pityriasis rubra pilaris
Summary: A chronic skin disease characterized by small follicular papules, disseminated reddish-brown scaly patches, and often, palmoplantar hyperkeratosis. The papules are about the size of a pin and topped by a horny plug.
Publications119 found, 100 shown here
- Pityriasis rubra pilaris: a clinical reviewDavid Jerard Pincus
Jackson Memorial Hospital, Miami, FL, USA
Dermatol Nurs 17:448-51. 2005b>Pityriasis rubra pilaris is a skin condition with many different clinical presentations. History, histology, clinical presentation, its different classified forms, treatments, and differential diagnoses are reviewed.
- [How I treat...pityriasis rubra pilaris]A L Fraiture
Service de Dermatopathologie, Universite de Liege
Rev Med Liege 57:363-5. 2002b>Pityriasis rubra pilaris is a syndrome of unknown etiology. Six distinct clinical types have been described in infancy and adulthood. Oral retinoids have proven their efficacy...
- Living with pityriasis rubra pilarisRalph E Gilmore
American Airlines, Arlington, TX, USA
Dermatol Nurs 17:378-80. 2005
- [Pityriasis rubra pilaris]S Artik
Hautklinik der Heinrich Heine Universität, Dusseldorf
Hautarzt 55:980-3. 2004b>Pityriasis rubra pilaris (PRP) is a rare papulosquamous disease with typical onset during the first and fifth decades. The skin disorder normally starts on the scalp and spreads caudally within a few weeks...
- [A case of pityriasis rubra pilaris associated with rapidly progressive finger joint destruction]Hirokazu Ohashi
First Department of Internal Medicine, School of Medicine, Sapporo Medical University
Nihon Rinsho Meneki Gakkai Kaishi 27:407-13. 2004..b>Pityriasis rubra pilaris (PRP) was diagnosed in 1996 in the Department of Dermatology at Sapporo Medical University hospital...
- Familial pityriasis rubra pilaris is caused by mutations in CARD14Dana Fuchs-Telem
Department of Dermatology, Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Center, Israel
Am J Hum Genet 91:163-70. 2012b>Pityriasis rubra pilaris (PRP) is a papulosquamous disorder phenotypically related to psoriasis. The disease has been occasionally shown to be inherited in an autosomal-dominant fashion...
- Pityriasis rubra pilaris: a review of diagnosis and treatmentAnnette Klein
Department of Dermatology, University of Regensburg, Regensburg, Germany
Am J Clin Dermatol 11:157-70. 2010b>Pityriasis rubra pilaris (PRP) is a rare inflammatory dermatosis of unknown etiology, and finding a successful therapy can be challenging. PRP occurs equally in men and women...
- Pityriasis rubra pilaris exacerbation with topical use of imiquimodF Clarissa Yang
Department of Dermatology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Int J Dermatol 47:1076-8. 2008..We report the case of a 67-year-old man who was treated with imiquimod for actinic keratosis and developed fever and a progressive erythematous papulosquamous eruption that was histologically consistent with pityriasis rubra pilaris.
- Dermatomyositis with a pityriasis rubra pilaris-like eruption: an uncommon cutaneous manifestation in dermatomyositisMuhterem Polat
1st Dermatology Department, Ankara Numune Education and Research Hospital, Ankara, Turkey
Pediatr Dermatol 24:151-4. 2007A pityriasis rubra pilaris-like eruption has been described in patients with dermatomyositis. We describe an 11-year-old girl with dermatomyositis who had additional clinical findings of pityriasis rubra pilaris...
- Pityriasis rubra pilaris: an unusual cutaneous complication of AIDSR A Bonomo
Department of Medicine, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Am J Med Sci 314:118-21. 1997b>Pityriasis rubra pilaris is an uncommon hyperkeratotic, papulosquamous disorder that has been reported in patients infected by HIV. We recount a case of pityriasis rubra pilaris in an HIV-seropositive man...
- Successful treatment of pityriasis rubra pilaris (type 1) under combination of infliximab and methotrexateDietrich Barth
Department of Dermatology, Venereology and Allergy, University of Leipzig, Philipp Rosenthal Strasse 23, Germany
J Dtsch Dermatol Ges 7:1071-4. 2009b>Pityriasis rubra pilaris (PRP) is often difficult to treat. A 65-year-old women presented with a two week history of widespread erythroderma and scaling with areas of sparing (nappes claires)...
- Atypical pityriasis rubra pilaris associated with arthropathy and osteoporosis: a case report with 15-year follow-upFiona D Behr
Section of Dermatology, University of Arizona College of Medicine, Tucson, Arizona, USA
Pediatr Dermatol 19:46-51. 2002b>Pityriasis rubra pilaris (PRP) is an idiopathic papulosquamous disease that clinically presents with palmoplantar keratoderma and follicular hyperkeratotic papules that coalesce into scaly erythematous plaques...
- Pityriasis rubra pilaris in a HIV-positive patient (Type 6 PRP)Dipankar De
Department of Dermatology, Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh, India
Skinmed 7:47-50. 2008..Considering the atypical cutaneous findings, the clinical possibility of pityriasis rubra pilaris (human immunodeficiency virus [HIV]-associated type 6 PRP) was considered...
- (Juvenile) Pityriasis rubra pilarisVirendra N Sehgal
Dermato Venereology Skin VD Centre, Sehgal Nursing Home, Delhi, India in
Int J Dermatol 45:438-46. 2006
- Pityriasis rubra pilaris and hypothyroidism. Efficacy of thyroid hormone replacement therapy in skin recoveryV Orlandini
Br J Dermatol 156:606-7. 2007
- Adult onset pityriasis rubra pilarisVirendra N Sehgal
Dermato Venereology Skin VD Centre, Sehgal Nursing Home, Delhi, India
Indian J Dermatol Venereol Leprol 74:311-21. 2008b>Pityriasis rubra pilaris (PRP) has always been an intriguing topic ever since its inception...
- Type III juvenile pityriasis rubra pilaris: a successful treatment with infliximabM Ruzzetti
J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol 22:117-8. 2008
- A case of pityriasis rubra pilaris associated with sacroileitis and autoimmune thyroiditisU Gul
J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol 22:889-90. 2008
- Non-acne dermatologic indications for systemic isotretinoinMelih Akyol
School of Medicine of Cumhuriyet University, Sivas, Turkey
Am J Clin Dermatol 6:175-84. 2005..Diseases such as psoriasis, pityriasis rubra pilaris, condylomata acuminata, skin cancers, rosacea, hidradenitis suppurativa, granuloma annulare, lupus ..
- Pityriasis rubra pilarisKatherine L White
Ronald O Perelman Department of Dermatology, New York University, USA
Dermatol Online J 9:6. 2003b>Pityriasis rubra pilaris is a chronic, papulosquamous dermatosis of unclear etiology. The case of a 61-year-old man with pityriasis rubra pilaris is presented...
- Pityriasis rubra pilaris in childrenDawn S Allison
Department of Dermatology, Mayo Clinic and Mayo Foundation, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
J Am Acad Dermatol 47:386-9. 2002b>Pityriasis rubra pilaris (PRP) is an uncommon dermatosis in children. Few long-term studies on the treatment and prognosis of PRP in children have been performed.
- [Pityriasis rubra pilaris. Case reports and review of the literature]S Artik
Universitäts Hautklinik, Heinrich Heine Universitat Dusseldorf
Hautarzt 54:858-63. 2003Various treatment options for pityriasis rubra pilaris (PRP) are evaluated and new aspects of the pathogenesis are reviewed.with. Furthermore, 3 cases of adult onset PRP (type I), treated with acitretin, are presented.
- Clinical improvement of pityriasis rubra pilaris with combination etanercept and acitretin therapyKristy F Davis
Arch Dermatol 143:1597-9. 2007
- Fumaric acid esters therapy: a new treatment modality in pityriasis rubra pilaris?B Coras
Br J Dermatol 152:388-9. 2005
- Tinea versicolor mimicking pityriasis rubra pilarisMatthew J Darling
Department of Surgery, Wilford Hall Medical Center, Lackland Air Force Base, San Antonio, Texas, USA
Cutis 75:265-7. 2005..We recount a case of tinea versicolor that mimicked type I (classic adult) pityriasis rubra pilaris. A 54-year-old white man reported a 20-year history of a recurrent pruritic eruption that had marginally ..
- Paraneoplastic pityriasis rubra pilaris in association with bronchogenic carcinomaAnn Maree Kurzydlo
Department of Dermatology, Royal Newcastle Hospital, Newcastle, New South Wales, Australia
Australas J Dermatol 45:130-2. 2004b>Pityriasis rubra pilaris (PRP) is an uncommon dermatosis occasionally reported in association with an underlying malignancy...
- Familial pityriasis rubra pilaris (adult classic-I): a report of three cases in a single familyVirendra N Sehgal
The Dermato Venereology Skin VD Center, Sehgal Nursing Home, Azadpur, Subzi Mandi, A 6 Panchwati, Delhi, India
Skinmed 1:161-4. 2002
- A review of pityriasis rubra pilaris and rheumatologic associationsHappy Chan
Department of Internal Medicine, University of California, Davis, USA
Clin Dev Immunol 11:57-60. 2004b>Pityriasis rubra pilaris (PRP) is a rare group of hyperkeratotic, papulosquamous disease that can be acquired or inherited. There have been reported cases of rheumatologic associations, mainly arthritis and dermatomyositis...
- Merkel cell carcinoma and multiple cutaneous squamous cell carcinomas in a patient with pityriasis rubra pilarisNghi T Huynh
Department of Dermatology, Institute of Clinical Pathology and Medical Research, Westmead Hospital, New South Wales, Australia
Australas J Dermatol 43:48-51. 2002..cell carcinoma (MCC) and multiple cutaneous squamous cell carcinomas (SCC) occurring on a background of pityriasis rubra pilaris. At the time of initial diagnosis and treatment for upper limb MCC, axillary nodal metastases were ..
- [Infectious risk]E Calabuig
Unidad de Enfermedades Infecciosas, Hospital Universitario La Fe, Valencia, Espana
Actas Dermosifiliogr 99:14-22. 2008..inflammatory dermatitis and systemic diseases with skin expression, such as severe atopic dermatitis, pityriasis rubra pilaris, pyoderma gangrenosum, cutaneous sarcoidosis, Adult Still's disease, inverted acne and refractory graft -..
- Neonatal and infantile erythroderma: a clinical and follow-up study of 42 casesMuhsin A A Al-Dhalimi
Department of Dermatology, College of Medicine, University of Kufa, Kufa, Iraq
J Dermatol 34:302-7. 2007..4%, atopic dermatitis in 14.3%, different types of Ichthyoses in 31.5%, psoriasis in 4.7%, pityriasis rubra pilaris in 2.4%, Staphylococcal scalded skin syndrome in 7.14%, Netherton syndrome in 4...
- Generalized leukaemia cutis from a small cell variant of T-cell prolymphocytic leukaemia presenting with exfoliative dermatitisKi Heon Jeong
Department of Dermatology, College of Medicine, Kyunghee University, Seoul, Korea
Acta Derm Venereol 89:509-12. 2009..He had been treated with oral retinoids, steroids, and phototherapy for the diagnoses of drug eruption, pityriasis rubra pilaris, and exfoliative dermatitis at other hospitals...
- Pityriasis rubra pilaris in association with laryngeal carcinomaT Batinac
Department of Dermatovenerology, University Hospital Center Rijeka, Rijeka, Croatia
Clin Exp Dermatol 34:e917-9. 2009b>Pityriasis rubra pilaris (PRP) is a rare group of hyperkeratotic, papulosquamous diseases that can be acquired or inherited. Cases of PRP associated with malignancy have been rarely reported...
- HCR, a candidate gene for psoriasis, is expressed differently in psoriasis and other hyperproliferative skin disorders and is downregulated by interferon-gamma in keratinocytesSari Suomela
Department of Dermatology, Helsinki University Central Hospital, Helsinki, Finland
J Invest Dermatol 121:1360-4. 2003..Compared to psoriasis, HCR protein had a different distribution in chronic dermatitis, pityriasis rubra pilaris, mycosis fungoides, and chronic skin ulcers...
- [What's new in pediatric dermatology?]J Mazereeuw-Hautier
Service de Dermatologie, CHU Purpan, Toulouse, France
Ann Dermatol Venereol 136:S426-35. 2009..The literature in 2009 also contains studies on Lyell syndrome, Kawasaki disease, vitiligo, psoriasis, pityriasis rubra pilaris, urticaria and alopecia areata.
- Pityriasis rubra pilaris and focal acantholytic dyskeratosisP Cowen
Monash Medical Centre, Clayton, Victoria, Australia
Australas J Dermatol 38:40-1. 1997..Clinically the eruption evolved to erythroderma with typical features of pityriasis rubra pilaris. On review of the histology, changes consistent with this diagnosis were also present in addition to the ..
- Living with pityriasis rubra pilarisLorna Roberts
Dermatol Nurs 17:452-3. 2005
- Pityriasis rubra pilaris presenting with an abnormal autoimmune profile: two case reportsStamatis Gregoriou
University of Athens Medical School, Department of Dermatology, Athens, Greece
J Med Case Reports 3:123. 2009b>Pityriasis rubra pilaris is an uncommon inflammatory and hyperproliferative dermatosis of juvenile or adult onset. The etiology of the disease is still unknown.
- Infliximab in dermatological treatment: beyond psoriasisDimitris Rigopoulos
University of Athens, Department of Dermatology, A Sygros Hospital, 5 Ionos Dragoumi Street, Athens 16121, Greece
Expert Opin Biol Ther 8:123-33. 2008..inflammatory dermatoses as well as systemic diseases involving the skin such as severe atopic dermatitis, pityriasis rubra pilaris, pyoderma gangrenosum and cutaneous sarcoidosis...
- Pityriasis rubra pilaris in association with hepatitis ATeoman Erdem
Department of Dermatology, Ataturk University, Turkey
Saudi Med J 27:1421-2. 2006
- Type II adult-onset pityriasis rubra pilaris successfully treated with intravenous immunoglobulinA C Kerr
Br J Dermatol 156:1055-6. 2007
- Extracorporeal photochemotherapy for the treatment of exanthematic pityriasis rubra pilarisH A Haenssle
Department of Dermatology, Georg August University Goettingen, Germany
Clin Exp Dermatol 29:244-6. 2004b>Pityriasis rubra pilaris (PRP) is a rare papulosquamous skin disease of unknown aetiology that has been categorized into five clinical types based on age at onset, cutaneous features and prognosis...
- Transient eruptive seborrhoeic keratoses associated with erythrodermic pityriasis rubra pilarisM T Sahin
Clin Exp Dermatol 29:554-5. 2004
- Pityriasis rubra pilarisBethany Cook
University of Minnesota, Twin Cities Medical School, USA
Dermatol Nurs 17:456. 2005
- Where pityriasis versicolor and pica collideBen G Tallon
Arch Dermatol 144:813-4. 2008
- Protein-losing gastroenteropathy in a patient with pityriasis rubra pilarisTakamitsu Sato
Digestion 75:98. 2007
- Oral pityriasis rubra pilarisLuis Edmundo Martinez Calixto
Advanced Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology, Department of Oral Diagnostic Sciences, School of Dental Medicine, State University of New York at Buffalo, NY 14214, USA
Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 101:604-7. 2006b>Pityriasis rubra pilaris is a chronic, papulosquamous dermatosis of unknown etiology. Oral mucosal involvement of this condition is rare with only 3 previously reported cases in the English literature...
- Pityriasis rubra pilaris--a retrospective single center analysis over eight yearsAstrid Gemmeke
Department of Dermatology and Allergology, Dresden Friedrichstadt Hospital, Dresden, Germany
J Dtsch Dermatol Ges 8:439-44. 2010b>Pityriasis rubra pilaris (PRP) is a rare papulosquamous dermatosis. We evaluated evaluate co-morbidities, complications, and outcome of treatment regimens.
- The relationship between pityriasis rubra pilaris and inflammatory arthritis: case report and response of the arthritis to anti-tumor necrosis factor immunotherapyP G Conaghan
University of Leeds, UK
Arthritis Rheum 42:1998-2001. 1999b>Pityriasis rubra pilaris (PRP) refers to a group of erythematous, scaling dermatologic conditions that have been associated with seronegative arthritis...
- Peripheral blood findings in erythrodermic patients: importance for the differential diagnosis of Sézary syndromeArielle R Nagler
School of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
J Am Acad Dermatol 66:503-8. 2012..cutaneous T-cell lymphoma can mimic a number of nonmalignant disorders with erythroderma, including pityriasis rubra pilaris, psoriasis, atopic dermatitis, and graft-versus-host disease...
- Oral alitretinoin for the treatment of recalcitrant pityriasis rubra pilarisLaurenz Schmitt
Dermatology Clinic, Clinical Centre of the City of Ludwigshafen, Ludwigshafen am Rhein, Germany
Case Rep Dermatol 3:85-8. 2011Treatment of pityriasis rubra pilaris is still challenging...
- Type I pityriasis rubra pilaris: upregulation of tumor necrosis factor alpha and response to adalimumab therapyYao Hua Zhang
Department of Dermatology and Skin Science and Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Bristish Columbia, Vancouver, BC
J Cutan Med Surg 14:185-8. 2010b>pityriasis rubra pilaris (PRP) has unknown etiology and is often refractory to conventional therapies.
- Pityriasis rubra pilaris in a mother and two daughtersM A Thomson
Br J Dermatol 157:202-4. 2007
- Photoaggravated pityriasis rubra pilarisG Evangelou
Photobiology Unit, Dermatological Sciences, University of Manchester, Hope Hospital, Manchester, UK
Photodermatol Photoimmunol Photomed 21:272-4. 2005b>Pityriasis rubra pilaris (PRP) is a rare papulosquamous condition with an estimated incidence of one in 35,000 to one in 50,000...
- Off-label use of fumarate therapy for granulomatous and inflammatory skin diseases other than psoriasis vulgaris: a retrospective studyA Klein
Department of Dermatology, University Hospital Regensburg, Regensburg, Germany
J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol 26:1400-6. 2012..However, a number of studies and case reports indicate their efficacy in the treatment of further inflammatory skin disorders or granulomatous skin diseases...
- Successful use of etanercept in type I pityriasis rubra pilarisD Seckin
Br J Dermatol 158:642-4. 2008
- Pityriasis rubra pilaris-like reaction induced by imatinibA Plana
Department of Dermatology, Hospital Universitari Germans Trias i Pujol, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Badalona, Spain
Clin Exp Dermatol 38:520-2. 2013..We report a case of a pityriasis rubra pilaris (PRP)-like eruption associated with this drug...
- A case of pityriasis rubra pilaris associated with membranous nephropathyChin Yun Lin
Departments of Dermatology Nephrology, Canterbury District Health Board, Christchurch, New Zealand
Australas J Dermatol 54:e1-3. 2013b>Pityriasis rubra pilaris (PRP) is a rare idiopathic dermatosis which may be associated with autoimmune diseases, HIV infection, and internal malignancies. Its association with renal diseases is, however, much less recognized...
- New-onset vitiligo during long-term, stable infliximab treatment of pityriasis rubra pilarisAdam R Mattox
Department of Dermatology, Saint Louis University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO, USA
J Drugs Dermatol 12:217-9. 2013..the presentation of infliximab-induced vitiligo in a patient using it for long-term treatment of stable pityriasis rubra pilaris. The patient was initiated and titrated to a stable dose of infliximab totaling 27 months' duration...
- Extremely high parathyroid hormone concentrations associated with pityriasis rubra pilaris and monoclonal gammopathy of unknown significance: a clinical dilemmaMine Durusu Tanriover
Hacettepe University Faculty of Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine, Ankara, Turkey
Bone 51:847-50. 2012..The extremely high PTH concentrations were not only due to assay interference, but also secondary hyperparathyroidism, which was evident by the decrease in PTH concentrations with calcium and vitamin D treatments...
- Lipoid proteinosis: report of a possible localized form on both hands and wristsSindy Hu
Departments of Dermatology and Pathology, Chang Gung University School of Medicine, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, 199 Tun Hwa North Road, Tao Yuan, Taipei 105, Taiwan
Int J Dermatol 44:408-10. 2005..A skin biopsy was taken for histopathologic and ultrastructural studies under the clinical impression of pityriasis rubra pilaris. Microscopically, homogeneous perivascular deposits of hyaline-like material were seen in the papillary ..
- A systematic review of the literature on the treatment of pityriasis rubra pilaris type 1 with TNF-antagonistsG Petrof
St John s Institute of Dermatology, Guy s and St Thomas NHS Foundation Trust, London, UK
J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol 27:e131-5. 2013Adult pityriasis rubra pilaris (PRP) type 1 is a rare chronic papulosquamous disorder with clinical and histological parallels with psoriasis...
- [Pityriasis rubra pilaris]U Wollina
Klinik für Dermatologie und Allergologie, Krankenhaus Dresden Friedrichstadt, Städtisches Klinikum, Akademisches Lehrkrankenhaus der TU Dresden, Friedrichstr 41, 01067 Dresden
Hautarzt 63:655-61; quiz 662. 2012b>Pityriasis rubra pilaris is an inflammatory papulosquamous skin disease of unknown etiology. Incidence rates vary between 1:5,000-1:50,000. Six subtypes are differentiated on clinical background...
- Diseases associated with hidranitis suppurativa: part 2 of a series on hidradenitisNoah Scheinfeld
Weill Cornell Medical College, New York, NY, USA
Dermatol Online J 19:18558. 2013..b>Pityriasis rubra pilaris, in particular Type VI related to HIV, has a relationship more commonly with acne conglobata, but with HS ..
- Response of juvenile circumscribed pityriasis rubra pilaris to topical tazarotene treatmentDaniela Karimian-Teherani
Division of General Dermatology, Medical University of Vienna, Wahringer Gurtel, Vienna, Ausria
Pediatr Dermatol 25:125-6. 2008We report juvenile circumscribed pityriasis rubra pilaris (type IV) in a 12-year-old Afghani girl in whom local therapy with tazarotene led to rapid, sustained remission...
- Infliximab monotherapy as first-line treatment for adult-onset pityriasis rubra pilaris: case report and review of the literature on biologic therapyHansgeorg Muller
Department of Dermatology and Venerology, Innsbruck Medical University, Innsbruck, Austria
J Am Acad Dermatol 59:S65-70. 2008b>Pityriasis rubra pilaris (PRP) is a rare, chronic papulosquamous disorder of unknown etiology that often progresses to disabling palmoplantar keratoderma and erythroderma...
- Therapeutic hotline. Treatment of pityriasis rubra pilaris with etanerceptRita Guedes
Dermatology Department, Centro Hospitalar de Vila Nova de Gaia, Vila Nova de Gaia Dermatology Department Clínica Laser Belém, Lisbon, Portugal
Dermatol Ther 24:285-6. 2011b>Pityriasis rubra pilaris (PRP) or Devergie's disease is a chronic and rare papulosquamous disorder of unknown etiology characterized by reddish orange scaly plaques, palmoplantar keratoderma, and keratotic follicular papules...
- Pityriasis rubra pilaris sensitive to narrow band-ultraviolet B light therapyIrene J Vergilis-Kalner
Section of Dermatology, University of Chicago, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
J Drugs Dermatol 8:270-3. 2009b>Pityriasis rubra pilaris (PRP) is a rare skin condition which typically presents in adults as red-orange plaques with islands of sparing, perifollicular keratotic papules, waxy palmoplantar keratoderma, and erythema with fine, diffuse ..
- Letter: Adenocarcinoma of the lung associated with pityriasis rubra pilarisCara B Garretson
Northwestern Memorial Physicians Group, Chicago, Illinois
Dermatol Online J 17:14. 2011We describe a case of pityriasis rubra pilaris refractory to conventional treatment, found to be associated with an unrecognized primary adenocarcinoma of the lung...
- A case of pityriasis rubra pilaris with associated focal acantholytic dyskeratosis complicated by Kaposi's varicelliform eruptionGulsun Erdag
Section of Dermatopathology, Department of Pathology, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA, USA
J Cutan Pathol 38:919-22. 2011The clinical and histopathological diagnosis of pityriasis rubra pilaris (PRP) can be difficult because clinical findings are often subtle in early stages, and microscopic findings can overlap with those of other skin diseases...
- Pityriasis rubra pilaris: the clinical context of acantholysis and other histologic featuresChristine J Ko
Department of Dermatology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT, USA
Int J Dermatol 50:1480-5. 2011Acantholysis has been described in biopsies of pityriasis rubra pilaris (PRP), but this has not been emphasized in the dermatology literature...
- [Pityriasis rubra pilaris after vaccination]B Naciri Bennani
Service de Dermatologie, Hopitaux de Brabois, bâtiment Philippe Canton, 4, rue du Morvan, 54500, Vandoeuvre les Nancy, France
Ann Dermatol Venereol 138:753-6. 2011b>Pityriasis rubra pilaris (PRP) following vaccination is rarely described in the literature. We report a case of PRP occurring two weeks after measles-mumps-rubella (MMR) vaccination.
- Clinical investigation of acitretin in children with severe inherited keratinization disorders in ChinaXi Bao Zhang
Department of Dermatology, Guangzhou Institute of Dermatology, Guangzhou, PR of China
J Dermatolog Treat 19:221-8. 2008..Investigation into the clinical efficacy, side effects and safety of oral acitretin on severe inherited disorders of keratinization in children...
- Skin biopsy and psoriasisM T Rahman
Department of Pathology, Ibrahim Medical College and Consultant Grade I, Histopathology, BIHS, Mirpur, Dhaka, Bangladesh tahminurrahman yahoo com
Mymensingh Med J 19:353-9. 2010..12%). Ashy dermatosis 3(9.09%), Nevus 2(6.06%) and corn, hemangioma, prurigo simplex, pityriasis rubra pilaris (PRP), dermatofibroma, 1(3.03%) each...
- PRP with subcorneal acantholysis: case report and reviewAnita Sebastian
Department of Pathology, Drexel College of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19130, USA
J Cutan Pathol 37:99-101. 2010Although the clinical findings of pityriasis rubra pilaris (PRP) are striking, the microscopic diagnosis can be difficult because changes can be subtle and can overlap with other skin diseases...
- Bilateral herpes simplex keratitis with unilateral secondary bacterial keratitis and corneal perforation in a patient with pityriasis rubra pilarisAnna S Kitzmann
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
Cornea 27:1212-4. 2008To report a case of bilateral herpes simplex keratitis with unilateral secondary bacterial keratitis resulting in corneal perforation in a patient with pityriasis rubra pilaris.
- Genitogluteal porokeratosis: 10 years to make the diagnosis!Joelle Malek
Department of Dermatology, American University of Beirut Medical Center, Beirut, Lebanon
Am J Dermatopathol 31:604-6. 2009..Despite multiple skin biopsies, the lesions were misdiagnosed as psoriasis, lichen simplex chronicus, pityriasis rubra pilaris, and mycosis fungoides, until the last biopsy revealed findings characteristic of porokeratosis...
- Further clinical evidence for involvement of bacterial superantigens in juvenile pityriasis rubra pilaris (PRP): report of two new casesMatthias Möhrenschlager
Pediatr Dermatol 19:569. 2002
- Advocacy and hope for the patient with pityriasis rubra pilarisKathy J Nunemacher
St Luke s Hospital and Health Network, Bethlehem, PA, USA
Dermatol Nurs 20:375-7. 2008b>Pityriasis rubra pilaris (PRP) is a rare skin disease that can cause severe physical and psychological manifestations...
- Juvenile pityriasis rubra pilaris: report of 28 cases in TaiwanChao Chun Yang
Department of Dermatology, College of Medicine, National Cheng Kung University, Tainan, Taiwan
J Am Acad Dermatol 59:943-8. 2008b>Pityriasis rubra pilaris (PRP) is a papulosquamous dermatosis uncommon in juveniles. Large-scale studies are limited, especially from Asian countries.
- Pityriasis rubra pilaris successfully treated with infliximabDiana P Ruiz-Genao
Acta Derm Venereol 87:552-3. 2007
- Retinoids in disorders of keratinization: their use in adultsR Happle
Department of Dermatology, University of Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Dermatologica 175:107-24. 1987..Papillon-Lefèvre syndrome, erythrokeratodermia variabilis, verrucous epidermal nevi, Darier disease and pityriasis rubra pilaris. In patients with Darier disease it is wise to begin with a relatively low dosage of 0...
- [Acute juvenile pityriasis rubra pilaris in a 2-year-old child]Adina Thölke
Klinik fur Dermatologie, Venerologie und Allergologie am Klinikum Mannheim gGmbH, Universitätsklinikum der Ruprecht Karls Universität Heidelberg
J Dtsch Dermatol Ges 2:357-9. 2004b>Pityriasis rubra pilaris (PRP) is a rare idiopathic erythematosquamous disorder...
- Pityriasis rubra pilaris as the initial presentation of renal cell carcinoma?R J Batchelor
Clin Exp Dermatol 30:442-3. 2005
- Erythroderma: a clinical study of 97 casesMaryam Akhyani
Department of Dermatology, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Razi Hospital, Vahdate Eslami Sq 11966, Tehran, Iran
BMC Dermatol 5:5. 2005..Erythroderma is a rare skin disorder that may be caused by a variety of underlying dermatoses, infections, systemic diseases and drugs...
- Circumscribed juvenile pityriasis rubra pilarisA W Arnold
Department of Dermatology, University of Basel, Kantonsspital Basel, Petersgraben 4, CH 4031 Basel, Switzerland
J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol 18:705-7. 2004We report the case of a 20-year-old woman with a 10-year history of circumscribed juvenile-onset pityriasis rubra pilaris (PRP, type IV)...
- [Pityriasis rubra pilaris. A characteristic but rare skin disease]Mikkel Høiberg
Odense Universitetshospital, Dermato Venerologisk Afdeling I
Ugeskr Laeger 166:2909-10. 2004
- Oral cyclosporine in the treatment of inflammatory and noninflammatory dermatoses. A clinical and immunopathologic analysisA K Gupta
Department of Dermatology, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor
Arch Dermatol 126:339-50. 1990..Little or no response was noted in both patients with sarcoidosis, all 3 patients with pityriasis rubra pilaris, 5 of 6 patients with vitiligo, 1 patient with pemphigus foliaceous, and 1 with pemphigus vulgaris...
- Spontaneous clinical improvement in HIV-associated follicular syndromeC Blasdale
Department of Dermatology, Royal Victoria Infirmary, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Clin Exp Dermatol 29:480-2. 2004..described a distinctive triad of nodulocystic acne, striking follicular spines and an eruption resembling pityriasis rubra pilaris (PRP) in HIV-positive patients...
- Juvenile pityriasis rubra pilarisJoshua E Lane
Pediatr Dermatol 21:512-3. 2004
- Inflammatory myopathy in a patient with cutaneous findings of pityriasis rubra pilaris: a case of Wong's dermatomyositisRoberto Caporali
Department of Rheumatology, IRCCS Policlinico, San Matteo Hospital, University of Pavia, Piazzale Golgi 2, 27100, Pavia, Italy
Clin Rheumatol 23:63-5. 2004We report the case of a 46-year-old woman presenting cutaneous lesions similar to those of pityriasis rubra pilaris, characterized by diffuse scaling erythroderma and palmoplantar keratoderma; skin biopsy showed follicular hyperkeratosis ..
- Papulosquamous diseases in the elderlyRobert A Norman
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Dermatology, Nova South eastern Medical Center, Tampa, Florida, USA
Dermatol Ther 16:231-42. 2003..The authors also provide important laboratory exams that can be performed and can help guide diagnosis, as well as differential diagnosis and treatment options...
- [Paraneoplastic pityriasis rubra pilaris in metastatic adenocarcinoma without diagnosable primary]C Kloos
Klinik für Innnere Medizin II, Germany
Dtsch Med Wochenschr 127:437-40. 2002..After continued spreading of these cutaneous lesions, she was admitted to hospital, presenting with a generalised desquamating erythrodermia and marked pruritus...
- Acute juvenile pityriasis rubra pilaris: a superantigen mediated disease?I Betlloch
Department of Dermatology, General Universitary Hospital, Alicante, Spain
Pediatr Dermatol 18:411-4. 2001Juvenile acute pityriasis rubra pilaris (JAPRP) is a form of pityriasis rubra pilaris (PRP) with particular clinical characteristics and course. It is usually preceded by an infectious condition...
- Assessment of the clinical effect of topical tacalcitol on ichthyoses with retentive hyperkeratosisM Okano
Department of Dermatology, Aizembashi Hospital, Osaka, Japan
Dermatology 202:116-8. 2001..demonstrated to produce beneficial clinical effects on epidermo-hyperproliferative disorders such as psoriasis and pityriasis rubra pilaris. However, the efficacy of the agent has not been elucidated in retentive hyperkeratotic disorders.
- Corneocytes in scaly parakeratotic diseasesM Amer
Department of Dermatology, University of Zagazig, Faculty of Medicine, Egypt
Int J Dermatol 35:417-21. 1996....
- Photosensitive pityriasis rubra pilarisH E Iredale
Royal Victoria Infirmary, Department of Dermatology, London, UK
Clin Exp Dermatol 31:36-8. 2006Exacerbation of pityriasis rubra pilaris (PRP) with ultraviolet exposure is well recognized. However, the initial presentation of PRP in a photoexposed distribution is infrequently reported, and only rarely confirmed with phototesting...
- Pityriasis rubra pilaris, type 1Alexandria V Booth
Department of Dermatology, New York University School of Medicine, USA
Dermatol Online J 11:9. 2005..Clinical and histopathologic examination were consistent with pityriasis rubra pilaris, and treatment consisted of acitretin and narrow-band ultraviolet B phototherapy...
- Pityriasis rubra pilaris, type IVJennifer Bragg
Department of Dermatology, New York University School of Medicine, USA
Dermatol Online J 11:14. 2005..Clinical and histologic findings were consistent with a diagnosis of pityriasis rubra pilaris (PRP), type IV (circumscribed juvenile)...
- Juvenile onset classical pityriasis rubra pilaris: every patient may not require systemic therapyNaeem Raza
Department of Dermatology, Combined Military Hospital, Abbottabad
J Coll Physicians Surg Pak 17:564-5. 2007Juvenile onset classical Pityriasis Rubra Pilaris (PRP), although rare, is the most common presentation of PRP in children. It has good prognosis and resolution over a few months...
- Recurrence of classical juvenile pityriasis rubra pilaris in adulthood: report of a caseJ B Hong
Br J Dermatol 157:842-4. 2007
- WORKSHOP ON ORAL RETINOIDS IN DERMATOLOGICAL DISEASEJohn Strauss; Fiscal Year: 1980..The diseases that have been treated include cystic and conglobate acne, psoriasis, pityriasis rubra pilaris, Darier's disease, lamellar ichthyosis, congenital ichthyosiform erythroderma, and epidermolytic ..
- PATHOPHYSIOLOGY & CHEMOTHERAPY IN PSORIASIS AND CANCERGerald Weinstein; Fiscal Year: 1980..both in vivo and in vitro, in a spectrum of proliferative cutaneous diseases that include psoriasis, pityriasis rubra pilaris, skin cancer and cutaneous metastases of internal malignancies taking advantage of their easy ..