Genomes and Genes
Summary: Pathological processes consisting of the union of the opposing surfaces of a wound.
Publications193 found, 100 shown here
- Molecular characterization of postoperative adhesions: the adhesion phenotypeGhassan M Saed
Division of Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Wayne State University, Detroit, Michigan, USA
J Am Assoc Gynecol Laparosc 11:307-14. 2004..To date, approaches to limit adhesions primarily have involved barriers to separate tissue during reepithelization...
- Methylene blue prevents surgery-induced peritoneal adhesions but impairs the early phase of anastomotic wound healingSoykan Dinc
Department of General Surgery, Ankara Oncology Training and Research Hospital, Turkey
Can J Surg 49:321-8. 2006..In recent years, methylene blue (MB) has been reported to be an effective agent for preventing peritoneal adhesions. However, its effects on the wound healing process are unknown...
- Reduction of postoperative adhesions with an auto-crosslinked hyaluronan gel in gynaecological laparoscopic surgery: a blinded, controlled, randomized, multicentre studyV Mais
Division of Gynecology, Obstetrics and Pathophysiology of Human Reproduction, Department of Surgery, Maternal Fetal Medicine and Imaging, University of Cagliari, Italy
Hum Reprod 21:1248-54. 2006Following myomectomy, postoperative adhesions occur in many patients with adverse effects on fertility...
- Evaluation of adhesion formation and host tissue response to intra-abdominal polytetrafluoroethylene mesh and composite prosthetic meshBrent D Matthews
Department of Surgery, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
J Surg Res 123:227-34. 2005....
- Prevention of peritoneal adhesions by intraperitoneal administration of vitamin E: an experimental study in ratsFernando de la Portilla
Coloproctology Unit, Department of General Surgery, , Huelva, Spain
Dis Colon Rectum 47:2157-61. 2004..Previous studies have shown dietary supplements of vitamin E to reduce the incidence of postoperative peritoneal adhesions. The objective of this study was to show the effect of intramuscular or intraperitoneal administration of ..
- Consequences and complications of peritoneal adhesionsH van Goor
Department of Surgery, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Colorectal Dis 9:25-34. 2007..b>Adhesions to the ventral abdominal wall are responsible for the majority of trocar injuries...
- Evaluation of hyaluronic acid sheet for the prevention of postlaminectomy adhesionsTsuyoshi Kato
Department of Spinal and Orthopaedic Surgery, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, Graduate School of Medicine, 1-5-45 Yushima, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo 113-5819, Japan
Spine J 5:479-88. 2005..Hyaluronic acid (HA) solution and gel have been reported to be effective in preventing adhesions postlaminectomy; however, neither has been used clinically after spinal surgery...
- Effectiveness of auto-crosslinked hyaluronic acid gel in the prevention of intrauterine adhesions after hysteroscopic surgery: a prospective, randomized, controlled studyMaurizio Guida
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Naples Federico II, Via S. Pansini 5, 80131 Naples, Italy
Hum Reprod 19:1461-4. 2004..the efficacy of auto-crosslinked hyaluronic acid (ACP) gel to prevent the development of de-novo intrauterine adhesions following hysteroscopic surgery...
- Fewer adhesions induced by laparoscopic surgery?C N Gutt
Department of General, Visceral and Trauma Surgery, Ruprecht Karls University, Im Neuenheimer Feld 110, 69120, Heidelberg, Germany
Surg Endosc 18:898-906. 2004..Laparoscopic surgery has potential theoretical advantages over open surgery in reducing the rate of adhesion formation, but very few comparative studies are available to prove this...
- Camptothecin-loaded films for the prevention of postsurgical adhesionsJ Cashman
ARC Pharmaceuticals Inc, University of British Columbia, 102 2386 East Mall, Vancouver BC, Canada
Inflamm Res 53:355-62. 2004..The purpose of this work was to investigate the local application of camptothecin (CPT), a drug with anti-inflammatory, antiproliferative and antiangiogenic properties, as an inhibitor of surgical adhesion formation in rats...
- Role of laparoscopy in identifying the clinical significance and cause of adhesions and chronic pelvic pain: a retrospective review at the Kiel School of Gynecological EndoscopyLiselotte Mettler
Kiel School of Gynecological Endoscopy, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University Hospitals Schleswig Holstein, Campus Kiel, Michaelisstrasse 16, Kiel 24105, Germany
JSLS 11:303-8. 2007We sought to define the role of laparoscopy in identifying the clinical significance, cause, and association between adhesions and chronic pelvic pain.
- Prevention of peritendinous adhesions following flexor tendon injury with seprafilmAdnan Menderes
Dokuz Eylul University, Faculty of Medicine, Department of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery, Izmir, Turkey
Ann Plast Surg 53:560-4. 2004Peritendinous adhesions are the most important complication of flexor tendon injury. In this study, Seprafilm was used for the prevention of peritendinous adhesions following flexor tendon repair...
- Mast cells facilitate local VEGF release as an early event in the pathogenesis of postoperative peritoneal adhesionsRonan A Cahill
Department of Academic Surgery, Cork University Hospital, Ireland
Surgery 140:108-12. 2006..Peritoneal mast cells are likely to initiate this process, whereas vascular permeability/endothelial growth factor (VEGF) may facilitate the degree to which subsequent adhesion formation occurs...
- Can arthrocentesis release intracapsular adhesions? Arthroscopic findings before and after irrigation under sufficient hydraulic pressureShinya Yura
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Tonami General Hospital, 1 6 Shintomi cho, Tonami City, Toyama ken 939 1395, Japan
J Oral Maxillofac Surg 61:1253-6. 2003To investigate the effect of release of intra-articular adhesions of arthrocentesis, we examined patients with closed lock of the temporomandibular joint by arthroscopy before and after irrigation.
- Impact of adhesions in colorectal surgeryR Bhardwaj
Department of Surgery, Darent Valley Hospital, Kent, UK
Colorectal Dis 9:45-53. 2007The extent of the problem of adhesions is considerable and poses a significant burden on healthcare systems, the workload of surgeons and the lives of patients...
- Expression of connective tissue growth factor in intra-abdominal adhesionsKlaus Thaler
Department of Colorectal Surgery, Cleveland Clinic-Florida, 2950 Cleveland Clinic Boulevard, Weston, FL 33331, USA
Dis Colon Rectum 45:1510-9. 2002..was to determine the expression pattern of connective tissue growth factor in postoperative intra-abdominal adhesions. METHODS: Adhesions were created in 46 Sprague-Dawley rats by complete dissection and resuturing of a peritoneal ..
- Effectiveness of auto-cross-linked hyaluronic acid gel in the prevention of intrauterine adhesions after hysteroscopic adhesiolysis: a prospective, randomized, controlled studyGiuseppe Acunzo
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University of Naples Federico II, Via S Pansini 5, 80131 Naples, Italy
Hum Reprod 18:1918-21. 2003A prospective, randomized, controlled study was performed to assess the efficacy of auto-cross-linked hyaluronic acid (ACP) gel in preventing the development of intrauterine adhesions following hysteroscopic adhesiolysis.
- Intrauterine adhesions after conservative and surgical management of spontaneous abortionWing Hung Tam
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Chinese University of Hong Kong, Prince of Wales Hospital, Shatin, New Territories, Hong Kong
J Am Assoc Gynecol Laparosc 9:182-5. 2002STUDY OBJECTIVE: To determine the frequency of intrauterine adhesions (IUA) after conservative management, medical evacuation, and surgical evacuation for spontaneous abortion...
- A randomized, controlled pilot study of the safety and efficacy of 4% icodextrin solution in the reduction of adhesions following laparoscopic gynaecological surgeryG S diZerega
University of Southern California Keck School of Medicine, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Hum Reprod 17:1031-8. 2002BACKGROUND: Adhesion-related readmissions are frequent sequelae to gynaecological surgery. Attempts to prevent adhesions by separating healing peritoneal surfaces include site-specific barriers and hydroflotation by instilled solutions...
- Prevention of postoperative abdominal adhesions by a novel, glycerol/sodium hyaluronate/carboxymethylcellulose-based bioresorbable membrane: a prospective, randomized, evaluator-blinded multicenter studyZane Cohen
Department of Surgery, Mount Sinai Hospital, University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada
Dis Colon Rectum 48:1130-9. 2005INTRODUCTION: Postoperative abdominal adhesions are associated with significant morbidity and mortality, placing a substantial burden on healthcare systems worldwide...
- Reduction of postoperative perineural adhesions by Hyaloglide gel: an experimental study in the rat sciatic nervePhong Dam-Hieu
Experimental Neurosurgery Laboratory, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Bicetre, Faculte de Medecine Paris Sud, Le Kremlin Bicetre, France
Neurosurgery 56:425-33; discussion 425-33. 2005..To assess the effects of Hyaloglide gel (or auto-cross-linked polysaccharide [ACP] gel; Fidia Advanced Biopolymers, Abano Terme, Italy), a hyaluronan-derivative polymer, on peripheral nerve scarring and nerve regeneration...
- The role of laparoscopic adhesiolysis in the treatment of patients with chronic abdominal pain or recurrent bowel obstructionVafa Shayani
Department of Surgery, Loyola University Medical Center, Maywood, IL 60153, USA
JSLS 6:111-4. 2002..Laparoscopic adhesiolysis may provide relief of symptoms in patients with prior abdominal surgery with chronic abdominal pain or recurrent bowel obstruction...
- Expression of transforming growth factor beta isoform mRNA in injured peritoneum that healed with adhesions and without adhesions and in uninjured peritoneumMichael L Freeman
Division of Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Detroit Medical Center, Wayne State University, Detroit, Michigan, USA
Fertil Steril 80:708-13. 2003..the mRNA levels of transforming growth factor beta (TGF-beta) isoforms 1, 2, and 3 among surgically injured peritoneum that healed with adhesions, surgically injured peritoneum that healed without adhesions, and uninjured peritoneum.
- Prevention of intraperitoneal adhesions by intraperitoneal lavage and intraperitoneal 5-fluorouracil: experimental studiesSophie R Pestieau
The Washington Cancer Institute, Washington Hospital Center, District of Columbia 20010, USA
Int Surg 87:195-200. 2002Postoperative adhesions remain the leading cause of small bowel obstruction. Peritoneal adhesions were induced in 180 rats by scraping the cecum and burning the adjacent parietal peritoneum by electrocoagulation...
- Laparoscopic lysis of adhesionsRitu Chopra
Center for Minimally Invasive Surgery, Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles, California 90048, USA
Am Surg 69:966-8. 2003..01), bowel resection (P < 0.01) and op-time (P < 0.003). Laparoscopic release of adhesions is a viable option in the surgical management of small bowel obstruction...
- The effect of resveratrol on surgery-induced peritoneal adhesions in an experimental modelGokhan Sogutlu
General Surgery Department, Inonu University Medical School, Malatya, Turkey
Cell Biochem Funct 25:217-20. 2007..001, respectively). Introduction of resveratrol into the peritoneal cavity at the time of surgery reduced adhesion formation effectively in this model. Resveratrol probably acts through reduction of lipid peroxidation products...
- Seprafilm (modified hyaluronic acid and carboxymethylcellulose) acts as a physical barrierL April Gago
Division of Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Wayne State University School of Medicine, Detroit, Michigan, USA
Fertil Steril 80:612-6. 2003..To characterize the molecular changes that occur in normal fibroblasts, adhesion fibroblasts, and mesothelial cells as a result of exposure to modified hyaluronic acid and carboxymethylcellulose (Seprafilm)...
- Temporary ovarian suspension at laparoscopy for prevention of adhesionsMostafa I Abuzeid
Division of Reproductive Endocrinology, Hurley Medical Center, Two Hurley Plaza, Suite 101, Flint, MI 48503, USA
J Am Assoc Gynecol Laparosc 9:98-102. 2002..In four patients (80%), we found no evidence of recurrent adhesions. The remaining 20% had minimal adhesions...
- The incidence and morbidity of adhesions after treatment of neonates with gastroschisis and omphalocele: a 30-year reviewFloortje C van Eijck
Department of General Surgery, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Center, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
J Pediatr Surg 43:479-83. 2008..Knowledge of its incidence and potential risk factors in a well-documented group with strict follow-up is needed to guide preventive measures...
- Endometrial thickness measured by ultrasound scan in women with uterine outlet obstruction due to intrauterine or upper cervical adhesionsSin Ting Lo
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Queen Elizabeth II Research Institute for Mothers and Infants, University of Sydney, NSW 2006 Australia
Hum Reprod 23:306-9. 2008A subgroup of women with Asherman's syndrome has adhesions of limited extent completely blocking the lower uterine cavity or upper cervix, whereas the upper endometrium remains normal. Haematometra are rarely found in these women...
- Prevention of peritendinous adhesions using a hyaluronan-derived hydrogel film following partial-thickness flexor tendon injuryYanchun Liu
Center for Therapeutic Biomaterials and Department of Medicinal Chemistry, The University of Utah, 419 Wakara Way, Suite 205, Salt Lake City, Utah 84108 1257, USA
J Orthop Res 26:562-9. 2008Peritendinous adhesions are an important complication of flexor tendon injury. Three hyaluronan (HA)-derived biomaterials were evaluated for the reduction of peritendinous adhesions following partial-thickness tendon injury in rabbits...
- Ovarian endometrioma: postoperative adhesions following bipolar coagulation and sutureM Pellicano
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Naples Federico II, Naples, Italy
Fertil Steril 89:796-9. 2008To compare bipolar coagulation and suturing of the ovary in terms of postoperative ovarian adhesions after laparoscopic ovarian cystectomy for endometriosis.
- Polymers in the prevention of peritoneal adhesionsYoon Yeo
School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Weldon School of Biomedical Engineering, Purdue University, West Lafayelte IN, USA
Eur J Pharm Biopharm 68:57-66. 2008Peritoneal adhesions are serious complications of surgery, and can result in pain, infertility, and potentially lethal bowel obstruction...
- Effect of oral D-penicillamine vs. colchicine on experimentally induced peritoneal adhesions in ratsSaman Nikeghbalian
Shiraz Organ Transplantation Center, Nemazee Hospital, Shiraz University of Medical Sciences, Shiraz, Iran
Fertil Steril 88:1187-9. 2007..To evaluate the effects of d-penicillamine on prevention or reduction of adhesion band formation and to compare its effects with those of colchicine in an animal model...
- Modulation of the expression of tissue plasminogen activator and its inhibitor by hypoxia in human peritoneal and adhesion fibroblastsGhassan M Saed
Division of Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, and the C S Mott Center for Human Growth and Development, Wayne State University, Detroit, Michigan 48201, USA
Fertil Steril 79:164-8. 2003..To determine whether normal peritoneal and adhesion fibroblasts express tissue plasminogen activator (tPA) and plasminogen activator inhibitor (PAI-I) and whether their expression is regulated by oxygen...
- The effect of immunosuppression on peritoneal adhesions formation after small bowel transplantation in ratsNir Wasserberg
Department of Surgery, University of Miami School of Medicine, Miami, Florida, USA
J Surg Res 141:294-8. 2007..The purpose of the study was to investigate the influence of immunosuppression on peritoneal adhesion formation after intestinal transplantation in rats...
- Effect of reactive oxygen species scavengers, antiinflammatory drugs, and calcium-channel blockers on carbon dioxide pneumoperitoneum-enhanced adhesions in a laparoscopic mouse modelM M Binda
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University Hospital Gasthuisberg, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Herestraat 49 Bus 611, B3000, Leuven, Belgium
Surg Endosc 21:1826-34. 2007Postoperative adhesions are a clinical problem. They can cause female infertility, intestinal obstruction, chronic pelvic pain, and difficulties at the time of reoperation...
- Surgical adhesions: a timely update, a great challenge for the futureAndrew K Davey
Sansom Institute, University of South Australia, Adelaide, South Australia
J Minim Invasive Gynecol 14:15-22. 2007..While these strategies have provided some success, none have yet proved totally successful in abolishing adhesions. Further research to ensure that adhesion prevention is optimal is therefore essential.
- Retroperitoneoscopic subcapsular nephrectomy for infective nonfunctioning kidney with dense perinephric adhesionsZhang Xu
Department of Urology, Tongji Hospital, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, PR China
BJU Int 94:1329-31. 2004To evaluate the feasibility and clinical efficacy of retroperitoneoscopic subcapsular nephrectomy for infective nonfunctioning kidneys with dense perinephric adhesions.
- Peritoneal molecular environment, adhesion formation and clinical implicationNasser Chegini
Division of Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility, Institute for Wound Research, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL 32610, USA
Front Biosci 7:e91-115. 2002Whether induced by infection, inflammation, ischemia, and/or surgical injury, peritoneal adhesions are the leading cause of pelvic pain, bowel obstruction and infertility...
- A safety and efficacy study of a resorbable hydrogel for reduction of post-operative adhesions following myomectomyL Mettler
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University Clinics of Schleswig Holstein, Campus Kiel, Michaelisstrasse 16, 24105 Kiel, Germany
Hum Reprod 23:1093-100. 2008..This multicenter, randomized, single-blind study assessed the safety and efficacy of a resorbable hydrogel ('Hydrogel') for the reduction of post-operative adhesion formation following myomectomy...
- Cine magnetic resonance imaging vs high-resolution ultrasonography for detection of adhesions after laparoscopic and open incisional hernia repair: a matched pair pilot analysisT Mussack
Department of Surgery Innenstadt, Klinikum der Universitat Munchen, Nussbaumstrasse 20, 80336, Munchen, Germany
Surg Endosc 19:1538-43. 2005Intraabdominal adhesions represent nonspecific complications before or after laparoscopic or open incisional hernia repair...
- Minimal adhesions to ePTFE mesh after laparoscopic ventral incisional hernia repair: reoperative findings in 65 casesRichard H Koehler
Springfield Hospital, Springfield, Vermont 05156, USA
JSLS 7:335-40. 2003..involves intraabdominal placement of a synthetic mesh, and the possibility of formation of severe visceral adhesions to the prosthesis is a principal concern...
- Laparoscopy for adhesionsPetachia Reissman
Department of Surgery, Shaare Zedek Medical Center, Jerusalem, Israel
Semin Laparosc Surg 10:185-90. 2003Intestinal and abdominal adhesions may be responsible for a variety of clinical conditions, including chronic recurrent small-bowel obstruction, acute small-bowel obstruction, closed-loop bowel obstruction and, debatably, abdominal or ..
- The prevention of peritoneal adhesions by in situ cross-linking hydrogels of hyaluronic acid and cellulose derivativesTaichi Ito
Department of Chemical Engineering, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 45 Carleton St, Cambridge, MA 02142, USA
Biomaterials 28:975-83. 2007Post-operative peritoneal adhesions can cause pelvic pain, infertility, and potentially lethal bowel obstruction...
- Midkine, a heparin-binding cytokine, plays key roles in intraperitoneal adhesionsKazuhiko Inoh
Department of Biochemistry, Nagoya University Graduate School of Medicine, 65 Tsurumai Cho, Showa Ku, Nagoya 466 8550, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 317:108-13. 2004..Therefore, midkine was concluded to play important roles in the formation of intraperitoneal adhesions, at least partly by promoting the migration of macrophages and neutrophils to the omentum.
- A randomized controlled trial of 0.5% ferric hyaluronate gel (Intergel) in the prevention of adhesions following abdominal surgeryChoong Leong Tang
Department of Colorectal Surgery, Singapore General Hospital, Singapore
Ann Surg 243:449-55. 2006..Intergel is a hyaluronate-based gel that reduces the incidence of postoperative adhesions when added to the peritoneal cavity before closure in gynecologic surgery...
- Adhesions and colorectal surgery - call for actionM C Parker
Darent Valley Hospital, Dartford, Kent, UK
Colorectal Dis 9:66-72. 2007Mounting evidence highlights that adhesions are now the most frequent complication of abdominopelvic surgery, yet many surgeons are still not aware of the extent of the problem and its serious consequences...
- Adhesion-related readmissions following gynaecological laparoscopy or laparotomy in Scotland: an epidemiological study of 24 046 patientsA M Lower
Isis Fertility Centre, Colchester CO4 9YA, UK
Hum Reprod 19:1877-85. 2004..This study evaluated the epidemiology of adhesion-related readmissions following open and laparoscopic procedures...
- Intra-uterine adhesions and fertility outcome: how to optimize success?Pinar H Kodaman
Yale University School of Medicine, Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Sciences, Section of Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility, New Haven, Connecticut 06520, USA
Curr Opin Obstet Gynecol 19:207-14. 2007To review the etiology, diagnosis, and clinical manifestations of intra-uterine adhesions and to address treatment with a specific focus on fertility outcome.
- Adhesions in patients with chronic pelvic pain: a role for adhesiolysis?Ahmad Hammoud
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Wayne State University The Detroit Medical Center, Detroit, Michigan, USA
Fertil Steril 82:1483-91. 2004To review the relation between adhesions and pelvic pain and the effectiveness of adhesiolysis in pain control.
- Long-term follow-up and cost analysis following surgery for small bowel obstruction caused by intra-abdominal adhesionsB Tingstedt
Department of Surgery, Lund University, Lund, Sweden
Br J Surg 94:743-8. 2007This study examined the natural course of patients following surgery for small bowel obstruction (SBO) caused by abdominal adhesions. In addition, a cost analysis was performed.
- Long-term outcome, adhesions, and quality of life after laparoscopic and open surgical therapies for acute abdomen: follow-up of a prospective trialW D Majewski
Department of General and Transplantation Surgery and Faculty of Nursing, Pomeranian Medical University, Szczecin, Poland
Surg Endosc 19:81-90. 2005The objective of this study was to determine the long-term outcome of laparoscopic and open therapies for acute abdomen, and to assess the patients postoperative quality of life, with special attention to adhesions.
- Preventing intra-abdominal adhesions with polylactic acid film: an animal studyShmuel Avital
Division of Colon and Rectal Surgery, Department of Surgery, University of Miami School of Medicine, Miami, Florida 33136, USA
Dis Colon Rectum 48:153-7. 2005..the efficacy of an absorbable polylactic acid film (SurgiWrap) in preventing postoperative intra-abdominal adhesions in an animal model...
- An evaluation of low molecular weight heparin and hyperbaric oxygen treatment in the prevention of intra-abdominal adhesions and wound healingSoykan Arikan
General Surgery Clinic, Haseki Education and Research Hospital, Istanbul, Turkey
Am J Surg 189:155-60. 2005Abdominal surgery can lead to intra-abdominal adhesions with significant morbidity and mortality...
- Practicalities and costs of adhesionsM S Wilson
Department of Surgery, Christie Hospital, Manchester, UK
Colorectal Dis 9:60-5. 2007In spite of postoperative adhesions being common there appears to be a reluctance to use anti-adhesion products routinely. This article compares the incidence of adhesions with other conditions in order to identify the level of risk...
- Epidemiology of adhesions: the burdenMichael C Parker
Darent Valley Hospital, Dartford, Kent DA2 8DA
Hosp Med 65:330-6. 2004..The clinical consequences and burden of disease are reviewed...
- The difficult patient in gastroenterology: chronic pelvic pain, adhesions, and sub occlusive episodesA A W Peters
Department of Gynaecology, Leiden University Medical Centre, K 6 P, Albinusdreef 2, 2333 ZA Leiden, The Netherlands
Best Pract Res Clin Gastroenterol 21:445-63. 2007Chronic pelvic pain (CPP) with or without adhesions and symptoms of intestinal occlusion is a complex but relatively common complaint. The etiology and pathophysiology of CPP and adhesions are unclear, as is their possible relation...
- Laparoscopic compared with conventional treatment of acute adhesive small bowel obstructionC Wullstein
Chirurgische Abteilung, Allgemeines Krankenhaus Barmbek, Hamburg, Germany
Br J Surg 90:1147-51. 2003Although laparoscopy may be associated with fewer intra-abdominal adhesions and quicker recovery of bowel function, it remains unclear whether patients with acute small bowel obstruction (SBO) might benefit from laparoscopic techniques.
- Comparison of the reduction of postoperative adhesions by two barriers, one solution, and two pharmacologic agents in the rat uterine modelTevfik Yoldemir
Second Obstetrics and Gynecology Clinic, Sisli Etfal Training and Research Hospital, Istanbul, Turkey
Fertil Steril 78:335-9. 2002..To evaluate the effects of two barriers, one solution, and two pharmacologic agents, in single or in combined use, for preventing postsurgical adhesion formation in the rat model...
- Adhesions and adhesiolysis: the role of laparoscopyStephen M Kavic
Department of Surgery, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06512, USA
JSLS 6:99-109. 2002b>Adhesions commonly result from abdominal and pelvic surgical procedures and may result in intestinal obstruction, infertility, chronic pain, or complicate subsequent operations...
- Seprafilm reduces adhesions to polypropylene mesh and increases peritoneal hydroxyprolineIrfan Altuntas
Department of Biochemistry and Clinical Biochemistry, Suleyman Demirel University School of Medicine, Isparta, Turkey
Am Surg 68:759-61. 2002..mesh is an effective and widely used material in repairing abdominal wall defects, but it causes dense adhesions when in contact with abdominal viscera directly...
- Prevention of adhesions by bioresorbable tissue barrier following laparoscopic intraabdominal mesh insertionM Mahir Ozmen
Department of Surgery and Pathology, Ankara Numune Teaching and Research Hospital, Turkey
Surg Laparosc Endosc Percutan Tech 12:342-6. 2002Intraabdominal adhesions represent a significant problem because of the morbidity associated with adhesive disease, including small bowel obstruction, difficulties in reoperative surgery, and possibly chronic pain...
- Phospholipids reduce adhesion formation in the rabbit uterine horn modelStefan A Müller
Department of Surgery, Medical Faculty, Rhenish Westphalian Technical University, Aachen, Germany
Fertil Steril 77:1269-73. 2002To access the ability of intraperitoneal phospholipids to reduce adhesions in a standardized model for gynecologic operations.
- The role of intra-peritoneal honey administration in preventing post-operative peritoneal adhesionsErhan Aysan
General Surgery Department, SSK Istanbul Educational Hospital, Istanbul, Turkey
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 104:152-5. 2002..Because peritoneal healing is a kind of wound healing process we hypothesised that post-operative peritoneal adhesions (PPA) may be reduced with intra-peritoneal honey administration.
- Prevention of adhesion to prosthetic mesh: comparison of different barriers using an incisional hernia modelMartijne van 't Riet
Department of General Surgery, Erasmus University Medical Centre, Rotterdam Dijkzigt, The Netherlands
Ann Surg 237:123-8. 2003..To assess whether use of antiadhesive liquids or coatings could prevent adhesion formation to prosthetic mesh...
- Laparoscopic approach to postoperative adhesive obstructionG Borzellino
I Divisione Clinicizzata di Chirurgia Generale, Universita di Verona, Italia
Surg Endosc 18:686-90. 2004..This paper reports on our experience in laparoscopic adhesiolysis and analyses the results on the basis of the selection criteria used...
- Laparoscopic management of acute small bowel obstructionB Kirshtein
Department of Surgery A, Soroka University Medical Center, Faculty of Health Sciences, Ben Gurion University of the Negev, Beer Sheva, 84101, Israel
Surg Endosc 19:464-7. 2005..We reviewed our experience with the laparoscopic approach to the management of small bowel obstruction (SBO)...
- Efficacy of three adhesion-preventing agents in reducing severe peritoneal trauma induced by bipolar coagulation in a laparoscopic rat modelHorace Roman
Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Medicine, University Hospital Clermont Ferrand, Polyclinique, Boulevard Leon Malfreyt, 63033 Clermont Ferrand, France
Fertil Steril 83:1113-8. 2005..To compare the antiadhesion efficacy of three agents (4% icodextrin, ferric hyaluronate gel, and Ringer's lactate) in severe peritoneal trauma caused by bipolar coagulation in a laparoscopic rat model...
- Reoperative laparoscopic Roux-en-Y gastric bypass: an experience with 49 casesJ M Calmes
Department of Surgery, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Vaudois Lausanne, Switzerland
Obes Surg 15:316-22. 2005..Reoperations are particularly challenging because of tissue scarring and adhesions related to the first operation...
- Low incidence of adhesion-related bowel obstruction after laparoscopic colorectal surgeryDanny Rosin
Department of General Surgery and Transplantation, Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer, Israel
J Laparoendosc Adv Surg Tech A 17:604-7. 2007Postoperative adhesions are a major cause of morbidity, accounting for approximately 5% of the readmissions of surgical patients...
- Laparoscopy after previous laparotomyZulfo Godinjak
Obstetrics and Gynecology Hospital, University of Sarajevo Clinics Center, Bolnicka 10, 71000 Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina
Bosn J Basic Med Sci 6:45-7. 2006Following the abdominal surgery, extensive adhesions often occur and they can cause difficulties during laparoscopic operations. However, previous laparotomy is not considered to be a contraindication for laparoscopy...
- Does previous surgery influence the asymmetric distribution of endometriotic lesions?A Ciavattini
Clinic of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Polytechnic University of Marche, Ancona, Italy
Gynecol Endocrinol 19:253-8. 2004..The main outcome measure(s) were endometriotic lesions and adhesions in the pelvis found during surgery and the dinical records of the patients...
- Effectiveness of photodynamic ablation for destruction of endometrial explants in a rat endometriosis modelAlicja A Krzemien
Division of Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility, Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Kingston, Ontario, Canada
Fertil Steril 78:169-75. 2002..Exposure of normal peritoneum to ALA-PDT resulted in initial necrosis, with complete recovery by day 16. Adhesions were present on day 16 in 50% of cases after electrosurgery and in 100% of cases after resection...
- Adenoviral-mediated gene expression of hepatocyte growth factor prevents postoperative peritoneal adhesion in a rat modelHong-Jun Liu
Department of Experimental Hematology, Beijing Institute of Radiation Medicine, Beijing, People's Republic of China
Surgery 140:441-7. 2006..cell proliferation and migration play important roles in reducing formation of postoperative peritoneal adhesions. Hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) is a multifunctional cytokine that stimulates proliferation and migration of ..
- [Prevention of peritoneal adhesions to intraperitoneal prostheses. An experimental study in pigs]Juan A Martín-Cartes
Servicio de Cirugia General, Unidad de Cirugía Laparoscópica Hospitales Universitarios Virgen del Rocío, Sevilla, Espana
Cir Esp 80:214-9. 2006The aim of this study was to investigate the effect of fibrin glue and hyaluronidase gel on the prevention of postoperative peritoneal adhesions to intraperitoneal prostheses.
- A laparoscopic method for optimal peritoneal dialysis accessJohn H Crabtree
Department of Surgery, Southern California Permanente Medical Group, Kaiser Permanente Bellflower Medical Center, Bellflower, California 90706, USA
Am Surg 71:135-43. 2005..One pericannular hernia occurred in the open group. Catheter mechanical dysfunction attributable to the surgical technique can nearly be eliminated through adjunctive procedures made possible only by a laparoscopic approach...
- The effects of anti-adhesion materials in preventing postoperative adhesion in abdominal cavity (anti-adhesion materials for postoperative adhesions)Mustafa Sahin
Department of General Surgery, Selcuk University Meram Medical Faculty, Konya, Turkey
Inflammation 30:244-9. 2007The purpose of this study was to compare the effects of anti-adhesion materials in postoperative adhesions.
- Effects of seprafilm on peritoneal fibrinolytic systemOmer Ridvan Tarhan
Suleyman Demirel University Medical School, Isparta, Turkey
ANZ J Surg 75:690-2. 2005There is a high incidence of adhesions after ventral hernia repair with polypropylene mesh...
- [Polyenzymatic therapy in prevention of adhesive processes in the abdominal cavity in children]S V Minaev
Vestn Khir Im I I Grek 165:49-54. 2006..Using the polyenzyme preparations after abdominal operations in children was found to promote the reduction of intra-abdominal adhesion and inflammatory processes...
- [Late post-operative adhesive small bowel occlusions. About 258 cases]iMohamed Issam Beyrout
Tunis Med 84:9-15. 2006..only one intervention on the pelvis or abdomen) but essentially by the nature of the opertions since most of the adhesions occured following surgery on the appendix...
- Laparoscopic-assisted resection of Meckel's diverticulum in childrenT R Sai Prasad
Department of Paediatric Surgery, KK Women s and Children s Hospital, l00, Bukit Timah Road, Singapore 229899
JSLS 10:310-6. 2006..Meckel's diverticulum (MD) presents unique challenges for a pediatric surgeon, as it is prone to varied complications. This case series highlights the diverse presentations and laparoscopic management of MD in children...
- Preparation and characterization of biodegradable anti-adhesive membrane for peritoneal wound healingSi Nae Park
BK 21 Project Team of Nanobiomaterials for the Cell based Implants, Yonsei University, Seodaemun Ku, Seoul, Korea
J Mater Sci Mater Med 18:475-82. 2007Postoperative adhesions remain a significant complication of abdominal surgery although the wide variety of physical barriers has been developed to reduce the incidence of adhesion...
- Comparative evaluation of adhesion formation, strength of ingrowth, and textile properties of prosthetic meshes after long-term intra-abdominal implantation in a rabbitYuri W Novitsky
Division of Gastrointestinal and Minimally Invasive Surgery, Department of General Surgery, Carolinas Medical Center, Charlotte, North Carolina, USA
J Surg Res 140:6-11. 2007Effective laparoscopic ventral herniorrhaphy usually mandates the use of an intraperitoneal prosthetic. Visceral adhesions and changes in textile characteristics of prosthetics may complicate repairs, especially long-term...
- Adhesive small bowel obstruction after appendectomy in children: comparison between the laparoscopic and open approachKuo Jen Tsao
Department of Surgery, The Children s Mercy Hospital, Kansas City, MO 64108, USA
J Pediatr Surg 42:939-42; discussion 942. 2007..To evaluate these parameters, we reviewed the incidence of SBO after laparoscopic appendectomy (LA) and open appendectomy (OA) performed at our institution...
- An assessment of the effects of two types of bioresorbable barriers to prevent postoperative intra-abdominal adhesions in ratsHuseyin Ayhan Kayaoglu
Department of General Surgery, Gaziosmanpasa University Medical School, Tokat, Turkey
Surg Today 35:946-50. 2005..The oxidized regenerated cellulose membrane was similarly applied in groups 5 and 6. Four weeks later, the adhesions were evaluated. In addition, fibrosis and inflammation were observed histopathologically...
- Bioresorbable hyaluronate-carboxymethylcellulose membrane (Seprafilm) in surgery for rectal carcinoma: a prospective randomized clinical trialMasato Kusunoki
Second Department of Surgery, Mie University School of Medicine, Tsu, Japan
Surg Today 35:940-5. 2005PURPOSE: To evaluate the effectiveness of Seprafilm in preventing abdominal adhesions after radical resection of rectal carcinoma, and to observe whether Seprafilm had any adverse effects in patients treated with radiotherapy and ..
- Laparoscopy-assisted stoma closureGo Miyano
Department of Pediatric Surgery, Juntendo University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
J Laparoendosc Adv Surg Tech A 17:395-8. 2007..The aim of this study was to describe our improved technique for stoma closure, laparoscopy-assisted stoma closure (LASC)...
- In situ cross-linkable hyaluronic acid hydrogels prevent post-operative abdominal adhesions in a rabbit modelYoon Yeo
Department of Chemical Engineering, 77 Massachusetts Avenue, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, 02139, USA
Biomaterials 27:4698-705. 2006..the efficacy of an in situ cross-linked hyaluronic acid hydrogel (HAX) in preventing post-surgical peritoneal adhesions, using a rabbit sidewall defect-cecum abrasion model...
- Effective prevention of adhesions with hyaluronateKlaus Kramer
Department of Surgery, University of Muenster, Germany
Arch Surg 137:278-82. 2002HYPOTHESIS: Hyaluronate sodium in the form of a bioresorbant membrane reduces the development of intra-abdominal adhesions frequently found after implantation of synthetic mesh in the context of surgical hernia repair...
- Prevention of postoperative peritoneal adhesions: effects of lysozyme, polylysine and polyglutamate versus hyaluronic acidLaszlo Nehez
Department of Surgery, Lund University, Sweden
Scand J Gastroenterol 40:1118-23. 2005Intraperitoneal adhesions are an important cause of postoperative intestinal obstruction, abdominal discomfort and infertility...
- Effect of a bioresorbable membrane on postoperative adhesions and wound healingNurullah Bulbuller
Departments of General Surgery, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Pathology and Biochemistry, Medical School, Firat Universitesi Firat Tip Merkezi, Genel Cerrahi Anabilim Dali, 23200 Elazig, Turkey
J Reprod Med 48:547-50. 2003..To study the effect of Seprafilm (Genzym Corporation, Cambridge, Massachusetts), a biosorbable membrane, on adhesion formation and injury recovery...
- Laparoscopic adhesiolysis and placement of Seprafilm: a new technique and novel approach to patients with intractable abdominal painEena Khaitan
Department of Surgery, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, Tennessee 37232, USA
J Laparoendosc Adv Surg Tech A 12:241-7. 2002..We report a new technique, laparoscopic adhesiolysis and Seprafilm placement, for patients with intractable abdominal pain secondary to adhesions.
- Reoperation on the abdomen encased in adhesionsEric A Harris
Department of Surgery, Mayo Clinic Scottsdale, 13400 East Shea Blvd, Scottsdale, AZ 85255, USA
Am J Surg 184:499-504; discussion 504. 2002PURPOSE: To determine outcome after lysis of intestinal adhesions, relief of obstruction, closure of fistulas and drainage of abscesses in patients with an abdominal cavity obliterated by chronic postoperative adhesions...
- [Postoperative adhesions following para-aortic lymphadenectomy by laparotomy with as compared to without Intergel. Experimental animal study]B Occelli
Service de Chirurgie Gynecologique, Hôpital de Valenciennes, avenue de Monaco, BP 479, 59322 Valenciennes Cedex
J Gynecol Obstet Biol Reprod (Paris) 33:110-8. 2004..The presence of postoperative intraperitoneal adhesions increases the risk of postradical enteritis...
- Experimental validation for the use of a film on the basis of modified hyaluronic acid for prevention of postoperative peritoneal adhesionsI F Sufiyarov
Bashkir State Medical University, Russian Ministry of Health
Bull Exp Biol Med 144:269-71. 2007..Application of the protective film in Wistar rats with modeled adhesion process in the abdominal cavity reduced the formation of peritoneal adhesions.
- [Post-operative bowel obstruction. Part 2: Mechanical post-operative small bowel obstruction by bands and adhesions]J J Duron
Service de Chirurgie Generale et Digestive, UMR 7000, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Pitie Salpetriere, Paris
J Chir (Paris) 140:325-34. 2003Small Bowel obstruction due to post-operative adhesions is a common problem in a general surgical practice. Any laparotomy initiates the lifelong risk of this complication...
- Comparison of a novel liquid (Adcon-P) and a sodium hyaluronate and carboxymethylcellulose membrane (Seprafilm) in postsurgical adhesion formation in a murine modelMustafa Oncel
Department of Colorectal Surgery, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Dis Colon Rectum 46:187-91. 2003..Intra-abdominal administration of antiadhesive barriers may reduce the extent and severity of postoperative adhesions. This study aimed to compare the effectiveness of a novel liquid antiadhesive barrier with a conventional sheet (..
- Effect of prosthetic material on adhesion formation after laparoscopic ventral hernia repair in a porcine modelE C Borrazzo
Minimal Access Surgery Center Department of Surgery, New York Presbyterian Hospital - Weill Cornell Medical Center, F763 Box 203, New York, NY 10021, USA
Hernia 8:108-12. 2004..Thus, laparoscopic placement of PPM/HA/CMC reduces adhesion formation compared to other mesh types used for laparoscopic ventral hernia repairs...
- Detection of peritoneal adhesions using ultrasound examination for the evaluation of an innovative intraperitoneal meshC Aube
Department of Radiology, University Hospital Angers, 49033 Angers Cedex, France
Surg Endosc 18:131-5. 2004..study, we evaluated the efficiency of a specific ultrasound examination in detecting postoperative bowel adhesions and assessed the adhesion rate associated with the intraperitoneal use of Parietex composite mesh (polyester ..
- Prevention of adhesion formations following repair of abdominal wall defects with prosthetic materials (an experimental study)Orhan Alimoglu
First Department of Surgery, Vakif Gureba Training Hospital, Istanbul, Turkey
Hepatogastroenterology 50:725-8. 2003..The aim of this study was to compare different modalities in terms of adhesion prevention in a rat model of abdominal wall defect repaired with prosthetic materials...
- Laser-Activated Collagen Adhesives for HerniorrhaphyBarbara Soltz; Fiscal Year: 2006..In fact, adhesions represent a significant source of morbidity and mortality and are a common cause of small bowel obstruction in ..
- Obstruction-initiated mechanotranscription in colonic smooth muscle cellsXuan Zheng Shi; Fiscal Year: 2009..Numerous pathological conditions, including adhesions, carcinomas, and Hirschsprung's disease, result in obstruction in the gut...
- Pathogen-host Interactions that Remodel the CytoskeletonTina Izard; Fiscal Year: 2010..actin cytoskeleton by binding to other key partners such as talin, which binds to integrin receptors in focal adhesions, or to a- actinin, which plays key roles in adherens junctions...
- Focal Adhesion Modulation of IL-1 Signaling: Importance in Pulmonary FibrosisGREGORY DOWNEY; Fiscal Year: 2009..Our studies to date have determined that in fibroblasts, IL-1-induced signaling requires focal adhesions (FA) and that IL-1 signals are dissipated by FA dispersing peptides that we have developed...
- Aqueous humor dynamics studies in vivo and in vitroPaul Kaufman; Fiscal Year: 2009..be enhanced by ILK, PI3K and Src kinase inhibitors, which have been shown to alter the cytoskeleton and cellular adhesions of trabecular meshwork (TM) cells in culture...
- Aqueous humor dynamics studies in vivo and in vitroPAUL LEON KAUFMAN; Fiscal Year: 2010..be enhanced by ILK, PI3K and Src kinase inhibitors, which have been shown to alter the cytoskeleton and cellular adhesions of trabecular meshwork (TM) cells in culture...
- Engineered Biologics for Repair of Abdominal Wall MusculofasciaAnshu B Mathur; Fiscal Year: 2010..tissue flaps), which are limited in supply, synthetic materials such as polypropylene (PP mesh) that cause bowel adhesions, and naturally derived degradable extracellular matrix (ECM) scaffolds (acellular dermis, small intestine ..
- Focal Adhesion Modulation of IL-1 Signaling: Importance in Pulmonary FibrosisGREGORY DOWNEY; Fiscal Year: 2009..Our studies to date have determined that in fibroblasts, IL-1-induced signaling requires focal adhesions (FA) and that IL-1 signals are dissipated by FA dispersing peptides that we have developed...
- Focal Adhesion Modulation of IL-1 Signaling: Importance in Pulmonary FibrosisGREGORY PAUL DOWNEY; Fiscal Year: 2010..Our studies to date have determined that in fibroblasts, IL-1-induced signaling requires focal adhesions (FA) and that IL-1 signals are dissipated by FA dispersing peptides that we have developed...
- Genetic Analysis of FAK ActivityDavid D Schlaepfer; Fiscal Year: 2010..Signals generated by integrins at cell attachment sites termed focal adhesions are mediated by the recruitment of cytoskeletal and signaling proteins in a manner that remain under ..
- The role of CTGF in bone cell development and functionSTEVEN POPOFF; Fiscal Year: 2009..We have demonstrated that osteoblasts attach to CTGF via the av5 integrin, resulting in the formation of focal adhesions, cytoskeletal reorganization and the activation of FAK and Erk...
- Endogenous Hormones and Risk of EndometriosisStacey Missmer; Fiscal Year: 2009..The consequence is the development of adhesions, scarring, and painful inflammation...
- Endogenous Hormones and Risk of EndometriosisStacey Missmer; Fiscal Year: 2007..The consequence is the development of adhesions, scarring, and painful inflammation...
- Biomimetic Scaffolds for Abdominal Wall RepairAnshu Mathur; Fiscal Year: 2007..tissue flaps), which are limited in supply, synthetic materials such as polypropylene (PP mesh) that cause bowel adhesions, and naturally derived degradable extracellular matrix (ECM) scaffolds (AllodermZ, SurgisisZ) that are animal ..
- Obstruction-initiated mechanotranscription in colonic smooth muscle cellsXuan Zheng Shi; Fiscal Year: 2010..Numerous pathological conditions, including adhesions, carcinomas, and Hirschsprung's disease, result in obstruction in the gut...
- SNP Analysis of Endometriosis Candidate GenesIdhaliz Flores; Fiscal Year: 2006..This condition is characterized by inflammation, fibrosis, adhesions, and chocolate cysts, which result in chronic pelvic pain, pain during intercourse (dyspareunia), painful ..
- Role of the Tail Domain in Vinculin FunctionSharon L Campbell; Fiscal Year: 2010This proposal is focused on vinculin, a cytoskeletal protein that is a prominent component of focal adhesions and adherens junctions...
- Role of the Tail Domain in Vinculin FunctionSharon Campbell; Fiscal Year: 2009This proposal is focused on vinculin, a cytoskeletal protein that is a prominent component of focal adhesions and adherens junctions...
- Quantitative Analysis of Chemotactic Motility Cycle of Ameboid CellsJUAN CARLOS contact LASHERAS; Fiscal Year: 2010..of actin-directed motors, F-actin regulation, actin crosslinking, motor protein-mediated contractility, and cell adhesions. However, precise knowledge of the biophysical coordination of these processes has been limited by the lack of ..
- Xenobiotics and Breast Epithelial Cell-ECM SignalingRaymond Novak; Fiscal Year: 2005..Cells are linked to the ECM via integrin-containing focal adhesions. Other types of structures that link cells to each other or to the ECM include adherens junctions and desmosomes...
- G Proteins and Endothelial Barrier RegulationTatyana Voyno Yasenetskaya; Fiscal Year: 2004..that G-alpha13 protein interacts with the actin-binding protein, radixin, implicated in the assembly of focal adhesions and actin filaments...
- A new absorbable mesh for hernia repairDavid Martin; Fiscal Year: 2007..The absorbability of the mesh would reduce late term fistula and risk of infection and possibly tissue adhesions. Greater flexibility of the fiber will reduce mesh stiffness and eventual absorption will reduce the stiffness ..
- Molecular Function of Palladin's Ig Domains in Cell Adhesion and MotilityCarol Otey; Fiscal Year: 2009Both cell-cell and cell-matrix adhesions require the participation of the actin cytoskeleton...
- Molecular Function of Palladin's Ig Domains in Cell Adhesion and MotilityCarol A Otey; Fiscal Year: 2010Both cell-cell and cell-matrix adhesions require the participation of the actin cytoskeleton...
- STRUCTURE AND FUNCTION OF PAXILLINChristopher Turner; Fiscal Year: 1999..in targeting paxillin to specialized sites of cell attachment to the extracellular matrix known as focal adhesions. Proteins interacting with the individual domains of paxillin will be identified and characterized...
- Treatment of Endometriosis-Associated Pelvic PainDavid Guzick; Fiscal Year: 2007..Surgical treatment of endometriosis with laparoscopic excision of implants and lysis of adhesions is often successful in reducing pain in the short term...
- STRUCTURAL DYNAMICS OF VINCULIN IN ADHESION JUNCTIONSTina Izard; Fiscal Year: 2007..cytoskeleton by binding to key scaffold proteins, including talin, which binds to integrin receptors in focal adhesions, and to a-actinin and a-catenin, which bind to cadherins in adherens junctions...
- Mechanisms Driving Cortical Cytoskeleton Dynamics in Cancer Cell InvasionKathryn M Eisenmann; Fiscal Year: 2010..ACM is distinct from the mesenchymal-type of cell motility involving focal adhesions and matrix metalloproteinases (MMPs);ACM is a specialized mode of cancer cell migration and is proposed to play ..
- Growth Hormone Regulation of SH2B1Christin Carter Su; Fiscal Year: 2010..g., focal adhesions, lamellipodia, cytoplasm, nucleus)...
- Molecular Basis of ILK/PINCH Function in Cell AdhesionJun Qin; Fiscal Year: 2010..signals into intracellular compartment leading to the formation of large protein complexes called focal adhesions (FAs) that connect integrin cytoplasmic tails (CTs) to the actin cytoskeleton. This latter step, i.e...
- ABNORMAL BIGH3 AGGREGATIONS IN CORNEAL DYSTROPHIESAndrew J W Huang; Fiscal Year: 2010..These dystrophies are found to have abnormal stromal deposits and related poor epithelial adhesions with resultant painful corneal erosions. Corneal transplantation is often needed to restore corneal clarity...
- Role of Surface Roughness in Regulating Tumor Cell BehaviorSarah Glover; Fiscal Year: 2009..less and more tumorigenic cells cultured on a "peak-like" matrix actually had higher Rho activity and more focal adhesions as revealed by talin staining...
- INTEGRIN INTRACELLULAR FUNCTIONSUSAN LAFLAMME; Fiscal Year: 2009..Preliminary studies demonstrate that adhesion-induced FAK activation, Src signaling and the formation of focal adhesions are inhibited in cells adhered by the mutant integrin...
- ROLE OF PYK2 IN REGULATING OSTEOCLASTIC BONE RESORPTIONWen Cheng Xiong; Fiscal Year: 2005..They are similar to focal adhesions in fibroblasts...
- Image-Guided Surgery of Endocrine Glands and Their Tumors using Near-Infrared FluJohn V Frangioni; Fiscal Year: 2010..tissues, such as the thyroid gland and adrenal gland, can often be difficult to locate during surgery due to adhesions and overlying fascia...
- Actions of the Sodium-Hydrogen Exchanger Subtype, NHE1DIANE BARBER; Fiscal Year: 2007..for directed cell migration and are required for cell polarity, actin polymerization, and remodeling of focal adhesions. A novel DNHE1 in Drosophila that binds an ERM ortholog, and a novel DdNHE1 in Dictyostelium discoideum that is ..