Genomes and Genes
Summary: A mild exanthematous inflammation of unknown etiology. It is characterized by the presence of salmon-colored maculopapular lesions. The most striking feature is the arrangement of the lesions such that the long axis is parallel to the lines of cleavage. The eruptions are usually generalized, affecting chiefly the trunk, and the course is often self-limiting.
Publications120 found, 100 shown here
- [Myerson nevus as a primary patch of Gibert pityriasis rosea. A case report]T Hofer
Dermatologie FMH, Winkelriedstrasse 10, CH 5430 Wettingen
Hautarzt 53:338-41. 2002There are only few articles in literature which discuss the association between Meyerson's naevi and Pityriasis rosea. And when so, the discussion is done in a controversial way...
- Pityriasis rosea is associated with systemic active infection with both human herpesvirus-7 and human herpesvirus-6Takahiro Watanabe
Dermatology Branch and Division of Cancer Treatment and Diagnosis, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, NIH Medical Research Scholar Program, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
J Invest Dermatol 119:793-7. 2002b>Pityriasis rosea is a common skin disease that has been suspected to have a viral etiology...
- A prospective case control study of autoimmune markers in patients with pityriasis roseaA A Chuh
Clin Exp Dermatol 28:449-50. 2003
- Granuloma annulareDiptesh Gupta
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Missouri Columbia, Columbia, MO, USA
ScientificWorldJournal 10:384-6. 2010..scaling, or associated vesicles helps to differentiate GA from other skin conditions such as tinea corporis, pityriasis rosea, psoriasis, or erythema annulare centrifugum...
- The role of human herpesvirus 6, human herpesvirus 7, Epstein-Barr virus and cytomegalovirus in the aetiology of pityriasis roseaB Canpolat Kirac
Department of Dermatology, Gazi University, Besevler, Ankara, Turkey
J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol 23:16-21. 2009To identify the role of human herpesvirus 6 (HHV-6), HHV-7, Epstein-Barr virus (EBV) and cytomegalovirus (CMV) in the pathogenesis of pityriasis rosea (PR).
- The detection of human herpesvirus-8 DNA in plasma and peripheral blood mononuclear cells in adult patients with pityriasis rosea by polymerase chain reactionA A T Chuh
Department of Community and Family Medicine, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Prince of Wales Hospital, Shatin, Hong Kong SAR, China
J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol 20:667-71. 2006..particles have been reported to be detectable by electron microscopy in lesional biopsy of patients with pityriasis rosea (PR). We report a study investigating the association of PR with human herpesvirus-8 (HHV-8) infection.
- The identification of primary human herpesvirus 7 infection in young adults with pityriasis rosea by investigating avidity of antibodiesA A T Chuh
J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol 20:629-30. 2006
- Azithromycin does not cure pityriasis roseaAhdi Amer
Wayne State University School of Medicine, The Carman and Ann Adams Department of Pediatrics, Children's Hospital of Michigan, Detroit, MI 48201, USA
Pediatrics 117:1702-5. 2006OBJECTIVES: Pityriasis rosea (PR) is a common skin disorder in children. Its cause is unknown. A recent publication reported a 73% cure rate in patients with PR after treatment with erythromycin...
- [Pityriasis rosea in secondary schools in Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso]A Traore
Service de Dermatologie, Centre Hospitalier National Yalgado Ouedraogo
Ann Dermatol Venereol 128:605-9. 2001b>Pityriasis rosea is a spontaneously regressive benign erythematous squamous dermatosis. A better understanding of this condition in developing countries would be useful.
- Diagnostic criteria for pityriasis rosea: a prospective case control study for assessment of validityA A T Chuh
J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol 17:101-3. 2003
- Pityriasis rosea--an updateAntonio Chuh
Department of Community and Family Medicine, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Prince of Wales Hospital, Hong Kong, SAR, China
Indian J Dermatol Venereol Leprol 71:311-5. 2005Recent controversies on the etiology, diagnosis and treatment have led to increased interest in pityriasis rosea (PR). We review these aspects of the disease. PR is universal. The incidence is around 0...
- Use of high-dose acyclovir in pityriasis roseaFrancesco Drago
Department of Endocrinological and Metabolic Sciences, University of Genoa, Genoa, Italy
J Am Acad Dermatol 54:82-5. 2006The association of human herpesvirus 6 (HHV-6) and HHV-7 with pityriasis rosea suggests that systemic drugs directed against HHV may hasten recovery of patients with pityriasis rosea.
- Additional evidence that pityriasis rosea is associated with reactivation of human herpesvirus-6 and -7Francesco Broccolo
Unit of Human Virology, DIBIT San Raffaele Scientific Institute, Milan, Italy
J Invest Dermatol 124:1234-40. 2005To elucidate the role of human herpesvirus (HHV)-6 and -7 (HHV-7) in pityriasis rosea (PR), we measured their DNA load in plasma, peripheral blood mononuclear cells (PBMC), and tissues using a calibrated quantitative real-time PCR assay...
- Atypical presentations of pityriasis rosea: case presentationsA Chuh
Department of Community and Family Medicine, The Chinese University of Hong Kong and Prince of Wales Hospital, Shatin, Hong Kong SAR, China
J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol 19:120-6. 2005Atypical cases of pityriasis rosea (PR) are fairly common and less readily recognized than typical eruptions. We present four patients for whom we believe atypical PR is the most likely diagnosis...
- Case clustering in pityriasis rosea: a multicenter epidemiologic study in primary care settings in Hong KongAntonio A T Chuh
Department of Medicine, University of Hong Kong, Queen Mary Hospital
Arch Dermatol 139:489-93. 2003To investigate the epidemiology of pityriasis rosea in primary care settings in Hong Kong and to analyze for temporal clustering.
- Purpuric pityriasis roseaEngin Sezer
Department of Dermatology, Faculty of Medicine, Osmangazi University, Eskisehir, Turkey
Int J Dermatol 42:138-40. 2003
- Oral erythromycin is ineffective in the treatment of pityriasis roseaIqbal A Bukhari
J Drugs Dermatol 7:625. 2008
- Oral erythromycin is ineffective in the treatment of pityriasis roseaAbbas Rasi
Department of Dermatology, Hazrat e Rasul Hospital, Iran University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran
J Drugs Dermatol 7:35-8. 2008Despite the availability of various medical treatments for pityriasis rosea, a large percentage of patients fail to achieve satisfactory results. Erythromycin is reported to be effective in the treatment of pityriasis rosea.
- Pityriasis rosea: an update with a critical appraisal of its possible herpesviral etiologyFrancesco Drago
Department of Endocrinological and Metabolic Sciences, Section of Dermatology, University of Genoa, Genoa, Italy
J Am Acad Dermatol 61:303-18. 2009b>Pityriasis rosea is an acute, self-healing exanthem characterized by oval erythematous-squamous lesions of the trunk and limbs, that usually spares face, scalp, palms, and soles...
- Human herpes virus-like particles in pityriasis rosea lesions: an electron microscopy studyFrancesco Drago
Section of Dermatology, Department of Health Sciences, DISEM, University of Genoa, Viale Benedetto XV 7, 16132 Genoa, Italy
J Cutan Pathol 29:359-61. 2002..features of human herpes viruses in the supernatant of cocultured mononuclear cells from patients with acute pityriasis rosea. Because of their morphology and of polymerase chain reaction studies, we ascribed them to human herpes virus ..
- The natural history of pityriasis rosea in black American children: how correct is the "classic" description?Ahdi Amer
The Carman and Ann Adams Department of Pediatrics, Wayne State University School of Medicine, Children s Hospital of Michigan, Detroit 48201, USA
Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 161:503-6. 2007To delineate the natural history of pityriasis rosea in black children and to compare our findings with those of the American, European, and African literature on pityriasis rosea...
- Pityriasis rosea--evidence for and against an infectious aetiologyA Chuh
Department of Medicine, University of Hong Kong, Queen Mary Hospital, Pokfulam, Hong Kong SAR, China
Epidemiol Infect 132:381-90. 2004b>Pityriasis rosea, first named as such in 1860, probably holds the longest record for an exanthem suspected to be associated with an infection but for which an exact cause has not been found...
- Pityriasis rosea with palmoplantar plaque lesionsI Bukhari
Dermatol Online J 11:27. 2005b>Pityriasis rosea is a skin disease characterized by sharply defined pruritic red patches covered by fine scales. It affects mostly adolescent and young adults. Typical lesions usually affect the trunk in a Christmas-tree pattern...
- Pityriasis roseaDaniel L Stulberg
Family Practice Residency Program, Utah Valley Regional Medical Center, Provo, Utah 84604, USA
Am Fam Physician 69:87-91. 2004b>Pityriasis rosea is a common, acute exanthem of uncertain etiology. Viral and bacterial causes have been sought, but convincing answers have not yet been found. Pityriasis rosea typically affects children and young adults...
- Detection of human herpesvirus 7 in pityriasis rosea by nested PCRAyse A Karabulut
Department of Dermatology, Ankara Education and Research Hospital, Refik Saydam Hifzisihha Institute, Ministry of Health, Turkey
Int J Dermatol 41:563-7. 2002..presentation, immunologic, light microscopic, and electron microscopic studies suggest a viral etiology for pityriasis rosea (PR). OBJECTIVE: To evaluate whether human herpesvirus 7 (HHV-7) is an etiologic factor for PR...
- [Pityriasis rosea. Reactivation of human Herpesvirus 6 and 7 infection?]B Korge
Klinik und Poliklinik fur Dermatologie und Venerologie, Cologne
Hautarzt 54:78-9. 2003
- Is human herpesvirus 7 the causative agent of pityriasis rosea?--A critical reviewAntonio A T Chuh
Department of Medicine, University of Hong Kong and Queen Mary Hospital, Pokfulam, Hong Kong SAR, China
Int J Dermatol 43:870-5. 2004Conflicting results on the association of pityriasis rosea and human herpesvirus 7 infection have been reported by different investigators.
- [Studies on the novel association of human herpesvirus-7 with skin diseases]Tibor Vag
Semmelweis Egyetem, Általános Orvostudományi Kar, Bor és Nemikórtani Klinika, Budapest
Orv Hetil 144:1623-9. 2003Human herpesvirus 7 in pityriasis rosea, this and other viruses in papular-purpuric gloves-and-socks syndrome have been implicated, but their primary or recurrent infections are still in question.
- The association of pityriasis rosea with cytomegalovirus, Epstein-Barr virus and parvovirus B19 infections - a prospective case control study by polymerase chain reaction and serologyAntonio A T Chuh
Department of Medicine, The University of Hong Kong and Queen Mary Hospital, Pokfulam, China
Eur J Dermatol 13:25-8. 2003A viral aetiology is suspected for pityriasis rosea (PR). The objective was to investigate the association of PR with cytomegalovirus (CMV), Epstein Barr virus (EBV) and parvovirus B19 infections...
- Pregnancy outcome in patients with pityriasis roseaFrancesco Drago
Department of Endocrinological and Metabolic Sciences, Section of Dermatology, University of Genoa, Genoa, Milan
J Am Acad Dermatol 58:S78-83. 2008The effect of pityriasis rosea (PR) on the outcome of pregnancy has not been previously reported.
- Childhood viral exanthemsJonathan A Dyer
Department of Dermatology, University of Missorui, Columbia, MO, USA
Pediatr Ann 36:21-9. 2007..Recognition of the exanthems associated with these infections and the broader clinical scenarios in which they occur can lead to more rapid diagnosis and appropriate treatment for affected patients...
- Pityriasis rosea in pregnancySebastiano Bianca
Reprod Toxicol 24:277-8. 2007
- Avidity of antibodies to human herpesvirus 7 suggests primary infection in young adults with pityriasis roseaT Vag
J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol 18:738-40. 2004
- Association of pityriasis rosea with human herpesvirus-6 and human herpesvirus-7 in TaipeiW R Wong
Department of Dermatology, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, 199 Tung Hwa North Road, Taipei, Taiwan
J Formos Med Assoc 100:478-83. 2001BACKGROUND AND PURPOSE: Pityriasis rosea (PR) is a common papulosquamous skin disease with unknown etiology. The possible relationship of PR with human herpesvirus infection (HHV) has been extensively studied...
- Investigation of herpes simplex virus DNA in pityriasis rosea by polymerase chain reactionKübra Eren Bozdağ
Department of Dermatology, Ataturk Training and Research Hospital, Izmir, Turkey
Int J Dermatol 44:477-8. 2005b>Pityriasis rosea (PR) is an acute, inflammatory disease of unknown cause. Clinical and experimental findings indicate an infectious etiology of PR...
- Lumps, bumps, and things that go itch in your office!Renee P McLeod
Pediatric Nurse Practitioner Program at Vanderbilt University School of Nursing, Nashville, TN, USA
J Sch Nurs 20:115-6. 2004
- The Meyerson phenomenon in a teenagerCarmelo Schepis
Dermatol Online J 14:28. 2008
- Lumps, bumps, and things that go itch in your office!Renee P McLeod
Pediatric Nurse Practitioner Program at Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN, USA
J Sch Nurs 19:359-60. 2003
- [Gibert's pityriasis rosea]F Prigent
, 75015 Paris
Arch Pediatr 9:1087-8. 2002
- [What is your diagnosis? Pityriasis rosea Gibert]M A Bachmann
FMH Innere Medizin, Pneumologie Klinik und Poliklinik für Allgemeine Innere Medizin Inselspital, Bern
Praxis (Bern 1994) 96:1895-6. 2007
- Pityriasis rosea in pregnancy--specific diagnostic implications and management considerationsAntonio A T Chuh
Department of Community and Family Medicine, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Prince of Wales Hospital, Hong Kong SAR, China
Aust N Z J Obstet Gynaecol 45:252-3. 2005
- Is it scabies? How to tellCorazon R Lafuente
Health Sciences Center, Louisiana State University, New Orleans, LA, USA
Nurse Pract 28:57-9. 2003
- Enterovirus infection as a possible cause of pityriasis rosea: demonstration by immunochemical stainingJohn K S Chia
Arch Dermatol 142:942-3. 2006
- Diseases of the epidermis: pityriasis rosea, lichen planus, keratosis pilarisMelissa Cooper
Dermatol Nurs 17:457-8. 2005
- Dermacase. Pityriasis roseaIrina Turchin
Faculty of Medicine, University of Calgary, Alberta
Can Fam Physician 50:41, 49-50. 2004
- Pityriasis roseaBethany Cook
University of Minnesota, Twin Cities Medical School, Minneapolis, MN, USA
Dermatol Nurs 18:370. 2006
- Pityriasis circinata Toyama successfully treated with high-concentration tacalcitol ointmentMasatoshi Abe
J Dermatol 32:153-5. 2005
- What's your diagnosis? Scaly pubic plaques in a 2-year-old girl--or an "inverse" rashJonathan D K Trager
The Mount Sinai Medical School, New York, New York, USA
J Pediatr Adolesc Gynecol 20:109-11. 2007
- What's your assessment?Barbara Bielan
Dermatol Nurs 15:347-8. 2003
- Atypical pityriasis rosea and Hodgkin's diseaseM J Garcia-F-Villalta
Department of Dermatology, Hospital Universitario de la Princesa, , Madrid 28006, Spain. Corresponding author
J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol 18:81-2. 2004b>Pityriasis rosea (PR)-like eruptions have been associated with several neoplasms and drugs. These eruptions may be atypical. To date, the association of Hodgkin's disease with PR-like eruptions has rarely been reported...
- Purpuric pityriasis rosea-like eruption: a cutaneous marker of acute myeloid leukaemiaA Singal
J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol 21:822-3. 2007
- Pityriasis rosea: an important papulosquamous disorderLenis M González
Dermatology and Pediatrics New Jersey Medical School, Newark, NJ 07103 2714, USA
Int J Dermatol 44:757-64. 2005
- Pityriasis rosea. Appearance and distribution of macules aid diagnosisBernard Karnath
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston, 301 University Blvd, 4, 174 John Sealy Annex, Galveston, TX 77555 0566, USA
Postgrad Med 113:93-4, 97. 2003..He could not recall having an initial patch. Physical examination revealed numerous small, scaly patches on his trunk (figure 1). The rash spared the palms of his hands and soles of his feet as well as the distal extremities...
- Temporal case clustering in pityriasis rosea: a regression analysis on 1379 patients in Minnesota, kuwait, and diyarbakir, TurkeyAntonio A T Chuh
Department of Medicine, University of Hong Kong and Queen Mary Hospital, Pokfulam, Hong Kong
Arch Dermatol 141:767-71. 2005To detect temporal case clustering in patients with pityriasis rosea in different geographic locations.
- Pityriasis rosea-like eruption due to pneumococcal vaccine in a child with nephrotic syndromeSezai Sasmaz
Department of Dermatology, Faculty of Medicine, Kahramanmaras, Turkey
J Dermatol 30:245-7. 2003A pityriasis rosea-like eruption can occur as a consequence of treatments with gold compounds and captopril. It has rarely been reported to have an association with vaccinations such as smallpox, BCG, hepatitis B, and diphtheria toxoid...
- Human herpesvirus 7 in dermatology: what role does it play?Werner Kempf
Department of Dermatology, University Hospital, Zurich, Switzerland
Am J Clin Dermatol 3:309-15. 2002..There are controversial data on the detection of HHV-7 in pityriasis rosea, but so far there is not enough evidence for a pathogenetic association of HHV-7 with this exanthematic skin ..
- Imatinib mesylate and dermatology part 2: a review of the cutaneous side effects of imatinib mesylateNoah Scheinfeld
Department of Dermatology, St Luke s Roosevelt Hospital Center, New York, NY 10025, USA
J Drugs Dermatol 5:228-31. 2006..Rarer side effects include: hypopigmentation, lichenoid reactions, pityriasiform eruptions, pityriasis rosea, psoriasis, reactivation or induction of porphyria cutanea tarda, neutrophilic eccrine hidradenitis, Sweet's ..
- Microsporum gypseum infection in the Siena area in 2005-2006C Romano
Department of Clinical Medicine and Immunological Sciences, Dermatology Section, Siena University, Siena, Italy
Mycoses 52:67-71. 2009..In the three subjects with tinea corporis, the clinical appearance was impetigo-like, psoriasis-like and pityriasis rosea-like respectively. In another case, the lesion was indicative of tinea imbricata...
- The pityriasis rosea calendar: a 7 year review of seasonal variation, age and sex distributionO Ayanlowo
The Dermatology Unit, Department of Medicine, College of Medicine, University of Lagos Lagos, Nigeria
Nig Q J Hosp Med 20:29-31. 2010The most accepted aetiologic factor for Pityriasis Rosea (PR) is viral infection and the evidences for this include the seasonal variation of the disease; intolerance to ampicillin; rarity of second attack; occasional household clustering ..
- [Human herpesvirus 7]József Ongrádi
Semmelweis Egyetem, Általános Orvostudományi Kar, Közegészségtani Intézet, Budapest
Orv Hetil 151:645-51. 2010..Rarely, exanthema subitum or convulsions with fever in children, pityriasis rosea in young adults, lethal complications in immunocompromised persons with concomitant herpesvirus 6B and ..
- Human herpesvirus 7J B Black
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
Rev Med Virol 9:245-62. 1999..primary infection usually occurs during childhood, and it has been associated with cases of exanthem subitum, pityriasis rosea, neurological manifestations and transplant complications...
- Characterization of the inflammatory cell infiltrate in herald patches and fully developed eruptions of pityriasis roseaC Y Neoh
Department of Dermatology, National Skin Centre, Singapore, Singapore
Clin Exp Dermatol 35:300-4. 2010b>Pityriasis rosea (PR) is a common cutaneous papulosquamous disorder affecting young adults. Previous studies have suggested possibilities of a viral aetiology and the involvement of cell-mediated immunity, but these remain unproven to date...
- A prospective survey of pediatric dermatology clinic patients in Kuwait: an analysis of 10,000 casesA Nanda
Department of Dermatology, Asad' Al-Hammad Dermatology Center, Al-Sabah Hospital, Kuwait
Pediatr Dermatol 16:6-11. 1999..was seen in children with alopecia areata, psoriasis, vitiligo, acne vulgaris, contact dermatitis, and pityriasis rosea. Dermatitis, superficial cutaneous infections, and nevi/nevoid disorders were the important groups studied.
- [Oral antibiotics with antiinflammatory/ immunomodulatory effects in the treatment of various dermatoses]T Brinkmeier
Hautklinik, Klinikum Dortmund gGmbH und Universität Witten Herdecke, Germany
Hautarzt 53:456-65. 2002..of cases the following antibiotics have been shown to be effective: erythromycin in bullous pemphigoid and pityriasis rosea as well as tetracyclines in pemphigus vulgaris, bullous pemphigoid and pustulosis palmaris et plantaris...
- Low dose of acyclovir may be an effective treatment against pityriasis rosea: a random investigator-blind clinical trial on 64 patientsS Rassai
Dermatology Department, Jondishapur University of Medical Sciences, Ahvaz, Iran
J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol 25:24-6. 2011b>Pityriasis rosea (PR) is a papulosquamous disease with an unknown aetiology, but recently the role of two herpes viruses human herpes virus 6 and human herpes virus 7 was defined as being the aetiology of PR.
- Skin diseases associated with human herpesvirus 6, 7, and 8 infectionA Blauvelt
Dermatology Branch, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 1908, USA
J Investig Dermatol Symp Proc 6:197-202. 2001..beta-herpesviruses that have been linked with roseola (mostly HHV-6), severe drug eruptions (HHV-6), and pityriasis rosea (mostly HHV-7)...
- Psoriasis guttata with palmoplantar involvement clinically mimicking secondary syphilisWhitney A High
Department of Dermatology, The University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, CO 80045 0510, USA
Cutis 76:358-60. 2005..Alternative diagnoses exist, however, and include psoriasis guttata, atypical pityriasis rosea, and pityriasis lichenoides chronica (PLC)...
- Epidermodysplasia verruciformisChristopher M Hunzeker
Department of Dermatology, New York University, USA
Dermatol Online J 14:2. 2008..Further examination showed pityriasis rosea-like lesions on her neck, back, and arms and verruca plana-like lesions on the dorsa of the hands and ..
- Clinical and histologic features of pityriasis lichenoides et varioliformis acuta in childrenJ Longley
Department of Pathology, College of Physicians and Surgeons of Columbia University, New York
Arch Dermatol 123:1335-9. 1987..These include reactions to arthropods, Gianotti-Crosti syndrome, varicella, and erythema multiforme. Histologically, papular eczema and pityriasis rosea may be misdiagnosed as PLEVA.
- Evolutionary changes of immunohistological characteristics of secondary lesions in pityriasis roseaH Sugiura
Department of Dermatology, Shiga University of Medical Science, Otsu, Japan
Arch Dermatol Res 280:405-10. 1988In 15 patients with pityriasis rosea, we studied the evolutionary changes of the immunohistological characteristics of the secondary lesions. Many CD1a+ cells were seen in the epidermis and dermis of early lesions...
- Recurrent pityriasis rosea. New episodes every year for five years. A case reportL Halkier-Sørensen
Department of Dermatology and Venereology, Marselisborg Hospital, University of Aarhus, Denmark
Acta Derm Venereol 70:179-80. 1990A case of recurrent pityriasis rosea in a 39-year-old woman is presented. She had her first attack of pityriasis rosea 5 years ago and new outbreaks followed every year, in the spring...
- [Benign familial chronic pemphigus and pityriasis rosea. Clinical aspects and histology of the coexistence of both dermatoses]M Winzer
Klinik für Dermatologie und Venerologie, Medizinischen Universität zu Lübeck
Hautarzt 39:324-7. 1988..While this condition was in remission the patient started to suffer from pityriasis rosea. A biopsy of this coexisting dermatosis revealed the typical features of Hailey-Hailey disease (suprabasal ..
- HLA-DR antigen expression on peripheral T cell subsets in pityriasis rosea and herpes zosterT Yoshiike
Department of Dermatology, Juntendo University, School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Dermatologica 182:160-3. 1991..HLA-DR antigen expression on peripheral blood T cell subsets was studied in patients with herpes zoster (HZ), pityriasis rosea (PR) and psoriasis...
- [Pink pityriasis in primary care. Review of 46 cases]M V Castell Alcalá
Centro de Salud V Centenario, San Sebastian de los Reyes, Madrid
Aten Primaria 9:413-6. 1992We pretend to improve the knowledge and management of pityriasis rosea by family practitioners.
- Lichen planus-like atopic dermatitis: expanding the differential diagnosis of spongiotic dermatitisBrett T Summey
Department of Dermatology, Drexel University, Philadelphia, PA, USA
J Cutan Pathol 35:311-4. 2008..spongiotic dermatitis typically entails atopic dermatitis (AD), contact dermatitis, nummular dermatitis, pityriasis rosea and seborrheic dermatitis...
- [Pityriasis rosea-like eruption after anti-inflammatory and antipyretic medication]G Yosipovitch
Dept of Internal Medicine B, Beilinson Medical Center, Petah Tikva
Harefuah 124:198-200, 247. 1993We report 2 cases of a pityriasis rosea-like eruption after the use of the anti-inflammatory and antipyretic medications naproxen, acetaminophen, and a combination of acetylsalicylic acid and codeine phosphate...
- [Pityriasis rosea-like skin eruptions caused by captopril]I Ghersetich
Istituto di Clinica Dermosifilopatica, Universita degli Studi di Firenze
G Ital Dermatol Venereol 125:457-9. 1990..In the case here reported a picture of pityriasis rosea-like reaction is described...
- Giant pityriasis roseaVijay Zawar
Shreeram Sankul, Opp Hotel Panchavati, Vakilwadi, Nashik 422 001, Maharashtra, India
Indian J Dermatol 55:192-4. 2010b>Pityriasis rosea is a frequent papulo-squamous disease and is known for various atypical clinical presentations. We report an adult female patient with a clinical diagnosis of giant pityriasis rosea, which is a rarity in clinical practice.
- The comparison between the efficacy of high dose acyclovir and erythromycin on the period and signs of pitiriasis roseaAmirhooshang Ehsani
Department of Dermatology, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Razi Hospital Iran
Indian J Dermatol 55:246-8. 2010b>Pityriasis Rosea (PR) is an acute inflammatory and self-limiting skin disorder, sometimes with troublesome symptoms. To date, there are few treatments available for this disorder.
- Update on selected viral exanthemsJ S Nelson
Department of Dermatology, University of Iowa Health Care, Iowa City 52242, USA
Curr Opin Pediatr 12:359-64. 2000..the recent literature pertaining to four characteristic exanthems that are thought to be viral in nature: papular purpuric gloves and socks syndrome; pityriasis rosea; unilateral lateral thoracic exanthem; and Gianotti-Crosti syndrome.
- Skin diseases following a Christmas tree patternAndreas Wollenberg
Department of Dermatology and Allergy, Ludwig Maximilian University, Frauenlobstrasse 9 11, D 80337 Munich, Germany
Clin Dermatol 29:189-94. 2011..Here we review clinical aspects of pityriasis rosea, mycosis fungoides, stage 2 syphilis, exanthematic Kaposi sarcoma, exanthematic psoriasis, Leser-Trelat ..
- [Chronic inflammatory and autoimmune mediated dermatoses during pregnancy. Course and prognosis for mother and child]R Renner
Klinik fur Dermatologie, Venerologie und Allergologie, Universität Leipzig Anstalt öffentlichen Rechts, Ph Rosenthal Str 23, 04103, Leipzig
Hautarzt 61:1021-6. 2010..Such risks are not associated with linear IgA dermatosis. A severe pityriasis rosea during the first 20 weeks of pregnancy may lead to an increased risk of abortion or premature delivery...
- Differential diagnosis of psoriasisNicola Balato
Division of Dermatology, Department of Pathology, University of Naples Federico II, Naples, Italy
J Rheumatol Suppl 83:24-5. 2009..Clinical features of chronic psoriasis are generally sufficient to make the diagnosis. Diagnostic doubts, however, may arise in several clinical variants and atypical cases or when the psoriatic lesions are localized in particular sites...
- Vesicular pityriasis rosea: an atypical presentationDidem Didar Balci
Mustafa Kemal University, Faculty of Medicine, Department of Dermatology, Antakya, Turkey
Dermatol Online J 14:6. 2008b>Pityriasis rosea (PR) is an acute, self-limited papulosquamous dermatosis localized on the trunk and extremities. PR is seen most frequently in adolescents and young adults...
- A case of Pityriasis rosea concurrent with the novel influenza A (H1N1) infectionThamer F Mubki
Dermatology Department, Prince Salman Hospital, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Pediatr Dermatol 28:341-2. 2011b>Pityriasis rosea is a common skin disease with a self-limiting course. Multiple etiologies including viruses, bacteria, and fungi have been investigated in an attempt to confirm a casual association...
- Low-dose Ultraviolet A1 Phototherapy for Treating Pityriasis RoseaSang Hee Lim
Department of Dermatology, Konkuk University School of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Ann Dermatol 21:230-6. 2009..UVA1 phototherapy has recently demonstrated high levels of efficacy and tolerability for treating a variety of inflammatory and neoplastic skin diseases...
- Treatments for pityriasis roseaF Drago
Department of Endocrinological and Medical Sciences, Section of Dermatology, University of Genoa, Genoa, Italy
Skin Therapy Lett 14:6-7. 2009b>Pityriasis rosea is a common skin disorder in children and young adults. It is a self-limiting disease with symptoms that are typically mild and tolerable...
- [What's new in clinical dermatology?]J J Morand
Service de Dermatologie, Hôpital militaire Alphonse Laveran, Institut de Medecine Tropicale du Service de Sante des Armees, Marseille, France
Ann Dermatol Venereol 136:S393-406. 2009..Some rare new anatomoclinical entities are identified but "classics" (Lipschütz ulcer, pityriasis rosea, deep dissecting hematoma, puffy hand syndrome, disseminata alopecia areata) are rediscovered and better ..
- Detection of human herpesvirus 8 in the skin of patients with pityriasis roseaAnestis Prantsidis
Department of Dermatology, 414 Military Hospital, Penteli, Greece
Acta Derm Venereol 89:604-6. 2009b>Pityriasis rosea is an acute self-limiting dermatosis with clinical and epidemiological features that suggest viral involvement...
- Phenotypical characteristics of the immune cells in allergic contact dermatitis, atopic dermatitis and pityriasis roseaMahmoud Rezk A Hussein
Department of Pathology, Assuit University Hospitals, Assuit University, Assuit, Egypt
Pathol Oncol Res 15:73-9. 2009..b>Pityriasis rosea (PR) is a self-limited eruption of unknown etiology...
- Multiple recurrences of pityriasis rosea of Vidal: a novel presentationV Zawar
Skin Disease Centre, Nashik, India and Bombay Hospital, Mumbai, India
Clin Exp Dermatol 34:e114-6. 2009We report a young girl with large annular scaly lesions of pityriasis rosea in the axillae and groins, which recurred three times after the initial episode...
- Childhood pityriasis roseaOzge Gunduz
Dermatology Resident, Hacettepe University Faculty of Medicine, Department of Dermatology, Ankara 06100, Turkey
Pediatr Dermatol 26:750-1. 2009b>Pityriasis rosea (PR) is an acute, self-limiting papulosquamous disorder of unknown etiology. Published studies of childhood PR are scarce and most are reviews...
- Pityriasis rosea and discoid eczema: dose related reactions to treatment with goldS M Wilkinson
Department of Dermatology, North Staffordshire Health District, Stoke on Trent, United Kingdom
Ann Rheum Dis 51:881-4. 1992..The development of this rash is not an absolute indication to stop treatment with gold. Control can often be effected with potent topical steroids or a reduction in the dose or frequency of treatment with gold...
- Pityriasis rosea-like adverse reaction: review of the literature and experience of an Italian drug-surveillance centerLaura Atzori
Dermatology Department, Cagliari University, Cagliari, Italy
Dermatol Online J 12:1. 2006b>Pityriasis rosea is a common, acute eruption of uncertain etiology...
- [Serum interferon level and (2'-5')-oligo(A) synthetase activity in pityriasis rosea, basalioma, melanoma and molluscum contagiosum]M H Lang
Abteilung I des Zentrums für Dermatologie und Venerolgie, J W Goethe Universität Frankfurt Main
Z Hautkr 63:1028-36. 1988..In patients with pityriasis rosea (n = 13), basal cell carcinoma (n = 12), malignant melanoma (n = 11), and molluscum contagiosum (n = 13), the ..
- Collarette scaling in pityriasis rosea demonstrated by digital epiluminescence dermatoscopyA A Chuh
Department of Medicine, University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, ROC
Australas J Dermatol 42:288-90. 2001Collarette scaling is a characteristic sign in pityriasis rosea. The use of digital epiluminescence dermatoscopy is proposed to assist in the recognition of this sign as this technique can magnify the lesions, eliminate other epidermal ..
- Narrow band UVB phototherapy and oral acyclovir for pityriasis roseaAntonio Chuh
Photodermatol Photoimmunol Photomed 20:64-5. 2004
- Papular pityriasis roseaRonald M Bernardin
David Grant Medical Center, Travis Air Force Base, Fairfield, California, USA
Cutis 70:51-5; quiz 48. 2002b>Pityriasis rosea (PR) is a seasonal papulosquamous disorder that can be easily confused with a wide variety of similar appearing cutaneous disorders. This is particularly evident in its atypical papular form...
- The human herpesviruses and pityriasis rosea: curious covert companions?Caroline Breese Hall
University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, Rochester, New York, U S A
J Invest Dermatol 119:779-80. 2002
- Should we still use phototherapy for Pityriasis rosea?Juan Pablo Castanedo-Cazares
Photodermatol Photoimmunol Photomed 19:160-1. 2003
- Papular spongiotic dermatitis of smallpox vaccination: report of 2 cases with review of the literatureErich M Gaertner
Department of Pathology, Madigan Army Medical Center, Tacoma, Wash, USA
Arch Pathol Lab Med 128:1173-5. 2004..One case showed a pityriasis rosea-like histologic pattern. The exanthema resolved without sequelae with symptomatic treatment (case 1)...
- Short Wavelength UV Sources for Treatment of PsoriasisJOSEPH SMART; Fiscal Year: 2006..possibly other skin diseases including acne vularis, atopic dermatitis, vitiligo, pruritus, lichen planus, pityriasis rosea and early cutaneous T-cell lymphoma...