resorption (IRR) by using cone beam computed tomography (CBCT) scans.
- Physical properties of root cementum: Part 10. Comparison of the effects of invisible removable thermoplastic appliances with light and heavy orthodontic forces on premolar cementum. A microcomputed-tomography studyLaura J Barbagallo
Discipline of Orthodontics, Faculty of Dentistry, University of Sydney, Sydney, Australia
Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop 133:218-27. 2008..The amount of orthodontically induced inflammatory root resorption generated by such appliances has not been investigated...
- Effect of soluble receptors to interleukin-1 and tumor necrosis factor alpha on experimentally induced root resorption in ratsDongliang Zhang
Jilin University, Dental School, Department of Orthodontics, Jilin, People s Republic of China
J Periodontal Res 38:324-32. 2003In this study, the role of the inflammatory cytokines interleukin-1 (IL-1) and tumor necrosis factor alpha (TNFalpha) in the course of mechanically induced root resorption was investigated.
- Identification of orthodontic patients at risk of severe apical root resorptionJon Artun
Department of Developmental and Preventive Sciences, Kuwait University, Safat, Kuwait
Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop 135:448-55. 2009Current information suggests that the major variation in orthodontic root resorption can be explained by differences in individual predisposition...
- Apical root resorption comparison between Fränkel and eruption guidance appliancesGuilherme Janson
Department of Orthodontics, Bauru Dental School, University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop 131:729-35. 2007The objectives of this study were to compare the amounts of apical root resorption that occur after treatment with 2 removable appliances-the Fränkel function regulator and the eruption guidance appliance (EGA)-in an untreated control ..
- Root resorption--diagnosis, classification and treatment choices based on stimulation factorsZvi Fuss
Department of Endodontology, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel
Dent Traumatol 19:175-82. 2003Etiology of different types of root resorption requires two phases: mechanical or chemical injury to the protective tissues and stimulation by infection or pressure. Injury can be similar in various types of root resorption...
- Apical root resorption of upper incisors during the torquing stage of the tip-edge techniqueM van Loenen
Orthodontic Department, School of Dentistry, University of Ghent De Pintelaan 185, P8 B 9000 Ghent Belgium
Eur J Orthod 29:583-8. 2007..of this study was to investigate whether treatment with the Tip-Edge appliance resulted in more apical root resorption (ARR) of the central and lateral incisors during the torquing (third stage) than the non-torquing phases (..
- Repair of orthodontically induced root resorption by ultrasound in humansTarek El-Bialy
Faculty of Dentistry, King Abdullah Aziz University, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop 126:186-93. 2004b>Root resorption is an adverse outcome of orthodontic tooth movement. In addition to the iatrogenic response and compromising the crown-root ratio, root resorption has led to increased malpractice litigation against orthodontists...
- Influence of steroid drugs on orthodontically induced root resorptionC Verna
Department of Orthodontics, School of Dentistry, Aarhus University, Aarhus, Denmark
Orthod Craniofac Res 9:57-62. 2006To investigate the effect of acute and chronic corticosteroid treatment on orthodontically induced root resorption.
- Biomechanical aspects of external root resorption in orthodontic therapyAllan Abuabara
Health Division, Joinville, Santa Catarina, Brazil
Med Oral Patol Oral Cir Bucal 12:E610-3. 2007External apical root resorption is a common phenomenon associated with orthodontic treatment. The factors relevant to root resorption can be divided into biological and mechanical factors...
- Effects of local administration of clodronate on orthodontic tooth movement and root resorption in ratsLin Liu
Tohoku University Graduate School of Dentistry, Sendai, Japan
Eur J Orthod 26:469-73. 2004..01) than on the control side. Local clodronate also inhibited root resorption incident to tooth movement...
- Failure of treatment of impacted canines associated with invasive cervical root resorptionAdrian Becker
Department of Orthodontics, Hebrew University Hadassah School of Dental Medicine, Jerusalem, Israel
Angle Orthod 83:870-6. 2013To propose invasive cervical root resorption (ICRR) as an unrecognized and/or overlooked etiologic factor in the failure of response of an impacted tooth to orthodontic traction and to underline the importance of cone beam computerized ..
- Incidence and severity of root resorption in orthodontically moved premolars in dogsJ C Maltha
Department of Orthodontics and Oral Biology, University Medical Centre Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Orthod Craniofac Res 7:115-21. 2004To study treatment-related factors for external root resorption during orthodontic tooth movement.
- An M-CSF receptor c-Fms antibody inhibits mechanical stress-induced root resorption during orthodontic tooth movement in miceHideki Kitaura
Divisions of Orthodontic and Dentofacial Orthopedics, Department of Translational Medicine, Course of Medical and Dental Sciences, Nagasaki University Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, Nagasaki, Japan
Angle Orthod 79:835-41. 2009To examine the effect of anti-c-Fms antibody on odontoclastogenesis and root resorption in an orthodontic tooth movement mouse model.
- Root resorption and the OPG/RANKL/RANK system: a mini reviewJoanna B Tyrovola
Department of Orthodontics, School of Dentistry, University of Athens, Athens, Greece
J Oral Sci 50:367-76. 2008Odontoclastic root resorption is a significant clinical issue in relation to orthodontic tooth movement, and resorption of the roots of primary teeth is an intriguing biological phenomenon...
- Correlation between occlusal contact and root resorption in teeth with periodontal diseaseE Crespo Vázquez
Department of Morphological Sciences, Faculty of Medicine and Dentistry, University of Santiago de Compostela, Santiago de Compostela, Spain
J Periodontal Res 46:82-8. 2011..The occlusal forces are a cause in the aggravation of the periodontal disease and therefore influences in the increase the extension and the depth of the radicular resorption...
- Root resorption before and after orthodontic treatment: a clinical study of contributory factorsRuo ping Jiang
Department of Orthodontics, Peking University School and Hospital of Stomatology, Beijing, China
Eur J Orthod 32:693-7. 2010This clinical study evaluated factors related to root resorption before (T1) and after (T2) orthodontic treatment...
- Deciduous canine and permanent lateral incisor differential root resorptionK R Davies
The University of Iowa, Iowa City 52242, USA
Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop 120:339-47. 2001..understanding of this differential resorption could provide insight into the reasons for excessive iatrogenic root resorption during orthodontic tooth movement...
- Inhibitory effects of IL-12 on experimental tooth movement and root resorption in miceMasako Yoshimatsu
Department of Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics, Nagasaki University Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, 1 7 1 Sakamoto, Nagasaki, Japan
Arch Oral Biol 57:36-43. 2012..In this study, we investigated the effects of IL-12 on mechanical tooth movement in mice...
- Apical root resorption in patients treated with comprehensive orthodonticsE F Harris
College of Dentistry, University of Tennessee, Memphis, USA
J Tenn Dent Assoc 81:30-3. 2001External apical root resorption (EARR) is a common--but seldom extreme--consequence of orthodontic treatment. Incisors are most at risk, perhaps because of their single roots and because they typically are moved farther than other teeth...
- Comparison of 6 cone-beam computed tomography systems for image quality and detection of simulated canine impaction-induced external root resorption in maxillary lateral incisorsAli Alqerban
Department of Orthodontics, Faculty of Medicine, School of Dentistry, Oral Pathology and Maxillo Facial Surgery, Catholic University of Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop 140:e129-39. 2011..image quality and the radiographic diagnostic accuracy for detection of simulated canine-induced external root resorption lesions in maxillary lateral incisors were compared among 6 cone-beam computed tomography (CBCT) systems in ..
- Comparison of intracanal EndoSequence Root Repair Material and ProRoot MTA to induce pH changes in simulated root resorption defects over 4 weeks in matched pairs of human teethStephen W Hansen
Department of Endodontology, School of Dentistry, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, Oregon, USA
J Endod 37:502-6. 2011..aggregate (MTA) may provide an alternative to calcium hydroxide in the treatment of external inflammatory root resorption. This in vitro study using human matched pairs of teeth compared white ProRoot MTA (WMTA; (Dentsply Tulsa ..
- Quantitative digital subtraction radiography in the assessment of external apical root resorption induced by orthodontic therapy: a retrospective studyRaghavendra Sunku
Department of Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthodpedics, Dental College and Hospital, Sangareddy, Andhra Pradesh, India
J Contemp Dent Pract 12:422-8. 2011..to measure the densities around six teeth (maxilla central incisors, lateral incisors, and canines) before and after orthodontic treatment in 36 patients and also assess treatment variables and their coorelation with root resorption.
- Postorthodontic external root resorption is associated with IL1 receptor antagonist gene variationsA Iglesias-Linares
Department of Orthodontics, School of Dentistry, University of Seville, Seville, Spain
Oral Dis 18:198-205. 2012External apical root resorption (EARR) is a frequent iatrogenic effect of orthodontic treatment. Patients with genetic variants in the interleukin 1 gene have been related to an increased risk of suffering EARR...
- Internal root resorption associated with inadequate caries removal and orthodontic therapyYoshifumi Kinomoto
Department of Restorative Dentistry and Endodontology, Osaka University Graduate School of Dentistry, Suita, Japan
J Endod 28:405-7. 2002This case report presents a case of internal root resorption originating from inadequate caries removal and orthodontic therapy in maxillary right lateral incisor in a 13-yr-old female...
- Inflammatory root resorption in primary molars: prevalence and associated factorsRaquel Gonçalves Vieira-Andrade
Department of Orthodontics and Pediatric Dentistry, School of Dentistry, Federal University of Minas Gerais, Belo Horizonte, MG, Brazil
Braz Oral Res 26:335-40. 2012This study aimed at determining the prevalence of inflammatory root resorption and associated factors in 1068 primary mandibular molars in 453 children 3 to 12 years of age...
- Effect of surgical implantation of recombinant human bone morphogenetic protein-2 in a bioabsorbable collagen sponge or calcium phosphate putty carrier in intrabony periodontal defects in the baboonNeil M Blumenthal
Department of Periodontology, University of Illinois at Chicago, College of Dentistry, Chicago, IL 60612 7212, USA
J Periodontol 73:1494-506. 2002..of this study is to evaluate regeneration of alveolar bone, cementum, periodontal ligament, and associated root resorption and ankylosis following surgical implantation of rhBMP-2 in an absorbable collagen sponge (ACS) or a calcium ..
- Nonsurgical endodontic management using MTA for perforative defect of internal root resorption: report of a long term follow-upManoel Brito-Júnior
Department of Dentistry, State University of Montes Claros, Montes Claros, Brazil
Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 110:784-8. 2010Internal root resorption is an uncommon lesion following a dental injury. The use of mineral trioxide aggregate (MTA) is a conservative approach to repair lesions with periodontal communication...
- Apical root resorption in orthodontic patients with en-masse maxillary anterior retraction and intrusion with miniscrewsEric J W Liou
Department of Orthodontics and Craniofacial Dentistry Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop 137:207-12. 2010The purposes of this retrospective study were to investigate the apical root resorption of maxillary incisors in orthodontic patients with en-masse maxillary anterior retraction and intrusion with miniscrews and the factors disposing a ..
- Cervical external root resorption in vital teethL Bergmans
Department of Operative Dentistry and Dental Materials, BIOMAT, Catholic University of Leuven, Belgium
J Clin Periodontol 29:580-5. 2002..In addition, histopathological examination reveals the cellular morphology of the adjacent tissues...
- Orthodontic tooth movement and root resorption in ovariectomized rats treated by systemic administration of zoledronic acidIrin Sirisoontorn
Department of Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics, Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, Nagasaki University, Japan
Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop 141:563-73. 2012..The effect of zoledronic acid, a potent and novel bisphosphonate, on tooth movement and orthodontically induced root resorption in osteoporotic animals systemically treated with zoledronic acid as similarly used in postmenopausal ..
- Apical root resorption due to orthodontic treatment detected by cone beam computed tomographyIury O Castro
School of Dentistry, Federal University of Goias, Goiania, Brazil
Angle Orthod 83:196-203. 2013To determine the frequency of apical root resorption (ARR) due to orthodontic treatment using cone beam computed tomography (CBCT) in a sample of 1256 roots from 30 patients.
- Age-dependent external root resorption during tooth movement in ratsYijin Ren
Department of Orthodontics, University Medical Centre Groningen, University of Groningen, The Netherlands
Acta Odontol Scand 66:93-8. 2008To investigate the effect of age on root resorption and distribution along different parts of the root during prolonged light force application.
- Surgical root restoration after external inflammatory root resorption: A case reportGeert M G Hommez
Department of Restorative Dentistry and Endodontology, Ghent University Hospital, Ghent University, Ghent, Belgium
J Endod 32:798-801. 2006External inflammatory root resorption after a jaw fracture is rare...
- Severe root resorption in orthodontic patients treated with the edgewise method: prevalence and predictive factorsLeandro Silva Marques
Department of Orthodontics, University of Vale do Rio Verde, Tres Coracoes, Brazil
Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop 137:384-8. 2010Our aims in this study were to assess the prevalence of severe root resorption and identify possible associations in orthodontic patients treated with the edgewise method.
- Diagnosis of artificially induced external root resorption using conventional intraoral film radiography, CCD, and PSP: an ex vivo studyKivanc Kamburoglu
Department of Oral Pathology and Oral Medicine, Maurice and Gabriela Goldschleger School of Dental Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel
Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 106:885-91. 2008To compare diagnosis of artificially induced external root resorption cavities using conventional intraoral film radiography (Kodak Insight), CCD sensor (Sopix wireless) and PSP sensor (Orex Digident).
- [External root resorption]Florian Rathe
Abteilung für Zahnerhaltungskunde und Parodontologie, Universitat Freiburg, Deutschland
Schweiz Monatsschr Zahnmed 116:245-53. 2006b>Root resorption may be a physiological (resorption of deciduous teeth) or a pathological process (resorption of permanent teeth). In the latter case an external and an internal form of resorption can be distinguished...
- Apical root resorption during orthodontic treatment. A prospective study using cone beam CTHenrik Lund
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Radiology, Institute of Odontology, Sahlgrenska Academy, University of Gothenburg, Sweden
Angle Orthod 82:480-7. 2012To investigate the incidence and severity of root resorption during orthodontic treatment by means of cone beam computed tomography (CBCT) and to explore factors affecting orthodontically induced inflammatory root resorption (OIIRR).
- Rapidly progressive internal root resorption: a case reportDavid Keinan
Department of Endodontics, The Hebrew University, Hadassah School of Dental Medicine, Jerusalem, Israel
Dent Traumatol 24:546-9. 2008The etiology of internal root resorption is not fully understandable, trauma and chronic pulpitis are considered the main risk factors. Usually the process is asymptomatic and diagnosed upon routine radiographic examination...
- Orthodontic root resorption of endodontically treated teethTarso Esteves
Department of Dentistry, State University of Maringa, PR, Brazil
J Endod 33:119-22. 2007The purpose of this study was to evaluate, radiographically, whether there is similarity in the apical root resorption found in endodontically treated teeth and untreated teeth when they are submitted to orthodontic treatment...
- Accuracy of an electronic apex locator in primary teeth with root resorptionO Angwaravong
Department of Pediatric Dentistry, Faculty of Dentistry, Khon Kaen University, Khon Kaen, Thailand
Int Endod J 42:115-21. 2009To evaluate whether root resorption of primary molar teeth affects the accuracy of the Root ZX apex locator and to compare the Root ZX at different meter readings with direct canal measurement.
- Inhibition of orthodontically induced root resorption with echistatin, an RGD-containing peptideNabeel F Talic
Orthodontic Division, Department of Preventive Dentistry, King Saud University, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop 129:252-60. 2006Induced dental root resorption is a common side effect of orthodontic treatment. It is an unpredictable phenomenon, and its etiology is unknown...
- Celebrex offers a small protection from root resorption associated with orthodontic movementJohn Jerome
University of Southern California School of Dentistry, Los Angeles 90033, USA
J Calif Dent Assoc 33:951-9. 2005..movement results from alveolar bone resorption/deposition following application of orthodontic forces, and root resorption can be an undesirable complication associated with this process...
- Constant versus dissipating forces in orthodontics: the effect on initial tooth movement and root resorptionF Weiland
Department of Orthodontics, University Dental School, Graz, Austria
Eur J Orthod 25:335-42. 2003..scanning microscopic study was to compare the effects of two frequently used archwires on tooth movement and root resorption. A total of 84 premolars in 27 individuals (10 boys, 17 girls, with a mean age of 12...
- Management of trauma-induced inflammatory root resorption using mineral trioxide aggregate obturation: two-year follow upIrem Güzeler
Department of Pediatric Dentistry, Faculty of Dentistry, Hacettepe University, Ankara, Turkey
Dent Traumatol 26:501-4. 2010Inflammatory root resorption is a serious complication of dental trauma, which leads to progressive loss of the root structure...
- Repair of root resorption 2 to 16 weeks after the application of continuous forces on maxillary first molars in rats: a 2- and 3-dimensional quantitative evaluationCarmen Gonzales
Division of Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics, Nagasaki University Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, Nagasaki, Japan
Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop 137:477-85. 2010b>Root resorption is a side effect of orthodontic treatment that occurs with the removal of hyalinized tissue...
- Root resorption: the possible role of extracellular matrix proteinsAdam Lee
Department of Orthodontics, University of Iowa, Iowa City 52242, USA
Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop 126:173-7. 2004..of this selective resorption could provide insights into the cause of moderate to severe iatrogenic root resorption during orthodontic tooth movement...
- Calcium ion diffusion levels from MTA and ApexCal in simulated external root resorption at middle third of the rootGingu Koshy George
SRM Dental College, Ramapuram, Chennai, India
Dent Traumatol 25:480-3. 2009..To simulate external root resorption, defects were created on the external surface of the root at the middle thirds...
- Root resorption following treatment with alignersNaphtali Brezniak
Head of the Orthodontic Residency, Orthodontic Department, Dental Unit, Medical Corps, Israel Defence Forces
Angle Orthod 78:1119-24. 2008Can orthodontically induced inflammatory root resorption (OIIRR) be the result of Invisalign treatment? Since OIIRR was first described in the literature, orthodontists have been looking for a treatment procedure where no root shortening ..
- Radiographic diagnosis of root resorption in relation to orthodonticsH A Leach
Department of Child Dental Health, Bristol Dental Hospital
Br Dent J 190:16-22. 2001The literature regarding external root resorption in relation to orthodontics and its radiographic diagnosis is reviewed, including a summary of the more common radiographic techniques available...
- The influences of molar intrusion on the inferior alveolar neurovascular bundle and root using the skeletal anchorage system in dogsT Daimaruya
Department of Orthodontics, Tohoku University School of Dentistry, Sendai, Japan
Angle Orthod 71:60-70. 2001..the effect of molar intrusion on the neurovascular bundle, the level of osseointegration of bone screws, and root resorption. The results of this study showed mandibular molars were intruded 3.4 mm on the average over 7 months in dogs...
- Intrusion of multiradicular teeth and related root resorption with mini-screw implant anchorage: a radiographic evaluationRoberto Carrillo
Orthodontic Department, Baylor College of Dentistry, Texas A and M Health Science Center, Dallas, Tex 75246, USA
Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop 132:647-55. 2007..This experimental study used various force magnitudes to evaluate (1) the stability of immediately loaded MSIs, (2) the amounts of tooth intrusion produced, and (3) the amounts of root resorption produced.
- Evaluation of correspondence of dental Computed Tomography imaging to anatomic observation of external root resorptionKazuhiko Nakata
Department of Endodontics, School of Dentistry, Aichi Gakuin University, Nagoya, Japan
J Endod 35:1594-7. 2009..compact dental CT, the 3D Accuitomo XYZ Slice View Tomograph (3D Accuitomo), was performed for examining the root resorption of a mandibular premolar in a patient who needed endodontic therapy...
- Generalized cervical root resorption associated with periodontal diseaseW Beertsen
Department of Periodontology, Academic Center for Dentistry Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Clin Periodontol 28:1067-73. 2001..In the present report, a case of severe cervical root resorption involving 24 anterior and posterior teeth is presented...
- Histological analysis of orthodontic root resorption in rats treated with the cyclooxygenase-2 (COX-2) inhibitor celecoxibG H Gameiro
Division of Orthodontics, Piracicaba Dental School, State University of Campinas UNICAMP, Piracicaba, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Orthod Craniofac Res 11:156-61. 2008..However, the effect of these drugs on orthodontic root resorption is not well understood.
- Study of external root resorption during orthodontic treatment in root filled teeth compared with their contralateral teeth with vital pulpsJ M Llamas-Carreras
Department of Orthodontics, School of Dentistry, University of Seville, Seville, Spain
Int Endod J 43:654-62. 2010To determine whether root filled teeth and those with vital pulps exhibit a similar degree of external root resorption (ERR) as a consequence of orthodontic treatment.
- Root resorption after experimental tooth movement using superelastic forces in the ratKoji Noda
Department of Orthodontics, School of Dental Medicine, Tsurumi University, Yokohama, Kanagawa, Japan
Eur J Orthod 32:681-7. 2010The purpose of this study was to assess the rate of root resorption in relation to different magnitudes of continuous force during experimental tooth movement using nickel-titanium (NiTi) alloy wire. Four force magnitudes of 0.8, 1...
- Analysis of orthodontically induced root resorption using micro-computed tomography (Micro-CT)Tom Wierzbicki
University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Angle Orthod 79:91-6. 2009To establish a protocol for assessing orthodontically induced tooth root resorption (OITRR) in human premolars using micro-computed tomography.
- Interleukin-1 polymorphisms in relation to external apical root resorption (EARR)Norbert Gülden
Department of Orthodontics, RWTH Aachen University, Aachen, Germany
J Orofac Orthop 70:20-38. 2009Recent papers have discussed genetic predisposition for root resorption. The aim of this study was to investigate this kind of relationship as dependent on the EARR phenotype...
- Ultrasound stimulation attenuates root resorption of rat replanted molars and impairs tumor necrosis factor-α signaling in vitroE B Rego
Department of Orthodontics and Craniofacial Developmental Biology, Hiroshima University Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, Hiroshima, Japan
J Periodontal Res 46:648-54. 2011A therapeutic protocol to minimize root resorption induced by tooth replantation has not yet been universally established. In this context, noninvasive modality such as ultrasound therapy have been a focus of increased interest...
- DETERMINANTS OF ROOT RESORPTION DUE TO ORTHODONTIC MOVEMENTMargarita Zeichner David; Fiscal Year: 2005b>Root resorption, either physiological or pathological, results in the destruction of mineralized and non-mineralized tissues of the dental roots...
- Genetic control of susceptibility to root resorptionShaza Abass; Fiscal Year: 2005External apical root resorption (EARR) is a common complication of orthodontic treatment...
- CEMENTOGENESIS: ROLE OF HERTWIG'S EPITHELIAL ROOT SHEATHMargarita Zeichner David; Fiscal Year: 2009..Furthermore, failure of HERS function will result in a cascade of root defects leading to root resorption. The following Specific Aims will test this hypothesis: 1) determine the mechanisms by which Nfi-c regulates ..
- Evaluation of Canine Retraction StrategiesJie Chen; Fiscal Year: 2012..theory will be predicted;and the actual clinical outcomes in terms of treatment time, tooth movement, and root resorption will be quantified using newly developed technologies...
- BIOMECHANISMS OF TOOTH ERUPTION,RESORPTION & REPLACEMENTZEEV DAVIDOVITCH; Fiscal Year: 1993..b>Root resorption is of particular concern during orthodontic tooth movement, and following dentoalveolar trauma...
- A Novel Implant-based Approach for Treating Retrognathic Hyperdivergent PatientsPeter Buschang; Fiscal Year: 2007..aim is to determine whether posterior teeth intruded with MSI's exhibit greater than expected amounts of root resorption. Root resorption will be measured longitudinally using standardized periapical radiographs...
- CHEMOATTRACTANTS & GROWTH FACTORS IN MINERALIZED TISSUESPeter Hauschka; Fiscal Year: 1991..prevention of pathological conditions, including osteoporosis, osteopetrosis, Paget's disease, and oral problems involving localized bone loss, alveolar ridge resorption, and tooth root resorption during orthodontic tooth movement.
- PATHOBIOLOGY OF THE DENTIN/PULP COMPLEXSyngcuk Kim; Fiscal Year: 1991..hypersensitive teeth, pulpal reaction to restorative procedures and traumatic injury of teeth and related root resorption. In these sessions basic researchers and clinicians will discuss the mechanisms and management of the ..
- INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE--BIOLOGY OF TOOTH MOVEMENTZEEV DAVIDOVITCH; Fiscal Year: 1991..Other sequelae of treatment include root resorption, periodontal pathoses, abnormal neuromuscular activities, and pain...
- STRESS-RELATED BONE RESORPTIONGregory King; Fiscal Year: 1980..Correlations between the degree of root resorption in the test animals and amount of calcium release in the bioassay will also be made...
- REGENERATION WITH PDGF TREATED OSTEOCONDUCTIVE MATERIALSSamuel Lynch; Fiscal Year: 2001..regeneration, and to determine if any abnormal healing responses in the periodontal defects such and ankylosis and root resorption occur with the use of the PDGF treated . PROPOSED COMMERCIAL APPLICATION: NOT AVAILABLE
- Root deformation and root resorptionThomas Katona; Fiscal Year: 2006unreadable] DESCRIPTION: Orthodontic root resorption is a major clinical and medico-legal concern...
- C. albicans From HIV+ Individuals&its Role in Drug resisKaaren Vargas; Fiscal Year: 2004..In the long-term, I would like to make significant contributions to science in the area of antifungal drug resistance. It is an exciting area of research and I feel strongly that I have the motivation to accomplish this goal. ..
- Guided Pocket Recolonization (GPR) in PeriodontitisMarc Quirynen; Fiscal Year: 2004..Clinical data will be collected after 2, 4, 6, 8 and 12 weeks. The results should indicate the possible role for commensal organisms in periodontal disease and subgingival biofilm formation. ..
- CRANIOFACIAL SKELETAL TISSUE ENGINEERING CONFERENCESunil Kapila; Fiscal Year: 2008..The meeting will be limited to 250 participants who have a background in bioengineering. ..
- Fibronectin Fragment-Induced Osteolysis Mediated by MMPsSunil Kapila; Fiscal Year: 2009..These studies will provide a fundamental understanding of the basis for bone loss in periodontal disease and other osteolytic diseases. ..
- Characterization of DMP1 A Dentin PhosphoproteinAnne George; Fiscal Year: 2008..The long-term goal is to understand the regulatory mechanism by which DMP1 plays a unique role in dentin mineralization. ..
- Craniofacial Imaging in the 21st CenturySunil Kapila; Fiscal Year: 2002..The meeting will be limited to 300 participants who have a background in imaging. This symposia series will provide momentum to discoveries that will be important to craniofacial sciences and patient care. ..
- Characterization of the structure and function of DMP2Anne George; Fiscal Year: 2006..The long-term goal is to understand the regulatory mechanism of DMP2 in dentin mineralization. ..
- BIOMIMETIC SCAFFOLD FOR BONE-REPAIRAnne George; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..