Genomes and Genes
Summary: Resorption in which cementum or dentin is lost from the root of a tooth owing to cementoclastic or osteoclastic activity in conditions such as trauma of occlusion or neoplasms. (Dorland, 27th ed)
Publications186 found, 100 shown here
- A finite element model of apical force distribution from orthodontic tooth movementD J Rudolph
University of California, School of Dentistry, Los Angeles, USA
Angle Orthod 71:127-31. 2001..The maxillary central incisor was chosen for study because it is one of the teeth at greatest risk for apical root resorption. The material properties of enamel, dentin, PDL, and bone and 5 different load systems (tipping, intrusion, ..
- Factors affecting resorption in traumatically intruded permanent incisors in childrenSondos Al-Badri
School of Dentistry, Belfast, Northern Ireland
Dent Traumatol 18:73-6. 2002..In conclusion, the occurrence of root resorption after intrusive trauma appears to be related to the severity of the original injury and the stage of root ..
- Orthodontic treatment of a traumatically intruded tooth with ankylosis by traction after surgical luxationTakumi Takahashi
Department of Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics, Institute of Health Biosciences, University of Tokushima Graduate School, 3-18-15 Kuramoto-cho, Tokushima 770-8503, Japan
Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop 127:233-41. 2005..The mandibular lateral incisor, which was avulsed and replanted, experienced replacement root resorption during orthodontic treatment and was ultimately extracted...
- Replantation after extended dry storage of avulsed permanent incisors: report of a caseFunda Kont Cobankara
Department of Endodontics, Faculty of Dentistry, Selcuk University, Konya, Turkey
Dent Traumatol 23:251-6. 2007....
- Predicting and preventing root resorption: Part II. Treatment factorsG T Sameshima
Department of Orthodontics, DEN 312D, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA 90089 0641, USA
Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop 119:511-5. 2001..of this study was to determine which treatment factors are most clearly identified with external apical root resorption that is detectable on periapical radiographs at the end of orthodontic treatment...
- The tissue, cellular, and molecular regulation of orthodontic tooth movement: 100 years after Carl SandstedtMurray C Meikle
Department of Oral Sciences, Faculty of Dentistry, University of Otago, Dunedin, New Zealand
Eur J Orthod 28:221-40. 2006..Orthodontic tooth movement involves two interrelated processes: (1) deflection or bending of the alveolar bone and (2) remodelling of the periodontal tissues...
- Predicting and preventing root resorption: Part I. Diagnostic factorsG T Sameshima
Department of Orthodontics, DEN 312D, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA 90089 0641, USA
Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop 119:505-10. 2001..pretreatment factors that will allow the clinician to predict the incidence, location, and severity of root resorption before the commencement of orthodontic treatment...
- Apical root resorption 6 months after initiation of fixed orthodontic appliance therapyIsolde Smale
Department of Developmental and Preventative Sciences, Kuwait University, Kuwait
Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop 128:57-67. 2005..Individual predisposition might be a major reason for the observed variation in apical orthodontic root resorption. If so, resorption might be expressed during the initial stages of orthodontic therapy in patients at risk...
- Ultrastructure of cementum and periodontal ligament after continuous intrusion in humans: a transmission electron microscopy studyR M Faltin
Laboratory of Mineralized Tissue Biology, Department of Histology and Embryology, Institute of Biomedical Sciences, , Brazil
Eur J Orthod 23:35-49. 2001..Thus, a reduction of continuous force magnitude should be considered to preserve the integrity of tissues...
- Invasive cervical root resorption: treatment rationale with an interdisciplinary approachAmi Smidt
Center for Graduate Studies in Prosthodontics, Department of Prosthodontics, Faculty of Dental Medicine, Hebrew University Hadassah, Jerusalem, Israel
J Endod 33:1383-7. 2007..The presented interdisciplinary technique is offered for the prudent clinician as a solution in ICR cases of severe destructive nature...
- Periodontal tissue activation by vibration: intermittent stimulation by resonance vibration accelerates experimental tooth movement in ratsMakoto Nishimura
Division of Oral Dysfunction Science, Department of Oral Health and Development Sciences, Graduate School of Dentistry, Tohoku University, Sendai, Japan
Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop 133:572-83. 2008..In this study, we evaluated the effects of mechanical stimulation by resonance vibration on tooth movement, and we showed the cellular and molecular mechanisms of periodontal ligament responses...
- Force magnitude and duration effects on amount of tooth movement and root resorption in the rat molarCarmen Gonzales
Division of Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics, Nagasaki University Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, Nagasaki, Japan
Angle Orthod 78:502-9. 2008To test the hypothesis that there is no difference in the effect of different continuous moderate to very heavy forces on root resorption or amount of tooth movement.
- Apical root resorption six and 12 months after initiation of fixed orthodontic appliance therapyJon Artun
Department of Developmental and Preventive Sciences, Faculty of Dentistry, Kuwait University, Kuwait City, Kuwait
Angle Orthod 75:919-26. 2005The low explained variance of identified risk factors for apical root resorption in orthodontic patients suggests effects of parameters related to individual predisposition. Our purpose was to explore this hypothesis...
- Identification of dentine sialoprotein in gingival crevicular fluid during physiological root resorption and orthodontic tooth movementShalene Kereshanan
School of Dentistry, Cardiff University, Heath Park, Cardiff, Wales, UK
Eur J Orthod 30:307-14. 2008b>Root resorption is an unwanted effect of orthodontic tooth movement...
- Root resorption and orthodontic treatment. Review of the literatureG Pizzo
Department of Oral Sciences, University of Palermo, Palermo, Italy
Minerva Stomatol 56:31-44. 2007The aim of this paper was to provide a systematic review of the literature on the root resorption caused by orthodontic treatment...
- Management of inflammatory external root resorption by using calcium-enriched mixture cement: a case reportSaeed Asgary
Iranian Center for Endodontic Research, Dental Research Center, Dental School, Shahid Beheshti University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran
J Endod 37:411-3. 2011Inflammatory external root resorption is one of the major complications after replantation of avulsed teeth...
- Dentine phosphoproteins in gingival crevicular fluid during root resorptionJames Mah
Division of Craniofacial Sciences and Therapeutics, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California 90089-0641, USA
Eur J Orthod 26:25-30. 2004External apical root resorption is a common, yet unexplained, phenomenon associated with orthodontic treatment. Available methods of clinical evaluation are radiographic...
- The effect of intracanal anti-inflammatory medicaments on external root resorption of replanted dog teeth after extended extra-oral dry timeH Chen
Private Practice, Durham, NC, USA
Dent Traumatol 24:74-8. 2008..Studies show that after 60 min dry time, root resorption is predicted...
- External apical root resorption in Class II malocclusion: a retrospective review of 1- versus 2-phase treatmentIlana Brin
Department of Orthodontics, HU Hadassah SDM, Jerusalem, Israel
Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop 124:151-6. 2003External apical root resorption (EARR) is an imperfectly understood problem of orthodontic treatment...
- Combined therapy of mineral trioxide aggregate and guided tissue regeneration in the treatment of external root resorption and an associated osseous defectCecil White
Department of Periodontics, Naval Dental Center Mid-Atlantic, Norfolk, VA 23511, USA
J Periodontol 73:1517-21. 2002BACKGROUND: The treatment of external root resorption and associated periodontal defects can be challenging to the most astute clinician...
- Expression of mRNA for osteoprotegerin and receptor activator of nuclear factor kappa beta ligand (RANKL) during root resorption induced by the application of heavy orthodontic forces on rat molarsEva Low
Faculty of Dentistry, University of Sydney, Sydney Dental Hospital, Sydney, Australia
Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop 128:497-503. 2005..by osteoprotegrin (OPG), so that the relative expression of these 2 proteins might contribute to bone and root resorption during orthodontic tooth movement...
- Bone structure effect on root resorptionLinda L Otis
Oral and Maxillofacial Radiology, School of Dental Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, 4001 Spruce Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Orthod Craniofac Res 7:165-77. 2004To explore if alveolar bone shape and density might promote external apical root resorption.
- Root resorption on torqued human premolars shown by tartrate-resistant acid phosphatase histochemistry and transmission electron microscopyMauricio A Casa
Mineralized Tissue Biology, , , Brazil
Angle Orthod 76:1015-21. 2006..Some signs of cementum repair were also noticed, even with the maintenance of the level of the force...
- Root resorption in retained deciduous canine and molar teeth without permanent successors in patients with severe hypodontiaK Haselden
Department of Prosthetic Dentistry, Eastman Dental Institute for Oral Health Care Sciences, UCL (University College, University of London, 256 Gray's Inn Road, London WC1X 8LD, UK
Int J Paediatr Dent 11:171-8. 2001..CONCLUSIONS: Lower canines have a predictable life span that appears to be good, as do upper canines, but of lesser duration than lower canines. Molars have poorer and less predictable life spans...
- Effect of 8-hour intermittent orthodontic force on osteoclasts and root resorptionTomoko Kumasako-Haga
Department of Growth and Development of Functions, Division of Orofacial Functions and Orthodontics, Kyushu Dental College, Kitakyushu, Japan
Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop 135:278.e1-8; discussion 278-9. 2009The duration of force application is an important factor in optimizing orthodontic tooth movement with less root resorption. It has previously been shown that the amount of tooth movement achieved by 8-hour intermittent force application ..
- Continuous vs. discontinuous force application and root resorptionA Acar
Department of Orthodontics, Faculty of Dentistry, Marmara University, Nisantasi Istanbul, Turkey
Angle Orthod 69:159-63; discussion 163-4. 1999The aim of this study was to compare the effects on root resorption of continuous and discontinuous force application. The experimental material consisted of 22 first premolars that were to be extracted as part of orthodontic treatment...
- A radiographic comparison of apical root resorption after orthodontic treatment with 3 different fixed appliance techniquesG R Janson
Department of Orthodontics, Bauru Dental School, University of Sao Paulo, Brazil
Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop 118:262-73. 2000Apical root resorption is an undesirable, but frequent side effect of orthodontic treatment, and therefore improvements in orthodontic techniques and materials are in constant development to decrease it...
- Hyalinization and root resorption during early orthodontic tooth movement in adolescentsJ Kurol
Department of Orthodontics, Lund University, Faculty of Odontology, Malmo, Sweden
Angle Orthod 68:161-5. 1998..were recorded opposite an intact root surface (54%) or close to and just apical or coronal to an area of root resorption (45%), and were usually located buccocervically and linguoapically, corresponding to expected pressure zones ..
- External apical root resorption in patients treated with conventional and self-ligating bracketsNikolaos Pandis
Department of Pediatric Dentistry, School of Dentistry, University of Athens, Athens, Greece
Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop 134:646-51. 2008Our aim was to comparatively investigate the amount of external apical root resorption (EARR) between conventional and passive self-ligating brackets.
- Method to evaluate inflammatory root resorption by using cone beam computed tomographyCarlos Estrela
Department of Endodontics, Federal University of Goias, Goiania, GO, Brazil
J Endod 35:1491-7. 2009The aim of this study was to evaluate a method to measure inflammatory root resorption (IRR) by using cone beam computed tomography (CBCT) scans.
- In-vitro comparison of 2 cone-beam computed tomography systems and panoramic imaging for detecting simulated canine impaction-induced external root resorption in maxillary lateral incisorsAli Alqerban
Department of Orthodontics, Faculty of Medicine, School of Dentistry, Oral Pathology and Maxillo Facial Surgery, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop 136:764.e1-11; discussion 764-5. 2009..The diagnostic accuracy for detection of simulated canine-induced external root resorption lesions in maxillary lateral incisors was compared between conventional 2-dimensional panoramic radiographic ..
- Treatment of inflammatory internal root resorption with mineral trioxide aggregate: a case reportM Jacobovitz
Paulista Association of Dental Surgeons, Regional de São Carlos, Sao Carlos, Brazil
Int Endod J 41:905-12. 2008..To report the treatment and follow-up of a maxillary central incisor with internal resorption managed by root canal treatment, white mineral trioxide aggregate (MTA) repair and a fibre-glass post for reinforcement...
- Effect of topical alendronate on root resorption of dried replanted dog teethL Levin
Department of Endodontics, School of Dentistry, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 27599 7450, USA
Dent Traumatol 17:120-6. 2001..Soaking in alendronate also resulted in significantly less loss in root mass due to resorption compared to those teeth soaked in HBSS without alendronate...
- Intermittent force in orthodontic tooth movementT Konoo
Department of Orthodontics, Kyushu Dental College, Japan
J Dent Res 80:457-60. 2001..The purpose of this study is to examine tooth movement, osteoclasts, and root resorption in rats following several one-hour activations...
- Assessment of root resorption and root shape: periapical vs panoramic filmsG T Sameshima
Department of Orthodontics, University of Southern California, Los Angeles 90089 0641, USA
Angle Orthod 71:185-9. 2001..than the other in the pretreatment evaluation of root shape and the posttreatment computation of apical root resorption. Pretreatment and posttreatment panoramic films and full-mouth periapical films from 42 patients who ..
- A comparison of apical root resorption during orthodontic treatment in endodontically treated and vital teethS W Spurrier
School of Dentistry, University of Washington
Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop 97:130-4. 1990..study was to determine whether vital and endodontically treated incisors exhibit a similar severity of apical root resorption in response to orthodontic treatment...
- Progressive, generalized, apical idiopathic root resorption and hypercementosisMarc Schätzle
Department of Periodontology and Fixed Prosthodontics, School of Dental Medicine, University of Berne, Berne, Switzerland
J Periodontol 76:2002-11. 2005b>Root resorption is a multifactorial process that results in loss of tooth structure. The causes of root resorption may vary, leading to several types of resorptions...
- Detection of apical root resorption after orthodontic treatment by using panoramic radiography and cone-beam computed tomography of super-high resolutionAlexander Dudic
Department of Orthodontics, University of Geneva, Geneva, Switzerland
Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop 135:434-7. 2009Apical root resorption is an adverse side effect of orthodontic treatment. We compared panoramic radiography (OPT) with cone-beam computed tomography (CBCT) in evaluating orthodontically induced apical root resorption.
- Sympathectomy causes increased root resorption after orthodontic tooth movement in rats: immunohistochemical studySivakami Rethnam Haug
Department of Physiology, University of Bergen, Arstadveien 19, 5009 Bergen, Norway
Cell Tissue Res 313:167-75. 2003..We have studied the effects of sympathectomy and orthodontic tooth movement (OTM) on root resorption, immunocompetent cell recruitment, neuropeptide, neurokinin-1 receptor (NK1-R), and interleukin 6 (IL-6) ..
- Root resorption--diagnosis, classification and treatment choices based on stimulation factorsZvi Fuss
Department of Endodontology, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel
Dent Traumatol 19:175-82. 2003Etiology of different types of root resorption requires two phases: mechanical or chemical injury to the protective tissues and stimulation by infection or pressure. Injury can be similar in various types of root resorption...
- Multiple idiopathic apical root resorption: a case reportF Moazami
Department of Endodontics, School of Dental Medicine, Shiraz University of Medical Sciences, Shiraz, Iran
Int Endod J 40:573-8. 2007To report a rare case of multiple idiopathic apical root resorption in an adult male.
- Clinical indications for digital imaging in dento-alveolar trauma. Part 2: root resorptionNestor Cohenca
Department of Endodontics, School of Dentistry, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195 7448, USA
Dent Traumatol 23:105-13. 2007..complications of dento-alveolar trauma are pulp necrosis, pulp canal obliteration, periapical pathosis and root resorption. Different types of root resorption have been identified with traumatic injuries...
- Substance P increases production of proinflammatory cytokines and formation of osteoclasts in dental pulp fibroblasts in patients with severe orthodontic root resorptionMasaru Yamaguchi
Department of Orthodontics, Nihon University School of Dentistry at Matsudo, Chiba, Japan
Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop 133:690-8. 2008..the extent to which substance P (SP) increases proinflammatory cytokine production and osteoclast formation of human dental pulp fibroblasts (HDPF) in patients with severe orthodontically induced inflammatory root resorption (OIIRR).
- Multiple idiopathic external apical root resorption: report of four casesS S Cholia
Unit of Restorative Dentistry, Guy's Hospital, London Bridge SE1 9RT, UK
Dentomaxillofac Radiol 34:240-6. 2005Multiple idiopathic external root resorption is an unusual condition that may present in a cervical or an apical form...
- Meta analysis of the treatment-related factors of external apical root resorptionG R Segal
Department of Orthodontics, Temple University, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Orthod Craniofac Res 7:71-8. 2004To elucidate possible treatment-related etiological factors--such as, duration of treatment and apical displacement--for external root resorption.
- Calcium ion diffusion from mineral trioxide aggregate through simulated root resorption defectsHüseyin Ozgur Ozdemir
Department of Endodontics, Faculty of Dentistry, Hacettepe University, Ankara, Turkey
Dent Traumatol 24:70-3. 2008..Thereafter, standardized defects were created on the root surfaces so as to mimic external root resorption. The root canals and external defects received a final irrigation of 17% ethylenediaminetetraacetic acid and ..
- Bilateral extensive idiopathic apical root resorption in supraerupted maxillary molars: a case reportRuchi Gupta
Department of Conservative Dentistry, Institute of Technology and Sciences, Centre for Dental Studies and Research, Ghaziabad, India
Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 106:e44-7. 2008..The pattern of severe resorption affecting only maxillary supraerupted teeth appears to be unique. No significant systemic, dental, or familial findings could be identified as a possible cause...
- Repair of orthodontically induced root resorption by ultrasound in humansTarek El-Bialy
Faculty of Dentistry, King Abdullah Aziz University, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop 126:186-93. 2004b>Root resorption is an adverse outcome of orthodontic tooth movement. In addition to the iatrogenic response and compromising the crown-root ratio, root resorption has led to increased malpractice litigation against orthodontists...
- Idiopathic generalized apical root resorption: a report of three casesAilbhe McMullin
Maxillofacial Unit, Kent and Canterbury Hospital, Canterbury, UK
Int J Paediatr Dent 18:312-6. 2008Idiopathic apical root resorption usually presents as a chance radiographic finding. It may be widespread, affecting the majority of teeth, with implications for the longevity of the dentition.
- Idiopathic root resorption of the entire permanent dentition: systematic review and report of a caseElif Soğur
Department of Oral Diagnosis and Radiology, School of Dentistry, Ege University, Bornova, Izmir, Turkey
Dent Traumatol 24:490-5. 2008A rare case of idiopathic root resorption affecting the entire dentition was described. Root resorptions of all of the maxillary and mandibular teeth were coincidentally diagnosed on patient's radiographic examination...
- Influence of voxel size in the diagnostic ability of cone beam tomography to evaluate simulated external root resorptionGabriela Salatino Liedke
Department of Surgery and Orthopedics, School of Dentistry, Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul UFRGS, Brazil
J Endod 35:233-5. 2009..beam computed tomography (CBCT) scans with different voxel resolutions in the detection of simulated external root resorption (ERR)...
- Spatial distribution of lead in the roots of human primary teethManish Arora
Oral Pathology and Oral Medicine, Faculty of Dentistry, Westmead Centre for Oral Health, Westmead Hospital, University of Sydney, Wentworthville, NSW, Australia
J Trace Elem Med Biol 18:135-9. 2004..The findings reported here are of potential significance during the process of physiological root resorption whence periapical tissue may be exposed to higher levels of lead.
- Histological evaluation of a replanted tooth retained for 49 yearsNurullah Keklikoglu
Department of Histology and Embryology, Faculty of Dentistry, Istanbul University, Istanbul, Turkey
Dent Traumatol 22:157-9. 2006..The histological evaluation revealed resorption of the apical root surface, depositions in cement with different phases and mineral density, and histological changes in the periodontal ligament...
- [Decoronation: indications and treatment timing]S Sapir
Dept. of Pediatric Dentistry, The Hebrew University-Hadassah School of Dental Medicine, Jerusalem, Israel
Refuat Hapeh Vehashinayim 23:19-26, 68. 2006..Different treatment options are considered. Decoronation is described and discussed...
- Treatment of avulsed teeth with Emdogain--a case reportEsber Caglar
Department of Paediatric Dentistry, School of Dentistry, Yeditepe University, Istanbul, Turkey
Dent Traumatol 21:51-3. 2005..At 1-2-6-12-month follow-up period, the clinical and radiographic appearance of the teeth showed resolution of mobility and no signs of replacement resorbption...
- Light microscopic and SEM findings after orthodontic treatment--analysis of a human specimenUlrike Fritz
Department of Orthodontics, University of Aachen, Pauwelsstrasse 30, Aachen, Germany
J Orofac Orthop 66:39-53. 2005..The particular value of this study is that the maxilla of a young adult could be analyzed histologically. Thus it was possible to retrospectively study the effects of a routine orthodontic therapy using light microscopy...
- A novel multidisciplinary approach for the treatment of an intruded immature permanent incisorShabtai Sapir
Hebrew University, Hadassah Faculty of Dental Medicine, Jerusalem, Israel
Pediatr Dent 26:421-5. 2004..ideal treatment option is the one with the lowest probability of developing complications such as external root resorption and marginal bone loss...
- Absence of apical resorption during orthodontic treatment on a tooth with a complicated crown fracture and root canal treatment: a case reportMercedes S Domínguez-Veilleux
Singapore Dent J 26:44-8. 2004b>Root resorption often occurs after tooth trauma and may also occur during orthodontic tooth movement. This has been attributed to bacteria and inflammation or a combination of both aetiologies...
- Soluble cytokine receptor treatment in experimental orthodontic tooth movement in the ratAndreas Jager
Department of Orthodontics, University of Bonn, Germany
Eur J Orthod 27:1-11. 2005..a role in the biological processes involved in the course of orthodontic tooth movement and especially in root resorption. The inhibition of cytokine activity, e.g...
- Endodontic treatment of reimplanted avulsed teethPaul Krasner
Department of Endodontology, Temple University School of Dentistry, USA
Dent Today 23:104-7. 2004..If endodontic treatment is based on the clinical condition of the pulp and PDL cells, the chance of success following reimplantation is improved...
- Multiple dentoalveolar traumatic lesions: report of a case and proposition of dental polytrauma as a new termWilson Denis Martins
Catholic University, Paraná PUCPR, Curitiba, Brazil
J Contemp Dent Pract 5:139-47. 2004..The use of the term "dental polytrauma" (concomitant different dental traumatic injuries) is advocated in this case presentation...
- The complete endodontic obturation of an avulsed immature permanent incisor with mineral trioxide aggregate: a case reportJeffrey Karp
Division of Pediatric Dentistry, Eastman Department of Dentistry, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, Rochester, NY, USA
Pediatr Dent 28:273-8. 2006..of the replanted tooth proved unsuccessful, as evidenced by radiographic signs of external inflammatory root resorption in the middle to cervical thirds of the root...
- Traumatic injury to permanent tooth resulting in complete root resorption: a case reportNaoko Niikuni
Department of Pediatric Dentistry, Nihon University School of Dentistry, Tokyo, Japan
J Oral Sci 49:341-4. 2007..This case report describes a traumatic injury to a permanent tooth resulting in complete root resorption within a short period, which required surgery...
- Management of a multiple dentoalveolar trauma in permanent dentition with avulsion of a canine: a 4-year follow-upAndrea Melo Senes
Bauru School of Dentistry, University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
J Endod 34:336-9. 2008..The treatment outcomes are reported up to the 4-year follow-up, and the clinical approaches and their rationale are discussed...
- Treatment of root surface in delayed tooth replantation: a review of literatureSonia Regina Panzarini
Department of Surgery and Integrated Clinic, Faculty of Dentistry of Aracatuba, Sao Paulo State University, Aracatuba, SP, Brazil
Dent Traumatol 24:277-82. 2008..leads to necrosis of pulp tissue, periodontal ligament cells and cementum, thus increasing the possibility of root resorption, which is the main cause of loss of replanted teeth...
- Immediate reimplantation of primary teeth: a histological study in dogsFarlí Aparecida Carrilho Boer
Universidade Estadual de Londrina Paraná, Londrina, Brazil
Dent Traumatol 24:337-42. 2008..with a more expressive chronic inflammatory infiltrate being observed in the apical third; small root resorption was observed on the palatine/lingual side in the apical third...
- Using orthodontic intrusion of abraded incisors to facilitate restoration: the technique's effects on alveolar bone level and root lengthLucien J Bellamy
Department of Orthodontics, University of Washington, Seattle, USA
J Am Dent Assoc 139:725-33. 2008..The authors examined the effects of orthodontic intrusion of abraded incisors in adult patients to facilitate restoration, focusing specifically on changes in alveolar bone level and root length...
- Information for the diagnosis and treatment of root resorption due to tooth replantationThais Mara Manfrin
Department of Surgery and Integrated Clinic, Araçatuba Dental School, Sao Paulo State University UNESP, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Quintessence Int 39:e5-10. 2008..Vitality of the periodontal ligament cells is considered a critical factor for a successful outcome without root resorption. The dental surgeon is provided with clinical information and radiographic findings to establish a diagnosis ..
- Influence of orthodontic intrusion on pulpal vitality of previously traumatized maxillary permanent incisorsOskar Bauss
Hannover Medical School, Hannover, Germany
Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop 134:12-7. 2008..However, no previous investigation has examined the influence of orthodontic intrusion on pulpal vitality of traumatized maxillary permanent incisors...
- An investigation into dentists' management methods of dental trauma to maxillary permanent incisors in Victoria, AustraliaThai Yeng
Department of Endodontics, School of Dental Science, The University of Melbourne, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Dent Traumatol 24:443-8. 2008..showed inadequate knowledge with regard to understanding the biological mechanisms causing replacement root resorption (61%) and external inflammatory root resorption (74%)...
- Extraoral endodontic treatment by retrograde insertion of posts: a long-term study on replanted and transplanted teethYango Pohl
Department of Oral Surgery, University of Bonn, Germany
Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 95:355-63. 2003..The aim of the study was to investigate the healing results of teeth replanted or transplanted in different indications and treated by extraoral root canal therapy...
- Decoronation for the management of an ankylosed young permanent toothShabtai Sapir
Department of Pediatric Dentistry, Hadassah Faculty of Dental Medicine, Hebrew University, Jerusalem, Israel
Dent Traumatol 24:131-5. 2008..In patients 7-16 years old a tooth is lost 3-7 years after the onset of root resorption. The complications that may develop as a consequence of ankylosis of a permanent incisor in children are due ..
- Replantation of an avulsed permanent maxillary incisor with an immature apex: report of a caseAndrew Paul Goldbeck
Department of Endodontics, College of Dentistry, University of Oklahoma, Oklahoma City, OK 73190, USA
Dent Traumatol 24:120-3. 2008..The indications for, and limitations of, replantation of an avulsed permanent incisor with an immature apex are discussed...
- Root resorption after orthodontic treatmentDavid Armstrong
The University of Sydney, United Dental Hospital, Sydney, Australia
Aust Orthod J 22:153-60. 2006BACKGROUND: Orthodontic treatment can result in root resorption. OBJECTIVE: To determine if apical root resorption is related to the type of appliance used and/or the direction and amount of tooth movement...
- Influence of enamel matrix derivative (Emdogain) and sodium fluoride on the healing process in delayed tooth replantation: histologic and histometric analysis in ratsWilson Roberto Poi
Department of Surgery and Integrated Clinics, Faculty of Dentistry of Aracatuba, Sao Paulo State University UNESP, Aracatuba, SP, Brazil
Dent Traumatol 23:35-41. 2007..It may be concluded that neither 2% acidulated-phosphate sodium fluoride nor Emdogain were able to prevent root resorption in delayed tooth replantation in rats.
- A radiographic analysis of external apical root resorption of maxillary incisors during active orthodontic treatmentHooman Mohandesan
Dental Research Center, Faculty of Dentistry, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Tehran
Eur J Orthod 29:134-9. 2007External apical root resorption (EARR) is an undesirable consequence of orthodontic treatment...
- Orthodontic root resorption of endodontically treated teethTarso Esteves
Department of Dentistry, State University of Maringa, PR, Brazil
J Endod 33:119-22. 2007The purpose of this study was to evaluate, radiographically, whether there is similarity in the apical root resorption found in endodontically treated teeth and untreated teeth when they are submitted to orthodontic treatment...
- Decoronation - a conservative method to treat ankylosed teeth for preservation of alveolar ridge prior to permanent prosthetic reconstruction: literature review and case presentationNestor Cohenca
Department of Endodontics, School of Dentistry, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195 7448, USA
Dent Traumatol 23:87-94. 2007Avulsed teeth that are stored extraorally in a dry environment for >60 min generally develop replacement root resorption or ankylosis following their replantation due to the absence of a vital periodontal ligament on their root surface...
- Intrusive luxation: a case reportAna Helena Gonçalves de Alencar
Department of Endodontics, School of Dentistry, Federal University of Goias, Brazil
Dent Traumatol 23:307-12. 2007..repositioning of traumatically intruded teeth, and questions the ideal period of maintenance of calcium hydroxide dressing in the root canal, in an attempt to prevent the occurrence of root resorption and repair any existing resorption.
- Apical root resorption of upper incisors during the torquing stage of the tip-edge techniqueM van Loenen
Orthodontic Department, School of Dentistry, University of Ghent De Pintelaan 185, P8 B 9000 Ghent Belgium
Eur J Orthod 29:583-8. 2007..of this study was to investigate whether treatment with the Tip-Edge appliance resulted in more apical root resorption (ARR) of the central and lateral incisors during the torquing (third stage) than the non-torquing phases (..
- Replantation of three avulsed permanent incisors with complicated crown fracturesC Walter
Department of Periodontology, Endodontology and Cariology, School of Dentistry, University of Basel, Basel, Switzerland
Int Endod J 41:356-64. 2008..showed signs of replacement resorption affecting the maxillary central incisors but only minor signs of root resorption on the maxillary right lateral incisor...
- Autotransplantation of 28 premolar donor teeth in 24 orthodontic patientsTadasu Tanaka
Graduate School Unit of Orthodontics and Institute for Oral Science, Matsumoto Dental University School of Dentistry, Nagano, Japan
Angle Orthod 78:12-9. 2008..To test the null hypothesis that premolar autotransplantation is not successful for orthodontic patients...
- Clinical evaluation of the measuring accuracy of ROOT ZX in primary teethAndrej M Kielbassa
Department of Operative Dentistry and Periodontology, University School of Dental Medicine, Freie Universitat Berlin, Germany
Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 95:94-100. 2003..The aim of this study was to assess the accuracy of an electronic device (Root ZX; Morita, Tokyo, Japan) for measuring the root canal length in primary teeth...
- Clinical outcomes for permanent incisor luxations in a pediatric population. I. IntrusionsJanice M Humphrey
Dalhousie University, Halifax, Canada
Dent Traumatol 19:266-73. 2003..analysis showed that treatment method and severity of intrusion were related to the presence of replacement root resorption (P < 0.05)...
- Advances in the treatment of avulsed teethPaul Krasner
Department of Endodontology at Temple University, School of Dentistry, USA
Dent Today 22:84-7. 2003
- Replantation of avulsed primary incisors: a risk benefit assessmentE L Zamon
University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Can Dent Assoc 67:386. 2001..This review of case reports identifies a number of pathological outcomes of replantation and provides information for clinicians and parents on the risks that may accompany replantation...
- Factors affecting the time of onset of resorption in avulsed and replanted incisor teeth in childrenM Donaldson
Department of Paediatric and Preventive Dentistry, School of Dentistry, The Queens University of Belfast, Northern Ireland
Dent Traumatol 17:205-9. 2001..Serial analysis of the association between the time of onset of root resorption and dichotomised wet time variables failed to yield any significant associations...
- Restoration and retention of maxillary anteriors with severe root resorptionRhonda R Savage
University of Washington, Seattle, USA
J Am Dent Assoc 133:67-71. 2002The authors describe the treatment of three patients who had severe apical root resorption of maxillary lateral incisors caused by ectopically erupting canines...
- External inflammatory and replacement resorption of luxated, and avulsed replanted permanent incisors: a review and case presentationDavid Finucane
Department of Paediatric Dentistry, Dublin Dental Hospital, Dublin 2, Ireland
Dent Traumatol 19:170-4. 2003..A case is presented, illustrating both resorption entities, but with varying outcomes...
- Healing of root resorption: a case reportSham S Bhat
Department of Paediatric Dentistry, Yenepoya Dental College, Kodialbail, Mangalore-575003, Karnataka, India
J Clin Pediatr Dent 27:235-8. 2003..case report presents a clinical and radiographic follow up (13 months) of treatment of inflammatory external root resorption on maxillary central incisor using Vitapex...
- Avulsions and intrusions: the controversial displacement injuriesDavid J Kenny
Research Institute, Department of Dentistry, The Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Ontario
J Can Dent Assoc 69:308-13. 2003..Teeth replanted beyond 5 minutes will take another path, that of repair followed by root resorption, ankylosis and eventual extraction...
- Replantation of an avulsed incisor after prolonged dry storage: a case reportShiu Yin Cho
Tuen Mun School Dental Clinic, Tuen Mun, Hong Kong
J Can Dent Assoc 68:297-300. 2002..The replanted incisor retained its esthetic appearance and functionality 2 years after replantation, yet the long-term prognosis is not good because of progressive replacement root resorption.
- Internal root resorption associated with inadequate caries removal and orthodontic therapyYoshifumi Kinomoto
Department of Restorative Dentistry and Endodontology, Osaka University Graduate School of Dentistry, Suita, Japan
J Endod 28:405-7. 2002This case report presents a case of internal root resorption originating from inadequate caries removal and orthodontic therapy in maxillary right lateral incisor in a 13-yr-old female...
- Clinical and epidemiological study of traumatic root fracturesA Majorana
University of Brescia, Dental School, Italy
Dent Traumatol 18:77-80. 2002..Adjacent teeth and those in the opposing arch should not be ignored. Treatment is multidisciplinary, requiring surgical, orthodontic, operative and prosthetic compliance. Periodic check-up is essential...
- Rehabilitative treatment after unsuccessful teeth replantation: a case reportPaulo Floriani Kramer
Pediatric Dentistry Department at Lutheran University of Brazil, Porto Alegre, RS, Brazil
J Clin Pediatr Dent 26:119-24. 2002..Teeth were repositioned and stabilized, attempting to achieve a successful replantation. Root resorption occurred, teeth were extracted, followed by orthodontic treatment, and esthetic procedures, modifying ..
- Effect of misoprostol, a prostaglandin E1 analog, on orthodontic tooth movement in ratsAli Reza Sekhavat
Department of Pharmacology, Shiraz University of Medical Sciences, Iran
Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop 122:542-7. 2002..effects of oral administration of misoprostol, a prostaglandin E1 analog, on orthodontic tooth movement and root resorption in rats. Sixty-four male Sprague-Dawley rats that initially weighed 250 +/- 20 g were used in this study...
- Clinical outcomes for permanent incisor luxations in a pediatric population. II. ExtrusionsRaymond Lee
The Children's Hospital of Western Ontario, London, Canada
Dent Traumatol 19:274-9. 2003..03, relative risk = 0.33). Root resorption was an uncommon outcome (3/55)...
- The effect of Emdogain gel on periodontal healing in replanted monkeys' teethKaren Lam
Graduate School of Dental Studies, Faculty of Dentistry, National University of Singapore, Republic of Singapore
Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 97:100-7. 2004..Group C teeth had a significantly higher occurrence of replacement root resorption than did the teeth in groups P and F-but were not significantly different from teeth in groups D and E...
- Re-eruption of traumatically intruded mature permanent incisor: case reportGisele Faria
Department of Pediatric Dentistry, , , Brazil
Dent Traumatol 20:229-32. 2004..We conclude that waiting for spontaneous re-eruption associated with gingivectomy and endodontic treatment is an alternative treatment for severe intrusive luxations in mature permanent teeth...
- Characteristics of patients with severe root resorptionG T Sameshima
Division of Craniofacial Therapeutics and Sciences, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Orthod Craniofac Res 7:108-14. 2004..The purpose of this study was to compare a group of patients in whom all four maxillary incisors were resorbed at least 20% with a matched group...
- [Preservation of alveolar bone of un-restorable traumatized maxillary incisors for future]I Levin
Dept. of Restorative Dentistry, Maurice and Gabriela Goldschleger School of Dental Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel
Refuat Hapeh Vehashinayim 21:54-9, 101-2. 2004..Treatment is multidisciplinary, requiring endodontic, surgical, orthodontic, operative and prosthetic compliance. An individual treatment plan for each patient is necessary. General rule do not apply. Periodic check-up is essential...
- DETERMINANTS OF ROOT RESORPTION DUE TO ORTHODONTIC MOVEMENTMargarita Zeichner David; Fiscal Year: 2005b>Root resorption, either physiological or pathological, results in the destruction of mineralized and non-mineralized tissues of the dental roots...
- Genetic control of susceptibility to root resorptionShaza Abass; Fiscal Year: 2005External apical root resorption (EARR) is a common complication of orthodontic treatment...
- A Novel Implant-based Approach for Treating Retrognathic Hyperdivergent PatientsPeter Buschang; Fiscal Year: 2007..aim is to determine whether posterior teeth intruded with MSI's exhibit greater than expected amounts of root resorption. Root resorption will be measured longitudinally using standardized periapical radiographs...
- Evaluation of Canine Retraction StrategiesJie Chen; Fiscal Year: 2010..theory will be predicted;and the actual clinical outcomes in terms of treatment time, tooth movement, and root resorption will be quantified using newly developed technologies...
- Evaluation of Canine Retraction StrategiesJie Chen; Fiscal Year: 2009..theory will be predicted; and the actual clinical outcomes in terms of treatment time, tooth movement, and root resorption will be quantified using newly developed technologies...
- Root deformation and root resorptionThomas Katona; Fiscal Year: 2006DESCRIPTION: Orthodontic root resorption is a major clinical and medico-legal concern...
- Intracellular and Extracellular function of dentin phosphophorynAnne George; Fiscal Year: 2010..DPP mediated signaling can regulate odontoblast proliferation and differentiation. Results from this study should help us define the various functions of DPP, and its potential use in dentin regeneration. ..
- Hormone-Receptor-MMP Axis in Degenerative TMJ DiseasesSUNIL D KAPILA; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Characterization of DMP1 A Dentin PhosphoproteinAnne George; Fiscal Year: 2010..Once we have characterized the function of DMP1 in dentin formation, then we could use this molecule for regenerating dentin and thus replace synthetic materials that are currently being used in endodontic practices. ..
- Characterization of DMP1 A Dentin PhosphoproteinAnne George; Fiscal Year: 2009..Once we have characterized the function of DMP1 in dentin formation, then we could use this molecule for regenerating dentin and thus replace synthetic materials that are currently being used in endodontic practices. ..
- CRANIOFACIAL SKELETAL TISSUE ENGINEERING CONFERENCESunil Kapila; Fiscal Year: 2007..The meeting will be limited to 250 participants who have a background in bioengineering. ..
- Hormone-Receptor-MMP Axis in Degenerative TMJ DiseasesSunil Kapila; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- Fibronectin Fragment-Induced Osteolysis Mediated by MMPsSunil Kapila; Fiscal Year: 2009..These studies will provide a fundamental understanding of the basis for bone loss in periodontal disease and other osteolytic diseases. ..
- Craniofacial Imaging in the 21st CenturySunil Kapila; Fiscal Year: 2002..The meeting will be limited to 300 participants who have a background in imaging. This symposia series will provide momentum to discoveries that will be important to craniofacial sciences and patient care. ..
- CHARACTERIZATION DMP1 A DENTIN PHOSPHOPROTEINAnne George; Fiscal Year: 2000..These experiments will provide increased understanding of the molecular mechanisms involved in the synthesis of Dmp1 by the odontoblasts. The long -term goal is to understand the role of Dmp1 in dentinogenesis. ..
- Guided Pocket Recolonization (GPR) in PeriodontitisMarc Quirynen; Fiscal Year: 2004..Clinical data will be collected after 2, 4, 6, 8 and 12 weeks. The results should indicate the possible role for commensal organisms in periodontal disease and subgingival biofilm formation. ..
- C. albicans From HIV+ Individuals&its Role in Drug resisKaaren Vargas; Fiscal Year: 2004..In the long-term, I would like to make significant contributions to science in the area of antifungal drug resistance. It is an exciting area of research and I feel strongly that I have the motivation to accomplish this goal. ..
- Characterization of the structure and function of DMP2Anne George; Fiscal Year: 2006..The long-term goal is to understand the regulatory mechanism of DMP2 in dentin mineralization. ..
- MODULATION OF TMJ DEGRADATION BY RELAXIN AND ESTROGENSunil Kapila; Fiscal Year: 2004..The Independent Scientist Award will be critical in achieving these goals. ..
- BIOMIMETIC SCAFFOLD FOR BONE-REPAIRAnne George; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Characterization of DMP1 A Dentin PhosphoproteinAnne George; Fiscal Year: 2006..The long-term goal is to understand the regulatory mechanism of DMP1 in dentin mineralization. ..