maxillary sinus neoplasms
Summary: Neoplasms or tumors of the maxillary sinus. The majority of paranasal sinus neoplasms arise here. They develop silently when confined to the sinus and produce symptoms on extension through the walls.
Publications143 found, 100 shown here
- Combined therapy with conservative surgery, radiotherapy, and regional chemotherapy for maxillary sinus carcinomaH Nishino
Department of Otolaryngology, Jichi Medical School, Tochigi, Japan
Cancer 89:1925-32. 2000..Current goals for the treatment of carcinoma of the maxillary sinus include the preservation of vision, ability to eat, ability to communicate, and appearance as well as cure...
- Genomic profiling of sinonasal squamous cell carcinomaFernando Lopez
Department of Otolaryngology, Instituto Universitario de Oncologia del Principado de Asturias, Hospital Universitario Central de Asturias, Oviedo, Asturias, Spain
Head Neck 33:145-53. 2011..Sinonasal squamous cell carcinomas (SCCs) are rare tumors with no etiologic link to tobacco and alcohol, as opposed to other SCCs of the head and neck (HNSCC). Little is known about the genetic changes in sinonasal SCC...
- Patterns of failure after combined-modality approaches incorporating radiotherapy for sinonasal undifferentiated carcinoma of the head and neckAllen M Chen
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of California, San Francisco Comprehensive Cancer Center, San Francisco, CA, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 70:338-43. 2008..To report the clinical outcome of patients treated with combined-modality approaches for sinonasal undifferentiated carcinoma (SNUC) of the head and neck...
- Malignant myoepithelioma in the maxillary sinus: case report and review of the literatureMasaharu Hata
Department of Radiology, Yokohama City University Graduate School of Medicine, 3 9 Fukuura, Kanazawa Ku, Yokohama, Kanagawa 236 0004, Japan
Anticancer Res 29:497-501. 2009..No therapy-related severe toxicities were observed. A rare case with malignant myoepithelioma in the maxillary sinus was successfully treated with radiation therapy...
- Immunohistochemical analysis of small cell carcinoma of the head and neck: a report of four patients and a review of sixteen patients in the literature with ectopic hormone productionH Mineta
Department of Otolaryngology, Hamamatsu University School of Medicine, Japan
Ann Otol Rhinol Laryngol 110:76-82. 2001..Antidiuretic hormone and adrenocorticotropic hormone were the hormones that caused clinical symptoms (paraneoplastic syndromes). We believe that the evaluation of hormonal syndromes is valuable for diagnosis and treatment...
- Breast carcinoma metastases in paranasal sinuses, a rare occurrence mimicking a primary nasal malignancy. case reportD Marchioni
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, University of Modena and Reggio Emilia, Modena, Italy
Acta Otorhinolaryngol Ital 24:87-91. 2004..Only the histopathologic examination together with a broad spectrum of immunohistochemical antibodies were useful in confirming the origin of the neoplasm...
- Individually Prefabricated Prosthesis for Maxilla ReconstuctionSekou Singare
Key Laboratory of Biomedical Information Engineering of the Minestry of Education, and Institute of Biomedical Engineering, Xi an Jiaotong University, Xi an, China
J Prosthodont 17:135-40. 2008..These cases show that the prefabrication of a prosthesis using modern manufacturing technology is an effective method for maxillofacial defect reconstruction...
- [Extranasopharyngeal angiofibroma of the nasal cavity and paranasal sinuses]J P Windfuhr
Klinik fur Hals, Nasen, Ohren Krankheiten, Kopf, Hals und Plastische Gesichtschirurgie, Malteser Krankenhaus St Anna, Duisburg
Laryngorhinootologie 83:308-16. 2004..This study was undertaken to evaluate the incidence, clinical features and complications that may occur during the process of diagnosis and surgical therapy of angiofibromas outside the nasopharynx...
- Clinicopathologic differences in malignant melanoma arising in oral squamous and sinonasal respiratory mucosa of the upper aerodigestive tractManju L Prasad
Department of Pathology, Ohio State University Medical Center, Columbus 43210
Arch Pathol Lab Med 127:997-1002. 2003....
- Orofacial haemangiopericytoma--a rare caseS R Shetty
Department of Oral Medicine and Maxillofacial Radiology, Yenepoya Dental College and Hospital, Unit of Yenepoya Institute of Medical Sciences and Research, Nithyanand Nagar Post, Deralakatte, Mangalore 575018, India
Dentomaxillofac Radiol 36:437-40. 2007..The clinical features, radiological findings and differential diagnoses to be considered, and the available treatment options, are discussed in this case report...
- A case of paranasal sinus angiolipomaTravis J Pfannenstiel
Department of Otolaryngology, Brooke Army Medical Center, Fort Sam Houston, Texas 78234 6200, USA
Laryngoscope 113:1080-1. 2003..At the conclusion of the report, the reader should be able to discuss the incidence, treatment options, and long-term prognosis of angiolipomas of the paranasal sinuses...
- Oral and maxillofacial pathology case of the month. Angiocentric T-Cell lymphoma (midline lethal granuloma)Cleverick D Johnson
Department of Restorative Dentistry and Biomaterials, University of Texas Dental Branch at Houston, Houston, Texas, USA
Tex Dent J 124:764-5, 772-3. 2007
- Fine-needle aspiration biopsy cytology of malignant neoplasms of the sinonasal tractJay C Helsel
Department of Pathology, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Little Rock, Arkansas 72205, USA
Cancer 99:105-12. 2003..The role of fine-needle aspiration biopsy (FNAB) and the cytomorphologic features of these tumors have not been specifically addressed...
- Three-dimensional conformal radiotherapy for paranasal sinus carcinoma: clinical results for 25 patientsLaetitia Padovani
Department of Radiation Oncology, Centre Leon Berard, Lyon, France
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 56:169-76. 2003..To assess local control, survival, and clinical and dosimetric prognostic factors in 25 patients with locally advanced maxillary or ethmoid sinus carcinoma treated by three-dimensional conformal radiotherapy (RT)...
- Lymph node metastases in malignant tumors of the paranasal sinuses: prognostic value and treatmentGiulio Cantu
National Cancer Institute, Via Venezian 1, 20133 Milano, Italy
Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 134:170-7. 2008..To assess the frequency of nodal involvement and its prognostic value in malignant tumors of the paranasal sinuses, particularly in maxillary sinus squamous cell carcinoma...
- Primary Ewing's sarcoma of the paranasal sinus with intracranial extension: imaging featuresM Harman
Department of Radiology, University of Yuzuncu Yil Faculty of Medicine, Van, Turkey
Dentomaxillofac Radiol 32:343-6. 2003..CT and MRI findings of this unusual case are discussed. To our knowledge, this case is the first to be reported with CT and MRI documentation...
- Ethmoido-orbital tumors: our experienceGiorgio Iannetti
Department of Maxillo Facial Surgery, University of Rome La Sapienza, Rome, Italy
J Craniofac Surg 16:1085-91. 2005..1% at 5 and 10 years. Intracranial involvement is the main element for short-term negative prognosis. Orbital exenteration is fundamental if grade III orbital invasion occurs because it ensures an improvement of the disease-free survival...
- Cytologic findings in calcifying epithelial odontogenic tumor: a case reportMohammad Javad Shekarkhar
Department of Pathology and Otolaryngology, Shiraz Medical School, Shiraz University of Medical Sciences, Islamic Republic of Iran
Acta Cytol 49:533-6. 2005..This report describes the cytologic findings in a case of CEOT...
- Myxomatous lesions of the maxilla in children: a case series and review of managementBrian W Rotenberg
Department of Otolaryngology, The Hospital for Sick Children, Elm Wing 6th Floor, 555 University Avenue, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5G 1X8
Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol 68:1251-6. 2004..The purpose of this study was to report on our experience in managing these patients, including diagnostic work-up, histopathologic findings and an evaluation of surgical treatment outcomes...
- Stage III-IV sinonasal and nasal cavity carcinoma treated with three-dimensional conformal radiotherapyAnna Maria Gabriele
Department of Radiotherapy, San Giovanni Antica Sede Hospital, Turin, Italy
Tumori 94:320-6. 2008..To report the dosimetric data and clinical outcomes of patients with advanced neoplasm of the paranasal sinuses and nasal cavity, treated by three-dimensional conformal radiotherapy...
- [Prognostic analysis of 151 patients with maxillary sinus malignant neoplasms]Gui Fang Guo
Department of VIP Inpatient Service Section Three, Cancer Center, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou, Guangdong, 510060, P R China
Ai Zheng 23:1546-50. 2004..Five-year survival rate of patients with maxillary malignant neoplasms is low, the prognostic factors of these neoplasms were unclear. This study was to investigate prognostic factors of maxillary sinus malignant neoplasms...
- New proposal for T classification of gingival carcinomas arising in the maxillaT Sasaki
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Dokkyo University School of Medicine, 880 Kitakobayashi, Mibu, Tochigi 321 0293, Japan
Int J Oral Maxillofac Surg 33:349-52. 2004..Increased use of the SNF criteria is expected to improve staging of gingival tumors arising in the maxilla and increase the accuracy of diagnosis, especially of T4 tumors...
- Primary intraosseous carcinoma of the anterior maxilla: report of a new caseImad Abu el-Naaj
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Rambam Medical Center, Technion Faculty of Medicine, Haifa, Israel
J Oral Maxillofac Surg 63:405-9. 2005
- Opaque maxillary antrum: a pictorial reviewA Whyte
Perth Radiological Clinic, Department of Otolaryngology, Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital, Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Australas Radiol 49:203-13. 2005..Computed tomography remains the most useful technique in coming to a specific diagnosis. Magnetic resonance imaging adds specificity in a few selected situations and is required in conjunction with CT in the staging of malignant tumours...
- Adenoid cystic carcinoma of maxillary sinus with metastatic hepatocellular carcinoma. Case reportNobuo Satake
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, JA Kochi Hospital, Myouken, Nankoku, Kochi, Japan
APMIS 113:450-5. 2005..Primary ACC and metastatic HCC in the maxillary sinus are rare, and this may therefore be the first case of maxillary sinus tumor with both these elements...
- Squamous cell carcinoma presenting as an endodontic-periodontic lesionPaul A Levi
Department of Periodontology, Tufts University School of Dental Medicine, Boston, MA 02111, USA
J Periodontol 76:1798-804. 2005..The subsequent management of the case is also discussed. The study was conducted in accordance with the Helsinki Declaration of 1975, as revised in 2000...
- [Orbital extension of sinus plasmacytoma secondarily transforming into multiple myeloma: a case study]S Balayre
Service d Ophtalmologie, CHU, Poitiers
J Fr Ophtalmol 27:67-71. 2004....
- [Verrucous carcinoma of the nasal cavity: a case report]Yoshihito Suda
Department of Otolaryngology, Kagoshima City Hospital, Kagoshima
Nihon Jibiinkoka Gakkai Kaiho 106:156-9. 2003..In our case, the tumor showed typical features of a hybrid tumor. To the best of our knowledge, this is the first case of hybrid verrucous squamous cell carcinoma originating in the nose in the Japanese literature...
- Hematoma-like mass of the maxillary sinusMizuho Yagisawa
Department of Biology and Function in the Head and Neck, Graduate School of Medicine, Yokohama City University, Japan
Acta Otolaryngol 126:277-81. 2006..This lesion should be distinguished from hemangioma and hematoma. We propose the name "hematoma-like mass of the maxillary sinus" for this disease, based on its histological characteristics...
- Craniofacial resection for sinunasal tumorsM Granados-Garcia
Department of Head and Neck Surgery, Instituto Nacional de Cancerologia, Mexico, Tlalpan
Clin Transl Oncol 8:119-23. 2006..Surgical resection remains the mainstay of treatment, but its relative therapeutic value compared with alternative treatments is controversial...
- Giant myoepithelioma of the face: MDCT with 2D and 3D imagesOmer Onbas
Department of Radiology, School of Medicine, Ataturk University, Erzurum, Turkey
AJR Am J Roentgenol 187:W418-9. 2006
- Treatment of nasal cavity and paranasal sinus cancer with modern radiotherapy techniques in the postoperative setting--the MSKCC experienceBradford S Hoppe
Department of Radiation Oncology, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10021, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 67:691-702. 2007..To perform a retrospective analysis of patients with paranasal sinus (PNS) cancer treated with postoperative radiotherapy (RT) at Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center...
- Sinonasal undifferentiated carcinoma with orbital invasion: report of three casesN Sharara
Department of Ophthalmology, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Ophthal Plast Reconstr Surg 17:288-92. 2001..SNUC should be distinguished from other small, round, blue cell tumors, in particular, esthesioneuroblastoma...
- [Endonasal endoscopic approach in the treatment of sino-nasal inverted papillomas]J Percodani
Praticien Hospitalier, CHU Rangueil Larrey, 24, chemin de Pouvourville TSA 300 30, 31059 Toulouse Cedex 9, France
Ann Otolaryngol Chir Cervicofac 123:312-8. 2006..Nevertheless, the authors aim in this study to evaluate the advantages and the limits of this approach, to analyse its failures and its recurrences, and to define the indications for using it with the external or dissimulated approach...
- [Is orbital exenteration indicated for extensive primary mucosal melanomas of the sinunasal system?]M Hölzl
Hals Nasen Ohrenklinik und Poliklinik Charite, Campus Mitte, Berlin
Laryngorhinootologie 86:346-51. 2007..Orbital decompression should be considered with reference to the quality of life...
- Prevention of postoperative complications in skull base surgery for nasal or paranasal sinus carcinoma invading the skull baseS Nishizawa
Department of Neurosurgery, Hamamatsu University School of Medicine, Shizuoka, Japan
J Clin Neurosci 8:67-70. 2001..With this technique, there were no postoperative infections...
- Sinochoanal polyp and its variant, the angiomatous polyp: MRI findingsS De Vuysere
Department of Radiology, University Hospitals Leuven, Belgium
Eur Radiol 11:55-8. 2001..An angiomatous polyp mimics a hypervascular mass lesion on enhanced MR studies. The anatomic location and association with a sinusal polyp allows the correct diagnosis...
- Rapidly growing mass of the anterior maxillary gingivaSouichi Yanamoto
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Unit of Translational Medicine, Nagasaki University Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, Nagasaki, Japan
Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 104:153-9. 2007
- Solitary plasmacytoma of the maxilla--a case report and review of the literatureSukumaran Anil
Department of Periodontics, College of Dentistry, King Saud University, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Gen Dent 55:39-43. 2007..The neoplastic cells had a large, single eccentric nucleus, resembling typical plasma cells. The clinical, histopathological, and radiological features of solitary plasmacytoma are discussed...
- Squamous cell carcinoma of the maxillary sinus and the oral part of the upper jaw. Comparison of treatment resultsH Shibuya
Department of Radiology, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, Japan
Acta Oncol 33:43-7. 1994..The local recurrence rate was high in the inoperable MC patients (6/8). Contralateral sinus cancers occurred in 4 patients in the MC group...
- Irradiation of paranasal sinus tumors, a delineation and dose comparison studyCoen Rasch
Department of Radiotherapy, The Netherlands Cancer Institute Antoni van Leeuwenhoek Huis, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 52:120-7. 2002..To determine the influence of observer variation and treatment planner variation on the dose delivered to the target and normal structures when irradiating paranasal sinus carcinomas...
- Primary adenocarcinoma of the maxillary sinus simulating an osteosarcomaJames Roth
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, New Orleans, USA
Ear Nose Throat J 81:14. 2002
- Case report: B-cell lymphoma of the maxillary sinusJuan F Yepes
Department of Oral Health Practice, University of Kentucky College of Dentistry, Lexington, KY 40536, USA
Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 102:792-5. 2006..Radiographic and clinical features that should be considered in establishing a differential diagnosis of malignant disease are discussed...
- The unilateral opaque maxillary sinus on computed tomographyM Rudralingam
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Leicester Royal Infirmary, Leicester LE1 5WW, UK
Br J Oral Maxillofac Surg 40:504-7. 2002..We emphasise the importance of nasendoscopic examination in the accurate assessment of sinonasal disease...
- [Sinonasal mucosal melanoma]P Pomar Blanco
Servicio de ORL, Hospital de El Bierzo, Ponferrada, Leon
An Otorrinolaringol Ibero Am 34:349-58. 2007..The actuarial disease-free survival for this group of 6 is 33.3% (2 of 6). Mucosal melanoma of the head and neck remains a difficult disease to treat, with high locoregional recurrence rates and poor prognosis...
- Three cases of organized hematoma of the maxillary sinusTae Mi Yoon
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Chonnam National University Medical School, 8, Hakdong, Dong Gu, Gwangju 501 190, Korea
Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol 263:823-6. 2006..In the evaluation of a patient with recurrent nasal bleeding, nasal obstruction, and an enlarging maxillary mass, organized hematoma of the maxillary sinus should be included in the differential diagnosis...
- Nasal chondrosarcoma in an infant: radiologic and histologic correlationK Taori
AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 27:1394-5. 2006
- Malignant peripheral nerve sheath tumour of the paranasal sinusHyun Jik Kim
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Yonsei University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
J Otolaryngol 36:E9-11. 2007
- Widespread subcutaneous distant metastases from a head and neck squamous cell carcinomaGary R Hoffman
Leicester Royal Infirmary, UK
J Oral Maxillofac Surg 60:954-8. 2002
- Sinonasal verrucous carcinoma with oral invasionP Karthikeya
Department of Oral Medicine and Radiology, JSS Dental College and Hospital, S S Nagar, Mysore 15
Indian J Dent Res 17:82-6. 2006..The clinical presentation and the histopathological features of verrucous carcinoma are a subject of continuous discussion amongst diagnosticians and pathologists. A case with oral and nasal presentation of this tumor is reported here...
- Association of verrucous carcinoma and inverted papilloma in the sinonasal tractTeruo Shiomori
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, University of Occupational and Environmental Health, School of Medicine, 1 1 Iseigaoka, Yahatanishi ku, Kitakyushu 807 8555, Japan
Auris Nasus Larynx 34:281-5. 2007..She is currently free from symptoms, and there is no evidence of recurrence 5 months after surgery. The pathology, clinical manifestation, and treatment of VC associated with IP are reviewed from literature...
- Small cell neuroendocrine carcinoma of the sinonasal region. A propose of a caseRaúl González-García
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Head and Neck Surgery, University Hospital La Princesa, Autonoma University, C Diego de Leon, 62, 28006 Madrid, Spain
Br J Oral Maxillofac Surg 45:676-8. 2007..He refused operation and was treated unsuccessfully with four cycles of cisplatin and etoposide...
- Benign schwannoma in paranasal sinuses: a clinico-pathological study of five cases, emphasising diagnostic difficultiesH Y Sheikh
Department of Clinical Oncology, Christie Hospital NHS Trust, Manchester, UK
J Laryngol Otol 122:598-602. 2008..To highlight the difficulty in making a correct diagnosis of benign schwannoma in the paranasal region, to raise awareness of this rare condition, and to suggest the most appropriate treatment...
- Odontogenic myxoma in a 17-month-old child: a case reportSinead Fenton
University Medical Centre, Utrecht, The Netherlands
J Oral Maxillofac Surg 61:734-6. 2003
- Computer image-guided surgery for total maxillectomyAkihiro Homma
Department of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, Hokkaido University Graduate School of Medicine, Kita 15, Nishi 7, Kita ku, Sapporo, 060 8638, Japan
Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol 265:1521-6. 2008..This study evaluated the use of an ICTGS in total maxillectomy. Five patients with maxillary sinus neoplasms underwent surgery using a StealthStation ICTGS...
- Myxoid chondrosarcoma of the maxilla in a pediatric patientSabine Jorg
Department of Otolaryngology and Head and Neck Surgery, University of Munster, Munster, Germany
Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol 263:195-8. 2006..This case reaffirms the importance of considering sarcomas or other neoplastic lesions in the differential diagnosis of progressive nasal obstruction in children...
- Malignant melanoma imaging with Tl-201N Watanabe
Department of Radiology, Toyama Medical and Pharmaceutical University, Japan
Clin Nucl Med 23:764-6. 1998..The findings indicate the utility of Tl-201 to detect the primary lesion and to identify postoperative recurrence in malignant melanoma...
- Two maxillary lesions containing bony/calcified shellsK Gurel
Department of Radiology, Izzet Baysal School of Medicine, Abant Izzet Baysal University, Bolu, Turkey
Dentomaxillofac Radiol 38:296-300. 2009..Diagnoses of a residual radicular cyst in one case and a calcified mucocoele (which is very rare) in the other case were predicted with the help of radiological findings and were confirmed surgically and histopathologically...
- [Solitary neurofibroma of the maxillary sinus]E E M Nao
Service universitaire d ORL et chirurgie cervico faciale, Hopital Aristide Le Dantec, CHU, BP 6483, Dakar Etoile, Senegal
Ann Otolaryngol Chir Cervicofac 126:256-8. 2009..To illustrate the rarity and difficulty diagnosing maxillary sinus neurofibroma through a case report...
- Malignant fibrous histiocytoma of the maxillary sinus presenting as toothacheYi Wei Chan
Department of Otolaryngology, Taoyuan Veterans Hospital, Taiwan, ROC
J Chin Med Assoc 67:104-7. 2004..Seventeen months after the surgery, the patient was clinically well without any evidence of local recurrence or distant metastasis...
- A totally implanted intra-arterial chemotherapy system for advanced maxillary sinus carcinomaHiroaki Nakatani
Department of Otolaryngology, Kochi Medical School, Nankoku, Kochi, Japan
ORL J Otorhinolaryngol Relat Spec 71:116-22. 2010..Both reservoir systems for intra-arterial cisplatin and intravenous sodium thiosulfate infusions are low- invasive, safe and effective procedures for treatment of advanced maxillary sinus carcinoma...
- Osteosarcoma of the jaws in childrenM E Donaldson
Department of Pediatric Dentistry, Nova Southeastern University College of Dental Medicine, Fort Lauderdale, Florida, USA
Int J Paediatr Dent 14:54-60. 2004..It is believed that this is the youngest patient reported to date with juxtacortical osteosarcoma of the jaws. He was treated by block resection of the right side of the mandible and is free of disease 3(1/2) years later...
- Novel use of unilateral galeopericranial flaps for closure of sino-orbital cutaneous fistulasVikas Mehta
Department of Otolaryngology, The New York Eye and Ear Infirmary, New York, New York 10003, USA
Laryngoscope 121:777-81. 2011..Both patients' defects have remained closed at follow-up with excellent cosmetic results...
- Non-Hodgkin's lymphoma of the paranasal sinuses. Report of two casesP P Lefebvre
ENT Department, , Belgium
Acta Otorhinolaryngol Belg 51:93-8. 1997..The diagnosis is often missed at the early stages of the disease. Two cases of primary extranodal lymphoma of the maxillary sinus are reported. The diagnosis of these malignancies is emphasized...
- A pivoting appliance for intracavitary brachytherapy in patients with reduced mouth openingC Runte
Department of Prosthodontics, University of Muenster, Germany
Int J Prosthodont 14:178-82. 2001..This report shows the technical procedure for the fabrication of an intracavitary afterloading radiation device...
- [Intranasal sinus operation in palliative therapy in maxillary cancer patient--preliminary report]Grzegorz Matyja
Katedra i Klinika Otolaryngologii i Onkologii Laryngologicznej PAM w Szczecinie
Otolaryngol Pol 62:791-3. 2008..Maxillary sinus was opened. The pain after operation diminished significantly. She died 2 and a half months later, during chemiotherapy, but free of pain...
- Adenoid cystic carcinoma in palate and maxillary sinusVanessa de Fátima Bernardes
State University of Montes Claros, MG, Brazil
Braz J Otorhinolaryngol 72:573. 2006
- Maxillary sinus carcinoma. Natural history and outcomeAli S Al-Jhani
College of Dentistry, King Saud University, Riyadh, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Saudi Med J 25:929-33. 2004..To assess natural history, treatment outcome and pattern of relapse in patients with maxillary sinus carcinoma...
- A fiber-reinforced composite prosthesis restoring a lateral midfacial defect: a clinical reportHemmo Kurunmäki
Vaasa Central Hospital, Vaasa, Finland
J Prosthet Dent 100:348-52. 2008....
- Prognostic factors in maxillary sinus and nasal cavity carcinomaJ F Carrillo
Head and Neck Department, Subdirección de Cirugía, Instituto Nacional de Cancerologia, Mexico City, Mexico
Eur J Surg Oncol 31:1206-12. 2005..The aim of the present study is to define prognostic factors, particularly the impact of treatment on paranasal sinus and nasal cavity malignancies...
- Endoscopic treatment of maxillary inverted papillomaF Pagella
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, University of Pavia, Pavia, Italy
Rhinology 49:369-74. 2011..Evaluate the efficacy of endoscopic treatment in maxillary inverted papilloma (IP)...
- Tumor-to-tumor metastasis: maxillary sinus adenoid cystic carcinoma metastasizing to double primary lung adenocarcinomaWei Yang Lin
Division of Thoracic Surgery, Department of Surgery, Taipei Veterans General Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
Ann Thorac Surg 90:e59-61. 2010..This patient has double primary lung cancer, which increased the complexity of this case...
- Proton therapy for maxillary sinus carcinomaBhishamjit S Chera
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Florida, Jacksonville, FL, USA
Am J Clin Oncol 32:296-303. 2009..To compare the dose-volume data of three-dimensional conformal proton therapy (3DCPT) versus intensity-modulated radiotherapy (IMRT) for a paranasal sinus malignancy...
- Late temporal lobe necrosis after conventional radiotherapy for carcinoma of maxillary sinusMadhava R Kanakamedala
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Mississippi Medical Center, Jackson, MS, USA
Med Oncol 29:2456-8. 2012..The incidence and severity of radionecrosis are dose-volume dependent. We report a case of cerebral radiation necrosis 5 years after radiotherapy for a maxillary sinus carcinoma...
- Nevoid basal cell carcinoma syndromeMarie Leger
Department of Dermatology, New York University, New York, New York, USA
Dermatol Online J 17:23. 2011..We present a patient with many classic features and review some of the treatment options available for these patients...
- Maxillary sinus nonodontogenic myxoma extending into the sphenoid sinus and pterygopalatine fossa: case reportSuleyman Yilmaz
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Duzce University Faculty of Medicine, Duzce Universitesi, Düzce Tıp Fak KBB ABD, Duzce, Turkey
Ear Nose Throat J 90:E28-30. 2011..We removed the mass via a combined endoscopic and gingivobuccal approach. The rarity of a nonodontogenic sinonasal myxoma extending into the sphenoid sinus and pterygopalatine fossa is the basis for our presentation of this case...
- Unusual hematogenous brain metastasis in malignant fibrous histiocytoma of the maxillary sinusTsung Han Wu
Division of Hemato Oncology, Department of Internal Medicine, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, No 200, Lane 208, Ji jin 1st Road, Anle District, Keelung, 204, Taiwan, ROC
Int J Clin Oncol 17:69-74. 2012..To our knowledge, this is the first case of a direct histological diagnosis of maxillary sinus MFH with brain metastasis via a hematogenous route...
- First report of elective selective neck dissection in the management of squamous cell carcinoma of the maxillary sinusJames S Brown
Regional Head and Neck Unit, Aintree University Hospital, Lower Lane, Liverpool L9 7AL, United Kingdom
Br J Oral Maxillofac Surg 51:103-7. 2013..Future research may indicate fewer radiotherapy fields for necks with pathologically clear nodes after elective selective neck dissection...
- Facial paralysis after superselective intra-arterial chemotherapy via the middle meningeal artery in maxillary cancerTaro Takanami
Department of Otolaryngology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Tokyo, Tokyo 113 8655, Japan
Auris Nasus Larynx 36:479-81. 2009..However, in case 2, his facial movement remained at House-Brackmann (H-B) grade IV with severe synkinesis. We must be careful that SSIAC via the MMA may potentially increase the risk of facial paralysis...
- Solitary fibrous tumor of the maxillary sinusLorraine M Smith
Cedars Sinai Medical Group, Beverly Hills, California, USA
Ear Nose Throat J 86:382-3. 2007
- [Maxillary sinus haemangioma]Beatriz Rodríguez-Caballero
Hospital Universitario Marques de Valdecilla, Santander, Cantabria, Espana
Acta Otorrinolaringol Esp 60:451-3. 2009..Axial Tomography and Nuclear Magnetic Resonance revealed a lesion of 7.7x6.9x4.7cm in the left maxillary sinus. Excisional biopsy confirmed the diagnosis of haemangioma...
- [Compound odontoma as a cause of chronic maxillary sinusitis]Jorge Crespo Del Hierro
Servicio de Otorrinolaringologia, Hospital General, Ciudad Real, Espana
Acta Otorrinolaringol Esp 59:359-61. 2008..Here we present a case of a young patient who presented chronic maxillary sinusitis over 2 years, originating in an odontoma located in the sinus drainage area...
- [Chondromyxoid fibroma of the left maxillary and ethmoid sinuses]Carmen Aránzazu Pérez-Fernández
Servicio de Otorrinolaringologia, Hospital General Universitario de Albacete, Albacete, Espana
Acta Otorrinolaringol Esp 60:70-2. 2009..This unusual location, its non-specific clinical manifestation and aggressive behaviour with local destruction and a high recurrence rate can complicate precise diagnosis and treatment...
- [Hyalinizing clear cell carcinoma of the maxilla]B Chatelain
INSERM, laboratoire intervention, Imagerie, ingénierie et innovation en santé Li4S, EA 4268, IFR 133, Service de chirurgie maxillofaciale et stomatologie, Hopital Jean Minjoz, CHU de Besancon, Boulevard Fleming, Besancon Cedex, France
Rev Stomatol Chir Maxillofac 112:183-6. 2011..It usually affects the palate and the base of the tongue, and more rarely the parotid gland. We report a very rare maxillary localization...
- [Metastasis in maxilar sinus as only manifestation of disseminate renal adenocarcinoma]B Torres Muros
Hospital Clinico Virgen de la Victoria de Malaga
An Otorrinolaringol Ibero Am 34:231-6. 2007..Prognosis is poor. The survival rate fluctuates between 15-30% at 5 years. Surgery is the elective treatment...
- Maxillary sinus cancer and metastatic compression of the cauda equina: report of two casesF L Ampil
Division of Radiation Oncology, Louisiana State University School of Medicine, Shreveport, USA
J La State Med Soc 153:497-500. 2001..The treatment of metastatic compression of the cauda equina consisted mainly of radiotherapy, with palliation being achieved in one patient. Survival was expectedly short (3 months) for both individuals...
- Adenomatoid odontogenic tumor (AOT) of maxillary sinus: case report with respect to immunohistochemical findingsReinhard E Friedrich
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Nordwestdeutsche Kieferklinik, Eppendorf Medical Center, University of Hamburg, Germany
In Vivo 23:111-6. 2009..The tumor showed immunoreactivity for certain types of cytokeratins, vimentin and p63, and was focally immunoreactive for alpha smooth muscle actin and epithelial membrane antigen...
- Extensive benign sinonasal squamous papillomaI P Tang
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Malaya, 50630 Kuala Lumpur
Med J Malaysia 62:337-8. 2007..The tumour is excised completely with combined endoscopic transnasal and transcranial approaches. The patient remains disease free at a year interval of follow-up...
- [Radiotherapy of maxillary sinus carcinoma: state of art]C Chargari
service d oncologie radiothérapie, Hôpital d Instruction des Armées Val de Grâce, Paris, France
Cancer Radiother 13:195-204. 2009....
- Inferior oblique muscle palsy following maxillectomy for squamous cell carcinomaAllison A Jensen
University of Minnesota Academic Health Center, Department of Ophthalmology, Philadelphia, PA 19104 4399, USA
J AAPOS 6:51-3. 2002
- Split lateral iliac crest chimera flap: utility of the ascending branch of the lateral femoral circumflex vesselsAmir H Dorafshar
Section of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, University of Chicago Medical Center, Chicago, Ill 60637, USA
Plast Reconstr Surg 125:574-81. 2010..Here, the authors describe the split lateral iliac crest chimera flap and demonstrate the utility of the ascending branch of the lateral femoral circumflex system to provide vascularized bone for complex head and neck reconstruction...
- Anaplastic lymphoma kinase expression and prognosis in inflammatory myofibroblastic tumours of the maxillary sinusZ J Lu
Department of Radiotherapy, The First Affiliated Hospital, College of Medicine, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, China
J Int Med Res 37:2000-8. 2009..The three cases manifested progressive extension with bone destruction and multiple recurrences, and two cases had a fatal outcome and one case had high recurrence...
- Mesenchymal phosphaturic neoplasm in the maxillary sinus: a case reportM Pedrazzoli
Department of Maxillo Facial Surgery, San Paolo Hospital, University of Milan, Via A Di Rudini 8, Milan, Italy
Int J Oral Maxillofac Surg 39:1027-32. 2010..Oncogenic osteomalacia is rare, particularly in the maxillofacial region, and only a few cases have been reported...
- [Malignant mucous primary sinonasal melanoma. A clinic case]D H Balderrama Caballero
Servicio de Otorrinolaringologia, Hospital de Llerena, Zafra Badajoz
An Otorrinolaringol Ibero Am 34:273-80. 2007..The surgical approach it's the most effective treatment complemented with radiotherapy and or chimiotherapy. We present the case of primary nasal mucosal malignant melanoma and review the litterature of this disease...
- [Maxillary sinus osteoma associated with a mucocele]R H Khonsari
Service de Chirurgie Maxillo Faciale et Stomatologie, CHU, 1, Place Alexis Ricordeau, 44000 Nantes, France
Rev Stomatol Chir Maxillofac 112:107-9. 2011..Their craniofacial localization may be part of a syndrome. We report a case of maxillary sinus osteoma associated to a mucocele and a cyst probably of dental origin, with no sign of associated Gardner syndrome...
- [Malignancies arising in sinonasal inverted papillomas]G J Ridder
Universitätsklinik für Hals, Nasen und Ohrenheilkunde und Poliklinik, Universitatsklinikum Freiburg
Laryngorhinootologie 87:783-90. 2008..Whether carcinomas in inverted papillomas arise meta- or synchronous is also still unknown...
- Endoscopic ultrasound-guided fine-needle aspiration of metastatic alveolar rhabdomyosarcoma to the pancreas with fluorescence in situ hybridization: a case reportAndrea J Trujillo
University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT, USA
Diagn Cytopathol 39:612-5. 2011..A diagnosis of metastatic ARMS to the pancreas can be made by EUS-FNA. FISH can be used as an ancillary technique in diagnosing the tumor...
- Characterization of four cell lines derived from a human malignant fibrous histiocytoma of the maxillary sinusA Mori
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Faculty of Medicine, Mie University, Tsu City, 514-8507, Mie, Japan
Oral Oncol 37:527-36. 2001..None of the cells produced transforming growth factor-alpha. The results indicated that the cell lines were immunophenotypically similar to primitive mesenchymal cells...
- [ACTH-producing paraganglioma of the paranasal sinuses]B Lieberum
Klinikum Minden, Hals Nasen Ohren Klinik
HNO 51:328-31. 2003..Resection of the tumour normalised ACTH and cortisol secretion...
- [Malignant fibrous histiocytoma of the maxillary sinus]G Cantu
Div Oncologia Chirurgica Cervico Facciale, Istituto Nazionale per lo Studio e la Cura dei Tumori, Milano
Acta Otorhinolaryngol Ital 12:499-505. 1992..The Authors report a case concerning a 30-years-old men treated at National Cancer Institute of Milan. Clinical history, biological behaviour, therapy and prognostic features of the tumor are discussed...
- Ivory osteoma of the craniofacial skeletonTristan de Chalain
Regional Center for Plastic Surgery, Middlemore Hospital, Otahuhu, Auckland, New Zealand
J Craniofac Surg 14:729-35. 2003..Finally, the etiology, histology, and natural history of ivory osteomas are discussed...
- IMRT Dose OptimizationLei Xing; Fiscal Year: 2006..Thus it will likely result in a measurable improvement in treatment outcome and have a widespread impact on cancer management. ..