Genomes and Genes
Summary: A benign tumor of fibrous or fully developed connective tissue.
Publications260 found, 100 shown here
- Cardiac valve papillary fibroelastoma: surgical excision for revealed or potential embolizationAdam C Yopp
Department of Surgery, Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Maimonides Medical Center, Brooklyn, New York 11219, USA
J Card Surg 22:72-3. 2007..We report here a case of pulmonary valve papillary fibroelastoma that was successfully managed with simple excision of the mass...
- Fibroma of tendon sheath located within the ankle joint capsuleRiccardo Ciatti
Casa di Cura Villa Stuart, Rome, Italy
J Orthop Traumatol 10:147-50. 2009We report a very rare case of fibroma of the tendon sheath arising from the anteromedial ankle joint capsule, with no apparent connection to any tendon in the area, found in a 58-year-old patient complaining of progressive local swelling...
- [Plantar fibromatosis with marked cutaneous involvement]H L de Almeida
Hautarzt 52:236-9. 2001..Intralesional therapy with corticosteroids did not reduce the lesions. After surgical treatment, the lesions recurred...
- Ovarian fibroma: a review on the clinical characteristics, diagnostic difficulties, and management options of 23 casesSee Wai Leung
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Prince of Wales Hospital, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, SAR, China
Gynecol Obstet Invest 62:1-6. 2006..We review clinical characteristics, diagnostic difficulties, and our experience in the surgical management of ovarian fibromas...
- Chondromyxoid fibromaAdam M Budny
Nason Hospital, Roaring Spring, PA, USA
J Foot Ankle Surg 47:153-9. 2008Chondromyxoid fibroma is an uncommon benign cartilaginous tumor accounting for less than 1% of all bone tumors...
- Central odontogenic fibroma: a case reportUgo Covani
School of Dental Medicine and Nanoworld Institute, University of Genova, Italy
Med Oral Patol Oral Cir Bucal 10:E154-7. 2005OBJECTIVE: The aim of this case report was to analyze clinical and histological features of a central odontogenic fibroma followed up for 6 years after surgical excision...
- Intraarticular fibroma of the posterior compartment in the knee. A case reportJin Hwan Ahn
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Samsung Medical Center, Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine, Seoul, South Korea
Knee 15:155-8. 2008..The microscopic diagnosis was a fibroma, which is a rare entity in this location...
- Intraarticular fibroma of the tendon sheath arising from the infrapatellar fat pad in the knee jointOsman Aynaci
Department of Orthopedics and Traumatology, Karadeniz Technical University Medical School, Trabzon, Turkey
Arch Orthop Trauma Surg 129:291-4. 2009We report a rare case of fibroma of the tendon sheath arising from the fat pad in the knee. To our knowledge, only four previous cases of fibroma of the tendon sheath in the knee have been reported in the English literature...
- Ovarian thecoma: clinicopathological analysis of 50 casesAna Lia Nocito
Pathology Department, School of Medicine, Universidad Nacional de Rosario, 2000 Argentina
Ann Diagn Pathol 12:12-6. 2008..b>Fibroma and thecoma seem to be different neoplasms and should be considered distinct, separate entities because they have ..
- Intra-articular fibroma of tendon sheath involving the scapholunate and radiocarpal jointsGeorge S Athwal
Hospital for Special Surgery, 535 East 70th Street, New York, NY 10021, USA
Skeletal Radiol 35:599-602. 2006b>Fibroma of tendon sheath is an uncommon benign soft tissue tumor with a predilection for the hand. A unique case involving the scapholunate and radiocarpal joints with bone erosion is reported...
- Incidence, clinical analysis, and management of ovarian fibromas and fibrothecomasAbdellatif Chechia
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Charles Nicolle Hospital, Tunis, Tunisia
Am J Obstet Gynecol 199:473.e1-4. 2008..The objective of the study was to identify the incidence, diagnosis, and therapeutic and histological particularities of ovarian fibromas and fibrothecomas...
- Mineralized fibroma of the tendon sheath presenting as a bursitisThomas Le Corroller
Service de Radiologie, Hopital Sainte Marguerite, 270 Boulevard de Sainte Marguerite, 13009, Marseille, France
Skeletal Radiol 37:1141-5. 2008..imaging-including ultrasound, computed tomography, and magnetic resonance imaging-and histological features of a fibroma of the tendon sheath with mineralized chondroid and osseous metaplasia, presenting as a semimembranosus bursitis...
- Central odontogenic fibroma with osteoid formation showing atypical radiographic appearanceM Araki
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Radiology, Nihon University School of Dentistry, Japan
Dentomaxillofac Radiol 38:426-30. 2009..both a diffuse sclerotic border and calcified bodies, which was eventually diagnosed as a central odontogenic fibroma. The patient was a 40-year-old man with a painless radiolucent area in the crown area of the unerupted left lower ..
- Nuchal-type fibroma of the buttock: magnetic resonance imaging findingsGyung Kyu Lee
Department of Radiology, Hallym University College of Medicine, Hangang Sacred Heart Hospital, Seoul, Korea
Jpn J Radiol 28:538-41. 2010Nuchal-type fibroma, first described in 1988 by Enzinger and Weiss, is a rare fibrous growth occurring predominantly in the interscapular and paraspinous regions...
- Unusual presentation of fibroma of tendon sheathS Boms
Dermatology 214:336-7. 2007
- Odontogenic fibroma: a clinicopathological study of 15 casesHung Pin Lin
Graduate Institute of Clinical Dentistry, National Taiwan University, Taipei, Taiwan
J Formos Med Assoc 110:27-35. 2011Odontogenic fibroma (ODF) is a rare odontogenic tumor. It can be further divided into peripheral odontogenic fibroma (PODF) and central odontogenic fibroma (CODF)...
- Chondromyxoid fibroma: a rare tumor with an unusual locationElias Fotiadis
General Hospital of Veria, Veria, Greece
Arch Orthop Trauma Surg 128:371-5. 2008Chondromyxoid fibroma constitutes a rare benign tumor of the bones, which has a potential of regional enlargement towards the local tissues...
- Fibroma of tendon sheath of the infrapatellar fat pad in the kneeJunkou Okada
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Gunma University Graduate School of Medicine, Gunma, 371 8511, Japan
Clin Imaging 33:406-8. 2009..Perioperative observation revealed that the tumor was partly adhesive to the anterior knee joint capsule, but not to the patellar tendon...
- Elastofibroma dorsi: CT and MR imaging findingsS Kudo
Department of Radiology, Saga Medical School, Nabeshima 5--1-1, Saga, Saga, 849--8501 Japan
Semin Musculoskelet Radiol 5:103-5. 2001..It can be easily diagnosed on computed tomography or magnetic resonance images and should not be mistaken for a malignant tumor...
- Intracardiac fibroma in nevoid-basal cell carcinoma (gorlin) syndrome: tissue characterization by strain rate imagingLinda B Pauliks
Tufts-New England Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Echocardiography 23:79-80. 2006
- Elastofibroma dorsi as differential diagnosis in tumors of the thoracic wallClemens Schafmayer
Department for General Surgery and Thoracic Surgery, University Hospital of Schleswig-Holstein, Kiel, Germany
Ann Thorac Surg 82:1501-4. 2006..Histology from the specimen was consistent with elastofibroma dorsi with free resection margins...
- [Metaplastic spindle-cell (fibromatosis-like) carcinoma of the breast--report of 4 cases]Z Kinkor
Oddĕlení patologie FN Na Bulovce, Praha
Cesk Patol 38:164-8. 2002..Differential diagnosis of this unusual variant of metaplastic breast carcinoma is discussed together with related therapeutic issues...
- Bilateral elastofibroma of the thighs with concomitant subscapular lesionsAkifumi Nishida
Department of Radiology, Nagasaki University School of Medicine, 1 7 1 Sakamoto, Nagasaki 852 8501, Japan
Skeletal Radiol 32:116-8. 2003..Although bilateral involvement of the thighs is exceptional, the presence of concomitant characteristic bilateral subscapular lesions was helpful in making the diagnosis of elastofibroma...
- Solitary fibrous tumour of the tongue: a case report with immunohistochemical studiesY Yamashita
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Saga Medical School, Nabeshima, Saga, Japan
Int J Oral Maxillofac Surg 31:681-3. 2002..We report here case of SFT arising from the tongue of a 75-year-old woman. To our knowledge, this is the second case reported of SFT originating from the tongue...
- Superficial acral fibromyxoma: report of two casesD V Kazakov
Department of Dermatology, University Hospital, Zurich, Switzerland
Dermatology 205:285-8. 2002..In conclusion, SAFM represents a distinct entity in the spectrum of cutaneous myxoid tumors. The differential diagnosis of SAFM includes various myxoid neoplasms and tumors with a predilection for distal parts of the extremities...
- Papillary fibroelastoma of the aortic valve: evaluation with transesophageal echocardiography and magnetic resonance imagingJun Shiraishi
Second Department of Medicine, Kyoto Prefectural University of Medicine, Kyoto, Japan
Jpn Heart J 44:799-803. 2003..The histopathologic diagnosis was papillary fibroelastoma. When a tumor of the aortic valve exists, these examinations are useful in detecting and characterizing the tumor for optimal treatment...
- Cardiac papillary fibroelastoma: a comprehensive analysis of 725 casesRamesh M Gowda
Division of Cardiology, Long Island College Hospital, Brooklyn, NY, USA
Am Heart J 146:404-10. 2003..Asymptomatic patients with nonmobile CPF could be followed-up closely with periodic clinical evaluation and echocardiography, and receive surgical intervention when symptoms develop or the tumor becomes mobile...
- Papillary fibroelastoma of the left atrial wall: a case reportMurat Bicer
Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, University Hospital and Medical Faculty of Geneva, Geneva, Switzerland
J Cardiothorac Surg 4:28. 2009..The patient was treated surgically for the prevention of further embolic complications. Pertinent literature is also reviewed for this rare and benign cardiac tumor...
- [Papillary fibroelastoma of the aortic valve as a cause of sudden death: case report]M Tomsova
Fingerlanduv ustav patologie, Fakultní nemocnice, Hradec Kralove
Cesk Patol 39:76-9. 2003..At the autopsy a large papillary fibroelastoma of the aortic valve was found. This probably produced intermittent obstruction of the coronary artery ostia...
- Images in cardiovascular medicine. Late enhancement of a left ventricular cardiac fibroma assessed with gadolinium-enhanced cardiovascular magnetic resonanceFrancesco De Cobelli
Department of Radiology, San Raffaele Scientific Institute, Milan, Italy
Circulation 112:e242-3. 2005
- Central odontogenic fibroma interesting the maxillary sinus. A case report and literature surveyA Cicconetti
Department of Oral Surgery Medicine and Pathology, La Sapienza University of Rome, School of Dentistry, Rome, Italy
Minerva Stomatol 55:229-39. 2006Odontogenic fibroma (OF) is a rare benign odontogenic tumor deriving from the dental mesenchymal tissue and accounting for less than 5% of all odontogenic tumors...
- Solitary fibrous tumours of the lower gingiva: a case reportT Harada
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, School of Medicine, Shimane Medical University, Izumo, Japan
Int J Oral Maxillofac Surg 31:448-50. 2002..The expression of CD34 antigen and vimentin were useful for the differential diagnosis...
- Imaging study findings in elastofibroma dorsiJacques Malghem
Radiology and Medical Imaging Unit, Saint Luc University Hospitals, Catholic University of Louvain, Avenue Hippocrate, 10 B 1200 Brussels, Belgium
Joint Bone Spine 71:536-41. 2004..When the lesion exhibits typical imaging features and produces no symptoms, as is usually the case, further investigations are probably unnecessary...
- Central odontogenic fibroma of mandible: a case report and review of the literatureJohn Spencer M Daniels
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, King Fahd Central Hospital, Gizan, Saudi Arabia
Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 98:295-300. 2004Central odontogenic fibroma is an extremely rare benign tumor, accounting for less than 0.1% of all odontogenic tumors...
- Elastofibroma dorsi: A report on 6 casesSeddik Oueslati
Department of Radiology, hôpital Mahmoud Matri Ariana, Tunis, Tunisia
Acta Orthop Belg 72:237-42. 2006..We report six cases of elastofibroma dorsi, the clinical presentation and radiology findings are reviewed and compared with literature...
- A novel case of polyfibromatosis and interstitial granulomatous dermatitis with arthritisDaniel Litu Chen
Department of Dermatology, St Vincent's Hospital, Melbourne, Australia
J Am Acad Dermatol 55:S32-7. 2006..We report a case of the simultaneous occurrence of both conditions in the same individual. To our knowledge, this has not been previously described. The clinical course has been slow, progressive, and recalcitrant to treatment...
- Solitary fibrous tumor of the tongue: report of a case with immunohistochemical and ultrastructural studiesSang Ling Wu
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Texas - Houston Medical School, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Ann Diagn Pathol 6:168-71. 2002..Smooth muscle actin and S-100 protein are negative. Electron microscopy shows uniform neoplastic spindle cells with mesenchymal features. The differential diagnosis for spindle cell neoplasms in the tongue is discussed...
- Superficial collagenous fibroma: immunohistochemical, ultrastructural, and flow cytometric study of three cases, including one pemphigus vulgaris patient with a dermal massHsuan-Ying Huang
Department of Pathology, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Kaohsiung Medical Center, Chang Gung University, Taiwan
APMIS 110:283-9. 2002Collagenous fibroma (desmoplastic fibroblastoma) is an extremely rare benign soft tissue tumor of fibroblastic origin...
- Elastofibroma dorsi: histologic and echographic considerationsCarlo Cota
San Gallicano Dermatological Institute, San Gallicano, Rome, Italy
Int J Dermatol 45:1100-3. 2006..The differential diagnosis includes frequently observed subcutaneous neoplasms such as lipoma, fibrolipoma or more aggressive tumors. The diagnosis is made with histologic examination...
- Papillary fibroelastoma of the interatrial septum: a case reportJagdish Butany
Department of Pathology, Toronto General Hospital, University Health Network, Toronto, Ontario
J Card Surg 19:349-53. 2004..0 cm in diameter. While myxomas commonly arise from the interatrial septum, we present the rare example of a large papillary fibroelastoma arising from the left side of the interatrial septum...
- Hybrid odontogenic tumor of calcifying odontogenic cyst and ameloblastic fibromaJung Hoon Yoon
Department of Oral Pathology, College of Dentistry, Chosun University, Korea
Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 98:80-4. 2004..We report an odontogenic tumor that was composed of calcifying odontogenic cyst and ameloblastic fibroma that occurred in the right posterior maxilla of a 22-year-old Korean woman...
- Response of extraabdominal desmoid tumors to therapy with imatinib mesylateJoseph Mace
Division of Medical Oncology, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Michigan Medical Center, Comprehensive Cancer Center, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109, USA
Cancer 95:2373-9. 2002..In addition, the use of imatinib mesylate in the treatment of this neoplasm preferably should be in the context of a formal prospective clinical trial...
- An unusual case of multiple papillary fibroelastoma, review of literatureFatima Eslami-Varzaneh
Department of Pathology, Washington Hospital Center, 110 Irving Street NW, Washington, DC 20010-2975, USA
Cardiovasc Pathol 12:170-3. 2003..We report an unusual case of multiple papillary fibroelastomas in a woman, who initially was admitted because of a shortness of breath and recent cerebrovascular accident...
- Meigs syndrome revisitedAlexander J Nemeth
Department of Diagnostic Radiology and Nuclear Medicine, Rush Presbyterian St Luke s Medical Center, Chicago, IL 60612 3864, USA
J Thorac Imaging 18:100-3. 2003..The authors present a case of Meigs syndrome with an ovarian fibroma. They focus on the evaluation of pleural fluid in the setting of an ovarian mass and then briefly discuss the ..
- Ovarian fibroma: our experience of 34 casesG Gargano
Oncologic Gynaecology Division, Oncology Institute of Bari, Italy
Eur J Gynaecol Oncol 24:429-32. 2003Thirty-four cases of ovarian fibroma are reported. The early symptoms were pelvic pain and abnormal uterine bleeding...
- MR imaging of calcifying aponeurotic fibroma of the thighHyo Sung Kwak
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, Chonbuk National University Medical School, Chonbuk, South Korea
Pediatr Radiol 34:438-40. 2004Calcifying aponeurotic fibroma is a rare, benign soft-tissue proliferation that occurs in the distal extremities in children...
- Locally aggressive central odontogenic fibroma associated to an inflammatory cyst: a clinical, histological and immunohistochemical studyIñaki Cercadillo-Ibarguren
Oral Surgery and Implantology Department, Barcelona University Dental School, Barcelona, Spain
J Oral Pathol Med 35:513-6. 2006..A cyst with an important inflammatory infiltrate was, moreover, observed...
- Elastofibroma dorsi: ultrasound pattern in three patientsF M Solivetti
Operative Unit for Imaging Diagnostics, I R C C S Dermophisilopathological Hospital San Gallicano and Santa Maria, I F O, University of Rome Tor Vergata, Policlinico Tor Vergata, Rome, Italy
J Exp Clin Cancer Res 22:565-9. 2003..Therefore, the less expensive ultrasound diagnosis, as a major method of screening for elastofibroma dorsi, would seem to be a reasonable proposal...
- Iatrogenic cardiac papillary fibroelastoma: a study of 12 cases (1990 to 2000)Anil N Kurup
Mayo Medical School, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN, USA
Hum Pathol 33:1165-9. 2002..In conclusion, iatrogenic PFEs may be relatively common among all such tumors, are frequently multiple, and often involve nonvalvular endocardial surfaces...
- Role of the hedgehog/patched signaling pathway in oncogenesis: a new polymorphism in the PTCH gene in ovarian fibromaSonja Levanat
Laboratory of Molecular Oncology, Division of Molecular Medicine, Ruder Boskovic Institute, Bijenicka 54, HR 10000 Zagreb, Croatia
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1030:134-43. 2004..Loss of heterozygosity findings in the PTCH locus and increased expression of several genes in the pathway strongly suggest that the pathway is involved in both ovarian fibroma and dermoids.
- Solitary sclerotic fibroma of the oral mucosaM Carmen González-Vela
Am J Dermatopathol 26:519-20. 2004
- Cardiac fibroma as an inherited manifestation of nevoid basal-cell carcinoma syndromeTorsten Bossert
Department of Cardiac Surgery, Heart Center, University of Leipzig, 04289 Leipzig, Germany
Tex Heart Inst J 33:88-90. 2006..was reconstructed after a partial ventriculectomy Histologic investigation showed a completely resected benign fibroma. The 30-year-old mother was known to have nevoid basal-cell carcinoma syndrome, which can be associated with ..
- Infantile digital fibroma treated with mohs micrographic surgeryJohn G Albertini
Brooke Army Medical Center, Fort Sam Houston, TX, USA
Dermatol Surg 28:959-61. 2002Infantile digital fibroma (IDF) is a rare benign fibrous tumor of childhood that frequently recurs despite local excision. Conservative, nonsurgical management may result in regression and/or joint deformity.
- Superficial fibromatoses are genetically distinct from deep fibromatosesE Montgomery
Department of Pathology, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21205 2196, USA
Mod Pathol 14:695-701. 2001..This difference may account inpart for their divergent clinical manifestations despite their morphologic resemblance to deep fibromatoses...
- Low-grade (fibromatosis-like) spindle cell carcinoma of the breastN Sneige
Department of Pathology, University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 25:1009-16. 2001..Because FLSpCCs may be underdiagnosed as benign, the use of immunohistochemical studies, especially for cytokeratins and SMA, is essential in the evaluation of any spindle cell proliferations of the breast...
- Imbalances of chromosomes 4, 9, and 12 are recurrent in the thecoma-fibroma group of ovarian stromal tumorsRenae C Streblow
Departments of Pathology and Microbiology, University of Nebraska Medical Center, 983135 Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NE 68198 3135, USA
Cancer Genet Cytogenet 178:135-40. 2007..cytogenetic data indicate that gain of chromosome 9 in addition to gain of chromosome 12 is prominent in cellular fibroma. In contrast, loss of chromosomes 4 and/or 9 are recurrent in fibroma...
- Solitary fibrous tumor of the oral soft tissues: a clinicopathologic and immunohistochemical study of 16 casesF Alawi
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology, New York Hospital Medical Center of Queens, Flushing, New York, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 25:900-10. 2001..We also include a comparison and brief review of the clinicopathologic and immunohistochemical features of other spindle cell tumors of the oral cavity, from which SFTs must be differentiated...
- The role of noncartilage-specific molecules in differentiation of cartilaginous tumors: lessons from chondroblastoma and chondromyxoid fibromaSalvatore Romeo
Department of Pathology, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
Cancer 110:385-94. 2007Chondroblastoma (CB) and chondromyxoid fibroma (CMF) are benign tumors of bone morphologically recapitulating cartilage differentiation. CMF can resemble high-grade central chondrosarcoma (HGCCS) because of its cellular atypia...
- Clinical and echocardiographic characteristics of papillary fibroelastomas: a retrospective and prospective study in 162 patientsJ P Sun
Cardiovascular Imaging Center, Department of Cardiology, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
Circulation 103:2687-93. 2001..Because of the potential for embolic events, symptomatic patients, patients undergoing cardiac surgery for other lesions, and those with highly mobile and large CPFs should be considered for surgical excision...
- Papillary fibroelastoma: echocardiographic characteristics for diagnosis and pathologic correlationK W Klarich
Division of Cardiovascular Diseases and Internal Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 30:784-90. 1997..We sought to determine the clinical and echocardiographic characteristics of papillary fibroelastoma (PFE)...
- Chondromyxoid fibroma of the mandible: a diagnostic pitfall on aspiration cytology of parotidYahya Daneshbod
Acta Cytol 52:636-8. 2008
- Subperiosteal chondromyxoid fibroma: a report of two casesRyan K Takenaga
Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD, USA
Iowa Orthop J 27:104-7. 2007Chondromyxoid fibroma is a rare cartilage tumor that represents less than 1% of all bone tumors. When in a long bone, it is usually an intramedullary lesion that is eccentrically located in the metaphyseal region...
- Pseudopapillary fibroelastoma of the mitral valveE Madu
Department of Medicine, Medical College of Ohio, Toledo
J Natl Med Assoc 87:68-70. 1995..Histologic staining, however, failed to reveal characteristic features of papillary fibroelastoma...
- CT and MR imaging of benign primary cardiac neoplasms with echocardiographic correlationP A Araoz
Department of Radiology, Mayo Clinic, 200 First St SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Radiographics 20:1303-19. 2000..Familiarity with these imaging features and with the relative effectiveness of these modalities is essential for prompt diagnosis and effective treatment...
- Collagenous fibroma (desmoplastic fibroblastoma): genetic link with fibroma of tendon sheath?R Sciot
Department of Pathology, University of Leuven, Belgium
Mod Pathol 12:565-8. 1999We observed clonal chromosome abnormalities in two fibrous soft tissue tumors diagnosed as collagenous fibroma (desmoplastic fibroblastoma)...
- Left atrial papillary fibroelastoma: a rare cause of multiple cerebral emboliSiamak Mohammadi
Department of Cardiac Surgery, Laval Hospital, Quebec City, Quebec, Canada
Ann Thorac Surg 84:1396-7. 2007..The microscopic examination demonstrated a papillary fibroelastoma. The unusual localization and management of papillary fibroelastomas are discussed...
- Surgery for papillary fibroelastoma with uncommon location in left ventricleAlberto Domenech
Division of Cardiovascular Surgery, Hospital Italiano, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Asian Cardiovasc Thorac Ann 18:174-6. 2010..A 59-year-old woman with 2 previous strokes presented with a tumor in the left ventricular apex. The patient underwent tumor resection through a left ventriculotomy. The histopathologic diagnosis was papillary fibroelastoma...
- [Juvenile aponeurotic fibroma. A case report with a review of the literature]M Rahmi
, CHU Ibn Rochd, Casablanca, Maroc
Chir Main 21:33-5. 2002Juvenile aponeurotic fibroma is a rare benign tumour which occurs mainly in young patients under 20 years of age and especially during childhood. Clinical presentation is a unique, hard and painless tumour of the palm or sole...
- Multiple papillary fibroelastomas of the aortic valve: case reportNaoya Matsumoto
Int J Cardiol 122:e1-3. 2007..Upon surgery, a tumor was found on each aortic cusp. Pathological findings of these tumors were consistent with those of papillary fibroelastoma...
- Multifocal "tapete" papillary fibroelastomaK B Law
Department of Pathology, Toronto General Hospital University Health Network, Toronto, Ontario M5G 2C4, Canada
J Clin Pathol 62:1066-70. 2009..It is believed that this is the first reported instance of surgically resected and morphologically confirmed multiple PFEs seen and removed at one operation...
- Papillary fibroelastoma of the aortic valve: operative approaches upon incidental discoveryRaja R Gopaldas
Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Michael E DeBakey Veterans Affairs Medical Center and Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Tex Heart Inst J 36:160-3. 2009..We discuss the pathophysiology of fibroelastomas of the aortic valve and operative approaches to the management of these tumors when they are discovered incidentally...
- "Perilous pearl"--papillary fibroelastoma of aortic valve: a case report and literature reviewDamodar Kumbala
VA Medical Center Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, Indiana 46202, USA
Angiology 59:625-8. 2008..Diagnosis was made by transesophageal echocardiogram, and the tumor was resected surgically...
- Infantile digital fibroma/fibromatosis: a clinicopathologic and immunohistochemical study of 69 tumors from 57 patients with long-term follow-upWilliam B Laskin
Department of Pathology, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 33:1-13. 2009The clinicopathologic and immunohistochemical features of 69 pediatric examples of infantile digital fibroma/fibromatosis (IDF) were analyzed...
- Incidental finding of a papillary fibroelastoma of the mitral valve chordaeSherif Moustafa
Division of Cardiology, Hopital du Sacre Coeur de Montreal, University of Montreal, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Eur J Echocardiogr 9:745-6. 2008..Owing to the risk of embolic complications, surgery was emergently performed with complete resection of the mass and preservation of the mitral valve. Histological evaluation confirmed the diagnosis of CPF...
- Elastofibroma dorsi: prevalence in an elderly patient population as revealed by CTE A Brandser
Department of Radiology, University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City 52242, USA
AJR Am J Roentgenol 171:977-80. 1998..The diagnosis is often missed prospectively. Familiarity with the location and imaging appearance of elastofibroma dorsi may enhance detection and characterization of posterolateral chest wall masses in elderly patients...
- Papillary fibroelastoma of the pulmonic valve: evaluation by echocardiography and magnetic resonance imagingJon C George
Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, University Hospitals Case Medical Center, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Echocardiography 25:433-5. 2008..The patient underwent repair of the mitral valve and excision of the pulmonic valve mass, which was confirmed as a papillary fibroelastoma by histology...
- A case report of synchronous osteoblastoma and fibromatosisH M O'Dwyer
Department of Radiology, Vancouver General Hospital, University of British Columbia, Canada
Br J Radiol 81:e68-71. 2008..To our knowledge, this is the first case report in the English literature of a patient with synchronous presentation of an osteoblastoma and fibromatosis...
- Cardiac papillary fibroelastoma-a volatile variantSascha Goonewardena
University of Chicago Hospitals, Section of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Echocardiography 22:536-7. 2005
- A rare case of a cardiac papillary fibroelastoma of the pulmonary valve diagnosed by echocardiographyMatthew J Costa
Department of Medicine, Division of Cardiology, North Shore University Hospital, Manhasset, New York 11030, USA
Int J Cardiovasc Imaging 22:199-203. 2006..The majority of fibroelastomas have been described on the left side of the heart involving the aortic and mitral valves. We present a rare case of a papillary fibroelastoma occurring on the pulmonic valve...
- The carney complex: unusual skin findings and recurrent cardiac myxomaKenneth R Bennett
Arch Dermatol 141:916-8. 2005
- [Soft tissue tumors and pseudotumors of the foot and ankle]V Bousson
Service de radiologie ostéo articulaire, Hôpital Lari boisière, 2, rue Ambroise Pare, 75010 Paris
J Radiol 89:21-34. 2008..Selected soft tissue tumors will be described and illustrated with emphasis on these 5 elements...
- Tumoral, quasitumoral and pseudotumoral lesions of the superficial and somatic soft tissue: new entities and new variants of old entities recorded during the last 25 years. Part II: Excerpta IM Bisceglia
, IRCCS-Ospedale Casa Sollievo della Sofferenza, San Giovanni Rotondo, Italy
Pathologica 96:121-42. 2004
- [Perivascular neoplasms of skin and soft tissues. A review]T Mentzel
Dermatopathologische Gemeinschaftspraxis, Friedrichshafen
Pathologe 26:134-45. 2005..PEComas represent an enigmatic family of neoplasms composed of perivascular epithelioid, clear, and spindled tumour cells characterized by a coexpression of melanocytic and myogenic markers...
- Excision of a cardiac papillary fibroelastoma with the use of a fiberscopeYuji Matsuo
Division of Cardiovascular Surgery, Takeda General Hospital, Aizuwakamatsu City, Japan
J Card Surg 22:54-5. 2007..Our experience encourages us to use the fiberscope when resecting other intracardiac masses, including thrombi...
- Rapidly growing mass on the tricuspid valve in an elderly woman: a diagnostic dilemmaClaire Dow
Royal London Hospital, Healthcare of the Elderly, London, UK
Age Ageing 34:185-6. 2005..Papillary fibroelastoma is a rare, benign cardiac valve tumour, which can mimic conditions such as atrial myxoma and infective endocarditis...
- Papillary fibroelastoma and Lambl's excrescences: echocardiographic diagnosis and differential diagnosisEleanor Daveron
Division of Cardiology, LSU Health Sciences Center, New Orleans, Louisiana, USA
Echocardiography 22:285-7. 2005
- Tumoral, quasitumoral and pseudotumoral lesions of the superficial and somatic soft tissue: new entities and new variants of old entities recorded during the last 25 years. Part V: excerpta IIIM Bisceglia
Department of Pathology, IRCCS Casa Sollievo della Sofferenza, San Giovanni Rotondo, Italy
Pathologica 96:481-95. 2004
- Papillary fibroelastoma and Lambl's excrescences: echocardiographic diagnosis and differential diagnosisEleanor Daveron
Division of Cardiology, LSU Health Sciences Center, New Orleans, Louisiana, USA
Echocardiography 22:461-3. 2005
- Cellular digital fibromas: distinctive CD34-positive lesions that may mimic dermatofibrosarcoma protuberansJennifer M McNiff
Departments of Dermatology and Pathology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT, USA
J Cutan Pathol 32:413-8. 2005..Digital fibromas are common benign acral tumors typically reported as angiofibromas (AFs) or acquired digital fibrokeratomas (ADFs). Cellular variants are not well recognized...
- [Heart tumors: magnetic resonance imaging and multislice spiral CT]G A Krombach
Klinik für Radiologische Diagnostik, Universitatsklinikum Aachen
Rofo 177:1205-18. 2005..This article provides an overview of examination protocols of MRI and CT for cases in which a cardiac mass is suspected and describes the appearance of primary and secondary cardiac masses as well as intracavitary thrombi...
- [A survey of heart tumors: clinical and echocardiographic approach]Vildan Karpuz
Istanbul Bilim Universitesi Tip Fakültesi, Patoloji Anabilim Dali, Istanbul, Turkiye
Anadolu Kardiyol Derg 7:427-35. 2007..Metastases to the heart are usually approached symptomatically except for exceptional cases...
- Papillary fibroelastoma of the mitral valve in an 8-month-old infantHidajeta Begić
Pediatric Clinic, University Clinical Centre, Trnovac bb, 75, 000 Tuzla, Bosnia Herzegovina
Eur J Pediatr 167:685-6. 2008..We report an 8-month-old asymptomatic female infant with papillary fibroelastoma of the mitral valve, discovered by echocardiograph examination...
- A calcified cardiac massM Bilal Iqbal
Int J Cardiol 115:e126-8. 2007..Histological examination confirmed the diagnosis of a cardiac fibroma. Complete excision of cardiac fibromas, where possible, is advised and is associated with excellent survival.
- A 52-year-old man with a mass in the perineal region. PerineuriomaLuigi Marra
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, National Cancer Institute Fondazione Pascale, Naples, Italy
Arch Pathol Lab Med 130:e87-9. 2006
- CT and MRI of pericardial and cardiac neoplastic diseaseEdwin J R van Beek
Department of Radiology, Carver College of Medicine, University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa 52242 1077, USA
Cancer Imaging 7:19-26. 2007..This article reviews the pathological classification of cardiac and pericardial neoplasms, the incidence of the various tumor types, and the role of CT and MRI, including their major differences and clinical impact on patient management...
- Paratesticular mammary-type myofibroblastomaP Mukonoweshuro
Histopathology 50:396-7. 2007
- Cardiac papillary fibroelastoma presenting with acute coronary syndrome and syncopeAlberto Maestroni
Department of Emergency Medicine, Ospedale Maggiore, Mangiagalli e Regina Elena, IRCCS Fondazione Policlinico, Milano, Italy
Acta Cardiol 61:363-5. 2006..For symptomatic patients surgical excision is curative...
- Recurrent strokes in a young patient with papillary fibroelastoma: a case report and literature reviewAbed E Dehnee
Department of Medicine, Section of Cardiology, Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center, Chicago, Illinois 60657, USA
Echocardiography 23:592-5. 2006..The echocardiographic characteristics along with treatment options are reviewed...
- Unusual presentation of papillary fibroelastoma: utility of serial transesophageal echocardiogramsTushar R Vora
Department of Cardiology, Cardiothoracic Division, State University of New York at Buffalo, Buffalo, NY, USA
Echocardiography 21:69-71. 2004..This case is unusual with respect to the size and site of origin of the papillary fibroelastoma as well as its echocardiographic presentation mimicking vegetations on a pacemaker wire...
- A 48-year-old woman with multiple pulmonary nodules and a right ventricular massKelsey Gray
Department of Internal Medicine, Denver Health Medical Center, 660 Bannock St, M.C. 4000, Denver, CO 80204, USA
Chest 130:1248-51. 2006
- Recurrent solitary fibrous tumor of the falx cerebri with intraventricular extension: case reportKohsuke Teranishi
Department of Neurosurgery, Juntendo University Shizuoka Hospital, Izunokuni, Shizouka, Japan
Neurol Med Chir (Tokyo) 47:269-72. 2007..The differential diagnosis of SFT in the central nervous system from fibrous meningioma and hemangiopericytoma requires immunohistochemistry and electron microscopy...
- GENES CONTROLLING NEOPLASIA OF THE INTESTINAL EPITHELIUMWilliam Dove; Fiscal Year: 2007..heterozygotes do any adenomas form that retain an active, functional wildtype Apc allele? Aim Ic Does desmoid fibroma formation in Mid+ heterozygotes also involve loss of the wildtype Apc allele? Aim Id: Does the silencing pathway ..
- PATHOGENESIS OF MALIGNANT FIBROMATOSISDavid Strayer; Fiscal Year: 2001..We propose to study the pathogenesis of malignant fibromatosis elicited by malignant rabbit fibroma virus (MV) as a function of the virus ability to manipulate apoptosis and cell cycle progression...
- Clinically relevant molecular subtypes in leiomyosarcomaJAN MATT VAN DE RIJN; Fiscal Year: 2010..In this grant we will develop a clinically robust classifier of molecular subtypes of leiomyosarcoma, improve outcome prediction, and identify novel potential treatment options for LMS. ..
- Molecular Characterization of Leiomyosarcoma and GISTJAN VAN DE RIJN; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- Aggressive Periodontitis and Formylpeptide Receptor SNPsJohn Walters; Fiscal Year: 2007..Targeted therapeutic intervention to eliminate pathogens prior to clinical expression of AP could mitigate periodontal destruction, minimize functional and esthetic problems related to tooth loss, and reduce the cost of dental care. ..
- CODEHOP: Unique web-based technology for gene discoveryTIMOTHY ROSE; Fiscal Year: 2007..We expect that this will lead to an increased pace of discovery of pathogens implicated in disease, as well as genes of biological and biomedical importance. ..
- Herpesvirus latency and reactivation in macaque models of human diseaseTIMOTHY ROSE; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- PROMISE Trial: Dx CoreUdo Hoffmann; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Angiogenic tissue engineering to limit post-infarction ventricular remodelingY Joseph Woo; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Viral and cellular factors involved in KSHV entry in cells of the oral mucosaTIMOTHY ROSE; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- PROMISE Trial: Dx CoreUdo Hoffmann; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- A macaque model for AIDS-related oral malignanciesTIMOTHY ROSE; Fiscal Year: 2007..Such a model could directly impact the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of this devastating human disease. ..
- Angiogenesis and Cardiac Growth as Heart Failure TherapyY Woo; Fiscal Year: 2007..The candidate's institution, sponsor, and chairman provide a uniquely supportive, high-caliber, educationally stimulating environment highly conducive to the achievement of these goals. ..
- METABOLISM IN NORMAL AND OSTEOARTHRITIC CARTILAGEHenry Mankin; Fiscal Year: 1991..The receptors for this cytokine on normal and OA chondrocytes will be quantitated. Further definition of these cartilage metabolic pathways are of primary importance in our understanding of osteoarthritis...
- UPTAKE OF FLUOROQUINOLONE ANTIMICROBIALS BY PHAGOCYTESJohn Walters; Fiscal Year: 2000..Ultimately, this work could facilitate new approaches for treating infections by A.a. and other pathogens that resist phagocytic killing (e.g., Salmonella and Chlamydia). ..
- METABOLISM IN NORMAL AND OSTEOARTHRITIC CARTILAGEHenry Mankin; Fiscal Year: 2001..It is further speculated that the study of serine proteinases produced by OA cartilage may have strong implications for the management of this debilitating disease. ..
- Fine Needle Aspiration Biopsy(FNAB) Needle DeviceVinod Shidham; Fiscal Year: 2002..Apart from the worldwide market, the potential market in United States alone should exceed $1,500,000 per year. ..
- Uptake of Fluoroquinolones and Tetracyclines by GingivaJohn Walters; Fiscal Year: 2003..Strategies that optimize the uptake and distribution of antimicrobial agents should enhance the elimination of invasive pathogens from the periodontium and other types of mucosa. ..
- Viral Etiology of Kaposi's sarcoma-like TumorsTIMOTHY ROSE; Fiscal Year: 2005..Additional training and focused research in virology would allow Dr. Rose to expand upon his initial discovery and make further significant contributions in the fields of herpesviruses and viral pathogenicity. ..
- Minimally Invasive Approaches for Craniofacial SurgeryMaria Troulis; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Oxidative DNA Damage, DNA Repair and Oral CancerChun Yang Fan; Fiscal Year: 2006..By obtaining a K award, the PI will have the opportunity to develop skills for patient- oriented research under the direction of basic and clinical science mentors. ..
- Cardiac MDCT for Early Triage of Patients with ACSUdo Hoffmann; Fiscal Year: 2006....