Genomes and Genes
Summary: Disorders caused by nutritional imbalance, either overnutrition or undernutrition.
Publications198 found, 100 shown here
- Validation of a nutrition screening tool: testing the reliability and validityS T Burden
Department of Nutrition and Dietetics, Withington Hospital, Nell Lane, Didsbury, Manchester M20 2LR, UK
J Hum Nutr Diet 14:269-75. 2001..The screening tool identifies an acceptable number of patients who are malnourished but overestimates patients at moderate risk...
- Screening the nutritional status in oncology: a preliminary report on 1,000 outpatientsFederico Bozzetti
Department of Surgery, Hospital of Prato, Piazza dell Ospedale 5, 59100 Prato, Italy
Support Care Cancer 17:279-84. 2009....
- Obesity trends in Latin America: transiting from under- to overweightR Uauy
Universidad de Chile, Instituto de Nutricion y Tecnologia de los Alimentos INTA, Casilla 138 11, Santiago, Chile
J Nutr 131:893S-899S. 2001..Defining the right combination of foods/nutrients, education and lifestyle interventions that are required to optimize nutrition and health is a present imperative...
- Trends in diet, nutritional status, and diet-related noncommunicable diseases in China and India: the economic costs of the nutrition transitionB M Popkin
Department of Nutrition, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill 27516-3997, USA
Nutr Rev 59:379-90. 2001..India's rapid increase in diet-related noncommunicable diseases and their costs projects similar economic costs of undernutrition and overnutrition by 2025...
- Development of a valid and reliable malnutrition screening tool for adult acute hospital patientsM Ferguson
Centre for Public Health Research, Queensland University of Technology, Brisbane, Australia
Nutrition 15:458-64. 1999..The interrater reliability of the malnutrition screening tool was high (93-97%). The MST is a simple, quick, valid, and reliable tool which can be used to identify patients at risk of malnutrition...
- Nutritional assessment in cancer: comparing the Mini-Nutritional Assessment (MNA) with the scored Patient-Generated Subjective Global Assessment (PGSGA)Jane A Read
Medical Oncology, Sydney Cancer Centre, Royal Prince Alfred Hospital, Camperdown, Australia
Nutr Cancer 53:51-6. 2005..Both tools were able to correctly classify patients as malnourished, although the MNA lacks specificity. Therefore, the PGSGA should be the tool of choice for nutritional assessment in cancer patients...
- Validation of a malnutrition screening tool for patients receiving radiotherapyM L Ferguson
Nutrition Services Department, Wesley Hospital, Brisbane, Australia
Australas Radiol 43:325-7. 1999..0. The MST is easy to use and is a strong predictor of nutritional status. The malnutrition screening tool is a simple, quick, valid tool that can be used to identify radiation oncology outpatients who are at risk of malnutrition...
- Postoperative enteral versus parenteral nutrition in malnourished patients with gastrointestinal cancer: a randomised multicentre trialF Bozzetti
The Italian Society for Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition, Milan, Italy
Lancet 358:1487-92. 2001..4 g aminoacid kg(-1) day(-1))...
- Recent advances in nutrition, genes and brain healthM J Dauncey
Wolfson College, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, UK
Proc Nutr Soc 71:581-91. 2012..Personal, social and economic costs of sub-optimal brain health are immense. Future advances in understanding the complex interactions between nutrition, genes and the brain should help to reduce these costs and enhance quality of life...
- Risk factors of undernutrition in children with spastic cerebral palsyJen Wen Hung
Department of Rehabilitation, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Kaoshiung, Taiwan, R O C
Chang Gung Med J 26:425-32. 2003..This study was undertaken to investigate the nutritional status of children with spastic cerebral palsy (CP) and to identify the risk factors of undernutrition...
- Growth and nutrition disorders in children with cerebral palsyMichelle N Kuperminc
Department of Pediatrics, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Virginia, USA
Dev Disabil Res Rev 14:137-46. 2008Growth and nutrition disorders are common secondary health conditions in children with cerebral palsy (CP)...
- Screening for undernutrition in geriatric practice: developing the short-form mini-nutritional assessment (MNA-SF)L Z Rubenstein
University of California at Los Angeles School of Medicine
J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci 56:M366-72. 2001..We sought to develop a screening version of this instrument, the MNA-SF, that retains good diagnostic accuracy...
- To screen or not to screen for adult malnutrition?M Elia
Institute of Human Nutrition, University of Southampton, Mailpoint 113, Southampton General Hospital, Tremona Road, Southampton SO16 6YD, UK
Clin Nutr 24:867-84. 2005..There is some controversy about whether all adults receiving healthcare should be routinely screened for nutritional problems...
- Nutrition disorders and immunologic parameters: study of the thymus in growing ratsA N Pallaro
Department of Nutrition, School of Pharmacy and Biochemistry, University of Buenos Aires, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Nutrition 17:724-8. 2001..We studied the effect of a low-quality dietary protein on cellular proliferation and maturation in the thymus of growing rats over time...
- Effect of nutritional support on clinical outcome in patients at nutritional riskNiels Johansen
Clinical Nutrition Unit 5711, Rigshospitalet, University Hospital of Copenhagen, Blegdamsvej 9, DK 2100 Copenhagen, Denmark
Clin Nutr 23:539-50. 2004..The aim of this study was to evaluate the effect of nutritional intervention in a random sample of hospitalized patients at nutritional risk...
- Zinc or multiple micronutrient supplementation to reduce diarrhea and respiratory disease in South African children: a randomized controlled trialKany Kany Angelique Luabeya
Africa Centre for Health and Population Studies, University of KwaZulu Natal, Somkhele, South Africa
PLoS ONE 2:e541. 2007..Prophylactic zinc supplementation has been shown to reduce diarrhea and respiratory illness in children in many developing countries, but its efficacy in children in Africa is uncertain...
- Growth patterns in a population of children and adolescents with cerebral palsySteven M Day
Life Expectancy Project, San Francisco, California, USA Expectancy com
Dev Med Child Neurol 49:167-71. 2007..The charts may assist in early identification of nutritional or metabolic difficulties beyond what might be expected for patients with similar functional disabilities...
- Home parenteral nutrition registry: a five-year retrospective evaluation of outcomes of patients receiving home parenteral nutrition supportCarol Ireton-Jones
Nutrition Services, Coram Healthcare, Carrollton, Texas, USA
Nutrition 21:156-60. 2005..This study describes outcomes of consecutive HPN patients collected retrospectively over a 5-y period by one HPN support provider...
- Effect of nutritional state of brain-dead organ donor on transplantationP Singer
Department of General Intensive Care, Rabin Medical Center, Beilinson Campus, Petah Tiqva, Israel
Nutrition 17:948-52. 2001..Malnutrition is frequently found in brain-dead organ donors and nutrients may interfere with different organ functions...
- Total parenteral nutrition and tumor growth in malnourished patients with gastric cancerF Bozzetti
Divisione di Chirurgia dell'Apparato Digerente A, Istituto Nazionale per lo Studio e la Cura dei Tumori, Milan, Italy
Tumori 85:163-6. 1999..Although the potential stimulation probably has little consequence for patients receiving short-term preoperative nutrition, it may call for further investigation in cancer patients undergoing long-term home TPN...
- Nutritional status in elderly female hip fracture patients: comparison with an age-matched home living group attending day centresM Lumbers
Food and Health Care Management Research Group, School of Management Studies for the Service Sector, University of Surrey, UK
Br J Nutr 85:733-40. 2001....
- Leptin regulation of the immune response and the immunodeficiency of malnutritionR Faggioni
Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, California, 94121, USA
FASEB J 15:2565-71. 2001..Leptin regulates T cells responses, polarizing Th cells toward a Th1 phenotype. Low leptin levels occurring during starvation mediate the neuroendocrine and immune dysfunction of starvation...
- Total parenteral nutrition: potion or poison?K N Jeejeebhoy
University of Toronto and St Michael s Hospital, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Am J Clin Nutr 74:160-3. 2001..TPN is an equally effective alternative to EN when a risk of malnutrition is present and EN is not tolerated or when gut failure is present...
- Total parenteral nutrition in the surgical patient: a meta-analysisD K Heyland
Department of Medicine, Queen s University, Kingston, Ont
Can J Surg 44:102-11. 2001..To examine the relationship between total parenteral nutrition(TPN) and complication and death rates in surgical patients...
- A primer of nutritional support for gastroenterologistsSamuel Klein
Center for Human Nutrition, Washington University School of Medicine, 660 S Euclid Avenue, Box 8031, St Louis, Missouri 63110 1083, USA
Gastroenterology 122:1677-87. 2002
- Multiple risk factors associated with arsenic-induced skin cancer: effects of chronic liver disease and malnutritional statusY M Hsueh
Department of Public Health School of Medicine, Taipei Medical College, Taiwan, Republic of China
Br J Cancer 71:109-14. 1995..Consistent with animal experiments, the findings imply that liver function and nutritional status may affect the metabolism of inorganic arsenic and the development of subsequent skin cancers...
- Dietary assessment and the reliability of nutritional epidemiology reportsRoss L Prentice
Division of Public Health Sciences, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, WA 98109 1024, USA
Lancet 362:182-3. 2003
- Evaluation of dietetic intervention in children with medulloblastoma or supratentorial primitive neuroectodermal tumorsJaimie Bakish
Division of Haematology Oncology, The Hospital for Sick Children, 555 University Avenue, Toronto, Ontario M5G 1X8, Canada
Cancer 98:1014-20. 2003..The goal of the current study was to evaluate the effect of dietetic intervention in a cohort of children treated for medulloblastoma and supratentorial primitive neuroectodermal tumors (PNET) over a 10-year period...
- Total parenteral nutrition in the critically ill patient: a meta-analysisD K Heyland
Department of Medicine, Queen s University, Kingston, Ontario, Canada
JAMA 280:2013-9. 1998..Nutritional support has become a standard of care for hospitalized patients, but whether total parenteral nutrition (TPN) affects morbidity and mortality is unclear...
- AGA technical review on parenteral nutritionR L Koretz
Olive View-UCLA Medical Center Sylmar, California, USA
Gastroenterology 121:970-1001. 2001..The paper was approved by the Committee on September 13, 2001, and by the AGA Governing Board on May 18, 2001...
- Micronutrients: current issues for HIV care providersAlice M Tang
AIDS 19:847-61. 2005
- Nutritional factors contributing to the development of cholestasis during total parenteral nutritionMaria Luisa Forchielli
Department of Pediatrics, University of Bologna, Bologna, Italy
Adv Pediatr 50:245-67. 2003..It is hoped that a better understanding of factors affecting hepatocyte secretion and bile formation and flow will help to prevent this life-threatening complication of TPN...
- Nutritional support of the cancer patient: issues and dilemmasG Nitenberg
Intensive Care Unit, Institut Gustave Roussy, 39, rue Camille Desmoulins, 94805, Villejuif, France
Crit Rev Oncol Hematol 34:137-68. 2000....
- Inflammatory bowel diseases: principles of nutritional therapyFabio Guilherme Campos
Department of Gastroenterology, Coloproctology Unit, Hospital das Clinicas, Faculty of Medicine, University of Sao Paulo, Brazil
Rev Hosp Clin Fac Med Sao Paulo 57:187-98. 2002..The real efficacy of these and other nutrients (glutamine, short-chain fatty acids, antioxidants) still need further evaluation through prospective and randomized trials...
- Enteral nutrition in surgical patientsSundeep Singh Saluja
Department of Surgery, University College of Medical Sciences and Guru Teg Bahadur Hospital, Shahdara, Delhi 110095, India
Surg Today 32:672-8. 2002..We conducted a prospective study to assess the short-term efficacy of oral dietary supplementation in malnourished patients undergoing major abdominal surgery...
- Quality of life and length of survival in advanced cancer patients on home parenteral nutritionF Bozzetti
Italian Society for Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition, Milan, Italy
Clin Nutr 21:281-8. 2002..The use of home parenteral nutrition (HPN) in patients with advanced cancer is controversial because survival is usually short and there are no data regarding the quality of life (QoL)...
- Nutrition-hormone receptor-gene interactions: implications for development and diseaseM J Dauncey
Developmental Genetics Programme, The Babraham Institute, Cambridge, UK
Proc Nutr Soc 60:63-72. 2001..Potential interactions between nuclear receptors, including those for retinoic acid and vitamin D, should not be overlooked in intervention programmes using I or vitamin A supplementation of young and adult human populations..
- An overview on the nutrition transition and its health implications: the Bellagio meetingBarry M Popkin
Carolina Population Center, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 27516 3997, USA
Public Health Nutr 5:93-103. 2002
- Nutritional strategies to boost immunity and prevent infection in elderly individualsK P High
Section of Infectious Diseases, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Winston Salem, NC 27157, USA
Clin Infect Dis 33:1892-900. 2001..Drug-nutrient interactions are common in elderly individuals, and care providers should be aware of these interactions. Future research should evaluate important clinical end points rather than merely surrogate markers of immunity...
- The global problems of child malnutrition and mortality in different world regionsAshraf Ragab El-Ghannam
Department of Sociology, Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences, United Arab Emirates University, UAE
J Health Soc Policy 16:1-26. 2003..The results suggest that there were negative associations between GNP, household income, protein consumption, and child malnutrition and mortality in all world regions except Europe and Central Asia regions...
- Malnutrition in liver transplant patients: preoperative subjective global assessment is predictive of outcome after liver transplantationG R Stephenson
Department of Surgery, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
Transplantation 72:666-70. 2001..Our data suggest that if nutritional repletion is possible in patients with end-stage liver disease before transplantation, patient outcomes could be improved...
- Prevalence and clinical outcome associated with preexisting malnutrition in acute renal failure: a prospective cohort studyE Fiaccadori
Dipartimento di Clinica Medica, Nefrologia and Scienze della Prevenzione, Universita degli Studi di Parma, Italy
J Am Soc Nephrol 10:581-93. 1999..12; 95% CI, 1.61 to 2.89, P < 0.001). Malnutrition is highly prevalent among ARF patients and increases the likelihood of in-hospital death, complications, and use of health care resources...
- Perioperative nutrition and postoperative complications in patients undergoing spinal surgeryJ D Klein
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Maimonides Medical Center, Brooklyn, New York, USA
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 21:2676-82. 1996..Patients with suboptimal nutritional parameters should be supplemented and replenished before elective surgery...
- Factors predicting nutritional derangements in patients with obstructive jaundice: multivariate analysisF J Padillo
Department of Surgery, Hospital Universitario Reina Sofia, Avda Menendez Pidal s n, 14004 Cordoba, Spain
World J Surg 25:413-8. 2001....
- Nutrition and survival in patients with liver cirrhosisF Alberino
Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, University of Padua, Padua, Italy
Nutrition 17:445-50. 2001..These data demonstrate that malnutrition is an independent predictor of survival in patients with liver cirrhosis. The inclusion of anthropometric measures in the assessment of these patients might provide better prognostic information...
- Nutrition in the elderlyG L Jensen
Vanderbilt Center for Human Nutrition, Vanderbilt, University Medical Center, Nashville, Tennessee, USA
Gastroenterol Clin North Am 30:313-34. 2001..A working knowledge of nutritional screening, assessment, and interventions can assist the practitioner in providing quality care for the older patient...
- Risk factors for malnutrition in patients undergoing gastroenterological and hernia surgery: an analysis of 374 patientsM I Correia
Hospital Associaçao dos Amigos do Mário Penna, Belo Horizonte, Minas Gerais, Brasil
Nutr Hosp 16:59-64. 2001....
- Gerodontic nutrition and dietary counseling for prosthodontic patientsCarole A Palmer
Division of Nutrition and Oral Health Promotion, Department of General Dentistry, Tufts University School of Dental Medicine, 1 Kneeland Street, Room 734, Boston, MA 02111, USA
Dent Clin North Am 47:355-71. 2003..Promote diet adequacy by suggesting appropriate choices from each food group in the Food Guide Pyramid. Consult with and refer clients to a registered dietitian whenever possible...
- Improving food provision in a Guyanese home for the elderly: a participatory approachGillian Hewitt
Centre for Public Health Nutrition, School of Integrated Health, University of Westminster, 115 New Cavendish Street, London, W1W 6UW, UK
Public Health Nutr 10:552-8. 2007..To conduct a needs assessment of all aspects of food provision in a residential home and to evaluate a subsequent nutrition intervention...
- Dietary assessment of refugees living in camps: a case study of Mae La Camp, ThailandOrapin Banjong
Institute of Nutrition, Mahidol University at Salaya, Phutthamonthon, Nakhon Pathom 73170, Thailand
Food Nutr Bull 24:360-7. 2003....
- Assessment of the nutritional risk of >53-year-old men and women in TaiwanAlan C Tsai
Department of Environmental Health Science, School of Public Health, The University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Public Health Nutr 7:69-76. 2004..The study was conducted to gain an understanding of the status of potential nutrition risks in >53-year-old men and women in Taiwan...
- The value of the Australian nutrition screening initiative for older australians--results from a national surveyS Brownie
Australian Centre for Complementary Medicine Education and Research, a joint venture of the University of Queesland and Southern Cross University, Australia
J Nutr Health Aging 11:20-5. 2007..This national investigation of older Australians was conducted to explore the relationship between their health, lifestyle, use of dietary supplements and nutritional risk...
- Nutrient content of served food, nutrient intake and nutritional status of residents with dementia in a finnish nursing homeM Suominem
The Central Union for the Welfare of the Aged, Malmin Kauppatie 26, FIN 00700 Helsinki, Finland
J Nutr Health Aging 8:234-8. 2004..The aim of this study was to determine the energy and nutrient content of the served food, the actual energy and nutrient intake and the nutritional status of elderly residents in a nursing home...
- [Prognostic factors for mortality related to nutritional status in the hospitalized elderly]Angel Asensio
Servicio de Medicina Preventiva, Hospital Universitario Puerta de Hierro, Madrid, Espana
Med Clin (Barc) 123:370-3. 2004..However, it is unclear whether functional and nutritional status are independent risk factors of mortality...
- Establishing the use of body mass index as an indicator of nutrition risk in children with cancerJoshua Nething
St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, Tennessee 38105, USA
JPEN J Parenter Enteral Nutr 31:53-7. 2007....
- Dietary pattern and usual nutrient intakes of Peruvian women during pregnancyL M Sacco
Center for Human Nutrition, Department of International Health, The Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, Baltimore, MD, USA
Eur J Clin Nutr 57:1492-7. 2003..To describe dietary intakes and nutrient adequacy during pregnancy in a sample of Peruvian women...
- Dietary intake and anthropometry of Korean elderly people: a literature reviewYoung Hee Park
Division of Human Nutrition and Epidemiology, Wageningen University, Wageningen, The Netherlands
Asia Pac J Clin Nutr 12:234-42. 2003..This was observed most frequently in elderly people with a low income. In this group an inadequate intake of micronutrients is likely to be caused by a low energy intake...
- Introducing a nutrition screening tool: an exploratory study in a district general hospitalSue Jordan
School of Health Science, University of Wales, Swansea, UK
J Adv Nurs 44:12-23. 2003..Accordingly, 'nutrition screening tools' have been devised to ensure that all patients are assessed by nurses and, where appropriate, referred to dieticians. The tool adopted in our hospital was the 'Nursing Nutritional Screening Tool'...
- Baseline evaluation of nutritional status and government feeding programs in Chiclayo, PeruRainer Gross
Deutsche Gesellschaft für Technische Zusammenarbeit GTZ GmbH, Eschborn, Germany
Food Nutr Bull 27:S115-21. 2006..For appropriate policy setting and programming, the food and nutrition situation of the urban poor requires better understanding...
- Nutritional status using the Mini Nutritional Assessment questionnaire and its relationship with bone quality in a population of institutionalized elderly womenV Gerber
Department of Internal Medicine, University Hospital, Lausanne, Switzerland
J Nutr Health Aging 7:140-5. 2003....
- Nutritional risk in institutionalized older women determined by the Mini Nutritional Assessment test: what are the main factors?M Dolores Ruiz-López
Departamento de Nutricion y Bromatologia, Facultad de Farmacia, Universidad de Granada, Spain
Nutrition 19:767-71. 2003..We assessed which factors contribute to the high level of nutritional risk detected by the Mini Nutritional Assessment (MNA) test in institutionalized older women. To this end, we undertook a complete nutritional assessment...
- Malnutrition and impaired muscle strength in patients with Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis in remissionLuzia Valentini
Department of Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Endocrinology, CCM, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Berlin, Germany
Nutrition 24:694-702. 2008..In addition, possible effects of gender, malnutrition, inflammation, and previous prednisolone therapy were investigated...
- Effects of hospital stay on nutritional anthropometric data in Turkish childrenYesim Ozturk
Department of Pediatric Gastroenterology, Metabolism and Nutrition, Faculty of Medicine, Dokuz Eylul University, Inciralti, Izmir, Turkey
J Trop Pediatr 49:189-90. 2003..Special attention should be given to patients who had mild malnutrition on admission since this population of patients seem to be at higher risk of adverse effect of hospitalization...
- Evaluation of the nutritional status of patients over 60-year admitted in a hematology department using the mininutritional assessment (MNA). A single centre study of 120 casesF Bauduer
Service d Hematologie, Centre Hospitalier de la Côte Basque, Bayonne, France
J Nutr Health Aging 7:179-82. 2003..The nutritional status of older persons suffering from various medical or surgical conditions has been well reported. However, studies focusing on hematology patients are very rare...
- The nutritional status of 250 older Australian recipients of domiciliary care services and its association with outcomes at 12 monthsRenuka Visvanathan
Department of Geriatric and Rehabilitation Medicine, Royal Adelaide Hospital, Adelaide, South Australia
J Am Geriatr Soc 51:1007-11. 2003..To identify predictors and consequences of nutritional risk, as determined by the Mini Nutritional Assessment (MNA), in older recipients of domiciliary care services living at home...
- Meals-on-wheels improves energy and nutrient intake in a frail free-living elderly populationM A Roy
Research Centre on Aging, Sherbrooke Geriatric University Institute, 1036 Belvedere Sud, Sherbrooke, QC, J1H 4C4, Canada
J Nutr Health Aging 10:554-60. 2006....
- The nutritional status of 1081 elderly people residing in publicly funded shelter homes in Peninsular MalaysiaR Visvanathan
Department of Geriatric and Rehabilitation Medicine, Royal Adelaide Hospital, Adelaide, South Australia
Eur J Clin Nutr 59:318-24. 2005....
- Is the MNA valid in different populations and across practice settings?W C Chumlea
Department of Community Health, Lifespan Health Research Center, Wright State University Boonshoft School of Medicine, 3171 Research Blvd, Dayton, OH 45420, USA
J Nutr Health Aging 10:524-7; discussion 527-33. 2006..This paper addresses the relevance of anthropometry and the impact of different clinical practice settings on the MNA and discusses the development of the Chinese Nutritional Screen (CNS) in China...
- Psychosocial correlates of nutritional risk in older adultsC S Jacob Johnson
School of Nutrition and Dietetics, Acadia University, Wolfville, NS
Can J Diet Pract Res 66:95-7. 2005..01). Nutrition professionals should have a multidisciplinary perspective when they assess older adults' nutritional status...
- [Nutritional status of an hospitalised aged population]María J Gómez Ramos
Servicio de Medicina Interna, Hospital USP San Carlos, Murcia
Nutr Hosp 20:286-92. 2005....
- Assessing nutritional risk of long-term care residentsJennifer J Bowman
Department of Family Relations and Applied Human Nutrition, University of Guelph, ON
Can J Diet Pract Res 66:155-61. 2005..81, Sp=0.50). Although Section K items are associated with nutritional risk, Se and Sp analyses suggest that these items and this section require further refinement and validation before use as part of a referral mechanism...
- The impact of computerization of the nutrition support process on the nutrition support program in a tertiary care hospital in the Philippines: report for the years 2000-2003Luisito O Llido
Room 315 316, MAB, Nutrition Support Services, St Luke s Medical Center, E Rodriguez Sr Avenue, Quezon City, Metro Manila, Philippines
Clin Nutr 25:91-101. 2006..Two solutions were implemented in 2000: computerization of the nutrition screening and nutrition support process and synchronizing this with the whole nutrition support program...
- A prospective, randomized clinical study of adjunctive peripheral parenteral nutrition in adult subacute care patientsD R Thomas
Division of Geriatric Medicine and The GRECC, Jefferson Barracks VA Medical Center, Saint Louis, MO 63104, USA
J Nutr Health Aging 9:321-5. 2005..However, no data exists for the use of peripheral parenteral nutrition longer than two weeks and overall there are remarkably few studies on the efficacy of peripheral parenteral nutrition...
- Meeting the nutritional needs of patients with dementia in hospitalC Archibald
Dementia Services Development Centre, University of Stirling, Scotland
Nurs Stand 20:41-5. 2006..Nurses' increased knowledge about dementia, assessment of nutritional needs, and personal capabilities can improve patients' experiences and outcomes. Excess dependency and emotional aspects of food refusal are also discussed...
- [Nutritional assessment of a university population]M J Oliveras López
Dpto Nutricion y Bromatologia, Universidad de Granada, Espana
Nutr Hosp 21:179-83. 2006....
- Nutritional, functional and psychosocial correlates of disability among older adultsC S J Johnson
School of Nutrition and Dietetics, Acadia University, Wolfville, Nova Scotia B4P 2R6, Canada
J Nutr Health Aging 10:45-50. 2006..The purpose of the present study was to examine the nutritional, functional and psychosocial correlates of disability among 54 older adults aged 65 years of age or older...
- Dietary intake and nutritional risk among free-living elderly people in Palma de MallorcaJ A Tur
Laboratory of Physical Activity Sciences, Universitat de les Illes Balears, E 07122 Palma de Mallorca, Spain
J Nutr Health Aging 9:390-6. 2005..To describe the dietary intake of free-living, non-institutionalised, elderly people of Palma de Mallorca, and to evaluate their nutritional status and risk of undernutrition...
- Alternative anthropometric measurements for the Thai elderly: Mindex and DemiquetPrasert Assantachai
Department of Preventive and Social Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Siriraj Hospital, Mahidol University, Bangkok, Thailand
Asia Pac J Clin Nutr 15:521-7. 2006..98 and 102.16 kilogram/metre2, respectively. All this information supports the benefit of using Mindex and Demiquet as alternatives to body mass index for nutritional assessment in older Asian people, especially for the malnourished ones...
- Nutrition risk and associated factors in congregate meal participants in northern Florida: role of Elder Care Services (ECS)Lorraine J Weatherspoon
Department of Food Science and Human Nutrition, Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI 48824 1224, USA
J Nutr Elder 24:37-54. 2004..African American females living in urban areas with limited access to health care are most vulnerable...
- Mini-nutritional assessment score and the risk for undernutrition in free-living older personsR R Delacorte
Division of General Internal Medicine and Geriatric Medicine, School of Medicine of Ribeirao Preto, University of Sao Paulo, Brazil
J Nutr Health Aging 8:531-4. 2004..The Mini-Nutritional Assessment (Guigoz et al., 1994) has been increasingly used worldwide, but its efficacy has been assessed in few countries...
- Oral and nutritional status--Is the MNA a useful tool for dental clinicsH Soini
Section of Social and Health Services Elderly Care, PO Box 2700, FI 02070 City of Espoo, Finland
J Nutr Health Aging 10:495-499; discussion 500-501. 2006..To determine the oral status of elderly residents in nursing homes (NH) and long term care wards (LT) and to describe associations between oral status and nutritional status among institutionalized elderly residents...
- The Mini Nutritional Assessment (MNA) review of the literature--What does it tell us?Y Guigoz
Applied Science and Quality Assurance, Nestle Product Technology Centre, Nestle Strasse 3, 3510 Konolfingen, Switzerland
J Nutr Health Aging 10:466-85; discussion 485-7. 2006..To review the literature on the MNA to Spring 2006, we searched MEDLINE, Web of Science and Scopus, and did a manual search in J Nutr Health Aging, Clin Nutr, Eur J Clin Nutr and free online available publications...
- Nutritional status: assessing and understanding its value in the critical care settingLes Rodriguez
RKH Regulatory Consulting, 1944 Winter Drive, Roanoke, TX 76262, USA
Crit Care Nurs Clin North Am 16:509-14. 2004..Knowledge of nutrition's effect in the acute and critically ill patient is integral for nursing to predict and promote outcomes successfully in the critical care setting...
- Mid upper arm and calf circumferences as indicators of nutritional status in women of reproductive ageT Khadivzadeh
School of Midwifery Nursing, Mashed University of Medical Sciences, Mashed, Islamic Republic of Iran
East Mediterr Health J 8:612-8. 2002..We found a strong correlation between MUAC and CC with weight and BMI, suggesting that MUAC and CC can be used to estimate BMI and detect nutritional disorders...
- Nutritional status and functional ability of the elderly aged 60 to 90 years in the Mpigi district of central UgandaJoyce K Kikafunda
Department of Food Science and Technology, Makerere University, Kampala, Uganda
Nutrition 21:59-66. 2005..This study assessed the nutritional status of the elderly and their functional ability because poor nutritional status in the elderly is associated with poor functional ability...
- What do we know about... nutrition and older people?Susan Holmes
Faculty of Health, Canterbury Christ Church University College, Canterbury
J Fam Health Care 14:153-5. 2004..Given the UK's ageing population, undernutrition in older people is a significant public health issue as well as one that should concern all health professionals involved in individual or group contacts with elderly clients...
- Overview of the MNA--Its history and challengesB Vellas
INSERM U 558, Department of Geriatrics, Toulouse University Hospital, Toulouse, France
J Nutr Health Aging 10:456-63; discussion 463-5. 2006..A short screening version (MNA-SF) has been developed, which, if positive, indicates the need to complete the full MNA. It takes less than 4 minutes to administer the MNA-SF and between 10 and 15 minutes for the full MNA...
- Position of the American Dietetic Association: Liberalization of the diet prescription improves quality of life for older adults in long-term careKathleen C Niedert
Western Home Communities, Cedar Falls, IA, USA
J Am Diet Assoc 105:1955-65. 2005....
- [Validation of global nutrition assessment in elders]C Urteaga
, Facultad de Medicina, Universidad de Chile, Casilla 13.898, Correo 21, Santiago, Chile
Rev Med Chil 129:871-6. 2001..On the other hand, 73% of those considered at nutritional risk, had a normal or excessive weight. CONCLUSIONS: Mini nutritional assessment did not identify elders at nutritional risk in this sample...
- Using the minimum data set to predict weight loss in nursing home residentsCynthia F Corbett
Intercollegiate College of Nursing, Washington State University, Spokane, WA 99224, USA
Appl Nurs Res 15:249-53. 2002....
- Reliability of a nutrition screening tool for use in elderly day hospitalsM A Mackintosh
Department of Nutrition and Diet Therapy, Ayrshire and Arran Primary Care NHS Trust, UK
J Hum Nutr Diet 14:129-36. 2001..CONCLUSION: The Ayrshire NST is a reliable and valid tool which can be used by qualified Nursing staff to assist in screening elderly patients at high risk of poor nutritional status...
- Body weight and nutritional changes after reduction pneumoplasty for severe emphysema: a randomized studyTommaso Claudio Mineo
Division of Thoracic Surgery, Tor Vergata University, La Sapienza University, 00133 Rome, Italy
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 124:660-7. 2002..The impact of reduction pneumoplasty on body weight and nutritional status has not previously been tested in a controlled study...
- Nutritional aspects of liver transplantationAntonio C L Campos
Division of Liver Transplantation, Department of Surgery of the Federal University of Parana, Curitiba, Brazil
Curr Opin Clin Nutr Metab Care 5:297-307. 2002..Finally, the metabolic and nutritional care of the liver transplant donor must be considered to reduce allograft dysfunction indices...
- The adjunctive value of routine biochemistry in nutritional assessment of hospitalized patientsO Selberg
Zentrum Laboratoriumsmedizin, Medizinische Hochschule Hannover, , Hannover, FRG
Clin Nutr 20:477-85. 2001..Finally, a proposed sample layout for the nutritional interpretation of routinely available biochemical and basic physical data is presented...
- [Nutritional status of patients with functioning graft assessed by clinical examination, anthropometry and bioimpedance]B Chruściel
Katedra i Klinika Nefrologii CM UJ ul Kopernika 15c, 31 501 Krakow
Przegl Lek 58:828-32. 2001..Weight gain during posttransplant period as compared to maintenance dialysis is marked and common; thus the prevalence of obesity is also quite common and reaches 40% of tested patients...
- The use of armspan measurement to assess the nutritional status of adults in four Ethiopian ethnic groupsE De Lucia
London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, Public Health Nutrition Unit, London, UK
Eur J Clin Nutr 56:91-5. 2002..To investigate the use of armspan as a proxy for height in the assessment of nutritional status using body mass index (BMI) for four ethnic groups in Ethiopia...
- Prevalence and prognostic significance of malnutrition in chronic renal insufficiencyJ A Lawson
Research Assistant, University of New South Wales, Department of Medicine, St George Hospital, Sydney, Australia
J Ren Nutr 11:16-22. 2001..CONCLUSION: These data suggest that SGA provides a useful means of assessing nutritional status and is helpful in identifying patients with increased risk of morbidity and mortality in the setting of CRI...
- Current concepts in nutritional assessmentDavid E Carney
Department of Surgery, University Hospital, 750 E Adams St, Syracuse, NY 13210, USA
Arch Surg 137:42-5. 2002
- Barriers to nutrition care for nursing home residentsN L Crogan
University of Arizona Health Sciences Center, College of Nursing, Tucson 85721, USA
J Gerontol Nurs 27:25-31. 2001..An education program addressing staff relationships and nutrition training of nursing assistants could improve the ability of nursing staff to ensure residents' food intake and improve the quality of life for residents in nursing homes...
- Nutritional status in patients with rheumatoid arthritisC Gomez-Vaquero
Rheumatology Department, Centre Sanitaire de l Université de Bellvitge, L Hospitalet, Barcelona, Spain
Joint Bone Spine 68:403-9. 2001..Some chronic diseases have been associated to an impairment of nutritional status...
- Incidence of nutritional risk and causes of inadequate nutritional care in hospitalsJ Kondrup
Nutrition Unit, Rigshospitalet, Copenhagen Ø, Denmark
Clin Nutr 21:461-8. 2002..Many patients in hospitals are undernourished and nutritional care is inadequate in most hospitals. The aim of this investigation was to gain insight into how this situation could be improved...
- Community-Based Capacity Building: Academic-Community Partnerships Using ParticiAlice Tse; Fiscal Year: 2010..The project work will be accomplished through training programs &meetings to be conducted in the USAPI jurisdictions, and culminate in a CBPR grant proposal for the USAPI. ..
- The Role of Primary Neuronal Cilia in Appetite and SatiationNicolas F Berbari; Fiscal Year: 2010..The goal of this project is to uncover how cilia defects alter feeding behavior because a better understanding of the mechanisms behind satiety and appetite will allow for the development of potential therapeutics to treat obesity. ..
- Leptin as a Regulator of T Cell Metabolism and FunctionNANCIE MACIVER; Fiscal Year: 2010..The hormone leptin, which is secreted by fat cells in proportion to fat mass and affects immune function, may be responsible for linking nutritional status with immune cell function. ..
- MECHANISMS OF RADIATION SUPPRESSED CORNEAL ANGIOGENESISMARK SCROGGS; Fiscal Year: 1991....
- Institutional Training Grant in Pediatric GastroenterologyRonald J Sokol; Fiscal Year: 2010..The investment in research training in this Training Program will provide a foundation for the trainees to become the future leaders, teachers and mentors who will help guide the direction of Gl, hepatology and nutrition in the future. ..
- Novel Molecular Markers Governing Obesity in the Ventromedial HypothalamusCLEMENT CHEUNG; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- Novel Molecular Markers Governing Obesity in the Ventromedial HypothalamusCLEMENT CHEUNG; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Novel Molecular Markers Governing Obesity in the Ventromedial HypothalamusCLEMENT C CHEUNG; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Trans-NDDK Short-term Training for Medical StudentsEllen Li; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- Trans-NDDK Short-term Training for Medical StudentsTHOMAS JOHN BARANSKI; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Trans-NDDK Short-term Training for Medical StudentsEllen Li; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- Trans-NDDK Short-term Training for Medical StudentsTHOMAS BARANSKI; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- A GIP receptor antagonist drug to treat obesityMichael Boylan; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- MOLECULAR GENETIC ANALYSIS OF HUMAN OBESITYRudolph Leibel; Fiscal Year: 2000..Ultimately, this genetic resource can also be used to search for loci linked to specific aspects of phenotype using linked clones spanning the genome. ..
- MOLECULAR GENETIC ANALYSIS OF HUMAN OBESITYRudolph Leibel; Fiscal Year: 1991..Ultimately, this genetic resource can also be used to search for loci linked to specific aspects of phenotype using linked clones spanning the genome...
- MOLECULAR GENETIC ANALYSIS OF HUMAN OBESITYRudolph Leibel; Fiscal Year: 1999..Ultimately, this genetic resource can also be used to search for loci linked to specific aspects of phenotype using linked clones spanning the genome. ..
- Animal Model Research Core CCLAY SEMENKOVICH; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Core--Body Composition and Energy BalanceDavid Kelley; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- TRAINING PROGRAM IN PEDIATRIC GASTROENTEROLOGY/NUTRITIONMelvin B Heyman; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- TRAINING PROGRAM IN PEDIATRIC GASTROENTEROLOGY/NUTRITIONMelvin Heyman; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Acyl-CoA Synthetase: Structure, Function and RegulationRosalind Coleman; Fiscal Year: 2009..Specifically, it will allow us to hire an additional postdoctoral fellow and an additional graduate student. ..
- SHORT TERM RESEARCH TRAININGRobert Sandler; Fiscal Year: 2006..There is a need for physician scientists. Providing a meaningful research experience in the early years of training may be our best hope. The proposed program is designed to answer this need ..
- SHORT TERM RESEARCH TRAININGRobert Sandler; Fiscal Year: 2005..There is a need for physician scientists. Providing a meaningful research experience in the early years of training may be our best hope. The proposed program is designed to answer this need ..
- SHORT TERM RESEARCH TRAININGRobert Sandler; Fiscal Year: 2009..There is a need for physician scientists. Providing a meaningful research experience in the early years of training may be our best hope. The proposed program is designed to answer this need ..
- SHORT TERM RESEARCH TRAININGRobert Sandler; Fiscal Year: 2007
- Surgery Summer Research Experience for Medical StudentsLayton Rikkers; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- OBESITY/NUTRITION RESEARCH CENTERDavid Kelley; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- OBESITY/NUTRITION RESEARCH CENTERJohn Jakicic; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Surgery Summer Research Experience for Medical StudentsHerbert Chen; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- Surgery Summer Research Experience for Medical StudentsHerbert Chen; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- Surgery Summer Research Experience for Medical StudentsLayton Rikkers; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- OBESITY/NUTRITION RESEARCH CENTERJohn Jakicic; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- OBESITY/NUTRITION RESEARCH CENTERDavid Kelley; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- OBESITY/NUTRITION RESEARCH CENTERDavid Kelley; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- OBESITY/NUTRITION RESEARCH CENTERDavid Kelley; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Digestive Diseases Training ProgramDavid Whitcomb; Fiscal Year: 2006..Postdoctoral graduates will be prepared to compete for independent funding and entry-level faculty positions in academic medicine ..
- Digestive Diseases Training ProgramDavid Whitcomb; Fiscal Year: 2009..Postdoctoral graduates will be prepared to compete for independent funding and entry level faculty positions in academic medicine. ..
- Digestive Diseases Training ProgramDavid Whitcomb; Fiscal Year: 2003..Postdoctoral graduates will be prepared to compete for independent funding and entry-level faculty positions in academic medicine ..
- Research Enrichment and Preparation (REAP) Training ProgramLAUREE THOMAS; Fiscal Year: 2009..The REAP-TP will enrich the research background of medical students and will allow them to experience research first-hand in laboratories where outstanding faculty brings the excitement of scientific inquiry to life. ..
- Support Services for the Weight-control Information Network (WIN)Danita Byrd Holt; Fiscal Year: 2009..The Weight-control Information Network was created by NIDDK as a result of Public Law 103-43 of the NIH Revitalization Act of 1993. ..
- Digestive Diseases Training ProgramDavid Whitcomb; Fiscal Year: 2007..Postdoctoral graduates will be prepared to compete for independent funding and entry-level faculty positions in academic medicine [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Digestive Diseases Training ProgramDavid Whitcomb; Fiscal Year: 2006..Postdoctoral graduates will be prepared to compete for independent funding and entry-level faculty positions in academic medicine [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Research Enrichment and Preparation (REAP) Training ProgramLAUREE THOMAS; Fiscal Year: 2007..The REAP-TP will enrich the research background of medical students and will allow them to experience research first-hand in laboratories where outstanding faculty brings the excitement of scientific inquiry to life. ..
- Digestive Diseases Training ProgramDavid Whitcomb; Fiscal Year: 2004..Postdoctoral graduates will be prepared to compete for independent funding and entry-level faculty positions in academic medicine ..
- Digestive Diseases Training ProgramDavid Whitcomb; Fiscal Year: 2005
- Research Enrichment and Preparation (REAP) Training ProgramLAUREE THOMAS; Fiscal Year: 2010..The REAP-TP will enrich the research background of medical students and will allow them to experience research first-hand in laboratories where outstanding faculty brings the excitement of scientific inquiry to life. ..
- Digestive Diseases Training ProgramDavid C Whitcomb; Fiscal Year: 2010..Postdoctoral graduates will be prepared to compete for independent funding and entry level faculty positions in academic medicine. ..
- Diet, Activity, Obesity & The Built Environment DynamicsBarry Popkin; Fiscal Year: 2008..A central issue is determining modifiable environment factors that may reduce ethnic and socioeconomic differentials in health status. ..
- BEYOND RACE--EXPLAINING INEQUALITY MANIFESTED AS OBESITYBarry Popkin; Fiscal Year: 2002..This work will provide important insights in the relative importance of genetic and environmental determinants of overweight and activity. ..
- UNC Interdisciplinary Obesity Training (IDOT)(RMI)Barry Popkin; Fiscal Year: 2008....
- Monitoring Social Change: Health, Reproduction, AgingBarry Popkin; Fiscal Year: 2003..The instruments include data collection at the community as well as individual and household levels through a monitoring of prices, a wide range of services, and infrastructure. ..
- Diet, Activity, Obesity & The Built Environment DynamicsBarry Popkin; Fiscal Year: 2009..A central issue is determining modifiable environment factors that may reduce ethnic and socioeconomic differentials in health status. ..
- BEYOND RACE--EXPLAINING INEQUALITY MANIFESTED AS OBESITYBarry Popkin; Fiscal Year: 2001..This work will provide important insights in the relative importance of genetic and environmental determinants of overweight and activity. ..
- Diet, Activity, Obesity & The Built Environment DynamicsBarry Popkin; Fiscal Year: 2006..A central issue is determining modifiable environment factors that may reduce ethnic and socioeconomic differentials in health status. ..
- CHILD HEALTH EFFECTS OF RAPID SOCIO-DEMOGRAPHIC CHANGEBarry Popkin; Fiscal Year: 2004..Finally, we will compare results across countries to determine whether there is a consistent pattern or structure of relationships across countries at different levels of development. ..
- Physical Environment Dynamics, Inequality and ObesityBarry Popkin; Fiscal Year: 2004..We will also consider issues related to sample selectivity, within race heterogeneity and acculturation. ..
- Evaluating Errors in Reported Use of Dietary SupplementsSuzanne Murphy; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Evaluating Errors in Reported Use of Dietary SupplementsSuzanne Murphy; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Evaluating Errors in Reported Use of Dietary SupplementsSuzanne Murphy; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Evaluating Errors in Reported Use of Dietary SupplementsSuzanne Murphy; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Brief HIV Prevention Counseling in South AfricaSeth Kalichman; Fiscal Year: 2008..Results of this research will therefore test a clinic-based HIV prevention intervention model that is urgently needed in South Africa. ..
- Omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acid supplementation and allergic diseases in childIsabelle Romieu; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Intervention to Close Digital Divide in AIDS CareSeth Kalichman; Fiscal Year: 2004..If successful, the experimental intervention could be readily implemented as a community-based program by AIDS Service Organizations, health centers, and community-based Internet access providers. ..
- CLOTRIMAZOLE ENEMAS FOR POUCHITIS IN CHILDREN AND ADULTSPAUL RUFO; Fiscal Year: 2005..Abstract Not Provided ..
- METABOLISM OF INTRAVENOUS LIPID EMULSIONSRichard Deckelbaum; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Quantifying Effects of Malnutrition on Cystic FibrosisHuiChuan Lai; Fiscal Year: 2003..The candidate will benefit from working with the multidisciplinary CF research team at the Madison CF center as well as from participation in the active and vigorous research community at UW-Madison. ..
- HIV Treatment Adherence/Risk Reduction IntegratedSeth Kalichman; Fiscal Year: 2007..If shown effective, the intervention model will have implications for community and clinical services for people living with HIV-AIDS. ..
- Metabolic and Nutritional Effects of ART in ChildrenMeera Chhagan; Fiscal Year: 2009..All data will be entered into Epi Info and will be analyzed using standard PC-based data analysis packages, including SAS and SPSS. ..
- Development of 13C-retinol isotope dilution techniquesSherry Tanumihardjo; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- SUBTLE DISTURBANCES OF COBALAMIN STATUSRalph Carmel; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Defintion of the Physiological Properties of GIPM Wolfe; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Inequality, social capital and health in BolivaWilliam Leonard; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- GRADUATE TRAINING IN NUTRITIONRichard Deckelbaum; Fiscal Year: 2008..training individuals committed to careers in research and teaching, with the fundamental knowledge, skills, and experience that are needed for developing successful, independent nutritional sciences research careers in the 21st Century ..
- GRADUATE TRAINING IN NUTRITIONRichard Deckelbaum; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- DEFINITION OF THE PHYSIOLOGICAL PROPERTIES OF GIPM Wolfe; Fiscal Year: 1999....
- FETAL GLUCOSE AND AMINO ACID DEPRIVATIONWilliam Hay; Fiscal Year: 1999....
- METABOLISM OF INTRAVENOUS LIPID EMULSIONSRichard Deckelbaum; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- METABOLISM OF INTRAVENOUS LIPID EMULSIONSRichard Deckelbaum; Fiscal Year: 1999..Since emulsion clearance is often retarded in subjects receiving IV nutrition, these studies will provide the new understanding required to optimize delivery of specific FAs to target tissues in patients on IV nutrition. ..
- TRAINING IN PERINATAL MEDICINEWilliam Hay; Fiscal Year: 2007..This approach equips the trainees with the capacity to move independently and successfully into academic careers. ..
- FETAL GLUCOSE AND AMINO ACID DEPRIVATIONWilliam Hay; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Clinical Performance Measures & Outcomes in AdolescentsSusan Furth; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- METABOLISM OF INTRAVENOUS LIPID EMULSIONSRichard Deckelbaum; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..