Genomes and Genes
Summary: An inflammatory, pruritic disease of the skin and mucous membranes, which can be either generalized or localized. It is characterized by distinctive purplish, flat-topped papules having a predilection for the trunk and flexor surfaces. The lesions may be discrete or coalesce to form plaques. Histologically, there is a "saw-tooth" pattern of epidermal hyperplasia and vacuolar alteration of the basal layer of the epidermis along with an intense upper dermal inflammatory infiltrate composed predominantly of T-cells. Etiology is unknown.
Publications237 found, 100 shown here
- Mucosal vulval lichen planus: outcome, clinical and laboratory featuresG Kirtschig
Department of Dermatology, University Hospital Vrije Universiteit, De Boelelaan 1117, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol 19:301-7. 2005Mucosal lichen planus of the vulva is a rare but increasingly recognized condition. It has potentially severe complications such as fusion of the labia and vagina; the risk of developing squamous cell carcinoma (SCC) may be increased...
- Prevalence of vulval lichen planus in a cohort of women with oral lichen planus: an interdisciplinary studyP Belfiore
Mother and Child Department, Gynaecology and Obstetrics Institute, Palermo, Italy
Br J Dermatol 155:994-8. 2006b>Lichen planus (LP) is a mucocutaneous inflammatory dermatosis that frequently involves the oral and genital mucosae...
- Plaque psoriasis vs. atopic dermatitis and lichen planus: a comparison for lesional T-cell subsets, epidermal proliferation and differentiationH J Bovenschen
Department of Dermatology, University Medical Center St Radboud, Nijmegen, René Descartes dreef 1, PO Box 9101, 6500 HB, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Br J Dermatol 153:72-8. 2005..Interestingly, comparative analyses of the disease-specific composition of the lesional T-cell infiltrate in plaque psoriasis and other inflammatory dermatoses have only sparsely been performed...
- Lichen planus patients and stressful eventsL Manolache
Cetatea Histria Polyclinic, Bucharest, Romania
J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol 22:437-41. 2008To evaluate the possible role of stress before the onset/extension of lichen planus.
- Lichen planus pemphigoides: a case report and review of the literatureMandy S Harting
Department of Dermatology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas, USA
Dermatol Online J 12:10. 2006
- Laugier-Hunziker syndrome associated with actinic lichen planusS Aytekin
J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol 18:221-3. 2004
- Erosive oral lichen planus with genital lesions: the vulvovaginal-gingival syndrome and the peno-gingival syndromeRoy S Rogers
Department of Dermatology, Mayo Clinic, 200 First Street SW Rochester, MN 55905 0001, USA
Dermatol Clin 21:91-8, vi-vii. 2003b>Lichen planus is an inflammatory mucocutaneous disorder that may involve mucosal surfaces, such as the oral, genital, and other mucosae, and the skin including the scalp and the nails...
- Lichen planus-like keratosis of the face: a simulator of melanoma in situGina Raptoulis
Skin and Cancer Associates, Plantation, Florida, USA
Dermatol Surg 33:854-6. 2007
- Recognition and management of vulvar dermatologic conditions: lichen sclerosus, lichen planus, and lichen simplex chronicusKatrina Alef Thorstensen
Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, 1 Medical Center Drive, Lebanon, NH 03756, USA
J Midwifery Womens Health 57:260-75. 2012Lichen sclerosus, lichen planus, and lichen simplex chronicus are dermatologic conditions that can affect the vulva...
- Exacerbation of oral erosive lichen planus by combination of interferon and ribavirin therapy for chronic hepatitis CYumiko Nagao
Research Center for Innovative Cancer Therapy, Kurume University School of Medicine, Kurume 830 0011, Japan
Int J Mol Med 15:237-41. 2005Hepatitis C virus (HCV) induces extrahepatic manifestations such as oral lichen planus (OLP) as well as chronic liver diseases...
- Lichen planus and dyslipidaemia: a case-control studyJ Dreiher
Hospitals Division, Clalit Health Services, Tel Aviv, Israel
Br J Dermatol 161:626-9. 2009..Previous reports have demonstrated an association between psoriasis and dyslipidaemia...
- Potential human papillomavirus reactivation following topical corticosteroid therapy of genital lichen sclerosus and erosive lichen planusG von Krogh
Department of Dermatovenereology, Karolinska Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol 16:130-3. 2002..repeatedly with topical mild-moderate potent corticosteroids at intervals of up to 10 weeks for penile erosive lichen planus, followed by nine clinical outbreaks of typical condylomas that consistently showed the presence of low-risk ..
- Association of oral lichen planus with thyroid disease in a Finnish population: a retrospective case-control studyMaria Siponen
Department of Diagnostics and Oral Medicine, Institute of Dentistry, University of Oulu, and Oulu University Hospital, Oulu, Finland
Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 110:319-24. 2010The objective of this study was to estimate the association between the history of thyroid disease and the prevalence of oral lichen planus (OLP)/oral lichenoid lesions (OLL).
- An open-label pilot study of apremilast for the treatment of moderate to severe lichen planus: a case seriesJoan Paul
Virginia Clinical Research Inc, Norfolk, Virginia 23507, USA
J Am Acad Dermatol 68:255-61. 2013Current treatments for chronic lichen planus (LP) are often ineffective and may have significant adverse side effects. An alternative safe and effective treatment for recalcitrant LP is needed.
- Lichen planus in 24 children with review of the literaturePilar Luis-Montoya
Dermatology Department, General Hospital Dr Manuel Gea Gonzalez, Tlalpan, Mexico
Pediatr Dermatol 22:295-8. 2005b>Lichen planus is a disease generally considered uncommon in children...
- Status of free-radical oxidation and proliferation processes in patients with atopic dermatitis and lichen planusS G Sapuntsova
Department of Dermatology, Central Research Laboratory, Far Eastern State Medical University, Ministry of Health Care and Social Development of the Russian Federation, Khabarovsk, Russia
Bull Exp Biol Med 150:690-2. 2011..free radicals (by chemiluminescence method) in skin biopsy specimens from patients with atopic dermatitis and lichen planus. The index of Ki-67-positive nuclei significantly (p<0.05) increased to 28.40±2...
- Childhood lichen planus: a study of 87 casesSanjeev Handa
Department of Dermatology, Venereology and Leprology, Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh 160 012, India
Int J Dermatol 41:423-7. 2002We undertook this study to analyze the clinical profile of childhood lichen planus (LP) prevailing in north India, and to highlight differences from and similarities with adult LP.
- Expression of RANTES and CCR1 in oral lichen planus and association with mast cell migrationZ Z Zhao
School of Dentistry, The University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia
J Oral Pathol Med 31:158-62. 2002T lymphocytes and mast cells infiltrate the lamina propria in oral lichen planus (OLP). Chemokines and their receptors are involved in T cell and mast cell migration and accumulation during the inflammatory process.
- Cardiovascular risk factors in patients with lichen planusSalvador Arias-Santiago
Department of Dermatology, San Cecilio University Hospital, Granada, Spain
Am J Med 124:543-8. 2011..Recently a case-control study found that lichen planus was associated with dyslipidemia in a large series of patients...
- Lipid levels in patients with lichen planus: a case-control studyS Arias-Santiago
Dermatology Department, San Cecilio University Hospital, School of Medicine, Granada University, Granada, Spain
J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol 25:1398-401. 2011..Recently, a case-control study found that lichen planus (LP) was associated with dyslipidaemia in a large series of patients...
- Development of lichen planus and psoriasis on lesions of vitiligo vulgarisH Ujiie
Department of Dermatology, Hokkaido University Graduate School of Medicine, Sapporo, Japan
Clin Exp Dermatol 31:375-7. 2006This paper reports a unique case of coexistence of vitiligo vulgaris, lichen planus and psoriasis vulgaris in a 53-year-old man. Five years after the onset of vitiligo, lichen planus developed on his lower lip...
- Psychological health in patients with genital and oral erosive lichen planusE N Lundqvist
Department of Dermatology and Venereology, University Hospital, Umea, Sweden
J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol 20:661-6. 2006Erosive lichen planus is a severe, recurrent and recalcitrant disease that affects several mucosal areas, mostly the genital area and the mouth, but also, for example, the oesophagus and perianal area...
- Secondary syphilis presenting as a lichen planus-like rashM B Y Tang
National Skin Centre, 1 Mandalay Road, Singapore 308205, Singapore
J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol 18:185-7. 2004We describe a case of secondary syphilis in a 29-year-old man who presented with a severely pruritic lichen planus-like eruption that mimicked a lichenoid drug eruption histologically...
- Detection of human papillomavirus in oral squamous cell carcinoma, leukoplakia and lichen planus in Thai patientsSiribang on P Khovidhunkit
Department of Hospital Dentistry, Faculty of Dentistry, Mahidol University, Bangkok, Thailand
Asian Pac J Cancer Prev 9:771-5. 2008..was to investigate the presence of HPV in Thai patients with oral squamous cell carcinoma, leukoplakia and lichen planus using the polymerase chain reaction (PCR)...
- High prevalence of glucose metabolism disturbance in patients with lichen planusMuammer Seyhan
Inonu University, Medical Faculty, Department of Dermatology, 44069 Malatya, Turkey
Diabetes Res Clin Pract 77:198-202. 2007To establish the prevalence of diabetes mellitus (DM) and insulin resistance in patients with lichen planus (LP), and to examine whether diabetic status showed any relation with the type of LP.
- Reflectance confocal microscopy criteria of lichen planus-like keratosisS Bassoli
Department of Dermatology, University of Modena and Reggio Emilia, Modena, Italy
J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol 26:578-90. 2012b>Lichen planus-like keratosis (LPLK) may be difficult to differentiate from melanoma and other skin cancers on sun-damaged skin based on clinical and dermoscopic examination...
- Lichen planus in childhood: a report of 17 patientsA J Kanwar
Department of Dermatology, Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh, India
Pediatr Dermatol 8:288-91. 1991b>Lichen planus is a dermatosis of unknown origin with a very limited frequency in children. Over a period of one and a half years we observed 17 cases of childhood lichen planus...
- Hepatitis C virus and lichen planus: a reciprocal association determined by a meta-analysisLiu Shengyuan
Department of Epidemiology and Statistics, School of Public Health, No 157 Xuefu Rd, Harbin 150081, China
Arch Dermatol 145:1040-7. 2009To explore the association between hepatitis C virus (HCV) and lichen planus (LP) by performing a meta-analysis of observational studies of the association...
- Lichen planus and Hepatitis C: a case-control studyS Zahra Ghodsi
Department of Dermatology, Tehran University of Medical Sciences Razi Hospital, Vahdat Islami Square, 11996 Tehran, Iran
BMC Dermatol 4:6. 2004The association of lichen planus with hepatitis C (HCV) has been widely reported in the literature. However, there are wide geographical variations in the reported prevalence of HCV infection in patients with lichen planus...
- Oral lesions in patients with lichen planusSanja Persić
School of Dental Medicine, University of Zagreb, Croatia
Acta Clin Croat 47:91-6. 2008Forty patients with lichen planus admitted to University Department of Dermatology and Venereology, Sestre milosrdnice University Hospital in Zagreb during the 2004-2006 period were assigned to this retrospective study...
- Gene expression profiling of lichen planus reflects CXCL9+-mediated inflammation and distinguishes this disease from atopic dermatitis and psoriasisJoerg Wenzel
Department of Dermatology, University of Bonn, Bonn, Germany
J Invest Dermatol 128:67-78. 2008..On the basis of these results, a new skin pathology-oriented PIQOR microarray was designed. Lichen planus (LP) was chosen as a model disease to evaluate this system...
- Efficacy of sulfasalazine in the treatment of generalized lichen planus: randomized double-blinded clinical trial on 52 patientsM Omidian
Department of Dermatology, Imam Khomeini Hospital, Jondishapur University of Medical Sciences, Ahvaz, Iran
J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol 24:1051-4. 2010Oral sulfasalazine has been reported to be effective in patients with idiopathic cutaneous lichen planus (LP).
- Paraneoplastic pemphigus in association with a retroperitoneal Castleman's disease presenting with a lichen planus pemphigoides-like eruption. A case report and review of literatureC J Hsiao
Department of Dermatology, National Cheng-Kung University Hospital, 138 Sheng-Li Road, Tainan, Taiwan 704
Br J Dermatol 144:372-6. 2001A 50-year-old man presented with severe mucosal erosions of the lips, oral cavity and perianal area, a lichen planus-like eruption on the trunk and extremities and scaly plaques of the palms and soles...
- Childhood lichen planus: a report of fifty casesR Sharma
Bishen Skin Centre, Aligarh, India
Pediatr Dermatol 16:345-8. 1999b>Lichen planus is an uncommonly encountered dermatosis in children. In the present study of 50 children the limbs were the most common site of involvement (70.0%). A majority of the children (60...
- Involvement of granzyme B and granulysin in the cytotoxic response in lichen planusM Ammar
Laboratoire d Immunologie, de Génétique et de Pathologie Humaine, Faculte des Sciences, Tunis, Tunisie
J Cutan Pathol 35:630-4. 2008b>Lichen planus is an inflammatory dermatosis involving either skin and/or mucosal epithelial surfaces. A cell-mediated cytotoxicity response is the main suspected mechanism of this dermatosis...
- Pathomechanisms of lichen planus autoimmunity elicited by cross-reactive T cellsTetsuo Shiohara
Department of Dermatology, Kyorin University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Curr Dir Autoimmun 10:206-26. 2008b>Lichen planus (LP) is an idiopathic inflammatory disease of the skin and mucous membranes, characterized by an autoimmune attack on the epidermis by skin-infiltrating T cells...
- Lichen planus in children: a possible complication of hepatitis B vaccinesCatherine Limas
Department of Dermatopathology, Andreas Sygros Hospital, Athens, Greece
Pediatr Dermatol 19:204-9. 2002b>Lichen planus (LP) has been reported as a complication of hepatitis B vaccination in both adults and children. According to published observations, an autoimmune reaction may be triggered by the viral S epitope...
- The association of lichen sclerosus and erosive lichen planus of the vulva with autoimmune disease: a case-control studySusan M Cooper
Department of Dermatology, Churchill Hospital, Oxford, England
Arch Dermatol 144:1432-5. 2008To investigate the prevalence of autoimmune disease and circulating autoantibodies in women with lichen sclerosus (LS) and erosive lichen planus (LP) of the vulva and to compare these with a control population.
- Lichen planus and the vulvovaginal-gingival syndromeM A Ramer
Department of Pathology, The Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY 10029, USA
J Periodontol 74:1385-93. 2003b>Lichen planus is a dermatologic disease that affects both skin and mucosa. Here we report five cases of lichen planus that presented as the oral component of the vulvovaginal-gingival syndrome...
- NF-kappaB expression in oral and cutaneous lichen planusAmerigo Santoro
Department of Odontostomatology, University of Brescia, Spedali Civili Brescia, Brescia, Italy
J Pathol 201:466-72. 2003b>Lichen planus (LP) is a chronic inflammatory disorder involving cutaneous and mucosal surfaces, characterized by a T-cell-mediated immune response against epithelial cells, with persistent accumulation of T lymphocytes and epithelial ..
- Oro-vaginal-vulvar lichen planus: report of two new casesMassimo Petruzzi
Department of Odontostomatology and Surgery, University of Bari, Via Zara 1, 74100 Taranto, Italy
Maturitas 50:140-50. 2005Atrophic-erosive lichen planus with oral and genital involvement is a rare condition and is often difficult to diagnose...
- Lichen planus and hepatitis C virus infectionR Gimenez-Garcia
Dermatology Section, Internal Medicine Service, Hospital del Rio Hortega, Valladolid, Spain
J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol 17:291-5. 2003The association of lichen planus (LP) with liver diseases is well established. The reported prevalence rates of hepatitis C virus (HCV) antibodies in patients with LP tend to appear quite variable.
- Vaginal involvement in genital erosive lichen planusAnne Lise Ording Helgesen
The National Resource Centre for Women s Health, Oslo University Hospital, Norway
Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 89:966-70. 2010..Fifty-eight women referred to the clinic in 2003-2009 were diagnosed with genital erosive lichen planus. All patients filled out a questionnaire...
- Expression of matrix metalloproteinases (MMP-2, MMP-3, and MMP-9) and fibronectin in lichen planusKamer Gunduz
Department of Dermatology, Celal Bayar University
J Cutan Pathol 33:545-50. 2006Keratinocyte damage and lichenoid-interface reaction are the two major pathologic findings in lichen planus (LP)...
- The vulvovaginal gingival syndrome: a severe subgroup of lichen planus with characteristic clinical features and a novel association with the class II HLA DQB1*0201 alleleJane F Setterfield
St John s Institute of Dermatology, St Thomas Hospital, London SE1 7EH, UK
J Am Acad Dermatol 55:98-113. 2006The vulvovaginal gingival syndrome is an uncommon and severe variant of lichen planus characterized by erosions or desquamation of vulval, vaginal, and gingival mucosae with a predilection for scarring and stricture formation.
- Influence of treatment of erosive lichen planus of the vulva on its prognosisSusan M Cooper
Department of Dermatology, Churchill Hospital, Old Road, Headington, Oxford OX3 7LJ, England
Arch Dermatol 142:289-94. 2006To record the clinical features, symptomatic response to treatment, and resolution of clinical signs in a large cohort of women with erosive lichen planus of the vulva.
- Dermoscopic features of plaque psoriasis and lichen planus: new observationsFrancisco Vázquez-López
Department of Dermatology, Central University Hospital, University of Oviedo, Oviedo, Spain
Dermatology 207:151-6. 2003..Dermoscopic features of common inflammatory dermatoses are not well studied and previous reports on this topic are limited to the search of vascular features (capillaroscopy)...
- Oro-genital lichen planus: report of two casesEliana M Minicucci
Department of Dermatology and Radiotherapy, Botucatu Medical School, Sao Paulo State University, UNESP, SP, Brazil
Maturitas 59:201-5. 2008b>Lichen planus is a common mucocutaneous disease. However, lichen planus with concomitant oral and genital involvement is a rare condition that requires multidisciplinary intervention for appropriate diagnosis...
- Bicanalicular obstruction in lichen planus: a characteristic pattern of diseaseOmar M Durrani
Moorfields Eye Hospital, London, United Kingdom
Ophthalmology 115:386-9. 2008b>Lichen planus, an idiopathic mucocutaneous inflammatory disease, has only once been reported to cause lacrimal drainage obstruction...
- Adalimumab in the management of cutaneous and oral lichen planusTomas J Chao
Gardner Dermatology, 2550 Windy Hill Rd, Ste 220, Marietta, GA 30067, USA
Cutis 84:325-8. 2009b>Lichen planus (LP) is a common, chronic, inflammatory dermatosis that may involve the skin as well as oral and genital mucosa...
- Cutaneous lichen planus and squamous cell carcinomaG K Patel
J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol 17:98-100. 2003
- Analysis of hepatitis C virus (HCV) RNA in the lesions of lichen planus in patients with chronic hepatitis C: detection of anti-genomic- as well as genomic-strand HCV RNAs in lichen planus lesionsMotoki Kurokawa
Department of Dermatology, Miyazaki Medical College, 5200 Kihara, Kiyotake, Miyazaki 889 1692, Japan
J Dermatol Sci 32:65-70. 2003Hepatitis C virus (HCV) is a single-strand RNA virus. The association of lichen planus with chronic HCV infection has been reported, as has been cryoglobulinemic purpura, psoriasis, urticaria, and porphyria cutanea tarda...
- Lipid peroxidation and antioxidant status in lichen planusE Sezer
Department of Dermatology, Gaziosmanpasa University School of Medicine, Tokat, Turkey
Clin Exp Dermatol 32:430-4. 2007b>Lichen planus (LP) is an inflammatory skin disease of unknown aetiology. Recently, increased oxidative stress has been implicated in the pathogenesis of various skin diseases such as atopic dermatitis, psoriasis vulgaris and vitiligo.
- Heat shock proteins 60 and 70 expression of cutaneous lichen planus: comparison with normal skin and psoriasis vulgarisDilek Bayramgurler
Department of Dermatology, Kocaeli University, School of Medicine, Izmit, Turkey
J Cutan Pathol 31:586-94. 2004..b>Lichen planus (LP) is a relatively common papulosquamous dermatosis, and cell-mediated immunity plays an important role in ..
- Treatment of severe lichen planus with mycophenolate mofetilUta Frieling
Department of Dermatology, University of Munster, Von Esmarch Strasse 58, D 48149 Munster, Germany
J Am Acad Dermatol 49:1063-6. 2003b>Lichen planus (LP) is an inflammatory skin disorder with a wide range of clinical appearances. The treatment of disseminated and especially erosive forms of LP is often difficult and disappointing...
- Narrowband UVB therapy in the treatment of lichen planusHayriye Saricaoglu
Department of Dermatology, Medical Faculty, University of Uludag, Gorukle, Bursa, Turkey
Photodermatol Photoimmunol Photomed 19:265-7. 2003..Narrowband UVB (NBUVB) radiation causes less erythema and carcinogenicity with lower cumulative doses than PUVA, while the treatment response remains high. Lichen planus (LP) is a cell-mediated immune response of unknown origin.
- Evaluation of angiogenesis in normal and lichen planus skin by CD34 protein immunohistochemistry: preliminary findingsMahmoud R Hussein
Departments of Pathology, Assuit University Hospitals and Faculty of Medicine, Assuit University, Assuit, Egypt
Cell Biol Int 31:1292-5. 2007..chronic inflammatory disorders, but whether angiogenesis also occurs in inflammatory skin diseases (such as lichen planus) has yet to be established...
- Two case reports of cutaneous adverse reactions following hepatitis B vaccine: lichen planus and granuloma annulareP R Criado
Dermatology Unit, Allergy Unit, Estadual de Sao Paulo, Brazil
J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol 18:603-6. 2004..occurred 3 weeks after the first dose of hepatitis B vaccine in a 16-year-old white girl with the onset of lichen planus lesions on her thighs and abdomen. After the second dose a disseminated lichen planus developed within 2 weeks...
- Congenital becker nevus with lichen planusSuruchi Puri
Department of Dermatology and S T D and Pathology, Maulana Azad Medical College and Lok Nayak Hospital, New Delhi, India
Pediatr Dermatol 22:328-30. 2005We report an interesting and rare association of congenital Becker nevus with lichen planus occurring in an 11-year-old boy. Both conditions were confirmed histopathologically.
- Lupus erythematosus and lichen planus overlap syndromeHanna Kim
Boston University Department of Dermatology, 609 Albany Street, Boston MA 02118, USA
J Drugs Dermatol 3:311-2. 2004A case of lupus erythematosus (LE) and lichen planus (LP) overlap syndrome in a 71-year-old woman is presented. This disease displays characteristics of both LE and LP...
- Lichen planus in hepatitis C virus infection: an early marker that may save livesMojca Maticic
Clinic of Infectious Diseases and Febrile Illnesses, Ljubljana, University Medical Center, Japljeva 2, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia
Acta Dermatovenerol Alp Panonica Adriat 16:3-6. 2007..some cutaneous ones such as mixed cryoglobulinemia, porphyria cutanea tarda, leukocytoclastic vasculitis, lichen planus (LP), sicca syndrome, and others...
- An interesting case of colocalization of segmental lichen planus and vitiligo in a 14-year-old boyKabir Sardana
Department of Dermatology and Sexually Transmitted Diseases, Lady Hardinge Medical College and Associated S S K and K S C Hospitals, New Delhi, India
Int J Dermatol 41:508-9. 2002
- A case of lichen planus-lupus erythematosus overlap syndrome with eyelid involvementU Tursen
Department of Dermatology, Faculty of Medicine, Mersin University, Turkey
Eur J Ophthalmol 12:244-6. 2002To report a case of lichen planus-lupus erythematosus overlap syndrome with eyelid involvement. Lichen planus and lupus erythematosus infrequently coexist in the same patients. Ocular involvement has rarely been reported for both diseases.
- Hepatitis C virus infection and lichen planus: a systematic review with meta-analysisG Lodi
Unita di Medicina e Patologia Orale, Dipartimento di Medicina, Chirurgia e Odontoiatria, Universita degli Studi di Milano, Italy
Oral Dis 16:601-12. 2010..manifestations including mixed cryoglubulinemia, non-Hodgkin lymphoma, diabetes, porphyria cutanea tarda and lichen planus. The aims of this study were to conduct a systematic review and a meta-analysis on the prevalence of HCV in ..
- Lupus erythematosus/lichen planus overlap syndrome with scarring alopeciaH S Inaloz
Department of Dermatology, University of Wales College of Medicine, Cardiff, South Wales, UK
J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol 15:171-4. 2001Lupus erythematosus (LE) and lichen planus (LP) may occur as an overlap syndrome (LE/LP)...
- Demonstration of antibody to 230 kDa bullous pemphigoid antigen in lichen planus-like keratosisM Seishima
Department of Dermatology, Ogaki Municipal Hospital, Minaminokawa cho 4 86, Ogaki City, 503 8502, Japan
Eur J Dermatol 9:393-6. 1999We describe a 67-year-old man with lichen planus-like keratosis associated with anti-230 kDa bullous pemphigoid antigen (BPAG1) autoantibody...
- Insulin resistance and lichen planus in patients with HCV-infectious liver diseasesYumiko Nagao
Department of Digestive Disease Information and Research, Kurume University School of Medicine, Asahi machi, Kurume, Fukuoka, Japan
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 23:580-5. 2008..The aims of the present study were to examine the incidence of extrahepatic manifestations including lichen planus in HCV-infected patients and to evaluate the relationship between lichen planus and insulin resistance.
- Diffuse esophageal stricture secondary to esophageal lichen planusT R Williams
Department of Radiology, Henry Ford Hospital, 2799 West Grand Boulevard, Detroit, MI 48202, USA
Abdom Imaging 30:355-7. 2005..We report a case of esophageal stricture secondary to lichen planus. Esophageal lichen planus is rare and frequently mistaken for other more common disorders such as ..
- Lichen planus pemphigoides is a heterogeneous disease: a report of five cases studied by immunoelectron microscopyA Bouloc
Department of Dermatology, Hopital Saint Louis, Paris, France
Br J Dermatol 138:972-80. 1998b>Lichen planus pemphigoides (LPP) is a rare and controversial disease...
- Evaluation of the profile of the immune cell infiltrate in lichen planus, discoid lupus erythematosus, and chronic dermatitisMahmoud Rezk A Hussein
Department of Pathology, Faculty of Medicine, Assuit University Hospitals, Assuit, Egypt
Pathology 40:682-93. 2008..This investigation tries to test this hypothesis and to characterise immune cells in interface dermatitis...
- A case of lupus erythematosus/lichen planus overlap syndromeKyoko Nagao
Department of Dermatology, Ogikubo Hospital, Suginami ku, Tokyo, Japan
J Dermatol 33:187-90. 2006A case of lupus erythematosus/lichen planus overlap syndrome (LE/LP overlap syndrome) was reported...
- T cells reactive with the NC16A domain of BP180 are present in vulval lichen sclerosus and lichen planusM Baldo
Department of Dermatology, University of Oxford, Oxford, UK
J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol 24:186-90. 2010..Similar mechanisms may apply to vulval lichen planus (LP), an interface dermatitis, with clinical and immunological overlap with LS.
- Autocytotoxic T-cell clones in lichen planusP B Sugerman
Oral Biology and Pathology, School of Dentistry, The University of Queensland, St Lucia, Queensland 4072, Australia
Br J Dermatol 142:449-56. 2000We examined the in vitro cytotoxic activity of cutaneous T-cell lines and clones from lichen planus (LP) patients against autologous epidermal keratinocytes...
- Immunoelectron microscopic study of distribution of T cell subsets in oral lichen planusP Jungell
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Helsinki University, Finland
Scand J Dent Res 97:361-7. 1989....
- Lichen planus is associated with human herpesvirus type 7 replication and infiltration of plasmacytoid dendritic cellsH J C de Vries
Department of Dermatology, Academic Medical Centre, University of Amsterdam, PO Box 22700, 1100 DE Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Br J Dermatol 154:361-4. 2006b>Lichen planus (LP) is a common inflammatory skin disease of unknown aetiology. Viral causes have been suggested.
- The incidence of molluscum contagiosum, scabies and lichen planusR S Pannell
Birmingham Research Unit of the Royal College of General Practitioners, Birmingham, UK
Epidemiol Infect 133:985-91. 2005We aimed to describe the incidence of new episodes of molluscum contagiosum, scabies and lichen planus presenting to general practitioners in England and Wales...
- Treatment of lichen planus and lichen nitidus with itraconazole: reports of six casesL F Libow
Department of Medicine, Dermatology Service, United States Army MEDDAC, Wurzburg, Germany
Cutis 62:247-8. 1998Six patients with either lichen planus or lichen nitidus were treated with itraconazole. Two of four patients with lichen planus experienced complete clearing, and the remainder showed a partial response...
- The basement membrane zone and dermal extracellular matrix in erosive lichen planus of the vulva: an immunohistochemical study demonstrating altered expression of hemidesmosome components and anchoring fibrilsS M Cooper
Department of Dermatology, Oxford Radcliffe Hospitals, Oxford, OX7 2LJ, UK
Clin Exp Dermatol 30:277-81. 2005Histopathology demonstrates disruption of the basal layer of the epidermis in lichen planus (LP) and altered expression of basement membrane zone (BMZ) components occurs in cutaneous and oral LP...
- Alefacept for erosive lichen planus: a case seriesAnne Lynn S Chang
Department of Dermatology, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA, USA
J Drugs Dermatol 7:379-83. 2008Erosive mucosal lichen planus is thought to be an autoimmune disease mediated by increased T-cell activation and proliferation. Alefacept is a biologic agent that selectively targets memory T cells.
- Comparison of the distribution and numbers of antigen-presenting cells among T-lymphocyte-mediated dermatoses: CD1a+, factor XIIIa+, and CD68+ cells in eczematous dermatitis, psoriasis, lichen planus and graft-versus-host diseaseMasatoshi Deguchi
Department of Dermatology, Tohoku University Graduate School of Medicine, 1 1 Seiryo machi, Aoba ku, Sendai 980 8574, Japan
Arch Dermatol Res 294:297-302. 2002..from a total of 51 patients with eczematous dermatitis (histologically spongiotic dermatitis), psoriasis, lichen planus, acute graft-versus-host disease (GVHD), and chronic GVHD...
- A study of 124 Indian patients with lichen planus pigmentosusA J Kanwar
Department of Dermatology, Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh, India
Clin Exp Dermatol 28:481-5. 2003b>Lichen planus pigmentosus is a fairly common disorder of pigmentation in Indians, but reports comprising a sizeable number of patients are lacking in the literature...
- Simultaneous detection of IFN-gamma and IL-4 in lesional tissues and whole unstimulated saliva from patients with oral lichen planusXiao An Tao
Department of Oral Medicine, Guanghua School of Stomatology, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou, China
J Oral Pathol Med 37:83-7. 2008Although the roles of interferon (IFN)-gamma and interleukin (IL)-4 in oral lichen planus (OLP) have been described extensively in past decades, the available results are controversial...
- Expression of TLR9 and its mRNA in the lesions of lichen planusJiawen Li
Department of Dermatology, Union Hospital, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, China
J Huazhong Univ Sci Technolog Med Sci 27:203-5. 2007To investigate the role of toll-like receptor 9 (TLR9) in the pathogenesis of lichen planus, the expressions of TLR9 and its mRNA in the lesional skin of lichen planus were detected by immunohistochemical technique (SP) and RT-PCR...
- Type I interferon-associated cytotoxic inflammation in lichen planusJoerg Wenzel
Department of Dermatology, University of Bonn, Bonn, Germany
J Cutan Pathol 33:672-8. 2006b>Lichen planus (LP) is an inflammatory autoimmune skin disease of unknown origin. Evidence has accumulated that autoreactive cytotoxic CD8(+) T lymphocytes cause destruction of keratinocytes...
- Lichen planus remission is associated with a decrease of human herpes virus type 7 protein expression in plasmacytoid dendritic cellsHenry J C de Vries
Department of Dermatology, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, P O Box 22700, 1100 DE Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Arch Dermatol Res 299:213-9. 2007The cause of lichen planus is still unknown. Previously we showed human herpes virus 7 (HHV-7) DNA and proteins in lesional lichen planus skin, and significantly less in non-lesional lichen planus, psoriasis or healthy skin...
- Assessment of depression in subjects with psoriasis vulgaris and lichen planusA Akay
Department of Dermatology, Izmir Ataturk Training Hospital, Turkey
J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol 16:347-52. 2002The aim of this study was to investigate the frequency of depressive symptoms in psoriasis vulgaris and lichen planus and to evaluate the relationship between the Beck depression scores and the Psoriasis Area and Severity Index (PASI) ..
- Lichen planus responding to efalizumabMarkus Bohm
Department of Dermatology, University of Munster, Germany
J Am Acad Dermatol 56:S92-3. 2007b>Lichen planus (LP) is a common inflammatory skin disorder of unknown origin. When generalized and relapsing, treatment of LP can be a challenge...
- A case of localized lichen planus pigmentosus on the thighKyoung Jin Kim
J Dermatol 29:242-3. 2002
- Colocalization of lichen planus and vitiligo associated with selective IgA deficiencyUlker Gul
Second Dermatology Clinic, Ankara Numune Education and Research Hospital, Ankara, Turkey
Skinmed 6:202-3. 2007..Melanocytes were decreased in number, and in some areas they were absent at the basal layer of epidermis. Clinical and histopathologic diagnosis were consistent with lichen planus and vitiligo (Figure 2).
- Lichen sclerosus-lichen planus overlap in a patient with hepatitis C virus infectionS Yashar
Br J Dermatol 150:168-9. 2004
- Hepatitis C virus and lichen planus in Nigerians: any relationship?O O M Daramola
Dermatology Division, Department of Medicine, University College Hospital, Ibadan, Nigeria
Int J Dermatol 41:217-9. 2002The association of lichen planus with Hepatitis C virus (HCV) has been widely reported in the literature. No such association, however, has been reported amongst black Africans in whom HCV is thought to be endemic...
- A prospective study of findings and management in 214 patients with oral lichen planusS Silverman
School of Dentistry, University of California, San Francisco 94143
Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol 72:665-70. 1991The findings in this prospective study of 214 patients with oral lichen planus were similar to those found in our 1985 evaluation of 570 patients with oral lichen planus...
- Louis-Frédéric Wickham and the Wickham's striae of lichen planusCharles Steffen
Skinmed 3:287-9. 2004In 1895, Louis-Fédéric Wickham described whitish streaks, now known as Wickham's striae, on the surface of lichen planus papules...
- Lichen planus associated with etanerceptM Battistella
Br J Dermatol 158:188-90. 2008
- Treatment of generalized lichen planus with alefaceptDavid P Fivenson
Fivenson Dermatology, Ann Arbor, Mich, USA
Arch Dermatol 142:151-2. 2006
- Lichen planus and hepatitis C virus infection: an updated critical reviewM Carrozzo
Department of Oral Medicine, School of Medical Sciences, University of Newcastle upon Tyne, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Minerva Gastroenterol Dietol 54:65-74. 2008An association between lichen planus (LP) and liver diseases has been reported. PubMed database has been used to extract information on hepatitis C virus (HCV) infection and LP...
- Lichen planus pigmentosus-inversusL Pock
Department of Dermatology and Venerology, Charles University 2nd Medical School, Motol University Hospital, Prague, Czech Republic
J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol 15:452-4. 2001We examined seven patients with lichen planus pigmentosus (LPP) clinically and microscopically. Clinically, all patients had a striking predominance of lesions in an intertriginous location, with most of them in the axillae...
- Efficacy of steroid oral mini-pulse therapy in lichen planus: an open trial in 35 patientsM Ramesh
Indian J Dermatol Venereol Leprol 72:156-7. 2006
- Hepatitis C virus infection prevalence in lichen planus: examination of lesional and normal skin of hepatitis C virus-infected patients with lichen planus for the presence of hepatitis C virus RNAE Erkek
Kirikkale University Faculty of Medicine, Kirikkale, Turkey
Clin Exp Dermatol 26:540-4. 2001..In recent years, a significant association between lichen planus and chronic HCV infection has been reported...
- Lichen planus is not associated with hepatitis C virus infection in patients from north west EnglandS C Tucker
Section of Dermatology, University of Manchester, Hope Hospital, Salford, UK
Acta Derm Venereol 79:378-9. 1999It has been suggested that infection with hepatitis C virus may be associated with the development of lichen planus and that geographical area may be an important factor affecting the relative risk...
- Patient satisfaction after the treatment of vulvovaginal erosive lichen planus with topical clobetasol and tacrolimus: a survey studyJeffrey T Jensen
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 190:1759-63; discussion 1763-5. 2004The purpose of this study was to compare patient satisfaction with the topical immune system modulator tacrolimus to topical clobetasol during treatment for vulvovaginal erosive lichen planus.
- Short Wavelength UV Sources for Treatment of PsoriasisJOSEPH SMART; Fiscal Year: 2006..for psoriasis and possibly other skin diseases including acne vularis, atopic dermatitis, vitiligo, pruritus, lichen planus, pityriasis rosea and early cutaneous T-cell lymphoma...
- CYTOTOXIC MECHANISMS IN CUTANEOUS DISEASEDavid Norris; Fiscal Year: 2001..such as photosensitive lupus erythematosus, vitiligo, erythema multiforme, toxic epidermal necrolysis and lichen planus. We have found that the epidermis is intrinsically resistant to immunologic cytotoxicity, due in large part to ..
- Trials to Enhance Elders' Teeth/Oral Health (TEETH)Asuman Kiyak; Fiscal Year: 2004..Mortality rates in both groups are similar, and the most common oral lesion - lichen planus - has a similar prevalence in both groups...
- World Workshop in Oral Medicine IVPeter Lockhart; Fiscal Year: 2005..concerning: Group 1: oral infections, (fungal and viral); Group 2: orai mucosal lesions (dysplasia and lichen planus); Group 3: oral, facial pain (neuropathic pain and burning mouth syndrome); Group 4: medically complex ..
- Vulvar Disease and Bladder and Bowel SymptomsColleen Kennedy; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- Oramelts with DGL: Treatment of Minor RAUMichael Martin; Fiscal Year: 2004..If these claims are verified in clinical trials, Orahealth Corporation will take the product to market, providing health benefits to the 20% of people who suffer from minor recurrent aphthous ulcers. ..
- Visual outcomes & quality of life in CMV retinitisJennifer Thorne; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..