- Incidence of HPV in primary and metastatic squamous cell carcinomas of the aerodigestive tract: implications for the establishment of clonal relationships
Histopathology 48:605-7. 2006
- A historical cohort mortality study among shipyard workers in Genoa, Italy
Environmental Epidemiology and Biostatistics, National Cancer Institute, Largo Rosanna Benzi 19, 16132 Genoa, Italy
Am J Ind Med 40:363-70. 2001
..These workers were exposed to asbestos fibers, welding fumes and gases, silica dust, polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons, and solvents...
- Glutathione S-transferase M1 or T1 null genotype as a risk factor for developing multiple primary neoplasms in the upper aero-digestive tract, in Indian males using tobacco
Department of Radiation Oncology, Tata Memorial Hospital, Parel, Mumbai, India
Oral Oncol 40:84-91. 2004
..All three patients with a family history of UADT cancer developed MPN, suggesting an inherited predisposition...
- Human papilloma virus (HPV)-associated gynecological alteration in mothers of children with recurrent respiratory papillomatosis during long-term observation
Department of Pediatric Pathology, Institute of Pathology, University of Mainz, Germany
Cancer Detect Prev 31:276-81. 2007
..The study' purpose was to investigate the relation between a mother's gynecological history and the local status of her child with recurrent respiratory papillomatosis (RRP)...
- American Society of Pediatric Otolaryngology members' experience with recurrent respiratory papillomatosis and the use of adjuvant therapy
Eastern Virginia Medical School and the Children s Hospital of the King s Daughters, Norfolk, VA 23507 1914, USA
Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 130:1039-42. 2004
..To evaluate how evolving treatment technologies have affected our management of recurrent respiratory papilloma (RRP) since the last comprehensive survey of pediatric otolaryngologists in 1998...
- HLA alleles, IFN-gamma responses to HPV-11 E6, and disease severity in patients with recurrent respiratory papillomatosis
Vincent R Bonagura
Division of Allergy and Immunology, North Shore Long Island Jewish Research Institute, Department of Pediatrics, Long Island Jewish Medical Center, New Hyde Park, New York, USA
Hum Immunol 65:773-82. 2004
- Recurrent respiratory papillomatosis in a survivor of extreme prematurity
S L Lee
Department of Paediatrics and Adolescent Medicine, University of Hong Kong, Queen Mary Hospital, Hong Kong SAR, China
Pediatr Pulmonol 38:352-4. 2004
..5 years. RRP should be considered in the differential diagnosis of airway problems in survivors of extreme prematurity; the prognosis is not uniformly poor in premature infants...
- Human papillomavirus DNA presence of the upper respiratory tract mucosa of healthy children
ENT Department of Pediatric, Institute of the Karol Marcinkowski, University of Medical Sciences of Poznan
Otolaryngol Pol 58:211-5. 2004
..The presence of HPV in respiratory tract in children is relatively high. "High risk" HPV are not observed in the respiratory tract in children. The Human Papillomavirus in children may be transmitted by direct contacts...
- Voice quality of prepubescent children with quiescent recurrent respiratory papillomatosis
Jonathan P Lindman
Department of Surgery, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL 35243, USA
Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol 68:529-36. 2004
..The purpose of this study was to assess the long-term impact of recurrent respiratory papillomatosis (RRP) and its treatment on voice quality in prepubescent children...
- Extending the p16-Leiden tumour spectrum by respiratory tract tumours
R A Oldenburg
Center of Human and Clinical Genetics, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
J Med Genet 41:e31. 2004
- Cancer survival in Sweden 1960-1998--developments across four decades
Centre for Epidemiology, The National Board of Health and Welfare, Stockholm, Sweden
Acta Oncol 42:637-59. 2003
..Survival for breast and cervical cancer also improved during the 1990s, but not that for pancreatic, liver or lung cancer...
- Predictors of remission in juvenile-onset recurrent respiratory papillomatosis
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 1600 Clifton Road, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 129:1275-8. 2003
..To determine factors associated with remission of juvenile-onset recurrent respiratory papillomatosis (JORRP)...
- Diagnosis and management of pulmonary metastasis from recurrent respiratory papillomatosis
Robert D Silver
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 129:622-9. 2003
..We sought to review the current and proposed management, as well as bring about discussion, of managing the patient with distal tracheal and pulmonary parenchymal involvement by recurrent respiratory papillomatosis (RRP)...
- Lower airway papillomatosis in children
Department of Paediatric Otorhinolaryngology, The Medical University of Warsaw, 24 Marszałkowska Str, 00 576 Warsaw, Poland
Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol 67:1117-21. 2003
..In differential diagnosis of these changes in the lungs we should take into consideration the presence of papilloma in the bronchi. A prognosis of papillomatosis in the lower airways in children is always serious...
- Cancer incidence among union carpenters in New Jersey
Division of Occupational and Environmental Medicine, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
J Occup Environ Med 45:1059-67. 2003
..48) in analyses that lagged results 15 years from initial union membership. Additional etiologic research is needed to evaluate possible occupational and nonoccupational risk factors for testicular cancer...
- Carotid artery invasion by squamous cell carcinoma of the upper aerodigestive tract: the predictive value of CT imaging
P A Nix
ENT SpR Yorkshire Region, Academic Surgical Unit, Research and Development Building, Castle Hill Hospital, Cottingham HU16 5JQ, UK
Int J Clin Pract 57:628-30. 2003
..Comparing the scans with the operative findings indicates that CT scans significantly overestimate carotid artery invasion...
- Regional, disease specific patterns of smoking-attributable mortality in 2000
Harvard School of Public Health, Population and International Health, 665 Huntington Avenue, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Tob Control 13:388-95. 2004
..Mortality attributable to smoking in the year 2000 was estimated for adult males and females, including estimates by age and for specific diseases in 14 epidemiological subregions of the world...
- Recurrent respiratory papillomatosis: cytopathological findings in an unusual case
Anil V Parwani
Department of Pathology, The Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, Maryland 21287 6417, USA
Diagn Cytopathol 31:407-12. 2004
..To our knowledge, morphological findings of RRP have been reported rarely...
- Cidofovir for the treatment of recurrent respiratory papillomatosis: a review of the literature
Department of Pharmacy Services, University of Michigan Health System, University Hospital, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 0008, USA
Pharmacotherapy 25:977-89. 2005
..Further studies are necessary to determine the most appropriate dose, frequency, and duration of therapy, and to fully characterize the safety profile profile of cidofovir when given intralesionally...
- The potential health and economic benefits of preventing recurrent respiratory papillomatosis through quadrivalent human papillomavirus vaccination
Harrell W Chesson
Division of STD Prevention, National Center for HIV AIDS, Viral Hepatitis, STD, and TB Prevention, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA, USA
Vaccine 26:4513-8. 2008
..More precise estimates of the incidence of RRP are needed, however, to quantify this impact more reliably...
- Cidofovir efficacy in recurrent respiratory papillomatosis: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study
J Scott McMurray
Division of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Department of Surgery, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, Madison, Wisconsin 53792, USA
Ann Otol Rhinol Laryngol 117:477-83. 2008
..Although results of case series suggest that cidofovir may decrease the frequency and rapidity of papilloma regrowth, no blinded placebo-controlled studies have demonstrated efficacy...
- Immunocompetency in children with recurrent respiratory papillomatosis: prospective study
Dept of Pediatric Otolaryngology, Schneider Children s Medical Center of Israel, Petah Tiqwa 49202, Israel
Ann Otol Rhinol Laryngol 116:169-71. 2007
..We sought to investigate the immunologic status of children with recurrent respiratory papillomatosis and to evaluate possible correlations between the patients' immunocompetency and the clinical course of the disease...
- Protein expression of the tumor suppressors p16INK4A and p53 and disease progression in recurrent respiratory papillomatosis
Truc T Pham
Department of Pathology, University of California San Diego, San Diego, California, USA
Laryngoscope 117:253-7. 2007
..Although this disease is associated with human papillomavirus, the role of this virus in tumorigenesis is unclear...
- Advocating for the quadravalent HPV vaccination, Gardasil, by Merck
Barbara Elaine Rothengass
Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol 71:671-2; authore reply 673. 2007
- A retrospective analysis of the use of brachytherapy in relation to early stage squamous cell carcinoma of the oropharynx and its relationship to second primary respiratory and upper digestive tract cancers
Department of Radiology, Graduate School, Tokyo Medical and Dental University Hospital, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, Tokyo, Japan
Br J Radiol 80:121-5. 2007
..We concluded that our treatment policy of brachytherapy with or without external irradiation for patients with early stage SCO was effective and acceptable from the standpoint of tumour control and post-treatment QOL...
- Marijuana use and the risk of lung and upper aerodigestive tract cancers: results of a population-based case-control study
IARC, Lyon, France
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 15:1829-34. 2006
..We conducted a population-based case-control study of the association between marijuana use and the risk of lung and upper aerodigestive tract cancers in Los Angeles...
- Children and partners of patients with recurrent respiratory papillomatosis have no evidence of the disease during long-term observation
Department of Pediatric Pathology, Institute of Pathology, Johannes Gutenberg University of Mainz, Langenbeckstrasse 1, 55101 Mainz, Germany
Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol 70:2061-6. 2006
..The aim of our study was to investigate whether children and partners of patients with RRP develop the same disease and to determine whether there is an impact of pregnancy on the course of RRP...
- Prevention of recurrent respiratory papillomatosis: role of HPV vaccination
Gary L Freed
Department of Otolaryngology, Eastern Virginia Medical School, 825 Fairfax Avenue, Suite 510, Norfolk, VA 23507, United States
Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol 70:1799-803. 2006
..With the possibility this could drastically reduce the incidence of RRP, the otolaryngology community should advocate for implementation of a vaccine program that provides effective prevention of HPV infection with subtypes 6 and 11...
- Recurrent respiratory papillomatosis with pulmonary involvement
Marcos Hiroyuki Ikawa
Departamento de Diagnóstico por Imagem, Escola Paulista de Medicina, Universidade Federal de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, SP
Rev Soc Bras Med Trop 41:89-90. 2008
- Transbronchial needle injection: a systematic review of a new diagnostic and therapeutic paradigm
Christopher W Seymour
Department of Medicine, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104 4283, USA
Respiration 73:78-89. 2006
..Transbronchial needle catheters are commonly used during flexible and rigid bronchoscopy for needle aspiration. The use of these catheters can be expanded by employing the technique of transbronchial needle injection...
- Four mutations in Epidermodysplasia verruciformis 1 (EVER1) gene are not contributors to susceptibility in RRP
Allegheny General Hospital, Allegheny Singer Research Institute, 320 East North Avenue, 11th Floor, South Tower, Room 1171, Pittsburgh, PA 15212 4772, USA
Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol 70:1235-40. 2006
- The use of mitomycin-C for respiratory papillomas: clinical, histologic and biochemical correlation
Ashraf H Hamza
Otolaryngology HNS Department, Alexandria Faculty of Medicine, Al Ibrahemia, Alexandria, Egypt
Saudi Med J 26:1737-45. 2005
..To assess the clinical effects of mitomycin-C (MMC) on human papilloma virus (HPV)-infected tissues of the airway...
- Epidemiology of alcohol-associated cancers
Linda Morris Brown
Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Department of Health and Human Services, 6120 Executive Boulevard, Room 8026, MSC 7244, Bethesda, MD 20892 7244, USA
Alcohol 35:161-8. 2005
..S. minority populations, to enhance experimental work to better understand the underlying mechanisms through which alcohol promotes carcinogenesis, and to develop preventive strategies...
- Analysis of sex, age and disease factors contributing to prolonged life expectancy at birth, in cases of malignant neoplasms in Japan
Graduate School of Medicine, Nagoya University, Japan
J Epidemiol 13:169-75. 2003
..This study aimed to examine the contribution made by the change in mortality from malignant neoplasms to the life expectancy at birth, observed during the years 1965-1995 in Japan...
- Recurrent respiratory papillomatosis
Department of Otolaryngology, Birmingham Heartlands Hospital, UK
Clin Otolaryngol Allied Sci 27:237-43. 2002
..Unfortunately, despite extensive investigational studies, no cure is available for the disease. This article reviews the aetiology of and therapeutic options for recurrent respiratory papillomatosis...
- Collagen matrix in development and progression of experimentally induced respiratory neoplasms in the hamster
Department of Pathology, University of Oulu, Finland
Toxicol Pathol 29:514-27. 2001
..The nature of the composition of the ECM was related to neoplastic growth and progression when analyzed by computer-associated image analysis, revealing alterations in collagen structure, size, and shape...
- Novel treatments for recurrent respiratory papillomatosis
Mantlergasse 23 2 12, A 1130 Vienna, Austria
Expert Opin Investig Drugs 11:1139-48. 2002
..This review focuses on the current status of recurrent respiratory papillomatosis and on future directions of prevention and therapy...
- Cannabis use and cancer
Addiction 97:243-7. 2002
- Socioeconomic inequalities in alcohol related cancer mortality among men: to what extent do they differ between Western European populations?
Department of Public Health, Erasmus MC, University Medical Center Rotterdam, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Int J Cancer 121:649-55. 2007
..This study suggests that alcohol use substantially influences socioeconomic inequalities in male cancer mortality in France, Spain and Switzerland but not in the Nordic countries and nor in Belgium...
- Morphometric characteristics of cell proliferation and p53 expression in development of experimentally induced respiratory tumors
Department of Pathology, University of Oulu, Finland
Anal Quant Cytol Histol 23:273-86. 2001
..CONCLUSION: Computer-assisted analysis of immunohistochemical staining showed high sensitivity and reproducibility; however, the results depended upon the method of study...
- Bronchoscopic management of benign stenosis
S M Shapshay
Department of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery, New England Medical Center, Tufts University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Chest Surg Clin N Am 11:749-68. 2001
..As usual, patient selection is one of the key factors related to successful management...
- Powered instrumentation in the treatment of recurrent respiratory papillomatosis: an alternative to the carbon dioxide laser
Mohamed A el-Bitar
Children s National Medical Center, 111 Michigan Ave NW, Washington, DC 20010, USA
Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 128:425-8. 2002
..To assess the advantages of powered instrumentation vs the carbon dioxide laser in treating patients with juvenile-onset recurrent respiratory papillomatosis...
- Epidermal growth factor-induced cyclooxygenase-2 expression is mediated through phosphatidylinositol-3 kinase, not mitogen-activated protein/extracellular signal-regulated kinase kinase, in recurrent respiratory papillomas
Institute for Medical Research, North Shore Long Island Jewish Health System, Manhasset, New York, USA
Clin Cancer Res 11:6155-61. 2005
- [Malnutrition in cancer patient: when to have a specialized consultation?]
Institut Gustave Roussy, Villejuif, France
Bull Cancer 96:615-23. 2009
..The role of the specialist in nutrition is to interpret the literature and to develop procedures for specific cases...
- Mortality study of chemical workers exposed to dioxins: follow-up 23 years after chemical plant closure
Institute for Occupational and Maritime Medicine, Hamburg, Germany
Occup Environ Med 69:636-42. 2012
..To examine the long-term effects of dioxin-exposure, particularly with regard to cancer mortality, in a follow-up 23 years after closure of the chemical plant (Hamburg, Germany)...
- Topoisomerase alpha II, retinoblastoma gene product, and p53: potential relationships with aggressive behavior and malignant transformation in recurrent respiratory papillomatosis
Department of Pathology, University of Utah Health Sciences Center, Salt Lake City 84132, USA
Appl Immunohistochem Mol Morphol 9:86-91. 2001
..Increased topoisomerase alpha II and p53 expression along with reduced RB gene protein product and p21 expression may serve as markers of transformation to invasive papillomatosis and squamous carcinoma...
- Cancer mortality in a cohort of asbestos textile workers
Dipartimento di Traumatologia, Ortopedia e Medicina del Lavoro, , Via Zuretti 29, 10126 Torino, Italy
Br J Cancer 92:580-6. 2005
..This study confirms and further quantifies the central role of latency in pleural mesothelioma and of cumulative exposure in lung cancer...
- [TNM 2010. What's new?]
Institut fur Pathologie, Universitatsklinikum Leipzig, Liebigstr 26, 04103 Leipzig
Pathologe 31:153-60. 2010
..For several tumour entities only minor changes were introduced which might be of importance in daily practice. The new classifications and changes will be commented on without going into details...
- 2',5'-Oligoadenylate synthetase activity analysis and human papilloma virus typing as prognostic factors in patients with recurrent respiratory papillomatosis
Department of Paediatric Pathology, Institute of Pathology, Johannes Gutenberg University of Mainz, Langenbeckstrasse 1, 55101 Mainz, Germany
J Laryngol Otol 118:750-6. 2004
- Current diagnostic and management trends for recurrent respiratory papillomatosis
Damon A Silverman
Division of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Department of Surgery, University of Vermont College of Medicine, Burlington, Vermont, USA
Curr Opin Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 12:532-7. 2004
..This includes a discussion of new information regarding the epidemiology and pathogenesis of RRP and an update on adjuvant therapy and new surgical techniques...
- Upper aerodigestive tract cancers in former employees at an iron and steel works
Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, University of Newcastle upon Tyne, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Occup Med (Lond) 51:336-42. 2001
..The lack of complete work histories meant that relationships between cancer incidence and length of service or job categories could not be explored...
- An ecological study of cancer mortality rates in high altitude counties of the United States
Ada O Youk
Center for Occupational Biostatistics and Epidemiology, Graduate School of Public Health, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA 15261, USA
High Alt Med Biol 13:98-104. 2012
..Our results corroborate previous altitude studies of cancer mortality...
- DNA methylation biomarkers in biological fluids for early detection of respiratory tract cancer
Department of Microbiology, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Medical School, Thessaloniki, Greece
Clin Chem Lab Med 50:1723-31. 2012
..We also discuss important aspects of biomarker development and validation pointing to the appropriate route for a biomarker to reach clinical standards...
- [The program for early diagnosis of the upper respiratory tract and digestive system neoplasms offered to alcoholics in the region of Friuli-Venice Giulia]
Servizio di Epidemiologia e Direzione Sanitaria, Centro di Riferimento Oncologico, Aviano
Acta Otorhinolaryngol Ital 12:337-44. 1992
- [The assessment of age-standardised cancer incidence rates in the chosen organ systems]
Katedra i Klinika Chorob Wewnetrznych, Geriatrii i Toksykologii Klinicznej, Akademii Medycznej w Gdansku
Przegl Lek 64:376-7. 2007
..Age-standardized incidence rate in the reproductive system was higher in comparison with the corresponding rates for digestive and respiratory systems. The authors put under discussion a hypothesis of this phenomenon...
- [Tobacco smoking and multiple primary cancers]
Katedra i Klinika Chorob Wewnetrznych, Geriatrii i Toksykologii Klinicznej, Akademii Medycznej w Gdansku
Przegl Lek 64:374-5. 2007
..1) years. Smoking rate was 80.3% at diagnosis of the second cancer and only 10 patients (13.1%) quit smoking when first cancer was recognized. The results of the research indicate the necessity of conducting wide prophylactic actions...
- Mortality and cancer incidence in a pooled cohort of US firefighters from San Francisco, Chicago and Philadelphia (1950-2009)
Robert D Daniels
Division of Surveillance, Hazard Evaluations, and Field Studies, National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health, Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
Occup Environ Med 71:388-97. 2014
..To examine mortality patterns and cancer incidence in a pooled cohort of 29 993 US career firefighters employed since 1950 and followed through 2009...
- [Primary study on glycan structure in pathopoiesis mechanism of recurrent respiratory papillomatosis]
Department of Otorhinolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Beijing Tongren Hospital, Capital Medical University, Key Laboratory of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Ministry of Education, Beijing 100730, China
Zhonghua Er Bi Yan Hou Tou Jing Wai Ke Za Zhi 43:355-9. 2008
..To compare the molecular basis difference between recurrent respiratory papillomatosis (RRP) and vocal cord polyp, to analyze the expression of glycan structural genes, and to discuss the pathopoiesis mechanism of RRP...
- The epidemiology of human papillomavirus infection and cervical cancer
F Xavier Bosch
Institut Catala d Oncologia, Epidemiology and Cancer Registration Unit, E 08907 L Hospitalet de Llobregat, Barcelona, Spain
Dis Markers 23:213-27. 2007
..Women exposed to the Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) are at high risk for HPV infection, HPV DNA persistency and progression of HPV lesions to cervical cancer...
- Up-regulation of Rac1 by epidermal growth factor mediates COX-2 expression in recurrent respiratory papillomas
The Feinstein Institute for Medical Research, North Shore LIJ Health System, New Hyde Park, and Department of Otorhinolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, New York, USA
Mol Med 13:143-50. 2007
..Thus, the signaling cascades that regulate COX-2 expression are different in HPV-infected papilloma cells, with a significant contribution by the EGFR-- Rac1-->p38 pathway...
- [Pilot study of screening for the early diagnosis of tumors of the upper respiratory and digestive tracts in individuals at risk in the Friuli-Venezia Giulia region]
Divisione di Otorinolaringoiatria dell Ospedale Civile di Pordenone
Acta Otorhinolaryngol Ital 10:129-38. 1990
- Mortality and causes of death in patients with monoclonal gammopathy of undetermined significance
Department of Haematology B, Aalborg Hospital, Aalborg, Denmark
Br J Haematol 112:353-7. 2001
..MGUS patients often suffer from coexisting clinical conditions that increase the mortality, especially during the first years after detection of the M-component...
- The activator protein-1 transcription factor in respiratory epithelium carcinogenesis
Michalis V Karamouzis
Department of Biological Chemistry, Medical School, University of Athens, 75 M Asias Street, 11527 Athens, Greece
Mol Cancer Res 5:109-20. 2007
- Recurrent respiratory papillomatosis
R A Tasca
Leighton Hospital, Crewe, UK
Arch Dis Child 91:689-91. 2006
..Affected children usually require multiple interventions; the impact on patients, their families, and the healthcare system is considerable. Treatment of RRP accounts for an estimated dollar 109 million annual expenditure in the USA...
- [Questions and answers about asbestos]
U M F Carol Davila, Catedra de Medicina Muncii
Pneumologia 54:195-9. 2005
- [Smoking and alcohol: a deadly combination]
Institutul de Pneumologie M Nasta Bucureşti
Pneumologia 55:80-4. 2006
- Interferon alpha-2b as adjuvant treatment of recurrent respiratory papillomatosis in Cuba: National Programme (1994-1999 report)
Centro de Investigaciones Biologicas, La Habana, Cuba
J Laryngol Otol 118:681-7. 2004
..Treatment with IFN alpha-2b, as an adjuvant to surgery represents a favourable and safe therapeutic alternative for patients with recurrent respiratory papillomatosis...
- [Health risk for the vulnerable population exposed to arsenic in the province of Buenos Aires, Argentina]
Julio A Navoni
Cátedra de Toxicología y Química Legal, Universidad de Buenos Aires, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Rev Panam Salud Publica 31:1-8. 2012
..To analyze the concentration of arsenic in water collected in localities of the province of Buenos Aires, Argentina, and the epidemiological relationship of that concentration to factors of susceptibility and associated pathologies...
- [The detection of cytokine and immunoglobulin in sera of children with respiratory papillomatosis]
Department of Medinstitute, Wuhan University
Lin Chuang Er Bi Yan Hou Ke Za Zhi 16:292-4. 2002
..To investigate the levels and effects of cytokine and immunoglobulin on children with respiratory papillomatosis(RP)...
- Triple manifestation of extramedullary plasmacytoma in the upper airway: an unusual clinical entity
Department of Otolaryngology, Royal Victoria Eye and Ear Hospital, Dublin, Ireland
J Laryngol Otol 125:970-2. 2011
..We report an extremely rare case of extramedullary plasmacytoma...
- Adenocarcinoma of the upper aerodigestive tract
Edward B Stelow
Department of Pathology, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, USA
Adv Anat Pathol 17:262-9. 2010
..Clinical, histologic, and immunohistochemical features and differential diagnoses are discussed...
- Inhibition of cyclooxygenase-2: an approach to preventing cancer of the upper aerodigestive tract
A J Dannenberg
Department of Medicine, New York Presbyterian Hospital and Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York 10021, USA
Ann N Y Acad Sci 952:109-15. 2001
..Importantly, clinical trials have been initiated to assess the chemopreventive properties of selective COX-2 inhibitors...
- Fine-needle aspiration cytology of basaloid squamous cell carcinoma and small cell carcinoma-a comparison study
Rebecca A Marks
IU Health Pathology Laboratory, Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, Indiana 46202
Diagn Cytopathol 41:81-4. 2013
..Adenoid cystic-like features and the presence of single keratinized cells were specific for basaloid squamous cell carcinoma (P < 0.05)...
- Significance of human papillomavirus 16/18 infection in association with p53 mutation in lung carcinomas
Department of Public Health, Xi an Jiaotong University School of Medicine, Xi an, Shanxi, China
Clin Respir J 7:27-33. 2013
..The role of high-risk human papillomavius (HPV) 16/18 in the development of lung cancer has recently been explored, and p53 mutation is a finding in lung cancer; however, its association with HPV infection is not well studied...
- Neck dissection shoulder syndrome: quantification and three-dimensional evaluation with an optoelectronic tracking system
Department of Otorhinolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, University Hospital Inselspital, University of Bern, Bern, Switzerland
Ann Otol Rhinol Laryngol 112:939-46. 2003
..The Constant scores were significantly lower after RND than after MRND (p < .01). Three-dimensional evaluation of the shoulder syndrome supports the Constant score, quantifying what can be measured objectively...
- Amyloid in localised deposits and plasmacytomas of the respiratory tract
J Pathol 128:29-38. 1979
..Possible reasons for the association of amyloid precursors in respiratory tract amyloid with seromucinous glands are given...
- Primary major airway tumors; management and results
Mohammad Behgam Shadmehr
Tracheal Diseases Research Center, NRITLD National Research Institute of Tuberculosis and Lung Diseases, Massih Daneshvari Hospital, Shahid Beheshti University of Medical Sciences and Health Services, Darabad, Tehran 19558 41452, Iran
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 39:749-54. 2011
..Primary major airway tumors are rare. A retrospective analysis of referral centers experience could be helpful for their management...
- How airway venous malformations differ from airway infantile hemangiomas
DO, Division of Pediatric Otolaryngology, Seattle Children s Hospital, 4800 Sand Point Way NE, Mail Stop W 7729, Seattle, WA 98105 0371, USA
Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 137:352-7. 2011
..To compare airway infantile hemangiomas (IHs) and venous malformations (VMs) clinically, radiographically, endoscopically, and histologically...
- Cancer incidence, mortality from cancer and survival in men of different occupational classes
Section of Preventive Cardiology, Sahlgrenska University Hospital Ostra, Goteborg, Sweden
Eur J Epidemiol 19:533-40. 2004
..75 (95% confidence interval 1.22-2.50) in unskilled workers compared to higher officials (p for trend 0.015)...
- Historical cohort study of US man-made vitreous fiber production workers: III. Analysis of exposure-weighted measures of respirable fibers and formaldehyde in the nested case-control study of respiratory system cancer
A O Youk
Department of Biostatistics, Graduate School of Public Health, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA 15261, USA
J Occup Environ Med 43:767-78. 2001
..In the schemes considered, exposure weighting generally reduced the estimated risk of RSC...
- Indole-3-carbinol for recurrent respiratory papillomatosis: long-term results
Clark A Rosen
University of Pittsburgh Voice Center, Department of Otolaryngology, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
J Voice 18:248-53. 2004
..No immediate or long-term side effects related to I3C were found. I3C has been found to be a successful treatment option for RRP. I3C's efficacy in pediatric patients merits further study...
- Clinical course of recurrent respiratory papillomatosis in Danish children
Michael J Silverberg
Department of Epidemiology, Bloomberg School of Public Health, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 130:711-6. 2004
..To evaluate the clinical course of juvenile-onset recurrent respiratory papillomatosis (RP) with respect to age, disease duration, and maternal condylomas...
- Replacing the no-effect level (NOEL) with bounded effect levels (OBEL and LEBEL)
Sven Ove Hansson
Philosophy Unit, Royal Institute of Technology, Teknikringen 78, S 100 44 Stockholm, Sweden
Stat Med 21:3071-8. 2002
..Contrary to no-observed-effect' levels (NOELs), LEBEL values are designed to protect against type II (false negative) errors. It is proposed that LEBEL values replace NOELs as a tool for decision-making...
- [The hypoxia tolerance of children with recurrent respiratory papillomatosis in surgical procedures]
Department of Otorhinolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Beijing Tongren Hospital, Capital Medical University, Key Laboratory of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Ministry of Education, Beijing, 100730, China
Lin Chung Er Bi Yan Hou Tou Jing Wai Ke Za Zhi 25:250-1, 254. 2011
..To investigate hypoxia tolerance of children with recurrent respiratory papillomatosis with the spread of trachea in surgical procedures without ventilation via endotracheal tube intermittently under general anesthesia...
- [Diagnostic imaging of cancer]
Országos Onkológiai Intézet, Budapest 1122, Hungary
Magy Onkol 48:167-90. 2004
..The comprehensive cancer centers with all the necessary imaging techniques are the optimal organizations where professional and economic priorities both can be considered for the benefit of cancer patients...
- [The indication of panendoscopy in the search for synchronous and metachronous head and neck cancer]
Unite de chirurgie cervico faciale Service d ORL et de chirurgie cervico faciale HUG, 1211 Geneve 14
Rev Med Suisse 9:1770, 1772-4. 2013
..During follow-up, metachronous malignancy should be searched for in the head and neck region; investigation beyond the head and neck is questionable since prognosis is poor...
- Recurrent respiratory papillomatosis
Naren N Venkatesan
Department of Otolaryngology, University of Texas Medical Branch, 7 104 John Sealy Annex, 301 University Boulevard, Galveston, TX 77555 0521, USA
Otolaryngol Clin North Am 45:671-94, viii-ix. 2012
..Clinical presentation of initial symptoms of RRP may be subtle. RRP course varies, and current management focuses on surgical debulking of papillomatous lesions with or without concurrent adjuvant therapy...
- Immune suppression in premalignant respiratory papillomas: enriched functional CD4+Foxp3+ regulatory T cells and PD-1/PD-L1/L2 expression
Lynda J Hatam
The Feinstein Institute for Medical Research, 350 Community Drive, Room 1239, Manhasset, NY 11030, USA
Clin Cancer Res 18:1925-35. 2012
..To illuminate why patients with recurrent respiratory papillomatosis (RRP) fail to effectively control their disease, we further investigated the suppressive cellular microenvironment in papillomas...
- A complicated, metastatic, humeral air sac cystadenocarcinoma in a timneh African grey parrot (Psittacus erithacus timneh)
Clinic for Birds and Reptiles, University of Leipzig An den Tierkliniken, 17, 04103, Leipzig, Germany
J Avian Med Surg 27:38-43. 2013
- [Aero-digestive tract squamous intra-epithelial neoplasia]
Laboratoire d Anatomie Pathologique, CHU de Liege, 1, Avenue de l Hopital, 4000 Liege, Belgique
Ann Pathol 33:102-9. 2013
..This publication aims to review the molecular alterations which have been identified in these lesions, to clarify the clinical manifestations and to discuss the proposed histological classification...
- Propranolol is an effective treatment for airway haemangiomas: a critical analysis and meta-analysis of published interventional studies
P V Vlastarakos
ENT Deptartment, Lister Hospital, Stevenage, UK
Acta Otorhinolaryngol Ital 32:213-21. 2012
..Children should remain on propranolol until the haemangioma enters the phase of involution. Active parental monitoring is essential to ensure treatment safety...
- Congenital pulmonary airway malformation with mucoepidermoid carcinoma: a case report and review of literature
Department of Pathology, Apollo Hospitals, Chennai, India
Indian J Pathol Microbiol 55:540-2. 2012
..We report the first case of mucoepidermoid carcinoma arising in a type 1 CCAM...
- Mentholated cigarettes and smoking-related cancers revisited: an ecologic examination
Geoffrey C Kabat
Department of Epidemiology and Population Health, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY 10461, USA
Regul Toxicol Pharmacol 63:132-9. 2012
- Neoplastic severe central airways obstruction, interventional bronchoscopy: a decision-making analysis
Pulmonary Service, Hospital S João Medical Center, Porto, Portugal
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 145:926-32. 2013
..This study focuses on the development of a predictive preintervention model that is useful when deciding whether to perform therapeutic interventional bronchoscopy in patients with severe central airway obstruction...
- The economic burden of noncervical human papillomavirus disease in the United States
Program in Health Decision Science, Department of Health Policy and Management, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 198:500.e1-7. 2008
- Tumour biology and histopathology of neuroendocrine tumours
Department of Pathology, University of Kiel, Michaelisstr 11, 24105 Kiel, Germany
Best Pract Res Clin Endocrinol Metab 21:15-31. 2007
..Their clinical behaviour--ranging from benign and low-grade to high-grade malignancy--can be predicted on the basis of clinicopathological criteria. Currently extensive work is being performed to unravel the genetic background...
- Genital HPVs in the aerodigestive tract: etiologic association with a subset of oropharyngeal/tonsillar cancers and with recurrent respiratory papillomatosis
Keerti V Shah
Department of Molecular Microbiology and Immunology, Bloomberg School of Public Health, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Dis Markers 23:235-45. 2007
- [Carcinoembryonic antigen (CEA)]
Department of Biochemistry, Fukuoka University School of Medicine
Nihon Rinsho 63:632-4. 2005
- Surgical management of well-differentiated thyroid cancer locally invasive to the respiratory tract
Anthony W Kim
Department of Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery, Rush University Medical Center, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
J Am Coll Surg 201:619-27. 2005
- HspE7 treatment of pediatric recurrent respiratory papillomatosis: final results of an open-label trial
Craig S Derkay
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Eastern Virginia Medical School, Norfolk, Virginia, USA
Ann Otol Rhinol Laryngol 114:730-7. 2005
- Unique challenges of obtaining regulatory approval for a multicenter protocol to study the genetics of RRP and suggested remedies
Mylaina L Sherwood
Center for Genomic Sciences at Allegheny Singer Research Institute, Allegheny General Hospital, 320 East North Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15212 4772, USA
Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 135:189-96. 2006
..This study describes the process of obtaining regulatory approval for a minimal risk genetic study in a multi-center setting as undertaken by the Recurrent Respiratory Papillomatosis (RRP) Task Force...