Genomes and Genes
Summary: A benign tumor of fibrous or fully developed connective tissue.
Publications300 found, 100 shown here
- Primary cardiac tumours in a paediatric populationR A Elderkin
Queensland Centre for Congenital Heart Disease, Prince Charles Hospital, Chermside, Queensland, Australia
J Paediatr Child Health 38:173-7. 2002..To review the presentation, diagnosis, histology and outcome of primary cardiac tumours presenting to a paediatric cardiac unit over a 20-year period...
- Fibroma of tendon sheath located within the ankle joint capsuleRiccardo Ciatti
Casa di Cura Villa Stuart, Rome, Italy
J Orthop Traumatol 10:147-50. 2009We report a very rare case of fibroma of the tendon sheath arising from the anteromedial ankle joint capsule, with no apparent connection to any tendon in the area, found in a 58-year-old patient complaining of progressive local swelling...
- Locally aggressive central odontogenic fibroma associated to an inflammatory cyst: a clinical, histological and immunohistochemical studyIñaki Cercadillo-Ibarguren
Oral Surgery and Implantology Department, Barcelona University Dental School, Barcelona, Spain
J Oral Pathol Med 35:513-6. 2006..A cyst with an important inflammatory infiltrate was, moreover, observed...
- Subungual pleomorphic fibromaYa Ju Hsieh
Department of Dermatology, Mackay Memorial Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
J Cutan Pathol 30:569-71. 2003Pleomorphic fibroma is a benign fibroblastic tumor characterized by pleomorphic, hyperchromatic cells or giant multinucleated cells embedded in a collagenous stroma...
- Focused extracorporeal shockwave therapy in Dupuytren's disease--a hypothesisKarsten Knobloch
Plastic, Hand and Reconstructive Surgery, Hannover Medical School, Germany
Med Hypotheses 76:635-7. 2011....
- Different deformation patterns in intracardiac tumorsJavier Ganame
Pediatric Cardiology, University Hospitals Leuven, Herestraat 49, B 3000 Leuven, Belgium
Eur J Echocardiogr 6:461-4. 2005..The second child presented with a large cardiac fibroma as confirmed by pathological examination...
- Surgical management of symptomatic cardiac fibromas in childrenBen Davies
Cardiac Surgical Unit, Royal Children s Hospital, Melbourne, Australia
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 133:254-5. 2007
- PCNA and Ki-67 immunoreactivity in multinucleated cells of giant cell fibroma and peripheral giant cell granulomaA J Mighell
Division of Dental Surgery, Leeds Dental Institute, United Kingdom
J Oral Pathol Med 25:193-9. 1996..to the cell cycle, was undertaken in archival, formalin-fixed and paraffin-embedded specimens of giant cell fibroma (GCF) and peripheral giant cell granuloma (PGCG++)...
- [Radiation therapy for Morbus Ledderhose -- indication and clinical results]Michael Heinrich Seegenschmiedt
Klinik für Radioonkologie, Strahlentherapie und Nuklearmedizin, Alfried Krupp Krankenhaus, Essen, Deutschland
Strahlenther Onkol 179:847-53. 2003..We examined whether radiotherapy (RT) can effect symptoms and prevent disease progression...
- Synchronous adult-type granulosa cell tumor of the ovary with ovarian fibroma: a case reportA Semczuk
IInd Department of Gynecology, Lublin University School of Medicine, Lublin, Poland
Eur J Gynaecol Oncol 32:691-4. 2011..a case of a 73-year-old woman showing coexistence of adult-type granulosa cell tumor in one ovary with ovarian fibroma in the other...
- [Chondromyxoid fibroma of bone: a rare benign bone tumor in children]L Rouas
Service d anatomie cytologie pathologique, Hôpital d Enfants, Rabat, Maroc
Rev Med Brux 25:521-4. 2004Chondromyxoid fibroma is a rare benign tumor that is typically found in the metaphyseal ends of long tubular bones, such as the tibia...
- Non specific magnetic resonance features of chondromyxoid fibroma of the iliac boneE Yalniz
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Trakya University School of Medicine, Edirne, Turkey
J BUON 12:407-9. 2007Chondromyxoid fibroma is a benign cartilaginous neoplasm. The tumor is rare, perhaps the rarest of all bone tumors. It is more common in long bones and rare in pelvic bones...
- Maxillary ameloblastic fibroma: a case reportDaniela Otero Pereira da Costa
Department of Pathology, Fluminense Federal University, Niteroi, RJ, Brazil
Braz Dent J 22:171-4. 2011Ameloblastic fibroma is a relatively rare benign odontogenic tumor in which both the epithelial and ectomesenchymal components are neoplastic...
- Chondromyxoid fibroma of frontal bone: a case report and review of the literatureTayfun Hakan
Haydarpaşa Numune Teaching and Research Hospital Neurosurgery Department, Istanbul, Turkey
Turk Neurosurg 18:249-53. 2008Chondromyxoid fibroma is an unusual benign tumor of cartilaginous tissues that may be confused with other some malign tumors. It is rarely seen in the skull. A 45-year-old female was admitted with painless bony swelling in the forehead...
- Management of suprastomal tracheal fibroma: introduction of a new technique and comparison with other techniquesCourtney B Shires
Department of Otolaryngology, University of Tennessee, Memphis, TN, USA
Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol 73:67-72. 2009Suprastomal tracheal granuloma/fibroma (SSTGF) is a common cause of failure to decannulate following pediatric tracheostomy. Because larger lesions obstruct the trachea, it is necessary to remove them prior to decannulation...
- Bilateral presentation of fibroadenoma with digital fibroma-like inclusions in the male breastSandra J Shin
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine Starr 1009, New York Presbyterian Hospital Weill Medical College of Cornell University, 525 E 68th St, New York, NY 10021, USA
Arch Pathol Lab Med 131:1126-9. 2007..To the best of our knowledge, this is the first reported case of bilaterally occurring fibroadenomas in the male breast, one of which also contained digital fibroma-like inclusions, a second unreported phenomenon.
- Survival after resection of primary cardiac tumors: a 48-year experienceAndrew W ElBardissi
MPH, Department of Surgery, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, 75 Francis Street, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Circulation 118:S7-15. 2008..To date, however, there have been no studies examining survival characteristics of patients who undergo surgical resection...
- Identification of a giant cell fibromaSherri M Lukes
Dental Hygiene Program, Southern Illinois University, Carbondale, USA
J Dent Hyg 79:9. 2005..A giant cell fibroma, a type of fibrous hyperplasia, was discovered during a preventive patient visit in the dental hygiene clinic at ..
- Surgical resection of ventricular cardiac fibromas: early and late resultsJohn M Cho
Division of Cardiovascular Surgery, Mayo Medical Center, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 76:1929-34. 2003..Cardiac fibromas are rare tumors. Indications for and preferred type of operation are controversial, and little is known about early and late results of operation...
- Cardiac tumors and associated arrhythmias in pediatric patients, with observations on surgical therapy for ventricular tachycardiaChristina Y Miyake
Department of Cardiology, Children s Hospital Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 58:1903-9. 2011..The aim of this study was to describe a large experience with primary cardiac tumors in pediatric patients, characterize associated arrhythmias, and expand knowledge of natural history and treatment options...
- Giant fibroma of the right ventricleVita Zidere
The Latvian State Cardiology Centre for Children, Children s Hospital Gailezers, Riga, Latvia
Cardiol Young 12:584-6. 2002..We have successfully treated a 1-year old girl with a giant fibroma of the right ventricle using the principles of the Batista procedure...
- Symptomatic plantar fibroma with a unique sonographic appearanceDaniel W Haun
Department of Radiology, Logan College of Chiropractic, 1851 Schoettler Road, Chesterfield, MO 63006 1065, USA
J Clin Ultrasound 40:112-4. 2012We present a case of a solitary plantar fibroma with unique sonographic features with MRI and pathologic correlation. A 25-year-old woman presented with a left foot mass that interfered with her gait...
- Central odontogenic fibroma of mandible: a case report and review of the literatureJohn Spencer M Daniels
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, King Fahd Central Hospital, Gizan, Saudi Arabia
Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 98:295-300. 2004Central odontogenic fibroma is an extremely rare benign tumor, accounting for less than 0.1% of all odontogenic tumors...
- Solitary sclerotic fibroma of skin: a possible link with pleomorphic fibroma with immunophenotypic expression for O13 (CD99) and CD34Muhammad N Mahmood
Department of Pathology, Henry Ford Hospital, Detroit, MI 48202, USA
J Cutan Pathol 30:631-6. 2003Solitary sclerotic fibroma (SF) presents as a well circumscribed dermal nodule, composed of sparse spindle cells with alternating wavy collagen fibers arranged in a storiform pattern...
- Plantar fibromatosisThomas Zgonis
Connecticut Reconstructive Foot Surgeons, 21 Woodland Street, Suite 221, Hartford, CT 06105, USA
Clin Podiatr Med Surg 22:11-8. 2005..This article reviews the history, clinical presentation, pathologic findings, and surgical approaches to the treatment of plantar fibromatosis...
- Usual and unusual MRI findings of ovarian fibroma: correlation with pathologic findingsKazuhiro Kitajima
Department of Radiology, Dokkyo Medical University School of Medicine, Shimotuka gun, Tochigi, Japan
Magn Reson Med Sci 7:43-8. 2008..We illustrate typical and atypical magnetic resonance (MR) imaging findings of ovarian fibromas and correlate them with histopathologic findings...
- Cardiac fibroma in an infant: complete resection after a Blalock-Taussig shunt as initial palliationCheul Lee
Department of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, Sejong Cardiovascular Center, Sejong General Hospital, Bucheon, Korea
Ann Thorac Surg 90:1011-4. 2010..This palliation allowed discharge from the hospital and provided good relief for the cyanosis until the tumor became resectable. The pathologic examination revealed a cardiac fibroma.
- Pleomorphic sclerotic fibroma: a case report and literature reviewT Minsue Chen
Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX, USA
Am J Dermatopathol 24:54-8. 2002Pleomorphic sclerotic fibroma is a benign neoplasm exhibiting features of sclerotic fibroma and pleomorphic fibroma. We report another such case. The tumor presented as a firm, 0...
- Incidence and treatment of recurrent plantar fibromatosis by surgery and postoperative radiotherapyEelco de Bree
Department of Surgical Oncology, The Netherlands Cancer Institute Antoni van Leeuwenhoek Huis, Plesmanlaan 121, 1066 CX Amsterdam, Netherlands
Am J Surg 187:33-8. 2004..The incidence of plantar fibromatosis (PF) is unknown. Sometimes PF tends to recur repetitively after surgical treatment. In our institute we have used postoperative radiotherapy in an attempt to diminish the change on recurrence...
- Left ventricular cardiac fibroma in a child presenting with ventricular tachycardiaStacy Stratemann
Vanderbilt University Medical Center, 1211 22nd Avenue South, Nashville, TN 37232 0002, USA
Pediatr Cardiol 29:223-6. 2008..a 7-year-old boy, with a first episode of symptomatic tachycardia, who was found to have a left ventricular (LV) fibroma. He had a normal echocardiogram prior to an electrophysiology study, which revealed a sustained monomorphic ..
- Left ventricular fibroma mimicking an acute coronary syndromeHrvoje Gasparovic
Department of Cardiac Surgery, University Hospital Rebro Zagreb, Zagreb, Croatia
Ann Thorac Surg 82:1891-2. 2006..Radical surgical resection was undertaken and was considered curative, as the mass histology was consistent with a benign fibroma.
- Twisted ovarian fibroma with high signal intensity on T1-weighted MR image: a new sign of torsion of ovarian tumors?F Minutoli
Institute of Radiologic Sciences, University of Messina, Policlinico G Martino, Italy
Eur Radiol 11:1151-4. 2001..We report a case of twisted ovarian fibroma whose main characteristic was the presence of large areas of high signal intensity on both T1- and T2-weighted MR ..
- Immunohistochemical expression of mast cell tryptase in giant cell fibroma and inflammatory fibrous hyperplasia of the oral mucosaPedro Paulo de Andrade Santos
Oral Pathology, Federal University of Rio Grande do Norte, Natal, Rio Grande do Norte, Brazil
Arch Oral Biol 56:231-7. 2011..In addition, the results suggest the involvement of mast cells in the induction of fibrosis and modulation of endothelial cell function in GCFs...
- Primary cardiac tumours: eighteen years of surgical experience on 21 patientsNicolo Piazza
McGill University, 3755 Cote Ste Catherine Road, Montreal, Quebec H3T 1E2, Canada
Can J Cardiol 20:1443-8. 2004..The literature on primary cardiac tumours is relatively limited because of their rare occurrence...
- Giant cell fibroma: a case reportMariana Minatel Braga
FUNDECTO University of São Paulo, Dental Research Center São Leopoldo Mandic
J Clin Pediatr Dent 30:261-4. 2006This article describes a case of giant cell fibroma in a 3-year-old boy, which is an uncommon age for this lesion. The cause of this pathology has not been determined...
- Ovarian fibroma in a 7-month-old infant: a case report and review of the literatureYi Ju Chen
Department of Pathology, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, 123 Ta Pei Road, Niao Sung Hsiang, Kaohsiung, County 833, Taiwan
Pediatr Surg Int 20:894-7. 2004Ovarian fibroma rarely occurs in prepubertal girls. We report an ovarian fibroma in a 7-month-old female infant presenting as a right abdominal mass...
- [Chondromyxoid fibroma]L A Semenova
Arkh Patol 69:37-40. 2007Chondromyxoid fibroma is a benign chondroid tissue tumor characterized by the lobular overgrowth of stellate or elongated cells in the myxoid or chondroid intracellular matrix. There may be giant multinucleate cells...
- Pedunculated endocardial left ventricular fibroma presenting with cerebral and bilateral peripheral embolizationAhmad K Darwazah
Heliopolis Cardiac Centre, National Cancer Institute, Cairo University, Cairo, Egypt
Ann Thorac Surg 89:965-7. 2010Left ventricular fibroma is a rare benign tumour of the heart. We present the case of a 24-year-old man with left hemiplegia and bilateral popliteal artery occlusion associated with left ventricular mass...
- Recurrence of plantar fibromatosis after plantar fasciectomy: single-center long-term resultsWillem M van der Veer
Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, VU University Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Plast Reconstr Surg 122:486-91. 2008..The goal of this study was to determine the recurrence rate of plantar fibromatosis after plantar fasciectomy at the authors' institute during the past three decades and the factors associated with an increased risk for recurrence...
- Surgical issues in giant right ventricular fibromaBrojendra N Agarwala
Section of Pediatric Cardiology, University of Chicago Children s Hospital, Illinois 60637, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 78:328-30. 2004Cardiac fibroma is a rare and benign tumor usually seen in infants and children. We report a 3-year-old asymptomatic child who presented with a giant right ventricular (RV) fibroma...
- Scintigraphic characteristics of non-ossifying fibroma in military recruits undergoing bone scintigraphy for suspected stress fractures and lower limb painsNir Hod
Institute of Nuclear Medicine, Medical Services and Supply Center, Medical Corps, IDF, Jerusalem, Israel
Nucl Med Commun 28:25-33. 2007Non-ossifying fibroma (NOF) is the most common fibrous bone lesion in children and young adults. This benign lesion is not a true neoplasm but is considered a developmental defect...
- Giant right ventricular fibroma co-existing atrial septal defect in a 15 year old girlAdel Dimassi
Department of Cardiology, Cardiothoracic Center of Monaco, Monte Carlo, Monaco
Cardiol Young 19:630-2. 2009..Surgical excision is the treatment of choice if the tumour causes either arrhythmia or cavitary obstruction. In this report, we describe a giant ventricular fibroma co-existing with an atrial septal defect in a girl aged 15 years.
- Papillary fibroelastoma of the heart: report of two cases and review of the literatureF Darvishian
Department of Pathology, North Shore University Hospital, Manhasset, NY 11030, USA
Ann Clin Lab Sci 31:291-6. 2001..We report 2 cases of symptomatic papillary fibroelastoma, both of which presented with a stroke. Both patients underwent uneventful open-heart surgery. The literature is reviewed, with a compilation of 79 cases...
- [Plantar fibromatosis with marked cutaneous involvement]H L de Almeida
Hautarzt 52:236-9. 2001..Intralesional therapy with corticosteroids did not reduce the lesions. After surgical treatment, the lesions recurred...
- Odontogenic fibroma: a clinicopathological study of 15 casesHung Pin Lin
Graduate Institute of Clinical Dentistry, National Taiwan University, Taipei, Taiwan
J Formos Med Assoc 110:27-35. 2011Odontogenic fibroma (ODF) is a rare odontogenic tumor. It can be further divided into peripheral odontogenic fibroma (PODF) and central odontogenic fibroma (CODF)...
- Intraarticular fibroma of the tendon sheath arising from the infrapatellar fat pad in the knee jointOsman Aynaci
Department of Orthopedics and Traumatology, Karadeniz Technical University Medical School, Trabzon, Turkey
Arch Orthop Trauma Surg 129:291-4. 2009We report a rare case of fibroma of the tendon sheath arising from the fat pad in the knee. To our knowledge, only four previous cases of fibroma of the tendon sheath in the knee have been reported in the English literature...
- Nuchal-type fibroma of the buttock: magnetic resonance imaging findingsGyung Kyu Lee
Department of Radiology, Hallym University College of Medicine, Hangang Sacred Heart Hospital, Seoul, Korea
Jpn J Radiol 28:538-41. 2010Nuchal-type fibroma, first described in 1988 by Enzinger and Weiss, is a rare fibrous growth occurring predominantly in the interscapular and paraspinous regions...
- Intraarticular fibroma of the posterior compartment in the knee. A case reportJin Hwan Ahn
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Samsung Medical Center, Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine, Seoul, South Korea
Knee 15:155-8. 2008..The microscopic diagnosis was a fibroma, which is a rare entity in this location...
- Central odontogenic fibroma with osteoid formation showing atypical radiographic appearanceM Araki
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Radiology, Nihon University School of Dentistry, Japan
Dentomaxillofac Radiol 38:426-30. 2009..both a diffuse sclerotic border and calcified bodies, which was eventually diagnosed as a central odontogenic fibroma. The patient was a 40-year-old man with a painless radiolucent area in the crown area of the unerupted left lower ..
- Central odontogenic fibroma: a case reportUgo Covani
School of Dental Medicine and Nanoworld Institute, University of Genova, Italy
Med Oral Patol Oral Cir Bucal 10:E154-7. 2005The aim of this case report was to analyze clinical and histological features of a central odontogenic fibroma followed up for 6 years after surgical excision.
- Incidence, clinical analysis, and management of ovarian fibromas and fibrothecomasAbdellatif Chechia
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Charles Nicolle Hospital, Tunis, Tunisia
Am J Obstet Gynecol 199:473.e1-4. 2008..The objective of the study was to identify the incidence, diagnosis, and therapeutic and histological particularities of ovarian fibromas and fibrothecomas...
- Ovarian fibroma: a review on the clinical characteristics, diagnostic difficulties, and management options of 23 casesSee Wai Leung
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Prince of Wales Hospital, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, SAR, China
Gynecol Obstet Invest 62:1-6. 2006..We review clinical characteristics, diagnostic difficulties, and our experience in the surgical management of ovarian fibromas...
- Chondromyxoid fibromaAdam M Budny
Nason Hospital, Roaring Spring, PA, USA
J Foot Ankle Surg 47:153-9. 2008Chondromyxoid fibroma is an uncommon benign cartilaginous tumor accounting for less than 1% of all bone tumors...
- Mineralized fibroma of the tendon sheath presenting as a bursitisThomas Le Corroller
Service de Radiologie, Hopital Sainte Marguerite, 270 Boulevard de Sainte Marguerite, 13009, Marseille, France
Skeletal Radiol 37:1141-5. 2008..imaging-including ultrasound, computed tomography, and magnetic resonance imaging-and histological features of a fibroma of the tendon sheath with mineralized chondroid and osseous metaplasia, presenting as a semimembranosus bursitis...
- Intra-articular fibroma of tendon sheath involving the scapholunate and radiocarpal jointsGeorge S Athwal
Hospital for Special Surgery, 535 East 70th Street, New York, NY 10021, USA
Skeletal Radiol 35:599-602. 2006b>Fibroma of tendon sheath is an uncommon benign soft tissue tumor with a predilection for the hand. A unique case involving the scapholunate and radiocarpal joints with bone erosion is reported...
- Chondromyxoid fibroma: a rare tumor with an unusual locationElias Fotiadis
General Hospital of Veria, Veria, Greece
Arch Orthop Trauma Surg 128:371-5. 2008Chondromyxoid fibroma constitutes a rare benign tumor of the bones, which has a potential of regional enlargement towards the local tissues...
- Response of extraabdominal desmoid tumors to therapy with imatinib mesylateJoseph Mace
Division of Medical Oncology, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Michigan Medical Center, Comprehensive Cancer Center, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109, USA
Cancer 95:2373-9. 2002..Imatinib mesylate appears to demonstrate inhibitory activity against multiple class 3 receptor tyrosine kinases, including platelet-derived growth factor receptor (PDGFR)-alpha and PDGFR-beta, as well as c-kit...
- Ovarian thecoma: clinicopathological analysis of 50 casesAna Lia Nocito
Pathology Department, School of Medicine, Universidad Nacional de Rosario, 2000 Argentina
Ann Diagn Pathol 12:12-6. 2008..b>Fibroma and thecoma seem to be different neoplasms and should be considered distinct, separate entities because they have ..
- Fibroma of tendon sheath originating from the knee joint capsuleToshiaki Hitora
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Kobe University School of Medicine, 7 5 1 Kusunoki cho, Chuo Ku, Kobe, Japan
Clin Imaging 26:280-3. 2002We present a rare case of fibroma of the tendon sheath originating from the posterior joint capsule of the knee in a 50-year-old man. Magnetic resonance (MR) imaging revealed a lesion posterior to the medial femoral condyle...
- Fibroma of tendon sheath of the infrapatellar fat pad in the kneeJunkou Okada
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Gunma University Graduate School of Medicine, Gunma, 371 8511, Japan
Clin Imaging 33:406-8. 2009..Perioperative observation revealed that the tumor was partly adhesive to the anterior knee joint capsule, but not to the patellar tendon...
- Juvenile juxtacortical chondromyxoid fibroma of bone: a case reportDarshana Jhala
Department of Pathology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Louisville, KY 35233, USA
Hum Pathol 39:960-5. 2008Conventional intramedullary chondromyxoid fibroma (CMF) is a rare benign tumor of bone; juxtacortical lesions are rarer still, and juxtacortical lesions occurring in children are heretofore essentially unreported...
- Juxtacortical chondromyxoid fibroma of bone: a unique variant: a case study of 20 patientsAllyson C Baker
Department of Pathology, University of Alabama School of Medicine, Birmingham, AL 35233, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 31:1662-8. 2007Chondromyxoid fibroma (CMF) is a rare neoplasm of the appendicular skeleton of young adults...
- Cystic ameloblastic fibromaA Usubutun
Department of Pathology, Hacettepe University School of Medicine, Ankara, Turkey
Br J Oral Maxillofac Surg 40:512-4. 2002
- Unusual presentation of fibroma of tendon sheathS Boms
Dermatology 214:336-7. 2007
- Superficial acral fibromyxoma: report of two casesD V Kazakov
Department of Dermatology, University Hospital, Zurich, Switzerland
Dermatology 205:285-8. 2002..In conclusion, SAFM represents a distinct entity in the spectrum of cutaneous myxoid tumors. The differential diagnosis of SAFM includes various myxoid neoplasms and tumors with a predilection for distal parts of the extremities...
- Solitary fibrous tumour of the tongue: a case report with immunohistochemical studiesY Yamashita
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Saga Medical School, Nabeshima, Saga, Japan
Int J Oral Maxillofac Surg 31:681-3. 2002..We report here case of SFT arising from the tongue of a 75-year-old woman. To our knowledge, this is the second case reported of SFT originating from the tongue...
- Bilateral elastofibroma of the thighs with concomitant subscapular lesionsAkifumi Nishida
Department of Radiology, Nagasaki University School of Medicine, 1 7 1 Sakamoto, Nagasaki 852 8501, Japan
Skeletal Radiol 32:116-8. 2003..Although bilateral involvement of the thighs is exceptional, the presence of concomitant characteristic bilateral subscapular lesions was helpful in making the diagnosis of elastofibroma...
- Papillary fibroelastoma of the aortic valve: evaluation with transesophageal echocardiography and magnetic resonance imagingJun Shiraishi
Second Department of Medicine, Kyoto Prefectural University of Medicine, Kyoto, Japan
Jpn Heart J 44:799-803. 2003..The histopathologic diagnosis was papillary fibroelastoma. When a tumor of the aortic valve exists, these examinations are useful in detecting and characterizing the tumor for optimal treatment...
- Intracardiac fibroma in nevoid-basal cell carcinoma (gorlin) syndrome: tissue characterization by strain rate imagingLinda B Pauliks
Tufts New England Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Echocardiography 23:79-80. 2006
- Papillary fibroelastoma of the left atrial wall: a case reportMurat Bicer
Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, University Hospital and Medical Faculty of Geneva, Geneva, Switzerland
J Cardiothorac Surg 4:28. 2009..The patient was treated surgically for the prevention of further embolic complications. Pertinent literature is also reviewed for this rare and benign cardiac tumor...
- [Metaplastic spindle-cell (fibromatosis-like) carcinoma of the breast--report of 4 cases]Z Kinkor
Oddĕlení patologie FN Na Bulovce, Praha
Cesk Patol 38:164-8. 2002..Differential diagnosis of this unusual variant of metaplastic breast carcinoma is discussed together with related therapeutic issues...
- Elastofibroma dorsi as differential diagnosis in tumors of the thoracic wallClemens Schafmayer
Department for General Surgery and Thoracic Surgery, University Hospital of Schleswig Holstein, Kiel, Germany
Ann Thorac Surg 82:1501-4. 2006..Histology from the specimen was consistent with elastofibroma dorsi with free resection margins...
- Elastofibroma dorsi: CT and MR imaging findingsS Kudo
Department of Radiology, Saga Medical School, Nabeshima 5--1-1, Saga, Saga, 849--8501 Japan
Semin Musculoskelet Radiol 5:103-5. 2001..It can be easily diagnosed on computed tomography or magnetic resonance images and should not be mistaken for a malignant tumor...
- Cardiac papillary fibroelastoma: a comprehensive analysis of 725 casesRamesh M Gowda
Division of Cardiology, Long Island College Hospital, Brooklyn, NY, USA
Am Heart J 146:404-10. 2003..DATA COLLECTIONS: Cases, case series and related articles on the subject in all languages were identified through a comprehensive literature search...
- [Papillary fibroelastoma of the aortic valve as a cause of sudden death: case report]M Tomsova
Fingerlanduv ustav patologie, Fakultní nemocnice, Hradec Kralove
Cesk Patol 39:76-9. 2003..At the autopsy a large papillary fibroelastoma of the aortic valve was found. This probably produced intermittent obstruction of the coronary artery ostia...
- Images in cardiovascular medicine. Late enhancement of a left ventricular cardiac fibroma assessed with gadolinium-enhanced cardiovascular magnetic resonanceFrancesco De Cobelli
Department of Radiology, San Raffaele Scientific Institute, Milan, Italy
Circulation 112:e242-3. 2005
- Multiple papillary fibroelastomas of the aortic valve: case reportNaoya Matsumoto
Int J Cardiol 122:e1-3. 2007..Upon surgery, a tumor was found on each aortic cusp. Pathological findings of these tumors were consistent with those of papillary fibroelastoma...
- Role of the hedgehog/patched signaling pathway in oncogenesis: a new polymorphism in the PTCH gene in ovarian fibromaSonja Levanat
Laboratory of Molecular Oncology, Division of Molecular Medicine, Ruder Boskovic Institute, Bijenicka 54, HR 10000 Zagreb, Croatia
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1030:134-43. 2004..Loss of heterozygosity findings in the PTCH locus and increased expression of several genes in the pathway strongly suggest that the pathway is involved in both ovarian fibroma and dermoids.
- Elastofibroma dorsi: histologic and echographic considerationsCarlo Cota
San Gallicano Dermatological Institute, San Gallicano, Rome, Italy
Int J Dermatol 45:1100-3. 2006..The differential diagnosis includes frequently observed subcutaneous neoplasms such as lipoma, fibrolipoma or more aggressive tumors. The diagnosis is made with histologic examination...
- A novel case of polyfibromatosis and interstitial granulomatous dermatitis with arthritisDaniel Litu Chen
Department of Dermatology, St Vincent s Hospital, Melbourne, Australia
J Am Acad Dermatol 55:S32-7. 2006..We report a case of the simultaneous occurrence of both conditions in the same individual. To our knowledge, this has not been previously described. The clinical course has been slow, progressive, and recalcitrant to treatment...
- Elastofibroma dorsi: A report on 6 casesSeddik Oueslati
Department of Radiology, hôpital Mahmoud Matri Ariana, Tunis, Tunisia
Acta Orthop Belg 72:237-42. 2006..We report six cases of elastofibroma dorsi, the clinical presentation and radiology findings are reviewed and compared with literature...
- Elastofibroma dorsi: ultrasound pattern in three patientsF M Solivetti
Operative Unit for Imaging Diagnostics, I R C C S Dermophisilopathological Hospital San Gallicano and Santa Maria, I F O, University of Rome Tor Vergata, Policlinico Tor Vergata, Rome, Italy
J Exp Clin Cancer Res 22:565-9. 2003..Therefore, the less expensive ultrasound diagnosis, as a major method of screening for elastofibroma dorsi, would seem to be a reasonable proposal...
- MR imaging of calcifying aponeurotic fibroma of the thighHyo Sung Kwak
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, Chonbuk National University Medical School, Chonbuk, South Korea
Pediatr Radiol 34:438-40. 2004Calcifying aponeurotic fibroma is a rare, benign soft-tissue proliferation that occurs in the distal extremities in children...
- Central odontogenic fibroma interesting the maxillary sinus. A case report and literature surveyA Cicconetti
Department of Oral Surgery Medicine and Pathology, La Sapienza University of Rome, School of Dentistry, Rome, Italy
Minerva Stomatol 55:229-39. 2006Odontogenic fibroma (OF) is a rare benign odontogenic tumor deriving from the dental mesenchymal tissue and accounting for less than 5% of all odontogenic tumors...
- Hybrid odontogenic tumor of calcifying odontogenic cyst and ameloblastic fibromaJung Hoon Yoon
Department of Oral Pathology, College of Dentistry, Chosun University, Korea
Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 98:80-4. 2004..We report an odontogenic tumor that was composed of calcifying odontogenic cyst and ameloblastic fibroma that occurred in the right posterior maxilla of a 22-year-old Korean woman...
- Papillary fibroelastoma of the interatrial septum: a case reportJagdish Butany
Department of Pathology, Toronto General Hospital, University Health Network, Toronto, Ontario
J Card Surg 19:349-53. 2004..0 cm in diameter. While myxomas commonly arise from the interatrial septum, we present the rare example of a large papillary fibroelastoma arising from the left side of the interatrial septum...
- Papillary fibroelastoma of the aortic valve: operative approaches upon incidental discoveryRaja R Gopaldas
Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Michael E DeBakey Veterans Affairs Medical Center and Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Tex Heart Inst J 36:160-3. 2009..We discuss the pathophysiology of fibroelastomas of the aortic valve and operative approaches to the management of these tumors when they are discovered incidentally...
- Imaging study findings in elastofibroma dorsiJacques Malghem
Radiology and Medical Imaging Unit, Saint Luc University Hospitals, Catholic University of Louvain, Avenue Hippocrate, 10 B 1200 Brussels, Belgium
Joint Bone Spine 71:536-41. 2004..When the lesion exhibits typical imaging features and produces no symptoms, as is usually the case, further investigations are probably unnecessary...
- Ovarian fibroma: our experience of 34 casesG Gargano
Oncologic Gynaecology Division, Oncology Institute of Bari, Italy
Eur J Gynaecol Oncol 24:429-32. 2003Thirty-four cases of ovarian fibroma are reported. The early symptoms were pelvic pain and abnormal uterine bleeding...
- Solitary sclerotic fibroma of the oral mucosaM Carmen González-Vela
Am J Dermatopathol 26:519-20. 2004
- Cardiac fibroma as an inherited manifestation of nevoid basal-cell carcinoma syndromeTorsten Bossert
Department of Cardiac Surgery, Heart Center, University of Leipzig, 04289 Leipzig, Germany
Tex Heart Inst J 33:88-90. 2006..was reconstructed after a partial ventriculectomy Histologic investigation showed a completely resected benign fibroma. The 30-year-old mother was known to have nevoid basal-cell carcinoma syndrome, which can be associated with ..
- Surgery for papillary fibroelastoma with uncommon location in left ventricleAlberto Domenech
Division of Cardiovascular Surgery, Hospital Italiano, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Asian Cardiovasc Thorac Ann 18:174-6. 2010..A 59-year-old woman with 2 previous strokes presented with a tumor in the left ventricular apex. The patient underwent tumor resection through a left ventriculotomy. The histopathologic diagnosis was papillary fibroelastoma...
- Subperiosteal chondromyxoid fibroma: a report of two casesRyan K Takenaga
Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD, USA
Iowa Orthop J 27:104-7. 2007Chondromyxoid fibroma is a rare cartilage tumor that represents less than 1% of all bone tumors. When in a long bone, it is usually an intramedullary lesion that is eccentrically located in the metaphyseal region...
- Imbalances of chromosomes 4, 9, and 12 are recurrent in the thecoma-fibroma group of ovarian stromal tumorsRenae C Streblow
Departments of Pathology and Microbiology, University of Nebraska Medical Center, 983135 Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NE 68198 3135, USA
Cancer Genet Cytogenet 178:135-40. 2007..cytogenetic data indicate that gain of chromosome 9 in addition to gain of chromosome 12 is prominent in cellular fibroma. In contrast, loss of chromosomes 4 and/or 9 are recurrent in fibroma...
- [Juvenile aponeurotic fibroma. A case report with a review of the literature]M Rahmi
Service de chirurgie orthopédique et traumatologique P32, CHU Ibn Rochd, Casablanca, Maroc
Chir Main 21:33-5. 2002Juvenile aponeurotic fibroma is a rare benign tumour which occurs mainly in young patients under 20 years of age and especially during childhood. Clinical presentation is a unique, hard and painless tumour of the palm or sole...
- Infantile digital fibroma treated with mohs micrographic surgeryJohn G Albertini
Brooke Army Medical Center, Fort Sam Houston, TX, USA
Dermatol Surg 28:959-61. 2002Infantile digital fibroma (IDF) is a rare benign fibrous tumor of childhood that frequently recurs despite local excision. Conservative, nonsurgical management may result in regression and/or joint deformity.
- Low-grade (fibromatosis-like) spindle cell carcinoma of the breastN Sneige
Department of Pathology, University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 25:1009-16. 2001..Because FLSpCCs may be underdiagnosed as benign, the use of immunohistochemical studies, especially for cytokeratins and SMA, is essential in the evaluation of any spindle cell proliferations of the breast...
- Superficial fibromatoses are genetically distinct from deep fibromatosesE Montgomery
Department of Pathology, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21205 2196, USA
Mod Pathol 14:695-701. 2001..This difference may account inpart for their divergent clinical manifestations despite their morphologic resemblance to deep fibromatoses...
- Solitary fibrous tumor of the oral soft tissues: a clinicopathologic and immunohistochemical study of 16 casesF Alawi
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology, New York Hospital Medical Center of Queens, Flushing, New York, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 25:900-10. 2001..We also include a comparison and brief review of the clinicopathologic and immunohistochemical features of other spindle cell tumors of the oral cavity, from which SFTs must be differentiated...
- Clinical and echocardiographic characteristics of papillary fibroelastomas: a retrospective and prospective study in 162 patientsJ P Sun
Cardiovascular Imaging Center, Department of Cardiology, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
Circulation 103:2687-93. 2001..Because of the potential for embolic events, symptomatic patients, patients undergoing cardiac surgery for other lesions, and those with highly mobile and large CPFs should be considered for surgical excision...
- "Perilous pearl"--papillary fibroelastoma of aortic valve: a case report and literature reviewDamodar Kumbala
VA Medical Center Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, Indiana 46202, USA
Angiology 59:625-8. 2008..Diagnosis was made by transesophageal echocardiogram, and the tumor was resected surgically...
- GENES CONTROLLING NEOPLASIA OF THE INTESTINAL EPITHELIUMWilliam Dove; Fiscal Year: 2007..heterozygotes do any adenomas form that retain an active, functional wildtype Apc allele? Aim Ic Does desmoid fibroma formation in Mid+ heterozygotes also involve loss of the wildtype Apc allele? Aim Id: Does the silencing pathway ..
- PATHOGENESIS OF MALIGNANT FIBROMATOSISDavid Strayer; Fiscal Year: 2001..We propose to study the pathogenesis of malignant fibromatosis elicited by malignant rabbit fibroma virus (MV) as a function of the virus ability to manipulate apoptosis and cell cycle progression...
- Clinically relevant molecular subtypes in leiomyosarcomaJAN MATT VAN DE RIJN; Fiscal Year: 2010..In this grant we will develop a clinically robust classifier of molecular subtypes of leiomyosarcoma, improve outcome prediction, and identify novel potential treatment options for LMS. ..
- Molecular Characterization of Leiomyosarcoma and GISTJAN VAN DE RIJN; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- Aggressive Periodontitis and Formylpeptide Receptor SNPsJohn Walters; Fiscal Year: 2007..Targeted therapeutic intervention to eliminate pathogens prior to clinical expression of AP could mitigate periodontal destruction, minimize functional and esthetic problems related to tooth loss, and reduce the cost of dental care. ..
- CODEHOP: Unique web-based technology for gene discoveryTIMOTHY ROSE; Fiscal Year: 2007..We expect that this will lead to an increased pace of discovery of pathogens implicated in disease, as well as genes of biological and biomedical importance. ..
- Herpesvirus latency and reactivation in macaque models of human diseaseTIMOTHY ROSE; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- PROMISE Trial: Dx CoreUdo Hoffmann; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Angiogenic tissue engineering to limit post-infarction ventricular remodelingY Joseph Woo; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Viral and cellular factors involved in KSHV entry in cells of the oral mucosaTIMOTHY ROSE; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- PROMISE Trial: Dx CoreUdo Hoffmann; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- A macaque model for AIDS-related oral malignanciesTIMOTHY ROSE; Fiscal Year: 2007..Such a model could directly impact the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of this devastating human disease. ..
- Angiogenesis and Cardiac Growth as Heart Failure TherapyY Woo; Fiscal Year: 2007..The candidate's institution, sponsor, and chairman provide a uniquely supportive, high-caliber, educationally stimulating environment highly conducive to the achievement of these goals. ..
- METABOLISM IN NORMAL AND OSTEOARTHRITIC CARTILAGEHenry Mankin; Fiscal Year: 1991..The receptors for this cytokine on normal and OA chondrocytes will be quantitated. Further definition of these cartilage metabolic pathways are of primary importance in our understanding of osteoarthritis...
- UPTAKE OF FLUOROQUINOLONE ANTIMICROBIALS BY PHAGOCYTESJohn Walters; Fiscal Year: 2000..Ultimately, this work could facilitate new approaches for treating infections by A.a. and other pathogens that resist phagocytic killing (e.g., Salmonella and Chlamydia). ..
- METABOLISM IN NORMAL AND OSTEOARTHRITIC CARTILAGEHenry Mankin; Fiscal Year: 2001..It is further speculated that the study of serine proteinases produced by OA cartilage may have strong implications for the management of this debilitating disease. ..
- Fine Needle Aspiration Biopsy(FNAB) Needle DeviceVinod Shidham; Fiscal Year: 2002..Apart from the worldwide market, the potential market in United States alone should exceed $1,500,000 per year. ..
- Uptake of Fluoroquinolones and Tetracyclines by GingivaJohn Walters; Fiscal Year: 2003..Strategies that optimize the uptake and distribution of antimicrobial agents should enhance the elimination of invasive pathogens from the periodontium and other types of mucosa. ..
- Viral Etiology of Kaposi's sarcoma-like TumorsTIMOTHY ROSE; Fiscal Year: 2005..Additional training and focused research in virology would allow Dr. Rose to expand upon his initial discovery and make further significant contributions in the fields of herpesviruses and viral pathogenicity. ..
- Minimally Invasive Approaches for Craniofacial SurgeryMaria Troulis; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Oxidative DNA Damage, DNA Repair and Oral CancerChun Yang Fan; Fiscal Year: 2006..By obtaining a K award, the PI will have the opportunity to develop skills for patient- oriented research under the direction of basic and clinical science mentors. ..
- Cardiac MDCT for Early Triage of Patients with ACSUdo Hoffmann; Fiscal Year: 2006....