Genomes and Genes
Summary: Increased levels of PROLACTIN in the BLOOD, which may be associated with AMENORRHEA and GALACTORRHEA. Relatively common etiologies include PROLACTINOMA, medication effect, KIDNEY FAILURE, granulomatous diseases of the PITUITARY GLAND, and disorders which interfere with the hypothalamic inhibition of prolactin release. Ectopic (non-pituitary) production of prolactin may also occur. (From Joynt, Clinical Neurology, 1992, Ch36, pp77-8)
Publications263 found, 100 shown here
- Clinical implications of antipsychotic-induced hyperprolactinemia in patients with schizophrenia spectrum or bipolar spectrum disorders: recent developments and current perspectivesMatthew Byerly
Department of Psychiatry, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, 6363 Forest Park Road, Dallas, TX 75235, USA
J Clin Psychopharmacol 27:639-61. 2007b>Hyperprolactinemia is increasingly studied as a frequent and potentially important consequence of antipsychotic medication treatment...
- Adjunctive treatment with a dopamine partial agonist, aripiprazole, for antipsychotic-induced hyperprolactinemia: a placebo-controlled trialJoo Cheol Shim
Clinical Trial Center, Department of Psychiatry and Clinical Pharmacology, Busan Paik Hospital, Inje University, Busan 614 735, Republic of Korea
Am J Psychiatry 164:1404-10. 2007b>Hyperprolactinemia and associated side effects often occur with antipsychotics...
- Prevalence of hyperprolactinemia in schizophrenia: association with typical and atypical antipsychotic treatmentJulie Montgomery
Arthur P Noyes Research Foundation, Norristown, PA 19401, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 65:1491-8. 2004To evaluate the prevalence and severity of hyperprolactinemia among a large sample of patients with schizophrenia and related psychotic disorders treated with typical and atypical antipsychotic medications.
- Idiopathic granulomatous mastitis associated with risperidone-induced hyperprolactinemiaChih Hsun Lin
Cheng Hsin General Hospital, Department of Anatomic Pathology, Taipei, Taiwan
Diagn Pathol 7:2. 2012..The etiology and treatment options of IGM remain controversial. Previous case reports have suggested that hyperprolactinemia may be associated with IGM...
- Diagnosis and treatment of hyperprolactinemia: an Endocrine Society clinical practice guidelineShlomo Melmed
Cedars Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles, California 90048, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 96:273-88. 2011The aim was to formulate practice guidelines for the diagnosis and treatment of hyperprolactinemia.
- Cabergoline versus bromocriptine in the treatment of hyperprolactinemia: a systematic review of randomized controlled trials and meta-analysisVania Dos Santos Nunes
Department of Internal Medicine, Botucatu Medical School, Sao Paulo, State University UNESP, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Pituitary 14:259-65. 2011Cabergoline and bromocriptine are the most used drugs in the treatment of hyperprolactinemia, they are able to normalize the prolactin levels, restore gonadal function and promote tumor reduction in the majority of patients...
- Ferritin and prolactin levels in multiple sclerosisRafael Da Costa
Zabludovicz Center for Autoimmune Diseases, Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomrner, Israel
Isr Med Assoc J 13:91-5. 2011..The disease may present in several clinical forms that are closely associated with disease morbidity. In recent years various environmental and hormonal factors have been implicated in the pathogenesis of autoimmunity...
- Recurrence of hyperprolactinemia after withdrawal of dopamine agonists: systematic review and meta-analysisOlaf M Dekkers
Department of Endocrinology and Metabolic Diseases, C4 R, Leiden University Medical Center, PO Box 9600, 2300 RC Leiden, The Netherlands
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 95:43-51. 2010Dopamine agonists are the treatment of choice for prolactinomas and symptomatic idiopathic hyperprolactinemia. However, the optimal treatment strategy and treatment duration is not clear in all details.
- Sexual dysfunction and hyperprolactinemia in Japanese schizophrenic patients taking antipsychoticsTsutomu Kikuchi
Department of Psychiatry, Nagoya University, Graduate School of Medicine, Japan
Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry 37:26-32. 2012..the prevalence of sexual dysfunction, evaluated by the Nagoya Sexual Function Questionnaire (NSFQ), and hyperprolactinemia in patients with schizophrenia and examine a relationship between sexual dysfunction and serum prolactin ..
- Prevalence of bone mineral density loss in Korean patients with schizophrenia: a cross-sectional studyDo Un Jung
Department of Psychiatry, Dongseo Hospital, Masan, Republic of Korea
J Clin Psychiatry 67:1391-6. 2006..This study investigates bone mineral density (BMD) and the association between BMD and hormonal changes in Korean patients with schizophrenia...
- Hyperprolactinemia and estimated dopamine D2 receptor occupancy in patients with schizophrenia: analysis of the CATIE dataTakashi Tsuboi
Department of Neuropsychiatry, Keio University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry 45:178-82. 2013..Large-scale data are still lacking on the relationship between serum prolactin concentration and dopamine D2 receptor occupancy in patients with schizophrenia treated with antipsychotics...
- Dose-dependent effects of adjunctive treatment with aripiprazole on hyperprolactinemia induced by risperidone in female patients with schizophreniaNorio Yasui-Furukori
Department of Neuropsychiatry, Hirosaki University School of Medicine, Hirosaki, Japan
J Clin Psychopharmacol 30:596-9. 2010b>Hyperprolactinemia is a frequent consequence of treatment with risperidone. Recent studies have suggested that aripiprazole, a partial dopamine agonist, reduces the prolactin response to antipsychotics...
- Effects of aripiprazole on prolactin levels in subjects with schizophrenia during cross-titration with risperidone or olanzapine: analysis of a randomized, open-label studyMatthew J Byerly
The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas, Dallas, TX 75390 8828, USA
Schizophr Res 107:218-22. 2009b>Hyperprolactinemia, an adverse effect associated with the use of typical antipsychotics and the atypical antipsychotic risperidone, has both acute and chronic clinical consequences...
- Hyperprolactinemia induced by low-dosage amisulpride in Korean psychiatric patientsBun Hee Lee
KARF Hospital, the Korean Alcohol Research Foundation, Goyang, South Korea
Psychiatry Clin Neurosci 66:69-73. 2012..Thus, low dosages of amisulpride are expected not to increase prolactin levels. The aim of this study was to examine whether low dosages of amisulpride can increase serum levels of prolactin or not clinically in Korean patients...
- Cabergoline treatment of risperidone-induced hyperprolactinemia: a pilot studyRoberto Cavallaro
Department of Neuropsychiatric Sciences, San Raffaele Scientific Institute Hospital, Vita Salute University Medical School, Via Stamira d Ancona 20, 20127 Milan, Italy
J Clin Psychiatry 65:187-90. 2004..The endocrine and sexual side effects related to hyperprolactinemia significantly impair tolerability and compliance in patients, including those with a good response to ..
- Using aripiprazole to resolve antipsychotic-induced symptomatic hyperprolactinemia: a pilot studyBun Hee Lee
Department of Psychiatry, Korea University Ansan Hospital, College of Medicine, 516 Go Jan Dong, Ansan, Kyunggi Do 425 020, Korea
Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry 30:714-7. 2006To assess the effectiveness of substituting aripiprazole for other antipsychotic drugs taken by stable schizophrenic patients suffering from antipsychotic agent-induced symptomatic hyperprolactinemia.
- Successful switch to aripiprazole after induction of hyperprolactinemia by ziprasidone: a case reportIon Anghelescu
J Clin Psychiatry 65:1286-7. 2004
- The influences of hyperprolactinemia and obesity on cardiovascular risk markers: effects of cabergoline therapyOmar Serri
CHUM Research Center, Notre Dame Hospital, Department of Medicine, University of Montreal, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 64:366-70. 2006..In view of the association of hyperprolactinaemia with insulin resistance, we hypothesized that patients with hyperprolactinaemia may present increased cardiovascular risk markers...
- Reversible weight gain and prolactin levels--long-term follow-up in childhoodF Galluzzi
Paediatric Endocrinology Unit, Department of Paediatrics, University of Florence, Florence, Italy
J Pediatr Endocrinol Metab 18:921-4. 2005..The relationship between PRL secretion and weight change needs to be examined in prospective larger studies...
- [Hyperprolactinemia in mentally ill patients]Manuel Maria de Carvalho
Departamento de Psiquiatria e Saúde Mental, Hospital de Santa Maria, Lisbon, Portugal
Acta Med Port 24:1005-12. 2011b>Hyperprolactinemia is a common, but neglected, adverse effect of conventional antipschycotics and of some of the atypical antipshycotics...
- Macroprolactinaemia: prevalence and aetiologies in a large group of hospital workersNaoki Hattori
Department of Pharmacology, Ritsumeikan University, 1 1 1 Nojihigashi, Kusatsu City, Shiga, Japan
Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 71:702-8. 2009..The objective of the study was to determine the prevalence of macroprolactinaemia in a healthy population and to investigate the mechanisms underlying the development of macroprolactin...
- Macroprolactinaemia in patients with hyperprolactinaemia: composition of macroprolactin and stability during long-term follow-upNaoki Hattori
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Ritsumeikan University, Shiga, Japan
Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 73:792-7. 2010..We also investigated whether we could predict the composition of macroprolactin based on the ratio of polyethylene glycol (PEG)-precipitable PRL...
- Hyperprolactinemia and luteal insufficiency in infertile patients with mild and minimal endometriosisJ S Cunha-Filho
Obstetrics and Gynecology Department, , Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil
Horm Metab Res 33:216-20. 2001..Luteal insufficiency and altered prolactin secretion were associated with endometriosis, and could be important mechanisms causing infertility in this group of patients...
- Clinical relevance of macroprolactinJames Gibney
Department of Endocrinology, St Vincent s University Hospital, Dublin 4, Ireland
Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 62:633-43. 2005
- Identification of prolactin as a novel immunomodulator on the expression of co-stimulatory molecules and cytokine secretions on T and B human lymphocytesKarina Chavez-Rueda
Laboratorio de Auto inmunidad, Unidad de Investigación Médica en Inmunología, Hospital de Pediatria, Centro Medico Nacional Siglo XXI, D F, Mexico
Clin Immunol 116:182-91. 2005..In contrast, B cell culture did not show any alteration by adding or blocking PRL in the expression of CD40 and CD86 in both groups: healthy subject and hyperprolactinemic patients...
- Pituitary surgery for small prolactinomas as an alternative to treatment with dopamine agonistsMuriel Babey
Department of Neurosurgery, University of Berne, Inselspital, 3010, Berne, Switzerland
Pituitary 14:222-30. 2011..5 months. Patients with small prolactinomas can safely consider pituitary surgery in a specialized centre with good chance of long-term remission as an alternative to long-term DA therapy...
- Autoimmunity in hepatitis C virus carriers: involvement of ferritin and prolactinGabriel M Sousa
Programa de Pós Graduação em Imunologia, Universidade Federal da Bahia, Bahia, Brazil
Autoimmun Rev 10:210-3. 2011..Ferritin and prolactin have been associated with active autoimmune diseases as systemic lupus erythematosus and autoantibody production, but have been little studied in viral infections that present autoimmunity...
- Characterization of macroprolactin and assessment of markers of autoimmunity in macroprolactinaemic patientsLucille Kavanagh-Wright
Department of Endocrinology, St Vincent s University Hospital, Elm Park, Dublin 4, Ireland
Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 70:599-605. 2009....
- Development of anti-PRL (prolactin) autoantibodies by homologous PRL in rats: a model for macroprolactinemiaNaoki Hattori
Department of Pharmacology, Kansai Medical University, 10 15 Fumizono cho, Moriguchi City, Osaka 570 8506, Japan
Endocrinology 148:2465-70. 2007Macroprolactinemia is hyperprolactinemia in humans mainly due to anti-PRL (prolactin) autoantibodies and is a pitfall for the differential diagnosis of hyperprolactinemia. Despite its high prevalence, the pathogenesis remains unclear...
- A comparison of bromocriptine & cabergoline on fertility outcome of hyperprolactinemic infertile women undergoing intrauterine inseminationShahdokht Motazedian
Shiraz University of Medical Sciences and Health Services, Shiraz, Iran
Indian J Med Res 131:670-4. 2010..The aim of this study was to compare the effects of bromocriptine versus cabergoline on pregnancy in hyperprolactinaemic infertile women...
- Hyperprolactinemia associated with psychotropics--a reviewSubramoniam Madhusoodanan
St John s Episcopal Hospital, Rockaway, New York 11691, USA
Hum Psychopharmacol 25:281-97. 2010Different classes of psychotropics can cause hyperprolactinemia to varying degrees. Among antipsychotics, typical agents and risperidone are the most frequent and significant offenders...
- A randomized, crossover comparison of herbal medicine and bromocriptine against risperidone-induced hyperprolactinemia in patients with schizophreniaHai Ning Yuan
Laboratory of Clinical Psychopharmacology, Beijing Anding Hospital, Capital Medical University, Beijing, China
J Clin Psychopharmacol 28:264-370. 2008b>Hyperprolactinemia is a common adverse effect that occurs as a result of antipsychotic therapies, which often results in discontinuation...
- Pituitary lactotroph hyperplasia and chronic hyperprolactinemia in dopamine D2 receptor-deficient miceM A Kelly
Vollum Institute, Oregon Health Sciences University, Portland 97201, USA
Neuron 19:103-13. 1997..Mice with a disrupted D2 dopamine receptor gene had chronic hyperprolactinemia and developed anterior lobe lactotroph hyperplasia without evidence of adenomatous transformation...
- Positron emission tomography measurement of dopamine D₂ receptor occupancy in the pituitary and cerebral cortex: relation to antipsychotic-induced hyperprolactinemiaRyosuke Arakawa
Molecular Neuroimaging Group, Molecular Imaging Center, National Institute of Radiological Sciences, Inage Ku, Chiba, Japan
J Clin Psychiatry 71:1131-7. 2010b>Hyperprolactinemia is a common side effect of antipsychotic drugs used in the treatment of schizophrenia...
- Endocrine and metabolic adverse effects of psychotropic medications in children and adolescentsChristoph U Correll
The Zucker Hillside Hospital, Psychiatry Research, 75 59 263rd Street, Glen Oaks, NY 11004, USA
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 45:771-91. 2006..Endocrine and metabolic adverse effects are among the most concerning adverse effects of commonly used psychotropic medications...
- Clinical practice. ProlactinomaJanet A Schlechte
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Iowa, Iowa City, USA
N Engl J Med 349:2035-41. 2003
- Reproductive disturbances, pituitary lactotrope adenomas, and mammary gland tumors in transgenic female mice producing high levels of human chorionic gonadotropinSusana B Rulli
Department of Physiology, University of Turku, Finland
Endocrinology 143:4084-95. 2002..studies and electron microscopy demonstrated lactotrope origin for the adenomas, associated with severe hyperprolactinemia. The mammary glands of TG females showed marked lobuloalveolar development followed by mammary tumors with ..
- Prolactin and autoimmunityShahar Shelly
Department of Medicine B, Wolfson Medical Center, Holon, Israel
Autoimmun Rev 11:A465-70. 2012..b>Hyperprolactinemia (HPRL) in women present with clinical manifestations of galactorrhea, primary or secondary amenorrhea, ..
- Medication-induced hyperprolactinemiaMark E Molitch
Division of Endocrinology, Metabolism and Molecular Medicine, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Mayo Clin Proc 80:1050-7. 2005Medication use is a common cause of hyperprolactinemia, and it is important to differentiate this cause from pathologic causes, such as prolactinomas...
- Antipsychotic-induced hyperprolactinemiaJolene R Bostwick
Department of Clinical, Social, and Administrative Sciences, University of Michigan College of Pharmacy, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109, USA
Pharmacotherapy 29:64-73. 2009Use of antipsychotic agents has been associated with hyperprolactinemia, or elevated prolactin levels; this hormonal abnormality can interfere with the functioning of reproductive, endocrine, and metabolic systems...
- Effects of cabergoline on pregnancy and embryo-fetal development: retrospective study on 103 pregnancies and a review of the literatureGraciela Stalldecker
Departamento de Neuroendocrinologia, Sociedad Argentina de Endocrinología y Metabolismo, Diaz Velez 3889, 1200 Buenos Aires, Argentina
Pituitary 13:345-50. 2010..Observational, retrospective and multicenter study on 103 pregnancies in 90 women with hyperprolactinemia. All patients were under CAB at conception. Serum prolactin at baseline was between 30 and 1921 ng/ml...
- Individualized high-dose cabergoline therapy for hyperprolactinemic infertility in women with micro- and macroprolactinomasMasami Ono
Department of Medicine II, Institute of Clinical Endocrinology, Tokyo Women s Medical University, 8 1 Kawada cho, Shinjuku ku, Tokyo 162 8666, Japan
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 95:2672-9. 2010..However, the rate of cabergoline-induced pregnancy in women with prolactinoma remains unknown. Also unknown is whether cabergoline can control tumor growth and thereby achieve successful pregnancy in patients with macroprolactinomas...
- Resistance to cabergoline as compared with bromocriptine in hyperprolactinemia: prevalence, clinical definition, and therapeutic strategyA Di Sarno
Department of Molecular and Clinical Endocrinology and Oncology, Federico II University, 80131 Naples, Italy
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 86:5256-61. 2001..treatment, we studied 120 consecutive de novo patients (56 macroadenoma, 60 microadenoma, 4 nontumoral hyperprolactinemia) treated with cabergoline (CAB) compared with 87 consecutive de novo patients (28 macroadenoma, 44 ..
- Prolactin and neuroimmunomodulation: in vitro and in vivo observationsI C Chikanza
Department of Rheumatology, St Bartholomews, London, United Kingdom
Ann N Y Acad Sci 876:119-30. 1999..Hypoprolactinemia impairs immune function while hyperprolactinemia enhances active systemic lupus erythematosus, Reiter's disease, juvenile and adult rheumatoid arthritis (RA),..
- Cabergoline influences ovarian stimulation in hyperprolactinaemic patients with polycystic ovary syndromeE Papaleo
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, San Raffaele Scientific Institute, University of Milan, Italy
Hum Reprod 16:2263-6. 2001..It is suggested that a reduction of the dopamine inhibitory effect might raise both prolactin (PRL) and LH...
- Low dose cabergoline for hyperprolactinaemia is not associated with clinically significant valvular heart diseaseAmmar Wakil
Michael White Diabetes Centre, Hull Royal Infirmary, Brocklehurst Building, 220 236 Anlaby Road, Hull HU3 2RW, UK
Eur J Endocrinol 159:R11-4. 2008..However, the dose of cabergoline used to treat hyperprolactinaemia is considerably less than that used in Parkinson's disease...
- Cabergoline therapy and the risk of cardiac valve regurgitation in patients with hyperprolactinemia: a meta-analysis from clinical studiesF Bogazzi
Department of Endocrinology and Metabolism, University of Pisa, Pisa, Italy
J Endocrinol Invest 31:1119-23. 2008..Whether these drugs might be harmful for patients with hyperprolactinemia is still unsettled...
- Amisulpride-induced hyperprolactinemia is reversible following discontinuationThomas Paparrigopoulos
Department of Psychiatry, Athens University Medical School, Eginition Hospital, 74, Vas Sofias Ave 115 28 Athens, Greece
Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry 31:92-6. 2007..In the present study the effect of amisulpride on plasma levels of prolactin and the reversibility of this untoward side effect were investigated...
- Cancer risk in hyperprolactinemia patients: a population-based cohort studyKatarina Berinder
Endocrine and Diabetes Unit, Department of Molecular Medicine and Surgery Clinical Epidemiology Unit, Department of Medicine, Karolinska Institutet, SE 171 76 Stockholm, Sweden
Eur J Endocrinol 165:209-15. 2011..that prolactin might play a role in tumorigenesis of several human cancers, but data on cancer risk in hyperprolactinemia patients are sparse. The aim of this study was to investigate cancer risk in hyperprolactinemia patients...
- Effects of antipsychotics on sexual and endocrine function in women: implications for clinical practiceShubulade Smith
Maudsley Hospital, London, United Kingdom
J Clin Psychopharmacol 23:S27-32. 2003Typical antipsychotic agents are commonly associated with hyperprolactinemia, which, in turn, leads to sexual dysfunction...
- Treatment of hyperprolactinemia: a systematic review and meta-analysisAmy T Wang
Knowledge and Evaluation Research Unit and Division of General Internal Medicine, Mayo Clinic, 200 First Street SW, Rochester, MN, 55905, USA
Syst Rev 1:33. 2012b>Hyperprolactinemia is a common endocrine disorder that can be associated with significant morbidity...
- Prevalence of hyperprolactinaemia in a naturalistic cohort of schizophrenia and bipolar outpatients during treatment with typical and atypical antipsychoticsChris Bushe
Eli Lilly and Company Ltd, Basingstoke, UK
J Psychopharmacol 21:768-73. 2007..Clinicians may be helped by the reporting of such categorical data from clinical trials in addition to mean cohort values of prolactin. Long-term hyperprolactinaemia may be associated with clinical sequeLae in some patients...
- Radioiodine uptake in non-lactating mammary glands: evidence for a causative role of hyperprolactinemiaGiuseppe Ronga
Department of Clinical Sciences, University La Sapienza, Roma, Italy
Thyroid 17:363-6. 2007..The hyperprolactinemia was due to prolonged treatment with the anti-dopaminergic neuroleptic risperidone in Case 1, and chronic ..
- Antipsychotic-induced hyperprolactinemia and testosterone levels in boysYvette Roke
GGz Central Psychiatric Centre, Amersfoort, The Netherlands
Horm Res Paediatr 77:235-40. 2012This cross-sectional study investigates the effect of antipsychotic (AP)-induced hyperprolactinemia on testosterone, luteinizing hormone (LH), follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH), inhibin B, and puberty in boys with mainly autism spectrum ..
- Adjunctive aripiprazole versus placebo for antipsychotic-induced hyperprolactinemia: meta-analysis of randomized controlled trialsXianbin Li
Beijing Key Lab of Mental Disorders, Beijing Anding Hospital, Capital Medical University, Beijing, China
PLoS ONE 8:e70179. 2013To compare the safety and efficacy of adjunctive aripiprazole versus placebo for antipsychotic-induced hyperprolactinemia.
- Differential add-on effects of aripiprazole in resolving hyperprolactinemia induced by risperidone in comparison to benzamide antipsychoticsChih Ken Chen
Chang Gung University School of Medicine, Taoyuan, Taiwan
Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry 34:1495-9. 2010b>Hyperprolactinemia is associated with typical antipsychotic agents and atypical antipsychotics such as risperidone and amisulpride...
- Reversal of symptomatic hyperprolactinemia by aripiprazoleRebecca Wahl
Am J Psychiatry 162:1542-3. 2005
- Prevalence of pituitary adenomas in macroprolactinemic patients may be higher than it is presumedGonca Tamer
Department of Internal Medicine, Istanbul Faculty of Medicine, University of Istanbul, Telli Kavak sok No 8, Topbas sitesi, A Blok, D 24 Erenkoy, 34738, Istanbul, Turkey
Endocrine 41:138-43. 2012..Many macroprolactinemic patients have no pituitary adenomas and no clinical symptoms of hyperprolactinemia, it is controversial whether macroprolactinemia is a benign condition that does not need further ..
- The prevalence of hyperprolactinemia after long-term haloperidol use in patients with chronic schizophreniaDo Un Jung
J Clin Psychopharmacol 25:613-5. 2005
- Life events in the pathogenesis of hyperprolactinemiaN Sonino
Department of Statistical Sciences, University of Padova, Padova, Italy
Eur J Endocrinol 151:61-5. 2004Little is known about the relationship between recent life events and onset of hyperprolactinemia, despite the well-known effect of acute psychological stress on prolactin levels in healthy subjects...
- Risperidone-induced hyperprolactinemia in adolescents: A case seriesSubramoniam Madhusoodanan
Department of Psychiatry, State University of New York, Health Science Center at Brooklyn and St John s Episcopal Hospital, Far Rockaway, NY 11691, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 67:1110-3. 2006..To study the effect of risperidone on prolactin levels in 3 adolescent patients...
- Treating symptomatic hyperprolactinemia in women with schizophrenia: presentation of the ongoing DAAMSEL clinical trial (Dopamine partial Agonist, Aripiprazole, for the Management of Symptomatic ELevated prolactin)Deanna L Kelly
School of Medicine, Maryland Psychiatric Research Center, University of Maryland Baltimore, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
BMC Psychiatry 13:214. 2013..b>Hyperprolactinemia is known to cause amenorrhea, oligomenorrhea, galactorrhea and gynecomastia in females and is also ..
- Clinical and diagnostic characteristics of hyperprolactinemia in childhood and adolescenceGonul Catli
Department of Pediatric Endocrinology, DokuzEylul University, Izmir, Turkey
J Pediatr Endocrinol Metab 26:1-11. 2013Pituitary adenoma is the most common cause of hyperprolactinemia, which is a rare endocrine disorder encountered in pediatric patient care...
- Drug-induced hypo- and hyperprolactinemia: mechanisms, clinical and therapeutic consequencesVictor Voicu
University of Medicine and Pharmacy Carol Davila, Faculty of Medicine, Department of Clinical Pharmacology, Toxicology and Psychopharmacology, Bucharest 011643, Romania
Expert Opin Drug Metab Toxicol 9:955-68. 2013..The altered profiles of prolactin secretion in the anterior hypophysis, generated by pathological, pharmacological or toxicological causes, have special consequences on multiple functions in both genders...
- Effect of the addition of aripiprazole on hyperprolactinemia associated with risperidone long-acting injectionMehdi Ziadi Trives
Acute Psychiatric Ward, San Juan University Hospital of Alicante, Alicante, Spain
J Clin Psychopharmacol 33:538-41. 2013We sought to assess the effect of the addition of a fixed dose of 5 mg daily of aripiprazole on hyperprolactinemia induced by risperidone long-acting injectable (RLAI) treatment in patients with chronic psychoses and the adverse events ..
- Pituitary imaging is indicated for the evaluation of hyperprolactinemiaAykut Bayrak
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California 90033, USA
Fertil Steril 84:181-5. 2005To evaluate the signs and symptoms associated with hyperprolactinemia and establish guidelines for a minimal serum PRL level for which pituitary imaging is indicated.
- Mutant prolactin receptor and familial hyperprolactinemiaPaul J Newey
From the Academic Endocrine Unit, Radcliffe Department of Medicine P J N, C M G, R V T, Peter Medawar Building for Pathogen Research, Nuffield Department of Medicine C B W, P K, Oxford Molecular Pathology Institute, Sir William Dunn School of Pathology M B, P A M, and the Structural Genomics Consortium C B, University of Oxford, Oxford, and Glasgow Royal Infirmary, Glasgow S J C, M A, R S D all in the United Kingdom
N Engl J Med 369:2012-20. 2013b>Hyperprolactinemia that is not associated with gestation or the puerperium is usually due to tumors in the anterior pituitary gland and occurs occasionally in hereditary multiple endocrine neoplasia syndromes...
- Clinical and biological characterization of macroprolactinemia with and without prolactin-IgG complexesJean De Schepper
Department of Endocrinology, Hospital VUB, Brussels, Belgium
Eur J Endocrinol 149:201-7. 2003..In this study, we analyzed whether the clinical presentation, the hormonal findings and the in vitro lactogenic activity differed between macroprolactinemic patients with and without circulating prolactin (PRL)-IgG complexes...
- Strategies for the treatment of antipsychotic-induced sexual dysfunction and/or hyperprolactinemia among patients of the schizophrenia spectrum: a reviewLuciana Vargas Alves Nunes
Department of Psychiatry, Universidade Estadual de Londrina, Parana, Brazil
J Sex Marital Ther 38:281-301. 2012There is limited evidence for the management of sexual dysfunction and/or hyperprolactinemia resulting from use of antipsychotics in patients with schizophrenia and spectrum...
- Evidence for the partial dopamine-receptor agonist aripiprazole as a first-line treatment of psychosis in patients with iatrogenic or tumorogenic hyperprolactinemiaZachary S Hoffer
correspondence and M D, Friends Hospital, 4641 Roosevelt Boulevard, Philadelphia, PA 19124, USA
Psychosomatics 50:317-24. 2009..Although a number of studies claim that aripiprazole is a prolactin-sparing antipsychotic drug that may even lower prolactin levels, there has not been an exhaustive evaluation of this claim...
- Discrimination of prolactinoma from hyperprolactinemic non-functioning adenomaJae Won Hong
Department of Internal Medicine, Institute of Endocrinology, Yonsei University College of Medicine, 250 Seongsanno, Seodaemun gu, Seoul 120 752, Korea
Endocrine 37:140-7. 2010..to evaluate characteristics that discriminate prolactinoma from non-functioning pituitary macroadenoma with hyperprolactinemia. We included 117 patients with hyperprolactinemic pituitary macroadenomas...
- Screening for macroprolactinaemia and pituitary imaging studiesOmar M Hauache
Department of Endocrinology, Fleury Diagnostic Center, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 57:327-31. 2002....
- Hyperprolactinemia after low dose of amisulprideMiloslav Kopecek
Psychiatric Centre Prague, Czech Republic
Neuro Endocrinol Lett 25:419-22. 2004Amisulpride in antipsychotic doses can induce hyperprolactinemia. The aim of this study was to prove whether the same is true for low doses of amisulpride.
- Benefits of switching women schizophrenic patients to aripiprazole: a case study and brief review of the literatureMurat Kuloglu
Medical Faculty Hospital, Department of Psychiatry, Firat University, Elazig, Turkey
Arch Womens Ment Health 13:443-7. 2010b>Hyperprolactinemia, an adverse side-effect of the use of typical and some atypical antipsychotics, has both acute and chronic clinical consequences...
- Effect of antipsychotic-induced hyperprolactinemia on anthropometric measures, insulin sensitivity and lipid profile in patients with schizophrenia or related psychosesKristina Melkersson
Department of Molecular Medicine and Surgery, Karolinska University Hospital, Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
Neuro Endocrinol Lett 32:428-36. 2011This study consisting of two subprojects was undertaken to evaluate the effects of hyperprolactinemia on cardiovascular disease (CVD) risk parameters such as anthropometric measures, insulin sensitivity and blood lipids in patients with ..
- Antipsychotic induced hyperprolactinaemia: a series of illustrative case reportsP M Haddad
Mental Health Services of Salford, University of Manchester, UK
J Psychopharmacol 15:293-5. 2001....
- Patients with macroprolactinaemia: clinical and radiological featuresF Donadio
Department of Medical Sciences, University of Milan, Unit of Endocrinology and Diabetology, Fondazione Ospedale Maggiore IRCCS, Milan, Italy
Eur J Clin Invest 37:552-7. 2007....
- The risk for breast cancer is not evidently increased in women with hyperprolactinemiaO M Dekkers
Department of Endocrinology and Metabolic Diseases, Leiden University Medical Center, P O Box 9600, 2300 RC, Leiden, The Netherlands
Pituitary 13:195-8. 2010The question has been raised whether hyperprolactinemia in humans is associated with an excess risk for breast cancer...
- The effect of the menopause on prolactin levels in patients with hyperprolactinaemiaS Karunakaran
Department of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Radcliffe Infirmary, Oxford, UK
Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 54:295-300. 2001..Females who pass through pregnancy may have a higher chance of normalizing their prolactin levels. The menopause is an indication for reassessment of the need to continue to treat hyperprolactinaemia and microprolactinoma...
- Heterogeneity of big-big hPRL in hyperprolactinemiaT Tanaka
Endocrine Research Laboratory, National Children's Medical Research Center, Tokyo, Japan
Horm Metab Res 21:84-8. 1989..The data demonstrated the existence of at least two forms of big-big hPRL in the serum and indicated that radioactive big-big hPRL may be different from these hPRLs in the serum...
- Polycystic ovary syndrome and hyperprolactinemia are distinct entitiesRoberpaulo Barboza Filho
Endocrinology and Neurology Clinics CLINEN, Brasilia, Brazil
Gynecol Endocrinol 23:267-72. 2007The aims of the present study were to identify the cause of hyperprolactinemia in polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) and to compare prolactin (PRL) levels between PCOS women without hyperprolactinemia and women with insulin resistance and ..
- Prolactin and autoimmunity: hyperprolactinemia correlates with serositis and anemia in SLE patientsHedi Orbach
Department of Medicine B, Wolfson Medical Center, Holon, Israel
Clin Rev Allergy Immunol 42:189-98. 2012Evidence points to an association of prolactin to autoimmune diseases. We examined the correlation between hyperprolactinemia and disease manifestations and activity in a large patient cohort...
- Research resource: Haploinsufficiency of receptor activity-modifying protein-2 (RAMP2) causes reduced fertility, hyperprolactinemia, skeletal abnormalities, and endocrine dysfunction in miceMahita Kadmiel
Department of Cell and Molecular Physiology, The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599, USA
Mol Endocrinol 25:1244-53. 2011..Ramp2(+/-) female mice also exhibit hyperprolactinemia during pregnancy and in basal conditions...
- Hyperprolactinaemia in 271 women: up to three decades of clinical follow-upKatarina Berinder
Department of Endocrinology, Metabolism and Diabetology, Karolinska University Hospital and Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 63:450-5. 2005..To characterize women with hyperprolactinaemia at diagnosis and to assess the effect of treatment after long duration of the disease...
- Hyperprolactinemia and infertilityAmal Shibli-Rahhal
Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Iowa, Iowa City, USA
Endocrinol Metab Clin North Am 40:837-46. 2011..Clinically significant tumor enlargement during pregnancy is uncommon and dependent on tumor size and prepregnancy treatment...
- Hyperprolactinemia and immunohistochemical expression of intracellular prolactin and prolactin receptor in primary central nervous system tumors and their relationship with cellular replicationCarolina Garcia Soares Leães
Department of Pathology of Fundação Faculdade Federal de Ciências Médicas de Porto Alegre, Center of Neuroendocrinology Complexo Hospitalar Santa Casa of Porto Alegre RS, Rua Dona Mimi Moro, 40 90480 050, Porto Alegre, RS, Brazil
Brain Tumor Pathol 24:41-6. 2007The role of prolactin (PRL) in the CNS remains uncertain. We evaluated the presence of hyperprolactinemia, intracellular prolactin (ICP), and prolactin receptor (PRL-R) in primary CNS tumors, and their relationship with cellular ..
- Clinical and laboratory features greatly overlap in patients with macroprolactinemia or monomeric hyperprolactinemiaL Vilar
Division of Endocrinology, Hospital das Clinicas, Federal University of Pernambuco, Recife, Brazil
Minerva Endocrinol 32:79-86. 2007The aim of this study was to evaluate the clinical and laboratory features of 64 patients with macroprolactinemia and to compare them to those of individuals with monomeric hyperprolactinemia.
- Ten-year clinical follow-up of a cohort of 51 patients with macroprolactinemia establishes it as a benign variantI R Wallace
Regional Centre for Endocrinology and Diabetes, Royal Victoria Hospital, Grosvenor Road, Belfast BT12 6BA, UK
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 95:3268-71. 2010Macroprolactinemia is a common finding in patients with hyperprolactinemia. There are no published long-term follow-up studies.
- Comparison of cabergoline and bromocriptine in patients with asymptomatic incidental hyperprolactinemia undergoing ICSI-ETMustafa Bahceci
Department of Infertility and Reproductive Medicine, Istanbul German Hospital, Istanbul, Turkey
Gynecol Endocrinol 26:505-8. 2010..3% vs. 2.5%; p = 0.0004). In conclusion, we found that cabergoline and bromocriptine showed no differences in IVF outcomes and pregnancy results in patients with AIH...
- Hyperprolactinemia and delusion of pregnancyNiraj Ahuja
Wallsend Community Mental Health Team, Sir G B Hunter Memorial Hospital, The Green Wallsend NE28 7PD, UK
Psychopathology 41:65-8. 2008..who presented with delusion of twin pregnancy a month after admission, which temporally correlated with hyperprolactinemia secondary to antipsychotic medication...
- Incidence and clinical significance of elevated macroprolactin levels in patients with hyperprolactinemiaAbel Alfonso
Department of Medicine, Endocrinology Service, Walter Reed Army Medical Center, Washington, District of Columbia, USA
Endocr Pract 12:275-80. 2006..To determine the prevalence and clinical characteristics of patients with macroprolactinemia in an endocrinology practice at a tertiary care military medical center in the United States...
- Macroprolactinemia, like hyperprolactinemia, may promote platelet activationInan Anaforoglu
Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Department of Internal Medicine, Baskent University Faculty of Medicine, Ankara, Turkey
Endocrine 37:294-300. 2010..Although it often accompanies hyperprolactinemia, findings conflict concerning its clinical impact in macroprolactinemia...
- Antipsychotic-induced hyperprolactinemia and delusion of pregnancyNiraj Ahuja
Northumberland, Tyne and Wear NHS Trust, UK
Psychosomatics 49:163-7. 2008The authors describe 12 patients with antipsychotic-induced hyperprolactinemia. Six patients had erroneous ideas of being pregnant (four delusional and two non-delusional) temporally associated with hyperprolactinemia and resolving as ..
- Persistence of macroprolactinemia due to antiprolactin autoantibody before, during, and after pregnancy in a woman with systemic lupus erythematosusA Leaños-Miranda
Laboratory of Autoimmunity, Immunology Research Unit, Hospital de Pediatria, Centro Medico Nacional Siglo XXI, Instituto Mexicano del Seguro Social, Mexico City, 06725 Mexico
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 86:2619-24. 2001..The clinical features of the patient included idiopathic hyperprolactinemia without clinical symptoms such as amenorrhea and galactorrhea before pregnancy...
- Increased incidence of autoimmune thyroiditis in patients with antipsychotic-induced hyperprolactinemiaBurç C Poyraz
Istanbul University, Cerrahpasa Medical Faculty, Department of Psychiatry, Aksaray, 34301, Istanbul, Turkey
Eur Neuropsychopharmacol 18:667-72. 2008..However, the effects of antipsychotic drug-induced hyperprolactinemia (HPRL) on development of thyroid autoimmunity and also of other autoimmune phenomena have not been ..
- Gross variability in the detection of prolactin in sera containing big big prolactin (macroprolactin) by commercial immunoassaysThomas P Smith
Department of Endocrinology and Diabetes Mellitus, St Vincent s University Hospital, Elm Park, Dublin 4, Ireland
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 87:5410-5. 2002..sera identified, 71 normalized following treatment of sera with polyethylene glycol, indicating that 24% of hyperprolactinemia could be accounted for by macroprolactin...
- Ethanol induces hyperprolactinemia by increasing prolactin release and lactotrope growth in female ratsAlok De
Program of Endocrinology, Center of Alcohol Studies and Department of Animal Sciences, Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, New Brunswick, New Jersey 08901 8525, USA
Alcohol Clin Exp Res 26:1420-9. 2002Alcohol drinking is known to cause hyperprolactinemia in both humans and laboratory animals. The mechanism by which alcoholism causes hyperprolactinemia is not known...
- A rare cause of hyperprolactinemia: persistent trigeminal artery with stalk-section effectG Ekinci
Department of Radiology, Faculty of Medicine, Marmara University, Tophanelioglu Caddesi 13/15, Altunizade Istanbul 81190, Turkey
Eur Radiol 11:648-50. 2001..We report a case of PTA compressing the left side of the pituitary gland and stalk, in a patient with elevated blood prolactin level...
- Diagnosis and management of hyperprolactinemiaOmar Serri
Division of Endocrinology, University of Montreal, Montreal, Que
CMAJ 169:575-81. 2003Prolactin is a pituitary hormone that plays a pivotal role in a variety of reproductive functions. Hyperprolactinemia is a common condition that can result from a number of causes, including medication use and hypothyroidism as well as ..
- Hyperprolactinemia-related adverse events associated with antipsychotic treatment in children and adolescentsJeanette M Jerrell
Department of Neuropsychiatry, University of South Carolina School of Medicine, 3555 Harden Street Ext, CEB 301, Columbia, SC 29203, USA
J Adolesc Health 45:70-6. 2009To characterize factors related to the development of hyperprolactinemia and the ensuing reproductive/sexual adverse events in children and adolescents treated with antipsychotic and other psychotropic agents, and the additional risk ..
- Guidelines of the Pituitary Society for the diagnosis and management of prolactinomasFelipe F Casanueva
Department of Medicine, Endocrine Division, Santiago de Compostela University, Spain
Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 65:265-73. 2006....
- Role of OFQ/N in Regulating the Prolactin Response to StressPhyllis Callahan; Fiscal Year: 2007..we will take advantage of this difference to examine the role and mechanisms involved in OFQ/N regulation of hyperprolactinemia and prolactin's role and mechanisms of action in mediating attenuation of the HPA axis response to ..
- Mechanisms of Bone Loss from Administration of the Second-Generation AntipsychotiKATHERINE JEAN MOTYL; Fiscal Year: 2013..Side effects from these medications include hyperprolactinemia, hypogonadism, and obesity...
- NEURAL AND ENDOCRINE CONSEQUENCES OF PARITYROBERT STAFFORD BRIDGES; Fiscal Year: 2012..Another experiment examines whether postpartum hyperprolactinemia and the age of reproductive experience contribute to the effects of reproductive experience on subsequent ..
- ALCOHOL AND HYPERPROLACTINEMIADIPAK KUMAR SARKAR; Fiscal Year: 2013DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): A high level of plasma prolactin, hyperprolactinemia, is known to be one of the major reasons for reproductive dysfunction such as amenorrhea, galactorrhea and infertility in women...
- Catenins: A role in spertmatogenesis and sperm maturationMANJEET KUMAR RAO; Fiscal Year: 2010..oligospermia in pathological conditions associated with reduced fertility potential, including varicocele, hyperprolactinemia, diabetes and idiopathic oligospermia...
- Long-Term Safety and Genetic Risk Factors of Risperdone Treatment in YouthChadi A Calarge; Fiscal Year: 2010..Concerns, however, have been raised regarding its potential to hinder bone mineral accrual due to hyperprolactinemia, thus increasing the risk of osteopenia and osteoporosis...
- INTRAGONADOTROPE PATHWAYS REGULATING GENE TRANSCRIPTIONJohn C Marshall; Fiscal Year: 2010..Slow frequency pulses are present in hypothalamic amenorrhea and hyperprolactinemia. In contrast, persistently rapid GnRH pulse frequency is a feature of polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS)...
- Adjunct Aripiprazole for Symptomatic Hyperprolactinemia in Female SchizophreniaDeanna L Kelly; Fiscal Year: 2013..placebo in 70 women with symptomatic hyperprolactinemia and hypothesize it will be effective in the resolution of amenorrhea, oligomenorrhea and galactorrhea...
- Counteracting Risperidone-Induced Hyperprolactinemia in YouthsChadi A Calarge; Fiscal Year: 2013..mineral density'(BMD) and some psychotropics, such as risperidone, can exacerbate this risk by causing hyperprolactinemia (HiPRL)...
- Role and Mechanisms of Prolactin on HPA Axis Activation Following StressJames Janik; Fiscal Year: 2009..hyperprolactinemic) or (ii) wild-type and PRL knockout mice treated with exogenous PRL to induce hyperprolactinemia for 1, 3 or 6 days to determine the time course and specificity of the inhibitory effects of ..
- POLYDRUG ABUSE IN WOMENNANCY MELLO; Fiscal Year: 2000..g., hyperprolactinemia) will be compared in males and females using a dopamine perturbation model...
- REGULATION OF ANTERIOR PITUITARY FUNCTION BY POMCSharon Wardlaw; Fiscal Year: 1990..evidence supports a role of beta-EP in mediating the suppressive effects of sex stroids, stress, and hyperprolactinemia on GnRH and LH release...
- ROLE OF G PROTEINS IN PROLACTIN SIGNAL TRANSDUCTIONJennifer Larsen; Fiscal Year: 1993b>Hyperprolactinemia is an important cause of hypogonadism and infertility in men and women...
- Novel Pharmacological Strategies in AutismChristopher McDougle; Fiscal Year: 2009..Both typical and atypical antipsychotics cause hyperprolactinemia. Furthermore, to date, no drug treatment has been developed for the core social impairment of autism...
- NORMAL AND ABNORMAL UTERO-VAGINAL DEVELOPMENTGerald Cunha; Fiscal Year: 1991..is due to direct estrogen receptor mediated events or via indirect, neuroendocrine imbalance, such as hyperprolactinemia. Utilizing uterine and vaginal epithelial inductions as model systems, the mechanism of these E-M ..
- ALCOHOL AND THE MENSTRUAL CYCLE: BIOBEHAVIORAL STUDIESNANCY MELLO; Fiscal Year: 1993..g. amenorrhea, anovulation, luteal phase dysfunction, ovarian pathology, and hyperprolactinemia) are associated with alcohol abuse and the underlying mechanisms are unknown...
- Hormone-induced inflammation and prostate cancerShuk Mei Ho; Fiscal Year: 2009..T treatment also causes hyperprolactinemia, which induces inflammation in the LP...
- MECHANISMS IN THE REGULATION OF PROLACTIN SECRETIONKAREN GREGERSON; Fiscal Year: 1992..As such, these studies have a direct bearing on the regulation of fertility and reproduction and in the clinical management of hyperprolactinemia.
- Neuron Phenotype Changes During LactationGloria Hoffman; Fiscal Year: 2005..to their damns before TH fully up-regulates, and does Enk persist after suckling cases? Lastly while hyperprolactinemia is adaptive for lactation, it can be maladaptive at other times...
- Modulation of B Cell Function by ProlactinElena Peeva; Fiscal Year: 2007..Up to 30% of patients with SLE have hyperprolactinemia. In addition, hyperprolactinemia accelerates disease activity and causes early mortality in murine models of ..
- MECHANISMS OF ORPHANIN'S EFFECTS ON PROLACTIN RELEASEJames Janik; Fiscal Year: 2000..Prolactin has many important physiological roles. It can affect reproductive functions (e.g. hyperprolactinemia is associated with oligomenorrhea) and prolactin levels are affected by stress and exercise, which ..
- HUMAN PROLACTINOMASAMBER OCHOA; Fiscal Year: 1999..Manifestations of hyperprolactinemia include infertility in women and impotence in men...
- PURIFICATION AND PHYSIOLOGIC ROLE OF A LIVER LACTOGENL Frawley; Fiscal Year: 1990..4) to evaluate the contribution of LLF to the suppression of gonadotropin secretion associated with hyperprolactinemia; and, (5) to determine whether LLF is present in mammalian species other than the rat...
- Prolactin Feedback to Hypothalamic Dopaminergic NeuronsLYDIA ARBOGAST; Fiscal Year: 2009..Prolactin-secreting tumors are the most prevalent pituitary defect and the resulting hyperprolactinemia causes infertility in men and women...
- EFFECT OF HYPERPROLACTINEMIA IN LH RELEASEPhyllis Wise; Fiscal Year: 1993The longterm objective of this research is to evaluate the neuroendocrine mechanisms by which hyperprolactinemia (hyperPRL) suppresses female reproductive function...
- PROLACTIN EFFECTS ON BEHAVIORJOHN BUNTIN; Fiscal Year: 2004..of how adenohypophyseal hormones influence brain activity and provide new insights into the causes of infertility, energy balance, and behavioral alterations that are associated with hyperprolactinemia in the clinical setting.
- A NEW CLONE OF NORMAL RAT PROLACTIN CELLSEDWARD RENNELS; Fiscal Year: 1980..The time course of tumor formation will be followed as well as the level of prolactin secreted by the developing tumors. We anticipate that it will be possible to develop a useful model for a variety of studies on hyperprolactinemia.
- MENTORED PATIENT-ORIENTED RESEARCH CAREER DEVELOPMENTMatthew Byerly; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Aripiprazole for Clozapine Associated Medical MorbidityDavid Henderson; Fiscal Year: 2007..Clinical adjunctive therapy may establish aripiprazole as a new therapeutic approach in schizophrenia and clozapine-associated medical disorders. ..
- ROLE OF OPIATES IN ALCOHOL-INDUCED NEUROTOXICITYDIPAK SARKAR; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Role of 5-alpha Reductase in Testosterone ActionsShalendar Bhasin; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Testosterone Modulation of Response to Phosphodiesterase InhibitorsShalendar Bhasin; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Fetal Alcohol Effects on Circadian clocks and POMCDIPAK KUMAR SARKAR; Fiscal Year: 2010..This information should help to develop therapeutic strategies in managing sleep-wake disturbances and the resultant health consequences in FAE offspring. ..
- In Vivo CSF Shunt Hydrodynamics in HydrocephalusMarvin Bergsneider; Fiscal Year: 2010..Documenting definitive evidence of the tuned-dynamic absorber model could have fundamental implications to all ICP disorders. ..
- Effects of Chronic Estrogen on TIDA Neurons: Role of Cytokines and NOPuliyur S MohanKumar; Fiscal Year: 2010..Age-related reductions in TIDA activity is associated with hyperprolactinemia and appearance of mammary and pitutiary tumors in animal models...
- Biology of the NK cell cytolytic activity rhythmDIPAK KUMAR SARKAR; Fiscal Year: 2010..The proposed series of studies should enhance our knowledge of the physiological mechanisms orchestrating NK cell circadian function. ..
- Bipolar Statistical Summit:Methodologies to Advance Long Term Intervention TrialsCharles Bowden; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- In Vivo Imaging of Post-Traumatic Cerebral Amyloid DepositionMarvin Bergsneider; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- GONADAL HORMONES ON BODY COMPOSITION, HIV AND DRUG USEAdrian Dobs; Fiscal Year: 2002..These studies can provide information to further our understanding of gender differences in disease progression and treatment. ..
- OPIOID AND ALCOHOL REGULATED IMMUNE FUNCTIONDIPAK SARKAR; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Prolactin and Estrogens as Mitogens in Prostate CancerNira Ben Jonathan; Fiscal Year: 2002..In rodents, hyperprolactinemia and prostatic hyperplasia are also induced by bisphenol A (BPA), an environmental estrogen...
- ESTROGEN MITOGENIC ACTION IN THE PITUITARYDIPAK SARKAR; Fiscal Year: 2003..Such knowledge should be important in understanding prolactinoma because increased proliferation is an early step in cell transformation. ..
- MANAGEMENT FOR RISK OF RELAPSE IN SCHIZOPHRENIAStephen Marder; Fiscal Year: 2004..The investigator will evaluate outcome during the next two years with measures of clinical psychopathology, medication side effects, functional outcomes, and quality of life. ..
- ANDROGEN EXCESS DISORDERRicardo Azziz; Fiscal Year: 2004..The institution has committed to releasing the Candidate from other duties in order for him to dedicate at least 50% of his time to the research and mentoring activities. ..
- The Molecular Basis of Ovarian Testosterone ProductionRobert Rosenfield; Fiscal Year: 2004..The overall goal of this proposal is to understand the factors regulating the production of testosterone in women, particularly in their ovaries. ..
- Adrenal Insufficiency after Moderate&Severe Head InjuryPejman Cohan; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Xenoestrogens: Genomic and Non-genomic MechanismsNira Ben Jonathan; Fiscal Year: 2006..The results of these studies should provide much needed experimental foundation for assessing the vulnerability of the pituitary gland to insults by endocrine disruptors. ..
- Mechanisms of Testosterone Effects on Body CompositionShalendar Bhasin; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Pramipexole in Treatment-Resistant DepressionRoy Perlis; Fiscal Year: 2007..The proposed investigation and training program will provide critical skills, experience and data to aid the candidate in writing an R01 and becoming an independent investigator. ..
- A HEMODYNAMIC MODEL OF INTRACRANIAL PRESSURE DYNAMICSMarvin Bergsneider; Fiscal Year: 2002..An improved understanding of these disorders will offer new and better treatment modalities for millions of affected patients. ..
- NEW APPROACHES TO EVALUATION AND TREATMENT OF ACROMEGALYPamela Freda; Fiscal Year: 2003..My sponsor, Dr. Wardlaw, continues to be committed to providing me with the guidance I need to pursue my research plans and to facilitate my transition to independent investigator. ..
- VALPROATE RESPONSE IN AGGRESSIVE AUTISTIC ADOLESCENTSJessica Hellings; Fiscal Year: 2002..Study results will be prepared and submitted as manuscripts for publications and presentations. Achievement of goals of the grant will be monitored by Dr. Schroeder weekly, quarterly and annually. ..
- SARCOPENIA--TESTOSTERONE DOSE RESPONSE IN OLDER MENShalender Bhasin; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- NEW APPROACHES TO EVALUATION AND TREATMENT OF ACROMEGALYPamela Freda; Fiscal Year: 2003..My sponsor, Dr. Wardlaw, is highly qualified and committed to providing me with the support I need to pursue my research plans and to facilitate my transition to independent investigator. ..
- Controlled Study of Olanzapine in Children with AutismRichard Malone; Fiscal Year: 2005..Abstract Not Provided ..
- FREE PLASMA SEX HORMONE AND ANDROGEN ACTIONRobert Rosenfield; Fiscal Year: 2001....