Genomes and Genes
Summary: A benign tumor of fibrous or fully developed connective tissue.
Publications325 found, 100 shown here
- Surgical management of symptomatic cardiac fibromas in childrenBen Davies
Cardiac Surgical Unit, Royal Children s Hospital, Melbourne, Australia
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 133:254-5. 2007
- Primary cardiac tumours: eighteen years of surgical experience on 21 patientsNicolo Piazza
McGill University, 3755 Cote Ste Catherine Road, Montreal, Quebec H3T 1E2, Canada
Can J Cardiol 20:1443-8. 2004..The literature on primary cardiac tumours is relatively limited because of their rare occurrence...
- MRI of chondromyxoid fibromaHyun Soo Kim
Department of Radiology, Seoul St Mary s Hospital, School of Medicine, The Catholic University of Korea, Korea
Acta Radiol 52:875-80. 2011Chondromyxoid fibroma is a rare benign primary bone tumor of cartilage. Despite a characteristic radiographic appearance, chondromyxoid fibroma with atypical radiographic findings may mimic more common tumors.
- Fibroma of tendon sheath located within the ankle joint capsuleRiccardo Ciatti
Casa di Cura Villa Stuart, Rome, Italy
J Orthop Traumatol 10:147-50. 2009We report a very rare case of fibroma of the tendon sheath arising from the anteromedial ankle joint capsule, with no apparent connection to any tendon in the area, found in a 58-year-old patient complaining of progressive local swelling...
- From the archives of the AFIP: musculoskeletal fibromatoses: radiologic-pathologic correlationMark D Murphey
Department of Radiologic Pathology, Armed Forces Institute of Pathology, Building 54, Room M 133A, Washington, DC 20306, USA
Radiographics 29:2143-73. 2009..Superficial fibromatoses in adults (palmar and plantar) and children (calcifying aponeurotic fibroma, lipofibromatosis, and inclusion body fibromatosis) are often small slow-growing lesions; their diagnosis is ..
- Central odontogenic fibroma: new findings and report of a multicentric collaborative studyAdalberto Mosqueda-Taylor
Oral Pathology and Medicine, Departamento de Atención la Salud, Universidad Autonoma Metropolitana, Mexico City, Mexico
Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 112:349-58. 2011The aim of this study was to describe the clinicopathologic and immunohistochemical characteristics of 14 cases of central odontogenic fibroma (COF), and the ultrastructural features of 2 of them.
- Clinical usefulness of thallium-201 scintigraphy and magnetic resonance imaging in the diagnosis of chondromyxoid fibromaHiroaki Murata
Department of Orthopaedics, Graduate School of Medical Science, Kyoto Prefectural University of Medicine, Kawaramachi Hirokoji, Kamigyo ku, Kyoto, Japan
Ann Nucl Med 22:221-4. 2008Chondromyxoid fibroma (CMF) is a benign bone tumor. However, it is sometimes difficult to distinguish this tumor from chondrosarcoma. We report a rare case arising from the proximal fibula, presenting multimodality imaging features...
- Retrospective analysis of peripheral odontogenic fibroma (WHO-type) in BraziliansB G Garcia
Department of Oral Surgery, Oral Medicine and Oral Pathology, School of Dentistry, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais, Belo Horizonte, MG, Brazil
Minerva Stomatol 56:115-9. 2007The purpose of this study is to present data on a series of peripheral odontogenic fibroma, WHO (World Health Organization)-type (POF), in Brazilians and to compare the results with previously reported studies.
- Desmoplastic fibroblastoma (collagenous fibroma): a case identified in the buccal mucosaSílvia Ferreira de Sousa
Department of Oral Surgery and Pathology, School of Dentistry, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais, Belo Horizonte, Minas Gerais, Brazil
Head Neck Pathol 5:175-9. 2011..Histopathology and immunohistochemistry staining studies were performed, and a diagnosis of the desmoplastic fibroblastoma was made. The patient has been disease-free for one year...
- Low-grade (fibromatosis-like) spindle cell carcinoma of the breastN Sneige
Department of Pathology, University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 25:1009-16. 2001..Because FLSpCCs may be underdiagnosed as benign, the use of immunohistochemical studies, especially for cytokeratins and SMA, is essential in the evaluation of any spindle cell proliferations of the breast...
- Superficial acral fibromyxoma: a clinicopathological study of new 41 cases from the U.K.: should myxoma (NOS) and fibroma (NOS) continue as part of 21st-century reporting?R J Prescott
Department of Pathology, Blackburn Royal Infirmary, Blackburn, UK
Br J Dermatol 159:1315-21. 2008..Superficial acral fibromyxoma (SAF) remains poorly recognized by general pathologists and dermatopathologists, partly attributable to its relatively uncommon occurrence and recent documentation...
- Ovarian fibroma in the era of laparoscopic surgery: a general surgeon's experienceE Tarcoveanu
First Surgical Clinic, St Spiridon University Hospital, University of Medicine Gr T Popa Iasi, Romania
Acta Chir Belg 107:664-9. 2007The ovarian fibroma is a rare benign tumor originating from the connective tissue of the ovarian cortex. On occasion, the general surgeon may encounter ovarian fibroma while operating an acute abdomen...
- MR imaging of calcifying aponeurotic fibroma of the thighHyo Sung Kwak
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, Chonbuk National University Medical School, Chonbuk, South Korea
Pediatr Radiol 34:438-40. 2004Calcifying aponeurotic fibroma is a rare, benign soft-tissue proliferation that occurs in the distal extremities in children...
- Effects of aglepristone, a progesterone receptor antagonist, in a dog with a vaginal fibromaE Rollon
Small Animal Clinic Canymar, c Granja de San Ildefonso 5, 11007, Cadiz, Spain
J Small Anim Pract 49:41-3. 2008..This study shows that benign tumours of the vagina of the dog that contain progesterone receptors can be reduced in size in a palliative or neoadjuvant setting using the progesterone receptor antagonist aglepristone...
- Acquired reactive digital fibroma: a clinicopathologic report of 5 cases of a new entityJose A Plaza
Department of Pathology, Division of Dermatopathology at the Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, Wisconsin Electronic address
J Am Acad Dermatol 69:603-8. 2013..Fibroblastic proliferations in the dermis comprise a heterogeneous group of disorders that can pose diagnostic challenges...
- Superficial acral fibromyxomaO Quaba
Department of Plastic Surgery, Ninewells University Hospital, Dundee DD1 9SY, UK
Br J Plast Surg 58:561-4. 2005..We use this case to highlight the features of this rare clinical entity, which has never previously been described in the surgical literature...
- Perifollicular fibroma in Birt-Hogg-Dubé syndrome: an association revisitedMarianna Shvartsbeyn
Department of Pathology, New York University School of Medicine, New York, NY 10016, USA
J Cutan Pathol 39:675-9. 2012..indistinguishable from fibrofolliculoma/ trichodiscoma may show histopathologic findings of perifollicular fibroma or angiofibroma...
- Imaging study findings in elastofibroma dorsiJacques Malghem
Radiology and Medical Imaging Unit, Saint Luc University Hospitals, Catholic University of Louvain, Avenue Hippocrate, 10 B 1200 Brussels, Belgium
Joint Bone Spine 71:536-41. 2004..When the lesion exhibits typical imaging features and produces no symptoms, as is usually the case, further investigations are probably unnecessary...
- Pure sclerotic neurofibroma: a neurofibroma mimicking sclerotic fibromaM Carmen González-Vela
Department of Anatomical Pathology, Marques de Valdecilla University Hospital, University of Cantabria, Santander, Spain
J Cutan Pathol 33:47-50. 2006..Neurofibroma (NF) is a benign tumor of the nerve sheath. Several variants of NF have been described...
- A retrospective analysis of peripheral odontogenic fibroma in an Iranian populationMojgan Alaeddini
Dental Research Center, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran
J Oral Maxillofac Surg 68:2099-103. 2010The aim of this study was to assess the relative frequency of peripheral odontogenic fibroma (POdF) in an Iranian population and to compare the obtained data with previous reports.
- Literature survey on epidemiology and pathology of cardiac fibromaSuguru Torimitsu
Department of Surgical Pathology, Toho University School of Medicine, 6 11 1 Omori Nishi, Ota ku, Tokyo 143 8541, Japan
Eur J Med Res 17:5. 2012Although cardiac fibroma has been regarded as benign tumor, it presents various symptoms and may lead to death...
- Intramuscular dendritic fibromyxolipoma: myxoid variant of spindle cell lipoma?Rooshdiya Z Karim
Department of Anatomical Pathology, Royal Prince Alfred Hospital, Sydney, Australia
Pathol Int 53:252-8. 2003..In view of the similarities in many clinical and pathological features between SCL and DFML, we speculate that DFML probably represents an unusual variant of myxoid SCL...
- Dendritic fibromyxolipoma adherent to the median nerve in the forearmLars B Dahlin
Department of Hand Surgery, Skane University Hospital, Malmo, Sweden
J Plast Surg Hand Surg 46:120-3. 2012..The tumour was successfully excised with no complications...
- Central odontogenic fibroma-like tumors, hypodontia, and enamel dysplasia: review of the literature and report of a caseErich J Raubenheimer
Department of Oral Pathology, Medical University of Southern Africa, Box D24, Medunsa 0204, Republic of South Africa
Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 94:74-7. 2002A patient with multiple odontogenic fibroma-like tumors in the mandible and enamel dysplasia is presented, bringing the total number of cases reported in the literature to 3. In addition to these manifestations, this case had hypodontia...
- Focused extracorporeal shockwave therapy in Dupuytren's disease--a hypothesisKarsten Knobloch
Plastic, Hand and Reconstructive Surgery, Hannover Medical School, Germany
Med Hypotheses 76:635-7. 2011....
- Subungual pleomorphic fibromaYa Ju Hsieh
Department of Dermatology, Mackay Memorial Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
J Cutan Pathol 30:569-71. 2003Pleomorphic fibroma is a benign fibroblastic tumor characterized by pleomorphic, hyperchromatic cells or giant multinucleated cells embedded in a collagenous stroma...
- Different deformation patterns in intracardiac tumorsJavier Ganame
Pediatric Cardiology, University Hospitals Leuven, Herestraat 49, B 3000 Leuven, Belgium
Eur J Echocardiogr 6:461-4. 2005..The second child presented with a large cardiac fibroma as confirmed by pathological examination...
- [Chondromyxoid fibroma of bone: a rare benign bone tumor in children]L Rouas
Service d anatomie cytologie pathologique, Hôpital d Enfants, Rabat, Maroc
Rev Med Brux 25:521-4. 2004Chondromyxoid fibroma is a rare benign tumor that is typically found in the metaphyseal ends of long tubular bones, such as the tibia...
- [Radiation therapy for Morbus Ledderhose -- indication and clinical results]Michael Heinrich Seegenschmiedt
Klinik für Radioonkologie, Strahlentherapie und Nuklearmedizin, Alfried Krupp Krankenhaus, Essen, Deutschland
Strahlenther Onkol 179:847-53. 2003..We examined whether radiotherapy (RT) can effect symptoms and prevent disease progression...
- Non specific magnetic resonance features of chondromyxoid fibroma of the iliac boneE Yalniz
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Trakya University School of Medicine, Edirne, Turkey
J BUON 12:407-9. 2007Chondromyxoid fibroma is a benign cartilaginous neoplasm. The tumor is rare, perhaps the rarest of all bone tumors. It is more common in long bones and rare in pelvic bones...
- Maxillary ameloblastic fibroma: a case reportDaniela Otero Pereira da Costa
Department of Pathology, Fluminense Federal University, Niteroi, RJ, Brazil
Braz Dent J 22:171-4. 2011Ameloblastic fibroma is a relatively rare benign odontogenic tumor in which both the epithelial and ectomesenchymal components are neoplastic...
- Synchronous adult-type granulosa cell tumor of the ovary with ovarian fibroma: a case reportA Semczuk
IInd Department of Gynecology, Lublin University School of Medicine, Lublin, Poland
Eur J Gynaecol Oncol 32:691-4. 2011..a case of a 73-year-old woman showing coexistence of adult-type granulosa cell tumor in one ovary with ovarian fibroma in the other...
- PCNA and Ki-67 immunoreactivity in multinucleated cells of giant cell fibroma and peripheral giant cell granulomaA J Mighell
Division of Dental Surgery, Leeds Dental Institute, United Kingdom
J Oral Pathol Med 25:193-9. 1996..to the cell cycle, was undertaken in archival, formalin-fixed and paraffin-embedded specimens of giant cell fibroma (GCF) and peripheral giant cell granuloma (PGCG++)...
- Management of suprastomal tracheal fibroma: introduction of a new technique and comparison with other techniquesCourtney B Shires
Department of Otolaryngology, University of Tennessee, Memphis, TN, USA
Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol 73:67-72. 2009Suprastomal tracheal granuloma/fibroma (SSTGF) is a common cause of failure to decannulate following pediatric tracheostomy. Because larger lesions obstruct the trachea, it is necessary to remove them prior to decannulation...
- Identification of a giant cell fibromaSherri M Lukes
Dental Hygiene Program, Southern Illinois University, Carbondale, USA
J Dent Hyg 79:9. 2005..A giant cell fibroma, a type of fibrous hyperplasia, was discovered during a preventive patient visit in the dental hygiene clinic at ..
- Surgical resection of ventricular cardiac fibromas: early and late resultsJohn M Cho
Division of Cardiovascular Surgery, Mayo Medical Center, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 76:1929-34. 2003..Cardiac fibromas are rare tumors. Indications for and preferred type of operation are controversial, and little is known about early and late results of operation...
- Chondromyxoid fibroma of frontal bone: a case report and review of the literatureTayfun Hakan
Haydarpaşa Numune Teaching and Research Hospital Neurosurgery Department, Istanbul, Turkey
Turk Neurosurg 18:249-53. 2008Chondromyxoid fibroma is an unusual benign tumor of cartilaginous tissues that may be confused with other some malign tumors. It is rarely seen in the skull. A 45-year-old female was admitted with painless bony swelling in the forehead...
- Survival after resection of primary cardiac tumors: a 48-year experienceAndrew W ElBardissi
MPH, Department of Surgery, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, 75 Francis Street, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Circulation 118:S7-15. 2008..To date, however, there have been no studies examining survival characteristics of patients who undergo surgical resection...
- Bilateral presentation of fibroadenoma with digital fibroma-like inclusions in the male breastSandra J Shin
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine Starr 1009, New York Presbyterian Hospital Weill Medical College of Cornell University, 525 E 68th St, New York, NY 10021, USA
Arch Pathol Lab Med 131:1126-9. 2007..To the best of our knowledge, this is the first reported case of bilaterally occurring fibroadenomas in the male breast, one of which also contained digital fibroma-like inclusions, a second unreported phenomenon.
- Symptomatic plantar fibroma with a unique sonographic appearanceDaniel W Haun
Department of Radiology, Logan College of Chiropractic, 1851 Schoettler Road, Chesterfield, MO 63006 1065, USA
J Clin Ultrasound 40:112-4. 2012We present a case of a solitary plantar fibroma with unique sonographic features with MRI and pathologic correlation. A 25-year-old woman presented with a left foot mass that interfered with her gait...
- Central odontogenic fibroma of mandible: a case report and review of the literatureJohn Spencer M Daniels
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, King Fahd Central Hospital, Gizan, Saudi Arabia
Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 98:295-300. 2004Central odontogenic fibroma is an extremely rare benign tumor, accounting for less than 0.1% of all odontogenic tumors...
- Cardiac tumors and associated arrhythmias in pediatric patients, with observations on surgical therapy for ventricular tachycardiaChristina Y Miyake
Department of Cardiology, Children s Hospital Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 58:1903-9. 2011..The aim of this study was to describe a large experience with primary cardiac tumors in pediatric patients, characterize associated arrhythmias, and expand knowledge of natural history and treatment options...
- Giant fibroma of the right ventricleVita Zidere
The Latvian State Cardiology Centre for Children, Children s Hospital Gailezers, Riga, Latvia
Cardiol Young 12:584-6. 2002..We have successfully treated a 1-year old girl with a giant fibroma of the right ventricle using the principles of the Batista procedure...
- Usual and unusual MRI findings of ovarian fibroma: correlation with pathologic findingsKazuhiro Kitajima
Department of Radiology, Dokkyo Medical University School of Medicine, Shimotuka gun, Tochigi, Japan
Magn Reson Med Sci 7:43-8. 2008..We illustrate typical and atypical magnetic resonance (MR) imaging findings of ovarian fibromas and correlate them with histopathologic findings...
- Plantar fibromatosisThomas Zgonis
Connecticut Reconstructive Foot Surgeons, 21 Woodland Street, Suite 221, Hartford, CT 06105, USA
Clin Podiatr Med Surg 22:11-8. 2005..This article reviews the history, clinical presentation, pathologic findings, and surgical approaches to the treatment of plantar fibromatosis...
- Solitary sclerotic fibroma of skin: a possible link with pleomorphic fibroma with immunophenotypic expression for O13 (CD99) and CD34Muhammad N Mahmood
Department of Pathology, Henry Ford Hospital, Detroit, MI 48202, USA
J Cutan Pathol 30:631-6. 2003Solitary sclerotic fibroma (SF) presents as a well circumscribed dermal nodule, composed of sparse spindle cells with alternating wavy collagen fibers arranged in a storiform pattern...
- Pleomorphic sclerotic fibroma: a case report and literature reviewT Minsue Chen
Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX, USA
Am J Dermatopathol 24:54-8. 2002Pleomorphic sclerotic fibroma is a benign neoplasm exhibiting features of sclerotic fibroma and pleomorphic fibroma. We report another such case. The tumor presented as a firm, 0...
- Left ventricular cardiac fibroma in a child presenting with ventricular tachycardiaStacy Stratemann
Vanderbilt University Medical Center, 1211 22nd Avenue South, Nashville, TN 37232 0002, USA
Pediatr Cardiol 29:223-6. 2008..a 7-year-old boy, with a first episode of symptomatic tachycardia, who was found to have a left ventricular (LV) fibroma. He had a normal echocardiogram prior to an electrophysiology study, which revealed a sustained monomorphic ..
- Left ventricular fibroma mimicking an acute coronary syndromeHrvoje Gasparovic
Department of Cardiac Surgery, University Hospital Rebro Zagreb, Zagreb, Croatia
Ann Thorac Surg 82:1891-2. 2006..Radical surgical resection was undertaken and was considered curative, as the mass histology was consistent with a benign fibroma.
- Cardiac fibroma in an infant: complete resection after a Blalock-Taussig shunt as initial palliationCheul Lee
Department of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, Sejong Cardiovascular Center, Sejong General Hospital, Bucheon, Korea
Ann Thorac Surg 90:1011-4. 2010..This palliation allowed discharge from the hospital and provided good relief for the cyanosis until the tumor became resectable. The pathologic examination revealed a cardiac fibroma.
- Incidence and treatment of recurrent plantar fibromatosis by surgery and postoperative radiotherapyEelco de Bree
Department of Surgical Oncology, The Netherlands Cancer Institute Antoni van Leeuwenhoek Huis, Plesmanlaan 121, 1066 CX Amsterdam, Netherlands
Am J Surg 187:33-8. 2004..The incidence of plantar fibromatosis (PF) is unknown. Sometimes PF tends to recur repetitively after surgical treatment. In our institute we have used postoperative radiotherapy in an attempt to diminish the change on recurrence...
- Immunohistochemical expression of mast cell tryptase in giant cell fibroma and inflammatory fibrous hyperplasia of the oral mucosaPedro Paulo de Andrade Santos
Oral Pathology, Federal University of Rio Grande do Norte, Natal, Rio Grande do Norte, Brazil
Arch Oral Biol 56:231-7. 2011..In addition, the results suggest the involvement of mast cells in the induction of fibrosis and modulation of endothelial cell function in GCFs...
- Twisted ovarian fibroma with high signal intensity on T1-weighted MR image: a new sign of torsion of ovarian tumors?F Minutoli
Institute of Radiologic Sciences, University of Messina, Policlinico G Martino, Italy
Eur Radiol 11:1151-4. 2001..We report a case of twisted ovarian fibroma whose main characteristic was the presence of large areas of high signal intensity on both T1- and T2-weighted MR ..
- Giant cell fibroma: a case reportMariana Minatel Braga
FUNDECTO University of São Paulo, Dental Research Center São Leopoldo Mandic
J Clin Pediatr Dent 30:261-4. 2006This article describes a case of giant cell fibroma in a 3-year-old boy, which is an uncommon age for this lesion. The cause of this pathology has not been determined...
- [Chondromyxoid fibroma]L A Semenova
Arkh Patol 69:37-40. 2007Chondromyxoid fibroma is a benign chondroid tissue tumor characterized by the lobular overgrowth of stellate or elongated cells in the myxoid or chondroid intracellular matrix. There may be giant multinucleate cells...
- Ovarian fibroma in a 7-month-old infant: a case report and review of the literatureYi Ju Chen
Department of Pathology, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, 123 Ta Pei Road, Niao Sung Hsiang, Kaohsiung, County 833, Taiwan
Pediatr Surg Int 20:894-7. 2004Ovarian fibroma rarely occurs in prepubertal girls. We report an ovarian fibroma in a 7-month-old female infant presenting as a right abdominal mass...
- Surgical issues in giant right ventricular fibromaBrojendra N Agarwala
Section of Pediatric Cardiology, University of Chicago Children s Hospital, Illinois 60637, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 78:328-30. 2004Cardiac fibroma is a rare and benign tumor usually seen in infants and children. We report a 3-year-old asymptomatic child who presented with a giant right ventricular (RV) fibroma...
- Pedunculated endocardial left ventricular fibroma presenting with cerebral and bilateral peripheral embolizationAhmad K Darwazah
Heliopolis Cardiac Centre, National Cancer Institute, Cairo University, Cairo, Egypt
Ann Thorac Surg 89:965-7. 2010Left ventricular fibroma is a rare benign tumour of the heart. We present the case of a 24-year-old man with left hemiplegia and bilateral popliteal artery occlusion associated with left ventricular mass...
- Recurrence of plantar fibromatosis after plantar fasciectomy: single-center long-term resultsWillem M van der Veer
Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, VU University Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Plast Reconstr Surg 122:486-91. 2008..The goal of this study was to determine the recurrence rate of plantar fibromatosis after plantar fasciectomy at the authors' institute during the past three decades and the factors associated with an increased risk for recurrence...
- Giant right ventricular fibroma co-existing atrial septal defect in a 15 year old girlAdel Dimassi
Department of Cardiology, Cardiothoracic Center of Monaco, Monte Carlo, Monaco
Cardiol Young 19:630-2. 2009..Surgical excision is the treatment of choice if the tumour causes either arrhythmia or cavitary obstruction. In this report, we describe a giant ventricular fibroma co-existing with an atrial septal defect in a girl aged 15 years.
- Papillary fibroelastoma of the heart: report of two cases and review of the literatureF Darvishian
Department of Pathology, North Shore University Hospital, Manhasset, NY 11030, USA
Ann Clin Lab Sci 31:291-6. 2001..We report 2 cases of symptomatic papillary fibroelastoma, both of which presented with a stroke. Both patients underwent uneventful open-heart surgery. The literature is reviewed, with a compilation of 79 cases...
- Scintigraphic characteristics of non-ossifying fibroma in military recruits undergoing bone scintigraphy for suspected stress fractures and lower limb painsNir Hod
Institute of Nuclear Medicine, Medical Services and Supply Center, Medical Corps, IDF, Jerusalem, Israel
Nucl Med Commun 28:25-33. 2007Non-ossifying fibroma (NOF) is the most common fibrous bone lesion in children and young adults. This benign lesion is not a true neoplasm but is considered a developmental defect...
- [Plantar fibromatosis with marked cutaneous involvement]H L de Almeida
Hautarzt 52:236-9. 2001..Intralesional therapy with corticosteroids did not reduce the lesions. After surgical treatment, the lesions recurred...
- Mineralized fibroma of the tendon sheath presenting as a bursitisThomas Le Corroller
Service de Radiologie, Hopital Sainte Marguerite, 270 Boulevard de Sainte Marguerite, 13009, Marseille, France
Skeletal Radiol 37:1141-5. 2008..imaging-including ultrasound, computed tomography, and magnetic resonance imaging-and histological features of a fibroma of the tendon sheath with mineralized chondroid and osseous metaplasia, presenting as a semimembranosus bursitis...
- Intra-articular fibroma of tendon sheath involving the scapholunate and radiocarpal jointsGeorge S Athwal
Hospital for Special Surgery, 535 East 70th Street, New York, NY 10021, USA
Skeletal Radiol 35:599-602. 2006b>Fibroma of tendon sheath is an uncommon benign soft tissue tumor with a predilection for the hand. A unique case involving the scapholunate and radiocarpal joints with bone erosion is reported...
- Incidence, clinical analysis, and management of ovarian fibromas and fibrothecomasAbdellatif Chechia
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Charles Nicolle Hospital, Tunis, Tunisia
Am J Obstet Gynecol 199:473.e1-4. 2008..The objective of the study was to identify the incidence, diagnosis, and therapeutic and histological particularities of ovarian fibromas and fibrothecomas...
- Intraarticular fibroma of the posterior compartment in the knee. A case reportJin Hwan Ahn
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Samsung Medical Center, Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine, Seoul, South Korea
Knee 15:155-8. 2008..The microscopic diagnosis was a fibroma, which is a rare entity in this location...
- Ovarian fibroma: a review on the clinical characteristics, diagnostic difficulties, and management options of 23 casesSee Wai Leung
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Prince of Wales Hospital, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, SAR, China
Gynecol Obstet Invest 62:1-6. 2006..We review clinical characteristics, diagnostic difficulties, and our experience in the surgical management of ovarian fibromas...
- Chondromyxoid fibromaAdam M Budny
Nason Hospital, Roaring Spring, PA, USA
J Foot Ankle Surg 47:153-9. 2008Chondromyxoid fibroma is an uncommon benign cartilaginous tumor accounting for less than 1% of all bone tumors...
- Central odontogenic fibroma: a case reportUgo Covani
School of Dental Medicine and Nanoworld Institute, University of Genova, Italy
Med Oral Patol Oral Cir Bucal 10:E154-7. 2005The aim of this case report was to analyze clinical and histological features of a central odontogenic fibroma followed up for 6 years after surgical excision.
- Response of extraabdominal desmoid tumors to therapy with imatinib mesylateJoseph Mace
Division of Medical Oncology, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Michigan Medical Center, Comprehensive Cancer Center, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109, USA
Cancer 95:2373-9. 2002..Imatinib mesylate appears to demonstrate inhibitory activity against multiple class 3 receptor tyrosine kinases, including platelet-derived growth factor receptor (PDGFR)-alpha and PDGFR-beta, as well as c-kit...
- Malignant solitary fibrous tumor of the tongueYelizaveta Shnayder
Department of Otolaryngology, New York University School of Medicine, NY 10016, USA
Am J Otolaryngol 24:246-9. 2003..Presentation, differential diagnosis, criteria for malignancy, treatment, and possible prognostic implications of this rare entity are discussed...
- Cellular fibromas of the ovary: a study of 75 cases including 40 mitotically active tumors emphasizing their distinction from fibrosarcomaJulie A Irving
Department of Pathology, Vancouver General Hospital and the University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Am J Surg Pathol 30:929-38. 2006Cellular fibroblastic tumors of the ovary are currently classified as either cellular fibroma (CF) or fibrosarcoma...
- Cardiac fibroma in an infant: single ventricle palliation as a bridge to heart transplantationBenjamin R Waller
Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, South Carolina 29425, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 75:1306-8. 2003..This palliation served as a successful bridge to heart transplantation at 7 months of age. Pathologic examination revealed cardiac fibroma.
- Primary cardiac tumours in a paediatric populationR A Elderkin
Queensland Centre for Congenital Heart Disease, Prince Charles Hospital, Chermside, Queensland, Australia
J Paediatr Child Health 38:173-7. 2002..To review the presentation, diagnosis, histology and outcome of primary cardiac tumours presenting to a paediatric cardiac unit over a 20-year period...
- Correlation between clinicopathological features and karyotype in 100 cartilaginous and chordoid tumours. A report from the Chromosomes and Morphology (CHAMP) Collaborative Study GroupGiovanni Tallini
Department of Pathology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, USA
J Pathol 196:194-203. 2002..and parosteal or soft tissue chondroma, alterations of chromosome arm 6q with chondromyxoid fibroma, +7 with bone chondrosarcoma, and 17p1 alterations with grade 3 chondrosarcoma...
- Nuchal-type fibroma of the buttock: magnetic resonance imaging findingsGyung Kyu Lee
Department of Radiology, Hallym University College of Medicine, Hangang Sacred Heart Hospital, Seoul, Korea
Jpn J Radiol 28:538-41. 2010Nuchal-type fibroma, first described in 1988 by Enzinger and Weiss, is a rare fibrous growth occurring predominantly in the interscapular and paraspinous regions...
- Intra-articular fibroma of tendon sheath of the shoulder joint: synovial fibromaG Hermann
Department of Radiology, Mount Sinai Medical Center, New York, NY, USA
Skeletal Radiol 35:603-7. 2006..Histologically, the loose bodies were composed of a benign fibroblastic lesion with diagnostic features of fibroma of tendon sheath, each surfaced by synoviocytes...
- Papillary fibroelastoma of the right atrium as an unusual source of recurrent pulmonary embolismDavide Gabbieri
Divisions of Cardiovascular Surgery, Hesperia Hospital, Modena, Italy
J Cardiovasc Med (Hagerstown) 7:373-8. 2006..The case is unusual with respect to the site of origin of the papillary fibroelastoma as well as its clinical presentation, which is clearly related to pulmonary embolization...
- Locally aggressive central odontogenic fibroma associated to an inflammatory cyst: a clinical, histological and immunohistochemical studyIñaki Cercadillo-Ibarguren
Oral Surgery and Implantology Department, Barcelona University Dental School, Barcelona, Spain
J Oral Pathol Med 35:513-6. 2006..A cyst with an important inflammatory infiltrate was, moreover, observed...
- Intraarticular fibroma of the tendon sheath arising from the infrapatellar fat pad in the knee jointOsman Aynaci
Department of Orthopedics and Traumatology, Karadeniz Technical University Medical School, Trabzon, Turkey
Arch Orthop Trauma Surg 129:291-4. 2009We report a rare case of fibroma of the tendon sheath arising from the fat pad in the knee. To our knowledge, only four previous cases of fibroma of the tendon sheath in the knee have been reported in the English literature...
- Calcifying aponeurotic fibroma with osseous involvement of the finger: a case report with radiologic and US findingsSoo Jung Choi
Department of Radiology, Asan Foundation, Gangneung Asan Hospital, University of Ulsan College of Medicine, Sachun Myun, Gangneung, Korea
Korean J Radiol 9:91-3. 2008Calcifying aponeurotic fibroma is a rare soft tissue tumor that occurs in the distal extremities of children and adolescents...
- Central odontogenic fibroma with osteoid formation showing atypical radiographic appearanceM Araki
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Radiology, Nihon University School of Dentistry, Japan
Dentomaxillofac Radiol 38:426-30. 2009..both a diffuse sclerotic border and calcified bodies, which was eventually diagnosed as a central odontogenic fibroma. The patient was a 40-year-old man with a painless radiolucent area in the crown area of the unerupted left lower ..
- Mohs micrographic surgery for a problematic infantile digital fibromaLisa B Campbell
Department of Dermatology, Geisinger Medical Center, Danville, Pennsylvania 17822, USA
Dermatol Surg 33:385-7. 2007
- Odontogenic fibroma: a clinicopathological study of 15 casesHung Pin Lin
Graduate Institute of Clinical Dentistry, National Taiwan University, Taipei, Taiwan
J Formos Med Assoc 110:27-35. 2011Odontogenic fibroma (ODF) is a rare odontogenic tumor. It can be further divided into peripheral odontogenic fibroma (PODF) and central odontogenic fibroma (CODF)...
- Vascular complications associated with a large cardiac fibromaF Patane
Cardiac Surgery Department, San Giovanni Battista Hospital, Turin, Italy
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 20:636-8. 2001..The post-surgical course was regular and the tumour was identified histologically as a fibroma.
- Chondromyxoid fibroma: a rare tumor with an unusual locationElias Fotiadis
General Hospital of Veria, Veria, Greece
Arch Orthop Trauma Surg 128:371-5. 2008Chondromyxoid fibroma constitutes a rare benign tumor of the bones, which has a potential of regional enlargement towards the local tissues...
- Ovarian thecoma: clinicopathological analysis of 50 casesAna Lia Nocito
Pathology Department, School of Medicine, Universidad Nacional de Rosario, 2000 Argentina
Ann Diagn Pathol 12:12-6. 2008..b>Fibroma and thecoma seem to be different neoplasms and should be considered distinct, separate entities because they have ..
- Juvenile juxtacortical chondromyxoid fibroma of bone: a case reportDarshana Jhala
Department of Pathology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Louisville, KY 35233, USA
Hum Pathol 39:960-5. 2008Conventional intramedullary chondromyxoid fibroma (CMF) is a rare benign tumor of bone; juxtacortical lesions are rarer still, and juxtacortical lesions occurring in children are heretofore essentially unreported...
- Juxtacortical chondromyxoid fibroma of bone: a unique variant: a case study of 20 patientsAllyson C Baker
Department of Pathology, University of Alabama School of Medicine, Birmingham, AL 35233, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 31:1662-8. 2007Chondromyxoid fibroma (CMF) is a rare neoplasm of the appendicular skeleton of young adults...
- Fibroma of tendon sheath of the infrapatellar fat pad in the kneeJunkou Okada
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Gunma University Graduate School of Medicine, Gunma, 371 8511, Japan
Clin Imaging 33:406-8. 2009..Perioperative observation revealed that the tumor was partly adhesive to the anterior knee joint capsule, but not to the patellar tendon...
- Fibroma of tendon sheath originating from the knee joint capsuleToshiaki Hitora
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Kobe University School of Medicine, 7 5 1 Kusunoki cho, Chuo Ku, Kobe, Japan
Clin Imaging 26:280-3. 2002We present a rare case of fibroma of the tendon sheath originating from the posterior joint capsule of the knee in a 50-year-old man. Magnetic resonance (MR) imaging revealed a lesion posterior to the medial femoral condyle...
- Cystic ameloblastic fibromaA Usubutun
Department of Pathology, Hacettepe University School of Medicine, Ankara, Turkey
Br J Oral Maxillofac Surg 40:512-4. 2002
- Unusual presentation of fibroma of tendon sheathS Boms
Dermatology 214:336-7. 2007
- Cardiac papillary fibroelastoma: a comprehensive analysis of 725 casesRamesh M Gowda
Division of Cardiology, Long Island College Hospital, Brooklyn, NY, USA
Am Heart J 146:404-10. 2003..DATA COLLECTIONS: Cases, case series and related articles on the subject in all languages were identified through a comprehensive literature search...
- Papillary fibroelastoma of the aortic valve: evaluation with transesophageal echocardiography and magnetic resonance imagingJun Shiraishi
Second Department of Medicine, Kyoto Prefectural University of Medicine, Kyoto, Japan
Jpn Heart J 44:799-803. 2003..The histopathologic diagnosis was papillary fibroelastoma. When a tumor of the aortic valve exists, these examinations are useful in detecting and characterizing the tumor for optimal treatment...
- Papillary fibroelastoma of the left atrial wall: a case reportMurat Bicer
Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, University Hospital and Medical Faculty of Geneva, Geneva, Switzerland
J Cardiothorac Surg 4:28. 2009..The patient was treated surgically for the prevention of further embolic complications. Pertinent literature is also reviewed for this rare and benign cardiac tumor...
- Intracardiac fibroma in nevoid-basal cell carcinoma (gorlin) syndrome: tissue characterization by strain rate imagingLinda B Pauliks
Tufts New England Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Echocardiography 23:79-80. 2006
- Superficial acral fibromyxoma: report of two casesD V Kazakov
Department of Dermatology, University Hospital, Zurich, Switzerland
Dermatology 205:285-8. 2002..In conclusion, SAFM represents a distinct entity in the spectrum of cutaneous myxoid tumors. The differential diagnosis of SAFM includes various myxoid neoplasms and tumors with a predilection for distal parts of the extremities...
- [Metaplastic spindle-cell (fibromatosis-like) carcinoma of the breast--report of 4 cases]Z Kinkor
Oddĕlení patologie FN Na Bulovce, Praha
Cesk Patol 38:164-8. 2002..Differential diagnosis of this unusual variant of metaplastic breast carcinoma is discussed together with related therapeutic issues...
- Elastofibroma dorsi as differential diagnosis in tumors of the thoracic wallClemens Schafmayer
Department for General Surgery and Thoracic Surgery, University Hospital of Schleswig Holstein, Kiel, Germany
Ann Thorac Surg 82:1501-4. 2006..Histology from the specimen was consistent with elastofibroma dorsi with free resection margins...
- REGULATION OF P53 EXPRESSION BY C7 TRANSCRIPTION FACTORDavid Strayer; Fiscal Year: 1999..C7 is encoded by a gene present in malignant rabbit fibroma virus, MV...
- PATHOGENESIS OF MALIGNANT FIBROMATOSISDavid Strayer; Fiscal Year: 2001..We propose to study the pathogenesis of malignant fibromatosis elicited by malignant rabbit fibroma virus (MV) as a function of the virus ability to manipulate apoptosis and cell cycle progression...
- DNASES DURING INFECTION BY VACCINIA AND SHOPE FIBROMABeatriz Pogo; Fiscal Year: 1980..along with wild-type virus), (2) to investigate the transitory stimulation of host DNA synthesis with Shope fibroma virus, an agent involved in the etiology of benign tumors, and (3) to develop a cell-free system to study the ..
- Cardiac MDCT for Early Triage of Patients with ACSUdo Hoffmann; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Aggressive Periodontitis and Formylpeptide Receptor SNPsJohn Walters; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- A macaque model for AIDS-related oral malignanciesTIMOTHY ROSE; Fiscal Year: 2007..Such a model could directly impact the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of this devastating human disease. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Oxidative DNA Damage, DNA Repair and Oral CancerChun Yang Fan; Fiscal Year: 2006..By obtaining a K award, the PI will have the opportunity to develop skills for patient- oriented research under the direction of basic and clinical science mentors. ..
- Minimally Invasive Approaches for Craniofacial SurgeryMaria Troulis; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Viral Etiology of Kaposi's sarcoma-like TumorsTIMOTHY ROSE; Fiscal Year: 2005..Additional training and focused research in virology would allow Dr. Rose to expand upon his initial discovery and make further significant contributions in the fields of herpesviruses and viral pathogenicity. ..
- Uptake of Fluoroquinolones and Tetracyclines by GingivaJohn Walters; Fiscal Year: 2003..Strategies that optimize the uptake and distribution of antimicrobial agents should enhance the elimination of invasive pathogens from the periodontium and other types of mucosa. ..
- Fine Needle Aspiration Biopsy(FNAB) Needle DeviceVinod Shidham; Fiscal Year: 2002..Apart from the worldwide market, the potential market in United States alone should exceed $1,500,000 per year. ..
- METABOLISM IN NORMAL AND OSTEOARTHRITIC CARTILAGEHenry Mankin; Fiscal Year: 2001..It is further speculated that the study of serine proteinases produced by OA cartilage may have strong implications for the management of this debilitating disease. ..
- Angiogenesis and Cardiac Growth as Heart Failure TherapyY Woo; Fiscal Year: 2008..The candidate's institution, sponsor, and chairman provide a uniquely supportive, high-caliber, educationally stimulating environment highly conducive to the achievement of these goals. ..