Genomes and Genes
Summary: An inflammatory, pruritic disease of the skin and mucous membranes, which can be either generalized or localized. It is characterized by distinctive purplish, flat-topped papules having a predilection for the trunk and flexor surfaces. The lesions may be discrete or coalesce to form plaques. Histologically, there is a "saw-tooth" pattern of epidermal hyperplasia and vacuolar alteration of the basal layer of the epidermis along with an intense upper dermal inflammatory infiltrate composed predominantly of T-cells. Etiology is unknown.
Articles from Journal RESEARCH
Articles from Journal RESEARCH1
Publications266 found, 100 shown here
- Mucosal vulval lichen planus: outcome, clinical and laboratory featuresG Kirtschig
Department of Dermatology, University Hospital Vrije Universiteit, De Boelelaan 1117, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol 19:301-7. 2005Mucosal lichen planus of the vulva is a rare but increasingly recognized condition. It has potentially severe complications such as fusion of the labia and vagina; the risk of developing squamous cell carcinoma (SCC) may be increased...
- Prevalence of vulval lichen planus in a cohort of women with oral lichen planus: an interdisciplinary studyP Belfiore
Mother and Child Department, Gynaecology and Obstetrics Institute, Palermo, Italy
Br J Dermatol 155:994-8. 2006b>Lichen planus (LP) is a mucocutaneous inflammatory dermatosis that frequently involves the oral and genital mucosae...
- Lichen planus patients and stressful eventsL Manolache
Cetatea Histria Polyclinic, Bucharest, Romania
J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol 22:437-41. 2008To evaluate the possible role of stress before the onset/extension of lichen planus.
- The incidence of molluscum contagiosum, scabies and lichen planusR S Pannell
Birmingham Research Unit of the Royal College of General Practitioners, Birmingham, UK
Epidemiol Infect 133:985-91. 2005We aimed to describe the incidence of new episodes of molluscum contagiosum, scabies and lichen planus presenting to general practitioners in England and Wales...
- Vulval lichen sclerosus and lichen planusTess McPherson
Department of Dermatology, Churchill Hospital, Oxford, UK
Dermatol Ther 23:523-32. 2010Lichen sclerosus (LS) and lichen planus (LP) are both immunologically mediated diseases with a preference for the genitalia...
- Status of free-radical oxidation and proliferation processes in patients with atopic dermatitis and lichen planusS G Sapuntsova
Department of Dermatology, Central Research Laboratory, Far Eastern State Medical University, Ministry of Health Care and Social Development of the Russian Federation, Khabarovsk, Russia
Bull Exp Biol Med 150:690-2. 2011..free radicals (by chemiluminescence method) in skin biopsy specimens from patients with atopic dermatitis and lichen planus. The index of Ki-67-positive nuclei significantly (p<0.05) increased to 28.40±2...
- Childhood lichen planus pemphigoides: a case report and review of the literatureDaniela M Cohen
Pediatric Dermatology Unit, Schneider Children s Medical Center, Petah Tiqva, Israel
Pediatr Dermatol 26:569-74. 2009b>Lichen planus pemphigoides is a rare autoimmune blistering disease that is characterized by evolution of vesico-bullous skin lesions in patients with active lichen planus...
- Lichen planus-like eruptions: an emerging side effect of tumor necrosis factor-alpha antagonistsAdam Asarch
Department of Dermatology, Tufts Medical Center, 800 Washington St 114, Boston, MA 02111, USA
J Am Acad Dermatol 61:104-11. 2009..We present two cases of lichen planus-like eruptions after infliximab and adalimumab therapy for psoriasis, and review the literature on this ..
- Detection of human papillomavirus in oral squamous cell carcinoma, leukoplakia and lichen planus in Thai patientsSiribang on P Khovidhunkit
Department of Hospital Dentistry, Faculty of Dentistry, Mahidol University, Bangkok, Thailand
Asian Pac J Cancer Prev 9:771-5. 2008..was to investigate the presence of HPV in Thai patients with oral squamous cell carcinoma, leukoplakia and lichen planus using the polymerase chain reaction (PCR)...
- Lichen planus and dyslipidaemia: a case-control studyJ Dreiher
Hospitals Division, Clalit Health Services, Tel Aviv, Israel
Br J Dermatol 161:626-9. 2009..Previous reports have demonstrated an association between psoriasis and dyslipidaemia...
- Development of lichen planus and psoriasis on lesions of vitiligo vulgarisH Ujiie
Department of Dermatology, Hokkaido University Graduate School of Medicine, Sapporo, Japan
Clin Exp Dermatol 31:375-7. 2006This paper reports a unique case of coexistence of vitiligo vulgaris, lichen planus and psoriasis vulgaris in a 53-year-old man. Five years after the onset of vitiligo, lichen planus developed on his lower lip...
- Diagnostic criteria for erosive lichen planus affecting the vulva: an international electronic-Delphi consensus exerciseR C Simpson
Centre of Evidence Based Dermatology, University of Nottingham, Nottingham, NG7 2NR, UK
Br J Dermatol 169:337-43. 2013There is no defined set of criteria for diagnosing erosive lichen planus affecting the vulva (ELPV) and there is geographical variation in management.
- Psychological health in patients with genital and oral erosive lichen planusE N Lundqvist
Department of Dermatology and Venereology, University Hospital, Umea, Sweden
J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol 20:661-6. 2006Erosive lichen planus is a severe, recurrent and recalcitrant disease that affects several mucosal areas, mostly the genital area and the mouth, but also, for example, the oesophagus and perianal area...
- A study on the association with hepatitis B and hepatitis C in 1557 patients with lichen planusS Birkenfeld
Clalit Health Services Siaal Research Center for Family Medicine and Primary Care Department of Epidemiology and Health Services Evaluation, Faculty of Health Sciences, Ben Gurion University of the Negev, Beer Sheva, Israel
J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol 25:436-40. 2011Previous reports have demonstrated contradicting results on the association between lichen planus and hepatitis.
- Lipid levels in patients with lichen planus: a case-control studyS Arias-Santiago
Dermatology Department, San Cecilio University Hospital, School of Medicine, Granada University, Granada, Spain
J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol 25:1398-401. 2011..Recently, a case-control study found that lichen planus (LP) was associated with dyslipidaemia in a large series of patients...
- An autoimmune phenotype in vulvar lichen sclerosus and lichen planus: a Th1 response and high levels of microRNA-155Annelinde Terlou
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Erasmus University Medical Center, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
J Invest Dermatol 132:658-66. 2012Vulvar lichen sclerosus and lichen planus are T-cell-mediated chronic skin disorders. Although autoimmunity has been suggested, the exact pathogenesis of these disorders is still unknown...
- Cardiovascular risk factors in patients with lichen planusSalvador Arias-Santiago
Department of Dermatology, San Cecilio University Hospital, Granada, Spain
Am J Med 124:543-8. 2011..Recently a case-control study found that lichen planus was associated with dyslipidemia in a large series of patients...
- Real-life experience of managing vulval erosive lichen planus: a case-based review and U.K. multicentre case note auditR C Simpson
Centre of Evidence Based Dermatology, University of Nottingham, King s Meadow Campus, Lenton Lane, Nottingham NG7 2NR, UK
Br J Dermatol 167:85-91. 2012There is a lack of published evidence for treatment and outcome measures for vulval erosive lichen planus (ELPV).
- Lichen planus pemphigoides: a case report and review of the literatureMandy S Harting
Department of Dermatology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas, USA
Dermatol Online J 12:10. 2006
- Erosive oral lichen planus with genital lesions: the vulvovaginal-gingival syndrome and the peno-gingival syndromeRoy S Rogers
Department of Dermatology, Mayo Clinic, 200 First Street SW Rochester, MN 55905 0001, USA
Dermatol Clin 21:91-8, vi-vii. 2003b>Lichen planus is an inflammatory mucocutaneous disorder that may involve mucosal surfaces, such as the oral, genital, and other mucosae, and the skin including the scalp and the nails...
- Laugier-Hunziker syndrome associated with actinic lichen planusS Aytekin
J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol 18:221-3. 2004
- Lipid peroxidation and antioxidant status in lichen planusE Sezer
Department of Dermatology, Gaziosmanpasa University School of Medicine, Tokat, Turkey
Clin Exp Dermatol 32:430-4. 2007b>Lichen planus (LP) is an inflammatory skin disease of unknown aetiology. Recently, increased oxidative stress has been implicated in the pathogenesis of various skin diseases such as atopic dermatitis, psoriasis vulgaris and vitiligo.
- A case of paraneoplastic pemphigus associated with Castleman's disease presenting as erosive lichen planusH L Tey
National Skin Centre, Singapore
Clin Exp Dermatol 34:e754-6. 2009..We present a patient who had been diagnosed and treated for recalcitrant erosive mucocutaneous lichen planus for 3 years with little success...
- Lichen planus in the lines of BlaschkoChristina Kabbash
Department of Dermatology, St Luke s Roosevelt Hospital Center, New York, New York 10025, USA
Pediatr Dermatol 19:541-5. 2002..A biopsy specimen demonstrated the typical histology of lichen planus (LP). There have been fewer than 20 reported cases of childhood linear LP...
- Lichen planus pigmentosus-inversusL Pock
Department of Dermatology and Venerology, Charles University 2nd Medical School, Motol University Hospital, Prague, Czech Republic
J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol 15:452-4. 2001We examined seven patients with lichen planus pigmentosus (LPP) clinically and microscopically. Clinically, all patients had a striking predominance of lesions in an intertriginous location, with most of them in the axillae...
- Hepatitis C virus infection and lichen planus: a systematic review with meta-analysisG Lodi
Unita di Medicina e Patologia Orale, Dipartimento di Medicina, Chirurgia e Odontoiatria, Universita degli Studi di Milano, Italy
Oral Dis 16:601-12. 2010..manifestations including mixed cryoglubulinemia, non-Hodgkin lymphoma, diabetes, porphyria cutanea tarda and lichen planus. The aims of this study were to conduct a systematic review and a meta-analysis on the prevalence of HCV in ..
- HLA-DRB1*0101 is associated with the genetic susceptibility to develop lichen planus in the Mexican Mestizo populationP Luis-Montoya
Department of Dermatology, Hospital General Dr Manuel Gea Gonzalez, Mexico D F, Mexico
Arch Dermatol Res 299:405-7. 2007The etiology of lichen planus (LP) is still unknown and previous studies have found an association between LP and HLA-DR1, DR2, DR3, DR9 and DR10 in different populations...
- A study of 124 Indian patients with lichen planus pigmentosusA J Kanwar
Department of Dermatology, Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh, India
Clin Exp Dermatol 28:481-5. 2003b>Lichen planus pigmentosus is a fairly common disorder of pigmentation in Indians, but reports comprising a sizeable number of patients are lacking in the literature...
- Ulcerative lichen planus associated with Sjögren's syndromeHiromi Tsuboi
Department of Dermatology, Kitasato University School of Medicine, Sagamihara, Japan
J Dermatol 34:131-4. 2007Ulcerative lichen planus is a rare variant of lichen planus that is characterized by ulcerations of the feet and toes that are accompanied by toenail loss...
- Plaque psoriasis vs. atopic dermatitis and lichen planus: a comparison for lesional T-cell subsets, epidermal proliferation and differentiationH J Bovenschen
Department of Dermatology, University Medical Center St Radboud, Nijmegen, René Descartes dreef 1, PO Box 9101, 6500 HB, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Br J Dermatol 153:72-8. 2005..Interestingly, comparative analyses of the disease-specific composition of the lesional T-cell infiltrate in plaque psoriasis and other inflammatory dermatoses have only sparsely been performed...
- Lichen planus and cicatrizing conjunctivitis: characterization of five casesJennifer E Thorne
Department of Ophthalmology, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
Am J Ophthalmol 136:239-43. 2003To report the clinical and immunopathologic features and the response to therapy in a series of six patients with cicatrizing conjunctivitis due to lichen planus.
- Two cases of palmoplantar lichen planus with various clinical featuresMin Ji Kim
Department of Dermatology, Seoul National University College of Medicine, Seoul, Republic of Korea
J Dermatol 37:985-9. 2010Two cases of palmoplantar lichen planus with various clinical features. Palmoplantar lichen planus is a rare, localized variant of lichen planus...
- Lichen planus associated with etanerceptM Battistella
Br J Dermatol 158:188-90. 2008
- A case of vulvovaginal gingival lichen planus in association with Good's syndromeKarwan A Moutasim
King s College London Dental Institute at Guy s, King s and St Thomas Hospitals, London, UK
Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 105:e57-60. 2008Vulvovaginal gingival lichen planus (VVG LP) is a distinct variant of LP frequently associated with mucocutaneous scarring and vaginal stricture formation...
- Colocalization of lichen planus and vitiligo associated with selective IgA deficiencyUlker Gul
Second Dermatology Clinic, Ankara Numune Education and Research Hospital, Ankara, Turkey
Skinmed 6:202-3. 2007..Melanocytes were decreased in number, and in some areas they were absent at the basal layer of epidermis. Clinical and histopathologic diagnosis were consistent with lichen planus and vitiligo (Figure 2).
- Lacrimal canalicular duct scarring in patients with lichen planusNaomi K Webber
St John s Institute of Dermatology, Guy s and St Thomas National Health Service Foundation Trust, Westminster Bridge Road, London SE1 7EH, England
Arch Dermatol 148:224-7. 2012b>Lichen planus (LP) is a mucocutaneous inflammatory disease that affects multiple sites, including the skin, oral cavity, vulva, and vagina and can result in scarring and stricture formation...
- Diagnosis of vulval inflammatory dermatoses: a pathological study with clinical correlationLeonard Niamh
Department of Pathology, 5th Floor Duncan Building, Royal Liverpool University Hospital, L7 8XP, England
Int J Gynecol Pathol 28:554-8. 2009..recent publications to determine whether these could help to distinguish between lichen sclerosus (LS) and lichen planus (LP)...
- Lichen planus of the larynxC E Rennie
Department of Otolaryngology, St Mary s Hospital, London, UK
J Laryngol Otol 125:432-5. 2011We report an extremely rare case of laryngeal lichen planus.
- HLA antigens in Arabs with lichen planusA G White
Department of Organ Transplantation, Kuwait University
Clin Exp Dermatol 19:236-7. 1994We have HLA typed 50 Arab patients with cutaneous lichen planus who were resident in Kuwait and then compared the antigen incidence with 100 normal controls...
- Lichen planus and lichenoid drug-induced eruption: a histological and immunohistochemical studyDenise Lage
Department of Pathology Dermatology, Medical School, UNICAMP, Brazil
Int J Dermatol 51:1199-205. 2012Lichenoid drug eruption (LDE) shares similar features with lichen planus (LP), that could reflect the same pathogenesis. In LP, an autoimmune attack is accepted and cytotoxic T-lymphocytes (CD8+) predominate, especially in late lesions...
- Childhood lichen planus: a report of 23 casesA Nanda
Asad Al Hamad, Dermatology Centre, Al Sabah Hospital, Kuwait
Pediatr Dermatol 18:1-4. 2001b>Lichen planus (LP) in children is a rare entity. We report 23 cases of childhood LP seen over a period of 7 years. Ninety-six percent of the children were of Arab ancestry. There were 52% boys and 48% girls...
- Hepatitis C virus and lichen planusYumiko Nagao
Research Center for Innovative Cancer Therapy, Kurume University School of Medicine, Kurume, Fukuoka, Japan
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 19:1101-13. 2004..Sjögren's syndrome, autoimmune thyroiditis, malignant lymphoma, porphyria cutanea tarda and lichen planus. Although the mechanisms of extrahepatic manifestations remain unclear, it is known that interferon (IFN) ..
- [Blood coagulation parameters in patients with lichen planus]Anna Wankiewicz
Katedra i Klinika Dermatologii AM w Bydgoszczy
Pol Merkur Lekarski 17:55-7. 2004..study was to evaluate some blood parameters of coagulation process in blood plasma of patients suffering from lichen planus. The study group consisted of 23 patients--14 women and 9 men, aged 33-75 years...
- Variations in presentations of esophageal involvement in lichen planusDavid A Katzka
Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol 8:777-82. 2010b>Lichen planus is a relatively uncommon, presumed autoimmune disease that affects middle-aged patients and is manifested in the skin, nails, and mucous membranes...
- Childhood lichen planus: demographics of a U.S. populationKara E Walton
St Luke s Medical Center, Department of Medicine, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA
Pediatr Dermatol 27:34-8. 2010b>Lichen planus is an inflammatory dermatosis of unknown origin that is relatively uncommon in children...
- Lichen planus in childhood: report of 100 casesA J Kanwar
Department of Dermatology, Venereology and Leprology, Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh, India
Clin Exp Dermatol 35:257-62. 2010b>Lichen planus (LP) is uncommon in children, and there have been few large studies on LP in this patient group. Most of the literature on childhood LP has appeared as case reports or isolated case series.
- TT virus detection in oral lichen planus lesionsE Rodriguez-Inigo
Fundacion para el Estudio de las Hepatitis Virales, C Guzmán el Bueno, 72, 28015 Madrid, Spain
J Med Virol 64:183-9. 2001Epidemiological studies have demonstrated a correlation between oral lichen planus and different liver diseases...
- Antigen mimicry followed by epitope spreading: a pathogenetic trigger for the clinical morphology of lichen planus and its transition to Graham Lassueur Piccardi Little Syndrome and keratosis lichenoides chronica - Medical hypotheses or reality?Georgi Tchernev
Department of Dermatology, Venereology and Dermatosurgery, MVZ, Kirchheim, Germany
An Bras Dermatol 84:682-8. 2009Literature data analysis, providing an exact explanation of the lichen planus pathogenesis, as well as its transition into other rare forms such as Keratosis lichenoides chronica or Graham Lassueur Piccardi Little Syndrome are scant, or ..
- Nail lichen planus in children: clinical features, response to treatment, and long-term follow-upA Tosti
Department of Dermatology, University of Bologna, Via Massarenti 1, 40138 Bologna, Italy
Arch Dermatol 137:1027-32. 2001To report clinical features, response to treatment, and long-term follow-up of nail lichen planus in children.
- Annular atrophic lichen planusAna Morales-Callaghan
Department of Dermatology, Clinical Hospital of Valladolid, Valladolid, Spain
J Am Acad Dermatol 52:906-8. 2005We describe a new case of annular atrophic lichen planus. Annular atrophic lichen planus is a rare variant of lichen planus that is clinically characterized by violaceous plaques of annular morphology with central atrophy and ..
- Lichen planus and hepatitis virus infections: causal association?Katharina Rübsam
Clinic and Polyclinic for Dermatology and Allergology, Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich, Germany
J Dtsch Dermatol Ges 9:464-8. 2011The causal association between hepatitis virus infections and lichen planus (LP) remains a matter of controversy. Reliable figures for German patients are still lacking.
- Bilateral keratoconjunctivitis associated with lichen planusMichelle K Rhee
Eye and Ear Institute of Pittsburgh, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Cornea 23:100-5. 2004To describe a case of bilateral keratoconjunctivitis in a patient with lichen planus.
- Isolated lichen planus of the conjunctivaM Pakravan
Br J Ophthalmol 90:1325-6. 2006
- Lichen planus-like keratosis of the face: a simulator of melanoma in situGina Raptoulis
Skin and Cancer Associates, Plantation, Florida, USA
Dermatol Surg 33:854-6. 2007
- Recognition and management of vulvar dermatologic conditions: lichen sclerosus, lichen planus, and lichen simplex chronicusKatrina Alef Thorstensen
Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, 1 Medical Center Drive, Lebanon, NH 03756, USA
J Midwifery Womens Health 57:260-75. 2012Lichen sclerosus, lichen planus, and lichen simplex chronicus are dermatologic conditions that can affect the vulva...
- An open-label pilot study of apremilast for the treatment of moderate to severe lichen planus: a case seriesJoan Paul
Virginia Clinical Research Inc, Norfolk, Virginia 23507, USA
J Am Acad Dermatol 68:255-61. 2013Current treatments for chronic lichen planus (LP) are often ineffective and may have significant adverse side effects. An alternative safe and effective treatment for recalcitrant LP is needed.
- Potential human papillomavirus reactivation following topical corticosteroid therapy of genital lichen sclerosus and erosive lichen planusG von Krogh
Department of Dermatovenereology, Karolinska Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol 16:130-3. 2002..repeatedly with topical mild-moderate potent corticosteroids at intervals of up to 10 weeks for penile erosive lichen planus, followed by nine clinical outbreaks of typical condylomas that consistently showed the presence of low-risk ..
- Association of oral lichen planus with thyroid disease in a Finnish population: a retrospective case-control studyMaria Siponen
Department of Diagnostics and Oral Medicine, Institute of Dentistry, University of Oulu, and Oulu University Hospital, Oulu, Finland
Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 110:319-24. 2010The objective of this study was to estimate the association between the history of thyroid disease and the prevalence of oral lichen planus (OLP)/oral lichenoid lesions (OLL).
- Lichen planus in 24 children with review of the literaturePilar Luis-Montoya
Dermatology Department, General Hospital Dr Manuel Gea Gonzalez, Tlalpan, Mexico
Pediatr Dermatol 22:295-8. 2005b>Lichen planus is a disease generally considered uncommon in children...
- Exacerbation of oral erosive lichen planus by combination of interferon and ribavirin therapy for chronic hepatitis CYumiko Nagao
Research Center for Innovative Cancer Therapy, Kurume University School of Medicine, Kurume 830 0011, Japan
Int J Mol Med 15:237-41. 2005Hepatitis C virus (HCV) induces extrahepatic manifestations such as oral lichen planus (OLP) as well as chronic liver diseases...
- Childhood lichen planus: a study of 87 casesSanjeev Handa
Department of Dermatology, Venereology and Leprology, Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh 160 012, India
Int J Dermatol 41:423-7. 2002We undertook this study to analyze the clinical profile of childhood lichen planus (LP) prevailing in north India, and to highlight differences from and similarities with adult LP.
- Expression of RANTES and CCR1 in oral lichen planus and association with mast cell migrationZ Z Zhao
School of Dentistry, The University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia
J Oral Pathol Med 31:158-62. 2002T lymphocytes and mast cells infiltrate the lamina propria in oral lichen planus (OLP). Chemokines and their receptors are involved in T cell and mast cell migration and accumulation during the inflammatory process.
- Secondary syphilis presenting as a lichen planus-like rashM B Y Tang
National Skin Centre, 1 Mandalay Road, Singapore 308205, Singapore
J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol 18:185-7. 2004We describe a case of secondary syphilis in a 29-year-old man who presented with a severely pruritic lichen planus-like eruption that mimicked a lichenoid drug eruption histologically...
- High prevalence of glucose metabolism disturbance in patients with lichen planusMuammer Seyhan
Inonu University, Medical Faculty, Department of Dermatology, 44069 Malatya, Turkey
Diabetes Res Clin Pract 77:198-202. 2007To establish the prevalence of diabetes mellitus (DM) and insulin resistance in patients with lichen planus (LP), and to examine whether diabetic status showed any relation with the type of LP.
- Hepatitis C virus and lichen planus: a reciprocal association determined by a meta-analysisLiu Shengyuan
Department of Epidemiology and Statistics, School of Public Health, No 157 Xuefu Rd, Harbin 150081, China
Arch Dermatol 145:1040-7. 2009To explore the association between hepatitis C virus (HCV) and lichen planus (LP) by performing a meta-analysis of observational studies of the association...
- Reflectance confocal microscopy criteria of lichen planus-like keratosisS Bassoli
Department of Dermatology, University of Modena and Reggio Emilia, Modena, Italy
J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol 26:578-90. 2012b>Lichen planus-like keratosis (LPLK) may be difficult to differentiate from melanoma and other skin cancers on sun-damaged skin based on clinical and dermoscopic examination...
- Lichen planus in childhood: a report of 17 patientsA J Kanwar
Department of Dermatology, Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh, India
Pediatr Dermatol 8:288-91. 1991b>Lichen planus is a dermatosis of unknown origin with a very limited frequency in children. Over a period of one and a half years we observed 17 cases of childhood lichen planus...
- Lichen planus and Hepatitis C: a case-control studyS Zahra Ghodsi
Department of Dermatology, Tehran University of Medical Sciences Razi Hospital, Vahdat Islami Square, 11996 Tehran, Iran
BMC Dermatol 4:6. 2004The association of lichen planus with hepatitis C (HCV) has been widely reported in the literature. However, there are wide geographical variations in the reported prevalence of HCV infection in patients with lichen planus...
- Paraneoplastic pemphigus in association with a retroperitoneal Castleman's disease presenting with a lichen planus pemphigoides-like eruption. A case report and review of literatureC J Hsiao
Department of Dermatology, National Cheng-Kung University Hospital, 138 Sheng-Li Road, Tainan, Taiwan 704
Br J Dermatol 144:372-6. 2001A 50-year-old man presented with severe mucosal erosions of the lips, oral cavity and perianal area, a lichen planus-like eruption on the trunk and extremities and scaly plaques of the palms and soles...
- Childhood lichen planus: a report of fifty casesR Sharma
Bishen Skin Centre, Aligarh, India
Pediatr Dermatol 16:345-8. 1999b>Lichen planus is an uncommonly encountered dermatosis in children. In the present study of 50 children the limbs were the most common site of involvement (70.0%). A majority of the children (60...
- Oral lesions in patients with lichen planusSanja Persić
School of Dental Medicine, University of Zagreb, Croatia
Acta Clin Croat 47:91-6. 2008Forty patients with lichen planus admitted to University Department of Dermatology and Venereology, Sestre milosrdnice University Hospital in Zagreb during the 2004-2006 period were assigned to this retrospective study...
- Pathomechanisms of lichen planus autoimmunity elicited by cross-reactive T cellsTetsuo Shiohara
Department of Dermatology, Kyorin University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Curr Dir Autoimmun 10:206-26. 2008b>Lichen planus (LP) is an idiopathic inflammatory disease of the skin and mucous membranes, characterized by an autoimmune attack on the epidermis by skin-infiltrating T cells...
- Efficacy of sulfasalazine in the treatment of generalized lichen planus: randomized double-blinded clinical trial on 52 patientsM Omidian
Department of Dermatology, Imam Khomeini Hospital, Jondishapur University of Medical Sciences, Ahvaz, Iran
J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol 24:1051-4. 2010Oral sulfasalazine has been reported to be effective in patients with idiopathic cutaneous lichen planus (LP).
- Gene expression profiling of lichen planus reflects CXCL9+-mediated inflammation and distinguishes this disease from atopic dermatitis and psoriasisJoerg Wenzel
Department of Dermatology, University of Bonn, Bonn, Germany
J Invest Dermatol 128:67-78. 2008..On the basis of these results, a new skin pathology-oriented PIQOR microarray was designed. Lichen planus (LP) was chosen as a model disease to evaluate this system...
- Involvement of granzyme B and granulysin in the cytotoxic response in lichen planusM Ammar
Laboratoire d Immunologie, de Génétique et de Pathologie Humaine, Faculte des Sciences, Tunis, Tunisie
J Cutan Pathol 35:630-4. 2008b>Lichen planus is an inflammatory dermatosis involving either skin and/or mucosal epithelial surfaces. A cell-mediated cytotoxicity response is the main suspected mechanism of this dermatosis...
- The association of lichen sclerosus and erosive lichen planus of the vulva with autoimmune disease: a case-control studySusan M Cooper
Department of Dermatology, Churchill Hospital, Oxford, England
Arch Dermatol 144:1432-5. 2008To investigate the prevalence of autoimmune disease and circulating autoantibodies in women with lichen sclerosus (LS) and erosive lichen planus (LP) of the vulva and to compare these with a control population.
- Lichen planus in children: a possible complication of hepatitis B vaccinesCatherine Limas
Department of Dermatopathology, Andreas Sygros Hospital, Athens, Greece
Pediatr Dermatol 19:204-9. 2002b>Lichen planus (LP) has been reported as a complication of hepatitis B vaccination in both adults and children. According to published observations, an autoimmune reaction may be triggered by the viral S epitope...
- Lichen planus and hepatitis C virus infectionR Gimenez-Garcia
Dermatology Section, Internal Medicine Service, Hospital del Rio Hortega, Valladolid, Spain
J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol 17:291-5. 2003The association of lichen planus (LP) with liver diseases is well established. The reported prevalence rates of hepatitis C virus (HCV) antibodies in patients with LP tend to appear quite variable.
- Bicanalicular obstruction in lichen planus: a characteristic pattern of diseaseOmar M Durrani
Moorfields Eye Hospital, London, United Kingdom
Ophthalmology 115:386-9. 2008b>Lichen planus, an idiopathic mucocutaneous inflammatory disease, has only once been reported to cause lacrimal drainage obstruction...
- Oro-genital lichen planus: report of two casesEliana M Minicucci
Department of Dermatology and Radiotherapy, Botucatu Medical School, Sao Paulo State University, UNESP, SP, Brazil
Maturitas 59:201-5. 2008b>Lichen planus is a common mucocutaneous disease. However, lichen planus with concomitant oral and genital involvement is a rare condition that requires multidisciplinary intervention for appropriate diagnosis...
- Vaginal involvement in genital erosive lichen planusAnne Lise Ording Helgesen
The National Resource Centre for Women s Health, Oslo University Hospital, Norway
Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 89:966-70. 2010..Fifty-eight women referred to the clinic in 2003-2009 were diagnosed with genital erosive lichen planus. All patients filled out a questionnaire...
- Adalimumab in the management of cutaneous and oral lichen planusTomas J Chao
Gardner Dermatology, 2550 Windy Hill Rd, Ste 220, Marietta, GA 30067, USA
Cutis 84:325-8. 2009b>Lichen planus (LP) is a common, chronic, inflammatory dermatosis that may involve the skin as well as oral and genital mucosa...
- Oro-vaginal-vulvar lichen planus: report of two new casesMassimo Petruzzi
Department of Odontostomatology and Surgery, University of Bari, Via Zara 1, 74100 Taranto, Italy
Maturitas 50:140-50. 2005Atrophic-erosive lichen planus with oral and genital involvement is a rare condition and is often difficult to diagnose...
- The vulvovaginal gingival syndrome: a severe subgroup of lichen planus with characteristic clinical features and a novel association with the class II HLA DQB1*0201 alleleJane F Setterfield
St John s Institute of Dermatology, St Thomas Hospital, London SE1 7EH, UK
J Am Acad Dermatol 55:98-113. 2006The vulvovaginal gingival syndrome is an uncommon and severe variant of lichen planus characterized by erosions or desquamation of vulval, vaginal, and gingival mucosae with a predilection for scarring and stricture formation.
- Influence of treatment of erosive lichen planus of the vulva on its prognosisSusan M Cooper
Department of Dermatology, Churchill Hospital, Old Road, Headington, Oxford OX3 7LJ, England
Arch Dermatol 142:289-94. 2006To record the clinical features, symptomatic response to treatment, and resolution of clinical signs in a large cohort of women with erosive lichen planus of the vulva.
- Expression of matrix metalloproteinases (MMP-2, MMP-3, and MMP-9) and fibronectin in lichen planusKamer Gunduz
Department of Dermatology, Celal Bayar University
J Cutan Pathol 33:545-50. 2006Keratinocyte damage and lichenoid-interface reaction are the two major pathologic findings in lichen planus (LP)...
- Lichen planus and the vulvovaginal-gingival syndromeM A Ramer
Department of Pathology, The Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY 10029, USA
J Periodontol 74:1385-93. 2003b>Lichen planus is a dermatologic disease that affects both skin and mucosa. Here we report five cases of lichen planus that presented as the oral component of the vulvovaginal-gingival syndrome...
- Dermoscopic features of plaque psoriasis and lichen planus: new observationsFrancisco Vázquez-López
Department of Dermatology, Central University Hospital, University of Oviedo, Oviedo, Spain
Dermatology 207:151-6. 2003..Dermoscopic features of common inflammatory dermatoses are not well studied and previous reports on this topic are limited to the search of vascular features (capillaroscopy)...
- NF-kappaB expression in oral and cutaneous lichen planusAmerigo Santoro
Department of Odontostomatology, University of Brescia, Spedali Civili Brescia, Brescia, Italy
J Pathol 201:466-72. 2003b>Lichen planus (LP) is a chronic inflammatory disorder involving cutaneous and mucosal surfaces, characterized by a T-cell-mediated immune response against epithelial cells, with persistent accumulation of T lymphocytes and epithelial ..
- Analysis of hepatitis C virus (HCV) RNA in the lesions of lichen planus in patients with chronic hepatitis C: detection of anti-genomic- as well as genomic-strand HCV RNAs in lichen planus lesionsMotoki Kurokawa
Department of Dermatology, Miyazaki Medical College, 5200 Kihara, Kiyotake, Miyazaki 889 1692, Japan
J Dermatol Sci 32:65-70. 2003Hepatitis C virus (HCV) is a single-strand RNA virus. The association of lichen planus with chronic HCV infection has been reported, as has been cryoglobulinemic purpura, psoriasis, urticaria, and porphyria cutanea tarda...
- Cutaneous lichen planus and squamous cell carcinomaG K Patel
J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol 17:98-100. 2003
- Heat shock proteins 60 and 70 expression of cutaneous lichen planus: comparison with normal skin and psoriasis vulgarisDilek Bayramgurler
Department of Dermatology, Kocaeli University, School of Medicine, Izmit, Turkey
J Cutan Pathol 31:586-94. 2004..b>Lichen planus (LP) is a relatively common papulosquamous dermatosis, and cell-mediated immunity plays an important role in ..
- Treatment of severe lichen planus with mycophenolate mofetilUta Frieling
Department of Dermatology, University of Munster, Von Esmarch Strasse 58, D 48149 Munster, Germany
J Am Acad Dermatol 49:1063-6. 2003b>Lichen planus (LP) is an inflammatory skin disorder with a wide range of clinical appearances. The treatment of disseminated and especially erosive forms of LP is often difficult and disappointing...
- Narrowband UVB therapy in the treatment of lichen planusHayriye Saricaoglu
Department of Dermatology, Medical Faculty, University of Uludag, Gorukle, Bursa, Turkey
Photodermatol Photoimmunol Photomed 19:265-7. 2003..Narrowband UVB (NBUVB) radiation causes less erythema and carcinogenicity with lower cumulative doses than PUVA, while the treatment response remains high. Lichen planus (LP) is a cell-mediated immune response of unknown origin.
- Evaluation of angiogenesis in normal and lichen planus skin by CD34 protein immunohistochemistry: preliminary findingsMahmoud R Hussein
Departments of Pathology, Assuit University Hospitals and Faculty of Medicine, Assuit University, Assuit, Egypt
Cell Biol Int 31:1292-5. 2007..chronic inflammatory disorders, but whether angiogenesis also occurs in inflammatory skin diseases (such as lichen planus) has yet to be established...
- Two case reports of cutaneous adverse reactions following hepatitis B vaccine: lichen planus and granuloma annulareP R Criado
Dermatology Unit, Allergy Unit, Estadual de Sao Paulo, Brazil
J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol 18:603-6. 2004..occurred 3 weeks after the first dose of hepatitis B vaccine in a 16-year-old white girl with the onset of lichen planus lesions on her thighs and abdomen. After the second dose a disseminated lichen planus developed within 2 weeks...
- Lupus erythematosus/lichen planus overlap syndrome with scarring alopeciaH S Inaloz
Department of Dermatology, University of Wales College of Medicine, Cardiff, South Wales, UK
J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol 15:171-4. 2001Lupus erythematosus (LE) and lichen planus (LP) may occur as an overlap syndrome (LE/LP)...
- Lichen planus in hepatitis C virus infection: an early marker that may save livesMojca Maticic
Clinic of Infectious Diseases and Febrile Illnesses, Ljubljana, University Medical Center, Japljeva 2, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia
Acta Dermatovenerol Alp Pannonica Adriat 16:3-6. 2007..some cutaneous ones such as mixed cryoglobulinemia, porphyria cutanea tarda, leukocytoclastic vasculitis, lichen planus (LP), sicca syndrome, and others...
- Lupus erythematosus and lichen planus overlap syndromeHanna Kim
Boston University Department of Dermatology, 609 Albany Street, Boston MA 02118, USA
J Drugs Dermatol 3:311-2. 2004A case of lupus erythematosus (LE) and lichen planus (LP) overlap syndrome in a 71-year-old woman is presented. This disease displays characteristics of both LE and LP...
- Congenital becker nevus with lichen planusSuruchi Puri
Department of Dermatology and S T D and Pathology, Maulana Azad Medical College and Lok Nayak Hospital, New Delhi, India
Pediatr Dermatol 22:328-30. 2005We report an interesting and rare association of congenital Becker nevus with lichen planus occurring in an 11-year-old boy. Both conditions were confirmed histopathologically.
- A case of lichen planus-lupus erythematosus overlap syndrome with eyelid involvementU Tursen
Department of Dermatology, Faculty of Medicine, Mersin University, Turkey
Eur J Ophthalmol 12:244-6. 2002To report a case of lichen planus-lupus erythematosus overlap syndrome with eyelid involvement. Lichen planus and lupus erythematosus infrequently coexist in the same patients. Ocular involvement has rarely been reported for both diseases.
- Short Wavelength UV Sources for Treatment of PsoriasisJOSEPH SMART; Fiscal Year: 2006..for psoriasis and possibly other skin diseases including acne vularis, atopic dermatitis, vitiligo, pruritus, lichen planus, pityriasis rosea and early cutaneous T-cell lymphoma...
- Inhibitors of Toll-like receptors 7 & 9 for treatment of skin inflammationFRANCK BARRAT; Fiscal Year: 2010..dendritic cells in cutaneous lupus and in a series of related cutaneous autoimmune diseases, including lichen planus dermatomyositis, lichen sclerosus and cutaneous GVHD...
- Salivary Biomarkers for Oral Cancer in Lichen Planus PatientsYi Shing Lisa Cheng; Fiscal Year: 2010DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Lichen Planus (LP) is a chronic, inflammatory--and, so far, incurable--disease of unknown etiology, affecting skin and mucosa of approximately 2% of the population...
- STRUCTURE AND REGULATION OF THE CD1 MULTIGENE FAMILYPAUL BLEICHER; Fiscal Year: 1992..to the pathogenesis of a large number of inflammatory and malignant diseases such as lupus erythematosus, lichen planus, cutaneous T cell lymphoma, and Histiocytosis X...
- Trials to Enhance Elders' Teeth/Oral Health (TEETH)Asuman Kiyak; Fiscal Year: 2004..Mortality rates in both groups are similar, and the most common oral lesion - lichen planus - has a similar prevalence in both groups...
- T-CELL MECHANISMS OF PATHOLOGY IN DTH & DRUG ERUPTIONSRichard Kalish; Fiscal Year: 1992..It is hoped that these studies will lay the groundwork for future study of T-lymphocyte mediated conditions in which the inciting antigen is not known, such as sarcoidosis, lichen planus, and scleroderma.
- CHARACTERIZATION AND CULTURE OF HUMAN LANGERHANS CELLSVera Morhenn; Fiscal Year: 1991..Moreover, although their numbers are altered in a variety of skin diseases, e.g. lichen planus, mycosis fungoides, AID, their role (if any) in these disorders is totally obscure...
- World Workshop in Oral Medicine IVPeter Lockhart; Fiscal Year: 2005..concerning: Group 1: oral infections, (fungal and viral); Group 2: orai mucosal lesions (dysplasia and lichen planus); Group 3: oral, facial pain (neuropathic pain and burning mouth syndrome); Group 4: medically complex ..
- MECHANISMS OF CUTANEOUS INJURY IN LUPUS ERYTHEMATOSUSRichard Sontheimer; Fiscal Year: 1991..These studies might also yield insight into the pathogenesis of other related inflammatory skin diseases such as lichen planus, dermatomyositis and lichenoid drug eruptions.
- Vulvar Disease and Bladder and Bowel SymptomsColleen Kennedy; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- MECHANISMS OF CUTANEOUS INJURY IN LUPUS ERYTHEMATOSUSRichard Sontheimer; Fiscal Year: 2001....
- Surveillance for Hepatocellular Carcinoma among HCV-infected VeteransHashem El Serag; Fiscal Year: 2009..Evaluating the extent and patterns of HCC surveillance is crucial in understanding diffusion (and obstacles) of this practice and in designing interventions to improve the implementation of HCC surveillance. ..
- Candida-endothelial interactions under conditions of flowMartin Thornhill; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Role of Cystatins in Oral Cancer MetastasisNadarajah Vigneswaran; Fiscal Year: 2007..Insights gained from these studies will be used to design therapeutic strategies for restoring immune competence of OSCC patients to prevent and eradicate OSCC metastasis. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Tonsil Model of Oral HIV-1 Infection via BreastfeedingDiane Shugars; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- Gene Expression in Barrett's EsophagusHashem El Serag; Fiscal Year: 2006..We present preliminary data on microarray and RT-PCRanalyses on 5 patients with BE that suggest an overactive Wnt pathway: we have also assembled the essential components of a successful study using microarrays. ..
- CD80 binding peptides as therapeutic agents in arthritisMythily Srinivasan; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Oramelts with DGL: Treatment of Minor RAUMichael Martin; Fiscal Year: 2004..If these claims are verified in clinical trials, Orahealth Corporation will take the product to market, providing health benefits to the 20% of people who suffer from minor recurrent aphthous ulcers. ..
- Visual outcomes & quality of life in CMV retinitisJennifer Thorne; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..