Genomes and Genes
Summary: A group of disorders characterized by physical symptoms that are affected by emotional factors and involve a single organ system, usually under AUTONOMIC NERVOUS SYSTEM control. (American Psychiatric Glossary, 1988)
Publications232 found, 100 shown here
- Psychological evaluation after cardiac transplantation: the integration of different criteriaS Grandi
Department of Psychology, University of Bologna, Italy
Psychother Psychosom 70:176-83. 2001..The aim of this study was to compare these new criteria (Diagnostic Criteria for Psychosomatic Research, DCPR) with DSM-IV in a population where a high prevalence of psychological problems is expected (heart-transplanted patients)...
- Type D personality and chronic pain: construct and concurrent validity of the DS14Michael D Barnett
Department of Educational Psychology, University of Houston, Houston, TX, USA
J Clin Psychol Med Settings 16:194-9. 2009..Considerations for clinical practice and research are discussed...
- Psychological factors affecting medical condition: a new proposal for DSM-VGiovanni A Fava
Department of Psychology, University of Bologna, Viale Berti Pichat 5, 40127 Bologna, Italy
Psychosomatics 48:103-11. 2007..This new classification is supported by a growing body of research evidence and is in line with psychosomatic medicine as a recognized subspecialty...
- Criteria for psychosomatic research (DCPR) in the medical settingPiero Porcelli
Psychosomatic Unit, IRCCS De Bellis Hospital, Via Turi 27, 70010 Castellana Grotte, Bari, Italy
Curr Psychiatry Rep 12:246-54. 2010..The implications for classification purposes (DSM-V) are also discussed...
- Psychogenic movement disordersAmitabh Gupta
Toronto Western Hospital, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Curr Opin Neurol 22:430-6. 2009..This review summarizes the progress made in the area of psychogenic movement disorders (PMDs) over the past 2 years, and a simplified classification of diagnostic certainty is proposed that incorporates electrophysiological assessment...
- Psychological assessment in cardiac rehabilitationChiara Rafanelli
Department of Psychology, University of Bologna, Bologna, Italy
Psychother Psychosom 72:343-9. 2003..While there has been an upsurge of interest in the psychiatric correlates of myocardial infarction, little is known about the presence of psychological distress in the setting of cardiac rehabilitation...
- Diagnosis and measurement of subjective incompetence: the clinical hallmark of demoralizationCheryl A Cockram
James A Haley Veterans Hospital, and University of South Florida, Tampa, FL, USA
Psychother Psychosom 78:342-5. 2009..This article presents the development and application of a method to diagnose and measure subjective incompetence, the clinical hallmark of demoralization...
- Social capital in relation to depression, musculoskeletal pain, and psychosomatic symptoms: a cross-sectional study of a large population-based cohort of Swedish adolescentsCecilia Aslund
Centre for Clinical Research, Uppsala University, Central Hospital of Västerås, S 72189 Västerås, Sweden
BMC Public Health 10:715. 2010..The present study investigated whether two measures of subjective social capital were related to psychosomatic symptoms, musculoskeletal pain, and depression in a large population of Swedish adolescents...
- Reviewing the effort-reward imbalance model: drawing up the balance of 45 empirical studiesNatasja van Vegchel
Department of Social and Organizational Psychology, Utrecht University, P O Box 80 140, 3508 TC Utrecht, The Netherlands
Soc Sci Med 60:1117-31. 2005..Based on these review results suggestions for future research are proposed...
- Systematic review of the comorbidity of irritable bowel syndrome with other disorders: what are the causes and implications?William E Whitehead
Division of Digestive Diseases and Center for Functional Gastrointestinal and Motility Disorders, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599, USA
Gastroenterology 122:1140-56. 2002..The aims of this study were to (1) assess comorbidity in 3 areas: gastrointestinal disorders, psychiatric disorders, and nongastrointestinal somatic disorders; and (2) evaluate explanatory hypotheses...
- Psychosocial functioning in consultation-liaison psychiatry patients: influence of psychosomatic syndromes, psychopathology and somatizationPiero Porcelli
Psychosomatic Unit, IRCCS De Bellis Hospital, Via Turi, Castellana Grotte IT 70010, Italy
Psychother Psychosom 78:352-8. 2009..This study investigated whether the Diagnostic Criteria for Psychosomatic Research (DCPR) were able to predict psychosocial functioning in addition to psychiatric diagnoses and somatization in consultation-liaison psychiatry (CLP) patients...
- Assessment of psychological distress in the setting of medical diseaseG A Fava
Department of Psychology, University of Bologna, Bologna, Italy
Psychother Psychosom 70:171-5. 2001..Preliminary results obtained with the combination of DSM and DCPR criteria appear to be promising...
- The spectrum of anxiety disorders in the medically illGiovanni A Fava
Department of Psychology, University of Bologna, Viale Berti Pichat 5, Bologna, Italy
J Clin Psychiatry 71:910-4. 2010..The purpose of this cross-sectional study was to assess the prevalence and characteristics of anxiety disorders in the medically ill...
- Psychological factors affecting eating disordersSecondo Fassino
Universita degli Studi di Torino, Eating Disorders Centre Molinette Hospital, Torino, Italy
Adv Psychosom Med 28:141-68. 2007....
- Psychosomatic assessment of skin diseases in clinical practiceAngelo Picardi
Dermatological Institute IDI IRCCS, Rome, Italy
Psychother Psychosom 74:315-22. 2005....
- Interrater reliability, prevalence, and relation to ICD-10 diagnoses of the Diagnostic Criteria for Psychosomatic Research in consultation-liaison psychiatry patientsGian Maria Galeazzi
Consultation Liaison Psychiatry Service, Department of Neuroscience TCR, Section of Psychiatry, University of Modena and Reggio Emilia, Modena, Italy
Psychosomatics 45:386-93. 2004..DCPR criteria appear to be a useful, reliable, and promising approach in the assessment and description of psychological distress in medical patients. They may serve as a focus of intervention studies in this population...
- Subtyping depression in the medically ill by cluster analysisJenny Guidi
Laboratory of Psychosomatics and Clinimetrics, Department of Psychology, University of Bologna, Bologna, Italy
J Affect Disord 132:383-8. 2011..The aim of this investigation was to use both DSM-IV comorbidity and the Diagnostic Criteria for Psychosomatic Research (DCPR) for characterizing depression in the medically ill...
- Use of the Diagnostic Criteria for Psychosomatic Research (DCPR) in a community sampleLara Mangelli
Department of Psychology, University of Bologna, Bologna, Italy
Psychosomatics 47:143-6. 2006..Other syndromes (demoralization, persistent somatization) that have been frequently found in medically ill persons were uncommon in this general-population sample...
- Health psychology: what is an unhealthy environment and how does it get under the skin?S E Taylor
Department of Psychology, University of California, Los Angeles 90095 1563, USA
Annu Rev Psychol 48:411-47. 1997..A healthy environment, in contrast, provides safety, opportunities for social integration, and the ability to predict and/or control aspects of that environment...
- Psychological factors associated with self-reported sensitivity to mobile phonesG James Rubin
King s College London, Institute of Psychiatry, London, United Kingdom
J Psychosom Res 64:1-9; discussion 11-2. 2008..Research suggests that electromagnetic fields do not trigger these symptoms. In this study, we examined the differences between these two "sensitive" groups and healthy controls...
- Subjective health complaints in adolescence. A cross-national comparison of prevalence and dimensionalityS Haugland
Research Center for Health Promotion, University of Bergen, Bergen, Norway
Eur J Public Health 11:4-10. 2001..The purpose of this work was to study the prevalence and dimensionality of subjective health complaints in a cross-national population of adolescents...
- Neural substrates of implicit and explicit emotional processes: a unifying framework for psychosomatic medicineRichard D Lane
Department of Psychiatry, University of Arizona, 1501 N Campbell Ave, Tucson, AZ 85724 5002, USA
Psychosom Med 70:214-31. 2008..The implications of this psychobiological model for research in psychosomatic medicine are discussed...
- New environmental illnesses: what are their characteristics?Peter Henningsen
Psychother Psychosom 72:231-4. 2003
- Accelerometry to distinguish psychogenic from essential or parkinsonian tremorK E Zeuner
Human Motor Control Section, Medical Neurology Branch, National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke, Bethesda, MD 20892 1428, USA
Neurology 61:548-50. 2003..Psychogenic tremors showed larger tremor frequency changes and higher intraindividual variability while tapping. Accelerometry may differentiate psychogenic from essential and parkinsonian tremor...
- Two different pathogenetic mechanisms in psychogenic tremorJ Raethjen
Department of Neurology, University of Kiel, Germany
Neurology 63:812-5. 2004..But some patients have tremor ongoing during their waking time which is unlikely to be produced voluntarily. Therefore, nonvoluntary physiologic oscillatory mechanisms must be considered...
- Differences in health complaints among university students from three European countriesC Stock
School of Public Health, University of Bielefeld, Germany
Prev Med 37:535-43. 2003..The purpose of this research was to assess the prevalence of somatic and psychosomatic health complaints in a cross-national population of university students and to study risk factors associated with health complaints...
- Detecting panic disorder in medical and psychosomatic outpatients: comparative validation of the Hospital Anxiety and Depression Scale, the Patient Health Questionnaire, a screening question, and physicians' diagnosisBernd Löwe
Department of General Internal and Psychosomatic Medicine, University of Heidelberg, Medical Hospital, Bergheimer Strasse 58, D 69115, Heidelberg, Germany
J Psychosom Res 55:515-9. 2003..Additionally, patient and physician acceptability of the screening questionnaires was investigated...
- Psychoneuroimmunology and psychosomatic medicine: back to the futureJanice K Kiecolt-Glaser
Department of Psychiatry, Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Psychosom Med 64:15-28. 2002..This article speculates on future directions for psychoneuroimmunology research, after reviewing the history of the field...
- Neuroimmunologic influences in neuropsychiatric and psychophysiologic disordersG Fricchione
Department of Psychiatry, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Acta Pharmacol Sin 22:577-87. 2001..This may provide new strategies for pharmacologic anti inflammatory treatments. The monocyte /macrophage, which crosses the blood brain barrier is an essential candidate cell in the study of psychoneuroimmunology...
- Sensitivity to electricity--temporal changes in AustriaJoerg Schröttner
Institute of Health Care Engineering, Graz University of Technology, Graz, Austria
BMC Public Health 8:310. 2008..The discussion whether electromagnetic fields (EMF) could cause such adverse health effects is still ongoing...
- Psychogenic propriospinal myoclonusDavid R Williams
Faculty of Medicine Neurosciences, Monash University, Alfred Hospital Campus, Melbourne, Australia
Mov Disord 23:1312-3. 2008..Spontaneous remissions and disappearance of the jerks, sustained for 2 years, following removal of superficial surgical screws support the diagnosis of a psychogenic movement disorder...
- The role of psychosocial factors in predicting the onset of chronic widespread pain: results from a prospective population-based studyA Gupta
Arthritis Research Campaign Epidemiology Unit, School of Epidemiology and Health Sciences, Stopford Building, University of Manchester, Oxford Road, Manchester, M13 9PT, UK
Rheumatology (Oxford) 46:666-71. 2007..The aim of this study was to determine the contribution of measures of psychosocial distress, health-seeking behaviour, sleep problems and traumatic life events to the development of new cases of CWP in the community...
- Health outcomes and cognitive aspects of recalled negative life eventsP Suedfeld
University of British Columbia, Department of Psychology, Vancouver, Canada
Psychosom Med 59:172-7. 1997..This study explored whether the recall of very unpleasant memories would occur at a different level of complexity from that of neutral memories, and whether differences in complexity would be related to health outcomes...
- A systematic review of posture and psychosocial factors as contributors to upper quadrant musculoskeletal pain in children and adolescentsYolandi Prins
Physiother Theory Pract 24:221-42. 2008..This review concludes that the duration of sitting posture and psychosocial factors may influence the experience of musculoskeletal pain among children and adolescents...
- Medically unexplained physical symptoms in the aftermath of disastersBellis van den Berg
National Institute for Public Health and the Environment, Bilthoven, The Netherlands
Epidemiol Rev 27:92-106. 2005
- Health in young people: social inhibition and negative affect and their relationship with self-reported somatic complaintsFrancine C Jellesma
Department of Developmental Psychology, Leiden University Institute for Psychological Research, 2300 RB Leiden, The Netherlands
J Dev Behav Pediatr 29:94-100. 2008..It was investigated whether the combination of negative affect and social inhibition (personality Type D) is positively associated with somatic complaints in pre- and early adolescents. Moreover, an analysis of stability was made...
- Cultural models and somatic syndromesLaurence J Kirmayer
Institute of Community and Family Psychiatry, Sir Mortimer B Davis Jewish General Hospital, 4333 Cote Ste Catherine Rd, Montreal, Quebec H3T 1E4, Canada
Psychosom Med 69:832-40. 2007..To review the relevance of cultural models in the generation and amplification of somatic symptoms and syndromes...
- Psychosomatic assessmentGiovanni A Fava
Department of Psychology, University of Bologna, Viale Berti Pichat 5, Bologna IT 40127, Italy
Psychother Psychosom 78:333-41. 2009..Endorsement of the psychosomatic perspective may better clarify the pathophysiological links and mechanisms underlying symptom presentation. Pointing to individually targeted methods may improve final outcomes and quality of life...
- Prevalence of psychiatric disorders in physically ill patientsVolker Arolt
Department of Psychiatry, University of Munster, Munster, Germany
Adv Psychosom Med 26:31-51. 2004
- [Ulcerative colitis. Psychosomatics]G Moser
Medizinische Universität Wien, Universitatsklinik fur Innere Medizin IV, Wien, Austria
Z Gastroenterol 42:1029-30. 2004
- [Psychological disorders and environmental pollution]A Schauer
Kreisgesundheitsamt Marburg-Biedenkopf, Sozialpsychiatrischer Dienst, Marburg
Gesundheitswesen 63:79-84. 2001....
- Are sleep and its disorders of interest for psychiatric and psychosomatic medicine?Jürgen Staedt
Department of Psychiatry, Vivantes Klinikum, Berlin Spandau, Germany
Adv Psychosom Med 26:171-6. 2004
- Depression in medical patientsVolker Arolt
Department of Psychiatry, University of Munster, Munster, Germany
Adv Psychosom Med 26:98-117. 2004
- [School principals--too ill for healthy schools?]A Weber
Consulting Assessment Evaluation, Erlangen
Versicherungsmedizin 56:17-24. 2004..The aim of our study was therefore, using objective parameters and larger numbers of cases, to obtain a differentiated insight into the type and extent of morbidity spectrum and the health-related early retirement of school principals...
- Screening instruments for general hospital and primary care patientsJ Wincata
Department of Psychiatry, University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Adv Psychosom Med 26:74-97. 2004
- [The psychosomatics of chronic back pain. Classification, aetiology and therapy]P Henningsen
Psychosomatische Klinik der Universität Heidelberg
Orthopade 33:558-67. 2004..A modified psychotherapy for (somatoform) chronic pain is outlined. Finally, this aetiologically oriented psychosomatic-psychiatric approach is compared to psychological coping models for chronic pain...
- [Psychological and psychiatric aspects of nocturnal enuresis and functional urinary incontinence]A von Gontard
Klinik fur Kinder und Jugendpsychiatrie und psychotherapie, Universitatsklinikum des Saarlandes, Homburg Saar
Urologe A 43:787-94. 2004..In addition, subclinical emotional and behavioral symptoms are common. These will often recede upon attaining dryness and self-esteem can increase. General screening for psychological symptoms and disturbances is recommended...
- Group psychoeducation as treatment for psychological nonepileptic seizuresCharles M Zaroff
New York University Comprehensive Epilepsy Center, 403 East 34th Street, 4th Floor, New York, NY 10016, USA
Epilepsy Behav 5:587-92. 2004..Psychoeducation may be an effective method of treating PNES and may improve coping strategies and reduce PNES-associated psychopathology in some patients. Additional controlled studies on larger samples are needed...
- Motor conversion disorders reviewed from a neuropsychiatric perspectiveMaxwell M Krem
Department of Internal Medicine, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 65:783-90. 2004....
- Mental disorders in primary careMichael Linden
Research Group Psychosomatic Rehabilitation, Charite, Department of Behavioral Medicine, Rehabilitation Centre Seehof, Teltow Berlin, Germany
Adv Psychosom Med 26:52-65. 2004
- [Symptoms without findings]P Grob
FMH Innere Medizin, FMH Psychiatrie Psychotherapie, Psychosomatik APPM, Luzern
Praxis (Bern 1994) 93:1107-12. 2004
- [Job and family: men are more susceptible to the double load than women. Mediaedge:cia analyzes management of stress-induced disorders]Michaela Hansen
Kinderkrankenschwester 26:511. 2007
- [Inpatient psychosomatic rehabilitation for Turkish migrants: what can be realized, what are the effects?]C Schmeling-Kludas
Klinik fur Psychosomatische Medizin und Psychotherapie, Segeberger Kliniken GmbH, Bad Segeberg
Rehabilitation (Stuttg) 42:363-70. 2003..The very poor results in social-medical respects found in the study have with increasing experience been considerably improved in the meantime...
- The association of the reporting of somatic symptoms with job stress and active coping among Japanese white-collar workersKyoko Nomura
Department of Hygiene and Public Health, Teikyo University School of Medicine, Japan
J Occup Health 49:370-5. 2007..Reporting somatic symptoms may be a simple indicator of job stress, and active coping could be used to alleviate somatization induced by job stress...
- Somatic presentations of mental disorders: refining the research agenda for DSM-VDarrel A Regier
American Psychiatric Institute for Research and Education, American Psychiatric Association, Arlington, Virginia, USA
Psychosom Med 69:827-8. 2007
- Psychopharmacological treatment of dermatological patients--when simply talking does not helpWolfgang Harth
Clinic for Dermatology and Phlebology, Vivantes Clinic, Berlin Friedrichshain, Academic Teaching Hospital Charité Universitätsmedizin Berlin, Berlin, Germany
J Dtsch Dermatol Ges 5:1101-6. 2007..Good results can be achieved in dermatologic patients requiring psychopharmaceuticals if the indications are carefully assessed and the therapy logically structured...
- Are treatments for common mental disorders also effective for functional symptoms and disorder?Richard Mayou
Department of Psychiatry, Oxford University, Oxford, UK
Psychosom Med 69:876-80. 2007..The paper discusses the need for well-organized care that emphasizes early treatment and recognition of more complex problems in primary and secondary medical care...
- [The complex regional pain syndrome (CRPS) as differentiation from psychogenic disturbances]E Wehking
Aus der Abteilung Neurologie der Klinik am Rosengarten, Bad Oeynhausen
Versicherungsmedizin 59:16-9. 2007..The differential diagnosis may turn out to be difficult and in individual cases will require the use of the entire available technical diagnostics equipment and the involvement of psychological expert opinions...
- Treatment issues in psychogenic-neuropsychiatric movement disordersDaniel T Williams
Department of Psychiatry, Columbia University, New York, New York, USA
Adv Neurol 96:350-63. 2005....
- [Pre- and post-treatment in inpatient psychosomatic rehabilitation]C Klose
Forschungsgruppe Psychosomatische Rehabilitation an der Charité Berlin, und dem Rehabilitationszentrum Seehof der Deutschen Rentenversicherung Bund, Teltow bei Berlin
Rehabilitation (Stuttg) 45:359-68. 2006..These data show the need to integrate inpatient rehabilitation in long-term pre- and post-treatment. One effect of inpatient rehabilitation is to optimize treatment. This requires good communication across different areas of health care...
- [Fibromyalgia: a disease of psychic trauma?]Wissam El-Hage
Clinique Psychiatrique Universitaire, CHRU, Tours
Presse Med 35:1683-9. 2006..Multidisciplinary outpatient management is necessary in these complex cases, which require simultaneous medical and psychiatric referrals...
- [Contentious diseases--a medico-social phenomenon from an insurance medicine perspective]A Regenauer
Kompetenzzentrum Medical Research and Underwriting, Münchener Rückversicherunga Gesellschaft
Versicherungsmedizin 60:3-7. 2008..In particular, it is intended to deepen insurers' understanding of the risks arising from social change. The article also examines the disorder prevalence in Western societies and the possible causes of the significant increase...
- Explanatory and pragmatic perspectives regarding idiopathic physical symptoms and related syndromesCharles C Engel
Department of Psychiatry, F Edward Hebert School of Medicine of Uniformed Services University of Health Sciences, Bethesda, MD 20814 4799, USA
CNS Spectr 11:225-32. 2006....
- Autonomic activity, pain, and perceived health in patients on sick leave due to stress-related illnessesMarina Heiden
Centre for Musculoskeletal Research, University of Gavle, Umea, Sweden
Integr Physiol Behav Sci 40:3-16. 2005..The aim of the present study was to compare autonomic activity, pressure-pain thresholds, and subjective assessments of health and behavior between patients with stress-related illnesses and healthy control subjects...
- The clinical domains of psychosomatic medicineGiovanni A Fava
Department of Psychology, University of Bologna, Bologna, Italy
J Clin Psychiatry 66:849-58. 2005..The psychosomatic evidence that has consolidated over the past decades provides the ideal background for dealing with the new needs that emerge in current medical practice...
- Functional symptoms in neurology: managementJ Stone
Department of Clinical Neurosciences, Western General Hospital, Crewe Road, Edinburgh EH4 2XU, UK
J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 76:i13-21. 2005
- [Psychological stress in patients with environmentally-induced disorders. A comparison between self concept and expert assessment]S Brand
Psychiatrische Universitatsklinik, Basel, Schweiz
Nervenarzt 76:36-42. 2005..In the case of incongruent concepts, the expert evaluations allow a more accurate assessment of the psychiatric diagnoses, psychic states and the psychic attribution of somatic and psychic burden...
- [A dimensional diagnostic approach using the "Assessment of DSM-IV Personality Disorders (ADP-IV)" Questionnaire]Daniela Renn
Klinik für Medizinische Psychologie und Psychotherapie, Medizinische Universitat Innsbruck
Z Psychosom Med Psychother 54:214-26. 2008..This study investigates the validity of the dimensional assessment of personality disorders...
- [Unit for psychotherapy at the clinic for psychiatry and psychotherapy Bayreuth]Manfred Wolfersdorf
Psychiatr Prax 31:S85-7. 2004....
- [Influence of psychiatric and psychosomatic disorders on quality of life]Bettina Piko
Szegedi Tudomanyegyetem, Általános Orvostudományi Kar, Pszichiátriai Klinika Magatartástudományi Csoportja, Szeged
Orv Hetil 148:1657-66. 2007....
- [A concept for the psychosomatic clinic in Bad Aussee]W Rother
Inntalklinik Simbach, Jakob Weindlerstrasse 1, D 83559 Simbach, Deutschland
Wien Med Wochenschr 152:516-20. 2002..With this new hospital we strive for a psychosomatic department that is adequately equipped and adequately large to offer indication-specific treatment programmes for a broad range of psychosomatic disorders...
- Relationships between physical findings (GPE-78) and psychological profiles (MMPI-2) in patients with long-lasting musculoskeletal painA Kvale
Section of Physiotherapy Science, Faculty of Medicine, University of Bergen, Ulriksdal 8c, NO 5009 Bergen, Norway
Nord J Psychiatry 55:177-84. 2001..Patients with generalized pain had significantly more physical and psychological aberrations than patients with more localized pain...
- Can a prosthesis cause psychological disturbances?R Branchi
School of Dental Medicine, Careggi Hospital, University of Florence, Florence, Italy
J Oral Rehabil 28:1133-8. 2001..It is then right that we ask ourselves the following: if the prosthesis were to be very complicated (implants, dentures), what would happen to the patient from a psychological standpoint?..
- Burning mouth syndrome: experiences from the perspective of female patientsMagnus Hakeberg
Department of Endodontology Oral Diagnosis, Faculty of Odontology, Goteborg University, Sweden
Eur J Oral Sci 111:305-11. 2003..If a psychological disorder and somatization of anxiety and depression is suggested, as indicated in our study, the patient should be offered counseling by a psychologist...
- A new approach to assess illness behaviourWinfried Rief
Roseneck Centre for Behavioural Medicine, Prien, Germany
J Psychosom Res 54:405-14. 2003..The aim of this study was to develop a scale to assess the different aspects of illness behaviour and to evaluate the measure in depressive and somatising patients...
- Psychiatric comorbidity and hostility in patients with psychogenic nonepileptic seizures compared with somatoform disorders and healthy controlsKjell Mokleby
Department of Psychosomatic and Behavioral Medicine, Rikshospitalet, University of Oslo, Oslo, Norway
Epilepsia 43:193-8. 2002..To investigate the prevalence of psychiatric comorbidity and level of anxiety, depression, and aggression in patients with psychogenic nonepileptic seizures compared with those in patients with somatoform disorders and healthy controls...
- [Beware of the predestined understanding]Bengt Annebäck
Hälsonätet Psykosomatiskt Centrum AB, Stockholm
Lakartidningen 99:3629; discussion 3630. 2002
- [Hypnosis in medical psychotherapy practice]Hansjörg Ebell
Wien Med Wochenschr 153:174-7. 2003....
- [Irritable bowel syndrome--a multifactorial disease in children and adults]Svein Blomhoff
Psykosomatisk avdeling, Rikshospitalet 0027 Oslo
Tidsskr Nor Laegeforen 122:1213-7. 2002..A good therapeutic relationship between the physician and the patient is an important element in the treatment approach...
- [Conditions and strategies for the development of guidelines for the rehabilitation of patients with psychiatric and psychosomatic disorders]U Koch
Arbeitsgruppe Psychotherapie und Versorgungsforschung, Institut und Poliklinik für Medizinische Psychologie, Zentrum für Psychosoziale Medizin des Universitätsklinikum Hamburg Eppendorf, Hamburg
Rehabilitation (Stuttg) 42:118-23. 2003..Given this situation, the authors propose a strategy with 5 stages to the development of guidelines for this target group...
- Need and use of psychotherapeutic interventions within a psychosomatic liaison service in neurologyK Fritzsche
Department of Psychosomatics and Psychotherapeutic Medicine, University Hospital of Freiburg, Hauptstrasse 8, D 79104 Freiburg, Germany
Acta Neurol Scand 107:285-92. 2003..The study addresses the evaluation of psychosocial distress, the need for care as determined by a psychotherapist and patients, and the realization of psychotherapeutic interventions within a routine psychosomatic liaison service...
- [General significance and quality standards in psychosomatic care]G Schussler
Universitätsklinik für Medizinische Psychologie und Psychotherapie, Sonnenburgstrasse 9 1, A 6020 Innsbruck
Wien Med Wochenschr 152:495-9. 2002..Two important examples of psychosomatic care are described: somatoform and cardiovascular disorders. Quality assurance is necessary. There are data concerning the efficacy and the cost-benefit relation...
- [Somatization disorders of the urogenital tract]E A Günthert
Urologe A 41:602-10. 2002..Diagnostic and therapeutic procedures as well as the pathophysiology of somatization disorders due to muscular tension are illustrated by two detailed case-reports...
- [Documentation and treatment of mental impairment in somato-medical rehabilitation]H Irle
Bundesversicherungsanstalt für Angestellte, Fachbereich Medizin, Berlin
Rehabilitation (Stuttg) 41:382-8. 2002..The frequency of treatments varies between hospitals. The differences in treatment are attributed rather to a varying quality of implementation of the bio-psycho-social concept than to a lack of human resources...
- [Epidemiology and management of psychosomatic patients in Austria]Elisabeth Jandl-Jager
Universitätsklinik für Tiefenpsychologie und Psychotherapie, Universitat Wien, Wahringer Gurtel 18 20, A 1090 Wien
Wien Med Wochenschr 152:500-2. 2002..The provision of in-patient treatment is at present well below of what is considered necessary by the ministry of social affairs. From these data a serious lack of provision of care for psychosomatic patients in Austria can be deduced...
- [Psychosocial distress and symptoms of single mothers and their children in a large community sample]Matthias Franz
Klinisches Institut für Psychosomatische Medizin und Psychotherapie der Heinrich Heine Universität Düsseldorf, Moorenstr 5, 40225 Dusseldorf
Z Psychosom Med Psychother 49:115-38. 2003..This study was performed to make up for the lack of epidemiologic investigations on this issue in Germany...
- The Cornell Psychiatric Screen: a brief psychiatric scale for hospitalized medical patientsCarla Boutin-Foster
Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York, NY 10021, USA
Psychosomatics 44:382-7. 2003..On the basis of preliminary validation, the Cornell Psychiatric Screen appears to be a useful tool for identifying patients who require a psychiatric evaluation...
- [Causal attribution and personality in psychotherapy patients]H Faller
Z Psychosom Med Psychother 47:234-49. 2001..The reported interrelations suggest that psychological symptoms, personality and causal atttributions are closely intertwined...
- [The 4-week prevalence of somatoform disorders and associated psychosocial impairment]D Schoepf
Klinik und Poliklinik fur Psychiatrie und Psychotherapie, Universitatsklinikum Bonn
Nervenarzt 74:245-51. 2003..3 days of absence in work during the last month in female patients. The coexistence of SFS with other psychiatric disorders resulted in a greater extent of psychosocial impairment...
- [The importance of depressive disorders in somatic medicine]Christoph Herrmann-Lingen
Abteilung Psychosomatik und Psychotherapy, Klinik für Psychosomatik und Psychotherapie, Universitat Gottingen, Von Siebold Str 5, D 37075 Gottingen, Germany
Z Psychosom Med Psychother 49:391-407. 2003..While it still appears premature to establish generally applicable treatment guidelines, an individualized approach with regard to the different treatment alternatives for individual patients should be advocated...
- [Post-traumatic embitterment disorder (PTED). Differentiation of a specific form of adjustment disorders]M Linden
Forschungsgruppe Psychosomatische Rehabilitation an der Charité, der Abteilung für Verhaltenstherapie und Psychosomatik, Rehabilitationsklinik Seehof der BfA Teltow Berlin
Nervenarzt 75:51-7. 2004..3%), agoraphobia (28.6%), or panic (19.0%). Of the patients, 81% said they avoid places which remind them of the critical events. Impairments were suffered in work (70%), leisure (65%), and familial relations (57.1%)...
- Dimensional and categorical approaches to hypochondriasisW Hiller
Roseneck Center of Behavioural Medicine, Prien, Germany
Psychol Med 32:707-18. 2002..The DSM-IV definition of hypochondriasis is contrasted with hypochondriacal dimensions as provided by the Whiteley Index (WI) and Illness Attitude Scales (IAS)...
- Physical symptoms, posttraumatic stress disorder, and healthcare utilization of women with and without childhood physical and sexual abuseM Farley
Kaiser Foundation Research Institute, Oakland, California, USA
Psychol Rep 89:595-606. 2001..Findings underscore the importance of screening for trauma history among patients seen in medical clinics, and the importance for psychotherapists of attending to patients' physical as well as psychological symptoms of childhood trauma...
- [Psychosomatic liaison service in neurology. Accordance between need for psychotherapeutic interventions and their realization]K Fritzsche
Abteilung für Psychosomatik und Psychotherapeutische Medizin am Universitätsklinikum Freiburg
Nervenarzt 74:875-80. 2003..Differentiation between primary medical care and psychotherapy was difficult...
- [Psychiatric diseases in general practice]Hans Tönies
Wien Med Wochenschr 153:366; author reply 366. 2003
- Accuracy of referring psychiatric diagnosis on a consultation-liaison serviceStephen L Dilts
York Hospital, York, PA 17403, USA
Psychosomatics 44:407-11. 2003..Thus, initial diagnoses of a cognitive or substance use disorder by primary medical providers are likely to be accurate, whereas an initial diagnosis of a depressive disorder will be inaccurate in approximately half of the cases...
- Multidisciplinary examination of patients with illness attributed to dental fillingsS Langworth
Department of Public Health Sciences, Division of Occupational Medicine, Karolinska Hospital and Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
J Oral Rehabil 29:705-13. 2002..Patients were examined by a dentist (n 428), a physician (n 379), and a psychologist (n 360). Sixty-nine per cent were women and 31% men; the mean patient age was 46 years...
- Pediatric psychocutaneous disorders: a review of primary psychiatric disorders with dermatologic manifestationsKhalid Al Hawsawi
Section of Dermatology, The Hospital for Sick Children, University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Am J Clin Dermatol 12:247-57. 2011..PDDPC includes the psychophysiologic disorders such as atopic eczema, psoriasis, vitiligo, and alopecia areata...
- Biofeedback using telemedicine: clinical applications and case illustrationsJ Earles
Center of Excellence in Professional Psychology, Department of Psychology, Tripler Army Medical Center, Honolulu, Hawaii, USA
Behav Med 27:77-82. 2001..In addition, the authors discuss practical issues of behavioral telehealth...
- [The role of psychological factors and psychiatric disorders in skin diseases]Marta Kiec-Swierczynska
Przychodnia Chorób Zawodowych, Instytut Medycyny Pracy im prof J Nofera, Lodz
Med Pr 57:551-5. 2006..into three categories according to the relationship between skin diseases and mental disorders: 1) psychophysiologic disorders caused by skin diseases triggering different emotional states (stress), but not directly combined with ..
- Efficacy of n-3 polyunsaturated fatty acid enriched enteral nutrient solution in relieving oxidative stress in patients with severe psychophysiologic disordersYoshiaki Tanaka
Department of Pediatric Surgery, Kurume University School of Medicine, 67 Asahi Machi, Kurume 830 0011, Japan
Kurume Med J 51:83-90. 2004....
Research Grants128 found, 100 shown here
- AFFECTIVE CONSEQUENCES OF AD LIB CAFFEINE USE/WITHDRAWALWESLEY BULLOCK; Fiscal Year: 1990..4) Examine more closely the effect of long-term moderate ad lib caffeine consumption by including a group of moderate caffeine in the experimental phase of the study...
- Treatments for Psychogenic Nonepileptic Seizures (NES)W LaFrance; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- SYMPATHETIC NERVOUS SYSTEM REGULATION OF CELL ADHESIONPaul Mills; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- BNP and Neuroimmune Characteristics of CHF & DepressionPaul Mills; Fiscal Year: 2007..The overarching hypothesis of this study is that neuroimmune and adhesion molecule activation constitute an important pathophysiological pathway linking depression to worse outcomes in CHF. ..
- Role of depression and anxiety in the tobacco epidemicRenee Goodwin; Fiscal Year: 2007..Use of the NESARC offers a unique opportunity to analyze a large, longitudinal, epidemiologic dataset. ..
- SYMPATHETIC NERVOUS SYSTEM REGULATION OF CELL ADHESIONPaul Mills; Fiscal Year: 2001..The overarching hypothesis of the proposal is that hypertension combined with sympathetic activation results in enhanced effects on leukocyte, platelet and endothelial adhesion that are of likely clinical significance. ..
- American Psychosomatic Society Meeting GrantPaul Mills; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- SYMPATHETIC NERVOUS SYSTEM REGULATION OF CELL ADHESIONPaul Mills; Fiscal Year: 2002..The overarching hypothesis of the proposal is that hypertension combined with sympathetic activation results in enhanced effects on leukocyte, platelet and endothelial adhesion that are of likely clinical significance. ..
- UCSD Hillcrest Flow CytometerPaul Mills; Fiscal Year: 2003..It will also be the centerpiece for an environment of shared ideas and collaboration among investigators who now utilize cytometry for their research. ..
- SYMPATHETIC NERVOUS SYSTEM REGULATION OF CELL ADHESIONPaul Mills; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Anxiety and Psychological Vulnerability in Chest PainKAMILA WHITE; Fiscal Year: 2005..Data from this research program will allow Dr. White to establish an empirical foundation from which to apply these data to the development of novel interventions for patients with NCCP. ..
- SYMPATHETIC NERVOUS SYSTEM REGULATION OF CELL ADHESIONPaul Mills; Fiscal Year: 2003..The overarching hypothesis of the proposal is that hypertension combined with sympathetic activation results in enhanced effects on leukocyte, platelet and endothelial adhesion that are of likely clinical significance. ..
- Role of depression and anxiety in the tobacco epidemicRenee Goodwin; Fiscal Year: 2006..Use of the NESARC offers a unique opportunity to analyze a large, longitudinal, epidemiologic dataset. ..
- SYMPATHETIC NERVOUS SYSTEM REGULATION OF CELL ADHESIONPaul Mills; Fiscal Year: 2004
- Comorbid childhood anxiety and asthmaRenee Goodwin; Fiscal Year: 2006..That study will involve a longitudinal epidemiologic preventive intervention study aimed at reducing the risk of anxiety disorders among pediatric asthma/allergy patients. ..
- BNP and Neuroimmune Characteristics of CHF & DepressionPaul Mills; Fiscal Year: 2006..The overarching hypothesis of this study is that neuroimmune and adhesion molecule activation constitute an important pathophysiological pathway linking depression to worse outcomes in CHF. ..
- Role of depression and anxiety in the tobacco epidemicRenee Goodwin; Fiscal Year: 2005..Use of the NESARC offers a unique opportunity to analyze a large, longitudinal, epidemiologic dataset. ..
- Parkinson's Disease Neuroprotection Clinical Trial CenterVanessa Hinson; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Role of depression and anxiety in the tobacco epidemicRenee Goodwin; Fiscal Year: 2008
- SYMPATHETIC NERVOUS SYSTEM REGULATION OF CELL ADHESIONPaul Mills; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- SYMPATHETIC NERVOUS SYSTEM REGULATION OF CELL ADHESIONPaul Mills; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- BNP and Neuroimmune Characteristics of CHF & DepressionPaul Mills; Fiscal Year: 2005..The overarching hypothesis of this study is that neuroimmune and adhesion molecule activation constitute an important pathophysiological pathway linking depression to worse outcomes in CHF. ..
- American Psychosomatic Society Meeting GrantPaul Mills; Fiscal Year: 2008....
- SYMPATHETIC NERVOUS SYSTEM REGULATION OF CELL ADHESIONPaul Mills; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- SYMPATHETIC NERVOUS SYSTEM REGULATION OF CELL ADHESIONPaul J Mills; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- BNP and Neuroimmune Characteristics of CHF & DepressionPaul Mills; Fiscal Year: 2009
- BNP and Neuroimmune Characteristics of CHF & DepressionPaul Mills; Fiscal Year: 2008
- SYMPATHETIC NERVOUS SYSTEM REGULATION OF CELL ADHESIONPaul Mills; Fiscal Year: 1999..The project will help elucidate the effects of sympathetic activation on CAMs and the degree to which this physiology is altered in individuals with hypertensive disease. ..
- Long-Term Impact of World Trade Center Attacks in Primary CareYuval Neria; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- TEEN DRUG USE/ABUSE: PATHWAYS FROM CHILD MALTREATMENTDante Cicchetti; Fiscal Year: 2004..Psychopathology and problem adolescent behaviors also will be assessed. ..
- Psychosocial Telephone Intervention for Dementia CaregiversGeoffrey Tremont; Fiscal Year: 2007..It is expected that study results will support application of FITT-D in the community. ..
- Psychosocial Telephone Intervention for Dementia CaregiversGeoffrey Tremont; Fiscal Year: 2008..It is expected that study results will support application of FITT-D in the community. ..
- PREVENTIVE INTERVENTION FOR MALTREATED INFANTSDante Cicchetti; Fiscal Year: 2001....
- Risk Factors for Psychopathology in the WHO WMH SurveysRonald Kessler; Fiscal Year: 2006..Third, the level of detail in the description of data analysis plans has been substantially expanded in this revised submission in response to reviewer comments. ..
- Biobehavioral effects of topiramate on cannabis-related outcomes in adolescentsRobert Miranda; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Pain Rehabilitation: Patient Centered OutcomesMichael Robinson; Fiscal Year: 2007..These data will also improve our understanding of the mechanisms underlying Cognitive-Behavioral Treatments and Oral Opioid Treatment of chronic pain conditions. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Biobehavioral effects of topiramate on cannabis-related outcomes in adolescentsRobert Miranda; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- fMRI of Language Recover Following Stroke in AdultsJerzy P Szaflarski; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Multilevel Modeling for Depression Process CareLINDA DICKINSON; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Stepped Care for Depression and Musculoskeletal PainKurt Kroenke; Fiscal Year: 2006..Longitudinal assessment of the nondepressed cohort will establish the frequency and risk factors for incident depression. ..
- A Multiethnic Internet Study on Menopausal SymptomsEun Ok Im; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- Fatigue, depression, and inflammation in cancer survivors: A prospective studyJanice Kiecolt Glaser; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy for Pathological GamblingJon Grant; Fiscal Year: 2008..This award would provide me with the necessary background for further studies in the treatment of pathological gambling and the training for an independent patient-oriented research career. ..
- Adolescents' Exposure to Family and Community ViolenceGayla Margolin; Fiscal Year: 2007..The focus on proximal, modifiable variables ultimately can be used to inform intervention and prevention programs for adolescents exposed to violence. ..
- Children and Political Violence in Northern IrelandE Cummings; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- Elucidating Mechanisms of Pharmacotherapy for AlcoholismRobert Miranda; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Social Role Disability and Mental-Physical Co-MorbidityMichael Von Korff; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Breast Cancer Survivors: Physical Activity, Inflammation, Fatigue, and DistressJanice Kiecolt Glaser; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- Understanding the Pathway to Functional Disability in Alzheimer's diseaseSARAH E TOMASZEWSKI FARIAS; Fiscal Year: 2010..Understanding how disability develops in AD will have far reaching applications to public health, preventative medicine, and treatment development, and will also have important implications for the individualized care of patients. ..
- NEUROAIDS: EFFECTS OF METHAMPHETAMINE AND HCVIgor Grant; Fiscal Year: 2008....
- ALZHEIMER CAREGIVER COPING--MENTAL AND PHYSICAL HEALTHIgor Grant; Fiscal Year: 1999..The data from this phase should move caregiver research closer to understanding mechanisms linking caregiver stress, physiological response, and health. ..
- BIOLOGICAL EXPLANATION OF SES DIFFERENCES IN HEALTHTeresa Seeman; Fiscal Year: 2001....
- MARITAL CONFLICT RESOLUTION AND CHILD DEVELOPMENTE Cummings; Fiscal Year: 2001..abstract_text> ..
- HYPERTENSION, COGNITION, AND THE BRAIN IN OLDER ADULTSSHARI WALDSTEIN; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- PARENTAL DEPRESSION AND INFANT DEVELOPMENTPeter Lewinsohn; Fiscal Year: 2000..This information is important for the design of preventative interventions intended to reduce the deleterious effects of parental depression on children. ..
- CHILD ABUSE REPORTING EXPERIENCE STUDY (CARES)Emalee Flaherty; Fiscal Year: 2004..This study will provide the most thorough description ever of SCAN in primary care, thus providing important data needed for both research and policy in the area of child abuse identification and management. ..
- A NURSING STUDY OF GUT FUNCTION IN MENSTRUATING WOMENMargaret Heitkemper; Fiscal Year: 1993..Knowledge of the relationship among menstrual cycle function, ANS /adrenal arousal, psychological/somatic distress and GI responsivity (symptoms and function) has implications for GI symptom management in menstruating women...
- DEVELOPMENTAL EPIDEMIOLOGY OF ANXIETY IN PRESCHOOLERSHelen Egger; Fiscal Year: 2005..This work will make important contributions to the development of prevention and treatment interventions for young children and will contribute to our understanding of the etiology of childhood psychopathology. ..
- Risk Factors for Psychopathology in the WHO WMH SurveysRonald Kessler; Fiscal Year: 2006..The unprecedented size and substantive richness of the WMH database will allow important contributions to be made in each of these six areas of investigation. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- LONGITUDINAL STUDY IN PSYCHIATRIC EPIDEMIOLOGYJane Murphy; Fiscal Year: 2000..Analysis of data will make use of multivariate techniques such as loglinear analysis, survival regressions, and structural equation modelling. Reliability and validity of psychiatric diagnoses will be assessed. ..
- BIOLOGICAL EXPLANATION OF SES DIFFERENCES IN HEALTHTeresa Seeman; Fiscal Year: 2000....
- SUBGROUPS OF FMS--SYMPTOMS, BELIEFS & TAILORED TREATMENTDENNIS TURK; Fiscal Year: 2000..Overall, the results of these studies should establish the benefit of matching treatments to subject characteristics, and enhance our understanding of the roles of cognitive-affective-behavioral adaptation of FMS patients. ..
- Improved assessment of heart failure symptoms: development of a computerized toolBernice Ruo; Fiscal Year: 2008..Development of a dyspnea item bank and utilizing computer adaptive testing can help achieve these goals by improving symptom assessment. ..
- Ethnic Specific Midlife Women's Attitudes Toward Physical ActivityEun Ok Im; Fiscal Year: 2007..S., by directing the development of physical activity promotion programs that can serve ethnic minority midlife women through the Internet. ..
- SUBGROUPS OF FMS--SYMPTOMS, BELIEFS & TAILORED TREATMENTDENNIS TURK; Fiscal Year: 2008..COMB treatment potentially produces the best overall outcome, since it incorporates both CR+ST, which is relevant to all participants, and ET, which is relevant to high fear participants. ..
- Special Scientific Procedures: Statistical Modeling CoreCharles Nemeroff; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Predictors of Antidepressant Treatment Response: The Emory CIDARHelen Mayberg; Fiscal Year: 2008..Delineation of patient characteristics that predict treatment response to a specific treatment modality will dramatically improve patient outcomes and reduce the risk of inadequate treatment...
- Emory Conte Center for the Neuroscience of Mental DisordersBecky Kinkead; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Ethnic Specific Midlife Women's Attitudes Toward Physical ActivityEun Ok Im; Fiscal Year: 2010..S., by directing the development of physical activity promotion programs that can serve ethnic minority midlife women through the Internet. ..
- MENTAL DISORDERS AS RISK FACTORS FOR SUBSTANCE DISORDERSRonald Kessler; Fiscal Year: 1999....
- The Effect of Exercise on Acute Nicotine Withdrawal: Human StudyIsabella Soreca; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Hurricane Katrina Community Advisory GroupRonald C Kessler; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- SUBGROUPS OF FMS--SYMPTOMS, BELIEFS & TAILORED TREATMENTDENNIS TURK; Fiscal Year: 2009..COMB treatment potentially produces the best overall outcome, since it incorporates both CR+ST, which is relevant to all participants, and ET, which is relevant to high fear participants. ..
- Ethnic Specific Midlife Women's Attitudes Toward Physical ActivityEun Ok Im; Fiscal Year: 2009..S., by directing the development of physical activity promotion programs that can serve ethnic minority midlife women through the Internet. ..
- Hurricane Katrina Community Advisory GroupRonald Kessler; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Adolescents' Exposure to Family and Community ViolenceGayla Margolin; Fiscal Year: 2008..The focus on proximal, modifiable variables ultimately can be used to inform intervention and prevention programs for adolescents exposed to violence. ..
- Children and Political Violence in Northern IrelandE Cummings; Fiscal Year: 2008..More generally, understanding of relations between community violence, family functioning, adolescents' regulatory processes, and adolescent adjustment will be uniquely advanced. ..
- SUBGROUPS OF FMS--SYMPTOMS, BELIEFS & TAILORED TREATMENTDENNIS TURK; Fiscal Year: 1999..Overall, the results of these studies should establish the benefit of matching treatments to subject characteristics, and enhance our understanding of the roles of cognitive-affective-behavioral adaptation of FMS patients. ..
- Biological Embedding of Early-Life SESGregory Miller; Fiscal Year: 2009..It examines the idea that poverty in early childhood changes the way the immune system functions, and does so in a fashion that persists across the lifespan and renders a person vulnerable to diseases in adulthood. ..
- Biological Embedding of Early-Life SESGREGORY EVAN MILLER; Fiscal Year: 2011..It examines the idea that poverty in early childhood changes the way the immune system functions, and does so in a fashion that persists across the lifespan and renders a person vulnerable to diseases in adulthood. ..
- Mixed-Method Analysis of Depressed Japanese WomenDenise Saint Arnault; Fiscal Year: 2008..It will identify cultural patterns of help-seeking to facilitate program development; elucidate cultural adaptations for existing psychiatric tools; and refine symptom profiles to improve precision of mental health assessments. ..
- A Multiethnic Internet Study on Menopausal SymptomsEun Ok Im; Fiscal Year: 2008....
- SUBGROUPS OF FMS--SYMPTOMS, BELIEFS & TAILORED TREATMENTDENNIS TURK; Fiscal Year: 2005..COMB treatment potentially produces the best overall outcome, since it incorporates both CR+ST, which is relevant to all participants, and ET, which is relevant to high fear participants. ..
- A Multiethnic Internet Study on Menopausal SymptomsEun Ok Im; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- A LONGITUDINAL STUDY IN PSYCHIATRIC EPIDEMIOLOGYJane Murphy; Fiscal Year: 2007..This research concerns whether such disorders are changing in their distribution, their correlates and associations, or in their clinical features. ..
- Mixed-Method Analysis of Depressed Japanese WomenDenise Saint Arnault; Fiscal Year: 2005..It will identify cultural patterns of help-seeking to facilitate program development; elucidate cultural adaptations for existing psychiatric tools; and refine symptom profiles to improve precision of mental health assessments. ..
- PREVENTING CHRONIC WHIPLASH PAIN: BIOBEHAVIORAL APPROACHDENNIS TURK; Fiscal Year: 2003..The data from this trial will provide important information about the potential of early interventions to prevent chronic problems that afflict millions of MVA victims. ..
- A LONGITUDINAL STUDY IN PSYCHIATRIC EPIDEMIOLOGYJane Murphy; Fiscal Year: 2004..This research concerns whether such disorders are increasing in number or changing in clinical features. ..
- CHILD ABUSE REPORTING EXPERIENCE STUDY (CARES)Emalee Flaherty; Fiscal Year: 2003..This study will provide the most thorough description ever of SCAN in primary care, thus providing important data needed for both research and policy in the area of child abuse identification and management. ..
- A Multiethnic Internet Study on Menopausal SymptomsEun Ok Im; Fiscal Year: 2006....