Genomes and Genes
Summary: Resorption in which cementum or dentin is lost from the root of a tooth owing to cementoclastic or osteoclastic activity in conditions such as trauma of occlusion or neoplasms. (Dorland, 27th ed)
Publications233 found, 100 shown here
- Physiologic root resorption in primary teeth: molecular and histological eventsEvlambia Harokopakis-Hajishengallis
Department of Orthodontics and Pediatric Dentistry, School of Dentistry, University of Louisville, KY 40292, USA
J Oral Sci 49:1-12. 2007b>Root resorption is a physiologic event for the primary teeth. It is still unclear whether odontoclasts, the cells which resorb the dental hard tissue, are different from the osteoclasts, the cells that resorb bone...
- Orthodontically induced inflammatory root resorption. Part I: The basic science aspectsNaphtali Brezniak
Israel Defense Forces, Tel Hashomer
Angle Orthod 72:175-9. 2002Orthodontically induced inflammatory root resorption (OIIRR) or, as it is better known, root resorption, is an unavoidable pathologic consequence of orthodontic tooth movement...
- Root resorption associated with orthodontic tooth movement: a systematic reviewBelinda Weltman
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop 137:462-76; discussion 12A. 2010This systematic review evaluated root resorption as an outcome for patients who had orthodontic tooth movement...
- The detection and management of root resorption lesions using intraoral radiography and cone beam computed tomography - an in vivo investigationS Patel
Endodontic Postgraduate Unit, King s College London Dental Institute, London, UK
Int Endod J 42:831-8. 2009..To compare the accuracy of intraoral periapical radiography with cone beam computed tomography (CBCT) for the detection and management of resorption lesions...
- Management of inflammatory external root resorption by using calcium-enriched mixture cement: a case reportSaeed Asgary
Iranian Center for Endodontic Research, Dental Research Center, Dental School, Shahid Beheshti University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran
J Endod 37:411-3. 2011Inflammatory external root resorption is one of the major complications after replantation of avulsed teeth...
- Endodontics: Part 9. Calcium hydroxide, root resorption, endo-perio lesionsP Carrotte
Department of Adult Dental Care, Glasgow Dental Hospital and School, 378 Sauchiehall Street, Glasgow G2 3JZ, UK
Br Dent J 197:735-43. 2004..Endo-perio lesions are complex and the correct diagnosis is essential if treatment is to be successful. However, root canal treatment will always be the first phase in treating such lesions...
- Root resorption after orthodontic intrusion and extrusion: an intraindividual studyGuangli Han
Department of Orthodontics, School and Hospital of Stomatology, Wuhan University, People s Republic of China
Angle Orthod 75:912-8. 2005The aim of this investigation was to compare root resorption in the same individual after application of continuous intrusive and extrusive forces. In nine patients (mean age 15...
- Evaluation of root resorption following rapid maxillary expansion using cone-beam computed tomographyAsli Baysal
Department of Orthodontics, Faculty of Dentistry, Kocaeli University, Kocaeli, Turkey
Angle Orthod 82:488-94. 2012To evaluate the root resorption after rapid maxillary expansion (RME) via cone-beam computed tomography (CBCT).
- Genetic predisposition to external apical root resorptionRiyad A Al-Qawasmi
School of Dentistry, Indiana University, Indianapolis 46202 5186, USA
Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop 123:242-52. 2003External apical root resorption (EARR) can be an undesirable sequela of orthodontic treatment. Previous studies have suggested that EARR has a substantial genetic component...
- Predicting and preventing root resorption: Part II. Treatment factorsG T Sameshima
Department of Orthodontics, DEN 312D, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA 90089 0641, USA
Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop 119:511-5. 2001..of this study was to determine which treatment factors are most clearly identified with external apical root resorption that is detectable on periapical radiographs at the end of orthodontic treatment...
- Apical root resorption six and 12 months after initiation of fixed orthodontic appliance therapyJon Artun
Department of Developmental and Preventive Sciences, Faculty of Dentistry, Kuwait University, Kuwait City, Kuwait
Angle Orthod 75:919-26. 2005The low explained variance of identified risk factors for apical root resorption in orthodontic patients suggests effects of parameters related to individual predisposition. Our purpose was to explore this hypothesis...
- Assessment of root resorption and root shape: periapical vs panoramic filmsG T Sameshima
Department of Orthodontics, University of Southern California, Los Angeles 90089 0641, USA
Angle Orthod 71:185-9. 2001..than the other in the pretreatment evaluation of root shape and the posttreatment computation of apical root resorption. Pretreatment and posttreatment panoramic films and full-mouth periapical films from 42 patients who ..
- Root resorption before and after orthodontic treatment: a clinical study of contributory factorsRuo ping Jiang
Department of Orthodontics, Peking University School and Hospital of Stomatology, Beijing, China
Eur J Orthod 32:693-7. 2010This clinical study evaluated factors related to root resorption before (T1) and after (T2) orthodontic treatment...
- Cellular and extracellular factors in early root resorption repair in the ratAndreas Jager
Department of Orthodontics, University of Bonn, Bonn, Germany
Eur J Orthod 30:336-45. 2008..Cells with a defined osteoblastic phenotype seemed to be of minor importance in this repair process...
- Effect of soluble receptors to interleukin-1 and tumor necrosis factor alpha on experimentally induced root resorption in ratsDongliang Zhang
Jilin University, Dental School, Department of Orthodontics, Jilin, People s Republic of China
J Periodontal Res 38:324-32. 2003In this study, the role of the inflammatory cytokines interleukin-1 (IL-1) and tumor necrosis factor alpha (TNFalpha) in the course of mechanically induced root resorption was investigated.
- A radiographic analysis of external apical root resorption of maxillary incisors during active orthodontic treatmentHooman Mohandesan
Dental Research Center, Faculty of Dentistry, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Tehran
Eur J Orthod 29:134-9. 2007External apical root resorption (EARR) is an undesirable consequence of orthodontic treatment...
- Internal root resorption: a reviewShanon Patel
Endodontic Postgraduate Unit, King s College, London Dental Institute, London, United Kingdom
J Endod 36:1107-21. 2010Internal root resorption is the progressive destruction of intraradicular dentin and dentinal tubules along the middle and apical thirds of the canal walls as a result of clastic activities.
- Perceived long-term prognosis of teeth with orthodontically resorbed rootsK S Lee
Institute for Regulatory Science, Columbia, MD, USA
Orthod Craniofac Res 6:177-91. 2003To investigate the perceived significance of root resorption in the dental community. STUDY DESIGN AND SAMPLE: Mail out survey questionnaire accompanied by morphed images of 10-50% root resorption...
- Root resorption--diagnosis, classification and treatment choices based on stimulation factorsZvi Fuss
Department of Endodontology, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel
Dent Traumatol 19:175-82. 2003Etiology of different types of root resorption requires two phases: mechanical or chemical injury to the protective tissues and stimulation by infection or pressure. Injury can be similar in various types of root resorption...
- Root resorption related to hypofunctional periodontium in experimental tooth movementS Sringkarnboriboon
Orthodontic Science, Department of Orofacial Development and Function, Division of Oral Health Science, Graduate School, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, 1 5 45 Yushima, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 8549, Japan
J Dent Res 82:486-90. 2003Orthodontic movement of non-occluding teeth may result in undesirable apical root resorption. These teeth present with a histologically altered periodontium and are considered to be hypofunctional...
- Three-dimensional mechanical environment of orthodontic tooth movement and root resorptionRodrigo F Viecilli
Biomechanics Laboratory, Department of Orthodontics and Orofacial Genetics, Indiana University School of Dentistry and Purdue School of Engineering and Technology, Indianapolis, Ind 46202, USA
Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop 133:791.e11-26. 2008..characterization of the mechanical environment, there is no consensus on the mechanisms that link stimuli to root resorption and bone response...
- Biomechanical aspects of external root resorption in orthodontic therapyAllan Abuabara
Health Division, Joinville, Santa Catarina, Brazil
Med Oral Patol Oral Cir Bucal 12:E610-3. 2007External apical root resorption is a common phenomenon associated with orthodontic treatment. The factors relevant to root resorption can be divided into biological and mechanical factors...
- Nonsurgical endodontic management using MTA for perforative defect of internal root resorption: report of a long term follow-upManoel Brito-Júnior
Department of Dentistry, State University of Montes Claros, Montes Claros, Brazil
Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 110:784-8. 2010Internal root resorption is an uncommon lesion following a dental injury. The use of mineral trioxide aggregate (MTA) is a conservative approach to repair lesions with periodontal communication...
- Invasive cervical root resorption: treatment rationale with an interdisciplinary approachAmi Smidt
Center for Graduate Studies in Prosthodontics, Department of Prosthodontics, Faculty of Dental Medicine, Hebrew University Hadassah, Jerusalem, Israel
J Endod 33:1383-7. 2007..The presented interdisciplinary technique is offered for the prudent clinician as a solution in ICR cases of severe destructive nature...
- Apical root resorption 6 months after initiation of fixed orthodontic appliance therapyIsolde Smale
Department of Developmental and Preventative Sciences, Kuwait University, Kuwait
Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop 128:57-67. 2005Individual predisposition might be a major reason for the observed variation in apical orthodontic root resorption. If so, resorption might be expressed during the initial stages of orthodontic therapy in patients at risk.
- Predicting and preventing root resorption: Part I. Diagnostic factorsG T Sameshima
Department of Orthodontics, DEN 312D, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA 90089 0641, USA
Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop 119:505-10. 2001..pretreatment factors that will allow the clinician to predict the incidence, location, and severity of root resorption before the commencement of orthodontic treatment...
- The tissue, cellular, and molecular regulation of orthodontic tooth movement: 100 years after Carl SandstedtMurray C Meikle
Department of Oral Sciences, Faculty of Dentistry, University of Otago, Dunedin, New Zealand
Eur J Orthod 28:221-40. 2006..Orthodontic tooth movement involves two interrelated processes: (1) deflection or bending of the alveolar bone and (2) remodelling of the periodontal tissues...
- Ultrastructure of cementum and periodontal ligament after continuous intrusion in humans: a transmission electron microscopy studyR M Faltin
Laboratory of Mineralized Tissue Biology, Department of Histology and Embryology, Institute of Biomedical Sciences, , Brazil
Eur J Orthod 23:35-49. 2001..Thus, a reduction of continuous force magnitude should be considered to preserve the integrity of tissues...
- Repair of orthodontically induced root resorption by ultrasound in humansTarek El-Bialy
Faculty of Dentistry, King Abdullah Aziz University, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop 126:186-93. 2004b>Root resorption is an adverse outcome of orthodontic tooth movement. In addition to the iatrogenic response and compromising the crown-root ratio, root resorption has led to increased malpractice litigation against orthodontists...
- Detection of apical root resorption after orthodontic treatment by using panoramic radiography and cone-beam computed tomography of super-high resolutionAlexander Dudic
Department of Orthodontics, University of Geneva, Geneva, Switzerland
Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop 135:434-7. 2009Apical root resorption is an adverse side effect of orthodontic treatment. We compared panoramic radiography (OPT) with cone-beam computed tomography (CBCT) in evaluating orthodontically induced apical root resorption.
- Treatment of inflammatory internal root resorption with mineral trioxide aggregate: a case reportM Jacobovitz
Paulista Association of Dental Surgeons, Regional de São Carlos, Sao Carlos, Brazil
Int Endod J 41:905-12. 2008..To report the treatment and follow-up of a maxillary central incisor with internal resorption managed by root canal treatment, white mineral trioxide aggregate (MTA) repair and a fibre-glass post for reinforcement...
- Force magnitude and duration effects on amount of tooth movement and root resorption in the rat molarCarmen Gonzales
Division of Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics, Nagasaki University Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, Nagasaki, Japan
Angle Orthod 78:502-9. 2008To test the hypothesis that there is no difference in the effect of different continuous moderate to very heavy forces on root resorption or amount of tooth movement.
- External apical root resorption in Class II malocclusion: a retrospective review of 1- versus 2-phase treatmentIlana Brin
Department of Orthodontics, HU Hadassah SDM, Jerusalem, Israel
Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop 124:151-6. 2003External apical root resorption (EARR) is an imperfectly understood problem of orthodontic treatment...
- The effect of intracanal anti-inflammatory medicaments on external root resorption of replanted dog teeth after extended extra-oral dry timeH Chen
Private Practice, Durham, NC, USA
Dent Traumatol 24:74-8. 2008..Studies show that after 60 min dry time, root resorption is predicted...
- Bone structure effect on root resorptionLinda L Otis
Oral and Maxillofacial Radiology, School of Dental Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, 4001 Spruce Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Orthod Craniofac Res 7:165-77. 2004To explore if alveolar bone shape and density might promote external apical root resorption.
- Method to evaluate inflammatory root resorption by using cone beam computed tomographyCarlos Estrela
Department of Endodontics, Federal University of Goias, Goiania, GO, Brazil
J Endod 35:1491-7. 2009The aim of this study was to evaluate a method to measure inflammatory root resorption (IRR) by using cone beam computed tomography (CBCT) scans.
- Age-dependent external root resorption during tooth movement in ratsYijin Ren
Department of Orthodontics, University Medical Centre Groningen, University of Groningen, The Netherlands
Acta Odontol Scand 66:93-8. 2008To investigate the effect of age on root resorption and distribution along different parts of the root during prolonged light force application.
- Apical root resorption due to orthodontic treatment detected by cone beam computed tomographyIury O Castro
School of Dentistry, Federal University of Goias, Goiania, Brazil
Angle Orthod 83:196-203. 2013To determine the frequency of apical root resorption (ARR) due to orthodontic treatment using cone beam computed tomography (CBCT) in a sample of 1256 roots from 30 patients.
- Diagnosis of artificially induced external root resorption using conventional intraoral film radiography, CCD, and PSP: an ex vivo studyKivanc Kamburoglu
Department of Oral Pathology and Oral Medicine, Maurice and Gabriela Goldschleger School of Dental Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel
Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 106:885-91. 2008To compare diagnosis of artificially induced external root resorption cavities using conventional intraoral film radiography (Kodak Insight), CCD sensor (Sopix wireless) and PSP sensor (Orex Digident).
- Severe root resorption in orthodontic patients treated with the edgewise method: prevalence and predictive factorsLeandro Silva Marques
Department of Orthodontics, University of Vale do Rio Verde, Tres Coracoes, Brazil
Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop 137:384-8. 2010Our aims in this study were to assess the prevalence of severe root resorption and identify possible associations in orthodontic patients treated with the edgewise method.
- Comparison of root resorption between self-ligating and conventional preadjusted brackets using cone beam computed tomographyVanessa Leite
Department of Orthodontics, University of North Parana, Londrina, Parana, Brazil
Angle Orthod 82:1078-82. 2012To compare the magnitude of external apical root resorption (EARR) of incisors in patients undergoing the initial phase of orthodontic treatment with two sets of brackets.
- Surgical root restoration after external inflammatory root resorption: A case reportGeert M G Hommez
Department of Restorative Dentistry and Endodontology, Ghent University Hospital, Ghent University, Ghent, Belgium
J Endod 32:798-801. 2006External inflammatory root resorption after a jaw fracture is rare...
- [External root resorption]Florian Rathe
Abteilung für Zahnerhaltungskunde und Parodontologie, Universitat Freiburg, Deutschland
Schweiz Monatsschr Zahnmed 116:245-53. 2006b>Root resorption may be a physiological (resorption of deciduous teeth) or a pathological process (resorption of permanent teeth). In the latter case an external and an internal form of resorption can be distinguished...
- Celebrex offers a small protection from root resorption associated with orthodontic movementJohn Jerome
University of Southern California School of Dentistry, Los Angeles 90033, USA
J Calif Dent Assoc 33:951-9. 2005..movement results from alveolar bone resorption/deposition following application of orthodontic forces, and root resorption can be an undesirable complication associated with this process...
- Constant versus dissipating forces in orthodontics: the effect on initial tooth movement and root resorptionF Weiland
Department of Orthodontics, University Dental School, Graz, Austria
Eur J Orthod 25:335-42. 2003..scanning microscopic study was to compare the effects of two frequently used archwires on tooth movement and root resorption. A total of 84 premolars in 27 individuals (10 boys, 17 girls, with a mean age of 12...
- Inhibition of orthodontically induced root resorption with echistatin, an RGD-containing peptideNabeel F Talic
Orthodontic Division, Department of Preventive Dentistry, King Saud University, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop 129:252-60. 2006Induced dental root resorption is a common side effect of orthodontic treatment. It is an unpredictable phenomenon, and its etiology is unknown...
- Management of trauma-induced inflammatory root resorption using mineral trioxide aggregate obturation: two-year follow upIrem Güzeler
Department of Pediatric Dentistry, Faculty of Dentistry, Hacettepe University, Ankara, Turkey
Dent Traumatol 26:501-4. 2010Inflammatory root resorption is a serious complication of dental trauma, which leads to progressive loss of the root structure...
- Apical root resorption during orthodontic treatment. A prospective study using cone beam CTHenrik Lund
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Radiology, Institute of Odontology, Sahlgrenska Academy, University of Gothenburg, Sweden
Angle Orthod 82:480-7. 2012To investigate the incidence and severity of root resorption during orthodontic treatment by means of cone beam computed tomography (CBCT) and to explore factors affecting orthodontically induced inflammatory root resorption (OIIRR).
- Repair of root resorption 2 to 16 weeks after the application of continuous forces on maxillary first molars in rats: a 2- and 3-dimensional quantitative evaluationCarmen Gonzales
Division of Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics, Nagasaki University Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, Nagasaki, Japan
Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop 137:477-85. 2010b>Root resorption is a side effect of orthodontic treatment that occurs with the removal of hyalinized tissue...
- Orthodontically induced inflammatory root resorption. Part II: The clinical aspectsNaphtali Brezniak
Israel Defense Forces, Tel Hashomer
Angle Orthod 72:180-4. 2002Over the past 10 years, orthodontically induced inflammatory root resorption (OIIRR) has been increasingly recognized as an iatrogenic consequence of orthodontic treatment...
- Orthodontic root resorption of endodontically treated teethTarso Esteves
Department of Dentistry, State University of Maringa, PR, Brazil
J Endod 33:119-22. 2007The purpose of this study was to evaluate, radiographically, whether there is similarity in the apical root resorption found in endodontically treated teeth and untreated teeth when they are submitted to orthodontic treatment...
- Accuracy of an electronic apex locator in primary teeth with root resorptionO Angwaravong
Department of Pediatric Dentistry, Faculty of Dentistry, Khon Kaen University, Khon Kaen, Thailand
Int Endod J 42:115-21. 2009To evaluate whether root resorption of primary molar teeth affects the accuracy of the Root ZX apex locator and to compare the Root ZX at different meter readings with direct canal measurement.
- Rapidly progressive internal root resorption: a case reportDavid Keinan
Department of Endodontics, The Hebrew University, Hadassah School of Dental Medicine, Jerusalem, Israel
Dent Traumatol 24:546-9. 2008The etiology of internal root resorption is not fully understandable, trauma and chronic pulpitis are considered the main risk factors. Usually the process is asymptomatic and diagnosed upon routine radiographic examination...
- Root resorption: the possible role of extracellular matrix proteinsAdam Lee
Department of Orthodontics, University of Iowa, Iowa City 52242, USA
Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop 126:173-7. 2004..of this selective resorption could provide insights into the cause of moderate to severe iatrogenic root resorption during orthodontic tooth movement...
- Radiographic diagnosis of root resorption in relation to orthodonticsH A Leach
Department of Child Dental Health, Bristol Dental Hospital
Br Dent J 190:16-22. 2001The literature regarding external root resorption in relation to orthodontics and its radiographic diagnosis is reviewed, including a summary of the more common radiographic techniques available...
- Generalized cervical root resorption associated with periodontal diseaseW Beertsen
Department of Periodontology, Academic Center for Dentistry Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Clin Periodontol 28:1067-73. 2001..In the present report, a case of severe cervical root resorption involving 24 anterior and posterior teeth is presented...
- Evaluation of correspondence of dental Computed Tomography imaging to anatomic observation of external root resorptionKazuhiko Nakata
Department of Endodontics, School of Dentistry, Aichi Gakuin University, Nagoya, Japan
J Endod 35:1594-7. 2009..compact dental CT, the 3D Accuitomo XYZ Slice View Tomograph (3D Accuitomo), was performed for examining the root resorption of a mandibular premolar in a patient who needed endodontic therapy...
- Calcium ion diffusion levels from MTA and ApexCal in simulated external root resorption at middle third of the rootGingu Koshy George
SRM Dental College, Ramapuram, Chennai, India
Dent Traumatol 25:480-3. 2009..To simulate external root resorption, defects were created on the external surface of the root at the middle thirds...
- Root resorption after experimental tooth movement using superelastic forces in the ratKoji Noda
Department of Orthodontics, School of Dental Medicine, Tsurumi University, Yokohama, Kanagawa, Japan
Eur J Orthod 32:681-7. 2010The purpose of this study was to assess the rate of root resorption in relation to different magnitudes of continuous force during experimental tooth movement using nickel-titanium (NiTi) alloy wire. Four force magnitudes of 0.8, 1...
- Analysis of orthodontically induced root resorption using micro-computed tomography (Micro-CT)Tom Wierzbicki
University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Angle Orthod 79:91-6. 2009To establish a protocol for assessing orthodontically induced tooth root resorption (OITRR) in human premolars using micro-computed tomography.
- Intrusion of multiradicular teeth and related root resorption with mini-screw implant anchorage: a radiographic evaluationRoberto Carrillo
Orthodontic Department, Baylor College of Dentistry, Texas A and M Health Science Center, Dallas, Tex 75246, USA
Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop 132:647-55. 2007..This experimental study used various force magnitudes to evaluate (1) the stability of immediately loaded MSIs, (2) the amounts of tooth intrusion produced, and (3) the amounts of root resorption produced.
- Histological analysis of orthodontic root resorption in rats treated with the cyclooxygenase-2 (COX-2) inhibitor celecoxibG H Gameiro
Division of Orthodontics, Piracicaba Dental School, State University of Campinas UNICAMP, Piracicaba, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Orthod Craniofac Res 11:156-61. 2008..However, the effect of these drugs on orthodontic root resorption is not well understood.
- Apical root resorption after lingual orthodontic therapyUlrike Fritz
Department of Orthodontics, University of Aachen, Germany
J Orofac Orthop 64:434-42. 2003....
- Interleukin-1 polymorphisms in relation to external apical root resorption (EARR)Norbert Gülden
Department of Orthodontics, RWTH Aachen University, Aachen, Germany
J Orofac Orthop 70:20-38. 2009Recent papers have discussed genetic predisposition for root resorption. The aim of this study was to investigate this kind of relationship as dependent on the EARR phenotype...
- Study of external root resorption during orthodontic treatment in root filled teeth compared with their contralateral teeth with vital pulpsJ M Llamas-Carreras
Department of Orthodontics, School of Dentistry, University of Seville, Seville, Spain
Int Endod J 43:654-62. 2010To determine whether root filled teeth and those with vital pulps exhibit a similar degree of external root resorption (ERR) as a consequence of orthodontic treatment.
- Ultrasound stimulation attenuates root resorption of rat replanted molars and impairs tumor necrosis factor-α signaling in vitroE B Rego
Department of Orthodontics and Craniofacial Developmental Biology, Hiroshima University Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, Hiroshima, Japan
J Periodontal Res 46:648-54. 2011A therapeutic protocol to minimize root resorption induced by tooth replantation has not yet been universally established. In this context, noninvasive modality such as ultrasound therapy have been a focus of increased interest...
- Root resorption following treatment with alignersNaphtali Brezniak
Head of the Orthodontic Residency, Orthodontic Department, Dental Unit, Medical Corps, Israel Defence Forces
Angle Orthod 78:1119-24. 2008Can orthodontically induced inflammatory root resorption (OIIRR) be the result of Invisalign treatment? Since OIIRR was first described in the literature, orthodontists have been looking for a treatment procedure where no root shortening ..
- The influences of molar intrusion on the inferior alveolar neurovascular bundle and root using the skeletal anchorage system in dogsT Daimaruya
Department of Orthodontics, Tohoku University School of Dentistry, Sendai, Japan
Angle Orthod 71:60-70. 2001..the effect of molar intrusion on the neurovascular bundle, the level of osseointegration of bone screws, and root resorption. The results of this study showed mandibular molars were intruded 3.4 mm on the average over 7 months in dogs...
- Periodontal tissue activation by vibration: intermittent stimulation by resonance vibration accelerates experimental tooth movement in ratsMakoto Nishimura
Division of Oral Dysfunction Science, Department of Oral Health and Development Sciences, Graduate School of Dentistry, Tohoku University, Sendai, Japan
Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop 133:572-83. 2008..In this study, we evaluated the effects of mechanical stimulation by resonance vibration on tooth movement, and we showed the cellular and molecular mechanisms of periodontal ligament responses...
- Dentine phosphoproteins in gingival crevicular fluid during root resorptionJames Mah
Division of Craniofacial Sciences and Therapeutics, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California 90089 0641, USA
Eur J Orthod 26:25-30. 2004External apical root resorption is a common, yet unexplained, phenomenon associated with orthodontic treatment. Available methods of clinical evaluation are radiographic...
- Expression of mRNA for osteoprotegerin and receptor activator of nuclear factor kappa beta ligand (RANKL) during root resorption induced by the application of heavy orthodontic forces on rat molarsEva Low
Faculty of Dentistry, University of Sydney, Sydney Dental Hospital, Sydney, Australia
Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop 128:497-503. 2005..by osteoprotegrin (OPG), so that the relative expression of these 2 proteins might contribute to bone and root resorption during orthodontic tooth movement...
- Root resorption and orthodontic treatment. Review of the literatureG Pizzo
Department of Oral Sciences, University of Palermo, Palermo, Italy
Minerva Stomatol 56:31-44. 2007The aim of this paper was to provide a systematic review of the literature on the root resorption caused by orthodontic treatment...
- Root resorption on torqued human premolars shown by tartrate-resistant acid phosphatase histochemistry and transmission electron microscopyMauricio A Casa
Mineralized Tissue Biology, University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Angle Orthod 76:1015-21. 2006..To identify clastic cells on the root surfaces of torqued human premolars...
- A comparison of apical root resorption during orthodontic treatment in endodontically treated and vital teethS W Spurrier
School of Dentistry, University of Washington
Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop 97:130-4. 1990..study was to determine whether vital and endodontically treated incisors exhibit a similar severity of apical root resorption in response to orthodontic treatment...
- Combined therapy of mineral trioxide aggregate and guided tissue regeneration in the treatment of external root resorption and an associated osseous defectCecil White
Department of Periodontics, Naval Dental Center Mid Atlantic, Norfolk, VA 23511, USA
J Periodontol 73:1517-21. 2002The treatment of external root resorption and associated periodontal defects can be challenging to the most astute clinician...
- Identification of dentine sialoprotein in gingival crevicular fluid during physiological root resorption and orthodontic tooth movementShalene Kereshanan
School of Dentistry, Cardiff University, Heath Park, Cardiff, Wales, UK
Eur J Orthod 30:307-14. 2008b>Root resorption is an unwanted effect of orthodontic tooth movement...
- External apical root resorption in patients treated with conventional and self-ligating bracketsNikolaos Pandis
Department of Pediatric Dentistry, School of Dentistry, University of Athens, Athens, Greece
Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop 134:646-51. 2008Our aim was to comparatively investigate the amount of external apical root resorption (EARR) between conventional and passive self-ligating brackets.
- In-vitro comparison of 2 cone-beam computed tomography systems and panoramic imaging for detecting simulated canine impaction-induced external root resorption in maxillary lateral incisorsAli Alqerban
Department of Orthodontics, Faculty of Medicine, School of Dentistry, Oral Pathology and Maxillo Facial Surgery, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop 136:764.e1-11; discussion 764-5. 2009..The diagnostic accuracy for detection of simulated canine-induced external root resorption lesions in maxillary lateral incisors was compared between conventional 2-dimensional panoramic radiographic ..
- Effect of topical alendronate on root resorption of dried replanted dog teethL Levin
Department of Endodontics, School of Dentistry, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 27599 7450, USA
Dent Traumatol 17:120-6. 2001..Soaking in alendronate also resulted in significantly less loss in root mass due to resorption compared to those teeth soaked in HBSS without alendronate...
- Root resorption in retained deciduous canine and molar teeth without permanent successors in patients with severe hypodontiaK Haselden
Department of Prosthetic Dentistry, Eastman Dental Institute for Oral Health Care Sciences, UCL (University College, University of London, 256 Gray's Inn Road, London WC1X 8LD, UK
Int J Paediatr Dent 11:171-8. 2001..CONCLUSIONS: Lower canines have a predictable life span that appears to be good, as do upper canines, but of lesser duration than lower canines. Molars have poorer and less predictable life spans...
- Effect of 8-hour intermittent orthodontic force on osteoclasts and root resorptionTomoko Kumasako-Haga
Department of Growth and Development of Functions, Division of Orofacial Functions and Orthodontics, Kyushu Dental College, Kitakyushu, Japan
Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop 135:278.e1-8; discussion 278-9. 2009The duration of force application is an important factor in optimizing orthodontic tooth movement with less root resorption. It has previously been shown that the amount of tooth movement achieved by 8-hour intermittent force application ..
- Continuous vs. discontinuous force application and root resorptionA Acar
Department of Orthodontics, Faculty of Dentistry, Marmara University, Nisantasi Istanbul, Turkey
Angle Orthod 69:159-63; discussion 163-4. 1999The aim of this study was to compare the effects on root resorption of continuous and discontinuous force application. The experimental material consisted of 22 first premolars that were to be extracted as part of orthodontic treatment...
- Intermittent force in orthodontic tooth movementT Konoo
Department of Orthodontics, Kyushu Dental College, Japan
J Dent Res 80:457-60. 2001..The purpose of this study is to examine tooth movement, osteoclasts, and root resorption in rats following several one-hour activations...
- A radiographic comparison of apical root resorption after orthodontic treatment with 3 different fixed appliance techniquesG R Janson
Department of Orthodontics, Bauru Dental School, University of Sao Paulo, Brazil
Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop 118:262-73. 2000Apical root resorption is an undesirable, but frequent side effect of orthodontic treatment, and therefore improvements in orthodontic techniques and materials are in constant development to decrease it...
- Hyalinization and root resorption during early orthodontic tooth movement in adolescentsJ Kurol
Department of Orthodontics, Lund University, Faculty of Odontology, Malmo, Sweden
Angle Orthod 68:161-5. 1998..were recorded opposite an intact root surface (54%) or close to and just apical or coronal to an area of root resorption (45%), and were usually located buccocervically and linguoapically, corresponding to expected pressure zones ..
- Multiple idiopathic apical root resorption: a case reportF Moazami
Department of Endodontics, School of Dental Medicine, Shiraz University of Medical Sciences, Shiraz, Iran
Int Endod J 40:573-8. 2007To report a rare case of multiple idiopathic apical root resorption in an adult male.
- Clinical indications for digital imaging in dento-alveolar trauma. Part 2: root resorptionNestor Cohenca
Department of Endodontics, School of Dentistry, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195 7448, USA
Dent Traumatol 23:105-13. 2007..complications of dento-alveolar trauma are pulp necrosis, pulp canal obliteration, periapical pathosis and root resorption. Different types of root resorption have been identified with traumatic injuries...
- Progressive, generalized, apical idiopathic root resorption and hypercementosisMarc Schätzle
Department of Periodontology and Fixed Prosthodontics, School of Dental Medicine, University of Berne, Berne, Switzerland
J Periodontol 76:2002-11. 2005b>Root resorption is a multifactorial process that results in loss of tooth structure. The causes of root resorption may vary, leading to several types of resorptions...
- Idiopathic root resorption of the entire permanent dentition: systematic review and report of a caseElif Soğur
Department of Oral Diagnosis and Radiology, School of Dentistry, Ege University, Bornova, Izmir, Turkey
Dent Traumatol 24:490-5. 2008A rare case of idiopathic root resorption affecting the entire dentition was described. Root resorptions of all of the maxillary and mandibular teeth were coincidentally diagnosed on patient's radiographic examination...
- Influence of voxel size in the diagnostic ability of cone beam tomography to evaluate simulated external root resorptionGabriela Salatino Liedke
Department of Surgery and Orthopedics, School of Dentistry, Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul UFRGS, Brazil
J Endod 35:233-5. 2009..beam computed tomography (CBCT) scans with different voxel resolutions in the detection of simulated external root resorption (ERR)...
- Multiple idiopathic external apical root resorption: report of four casesS S Cholia
Unit of Restorative Dentistry, Guy s Hospital, London Bridge SE1 9RT, UK
Dentomaxillofac Radiol 34:240-6. 2005Multiple idiopathic external root resorption is an unusual condition that may present in a cervical or an apical form...
- Calcium ion diffusion from mineral trioxide aggregate through simulated root resorption defectsHüseyin Ozgur Ozdemir
Department of Endodontics, Faculty of Dentistry, Hacettepe University, Ankara, Turkey
Dent Traumatol 24:70-3. 2008..Thereafter, standardized defects were created on the root surfaces so as to mimic external root resorption. The root canals and external defects received a final irrigation of 17% ethylenediaminetetraacetic acid and ..
- Bilateral extensive idiopathic apical root resorption in supraerupted maxillary molars: a case reportRuchi Gupta
Department of Conservative Dentistry, Institute of Technology and Sciences, Centre for Dental Studies and Research, Ghaziabad, India
Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 106:e44-7. 2008..The pattern of severe resorption affecting only maxillary supraerupted teeth appears to be unique. No significant systemic, dental, or familial findings could be identified as a possible cause...
- Idiopathic generalized apical root resorption: a report of three casesAilbhe McMullin
Maxillofacial Unit, Kent and Canterbury Hospital, Canterbury, UK
Int J Paediatr Dent 18:312-6. 2008Idiopathic apical root resorption usually presents as a chance radiographic finding. It may be widespread, affecting the majority of teeth, with implications for the longevity of the dentition.
- Meta analysis of the treatment-related factors of external apical root resorptionG R Segal
Department of Orthodontics, Temple University, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Orthod Craniofac Res 7:71-8. 2004To elucidate possible treatment-related etiological factors--such as, duration of treatment and apical displacement--for external root resorption.
- Substance P increases production of proinflammatory cytokines and formation of osteoclasts in dental pulp fibroblasts in patients with severe orthodontic root resorptionMasaru Yamaguchi
Department of Orthodontics, Nihon University School of Dentistry at Matsudo, Chiba, Japan
Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop 133:690-8. 2008..the extent to which substance P (SP) increases proinflammatory cytokine production and osteoclast formation of human dental pulp fibroblasts (HDPF) in patients with severe orthodontically induced inflammatory root resorption (OIIRR).
- Sympathectomy causes increased root resorption after orthodontic tooth movement in rats: immunohistochemical studySivakami Rethnam Haug
Department of Physiology, University of Bergen, Arstadveien 19, 5009 Bergen, Norway
Cell Tissue Res 313:167-75. 2003..We have studied the effects of sympathectomy and orthodontic tooth movement (OTM) on root resorption, immunocompetent cell recruitment, neuropeptide, neurokinin-1 receptor (NK1-R), and interleukin 6 (IL-6) ..
- Histological evaluation of a replanted tooth retained for 49 yearsNurullah Keklikoglu
Department of Histology and Embryology, Faculty of Dentistry, Istanbul University, Istanbul, Turkey
Dent Traumatol 22:157-9. 2006..The histological evaluation revealed resorption of the apical root surface, depositions in cement with different phases and mineral density, and histological changes in the periodontal ligament...
- Decoronation for the management of an ankylosed young permanent toothShabtai Sapir
Department of Pediatric Dentistry, Hadassah Faculty of Dental Medicine, Hebrew University, Jerusalem, Israel
Dent Traumatol 24:131-5. 2008..In patients 7-16 years old a tooth is lost 3-7 years after the onset of root resorption. The complications that may develop as a consequence of ankylosis of a permanent incisor in children are due ..
- Autotransplantation of 28 premolar donor teeth in 24 orthodontic patientsTadasu Tanaka
Graduate School Unit of Orthodontics and Institute for Oral Science, Matsumoto Dental University School of Dentistry, Nagano, Japan
Angle Orthod 78:12-9. 2008..To test the null hypothesis that premolar autotransplantation is not successful for orthodontic patients...
- Replantation of an avulsed permanent maxillary incisor with an immature apex: report of a caseAndrew Paul Goldbeck
Department of Endodontics, College of Dentistry, University of Oklahoma, Oklahoma City, OK 73190, USA
Dent Traumatol 24:120-3. 2008..The indications for, and limitations of, replantation of an avulsed permanent incisor with an immature apex are discussed...
- DETERMINANTS OF ROOT RESORPTION DUE TO ORTHODONTIC MOVEMENTMargarita Zeichner David; Fiscal Year: 2005b>Root resorption, either physiological or pathological, results in the destruction of mineralized and non-mineralized tissues of the dental roots...
- Genetic control of susceptibility to root resorptionShaza Abass; Fiscal Year: 2005External apical root resorption (EARR) is a common complication of orthodontic treatment...
- A Novel Implant-based Approach for Treating Retrognathic Hyperdivergent PatientsPeter Buschang; Fiscal Year: 2007..aim is to determine whether posterior teeth intruded with MSI's exhibit greater than expected amounts of root resorption. Root resorption will be measured longitudinally using standardized periapical radiographs...
- Evaluation of Canine Retraction StrategiesJie Chen; Fiscal Year: 2010..theory will be predicted;and the actual clinical outcomes in terms of treatment time, tooth movement, and root resorption will be quantified using newly developed technologies...
- Evaluation of Canine Retraction StrategiesJie Chen; Fiscal Year: 2009..theory will be predicted; and the actual clinical outcomes in terms of treatment time, tooth movement, and root resorption will be quantified using newly developed technologies...
- Root deformation and root resorptionThomas Katona; Fiscal Year: 2006DESCRIPTION: Orthodontic root resorption is a major clinical and medico-legal concern...
- Intracellular and Extracellular function of dentin phosphophorynAnne George; Fiscal Year: 2010..DPP mediated signaling can regulate odontoblast proliferation and differentiation. Results from this study should help us define the various functions of DPP, and its potential use in dentin regeneration. ..
- Hormone-Receptor-MMP Axis in Degenerative TMJ DiseasesSUNIL D KAPILA; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Characterization of DMP1 A Dentin PhosphoproteinAnne George; Fiscal Year: 2010..Once we have characterized the function of DMP1 in dentin formation, then we could use this molecule for regenerating dentin and thus replace synthetic materials that are currently being used in endodontic practices. ..
- Characterization of DMP1 A Dentin PhosphoproteinAnne George; Fiscal Year: 2009..Once we have characterized the function of DMP1 in dentin formation, then we could use this molecule for regenerating dentin and thus replace synthetic materials that are currently being used in endodontic practices. ..
- CRANIOFACIAL SKELETAL TISSUE ENGINEERING CONFERENCESunil Kapila; Fiscal Year: 2007..The meeting will be limited to 250 participants who have a background in bioengineering. ..
- Hormone-Receptor-MMP Axis in Degenerative TMJ DiseasesSunil Kapila; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- Fibronectin Fragment-Induced Osteolysis Mediated by MMPsSunil Kapila; Fiscal Year: 2009..These studies will provide a fundamental understanding of the basis for bone loss in periodontal disease and other osteolytic diseases. ..
- Craniofacial Imaging in the 21st CenturySunil Kapila; Fiscal Year: 2002..The meeting will be limited to 300 participants who have a background in imaging. This symposia series will provide momentum to discoveries that will be important to craniofacial sciences and patient care. ..
- CHARACTERIZATION DMP1 A DENTIN PHOSPHOPROTEINAnne George; Fiscal Year: 2000..These experiments will provide increased understanding of the molecular mechanisms involved in the synthesis of Dmp1 by the odontoblasts. The long -term goal is to understand the role of Dmp1 in dentinogenesis. ..
- Characterization of the structure and function of DMP2Anne George; Fiscal Year: 2004..The long-term goal is to understand the regulatory mechanism of DMP2 in dentin mineralization. ..
- Guided Pocket Recolonization (GPR) in PeriodontitisMarc Quirynen; Fiscal Year: 2004..Clinical data will be collected after 2, 4, 6, 8 and 12 weeks. The results should indicate the possible role for commensal organisms in periodontal disease and subgingival biofilm formation. ..
- C. albicans From HIV+ Individuals&its Role in Drug resisKaaren Vargas; Fiscal Year: 2004..In the long-term, I would like to make significant contributions to science in the area of antifungal drug resistance. It is an exciting area of research and I feel strongly that I have the motivation to accomplish this goal. ..
- Characterization of the structure and function of DMP2Anne George; Fiscal Year: 2006..The long-term goal is to understand the regulatory mechanism of DMP2 in dentin mineralization. ..
- MODULATION OF TMJ DEGRADATION BY RELAXIN AND ESTROGENSunil Kapila; Fiscal Year: 2004..The Independent Scientist Award will be critical in achieving these goals. ..
- BIOMIMETIC SCAFFOLD FOR BONE-REPAIRAnne George; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Characterization of DMP1 A Dentin PhosphoproteinAnne George; Fiscal Year: 2006..The long-term goal is to understand the regulatory mechanism of DMP1 in dentin mineralization. ..