Summary: Disease involving the femoral nerve. The femoral nerve may be injured by ISCHEMIA (e.g., in association with DIABETIC NEUROPATHIES), nerve compression, trauma, COLLAGEN DISEASES, and other disease processes. Clinical features include MUSCLE WEAKNESS or PARALYSIS of hip flexion and knee extension, ATROPHY of the QUADRICEPS MUSCLE, reduced or absent patellar reflex, and impaired sensation over the anterior and medial thigh.
Publications118 found, 100 shown here
- Nerve conduction studies of the lateral femoral cutaneous nerve. Implications in the diagnosis of meralgia parestheticaMary J Russo
Department of Neurology, The George Washington University, Washington, DC 20037, USA
Am J Electroneurodiagnostic Technol 45:180-5. 2005..This simple change in technique requires no more effort, cost, or training on the part of the operator yet produces a much higher percentage of responses...
- Meralgia paresthetica following gynecologic and obstetric surgeryG Peters
Walton Centre for Neurology and Neurosurgery, Fazakerley, Liverpool, UK
Int J Gynaecol Obstet 95:42-3. 2006
- Meralgia paresthetica: diagnosis and treatmentM G Grossman
Kerlan-Jobe Orthopedic Institute, Suite 125, 6801 Park Terrace, Los Angeles, CA 90045, USA
J Am Acad Orthop Surg 9:336-44. 2001..Although nonoperative management usually results in satisfactory results, efforts should be made to avoid injury at the time of surgery...
- Lateral femoral cutaneous neuralgia: an anatomical insightL C Dias Filho
Department of Morphology, Faculty of Medicine, Pernambuco Federal University, Recife, Pernambuco, Brazil
Clin Anat 16:309-16. 2003..In 36% of cases there was no posterior branch of the nerve, which is correlated to lateral femoral cutaneous neuralgia symptoms often being limited to the anterior branch region. An accessory nerve was found in 30% of cases...
- Femoral nerve palsy after mandibular reconstruction with microvascular iliac flap: a complication under anticoagulation therapyC Toro
Department of Maxillofacial Surgery, Faculty of Medicine, University of Udine, Udine, Italy
Int J Oral Maxillofac Surg 36:270-3. 2007..This case illustrates the need to be aware of this type of complication and its clinical manifestations for patients under anticoagulant therapy in the perioperative period during microvascular reconstructions...
- Iliopsoas bursitis-associated femoral neuropathy exacerbated after internal fixation of an intertrochanteric hip fracture in rheumatoid arthritis: a case reportAsami Tokita
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Institute of Rheumatology, Tokyo Women s Medical University, 10 22 Kawada, Shinjuku, Tokyo 162 0054, Japan
Mod Rheumatol 18:394-8. 2008..We would recommend that bursa excision be considered even in cases of iliopsoas bursitis associated with mild femoral neuropathy when destructive changes in the hip joint are also present.
- Acute femoral neuropathy: a rare complication after renal transplantationH Van Veer
Department of Abdominal Transplant Surgery, University Hospitals Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
Transplant Proc 42:4384-8. 2010b>Femoral neuropathy is a rare but disabling complication following renal transplantation and pelvic surgery in general...
- Transient femoral neuropathy after abdominoplastyEdward A Pechter
Division of Plastic Surgery, University of California, Los Angeles, California, USA
Ann Plast Surg 61:492-3. 2008..Although it has been described after a variety of operative procedures, this article describes what may be the first reported occurrence of femoral neuropathy after abdominoplasty.
- Electrodiagnostic approach to the patient with suspected mononeuropathy of the lower extremityBashar Katirji
Department of Neurology, Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, University Hospitals of Cleveland, 11100 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, OH 44106 5098, USA
Neurol Clin 20:479-501, vii. 2002..In this section, the author emphasizes the EDX studies of most lower extremity mononeuropathies and discusses, briefly, their anatomical and clinical aspects...
- Femoral nerve palsy caused by a self-retaining polyretractor during major pelvic surgeryCarlo Corbu
Luciano Giuliani Institute of Urology, University of Genoa, Italy
Urol Int 68:66-8. 2002Postoperative femoral neuropathy is not a well-recognized complication in urology. We report 2 cases of femoral nerve palsy due to compression ascribed to the use of the self-retaining retractor...
- Femoral neuropathy following retroperitoneal hemorrhage: case series and review of the literatureShane S Parmer
Division of Vascular Surgery, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Ann Vasc Surg 20:536-40. 2006b>Femoral neuropathy due to retroperitoneal hematoma has been infrequently described in the literature...
- The treatment of femoral neuropathy due to pseudotumour caused by metal-on-metal resurfacing arthroplastyP Harvie
Oxford Tumour and Joint Reconstruction Service, Nuffield Orthopaedic Centre, Oxford, UK
Hip Int 18:313-20. 2008..Pseudotumours may also present with a major nerve palsy. Two cases of femoral neuropathy due to pseudotumour masses caused by metal-on-metal resurfacing arthroplasty are presented...
- Femoral nerve entrapmentA Azuelos
European Neurosurgical Institute, Treviso, Italy
Acta Neurochir Suppl 92:61-2. 2005..Microsurgical nerve decompression, and the elimination of neurovascular conflict gave satisfactory results. The best result has been observed in neurovascular conflict cases...
- Risk of nerve damage from vascular access cathetersK R Vege
Anaesthesia 61:615-6. 2006
- Bilateral meralgia paresthetica after cesarian section with epidural analgesiaFriedemann Paul
J Peripher Nerv Syst 11:98-9. 2006
- Characterization of chronic constriction of the saphenous nerve, a model of neuropathic pain in mice showing rapid molecular and electrophysiological changesJean Sébastien Walczak
Department of Pharmacology, Universite de Montreal, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
J Neurosci Res 83:1310-22. 2006..This model takes advantage of the possible use in the future of genetically modified mice and of an exclusively sensory nerve for a comprehensive study of peripheral mechanisms of neuropathic pain...
- Decompression of the lateral femoral cutaneous nerve in the treatment of meralgia parestheticaIvica Ducic
Department of Plastic Surgery, Georgetown University Hospital, Washington, DC 20007, USA
J Reconstr Microsurg 22:113-8. 2006..LFCN neurolysis alone had better results, compared to combined LFCN neurolysis and nerve resection. The conclusion is that neurolysis of the LFCN is an effective treatment for MP in properly selected patients...
- Iliacus muscle rupture with associated femoral nerve palsy after abdominal extension exercises: a case reportSamuel M Sanders
NYU-Hospital for Joint Diseases, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, 301 East 17th Street, New York, NY 10003, USA
Am J Sports Med 34:837-9. 2006
- Epithelioid perineurioma: an unusual variantS A Haider
Department of Histopathology, Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust, Nottingham, UK
J Clin Pathol 61:1130-2. 2008....
- A case of femoral compressive neuropathy in AL amyloidosisEun Ha Kang
Department of Internal Medicine, Seoul National University Hospital, Korea
J Korean Med Sci 20:524-7. 2005..Femoral compressive neuropathy has never been reported in association with amyloid induced iliopsoas hypertrophic myopathy. This report expands the clinical spectrum of AL amyloidosis...
- Transient femoral neuropathy after harvest of bone from the iliac crestAdrian Farrow
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Monklands District General Hospital, Airdrie, Lanarkshire ML6 OJS, Scotland, UK
Br J Oral Maxillofac Surg 42:572-4. 2004..For postoperative analgesia, she was given a bupivacaine infusion into the iliac wound. She developed a temporary left femoral mononeuropathy from which she recovered completely...
- Postoperative femoral motor neuropathy: diagnosis and treatment without neurologic consultation or testingJames Fanning
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Summa Health System, Northeastern Ohio Universities College of Medicine, Akron 44309, USA
J Reprod Med 52:285-8. 2007..To review the diagnosis and treatment of postoperative femoral motor neuropathy without neurologic consultation or testing...
- Non-operative management of femoral neuropathy secondary to a traumatic iliacus haematoma in an adolescentA Patel
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, The Alpert School of Medicine, Brown University, 2 Dudley Street, Providence, Rhode Island 02905, USA
J Bone Joint Surg Br 90:1380-1. 2008..We present the case of a healthy 15-year-old boy with a femoral neuropathy due to an iliacus haematoma which resolved following conservative treatment.
- Temporary femoral nerve palsy after ilioinguinal nerve blockade combined with splash block for post-inguinal herniorrhaphy analgesia in a pediatric patientTung Ying Tsai
Department of Anesthesiology, Chia Yi Christian Hospital, Chia Yi, Taiwan, ROC
Acta Anaesthesiol Taiwan 45:237-40. 2007..The patient made a complete recovery 8 hrs after surgery without any treatment. We discuss the mechanism of this complication and strategies to reduce this complication...
- [Peripheral neuropathic pain relieved by somatosensory rehabilitation]F Mathis
Centre de Réeducation Sensitive, Clinique Generale, Fribourg
Rev Med Suisse 3:2745-8. 2007..Lastly, the result of the somatosensory rehabilitation of femoral neuralgia (NNT = 1.8) is documented on the basis of a prospective study done on 59 patients...
- [Infiltrations, blocks and neurolysis in musculoskeletal pathology]T Bouziane
Clinique Notre dame de Tournai, avenue Delmée no 9, 7500 Tournai, Belgique
J Radiol 88:1248-54. 2007..These percutaneous procedures must be performed with maximum patient comfort and cause as little complications as possible. These procedures should be performed by an experienced radiologist after discussion with the treating clinician...
- Meralgia paresthetica due to body armor wear in U.S. soldiers serving in Iraq: a case report and review of the literatureMatthew V Fargo
172nd Stryker Brigade Combat Team, Baghdad, Iraq
Mil Med 172:663-5. 2007..Although use of protective body armor is proven to be lifesaving, modifications to improve current equipment may help to decrease morbidities such as meralgia paresthetica...
- Dr Jacob Mackiewicz (1887-1966) and his signAvi Ohryi
J Med Biogr 15:102-3. 2007..This manoeuvre indicates a femoral nerve injury'...
- Prolonged femoral nerve palsy after ilio-inguinal nerve blockY Salib
Reg Anesth Pain Med 32:271. 2007
- [Cases of femoral nerve palsy after radical prostatectomy]Tomoko Inoue
Department of Anesthesiology, Gunma University Graduate School of Medicine, 3 39 22 Showa machi, Maebashi 371 8511, Japan
Masui 57:363-5. 2008Although postoperative femoral neuropathy is an uncommon complication occurring after pelvic surgery, we experienced several cases of femoral nerve palsy in patients after radical prostatectomy...
- Involvement of the lateral femoral cutaneous nerve as source of persistent pain after total hip arthroplastyA Lee Dellon
Institute for Peripheral Nerve Surgery, Baltimode, Maryland, USA
J Arthroplasty 23:480-5. 2008..One of the 3 patients reported here had a coexisting meralgia paresthetica that was treated by the same operative approach. The orthopedic surgeon should include the LFC nerve as an origin of persistent pain after total hip arthroplasty...
- A novel approach to the diagnosis and management of meralgia parestheticaS A Reza Nouraei
West London Neuroscience Centre, Charing Cross Hospital, London, United Kingdom
Neurosurgery 60:696-700; discussion 700. 2007..To review the results of conservative and surgical treatment of meralgia paresthetica (MP), with particular reference to the use of a simple clinical test for diagnosing this condition and the outcome of primary nerve decompression surgery...
- Transient femoral nerve palsy associated with a synovial cyst of the hip in a patient with spinal cord injuryK P Robinson
Arthroplasty Unit, Northern General Hospital, Herries Road, Sheffield, UK
J Bone Joint Surg Br 89:107-8. 2007..An MRI scan confirmed a synovial cyst originating from the left hip joint, lying adjacent to the femoral nerve. The cyst expanded on standing, causing a transient femoral nerve palsy. The symptoms resolved after excision of the cyst...
- Meralgia paresthetica caused by hip-huggers in a patient with aberrant course of the lateral femoral cutaneous nerveJong Woong Park
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, College of Medicine, Korea University, Seoul, Republic of Korea
Muscle Nerve 35:678-80. 2007..Ultrasonography was useful for detecting the lesion site and the abnormal pathway of the LFCN. After neurectomy of the LFCN, most of the symptoms of MP were relieved, but mild hypesthesia remained in the lateral thigh...
- [Postoperative meralgia paresthetica]E Blanca Jover
An Pediatr (Barc) 65:504. 2006
- Bilateral femoral neuropathy associated with disseminated intravascular coagulopathy: a case reportC Y Cheok
Orthopaedic Unit, Department of Surgery, Universiti Putra Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Med J Malaysia 61:97-9. 2006..Its related pathoanatomy is discussed based on the described evidences in the literature. Nonoperative treatment remains as a recommended option for coagulopathy-related neuropathy...
- Iliac compartment block following ilioinguinal iliohypogastric nerve blockThiayagarajan Shivashanmugam
Department of Anesthesiology and Critical Care, Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research, Pondicherry, India
Paediatr Anaesth 16:1084-6. 2006..25%) of bupivacaine administered in the smallest indicated volume of 0.25 ml.kg-1 using a double-shot technique...
- Meralgia paresthetica in a policeman: the belt or the gunNurten Korkmaz
Plast Reconstr Surg 114:1012-3. 2004
- [Delayed paresis of the femoral nerve after total hip arthroplasty associated with hereditary neuropathy with liability to pressure palsies (HNPP)]A Schuh
Orthopädische Klinik Rummelsberg, Schwarzenbruck
Orthopade 33:836-40. 2004..It should be taken into consideration in cases of atypical findings of compression syndromes of peripheral nerves or delayed neuropathy, e. g., after total hip arthroplasty...
- Documenting neuropathy of the lateral femoral cutaneous nerve using the Pressure-Specified Sensory Testing deviceJ Henk Coert
Division of Plastic Surgery, University Hospital Groningen, The Netherlands
Ann Plast Surg 50:373-7. 2003....
- Meralgia paraesthetica. A complication of a patient-positioning device in total hip replacementJ Kitson
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Torbay Hospital, Torquay, Devon, England, UK
J Bone Joint Surg Br 84:589-90. 2002..We describe three patients who developed meralgia paraesthetica after the use of a well-padded and carefully-placed patient-positioning device in total hip replacement...
- [Inflammatory pseudotumor of the ileopsoas muscle with femoral paralysis caused by massive metal abrasion of a hip endoprosthesis]S Leinung
Chirurgische Klinik und Poliklinik I, Universitat Leipzig, Liebigstrasse 20a, 04103 Leipzig
Chirurg 73:725-8. 2002..The wide excision revealed a rare inflammatory tumour in the left ileopsoas muscle due to the excessive abrasion of the metal hip endoprosthesis...
- Femoral, saphenous nerve palsy after tourniquet use: a case reportIra D Kornbluth
Rothman Institute, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Arch Phys Med Rehabil 84:909-11. 2003..Further evaluation should be considered if patients who are having persistent weakness or sensory findings after surgery have used a tourniquet...
- The ultrasonographic appearance of the femoral nerve and cases of iatrogenic impairmentHannes Gruber
Department of Radiology, University Hospital Innsbruck, Innsbruck, Austria
J Ultrasound Med 22:163-72. 2003..In this region, ultrasonography is helpful in detection of impairments and, therefore, in decisions about planning and even acceleration of further treatment...
- [Surgical treatment of meralgia paresthetica: case report]Maurus Marques de Almeida Holanda
Serviço de Neurocirurgia Unineuro, Hospital Santa Isabel, Joao Pessoa, PB, Brasil
Arq Neuropsiquiatr 61:288-90. 2003..The area of anesthesia generated by this procedure in the distribution of the LFCN tends to shrink with time. This patient achieved excellent outcome following this surgical technique...
- A clinical case and anatomical study of the innervation supply of the vastus medialis muscleH Ozer
2nd Department of Orthopaedics and Traumatology, Dr Muhittin Ulker Emergency Care and Traumatology Hospital, Ankara, Turkey
Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc 12:119-22. 2004..Isolated VM atrophy has not been previously reported. The purpose of the study was to identify the anatomical structures around the FN branch which innervates the VM muscle...
- Meralgia paresthetica: an unusual complication of cardiac catheterization via the femoral arteryRob Butler
Department of Cardiology, Green Lane Hospital, Auckland, New Zealand
Catheter Cardiovasc Interv 56:69-71. 2002..We report a case of meralgia paresthetica, a mononeuropathy affecting the lateral cutaneous nerve of the thigh following uncomplicated cardiac catheterization and percutaneous intervention via this route...
- Meralgia paraesthetica following lumbar spine surgery: a study in 110 consecutive surgically treated casesA Gupta
Lilavati Hospital and Research Centre and Shushrusha Citizens Co-operative Hospital, Mumbai, India
Neurol India 52:64-6. 2004..The posts of the Hall-Relton frame over the anterior superior iliac crest should be adequately padded. The condition is usually self-limiting. Surgical division or decompression of the LCFN is reserved for persistent or severe MP...
- Hemangiomatosis presenting as meralgia parestheticaT Yamamoto
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Kobe University, Kobe, Japan
J Pediatr Surg 36:518-20. 2001..To our knowledge, hemangiomatosis has never been suggested as a cause of meralgia paresthetica...
- Somatosensory evoked potentials predict neurolysis outcome in meralgia paraestheticaGavin Davis
ANZ J Surg 74:805-6; author reply 806-7. 2004
- [CT/MRI image characteristics of iliopsoas bursitis in avascular necrosis of femoral head]Ennian Gong
Orthopaedic Hospital of PLA, Beijing, 100039, P R China
Zhongguo Xiu Fu Chong Jian Wai Ke Za Zhi 22:295-8. 2008..To investigate the spectrum of CT and MR imaging and surgical operation findings in iliopsoas bursitis in patients with avascular necrosis of femoral head so as to enhance the diagnostic ability...
- Nervous system dysfunction in Henoch-Schonlein syndrome: systematic review of the literatureLuca Garzoni
Department of Paediatrics, Mendrisio and Bellinzona Hospitals, University Children s Hospital Bern, University of Bern, Bern, Switzerland
Rheumatology (Oxford) 48:1524-9. 2009..CNS or peripheral nervous system dysfunction sometimes occurs in Henoch-Schönlein patients...
- Neurological complications in kidney transplant recipientsClaudio Ponticelli
IRCCS, Italian Auxologic Institute, Milan Italy
J Nephrol 18:521-8. 2005..Peripheral mononeuritis and polyneuritis may also occur. An acute femoral neuropathy may occur in about 2% of patients as a result of nerve compression after operation...
- Complications of femoral nerve block for total knee arthroplastySanjeev Sharma
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Lahey Clinic Medical Center, 41 Mall Road, Burlington, MA 01805, USA
Clin Orthop Relat Res 468:135-40. 2010..We recommend postoperative protocols be modified for patients who have FNB to account for decreased quadriceps function in the early postoperative period, which can lead to falls...
- Femoral nerve injury after gynecologic laparoscopyAndrea Porzionato
Department of Human Anatomy and Physiology, University of Padova, Padova, Italy
J Minim Invasive Gynecol 15:105-7. 2008..After operation, the patient showed irreversible femoral neuropathy, with left thigh weakness and allodynic paresthesias, from the site of the left trocar insertion to the ..
- Gabapentin for the treatment of neuropathic pain in a pregnant horseJennifer L Davis
Department of Clinical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC 27606, USA
J Am Vet Med Assoc 231:755-8. 2007..A 24-year-old 732-kg (1,610-lb) pregnant Belgian draft horse mare developed neuropathy and signs of intractable pain following colic surgery...
- Giant iliopsoas bursitis: a complication of chronic arthritisClaire Louise Murphy
Department of Rheumatology, St James s Hospital, Dublin, Ireland
J Clin Rheumatol 16:83-5. 2010..We describe the cases of 2 patients, one of whom developed a femoral neuropathy, while the other had marked venous compression of the lower limb resulting from enlargement of the iliopsoas ..
- Lumbosacral plexopathy after dual kidney transplantationS S Dhillon
Department of Internal Medicine, St Elizabeth Health Center, Youngstown, OH, USA
Am J Kidney Dis 36:1045-8. 2000..However, isolated femoral neuropathy after renal transplantation has been reported, as the distal portion of this nerve is supplied by branches ..
- Iliopsoas hematoma with femoral neuropathy presenting a diagnostic dilemma after spinal decompressionD E Robinson
Department of Orthopaedics, Taunton and Somerset Hospital, Musgrove Park, Taunton, England
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 26:E135-8. 2001Case report of an iliopsoas hematoma with femoral neuropathy appearing 8 weeks after a posterior spinal decompression procedure.
- Robotic pursestring technique in low anterior resectionLeela M Prasad
Division of Colon and Rectal Surgery, John H Stroger Hospital, Chicago, Illinois 60612, USA
Dis Colon Rectum 53:230-4. 2010..Robotic technology overcomes most of these limitations to simplify the procedure. We describe our technique of controlled rectal transection and robotic purse-string placement by use of the da Vinci Robotic system...
- Bilateral iliopsoas hematomas under sedation: a complication of postoperative therapy after coronary artery bypass graftingDai Une
Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, Saiseikai Imabari Hospital, Imabari, Ehime 799 1592, Japan
Acta Med Okayama 64:71-3. 2010..Many patients with an iliopsoas hematoma complain of low-abdominal pain or femoral neuropathy, but such local signs may be absent under sedation...
- Spontaneous haematoma of the iliac psoas muscle: a case report and review of the literatureG Marquardt
Neurosurgical Clinic, Johann Wolfgang Goethe University, Schleusenweg 2 16, 60528 Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Arch Orthop Trauma Surg 122:109-11. 2002..We report the rare case of a spontaneous iliac psoas haematoma causing femoral neuropathy in a patient not undergoing anticoagulant treatment or suffering from a coagulopathy...
- A retroperitoneal femoral nerve schwannoma as a cause of chronic pelvic painBrenda Dawley
Department Obstetrics and Gynecology, Joan C Edwards School of Medicine, Marshall University, Huntington, West Virginia 25701, USA
J Minim Invasive Gynecol 15:491-3. 2008..Pathological analysis of the mass revealed a benign schwannoma of the femoral nerve sheath. Transient right femoral neuropathy complicated her postoperative course...
- Meralgia paresthetica secondary to lipomaCheng Shyuan Rau
Department of Neurosurgery, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital Kaohsiung Medical Center, Chang Gung University College of Medicine, Kaohsiung Hsien, Taiwan
J Neurosurg Spine 12:103-5. 2010..The authors conclude that lipoma compression can cause MP, and in such cases, total excision of the lipoma may resolve the condition...
- Injuries about the hip in the adolescent athleteDavid Kovacevic
Pediatric Orthopaedics and Scoliosis Surgery Service, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, OH, USA
Sports Med Arthrosc 19:64-74. 2011..This study reviews the more common acute and chronic overuse injuries in or around the hip in the adolescent athlete and discusses hip injury prevention in this active patient population...
- [A forgotten eponym: the Mackiewicz sign]Avi Ohry
Rehabilitation Medicine, Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University Department of Rehabilitation Medicine, Reuth Medical Center Tel Aviv, Israel
Harefuah 150:548-9, 550. 2011....
- Isolated posterior femoral cutaneous neuropathy following intragluteal injectionJee Eun Kim
Department of Neurology, College of Medicine, Seoul National University, Seoul, South Korea
Muscle Nerve 40:864-6. 2009..We assessed the posterior femoral cutaneous nerve using an accepted conduction technique. The results showed a normal response on the asymptomatic side, but no response on the symptomatic side...
- [Meralgia paraesthetica: a report on a series of 140 cases]A Martinez-Salio
Servicio de Neurologia, Hospital Universitario 12 de Octubre, Madrid, Espana
Rev Neurol 49:405-8. 2009..Meralgia paraesthetica is a pathology that is frequently seen in visits to extra-hospital neurology services. Nevertheless, the diagnosis, treatment and prognosis of this condition remain somewhat unclear...
- Influence of terminal nerve branch size on motor neuron regeneration accuracyGrant A Robinson
Department of Surgery, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Exp Neurol 215:228-35. 2009....
- Femoral nerve palsy following iliacus hematomaJennifer M Weiss
Children s Orthopaedic Center, Children s Hospital Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California 90027, USA
Orthopedics 31:178. 2008..Surgery should be considered if there is progression of the femoral nerve symptoms, or if MRI depicts a discreet collection of blood impinging on the femoral nerve...
- Meralgia paresthetica in the pediatric population: a propos of 2 casesDaniel Martín Fernández-Mayoralas
Neuropediatrics Section, Hospital Quiron, C Diego de Velázquez, Pozuelo de Alarcon, Madrid, Spain
J Child Neurol 25:110-3. 2010..First-line treatment should be conservative, but topiramate may be useful for the treatment of meralgia paresthetica, although broader studies are needed to evaluate its true effectiveness in this pathological condition...
- Nerve injuries after neuraxial anaesthesia and their medicolegal implicationsCynthia A Wong
Department of Anesthesiology, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Best Pract Res Clin Obstet Gynaecol 24:367-81. 2010..The most common intrinsic obstetric palsy is lateral femoral neuropathy. Palsies of the femoral, obturator, sciatic, common peroneal nerves and lumbosacral plexus have also been ..
- Stent-triggered 'electric shock' during leg bending 2 years after emergency iliac artery percutaneous revascularizationDaniele Iaccarino
Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory and Department of Vascular Surgery, Policlinico Hospital, University of Modena and Reggio Emilia, Modena, Italy
J Cardiovasc Med (Hagerstown) 12:663-5. 2011..An angiographic control showed a critical in-stent restenosis at the level of a misplaced stent. Thus the patient was submitted to surgical exploration and stent removal...
- Case report: meralgia paresthetica in a baseball pitcherKenichi Otoshi
Keiyu Orthopaedic Hospital, Tatebayashi City, Gunma, Japan
Clin Orthop Relat Res 466:2268-70. 2008....
- [Neurological complications in uremia]Chin Shih Fong
Department of Neurology, Buddhist Dalin Tzu Chi General Hospital, Chia Yi, Taiwan
Acta Neurol Taiwan 17:117-26. 2008..Renal transplantation can give rise to rejection encephalopathy and acute femoral neuropathy. The use of immunosuppressive drugs after renal transplantation can cause reversible posterior ..
- [Bilateral femoral neuropathy after prostatectomy. Case report and bibliographic review]Alberto Hernández Castrillo
Servicio de Urologia, Hospital Comorcal de Laredo, Cantabria, Espana
Arch Esp Urol 61:929-32. 2008To report one case of postoperative lateral femoral neuropathy presenting after a retropubic radical prostatectomy. We review the topic.
- [Reconstruction of quadriceps femoris muscle function with muscle transfer]H Fansa
Klinik für Plastische, Wiederherstellungs und Asthetische Chirurgie, Handchirurgie, Klinikum Mitte, Bielefeld
Handchir Mikrochir Plast Chir 42:233-8. 2010..The latter results as typical complication in polio from weakening knee flexion through biceps femoris transfer, if the gastrocnemius muscle is not forceful enough. However in an isolated femoral nerve lesion this will rarely occur...
- Neurologic injuries after total hip arthroplastyGabriel D Brown
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, New York Orthopaedic Hospital, Columbia University Medical Center, New York, NY 10032, USA
Am J Orthop (Belle Mead NJ) 37:191-7. 2008..However, no single risk factor has been consistently reported to be significant, and many patients with no known risk factors incur neurologic injuries...
- Visceral and soft-tissue tumors: radiofrequency and alcohol ablation for pain relief--initial experienceRashmi T Nair
Department of Radiology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Mass, USA
Radiology 248:1067-76. 2008....
- Lateral femoral cutaneous nerve impairment after direct anterior approach for total hip arthroplastyTarun Bhargava
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, The Johns Hopkins University at Good Samaritan Hospital, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Orthopedics 33:472. 2010..Incision position, dissection plane, retractor placement, tension and soft tissue handling, and surgeon experience may affect incidence of injury to the lateral femoral cutaneous nerve...
- Lesion of the femoral nerve caused by a hydatid cyst of the right psoas muscleDragoljub Bilanovic
Department of Surgery, Medical Centre Bezanijska Kosa, Belgrade, Serbia
Srp Arh Celok Lek 138:502-5. 2010..All organs in the human body may be affected by hydatid disease, but excluding liver and lungs, all other organs are considered as uncommon locations. Hydatid disease located in the psoas muscle is uncommon...
- Contralateral femoral nerve compression: An unrecognized complication after extreme lateral interbody fusion (XLIF)Ioannis D Papanastassiou
H Lee Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute, NeuroOncology Program, University of South Florida College of Medicine, 12902 Magnolia Drive, Tampa, Florida 33647, USA
J Clin Neurosci 18:149-51. 2011..Attention is needed especially where the interbody cage is placed posteriorly or diagonally towards the neuralforamen...
- High-resolution 3-T MR neurography of femoral neuropathyAvneesh Chhabra
The Russell H Morgan Department of Radiology and Radiological Science, Johns Hopkins Hospital, 601 N Caroline St, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
AJR Am J Roentgenol 198:3-10. 2012..High-resolution 3-T MR neurography (MRN) is being increasingly used for peripheral nerve evaluation because it complements information gained from electrodiagnostic testing...
- Femoral neuropathy in a patient with rheumatoid arthritisHakan Genc
2nd Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Ministry of Health, Ankara Education and Research Hospital, Ulucanlar Caddesi, 06340 Cebeci, Ankara, Turkey
Yonsei Med J 48:891-3. 2007..Patellar tendon reflex was absent in the right side. A diagnosis of a partial right femoral neuropathy was confirmed using nerve conduction study and electromyography...
- Femoral nerve injury complicating continuous psoas compartment blockBassam Al-Nasser
Department of Anesthesia and Intensive Care, Clinique du Parc Saint Lazare, Beauvais, France
Reg Anesth Pain Med 29:361-3. 2004..To date, this is the first report of severe femoral nerve injury after PCB...
- Incidence rates and determinants in meralgia paresthetica in general practiceA M van Slobbe
Erasmus Medical Centre, Dept of General Practice, Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, 3000 DR Rotterdam, The Netherlands
J Neurol 251:294-7. 2004..More research on determinants is needed. Because MP occurs in every GP practice at least once a year more studies are needed on prognosis and treatment...
- [Therapeutic approach to paresthetic meralgia]M Ferrandiz
Rev Esp Anestesiol Reanim 50:431-2. 2003
- Schwannoma of the psoas major muscle presenting with abdominal and back painAmit J Dwivedi
Department of Surgery, North Oakland Medical Centers, Wayne State University, Pontiac, Michigan 48341, USA
Dig Dis Sci 48:1619-21. 2003
- Psoas haematoma and femoral neuropathy associated with enoxaparin therapyK J Ho
Department of Urology, Craigavon Hospital, Portadown, Co Armagh
Int J Clin Pract 57:553-4. 2003Haemorrhage into the iliopsoas muscle causing femoral neuropathy is an infrequent complication of haemophilia or anticoagulant therapy. The association of an iliopsoas haematoma with enoxaparin therapy is very rare...
- [Sequelae of tick-born encephalitis in cases treated in the infection observatory ward of Regional Hospital in Gizycko]Maciej Adamski
Przegl Epidemiol 57:271-4. 2003..The paper reveals the description of the sequels of tick-born encephalitis among patients treated in Infectious Observatory Ward of Country Hospital in Gizycko during 2000-2002...
- Acute femoral neuropathy secondary to an iliacus muscle hematomaM Seijo-Martinez
Neurology Service, Complexo Hospitalario de Pontevedra, Loureiro Crespo s n, Pontevedra 36 001, Spain
J Neurol Sci 209:119-22. 2003..iliacus muscle hematoma, appearing immediately after a minor physical maneuver, presenting with pain and femoral neuropathy initially evidenced by massive quadriceps muscle fasciculations...
- [Extensive multinodular schwannoma of femoral nerve]Klaus Heinrich Bründel
Facharzt für Allgemeinmedizin, Gütersloh, Germany
Med Klin (Munich) 97:687-91. 2002..A tissue biopsy with histological reviewing led to the diagnosis of a benign schwannoma. The following operation and clinical course went without major complications...
- Transient femoral nerve palsy following ilio-inguinal nerve blockade for day case inguinal hernia repairK R Ghani
Department of Surgery, Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh
J R Coll Surg Edinb 47:626-9. 2002..As inguinal hernia repair undertaken as a day case procedure increases, the awareness of this complication is important to avoid morbidity..
- A case report of myositis ossificans progressiva complicated by femoral nerve compression treated with radiotherapyM Druce
Rheumatology (Oxford) 41:947-8. 2002
- Lumbosacral plexopathy from iliopsoas haematoma after combined general-epidural anaesthesia for abdominal aneurysmectomyE T Crosby
Department of Anaesthesia, University of Ottawa, Ottawa General Hospital
Can J Anaesth 45:46-51. 1998..To report a case of iliopsoas haematoma after resection of an abdominal aortic aneurysm which resulted in a lumbosacral plexopathy...
- Femoral neuropathy caused by reinforcement ring malposition and extruded bone-cement after revision total hip arthroplastyYoshitaka Tani
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Miyawaki Hospital, Shiga, Japan
J Arthroplasty 17:516-8. 2002b>Femoral neuropathy occurred after revision total hip arthroplasty as a result of pressure from the reinforcement ring and extruded bone-cement (polymethyl methacrylate)...
- [Femoral neuropathy after transversal suspubic laparotomies. Etiopathological explanation on the basis of an anatomical study]J Raiga
, , 1, , BP 426, 67091 Strasbourg Cedex
J Gynecol Obstet Biol Reprod (Paris) 31:183-6. 2002OBJECTIVES: Based on a case of transient troncular femoral neuropathy after the surgical treatment of a genital prolapse in a 46-year-old woman, a study was designed to better understand the mechanism of this postoperative complication...
- Retroperitoneal haematoma after paracetamol increased anticoagulationF J Andrews
Accident and Emergency Department, St James s University Hospital, Leeds, UK
Emerg Med J 19:84-5. 2002..haemorrhage is a serious and well described complication in patients who develop increased anticoagulation; this may result in a femoral neuropathy. Both conservative and surgical treatments have been advocated for this complication.
- [Is the epidural analgesia to blame when it comes to neurological complications following labor?]V Dahl
Anestesiavdelingen, Baerum sykehus, 1306 Baerum postterminal
Tidsskr Nor Laegeforen 121:1587-90. 2001..One of every four parturient in Norway receives epidural analgesia during labour. Even though epidural analgesia is considered very safe, there is a tendency to blame the epidural whenever there are neurological complications after labour...
- Isolated medial femoral cutaneous neuropathyY L Lo
Muscle Nerve 30:812-3. 2004
- [Neurological complication after total hip replacement]Andrzej Gusta
Katedra i Klinika Ortopedii i Traumatologii, Pomorska Akademia Medyczna w Szczecinie
Chir Narzadow Ruchu Ortop Pol 69:185-7. 2004..Lesion of femoral nerve happened twice. In the group of 14 patients clinical symptoms of nerve paresis healed spontaneously in 6-12 month time. In the group of 4 patients (0.7%) constant lost of dorsal flexion of the foot was observed...
- NEUROPHYSIOLOGICAL AND PSYCHOPHYSICAL STUDIES OF PAINJames Campbell; Fiscal Year: 1999....
- NEUROPHYSIOLOGICAL AND PSYCHOPHYSICAL STUDIES IN PAINJames Campbell; Fiscal Year: 2004..This hypothesis driven research interrelates basic and clinical research in a mater that has excellent potential for promoting the understanding and treatment of pain. ..
- Role of Endogenous Opioid System in the Placebo EffectJames Campbell; Fiscal Year: 2006..3) Identify relationships between the magnitude of the placebo response and regional mu opioid receptor availability in a non-painful condition. ..
- MECHANISMS OF NEUROPATHIC PAINJames Campbell; Fiscal Year: 2007..These studies will provide a biological rationale for the development of peripheral treatments for neuropathic pain. ..
- NEUROPHYSIOLOGICAL AND PSYCHOPHYSICAL STUDIES OF PAINJames Campbell; Fiscal Year: 1980....
- NEUROPHYSIOLOGICAL AND PSYCHOPHYSICAL STUDIES OF PAINJames Campbell; Fiscal Year: 1993....