Summary: The inflammation of a sweat gland (usually of the apocrine type). The condition can be idiopathic or occur as a result of or in association with another underlying condition. Neutrophilic eccrine hidradenitis is a relatively rare variant that has been reported in patients undergoing chemotherapy, usually for non-Hodgkin lymphomas or leukemic conditions.
Publications177 found, 100 shown here
- Idiopathic recurrent palmoplantar hidradenitis: a case with late onset and long-lasting courseN Kluger
Clin Exp Dermatol 32:217-8. 2007
- Recurrent palmoplantar hidradenitis with exclusive palmar involvement and an association with trauma and exposure to aluminum dustJames M Shehan
Department of Dermatology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
Pediatr Dermatol 21:30-2. 2004Recurrent palmoplantar hidradenitis is a benign, self-limited inflammatory skin condition that has been reported to occur on the soles and palms of otherwise healthy children and young adults...
- Neutrophilic eccrine hidradenitis: a case report of an unusual annular presentationCatherine M Headley
Pennsylvania State Milton S Hershey Medical Center, Hershey, PA 17033, USA
Cutis 75:93-7. 2005Neutrophilic eccrine hidradenitis (NEH) is an acute, self-limited, inflammatory neutrophilic dermatosis. It is most commonly described in patients with acute myelogenous leukemia (AML) following chemotherapy...
- Neutrophilic eccrine hidradenitis masquerading as facial cellulitisMonika Srivastava
Ronald O Perelman Department of Dermatology, New York University School of Medicine, NY 10016, USA
J Am Acad Dermatol 56:693-6. 2007Neutrophilic eccrine hidradenitis typically manifests as erythematous plaques on the face, trunk, or extremities...
- Tender nodules on the palms and soles: palmoplantar eccrine hidradenitisLisa Esler-Brauer
University of Buffalo School of Medicine, The Women and Children s Hospital of Buffalo, New York, USA
Arch Dermatol 143:1201-6. 2007
- Long-term results of wide surgical excision in 106 patients with hidradenitis suppurativaR Rompel
Department of Dermatology, Klinikum Kassel, Kassel, Germany
Dermatol Surg 26:638-43. 2000b>Hidradenitis suppurativa (acne inversa) is a chronic recurrent disorder characterized by abscessing inflammation, fistulating sinus tracts, and scarring. Predilection sites are the intertriginal regions...
- A case of infectious eccrine hidradenitisTakashi Oono
Department of Dermatology, Okayama Graduate School of Medicine, Dentistry and Pharmaceutical Science, Okayama, Japan
J Dermatol 33:142-5. 2006We report a case of "infectious" neutrophilic eccrine hidradenitis who developed papules on the upper arm and trunk...
- Neutrophilic dermatoses during granulocytopeniaS Aractingi
Department of Dermatology, Hopital Saint Louis, Paris, France
Arch Dermatol 131:1141-5. 1995..We undertook a retrospective study of the neutrophilic dermatoses that developed during granulocytopenia induced by chemotherapy for acute myelogenous leukemia...
- Infectious eccrine hidradenitis caused by NocardiaDiana D Antonovich
Department of Dermatology, University of Connecticut Health Center, Farmington, Connecticut 06030, USA
J Am Acad Dermatol 50:315-8. 2004Neutrophilic eccrine hidradenitis is a nonspecific clinical reaction pattern classified as a neutrophilic dermatosis that typically occurs in the setting of chemotherapy for hematologic malignant disease...
- Plantar hidradenitis in children induced by exposure to wet footwearS A Naimer
Goosh Katif Health Center, Hof Gaza, Israel
Pediatr Emerg Care 16:182-3. 2000..either the palms of the hands, or, more commonly, the soles of the feet, characterize palmoplantar eccrine hidradenitis or palmoplantar hidradenitis (PH). The younger pediatric population is predominately affected...
- Chronic pruritic neutrophilic eccrine hidradenitis in a patient with Behçet's diseaseT E C Nijsten
Department of Dermatology, University Hospital Antwerp, Wilrijkstraat 10, B 2650 Edegem, Belgium
Br J Dermatol 147:797-800. 2002Neutrophilic eccrine hidradenitis (NEH) is a rare distinct entity that usually presents as asymptomatic erythematous papules that disappear spontaneously in 1-3 weeks...
- Childhood neutrophilic eccrine hidradenitis: a clinicopathologic and immunohistochemical study of 10 patientsI Hsin Shih
Department of Dermatology, Chang Gung MemorialHospital, Taipei 105, Taiwan
J Am Acad Dermatol 52:963-6. 2005Neutrophilic eccrine hidradenitis (NEH) is occasionally reported in patients who have not received chemotherapy.
- Palmoplantar eccrine hidradenitis: three new cases and reviewM Landau
Department of Dermatology, Tel Aviv Elias Sourasky Medical Center, Sackler School of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Israel
Pediatr Dermatol 15:97-102. 1998Palmoplantar eccrine hidradenitis (PEH) is characterized by painful erythematous papules and nodules of abrupt onset on the soles of young individuals...
- A case of neutrophilic eccrine hidradenitis associated with streptococcal infectious endocarditisToshihiro Takai
Dermatology 212:203-5. 2006
- Neutrophilic eccrine hidradenitis secondary to infection with Serratia marcescensP Combemale
Department of Dermatology, Instruction Military Hospital Desgenettes, 108 boulevard Pinel, 69003 Lyon, France
Br J Dermatol 142:784-8. 2000Neutrophilic eccrine hidradenitis (NEH) is a rare dermatosis which usually develops after administration of chemotherapeutic treatments. An infective origin is exceptional...
- Histology of hidradenitis suppurativaG B Jemec
Department of Dermatology, Bispebjerg Hospital, Copenhagen, Denmark
J Am Acad Dermatol 34:994-9. 1996b>Hidradenitis suppurativa is traditionally classified as a disease of the apocrine gland. However, different histologic descriptions exist.
- Sjögren's syndrome plasma cell panniculitis and hidradenitisT W McGovern
Dermatology Service, Fitzsimons Army Medical Center, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
J Cutan Pathol 23:170-4. 1996..We also observed occasional vascular occlusion of vessels with an amorphous, eosinophilic material possibly related to her hypergammaglobulinemic purpura...
- [Recurrent palmoplantar hidradenitis in childhood]A Beham
Klinik und Poliklinik fur Dermatologie und Allergologie am Biederstein, Technische Universitat Munchen, Biedersteinerstrasse 29, 80802 Munchen
Hautarzt 53:34-6. 2002We describe five cases of recurrent palmoplantar hidradenitis in children...
- Pustular idiopathic recurrent palmoplantar hidradenitis: an unusual clinical featureAngela Hernández-Martín
Unit of Dermatology, Fundacion Hospital Alcorcon, Madrid, Spain
J Am Acad Dermatol 47:S263-5. 2002..The clinical features, pathologic findings, and self-limited course suggested recurrent palmoplantar hidradenitis. This distinctive entity of unknown origin appears during childhood and is characterized histologically by a ..
- Toxic erythema of chemotherapy: a useful clinical termJean L Bolognia
J Am Acad Dermatol 59:524-9. 2008
- Palmoplantar eccrine hidradenitis: seven new casesRebeca Rubinson
Hospital Zubizarreta, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Pediatr Dermatol 21:466-8. 2004Palmoplantar eccrine hidradenitis is a self-limited disease characterized by painful erythematous papules and nodules of abrupt onset on the soles, and less frequently on the palms, of young individuals in good health...
- Index of suspicionMohammed Alsheikh Ali Absi
Lincoln Medical and Mental Health Center, Bronx, NY, USA
Pediatr Rev 29:61-6. 2008
- HyperhidrosisEdgar Altchek
Plast Reconstr Surg 111:943; author reply 943. 2003
- Neutrophilic eccrine hidradenitis heralding the onset of chronic myelogenous leukaemiaM Gómez Vázquez
Department of Dermatology, Complejo Hospitalario Universitario, Faculty of Medicine, Santiago de Compostela, Spain
J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol 17:328-30. 2003Neutrophilic eccrine hidradenitis was initially described in acute myelogenous leukaemic patients undergoing chemotherapy, suggesting a drug-induced mechanism...
- Neutrophilic eccrine hidradenitis mimicking cutaneous vasculitis in a lupus patient: a complication of cyclophosphamideD W Lienesch
Department of Medicine, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Cincinnati, OH, USA
Lupus 12:707-9. 2003Neutrophilic eccrine hidradenitis (NEH) is an unusual self-limited skin disorder characterized by an inflammatory cell infiltrate in the deep dermis involving the eccrine sweat glands, commonly presenting as painful cutaneous nodules...
- [Neutrophilic eccrine hidradenitis in a healthy patient]A Morice
Service de Dermatologie de Caen, CHU
Ann Dermatol Venereol 132:686-8. 2005Neutrophilic eccrine hidradenitis occurs mostly in patients receiving chemotherapy for acute myeloblastic leukemia, rarely in healthy patients...
- Unusual presentation of neutrophilic eccrine hidradenitisW J Chng
Br J Dermatol 151:507-8. 2004
- [Neutrophilic eccrine hidradenitis secondary to thioguanine in a neutropenic patient]Alfonso Rodríguez Bujaldon
Servicio de Dermatologia, Hospital Universitario Reina Sofía de Córdoba, Spain
Actas Dermosifiliogr 96:583-5. 2005Neutrophilic eccrine hidradenitis (NEH) is an infrequent, self-limited inflammatory dermatosis characterized by a neutrophilic infiltrate around the eccrine glands. Clinically, it presents with different types of lesions...
- Painful plantar papules and nodules in a child. Palmoplantar eccrine hidradenitis (PEH)Brook E Tlougan
Division of Pediatric Dermatology, Phoenix Children s Hospital, Phoenix, Arizona, USA
Pediatr Ann 37:83-4, 87. 2008
- Neutrophilic eccrine hidradenitis with sclerodermoid change heralding the relapse of acute myelogenous leukemia: is this a paraneoplastic phenomenon?K Yasukawa
Dermatology 215:261-4. 2007
- A simple procedure for axillae involved with hidradenitisDonald J Mangus
Plast Reconstr Surg 109:1471-2. 2002
- Panniculitis with histiocytoid/immature neutrophils is not limited to histiocytoid panniculitic Sweet syndromePedram Gerami
Am J Dermatopathol 29:596. 2007
- Urticarial papules and plaques on the trunkTarun Narang
Department of Dermatology, Venereology and Leprology, Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh, India
Indian J Dermatol Venereol Leprol 73:63-4. 2007
- Dermacase. Essential or primary hyperhidrosisIrina Turchin
Department of Family Medicine, University of Calgary, Alberta
Can Fam Physician 51:503, 505-6. 2005
- Neutrophilic eccrine hidradenitis in actinic reticuloid syndromeMichiko Tojo
Department of Dermatology, Fukushima Medical University School of Medicine, 1 Hikariga oka, Fukushima 960 1295, Japan
Eur J Dermatol 12:198-200. 2002Neutrophilic eccrine hidradenitis (NEH) is a rare, transient complication, which usually occurs in patients with leukemia receiving various chemotherapeutic regimens...
- Neutrophilic eccrine hidradenitis in non-small cell lung cancerSeung Gyu Lee
Department of Dermatology, Inha University, College of Medicine, Incheon, South Korea
Int J Dermatol 46:59-60. 2007..These changes were consistent with a diagnosis of neutrophilic eccrine hidradenitis (Fig. 2)...
- Surgical approach to extensive hidradenitis suppurativa in the perineal/perianal and gluteal regionsEmre Balik
Department of General Surgery, University of Istanbul, Istanbul Faculty of Medicine, Istanbul, Turkey
World J Surg 33:481-7. 2009Verneuil's disease, or hidradenitis suppurativa, is a chronic suppurative disease with a tendency to sinus formation, fibrosis, and sclerosis...
- Difficult wounds: an updateRichard F Edlich
Distinguished Professor Emeritus of Plastic Surgery and Biomedical Engineering, University of Virginia Health System, Charlottesville, Virginia, USA
J Long Term Eff Med Implants 15:289-302. 2005..of Gardner's syndrome (GS), pseudofolliculitis barbae, nasal septal perforation, factitious wounds, and hidradenitis suppurativa (HS)...
- Oral cyclosporine in the treatment of inflammatory and noninflammatory dermatoses. A clinical and immunopathologic analysisA K Gupta
Department of Dermatology, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor
Arch Dermatol 126:339-50. 1990..Moderate to marked response occurred in both patients with epidermolysis bullosa acquisita and the patient with hidradenitis suppurativa...
- [Radiotherapy of benign diseases: a pattern of care study in Germany]M H Seegenschmiedt
Klinik für Radioonkologie, Strahlentherapie und Nuklearmedizin, Alfried Krupp Krankenhaus Essen
Strahlenther Onkol 175:541-7. 1999..Similar to the European Society of Therapeutic Radiology and Oncology survey, a patterns of care study was performed in Germany...
- Obesity and the skin: skin physiology and skin manifestations of obesityGil Yosipovitch
Departments of Dermatology, Regenerative Medicine, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Winston Salem, NC 27157, USA
J Am Acad Dermatol 56:901-16; quiz 917-20. 2007..redistribution, lymphedema, chronic venous insufficiency, plantar hyperkeratosis, cellulitis, skin infections, hidradenitis suppurativa, psoriasis, insulin resistance syndrome, and tophaceous gout...
- Idiopathic perniosis and its mimics: a clinical and histological study of 38 casesA N Crowson
Department of Laboratories, Misericordia General Hospital, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Hum Pathol 28:478-84. 1997..a mild vacuolopathic or lichenoid interface dermatitis, adventitial dermal mucinosis, lymphocytic eccrine hidradenitis, vascular ectasia, and thrombosis confined to dermal papillae capillaries...
- Non-acne dermatologic indications for systemic isotretinoinMelih Akyol
School of Medicine of Cumhuriyet University, Sivas, Turkey
Am J Clin Dermatol 6:175-84. 2005..Diseases such as psoriasis, pityriasis rubra pilaris, condylomata acuminata, skin cancers, rosacea, hidradenitis suppurativa, granuloma annulare, lupus erythematosus and lichen planus have been shown to respond to the ..
- Bacteraemia in patients with hidradenitis suppurativa undergoing carbon dioxide laser surgery: detection and quantification of bacteria by lysis-filtrationKarin Sartorius
Section of Dermatology and Venereology, Department of Medicine, Karolinska Institutet, Karolinska University Hospital Huddinge, Stockholm, Sweden
Dermatology 213:305-12. 2006b>Hidradenitis suppurativa (HS) is a cicatrising and persistent disease of apocrine gland-bearing areas in adults. The severity of this condition varies from a few suppurating lesions to widespread, disabling disease...
- "Macular arteritis": a latent form of cutaneous polyarteritis nodosa?Wael Al-Daraji
Division of Pathology, School of Molecular Medical Sciences, Queen s Medical Centre, Nottingham, United Kingdom
Am J Dermatopathol 30:145-9. 2008..Additional histologic features included lymphocytic eccrine hidradenitis and chronic spongiotic dermatitis. Extensive laboratory work did not reveal evidence of systemic disease...
- Prospective controlled clinical and histopathologic study of hidradenitis suppurativa treated with the long-pulsed neodymium:yttrium-aluminium-garnet laserBassel H Mahmoud
Mulitcultural Dermatology Center, Department of Dermatology, Henry Ford Hospital, Detroit, Michigan, USA
J Am Acad Dermatol 62:637-45. 2010b>Hidradenitis suppurativa (HS) is a chronic inflammatory disease involving the intertriginous areas.
- Coagulase-negative staphylococci are the most common bacteria found in cultures from the deep portions of hidradenitis suppurativa lesions, as obtained by carbon dioxide laser surgeryJ Lapins
Karolinska Institute, Departments of Dermatology and Venereology and
Br J Dermatol 140:90-5. 1999The significance of bacterial findings in hidradenitis suppurativa (HS) is controversial...
- The importance of histopathologic aspects in the diagnosis of dissecting cellulitis of the scalpDaciana Elena Brănişteanu
Department of Dermatology, Grigore T Popa University of Medicine and Pharmacy, Iassy, Romania
Rom J Morphol Embryol 50:719-24. 2009..occurs because of follicular occlusion via hyperkeratosis, having the same mechanism of acnea conglobata and hidradenitis suppurativa. These dermatoses may be associated or may have an isolated evolution...
- Imatinib mesylate and dermatology part 2: a review of the cutaneous side effects of imatinib mesylateNoah Scheinfeld
Department of Dermatology, St Luke s Roosevelt Hospital Center, New York, NY 10025, USA
J Drugs Dermatol 5:228-31. 2006..pityriasis rosea, psoriasis, reactivation or induction of porphyria cutanea tarda, neutrophilic eccrine hidradenitis, Sweet's syndrome, erythema nodosum, EBV-positive cutaneous B-cell lymphoproliferative disease, possible ..
- Intramuscular immunoglobulin for recalcitrant suppurative diseases of the skin: a retrospective review of 63 casesB Goo
Department of Dermatology and Cutaneous Biology Research Institute, Yonsei University College of Medicine, 134 Shinchon dong, Seodaemoon Gu, Seoul 120 752, Korea
Br J Dermatol 157:563-8. 2007..HIG) may provide a therapeutic option as an independent or combined treatment for recalcitrant suppurative skin diseases such as hidradenitis suppurativa, folliculitis decalvans, or chronic recurrent furunculosis or folliculitis.
- Increased US emergency department visits for skin and soft tissue infections, and changes in antibiotic choices, during the emergence of community-associated methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureusDaniel J Pallin
Department of Emergency Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, MA, USA
Ann Emerg Med 51:291-8. 2008....
- Cigarette smoking as a triggering factor of hidradenitis suppurativaA Konig
Department of Dermatology, Philipp University, Marburg, Germany
Dermatology 198:261-4. 1999b>Hidradenitis suppurativa is a chronic inflammatory skin disease involving the axillary, inguinal and anogenital regions and sometimes, in addition, the submammary or sacral areas. The etiology of this condition is unknown.
- Toll-like receptor 2 is highly expressed in lesions of acne inversa and colocalizes with C-type lectin receptorR E Hunger
Department of Dermatology, University of Bern, Inselspital, 3010 Bern, Switzerland
Br J Dermatol 158:691-7. 2008Acne inversa (hidradenitis suppurativa) is a chronic inflammatory and cicatricial disorder that affects skin areas rich in apocrine glands and terminal hairs, such as perineum and axillae...
- Hidradenitis suppurativa/acne inversa: bilocated epithelial hyperplasia with very different sequelaeM von Laffert
Department of Dermatology and Venereology, Martin Luther University Halle Wittenberg, Ernst Kromayer Strasse 5, D 06097 Halle Saale, Germany
Br J Dermatol 164:367-71. 2011b>Hidradenitis suppurativa/acne inversa is a chronic, inflammatory, scarring disease in the terminal hair follicle and apocrine gland-bearing areas (skin folds)...
- Microbiology and management of polymicrobial female genital tract infections in adolescentsItzhak Brook
Department of Pediatrics, Georgetown University School of Medicine, Washington, DC, USA
J Pediatr Adolesc Gynecol 15:217-26. 2002..of Bartholin's and Skene's glands, infected labial inclusion cysts, labial abscesses, furunculosis, and hidradenitis), endometritis, pyometritis, salpingitis, pelvic inflammatory disease, and tubo-ovarian and pelvic abscess...
- Randomized control trial for the treatment of hidradenitis suppurativa with a neodymium-doped yttrium aluminium garnet laserEmily Tierney
Center for Multicultural Dermatology, Department of Dermatology, Henry Ford Hospital, Detroit, MI 48202, USA
Dermatol Surg 35:1188-98. 2009b>Hidradenitis suppurativa (HS) is a chronic suppurative condition for which there is limited efficacy of medical and surgical treatments.
- Cutaneous adverse events in renal transplant recipients receiving sirolimus-based therapyEmmanuel Mahe
Service de Dermatologie, Hopital Necker Enfants Malades, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Paris, France
Transplantation 79:476-82. 2005..In this study, we evaluated the profile, frequency, and severity of cutaneous adverse events in renal transplant recipients receiving sirolimus-based therapy...
- Vulvar hidradenitis suppurativa. Immunohistochemical evaluation of apocrine and eccrine involvementDebra S Heller
Departments of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine and of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Women s Health, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey New Jersey Medical School, 185 South Orange Avenue, Newark, NJ 07103, USA
J Reprod Med 47:695-700. 2002To evaluate the pathology of vulvar hidradenitis suppurativa (HS).
- Experience using the thoracodorsal artery perforator flap in axillary hidradentitis suppurativa casesCarlos Laredo Ortiz
Hospital General Universitario de Alicante, Spain
Aesthetic Plast Surg 34:785-92. 2010b>Hidradenitis suppurativa is a chronic and recurrent inflammatory disease of the apocrine glands characterized by recurrent abscesses, draining sinus tracts, and scarring that can be located in the groin, axilla, perineal, and perianal ..
- Long-term results of acitretin therapy for hidradenitis suppurativa. Is acne inversa also a misnomer?J Boer
Department of Dermatology, Deventer Hospital, N Bolkesteinlaan 75, 7416 SE Deventer, The Netherlands
Br J Dermatol 164:170-5. 2011b>Hidradenitis suppurativa (HS) is a distressing chronic inflammatory skin disorder which affects predominantly the groins and axillae...
- Hidradenitis suppurativa: a disease of the absent sebaceous gland? Sebaceous gland number and volume are significantly reduced in uninvolved hair follicles from patients with hidradenitis suppurativaS Kamp
Department of Dermatology, Roskilde Hospital, 4000 Roskilde, Denmark
Br J Dermatol 164:1017-22. 2011The pathogenesis of hidradenitis suppurativa (HS) is not clearly understood...
- Hidradenitis suppurativaJ Revuz
J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol 23:985-98. 2009b>Hidradenitis suppurativa is a chronic disease characterized by recurrent, painful, deep-seated, rounded nodules and abscesses of apocrine gland-bearing skin...
- [Treatment options in severe hidradenitis suppurativa]Jascha E Mooij
Academisch Ziekenhuis, afd Dermatologie, Maastricht, The Netherlands
Ned Tijdschr Geneeskd 155:A1912. 2011b>Hidradenitis suppurativa is a chronic skin disease, characterized by painful, deep-seated inflamed lesions, mainly in areas bearing apocrine sweat glands, most commonly the axillary and inguinal regions...
- A novel connexin 26 gene mutation associated with features of the keratitis-ichthyosis-deafness syndrome and the follicular occlusion triadJay R Montgomery
USN, National Naval Medical Center, Bethesda, Maryland 20889, USA
J Am Acad Dermatol 51:377-82. 2004..His major problem was severe, disfiguring, inflammatory dissecting folliculitis of the scalp, hidradenitis suppurativa, and cystic acne, features comprising the follicular occlusion triad...
- Neutrophilic eccrine hidradenitis: a case report and review of the literatureD L Bailey
University of Cincinnati, Department of Dermatology, College of Medicine, Ohio
Pediatr Dermatol 6:33-8. 1989Neutrophilic eccrine hidradenitis (NEH) is a recently recognized dermatosis occurring in patients receiving chemotherapy for a variety of malignancies. We report the second pediatric case...
- [Practical management of hidradenitis suppurativa]J Pedraz
Servicio de Dermatologia, Hospital Universitario de la Princesa, Madrid, Espana
Actas Dermosifiliogr 99:101-10. 2008b>Hidradenitis suppurativa is a chronic inflammatory disease that usually affects areas of the skin with a high density of apocrine glands (axillae, groin, perianal and perineal regions, submammary area, etc)...
- [Septic thrombosis of the axillary vein with unilateral pulmonary abscess. Variation of Lemierre's syndrome]J Schmidt
Chirurgische Klinik I, Evangelisches Krankenhaus Lutherhaus, Essen
Dtsch Med Wochenschr 131:430-3. 2006A man aged 62 was hospitalized for treatment of an axillary abscesses originating from a suppurative hidradenitis.
- [Pyoderma gangrenosum associated with hidradenitis suppurativa: a case report and review of the literature]A E García-Rabasco
Consorcio Hospital General Universitario de Valencia, Espana
Actas Dermosifiliogr 101:717-21. 2010..The case presented here is of a man with a 20-year history of hidradenitis suppurativa who developed pyoderma gangrenosum...
- Pyoderma gangrenosum associated with hidradenitis suppurativaA Ah-Weng
Department of Dermatology, Monklands Hospital, Lanarkshire and Sunderland Royal Hospital, Sunderland, UK
Clin Exp Dermatol 30:669-71. 2005Pyoderma gangrenosum (PG) is associated with a number of systemic diseases. PG in association with hidradenitis suppurativa (HS) has been rarely reported...
- [Hypercalcemia-hyperleukocytosis paraneoplastic syndrome complicating cutaneous squamous cell carcinoma. Report of two cases]B Ben Said
Service de Dermatologie, Hopital Nord, CHU St Etienne, Avenue Albert Raimond, St Priest en Jarez, France
Rev Med Interne 31:309-11. 2010..We report two cases of hypercalcemia-hyperleucocytosis paraneoplastic syndrome complicating cutaneous squamous cell carcinoma...
- Hidradenitis suppurativa of the groin treated by radical excision and defect closure by medial thigh lift: aesthetic surgery meets reconstructive surgeryUlrich M Rieger
Department of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery, University Hospital of Basel, Spitalstrasse 21, 4031 Basel, Switzerland
J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg 62:1355-60. 2009b>Hidradenitis suppurativa of the groin is a chronic, relapsing inflammatory disease of the skin and subcutaneous tissues. Radical surgical excision is the treatment of choice...
- Traumatic purpuric penile ulcerJoseph A Witkowski
Department of Dermatology, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Acta Dermatovenerol Croat 12:96-8. 2004..Past medical history revealed periodic flares of hidradenitis suppurativa, limited to the buttocks and inguinal region; acne, involving the face and back; and angiokeratoma ..
- [Botulinum toxin in disabling dermatological diseases]R Messikh
Service de Dermatologie, CHU Saint Jacques, Universite de Franche Comte, INSERM U645, 25030 Besancon Cedex
Ann Dermatol Venereol 136:S129-36. 2009..in different conditions associated with hyperhidrosis, such as dyshidrosis, multiple eccrine hidrocystomas, hidradenitis suppurativa, Frey syndrome, but also in different conditions worsened by hyperhidrosis such as Hailey-Hailey ..
- Surgical treatment of hidradenitis suppurativa with gentamicin sulfate: a prospective randomized studyMathijs G Buimer
Rijnstate Hospital, Arnhem, The Netherlands
Dermatol Surg 34:224-7. 2008..describes and discusses a prospective randomized study with gentamicin sulfate in the surgical treatment of hidradenitis suppurativa...
- Perifolliculitis capitis abscedens et suffodiens successfully controlled with topical isotretinoinAnthony Karpouzis
Department of Dermatology, School of Medicine, Democritus University of Thrace, University Hospital of Alexandroupolis, 92 Karaoli and Dimitriou street, Greece
Eur J Dermatol 13:192-5. 2003..or dissecting perifolliculitis of the scalp) is a rare entity and constitutes the equivalent over the scalp, of hidradenitis suppurativa and acne conglobata. Etiologic factors are unknown. Diagnosis is proven histologically...
- Successful treatment of perifolliculitis capitis abscedens et suffodiens with combined isotretinoin and dapsoneSven Bolz
Universitäts Hautklinik Heidelberg, D 69115 Heidelberg
J Dtsch Dermatol Ges 6:44-7. 2008..PCAS belongs to the family of acne inversa (hidradenitis suppurativa)...
- Verrucous carcinoma arising in hidradenitis suppurativaB C Cosman
Surgical Service 112E, VA Medical Center, 3350 La Jolla Village Drive, San Diego, CA 92161 0002, USA
Int J Colorectal Dis 15:342-6. 2000There are many reported cases of squamous carcinoma complicating hidradenitis suppurativa, but only one previous mention of verrucous carcinoma in this setting...
- Treatment of hidradenitis suppurativa by photodynamic therapy with aminolevulinic acid: preliminary resultsEric S Schweiger
Department of Dermatology, Mount Sinai Medical Center, New York, NY
J Drugs Dermatol 10:381-6. 2011The current standard of care for hidradenitis suppurativa (HS) includes antibiotics (oral/topical), retinoids (oral/topical) and intralesional steroids and is unsatisfactory...
- Hidradenitis suppurativa complicated by squamous cell carcinomaConstantinos Constantinou
Geisinger Medical Center, Danville, Pennsylvania 17822, USA
Am Surg 74:1177-81. 2008b>Hidradenitis suppurativa (HS) is a chronic inflammatory condition affecting the apocrine glands of the axilla, groin, and perianal region. Although it is a common condition, it is rarely associated with squamous cell carcinoma (SCC)...
- Infliximab therapy for patients with moderate to severe hidradenitis suppurativa: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled crossover trialAnnika Grant
Florida Academic Dermatology Centers, Miami, Florida 33136, USA
J Am Acad Dermatol 62:205-17. 2010Biologic therapies with anti-tumor necrosis factor agents are promising treatments for hidradenitis suppurativa (HS).
- [A case of meningitis emerged as a complication of hidradenitis suppurativa]H Cem Gul
Gulhane Askeri Tip Akademisi, Enfeksiyon Hastaliklari ve Klinik Mikrobiyoloji Anabilim Dali, Ankara
Mikrobiyol Bul 43:153-7. 2009b>Hidradenitis suppurativa (HS), which is characterized by the obstruction of the apocrine gland channels and development of secondary bacterial infections, is a rare clinical entity mostly seen in women...
- Successful treatment of hidradenitis suppurativa with infliximab in a patient who failed to respond to etanerceptYves Poulin
Centre dermatologique du Quebec metropolitain, Quebec, QC G1V 4X7, Canada
J Cutan Med Surg 13:221-5. 2009b>Hidradenitis suppurativa (HS) is a devastating chronic scarring disease of the axillae, groins, and submammary tissue occurring predominantly in women, with onset at puberty. Multiple treatments have been attempted, with limited success...
- [Hidradenitis suppurativa. Response to treatment with infliximab]J Pedraz
Servicio de Dermatologia, Hospital Universitario de la Princesa, Madrid
Actas Dermosifiliogr 98:325-31. 2007b>Hidradenitis suppurativa is a chronic inflammatory disease that runs in outbreaks with painful lesions, fistulas and scars in axillae, groins, buttocks, and perianal and submammary regions...
- Surgical approach to extensive hidradenitis suppurativaOktay Buyukasik
Department of General Surgery, Abant Izzet Baysal University Medical Faculty, Bolu, Turkey
Dermatol Surg 37:835-42. 2011b>Hidradenitis suppurativa (HS) is a chronic suppurative disease of skin with high recurrence.
- ALA-PDT and blue light therapy for hidradenitis suppurativaMichael Gold
Gold Skin Care Center, 2000 Richard Jones Road, Suite 220, Nashville, TN 37215, USA
J Drugs Dermatol 3:S32-5. 2004b>Hidradenitis suppurativa (HS) is a chronic, often suppurative skin condition which affects primarily apocrine glands. A variety of therapies have been used to treat HS, often with unsatisfactory results...
- Surgical treatment of hidradenitis suppurativa: a 10-year experienceRichard J Kagan
Department of Surgery, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Ohio, USA
Surgery 138:734-40; discussion 740-1. 2005b>Hidradenitis suppurativa (HS) is a disease of the apocrine sweat glands resulting in chronic wounds with abscesses, sinuses, and fibrosis...
- Axillary hidradenitis suppurativa: a further option for surgical treatmentS Altmann
Department of Plastic, Reconstructive and Handsurgery, University of Magdeburg, Magdeburg, Germany
J Cutan Med Surg 8:6-10. 2004b>Hidradenitis suppurativa is a chronic inflammatory disease of the cutis with furuncles, fistulas, and abscesses. The disease is mostly located in groin and axilla...
- "Hidradenitis suppurativa" is acne inversa! An appeal to (finally) abandon a misnomerKlaus Sellheyer
Department of Dermatology, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Int J Dermatol 44:535-40. 2005The term "hidradenitis suppurativa" is firmly entrenched in the dermatological literature although it refers to a false pathogenetic concept...
- Three fatal cases of squamous cell carcinoma arising in chronic perineal hidradenitis suppurativaGael M Maclean
Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, John Radcliffe Hospital, Oxford, UK
Ann R Coll Surg Engl 89:709-12. 2007b>Hidradenitis suppurativa (HS) is a chronic, inflammatory and suppurative disorder of skin bearing apocrine glands...
- Is there a role for infliximab in the current therapy of hidradenitis suppurativa? A report of three treated casesSamuel L Moschella
Harvard Medical School, Boston, and Lahey Clinic, Burlington, MA, USA
Int J Dermatol 46:1287-91. 2007b>Hidradenitis suppurativa is one of the follicular occlusion diseases favoring the flexural areas of the body. Because of the past failure of medical therapy, surgery is today the definitive therapeutic approach...
- Cutaneous effects of smokingAnatoli Freiman
Division of Dermatology, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
J Cutan Med Surg 8:415-23. 2004..While known to be strongly associated with a number of cardiovascular and pulmonary diseases and cancers, smoking also leads to a variety of cutaneous manifestations...
- Hidradenitis suppurativa treated with dapsone: A case series of five patientsManjit R Kaur
Department of Dermatology, University Hospital Birmingham NHS Trust, Selly Oak Hospital, Birmingham, UK
J Dermatolog Treat 17:211-3. 2006To evaluate the efficacy of dapsone in the treatment of hidradenitis suppurativa refractory to therapy with oral antibiotics and isotretinoin.
- Vulvar lymphangioma circumscriptum: a report of 3 cases, 2 associated with vulvar carcinoma and 1 with hidradenitis suppurativaShireen Madani Sims
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Florida College of Medicine, Gainesville, FL 32610, USA
J Low Genit Tract Dis 14:234-7. 2010..Treatment options include observation, surgical excision, laser ablation, or sclerosing therapy. We report 3 cases, 2 associated with vulvar squamous cell carcinoma and 1 with hidradenitis suppurativa.
- Hidradenitis suppurativa treated with finasterideM A Joseph
Department of Dermatology, St John s Medical College Hospital, Bangalore, India
J Dermatolog Treat 16:75-8. 2005b>Hidradenitis suppurativa (HS) is a distressing condition for which no satisfactory treatment is available...
- Reflex sympathetic dystrophy with hidradenitis suppurativa exacerbation: a case reportA Moroz
Rusk Institute of Rehabilitation Medicine, Department of Rehabilitation Medicine, New York University School of Medicine, New York, NY 10016, USA
Arch Phys Med Rehabil 82:412-4. 2001..We report a case of a patient who developed RSD 1 week after an exacerbation of hidradenitis suppurativa, a rare chronic inflammatory disease of apocrine sweat glands...
- Reactive arthritis associated with hidradenitis suppurativaApril L Marquardt
The Ohio State University Division of Immunology Rheumatology, William Davis Medical Research Center, Columbus, Ohio 43210 1228, USA
J Natl Med Assoc 101:367-9. 2009This is a case report of a man with chronic hidradenitis suppurativa who developed reactive arthritis. He presented with swelling and pain in his larger joints, along with conjunctivitis involving his right eye...
- Solving acne inversa (hidradenitis suppurativa) in Crohn disease with buried chip skin graftsOliver Bleiziffer
Department of Plastic and Hand Surgery, University of Erlangen Nurnberg, Medical Center, Erlangen, Germany
J Cutan Med Surg 13:164-8. 2009..Common treatment strategies of reconstructive surgery such as local flaps, free flaps, or split-thickness skin grafts are frequently problematic and associated with poor outcomes...
- Estimation of the carcinogenic risk of radiotherapy of benign diseases from shoulder to heelJan Th M Jansen
Radiation Technology Medical Physics, Interfaculty Reactor Institute, Delft University of Technology, Delft, The Netherlands
Radiother Oncol 76:270-7. 2005To estimate risk on fatal tumour induction in patients by radiotherapy of benign diseases at various body sites, including heterotopic ossification, omarthritis, gonarthrosis, heel spurs and hidradenitis suppurativa.
- Absence of efficacy of oral isotretinoin in hidradenitis suppurativa: a retrospective study based on patients' outcome assessmentA Soria
Service de Dermatologie, Groupe Hospitalier Henri Mondor et Albert Chenevier, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Universite Paris 12, Creteil, France
Dermatology 218:134-5. 2009In analogy to acne, oral isotretinoin has been considered in the treatment of hidradenitis suppurativa (HS).
- Surgical treatment of hidradenitis suppurativaJ Bohn
Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Malmo University Hospital, Malmo, Sweden
Scand J Plast Reconstr Surg Hand Surg 35:305-9. 2001b>Hidradenitis suppurativa is a skin disease involving the apocrine sweat glands which often becomes chronic...
- Hidradenitis suppurativa and zinc: a new therapeutic approach. A pilot studyAnabelle Brocard
Department of Dermatology, INSERM U601, CHU Hotel Dieu, Nantes, France
Dermatology 214:325-7. 2007b>Hidradenitis suppurativa (Verneuil's disease) is a chronic suppurative dermatosis involving apocrine glands with a severe impact on the quality of life, which is enhanced by the fact that the drugs usually prescribed are poorly effective.
- Second International Hidradenitis Suppurativa Research SymposiumMichelle Barlow; Fiscal Year: 2009..funding for a one day symposium to provide an intense, high level, interactive symposium focusing entirely on Hidradenitis Suppurtiva (HS) or Acne Inversa, a dermatological disorder that results in recurrent inflammation in apocrine ..